PDA

View Full Version : Serena-Errani

Volcana
Sep 6th, 2012, 01:23 AM
I've been looking forward to this. I don't know if Errani's trickery can get her into this match, but it's got to be better than watching some baseline power player get her head handed to her.

Sammo
Sep 6th, 2012, 01:24 AM
I've been looking forward to this. I don;t know if Errani's trickery can get her into this match.

No

My prediction:

http://img404.imageshack.us/img404/6949/d841e07b6338452c50b9531.gif

SilverSlam
Sep 6th, 2012, 01:25 AM
if serena loses more than 1 game then I can't.

Smitten
Sep 6th, 2012, 01:26 AM
I've been looking forward to this. I don't know if Errani's trickery can get her into this match, but it's got to be better than watching some baseline power player get her head handed to her.

MLXZNPzY_bg

This was a very good match. I remember watching it and Sara played well, but she had little chance once Serena got going.

She did not hold serve at all in set 2 and set 3. Generally speaking though, Serena/Errani matches are not as much of a blowout as people would expect.

RenaSlam.
Sep 6th, 2012, 01:27 AM
Serena should be able to tee off on Errani's serves (1st and 2nd). The way Serena is serving and returning, the points will be short so Errani won't be able to get into the match.

SilverSlam
Sep 6th, 2012, 01:28 AM
Serena should be able to tee off on Errani's serves (1st and 2nd). The way Serena is serving and returning, the points will be short so Errani won't be able to get into the match.

This. Errani's serve will probably sit up nicely for Serena, and no offence to Errani but she has no real weapons, so it's not like today with Ana where she can get a few games from her own game. She needs Serena to play poorly, and that is NOT happening.

Patrick345
Sep 6th, 2012, 01:32 AM
MLXZNPzY_bg

This was a very good match. I remember watching it and Sara played well, but she had little chance once Serena got going.

She did not hold serve at all in set 2 and set 3. Generally speaking though, Serena/Errani matches are not as much of a blowout as people would expect.

Not?

6-4 6-3 (clay)
6-1 6-2 (hardcourt)
4-6 6-2 6-0 (hardcourt)

...and we all now Serena didnīt even care about any of these matches, because it was in the early rounds and Errani was a nobody back then.

dencod16
Sep 6th, 2012, 01:34 AM
The problem with this is that Errani hasn't face someone that will tee her serves off. The way Serena is playing doubt this will be a contest.

Patrick345
Sep 6th, 2012, 01:34 AM

Errani is short, too. That means even less reach on ROS. The only thing that could throw Serenaīs timing off for a few games is the extreme slowness of Erraniīs serve.

sxeraserhead
Sep 6th, 2012, 01:36 AM
Errani is going to junk the living hell out of Serena, and Serena will probably take a while to get the timing on Errani's serve. My guess is 7-5 6-0 or something along those lines.

Rolling-Thunder
Sep 6th, 2012, 01:42 AM
What was the score of Vee against Errani?

dencod16
Sep 6th, 2012, 01:46 AM
What was the score of Vee against Errani?

They have met three times Vee and Sara
2011 Aussie 6-3, 6-2
2012 Olympics 6-3, 6-1
2012 Cinci 6-3, 6-0

Volcana
Sep 6th, 2012, 02:09 AM
The outcome is not much in doubt. But would you rather see this? Or another 'Beatdown Down Down Under Part XII'

If Serena wins this tournament, I want them to fix the OZ draw so she plays seven straight junkballers. Get Conchi and Patty Schnyder out of retirement if you have too. I like Serena winning, since Venus isn't a threat to win slams anymore, but when it's 6-1, 6-3, and we're talking about 'Serena got tight', 'Serena was challenged' ....

Enough!

It's mostly, 'Serena got bored.'

I hated seeing her beat V or S, but I sure miss Justine Henin.

Rolling-Thunder
Sep 6th, 2012, 02:46 AM
The outcome is not much in doubt. But would you rather see this? Or another 'Beatdown Down Down Under Part XII'

If Serena wins this tournament, I want them to fix the OZ draw so she plays seven straight junkballers. Get Conchi and Patty Schnyder out of retirement if you have too. I like Serena winning, since Venus isn't a threat to win slams anymore, but when it's 6-1, 6-3, and we're talking about 'Serena got tight', 'Serena was challenged' ....

Enough!

I want to enjoy Serena add titles. No one will ever talk about her easy draw(s)any more than they anyone cal recall cakewalks for Graf, Evert, Navratilova or Seles. After some of the bum raps she's gotten before, this would make up for the past.

2Black
Sep 6th, 2012, 02:54 PM
MLXZNPzY_bg

Yea, all this shows me is that once Serena started treating this like a real match, it was over quickly. This was also pre-embolism Serena - The girl who didn't care as much for non-slam tournaments. I think she'll take Errani serious tomorrow & win comfortably.

FORZA SARITA
Sep 6th, 2012, 03:11 PM

did you feel the same some weeks ago?:lol:

pov
Sep 6th, 2012, 03:18 PM
Errani will win at least 3 games in each set. She may even win a set.

Bijoux0021
Sep 6th, 2012, 03:26 PM
I don't think this match is going to be a cakewalk for Serena as most expected. Errani is a fighter. She's going to do everything in her power to make it competitive and not be blown away by Serena.

2Black
Sep 6th, 2012, 03:34 PM
Serena should have a serious talk with Venus... Venus kills Errani!

TheBoiledEgg
Sep 6th, 2012, 04:32 PM
its time

http://mexicomystic.files.wordpress.com/2010/01/et_phone_home_f.jpg

Darop.
Sep 6th, 2012, 05:43 PM
Sadly, Errani can't compete with players who hit through her, mostly due to her lack of serve. And when people start pounding her serve back, she gets frustrated, and the rest of her game just seems to fall apart.

So basically, unless Serena has an extremely shitty day, I doubt Sara will even be able to compete :sad:

DOUBLEFIST
Sep 6th, 2012, 06:31 PM
I don't think Serena will "struggle" in this match, per se, but I do feel that when she gets through it (and she will), it's going to be difficult for her to adjust to whoever comes out of the other semi.

Errani puts so much junk on the ball that, perforce, Serena's stroke production and timing will have to adjust. Then, once through, she will have to RE-ADJUST to either Vika or Sha'po' - likely Vika.

As a result, I think there's going to be a real opportunity for whomever comes out of the other half to jump on Serena early and somewhat neutralize Serena's typical advantage as a front runner. That will allow Vika/Maria to create more pressure on Serena then she's accustomed to early in a match.

The key for Serena will be how quickly she can adjust from the Errani match and how she handles the early pressure.

RVD
Sep 6th, 2012, 06:45 PM
I don't think Serena will "struggle" in this match, per se, but I do feel that when she gets through it (and she will), it's going to be difficult for her to adjust to whoever comes out of the other semi.

Errani puts so much junk on the ball that, perforce, Serena's stroke production and timing will have to adjust. Then, once through, she will have to RE-ADJUST to either Vika or Sha'po' - likely Vika.

As a result, I think there's going to be a real opportunity for whomever comes out of the other half to jump on Serena early and somewhat neutralize Serena's typical advantage as a front runner. That will allow Vika/Maria to create more pressure on Serena then she's accustomed to early in a match.

The key for Serena will be how quickly she can adjust from the Errani match and how she handles the early pressure.Sometimes you scare me, as I was thinking the same thing.

But this is how I see this match developing.

1) Serena will walk onto court all business.
2) Will immediately seek to end the first set quickly, in an effort to demotivate Errani.
3) Serena's ground game will be all power, save for a few volley attempts to keep Errani constantly moving.
In my opinion, Serena needs to keep Errani off-balance, tee-off on her puff-ball serves, and keep moving forward with powerful returns. Errani just cannot handle power players, as far as I've seen.
4) If Serena is able to remain focused like she has over the last few rounds, this will be a quick match (apprx. 1hr, if that).

All that said, if Serena's serve is on point, then we're looking at a possible 6-2, 6-0, scoreline. And I'm only giving Errani 2 games because I believe that she will have earned them in a head to head mental challenge with Serena, and Serena will blow 2 games out of sheer anger due to Errani getting under her skin.

Lastly, I believe Serena will practice with either Venus or Sasha to recover her timing after Errani's junk-ball match.
Then all will be set for the Finals.

Just this fans 2 cents worth. :)

NashaMasha
Sep 6th, 2012, 06:51 PM
I hope to see 43 dropshots in this match

DOUBLEFIST
Sep 6th, 2012, 06:55 PM
Sometimes you scare me, as I was thinking the same thing.

But this is how I see this match developing.

1) Serena will walk onto court all business.
2) Will immediately seek to end the first set quickly, in an effort to demotivate Errani.
3) Serena's ground game will be all power, save for a few volley attempts to keep Errani constantly moving.
In my opinion, Serena needs to keep Errani off-balance, tee-off on her puff-ball serves, and keep moving forward with powerful returns. Errani just cannot handle power players, as far as I've seen.
4) If Serena is able to remain focused like she has over the last few rounds, this will be a quick match (apprx. 1hr, if that).

All that said, if Serena's serve is on point, then we're looking at a possible 6-2, 6-0, scoreline. And I'm only giving Errani 2 games because I believe that she will have earned them in a head to head mental challenge with Serena, and Serena will blow 2 games out of sheer anger due to Errani getting under her skin.

Lastly, I believe Serena will practice with either Venus or Sasha to recover her timing after Errani's junk-ball match.
Then all will be set for the Finals.

Just this fans 2 cents worth. :)
I like that match narrative :bounce:

If Serena's taking the ball early, they won't do Errani any good.

TheHangover
Sep 6th, 2012, 06:57 PM
the fact is that serena returns will kill sara serve and serena serve will kill sara returns, and if the rally begins serena got still a huge advantage, no chance there, i'm sorry for the "huge amount" of sara fans of this board

Mynarco
Sep 6th, 2012, 06:58 PM
I would be so disappointed if Serena loses a set to this woman

ToopsTame
Sep 6th, 2012, 07:00 PM
Errani got golden setted by the likes of Shvedova a couple of months ago. I can't imagine what an in-form Serena would do to her.

Singleniacki
Sep 6th, 2012, 07:00 PM
Errani's shots are unusually heavy but slow, Serena can struggle to time them, or she could have a field day.

tae04
Sep 6th, 2012, 07:02 PM
6-1 6-2

LUXXXAS
Sep 6th, 2012, 07:05 PM
Serena 6-0;6-1 or double bagel
Errani serves about 100km/h :o

chuvack
Sep 7th, 2012, 04:36 PM
I don't really enjoy seeing Serena beat the living shit out of her opponents in late rounds of the Slams (except when its Sharapova).

Errani makes up for her lack of firepower by being a fiesty player with a lot of belief. If Serena is off her game even a bit, Errani has a good chance to win. Having said that, if Serena comes out and serves the way she has for most matches this year, it will porbably be a thrashing.

Today is the first time in a long time that I look forward to watching both womens GS semifinals.

miffedmax
Sep 7th, 2012, 05:40 PM

Enough!

Please. We can both think of a much better retired player to challenge Serena than the evil Belgian.

http://www.sports-wired.com/women/elena_dementieva/wos231.jpg

Natural Joe
Sep 7th, 2012, 05:59 PM
6-1 6-2

So do you pick Serena or Sara to win with this scoreline? :scratch: :confused: :unsure: :shrug:

laurapinna
Sep 7th, 2012, 06:39 PM
I don't really enjoy seeing Serena beat the living shit out of her opponents in late rounds of the Slams (except when its Sharapova).

Errani makes up for her lack of firepower by being a fiesty player with a lot of belief. If Serena is off her game even a bit, Errani has a good chance to win. Having said that, if Serena comes out and serves the way she has for most matches this year, it will porbably be a thrashing.

Today is the first time in a long time that I look forward to watching both womens GS semifinals.

I totally agree. Errani has to be lucky...because all the match will depend on Serena. Anyway Errani should try to make Serena run a lot...

18majors
Sep 7th, 2012, 07:04 PM
Sara may not win but she will put out a good show.

Miracle Worker
Sep 7th, 2012, 07:07 PM
I'm praying for Sara :sobbing:

I hope she will win enough game to embarrass all previous Serena's opponents in this tournament.

SilverSlam
Sep 7th, 2012, 07:24 PM
did you feel the same some weeks ago?:lol:

A few weeks ago when she was playing on clay, her best surface where she's had by far her best results? Of course not.

I don't think this match is going to be a cakewalk for Serena as most expected. Errani is a fighter. She's going to do everything in her power to make it competitive and not be blown away by Serena.

There's only so much someone with such limited weapons can do against Serena. It's not really like Errani can use her pace like Azarenka, and I'm sure Serena could probably kick serve over Errani's head :lol:

tennisfan5
Sep 7th, 2012, 07:31 PM
errani also doesn't place her serves all that well, in addition to the reduced pace, so breaks will come easy

ToopsTame
Sep 7th, 2012, 07:48 PM
What would be a respectable performance for Errani? I'd say she would have nothing to be ashamed of with a 6-4 6-3 loss.

Sammo
Sep 7th, 2012, 10:35 PM

Like she did against Venus or Slava? :oh:

Kasey
Sep 7th, 2012, 10:49 PM

Yeah me too, it means 3/4 of this will turn into Serena's winners:angel:

Patrick345
Sep 7th, 2012, 10:50 PM
Brad Gilbert is so mean. Over/under is two games, four if she can play with Vinci. :lol:

spencercarlos
Sep 7th, 2012, 10:51 PM
MLXZNPzY_bg

Please, Serena was beating the likes of Ivanovic 64 64 then..

pigam
Sep 7th, 2012, 11:13 PM
I think I've never seen such a LAME crowd as the one during this match, so far :unsure:

moby
Sep 7th, 2012, 11:26 PM
Awful, as we all knew it would be.

Will Serena give her another pity game in this set?

FattyKid
Sep 7th, 2012, 11:34 PM
I've never seen anyone serve as slow as Sara does.