PDA

View Full Version : Palm Beach Florida: Coetzer, Rubin and Morariu

bluepastures
Nov 29th, 2002, 07:40 PM
Just seen this on the USTA Florida newsletter. Might be interesting for locals:

Women's Tennis Coming to Swingtime; Coetzer, Rubin, Morariu Commit

Top women's tennis players Amanda Coetzer, Chanda Rubin and Corina Morariu will compete in the Tennis Exhibition at Swingtime, a Pro-Celebrity Pro-Am Tennis & Golf Tournament, benefiting the Tim & Tom Gullikson Foundation (TTGF). Swingtime returns to Ibis Golf & Country Club in West Palm Beach, FL, December 14th - 15th, 2002.

All three women have been ranked in the Top 10 in singles and/or doubles during their careers. Morariu, of Boca Raton, provided one of the year’s most inspirational stories after returning to the professional tour 14 months after being diagnosed with leukemia.

The Tennis Exhibition, with four feature matches, begins at 1:00 p.m. on Saturday, December 14. Joining Coetzer, Rubin and Morariu for a doubles match will be Mary Joe Fernandez. Other matches include Andy Roddick competing against a challenger to be named in singles and Event Host and TTGF Chairman Tom Gullikson, Board Members Jim Courier and Todd Martin, MaliVai Washington, Aaron Krickstein, Stan Smith, Kathy Rinaldi and Carling Bassett-Seguso competing in two additional matches.

auntie janie
Nov 30th, 2002, 01:20 PM
Mary Joe :)
I was wondering who the fourth player would be!

King Aaron
Nov 30th, 2002, 03:25 PM
:D

Ryan
Dec 1st, 2002, 02:54 PM
Yay Carling!;)

Aphrodite
Dec 17th, 2002, 05:38 AM
results

King Aaron
Dec 17th, 2002, 01:41 PM
anyone know anything?

Wimanna
Dec 20th, 2002, 01:27 PM
Is this exhibition even played?? so where are the score :D ?

King Aaron
Dec 20th, 2002, 05:52 PM
I don't think Corina is playing anyway, she has a new injury recently

AgassiGirl16
Dec 20th, 2002, 07:41 PM
Yeah, I don't think Corina would be playing..she just had shoulder surgery.

Mary Kate