PDA

View Full Version : Just like in that movie - bank robbers strap explosives to manager

pov
Sep 5th, 2012, 10:40 PM
http://abcnews.go.com/US/los-angeles-bank-robbers-strap-bomb-kidnapped-bank/story?id=17161972

L.A. Bank Robbers Strap 'Bomb' to Manager, Order Her to Rob Bank
By CHRISTINA NG (@ChristinaNg27)
Sept. 5, 2012

Two masked criminals kidnapped a bank manager, strapped what they said were explosives to her stomach and ordered her to rob the bank, Los Angeles police said today.

The woman was allegedly abducted on Tuesday night and held overnight, according to ABC News' Los Angeles affiliate KABC. She was taken to the Bank of America where she worked around 8:30 a.m. today and instructed to rob it.

"A device was strapped to the woman's body," said Capt. Mike Parker of the Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department. "She was told that it was explosives and she was ordered to go into the bank, take out all the money. She did do that in fear for her life."

"While she was inside the bank, there were other employees present. She explained to them what was happening," Parker said. "She took the money out of the bank and threw it out the door to the bank robbers."

The ski mask wearing thieves fled with the money in a two-door car, possibly a white Kia, according to KABC.

[snip]
------------
I've seen this done in a movie or TV show anyone know which?

JN
Sep 5th, 2012, 11:20 PM
The hell with a movie, it happened before in real life.

Sammo
Sep 5th, 2012, 11:52 PM
Sounds like fun

Novichok
Sep 6th, 2012, 12:36 AM
I've seen this done in a movie or TV show anyone know which?

30 Minutes or Less.

Super Dave
Sep 6th, 2012, 12:32 PM
The hell with a movie, it happened before in real life.

Yep, and the ending wasn't happy.

edificio
Sep 7th, 2012, 05:09 PM
Am I the only suspicious of her?

Sammo
Sep 7th, 2012, 08:49 PM
Yep, and the ending wasn't happy.

That's why I prefer movies :help: