PDA

View Full Version : Why is Azarenka still shrieking?

Navratil
Sep 6th, 2012, 07:21 AM
Doesn't her management tell her to stop her screaming?

It probaly costs her millions of dollars!

So many people just don't like her because of her screaming. It's different with Sharapova. Her yells are different and not that annoying.

Navratil
Sep 6th, 2012, 07:24 AM
I actually really like her game but I never watch her games unless she's playing one of my favorites because of this horrible noise!

When Seles was criticize for her moaning I couldn't understand that. It just fit to her power game and I even kinda liked it.

But Azarenka is way to much! I can't stand that! It's rediculous!

LoLex
Sep 6th, 2012, 07:39 AM
Tell her that.

NashaMasha
Sep 6th, 2012, 07:50 AM

So many people just don't like her because of her screaming. It's different with Sharapova. Her yells are different and not that annoying.

screaming doesn't affect popularity or endorsements... just check what Sharapova is earning and how popular she is

Yes, there is a good number of trolls in internet who are writing here and there about shrieking , making this case look more significant... But it's more like fans of other players try to express their hatred

in 90% you hate Azarenka = you can't stand her vuvuzela , you are a Vikastan = you don't care about it

I've been watching women's tennise since Seles's time and just accustomed to screaming on court... It's not really a big issue

oh yeah i guess
Sep 6th, 2012, 08:13 AM
This is like a typical Morrissey thread except made by someone not named Morrissey.

Lord Choc Ice
Sep 6th, 2012, 08:15 AM
If she stopped now she'd be selling out :oh:.

Simugna Help
Sep 6th, 2012, 08:35 AM
This is like a typical Morrissey thread except made by someone not named Morrissey.

Welcome to a typical Navratil thread.:lol:

duhcity
Sep 6th, 2012, 08:38 AM
Shrieking controversy is entirely media generated.

In Australia, Indian Wells, and now in New York, it's been barely mentioned in press, only as a passing issue or a quick joke. The crowd at the tournaments titter for a game or two, and move on.
At Wimbledon where grunting is a front line issue when discussing Women's tennis, you get far more murmurs on Centre Court, and actual jeering and mocking on the outer courts.

It's an issue, yes, because it's gamesmanship from some players. But let's not pretend your sensitive ass ears are a serious influence on the issue.

hERi
Sep 6th, 2012, 08:39 AM
this is unnecessary thread...

LUVMIRZA
Sep 6th, 2012, 08:44 AM
oh...hi Morrissey:wavey:

Welcome1
Sep 6th, 2012, 09:05 AM
Vika's just trolling those whiny idiots with her shrieks. She won't stop!)

Talula
Sep 6th, 2012, 09:56 AM
She's good at it. Never stop what you're good at.

pav
Sep 6th, 2012, 10:00 AM
I can't believe thread starter is ripping into renka's noise and finding pova's not that annoying, surely both or neither of the fuckers.

oh yeah i guess
Sep 6th, 2012, 12:02 PM
Welcome to a typical Navratil thread.:lol:

I wonder if they both know each other ...

Qrystyna
Sep 6th, 2012, 12:14 PM
I don't know why it's necessary for her to make that awful sound. She doesn't even hit the ball very hard. :tape:

oh yeah i guess
Sep 6th, 2012, 12:16 PM
I don't know why it's necessary for her to make that awful sound. She doesn't even hit the ball very hard. :tape:

Kirilenko says hi.

chuvack
Sep 6th, 2012, 12:17 PM
Congratulations to the OP for having 3 troll threads on the first page of GM at once.

Cajka
Sep 6th, 2012, 12:17 PM
:spit: I love you, Navratil. You don't post for months and then you come here and open 10 threads in a day. :rolls:

Qrystyna
Sep 6th, 2012, 12:19 PM
Kirilenko says hi.

Ooh yes, I was going to mention her as well. She even shrieks when she moonballs. :lol:

Volcana
Sep 6th, 2012, 12:23 PM

It probaly costs her millions of dollars!She's the #1 ranked player in the world, and won OZ this year. Why would she change anything?

As for costing her money, how much has it cost Sharapova, or Serena, or Monica Seles?

And no, it's not more or less annoying than other players. Personally, I'm quite sure they could stop it, but when your biggest money-makers all do it, you don't mess with the golden goose.

chuvack
Sep 6th, 2012, 12:36 PM
She's the #1 ranked player in the world, and won OZ this year. Why would she change anything?

As for costing her money, how much has it cost Sharapova, or Serena, or Monica Seles?

And no, it's not more or less annoying than other players. Personally, I'm quite sure they could stop it, but when your biggest money-makers all do it, you don't mess with the golden goose.

An extremely wise post worthy of Confucius. Now can this thread PLEEZ go away.

Loungy
Sep 6th, 2012, 12:41 PM
Ooh yes, I was going to mention her as well. She even shrieks when she moonballs. :lol:
Kirilenko is the worst offender by far. So unecessary.

People talk about Kvitova's bark, but Petra absolutely murders the ball.

Jimmie48
Sep 6th, 2012, 01:23 PM
The more pressing question is: Why are you still allowed to open new threads?

miffedmax
Sep 6th, 2012, 02:28 PM

Aga begs to differ.

Melly Flew Us
Sep 6th, 2012, 08:26 PM
sorry but azarenka's lack of relatability will cost her money not that god-awful shriek.

edificio
Sep 6th, 2012, 09:19 PM
I don't hear her, so she must have stopped. Or maybe she's not playing.

No. They are equally annoying.

Trickle
Sep 6th, 2012, 09:23 PM
I like Vika but I'd be lying if I said her grunt doesn't irk me. I feel like she would have alot more fans if she didn't grunt like she did because she plays very nice tennis sometimes.

tennis-insomniac
Sep 6th, 2012, 09:45 PM
Wait until Cadantu became the world no.1 :tape: anyway, I agree less grunting would be nice but neither I have problem with it. Some grunts are excruciating (Azarenka's, Sharapova's) but it's tennis I wanna see, so most of the time, it's not a big deal for me.

TheLegendof
Sep 6th, 2012, 10:27 PM
I am not an Azarenka fan (although I like her, she seems cool enough), but I am not annoyed in the least by her screaming. It doesn't bother me in the least and I almost never notice it. I was shocked to find out how loud it is, because it doesn't seem that way to me.

I dislike Sharapova and find her screams very aggravating, but I can watch her matches without wanting to commit suicide. I don't like how much louder they get when she is in trouble, though. Azarenka stays at the sameish level, I think. And Venus' death screams drove me crazy, even though I'm a big fan. She's not as bad in the last year or so.

So I guess it varies for everyone, regardless of fandom -- I think Azarenka can become much more marketable than she is now even with the screams.

hurricanejeanne
Sep 6th, 2012, 11:30 PM
Why is Azarenka still shrieking?

Because she fucking can, that's why. Don't like it, don't watch.

miffedmax
Sep 7th, 2012, 02:36 AM
Why is Azarenka still shrieking?

Because she fucking can, that's why. Don't like it, don't watch.

Please. As true Vika fans, we know the real reason.

She does it because she is the embodiment of Evil.

http://cdn.ndtv.com/sports/images/stories/23052011/azarenka120.jpg

Pictured: Vika sucking the soul out of a ballkid who has displeased her.

Let.them.talk
Sep 7th, 2012, 02:45 AM
My god, that pic :worship:

With truth spoken, we can act like nothing happened here :angel:

tsmile789
Sep 7th, 2012, 02:56 AM
Well it's what's get her attention n media (bad or good, people is talking abt it) especially in her younger days, no one would hav notice her without her shreik...so now that she's a top playe, it's her signature thing, and u can't stop it. Ex. Maria's scream...monica's grunt...it's what makes them.

hdfb
Sep 7th, 2012, 03:39 AM
Shrieking controversy is entirely media generated.

In Australia, Indian Wells, and now in New York, it's been barely mentioned in press, only as a passing issue or a quick joke. The crowd at the tournaments titter for a game or two, and move on.

Not entirely true... During AO coverage this year, they had a grunt-o-meter for players with loud grunts and would show the decibels during certain rallies where a players grunt was louder than usual.

Achernar
Sep 7th, 2012, 04:39 AM

:lol:

http://images.fanpop.com/images/image_uploads/The-Mummy-Returns-the-mummy-movies-695946_1024_768.jpg

She will do a good mummy in her after-life :eek:

Navratil
Sep 7th, 2012, 06:57 AM
screaming doesn't affect popularity or endorsements... just check what Sharapova is earning and how popular she is

Yes, there is a good number of trolls in internet who are writing here and there about shrieking , making this case look more significant... But it's more like fans of other players try to express their hatred

in 90% you hate Azarenka = you can't stand her vuvuzela , you are a Vikastan = you don't care about it

I've been watching women's tennise since Seles's time and just accustomed to screaming on court... It's not really a big issue

Not every sreaming is the same!

I don't mind Sharapova's and I even liked Seles' but Azarenka screams in a way that I can't stand!

Navratil
Sep 7th, 2012, 07:07 AM
.. and it sure does affect her popularity and that way her earnings!

She's # 1 but Ivanovic and way lower ranked players still do better with endorsement contracts!

Well, Azarenka doesn't look like Ana but she's not ugly ;)

bandabou
Sep 7th, 2012, 07:58 AM
:lol: I mean..it's ridiculous the moaning about Vika's grunting/shrieking. If you're gonna complain about that, then how do you explain Sharapova's fame?! This is just good marketing ploy by team Sharapova. :lol:

nealcaffrey
Sep 7th, 2012, 08:21 AM
azarenka would not be earning millions and millions of dollars as endorser even if she play quiet as a mouse
maria is noisy too but she earn millions
market power is about looks & charisma
azarenka lacks both to merit millions

ana is not earning more than azarenka because she is quieter player!
she is earning more coz she is more beautiful

chuvack
Sep 7th, 2012, 08:33 AM
azarenka would not be earning millions and millions of dollars as endorser even if she play quiet as a mouse
maria is noisy too but she earn millions
market power is about looks & charisma
azarenka lacks both to merit millions

ana is not earning more than azarenka because she is quieter player!
she is earning more coz she is more beautiful

Wrong. Vika has at least the same charisma as Shara, and she more physically attractive from the straight man's point of view (a great round ass compared to Shara's flat ass and ungainly body shape). Face is a matter of opinion but from my view Vika is clearly prettier.

As the poster Melly noted above, Vika's appeal suffers from a lack of relatability. This is different from charisma or looks.

LoLex
Sep 7th, 2012, 08:46 AM

Lol I thought Getty Images are not allowed to be posted.

Cosmic Voices
Sep 7th, 2012, 10:01 AM
Wrong. Vika has at least the same charisma as Shara, and she more physically attractive from the straight man's point of view (a great round ass compared to Shara's flat ass and ungainly body shape). Face is a matter of opinion but from my view Vika is clearly prettier.

As the poster Melly noted above, Vika's appeal suffers from a lack of relatability. This is different from charisma or looks.

Oh my :hysteric:

Jimmie48
Sep 7th, 2012, 10:12 AM

I see this word popping up a lot in here and I really wonder how relatable top tennis players are to begin with.

How can people relate to Sharapova for example? Anybody else in here starting their own candy brand or wondering what to wear for their Letterman appearance next week? Probably not..

My point is, these girls enjoy a lifestyle that's miles away from the realities at least 95% of the users in here are facing every day so the relatability is limited to begin with, if you ask me.

In the end, it boils to down to being likable. So is Vika less likable than other top players? Surely not. She's funny, charming and despite her success she's downright modest (especially compared to some other players in the Top 10...)

miffedmax
Sep 7th, 2012, 12:43 PM
Lol I thought Getty Images are not allowed to be posted.

Oh crap. I didn't see the watermark. Good catch.

Sorry, I'll try to replace it later.

Mary Cherry.
Sep 7th, 2012, 12:46 PM

This. I don't get why people (media too) act like it's some new epidemic taking over the world.

NashaMasha
Sep 7th, 2012, 03:36 PM

no waist = no physical attraction for straight men.. And yes , 90% of physical attraction refers to the face....

for instance Jankovic has a better body than Kirilenko, but who cares?

Jane Lane
Sep 7th, 2012, 03:43 PM
Morrissey is German now?

miffedmax
Sep 7th, 2012, 04:11 PM
no waist = no physical attraction for straight men.. And yes , 90% of physical attraction refers to the face....

for instance Jankovic has a better body than Kirilenko, but who cares?

You contradict yourself. If 90% of attraction is the face, then the waist clearly doesn't matter much.

And I think Masha has a better body than JJ and I'm a straight guy.