PDA

View Full Version : Sharapova : The queen of rain delay

tsmile789
Sep 5th, 2012, 08:42 PM
Like we've all seen quiet a few time this year, Maria is edging past her opponents in these rain delay matches. Remember the rome final against Li Na? And these two matches in New York. So how would the result be like if there were no rain delay?

SilverSlam
Sep 5th, 2012, 08:43 PM
Remember the 2010 Cincinnati final against Kim?

Or the match against Lisicki at Wimbledon?

It's two fold.

shaktincredible
Sep 5th, 2012, 08:46 PM
Sharapova's most famous rain delay win actually was her win against Davenport in Wimbledon 2004 SF :inlove:

the queen was born that day :oh:

and the most heartbreaking rain delay for Sharapova's career so far :

2010 RG 3R against Henin (she leads 2-0 in third set, rain delay, then lost 3-6) EDIT: it's darkness :oh:

2010 Cincy final against Kim (hold match point, rain delay, then lost the third set) :(

Halepsova
Sep 5th, 2012, 08:48 PM
It simply said she's nothing without a rain. :oh:

Excelscior
Sep 5th, 2012, 08:51 PM
Instead of Radionova, it's another Russian called Rain Delay Pova.

shaktincredible
It simply said she's nothing without a rain. :oh:

Yeah. she win Australian open, French Open, WImbledon, and US open ALL BECAUSE RAIN DELAY.

GENIUS POST.

Stonerpova
2010 RG 3R against Henin (she leads 2-0 in third set, rain delay, then lost 3-6)

The Henin match was delayed because of darkness wasn't it? Or was there also a rain delay?

And karma totally owes her after the 2010 Cincy nightmare.

Cosmic Voices
Sep 5th, 2012, 08:53 PM
Henin match was delayed because Justine ran out of bonjela in her kit bag

shaktincredible
Sep 5th, 2012, 08:54 PM
The Henin match was delayed because of darkness wasn't it? Or was there also a rain delay?

yeah it's darkness apparently.

i forgot the reason why it's delayed :lol:

Sombrerero loco
Sep 5th, 2012, 08:55 PM
raindelaypova is a lucky bitch :o

ShiftyFella
Sep 5th, 2012, 08:56 PM
She's for shure rain winning witch but Bartoli this time blew her opportunity herself:[

tejmeglekvár
Sep 5th, 2012, 08:56 PM
whatever you think. :lol:

tsmile789
Sep 5th, 2012, 09:01 PM
All the pova's fan are pressed by bringing the ugly truth...

tennisbum79
Sep 5th, 2012, 09:01 PM
Maybe Maria and her coaching staff have developped a coming-out-of-rain-delay strategy no other player-coach team have thought of yet

tejmeglekvár
Sep 5th, 2012, 09:03 PM

Maria fans pulling true receipts while you're just talking out of your sorry ass.

Cosmic Voices
Sep 5th, 2012, 09:04 PM

3 threads youve posted in I've seen such hatred :hysteric:

Hiko
Sep 5th, 2012, 09:07 PM
Like we've all seen quiet a few time this year, Maria is edging past her opponents in these rain delay matches. Remember the rome final against Li Na? And these two matches in New York. So how would the result be like if there were no rain delay?

What would the rest of the Titanic voyage have been like if it hadn't sunk?

Who cares? They happened.

It's not like a rain delay changes the scoring system.

joăo.
Sep 5th, 2012, 09:09 PM

This.

shaktincredible
Sep 5th, 2012, 09:10 PM
haters everywhere means Sharapova keep winning :hearts:

NashaMasha
Sep 5th, 2012, 09:28 PM
almost all rain delays help better players to reset their game ....

Nadal at FO was in great trouble in his Final , but Rain stopped Novak's breakthrough in that match. But to tell the truth Rafa is a much better player on clay and it wasn't a surprise that he would have benefited from this delay

acetoace
Sep 5th, 2012, 09:41 PM

Nadal at FO was in great trouble in his Final , but Rain stopped Novak's breakthrough in that match. But to tell the truth Rafa is a much better player on clay and it wasn't a surprise that he would have benefited from this delay

Complete BS! No rain delay from the firmament not even one from Jupiter y pluto together will save pova when the opponent is Serena or Vika. Rain or no rain, pova will be exposed for the mediocre player she is.:lol:

Pova luck is about to run out!!!

Charlatan
Sep 5th, 2012, 09:54 PM
She is The Queen of Everything, don't you know? :dance: bagels, breadsticks, rigged draws in her favor, conspiracy, and what not

NashaMasha
Sep 5th, 2012, 09:55 PM
Complete BS! No rain delay from the firmament not even one from Jupiter y pluto together will save pova when the opponent is Serena or Vika. Rain or no rain, pova will be exposed for the mediocre player she is.:lol:

Pova luck is about to run out!!!
you don't get what i mean.... Rain delay helps the better player from 2 ,,,,

For instance Lisicki was a better player on grass at Wimbledon and rain delay didn't hinder her win....

or Henin win her match being down 0-2 in the third , but made a comeback after the darkness delay

PS I don't know why Renafans are so pressed that even rooting for Vika? disappointed after checking Google Trends?

NashaP
Sep 5th, 2012, 09:56 PM

There is no ugly truth. Maria has both benefited and not benefited from the rain so....

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m5fca6z9FJ1qdjiw3.gif

kwilliams
Sep 5th, 2012, 09:57 PM
Henin match was delayed because Justine ran out of bonjela in her kit bag

:worship: :lol: Good rep for you. I love a good Justine "herpes simplex" Henin joke, especially if it mentions bonjela! It's mean but I can't help it.

LoveFifteen
Sep 5th, 2012, 09:58 PM
If "rain" causes you to lose a match, then you aren't a champion and you certainly don't deserve to put your hands on the trophy. STEP.

Ferg
Petrova would have choked anyway, rain delay or no. :shrug: I'd have been interested to see how the Bartoli match would have played out however.

dsanders06
haters everywhere means Sharapova keep winning :hearts:

I think this is the highest the irrational hate towards her has been since 2006....it's a sign :oh:

NashaMasha
Sep 5th, 2012, 10:16 PM
I will get it if someone was 40-30 /40-15 and MP in 2nd/3d set or leading with a break in 2nd/3d set like 5-3 and rain intervenes , really bad luck , but when you play 2 sets after the rain delay it's impossible not to agree with the following

If "rain" causes you to lose a match, then you aren't a champion and you certainly don't deserve to put your hands on the trophy. STEP.

Linguae^
Sep 5th, 2012, 10:35 PM
That Cincinnati final is kicking all those rain delays' wins in the ass. :lol:
But that win over Davenport saves her. :oh:

Mr.Sharapova
Sep 5th, 2012, 10:45 PM
Maria keeping the pressed souls pressed http://i931.photobucket.com/albums/ad151/Milot_Sheremeti/strut.gif

Hashim.
Sep 5th, 2012, 10:47 PM
I don't know why people keep bringing the Cincinnati match up. Maria had 3 championship points which she wasted with laughable errors before it. And it was deuce after the rain delay. She could have come back and just won the two points. She didn't and also her serve sucked in those days(df after df). Who would have known if she could have served it out then even without the rain delay.:shrug:
Plus iirc wasn't there a rain delay in the Wimbledon semi against Davenport before she came back to win.
All I am saying is it works both ways.:shrug:

And

This.

Halepsova
Sep 5th, 2012, 11:13 PM
If they are better, they wouldn't need the rain to reset the game. Almost rain delays create a fluke win. That's it.

pov
Sep 5th, 2012, 11:32 PM
:facepalm: No . more like all people with at least some common sense are pressed by your stupidity. It's one thing to talk about a rain delay playing a part in the Petrova match - where Petrova was up 2-0 in the final set. It's dumb to talk about it with the Bartoli match since Bartoli went ahead and won the set she was leading in yesterday. Plus technically a match pushed to another day is different than a rain delay. Either way, had Bartoli lost that first set then it would make sense to say postponement played a part.

gc-spurs
Sep 5th, 2012, 11:39 PM
If LuckyPova is using the rain delay to her advantage, what the hell are her opponents doing in that time? Being mentally weak is the answer. Maria's been there herself with that Cincy loss. Sure Kimothy was lucky, but she cant be discounted for Marias mental weakness.

acetoace
Sep 5th, 2012, 11:55 PM
you don't get what i mean.... Rain delay helps the better player from 2 ,,,,

For instance Lisicki was a better player on grass at Wimbledon and rain delay didn't hinder her win....

or Henin win her match being down 0-2 in the third , but made a comeback after the darkness delay

PS I don't know why Renafans are so pressed that even rooting for Vika? disappointed after checking Google Trends?

FYI, Vika is one of the players I support and have high hopes for after LordRena retires. I expect her to step in Rena shoes if she continues to improve as she has. She has what it takes and would have won more than 1slam if not for Rena.

Back on topic..... mine is about keeping it real. No sugar coating or slicing anything. Vika is no Bartoli or Petrova as ya'll will find out tomorrow.:lol:

LightWarrior
Sep 6th, 2012, 12:19 AM
None of her rain delays will beat Serena's against Hantuchova at '07 Wimbledon. The most dramatic rain delay ever imo.

NashaMasha
Sep 6th, 2012, 12:30 AM
If they are better, they wouldn't need the rain to reset the game. Almost rain delays create a fluke win. That's it.

Nadal had a fluke win at RG 2012 :lol: check the word retarded in your dictionary

tejmeglekvár
Sep 6th, 2012, 01:39 AM
[/B]

FYI, Vika is one of the players I support and have high hopes for after LordRena retires. I expect her to step in Rena shoes if she continues to improve as she has. She has what it takes and would have won more than 1slam if not for Rena.

Back on topic..... mine is about keeping it real. No sugar coating or slicing anything. Vika is no Bartoli or Petrova as ya'll will find out tomorrow.:lol:

There is no match tomorrow. But you can watch this.

jMRl-N0zHzw

Halepsova
Sep 6th, 2012, 10:08 AM
Nadal had a fluke win at RG 2012 :lol: check the word retarded in your dictionary

You just don't like my truth. :shrug:

Talula
Sep 6th, 2012, 10:54 AM

And that's all that needs to be said.

Lord Choc Ice
Sep 6th, 2012, 11:16 AM

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m9rxn66wix1rvr01vo1_400.gif

jrm
Sep 6th, 2012, 12:08 PM
no, others are weak coming from rain delay

Cajka
Sep 6th, 2012, 04:13 PM
Maybe Maria and her coaching staff have developped a coming-out-of-rain-delay strategy no other player-coach team have thought of yet

I think they can summon it when necessary.

Marcoo
Sep 6th, 2012, 04:19 PM
Yeah actually makes sense :D who knows