View Full Version : USO QF: [4] S.Williams defeats [12] Ivanovic 6-1 6-3

Sammo
Sep 6th, 2012, 12:19 AM
Highlights:

http://img404.imageshack.us/img404/6949/d841e07b6338452c50b9531.gif

Smitten
Sep 6th, 2012, 12:20 AM
http://u.cubeupload.com/Legend/mon.gif

A close match from beginning to end. I did not know who would win until MP.

joão.
Competitive for Serena standards :o

Kairi
Routine.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v232/korn0818/c3ed7b23.gifhttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/v232/korn0818/c3ed7b23.gifhttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/v232/korn0818/c3ed7b23.gif

Serenus Christ
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m9rfpbcNlc1qi1uh9o1_500.gif

Next.

guapogreg08
lol

young_gunner913
Sep 6th, 2012, 12:21 AM
LordRena :worship::worship::worship: Some great shots.

RenaSlam.
LOL. Expected result.

Sarin :hearts:

Bye, Ana. Too local for the QF stage of a major. You are lucky you had such a cake draw.

jasonbloom
Ana is just so horrible, can't serve, can't return, hit so many errors, even FH is so inconsistent

jefrilibra
:worship::worship::worship:

But enough with that fuckery in the 2nd set!

jameshazza
:spit:
Ana gave a good account of herself. Return/ground game of Serena's went a bit off in that second.

Please don't utterly rape Errani, there'll be time for that at the YEC. :tape:

guapogreg08
but @Serenus, I nearly died when I read "But Isha, many people believe, could have been the third Williams sister" in that article

Horizon
Amazing from Serena in the first.

Second should've been closer but.. ah well. Ana needed more first serves to be competitive.

Grats Rena and well done for a great tournament for Ana!

starin
http://i47.tinypic.com/2mze61.jpg

sxeraserhead
Sep 6th, 2012, 12:22 AM
This match was so close to actually being exciting. If only Ana served at 60% instead of 40% for most of the match and didn't make wild FH errors at the most inopportune moments. :o :rolleyes:

FattyKid
I expected at least 1 bagel from Serena :o

RenaSlam.
LOL. Expected result.

Bye, Ana. Too local for the QF stage of a major. You are lucky you had such a cake draw.

mdterp01
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m9uw14e07l1qcokc4o1_400.gif

GIRL BYE!!!!

Ana played better last year , but is supposedly "back"

LDF
Serena cannot afford these lapses of concentration in the next couple of rounds!

...oh who am I kidding :sobbing:

Sean.
Serena, just too good. :worship:

I'm actually happy with Ana, won 4 games, had a couple of chances in the 2nd set, fought to the end. But her serve is AWFUL, to think she used to have one of the best serves in the game, not it's just AWFUL. She needs to work on one or she'll never beat the big names again.

Dexter
Take this title, Serena. I'm sure she will. I'm not bother to watch the SFs, but I'm looking forward to watch that smackdown in the final whoever she plays.

Been good Open for Ana. :hug:

ExXotikal
Sep 6th, 2012, 12:23 AM
Yaassss!!!!

producer88
Sep 6th, 2012, 12:23 AM
Lmaaoooooo

Smitten
Sep 6th, 2012, 12:24 AM
I loved Counterpuncherena in this match. :hearts:

n1ko0
ana had chances in the 2nd set, shame it wasnt closer

Annie.
Who else but the Queen?! Keep it up!!

dencod16
Sep 6th, 2012, 12:25 AM
Really bothered by how different the tosses of Ivanovic in the first serve and second serve, the first serve she is throwing it too much in front of her and the second serve is perfect just up above her. Serena really let down on the return in the second serve.

swissmr
Sep 6th, 2012, 12:26 AM
If Ivanovic could serve like she used to before she lost the plot, she could have actually made this competitive :shrug:

Serena was awesome, definitely the massive favourite still.

sweetadri06
Great. Please keep it up for the semis. Congrats Ana for getting to QF. :)

Destiny
MEH Ana tried in the second set

tennisboi
Seriously it's just beyond easy and she isn't even playing great tennis

Pump-it-UP
http://i.imgur.com/QvTec.png

Lulu.
Serena. :)
Good luck in the next round.

Cajka
Ana :hug: Work on that serve and bulk up a bit ffs. :o

Congrats, Serena. Please play better against Vika, otherwise it could get tough.

VIKA?
Sep 6th, 2012, 12:27 AM
They should give Serena the title already.

JN
Dammit Ana!http://l.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/mesg/emoticons7/14.gif

Yes, Serena! http://l.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/mesg/emoticons7/113.gif

I'm confused. http://l.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/mesg/emoticons7/7.gif

Kairi
but @Serenus, I nearly died when I read "But Isha, many people believe, could have been the third Williams sister" in that article

If it weren't for her burger problem, she very well could've been.

brickhousesupporter
Whew....that was close.

DemWilliamsGulls
6-1 6-3 isn't arrow..thats a routine win man lol. So much for Ivanovic "revenge"...i'd stay quiet next time baby girl...lol Proud of you Serena!

Stonerpova
Sep 6th, 2012, 12:28 AM
Serena :yeah:
Ana :hug:

T_P
Sep 6th, 2012, 12:28 AM
Ivanovic still sucks.

I hope Errani can win a game :hug:

Cp6uja
Sep 6th, 2012, 12:29 AM
Ana played better than result shows, but not much better.

Simple at 6-1 3-1 hers 1st serve in percentage is just 38% and match is already over. When her serve percentage rise in rest of the match she shows that even in this shape she can be much competitive vs GOATrena.

Thanks to foot injury and no preparations, Ana played one of hers worst US Open in terms of game quality - but this time she can't face Serena (twice), Venus or Kim before QF, so she reach hers first QF in New York.

cehowardrx7
Truly amazing how Serena honed herself into shape, and raised her game at her age. IMO, she is playing better now than she ever played. She is serving better than she ever served. All this at 30 years old!!

All I can say, it is real bad time for Serena Haters, real bad!!;)

Vespertine69
I only saw from 2-3 in the second set, but the end of the match was competitive at least. Serena was not in top gear, but Ivanovic had chances to get herself back into the set. Could have been interesting if Ana was in a more confident mood.

NashaMasha
Sep 6th, 2012, 12:30 AM
Ivanovic still sucks.

I hope Errani can win a game point :hug:

fixed

SilverSlam
Sep 6th, 2012, 12:30 AM
Ana :hearts: You almost won as many games as all the other girls in my sig during the Olympics combined :oh:

Serena :bowdown: Truly too good.

LindsayRulz
Sep 6th, 2012, 12:31 AM
Much closer scoreline than expected.

Gdsimmons
Sep 6th, 2012, 12:32 AM
http://i.imgur.com/ZSPot.gif

Serena just get that damn title !

Cajka
Simple at 6-1 3-1 hers 1st serve in percentage is just 38% and match is already over.

With that 1st serve % you can only beat Svitolina, I guess. And some of those UEs were laughable.

shoryuken

people said the same thing last year so stop it :o

Battiv
Ana played better than result shows, but not much better.

Simple at 6-1 3-1 hers 1st serve in percentage is just 38% and match is already over. When her serve percentage rise in rest of the match she shows that even in this shape she can be much competitive vs GOATrena.

Thanks to foot injury and no preparations, Ana played one of hers worst US Open in terms of game quality - but this time she can't face Serena (twice), Venus or Kim before QF, so she reach hers first QF in New York.

What are you saying? Ana has played a very amusing tennis in this USO.
Big tournament for her.

V-MAC
Sep 6th, 2012, 12:33 AM
Loved Chanda Rubin managing to squeeze into her commentary her amazing win over PeakRena in 2002:lol:

C. Drone
Sep 6th, 2012, 12:33 AM
Sloppy Lord, no bagels. :tears:

VIP wasnt really bad.

Rolling-Thunder
Sep 6th, 2012, 12:34 AM
Ana played pretty good in the second set. Serena played well. She got to a lot of great shots.

Serena did not need to bring her A game. She's hold that back.

Linguae^
Sep 6th, 2012, 12:34 AM
LOL. Expected result.

Bye, Ana. Too local for the QF stage of a major. You are lucky you had such a cake draw.Why so negative? :cool:
And to those who said Ana had played better last year - you're utterly wrong, last year Serena was half of today. :)

Battiv
Sep 6th, 2012, 12:35 AM
With that 1st serve % you can only beat Svitolina, I guess. And some of those UEs were laughable.

No, number of UEs is normal: she had to rescue, because if she doesn't hit long, Serena destroys. This couldn't be the match to make the pusher.

RVD
Sep 6th, 2012, 12:38 AM
Truly amazing how Serena honed herself into shape, and raised her game at her age. IMO, she is playing better now than she ever played. She is serving better than she ever served. All this at 30 years old!!

All I can say, it is real bad time for Serena Haters, real bad!!;)This is what I've been saying, but few seem to agree.

She's playing far more controlled.
Her 1st & 2nd serve percentages are way up.
Her UEs percentages are way down.
Her ground game is more consistent.
Even her foot-work has improved.
And her ROS is stellar.

The only thing in my mind that could use some improvement is her net game. She's still a bit heavy-handed in that area.

Anyway, nice win, Serena.
And way to hang, Ana.

mdterp01
Sep 6th, 2012, 12:38 AM

That's what many said last year and Serena got blasted by Mugsur :rolleyes:

cehowardrx7
Sep 6th, 2012, 12:39 AM
people said the same thing last year so stop it :o

That is a prayer from viki-goat disquised as a compliment!! :)

Bijoux0021
Sep 6th, 2012, 12:39 AM
Loved Chanda Rubin managing to squeeze into her commentary her amazing win over PeakRena in 2002:lol:
Something to tell her children and grandchildren.

Cajka
Sep 6th, 2012, 12:41 AM
No, number of UEs is normal: she had to rescue, because if she doesn't hit long, Serena destroys. This couldn't be the match to make the pusher.

I'm talking about few missed easy putaways and all of them came in crucial moments (huge surprise, I know).

Also, Ana's return on second serve was awful. Vika's won't be if she reaches the final. I hope Serena will play better.

winone23
Sep 6th, 2012, 12:43 AM
Congrats Serena!

swissmr
Sep 6th, 2012, 12:43 AM

:lol: That was gold. She tried to pass it off as a compliment to Serena by saying how she played her very best and Serena still almost beat her, but she blatantly just wanted to mention the fact that she'd won against her :lol:

Bijoux0021
Sep 6th, 2012, 12:46 AM
:lol: That was gold. She tried to pass it off as a compliment to Serena by saying how she played her very best and Serena still almost beat her, but she blatantly just wanted to mention the fact that she'd won against her :lol:
Her biggest accomplishment in her tennis career.

NashaMasha
Sep 6th, 2012, 12:46 AM
That's what many said last year and Serena got blasted by Mugsur :rolleyes:
Mugsur had a big serve , Azarenka has no serve , Sharapova has erratic serve

That's why Serena should be given a trophy just after Kerber's loss

tennisbum79
Sep 6th, 2012, 12:47 AM
Narrowly?
6 - 1. 6 -3 score?

ANd 2 breaks in each set

dragonflies
Sep 6th, 2012, 12:48 AM
Ana played a bit worse comparing to her level in the previous matches. Still, a good Slam for her, got into the US Open QF for the first time. She got back some stings in her shots lately, but can still improve on her power and shot's accuracy. Good luck for the next tournaments, Ana. :hug:

Congrats Serena, onto your next match.

Chance
Sep 6th, 2012, 12:49 AM
Good job serena. I really like how Serena saved break points, but mentally this match did not phase Serena at all. Next match might be a lil tricky, but if Serena just relaxes it should be fine. Get to the final Serena!

dencod16
Sep 6th, 2012, 12:51 AM
Sad that Serena's straight games ended at 23 wanted it to be 24.

Ntosake
Sep 6th, 2012, 12:54 AM
Congrats Serena!

Ana:hug:

acetoace
Sep 6th, 2012, 12:54 AM

All I can say, it is real bad time for Serena Haters, real bad!!;)

Frankly, Serena is just totally unconventional in everything known to tennis. At almost 31, pundist, haters y adversaries once thought that by now, Rena would be declining particularly given all she's been through health wise. Not so fast! Rather, Serena just lunched a new phase in her tennis career.....playing better, smarter tennis than she ever did in the past.

Let's hope she continues to be focused.

volta
Sep 6th, 2012, 12:56 AM
Win it all :hearts:

The 2nd Law
Sep 6th, 2012, 12:56 AM
Serena :worship: please play better in the next 2 matches, I want you to win another USO and I think Azarenka would have won that second set if it were her today.

Ana :hugs: It was a big improvement from the Vika match :lol: She let Serena's incredible level from the first set get to her though, I feel she could have at least taken that second set to a tb. Oh well, first USO qf coming off a double bagel in Montreal is more than I would have asked for. Please make some good results in Asia, Moscow and the FC final. I would love her to play one of Linz/Luxembourg (or both) as well.

dragonflies
Sep 6th, 2012, 12:59 AM
Mugsur had a big serve , Azarenka has no serve , Sharapova has erratic serve

That's why Serena should be given a trophy just after Kerber's loss

Some people overrated Kerber's chances against Serena, just like Woz after Miami. The point is Serena is more focus on Slams than regular warm up tournies and she usually success in revenge to players that beat her earlier ( except Justine in her prime year and Capriati in Serena's teen years). So if Kerber made it to QF, her chance to beat Serena will be very slim. Maria, and especially Vika have much better chance to beat Serena than Kerber does because at least they have better games, therefore less depend on Serena's form.

Chance
Sep 6th, 2012, 01:03 AM
Some people overrated Kerber's chances against Serena, just like Woz after Miami. The point is Serena is more focus on Slams than regular warm up tournies and she usually success in revenge to players that beat her earlier ( except Justine in her prime year and Capriati in Serena's teen years). So if Kerber made it to QF, her chance to beat Serena will be very slim. Maria, and especially Vika have much better chance to beat Serena than Kerber does because at least they have better games, therefore less depend on Serena's form.

Kerber moves so much better than Sharpy and Azarenka, points would have last longer against her. but yes mentally, Serena is definitely a different players at the slams. Shame we didn't get to see a Serena and Kerber match, I wanted to see Serena get her revenge :( and avenge Venus's loss!

JN
Sep 6th, 2012, 01:07 AM
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m9uw14e07l1qcokc4o1_400.gif

GIRL BYE!!!!

Ana played better last year , but is supposedly "back"

:lol: I was waiting for someone to use that in a gif.

JN
Sep 6th, 2012, 01:13 AM

Her biggest accomplishment in her tennis career.

Alright now, y'all gettin' a bit too comfortable. http://l.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/mesg/emoticons7/68.gif

SerenaMJ
Sep 6th, 2012, 01:21 AM
Serena was giving away everything in that second set. LOL
But the first set was flawless! Go Serena!

manu32
Sep 6th, 2012, 01:21 AM
4 games for Ivanovic,really Serena? lol

debopero
Sep 6th, 2012, 01:23 AM
Serena :D !

SELVEN
Sep 6th, 2012, 01:23 AM
Ana played not bad, It's still a brilliant tournament for her.

serenaforever
Sep 6th, 2012, 01:24 AM
http://img713.imageshack.us/img713/7696/42999778.gif

danieln1
Sep 6th, 2012, 01:29 AM
Ana NEVER get ANY bagels from Serena.... unlike some other players :oh:

donellcarey
Sep 6th, 2012, 01:46 AM
http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m9uydnoZKD1rnmwo5.gif

NEXT.

mdterp01
Sep 6th, 2012, 01:49 AM
http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m9uydnoZKD1rnmwo5.gif

NEXT.

:spit::hysteric::sobbing: what in the....is that mess??!! I can't!!

cehowardrx7
Sep 6th, 2012, 02:00 AM

I would go a step further and say except for those badly timed UEs, she play dam well. She even returned a slam for a winner. Serena was overpowering with her serve. On one game, I think she banged 4 service winners, 3 aces and a service winner!! dam!!

gmokb
Sep 6th, 2012, 02:02 AM
WHERE IS THE BAGEL:crying2: WHERE IS THE BAGEL:sobbing:

MrProdigy555
Sep 6th, 2012, 02:09 AM
Ana played a bit worse comparing to her level in the previous matches. Still, a good Slam for her, got into the US Open QF for the first time. She got back some stings in her shots lately, but can still improve on her power and shot's accuracy. Good luck for the next tournaments, Ana. :hug:

Congrats Serena, onto your next match.
You really trying to say she played worse than that match against Sloane?! Ch.

Svetlana)))
Sep 6th, 2012, 02:24 AM
Ana sucks. Next.

Bounty Hunter
Sep 6th, 2012, 02:49 AM
I thought Ana played well in 2nd.

Well done Serena... two more to go... :bounce::bounce:

thegreendestiny
Sep 6th, 2012, 02:54 AM
This shows where Ana really is. She finally gets to a slam QF beating a bunch of scrubs only to have her behind handed down by real top players.

égalité
Sep 6th, 2012, 03:04 AM
Revengeovic :hearts:

Was hoping for another 6-0 6-0 loss to Vinci in the semifinals. :tears:

tennisbum79
Sep 6th, 2012, 04:50 AM
Ana's fans are so forgiving, compliant, so easily satisfied, ever lowering the standards for the former #1.

I remember a tournament last year, where say with pride , satisfaction and that disarming smile of hers " it is not like Serena blew me off court ..."

burn
Sep 6th, 2012, 05:25 AM
Rena :)

Becool
Sep 6th, 2012, 05:37 AM
Keep going Rens! <3

Libertango
Sep 6th, 2012, 06:18 AM
:D

Keep it up!

JAS_
Sep 6th, 2012, 06:58 AM
Ana's fans are so forgiving, compliant, so easily satisfied, ever lowering the standards for the former #1.

I remember a tournament last year, where say with pride , satisfaction and that disarming smile of hers " it is not like Serena blew me off court ..."

You noticed this, too?
I sometimes think Ana fans on this board are but haters posing as fans.
I mean, is faith in your fave's ability an element of fandom or...? No other fanbase is like this. And yet they even get accused of being delusional. Go figure...I swear to God I am confused. :confused:
Anyhoo...

A professional tennis player beat a dilettante.
What else is new? :shrug:

Stamp Paid
Sep 6th, 2012, 06:58 AM
You should have double bageled her Queen! :hearts:

Yashal
Sep 6th, 2012, 07:19 AM
LOL, revenge not found! Bye Ana :wavey:
Next!

Drake1980
Sep 6th, 2012, 07:30 AM
:bounce: :hearts:

The Witch-king
Sep 6th, 2012, 07:31 AM
Chile...

Mr.Sharapova
Sep 6th, 2012, 07:50 AM
Revenge :tape: Yeah right http://i931.photobucket.com/albums/ad151/Milot_Sheremeti/strut.gif

Joelina
Sep 6th, 2012, 07:58 AM
LOL. Expected result.

you are so stupid, Serena has also a cake draw

améliemomo
Sep 6th, 2012, 08:07 AM
it is always better than what pova got at OG finale:oh:

at least she won 4 games.:p

skanky~skanketta
Sep 6th, 2012, 08:08 AM
Except, it's not secret that Serena does not NEED a cake draw to go far. Ana clearly does.

azdaja
Sep 6th, 2012, 08:38 AM
i'm sorry but this isn't true. at no point in ana's career would losing to serena be considered a bad loss and ana has naver reached the qf of uso before. there are reasons to be positive about this tournament. ana gets plenty of criticism from her fans but not in gm.

i am far from satisfied but i'm also realistic, this was expected.

Juju Nostalgique
Sep 6th, 2012, 08:44 AM
BOMBSHELL Sammo? :hysteric: :hysteric: :hysteric: :hysteric: :hysteric: :hysteric: :hysteric: :hysteric: :hysteric:

flareon
Sep 6th, 2012, 08:58 AM
:eek: I thought it would be so much closer :spit:

Ana :hug: still a great tournament :)

Halepsova
Sep 6th, 2012, 09:13 AM
Serena really lost out there. She didn't know how to win 12 straight games. She just can't. :awww: :sobbing:

Ana is such a fighter. :worship:

toxina90
Sep 6th, 2012, 09:36 AM
Surprise. Girl could never compete with the best like her compatriot :shrug:

ivanban
Sep 6th, 2012, 10:55 AM
Anči not beating a single top 40 player en route to quarter final, your favs could never :hearts:

jj74
Sep 6th, 2012, 10:58 AM
There are times where it's better to keep your mouth shut.
Ana never was a match against Serena, not even in her good times, so nothing surprising here

Linguae^
Sep 6th, 2012, 11:40 AM
Who cares about Caroline being too local to even win a match? :confused:
This is not a bombshell and the title is coming from a hater who should get a life. :oh:

rucolo
Sep 6th, 2012, 01:04 PM
Very strong performance, Serena ! :hearts: :bowdown:

High-quality match. Ivanovic played great too. But Serena was simply too strong :worship:

Stunning. Definitely Serena`s best match so far at this US Open :yeah:

ElusiveChanteuse
Sep 6th, 2012, 01:16 PM
Rena :cheer:

tennisbum79
Sep 6th, 2012, 02:43 PM
i'm sorry but this isn't true. at no point in ana's career would losing to serena be considered a bad loss and ana has naver reached the qf of uso before. there are reasons to be positive about this tournament. ana gets plenty of criticism from her fans but not in gm.

i am far from satisfied but i'm also realistic, this was expected.
This is not just about losing to Serena, there is a history after each loss, of Ana saying "I am on the right track", "my game is coming along," "my team and I are making progress", and the doozy, "it is not like Serena blew me off the court!!!" etc...
And the sentiments expressed by her fans have echoed the same.

azdaja
Sep 6th, 2012, 03:54 PM
This is not just about losing to Serena, there is a history after each loss, of Ana saying "I am on the right track", "my game is coming along," "my team and I are making progress", and the doozy, "it is no like Serena blew me off the court!!!" etc...
ana always says the same things before and after a match (which is why reactions of some people on the "revenge" thread were plainly stupid. fans don't react in the same way but few will post very negative reactions in gm. you have haters for that. and this tournament was actually really positive for a change.

Serenita
Sep 6th, 2012, 03:59 PM
:cheer:Serena :cheer:

JAS_
Sep 6th, 2012, 04:44 PM
This is not just about losing to Serena, there is a history after each loss, of Ana saying "I am on the right track", "my game is coming along," "my team and I are making progress", and the doozy, "it is no like Serena blew me off the court!!!" etc...

Precisely.

ana always says the same things before and after a match (which is why reactions of some people on the "revenge" thread were plainly stupid. fans don't react in the same way but few will post very negative reactions in gm. you have haters for that. and this tournament was actually really positive for a change.

As if the comments in Anapolis are any different. They only prove tennisbum's point even more. The comments before the match are all like : please don't get double bageled.
If that's not compliance I don't know what is.
Certainly if I were Ana's coach I would never want her to read any of that shit (despite the fact that some of the people probably know more about Ana's game than she does; sometimes a little bit of faith is worth tenfold all the knowledge and information put together)
If you are pretending to be competing at all you should NEVER EVER think like that.
(It is another story alltogether what you sould say in public).

azdaja
Sep 6th, 2012, 05:45 PM
As if the comments in Anapolis are any different. They only prove tennisbum's point even more. The comments before the match are all like : please don't get double bageled.
If that's not compliance I don't know what is.
Certainly if I were Ana's coach I would never want her to read any of that shit (despite the fact that some of the people probably know more about Ana's game than she does; sometimes a little bit of faith is worth tenfold all the knowledge and information put together)
If you are pretending to be competing at all you should NEVER EVER think like that.
(It is another story alltogether what you sould say in public).
and what's wrong with being realistic? expectations (or should i say hopes) are not really low, quite the opposite i'd say. people still believe. or they wouldn't be there in the first place. so, expectations are not going down. however, it is ana and not her fans that will have to deliver :shrug:

JAS_
Sep 6th, 2012, 06:15 PM
and what's wrong with being realistic? expectations (or should i say hopes) are not really low, quite the opposite i'd say. people still believe. or they wouldn't be there in the first place. so, expectations are not going down. however, it is ana and not her fans that will have to deliver :shrug:

If hoping that Arvidsson is feeling generous and plays poorly so Ana can beat her is being realistic and hopeful and thinking favorably of Ana, then yeah, Ana's fans are realistic and hopeful. :lol:

And it's too bad that apparently Ana fans will be the last ones to observe the influence and correlation b/w what's written on this board and how players are treated and in turn act.

Besides, if Masha were realistic when she was playing Serena back in 2004 (the famous "I thought I had a 50-50 chance -win or lose" - quote) she would never have won Wimby.
Champions (and the rest of us, too) need to dream. Realism is what you need BETWEEN the tournaments. With Ana it is the opposite. In between the tournos she believes she can have everything click without adequate preparation (dreaming), and then when matches come, she is striving for bare minimum - not to get embarassed.
Fine, she did so. It's her new realism. Celebrate the QF. :ajde:

And tennisbum is not the first to observe some sort of similarity between a player and their fanbase. Sadly in Ana's case, the link is compliance.

Cajka
Sep 6th, 2012, 06:34 PM
If hoping that Arvidsson is feeling generous and plays poorly so Ana can beating her is being realistic and hopeful and thinking favorably of Ana, then yeah, Ana's fans are realistic and hopeful. :lol:

Since this is from my post, you apparently still think that I'm a hater in disguise.

Ana got double bageled by Vinci first, then she had a problem to break the serve of the weaponless teenager in R1. I'm sorry, after that it was hard to believe that she was gonna beat Sofia easily. Her form didn't look promising. Of course, my post about Sofia was a joke, because Sofia said that she didn't even know who was in her draw, so I wrote this:

If she doesn't care about the draw, she could really be a good friend and not even try to challenge her.

And I believed in Ana for a very long time, believe it or not, the positivity didn't help. In fact, she reached the QF when her fans almost gave up on her, after the match against Vinci.

JAS_
Sep 6th, 2012, 06:56 PM
Since this is from my post, you apparently still think that I'm a hater in disguise.

Ana got double bageled by Vinci first, then she had a problem to break the serve of the weaponless teenager in R1. I'm sorry, after that it was hard to believe that she was gonna beat Sofia easily. Her form didn't look promising. Of course, my post about Sofia was a joke, because Sofia said that she didn't even know who was in her draw, so I wrote this:

And I believed in Ana for a very long time, believe it or not, the positivity didn't help. In fact, she reached the QF when her fans almost gave up on her, after the match against Vinci.

To be honest I have no idea who said what, for this particular one I was convinced it was Izzy's. To me they are all pretty much alike. In fact azdaja and Linguae's posts are the only ones that stand out as the ones that have some belief and reflect stuff I would like to here if I were going out to compete.

To me, fandom without belief is a contradiction. Occasional, yes, constant lack of faith, no. Not really. It is then either fake or a habbit.
But maybe that's just me and my definition of fandom.
I know one thing though: if I were a coach of Ana's I would forbid her to read that forum. The last thing I would want her to read before going to compete is constant reminders of my lowest points and never being able to move on.
And conversely if I were a coach of Ana's opponent, I would advise her to read that forum before the match. It lays out all of Ana's weaknesses in bare light and strips her of any semblance of winner.

On the other hand, if there is material I would like to read, it's Serena's fans jabbering. They practically make her a goddess and immortal - as if she will play forever. That's not realism, mind you, but it is beneficial both for boosting her confidence as well as freaking mental weaklings out.

Of course Ana's fans like to present writing in a forum as consequential to the player's performance, but the correlation goes both ways.

C. Drone
Sep 6th, 2012, 07:00 PM
Anči not beating a single top 40 player en route to quarter final, your favs could never :hearts:

Kvitova made RG SF not beating a top60 player. :lol:

MrProdigy555
Sep 6th, 2012, 07:17 PM
Is Ivanihoe part of that cake mix? :drool:

jameshazza
Sep 6th, 2012, 07:21 PM
Is Ivanihoe part of that cake mix? :drool:

Undoubtedly.

18majors
Sep 6th, 2012, 08:09 PM
Ana played well, too bad she didn't win.

ivanban
Sep 6th, 2012, 08:17 PM
Kvitova made RG SF not beating a top60 player. :lol:

I should pick my favs more carefully :sobbing:

nadlinds
Sep 6th, 2012, 08:52 PM
Amazing win Serena. :)

Keep going. :bounce:

Chip.
Sep 6th, 2012, 08:54 PM

And that means that Ana didn't? :lol:

Kairi
Sep 6th, 2012, 08:55 PM
Ana played well, too bad for Maria she didn't win.

:awww:

MrProdigy555
Sep 6th, 2012, 09:37 PM
:lol: b-i-c-t-h!

Cajka
Sep 7th, 2012, 02:09 AM
To me, fandom without belief is a contradiction. Occasional, yes, constant lack of faith, no. Not really. It is then either fake or a habbit.

When you get used to disappointments, negativity becomes a habit. I think that posters who don't approve negativity in Ana's forum should post more often. Maybe that place is too dark, many posters have left, other posters are disappointed, maybe those who feel different should bring some positivity, if it's not forced positivity.

And if I was Ana's coach, I would forbid her reading opinions on Internet in general. Her coach could read some opinions, but Ana... Noooo!

Brad[le]y.
Sep 7th, 2012, 02:22 AM
Better luck next draw VIP.

azdaja
Sep 7th, 2012, 10:51 AM
I know one thing though: if I were a coach of Ana's I would forbid her to read that forum. The last thing I would want her to read before going to compete is constant reminders of my lowest points and never being able to move on.
And conversely if I were a coach of Ana's opponent, I would advise her to read that forum before the match. It lays out all of Ana's weaknesses in bare light and strips her of any semblance of winner.

On the other hand, if there is material I would like to read, it's Serena's fans jabbering. They practically make her a goddess and immortal - as if she will play forever. That's not realism, mind you, but it is beneficial both for boosting her confidence as well as freaking mental weaklings out.
i think every fanbase would be like that if their fave were like serena.

some fans like to analyse things to the extreme. it's kinda like when football fans discuss which players they would put in which position and which formation they would use. so, even when things are going well they won't be satisfied (ana won but this or that aspect of her game was not good etc). however, that's certainly not because expectations are low, quite the opposite.

i would agree that fear and negativity should have no place among ana fans when she is playing lesser players. she has been way too consistent against them for a year now. sure, she still can have a bad day and lose badly but that can happen even to the best. it doesn't matter that some aspects of her game didn't work in one match. she might be fine in the next one. i'm also sure ana would already be a top 10 player if she had a slightly different schedule. so, save worries for matches against top players.

Joelina
Sep 7th, 2012, 12:33 PM
Ana, you could do better :rolleyes:

Serena´s dress is amazing, love the colours, one of the best of USO definitely ;)

~Cherry*Blossom~
Sep 7th, 2012, 02:00 PM
Congrats Serena :yeah: Terrific win! Good luck in the next round :hug:

rucolo
Sep 7th, 2012, 02:46 PM
http://i.imgur.com/QvTec.png

:drool: