PDA

View Full Version : WWW: US Open 2012 SF: (1) Azarenka Vs (3) Sharapova

Charlatan
Sep 5th, 2012, 08:17 PM
http://oi45.tinypic.com/3166drq.jpg

I want a MATCH. Bring on it, ladies :armed:

Joe.
Sep 5th, 2012, 08:17 PM
Come on Maria! (although I'd be happy for Vika too :shrug:)

duhcity
Sep 5th, 2012, 08:18 PM
Vika in straights - 6-1 6-4

nfl46
Vika please kick this LUCKY (Mean offensive word) woman! SMH!

Vika in 2.

Hashim.
A 2 set win for Shrieka.:shrug:

Roookie
Sep 5th, 2012, 08:19 PM
The winner is POY

Tennis Fool
If Pova was taken to three by her turkey and a player outside of the Top 20, she has NO chances against Azarenka. I smell bagel.

Fighterpova
Vika 6-1 6-1.

killerqueen
Vika will probably end up as the Serena bait, though hopefully Maria can do well! :)

Joelina
Vika please kick this LUCKY (Mean offensive word) woman! SMH!

Vika in 2.

:rolleyes:

Patrick345
First SF encounter. :lol:

Should be a close match.

KournikovaFan91
Sep 5th, 2012, 08:20 PM
Vika should win easily but this is the WTA :shrug:

cellophane
Victoria, slay her please.

nfl46
:rolleyes:

Ah come on, you know Maria has gotten lucky!

tennisfan5
Sep 5th, 2012, 08:21 PM
Let the shrieks commence!

sxeraserhead
Azarenka hasn't been serving all that well so I could see the scoreline being somewhat close? But still 100% NID Azarenka win.

producer88
I think Vika will take it, but I hope it will be an EPIC match!

Gangstress
Vika will win and then lose 6-0 6-0 to Serena.

justineheninfan
Sep 5th, 2012, 08:22 PM
I have a hard time seeing any other outcome but Azarenka in 2 sets, with 1 set competitive at best.

Jimmie48
Sharapova will probably have at least two rain delays to aid her but not even that will help...Vika in straights :)

roguedandelion
On MTF they always call this hardcourt blueclay- it's funny how easily how Sharapova beat her on Clay after getting blown away on HC the last two times.

swissmr
I want Maria but sadly I think Vika takes this, she's been the better player this tournament. Wouldn't be surprised to see Maria win in 3 though. I just really hope it's close.

Hlavackova
Sep 5th, 2012, 08:23 PM
whoever wins loses 6-1 6-1 in the final

gc-spurs
Sep 5th, 2012, 08:23 PM
If Maria can only win if its a three setter, and that won't happen unless she takes the first.

duhcity
Sep 5th, 2012, 08:24 PM
On MTF they always call this hardcourt blueclay- it's funny how easily how Sharapova beat her on Clay after getting blown away on HC the last two times.

If anything, Indian Wells is slower, but correct me if I'm wrong - the balls bounce slightly higher here.

ShiftyFella
Vika in straights

saul1333
Wreck her.

roguedandelion
Vika will probably end up as the Serena bait, though hopefully Maria can do well! :)

Lol it will be the mother of all semi's, neither will want to win just to have Rena sit on them in the final.

Stamp Paid
Sep 5th, 2012, 08:25 PM
Vika smite this monster.

Stonerpova
Sep 5th, 2012, 08:26 PM
Revengepova in 3.

Feyd
Win-win match.
If you win, you go to the final.
If you lose, you escape humiliation in the final.

Cajka
whoever wins loses 6-1 6-1 in the final

your nick and this post... :sobbing:

By the way, Maria played a horrible match. Shrieka in 2, I guess. :sad:

maddogz48
Sharapova has been a lucky bitch this tournament.
Thankfully not even rain delays will save her from Azarenka kicking her ass in straight sets.

Go Aza!!!!

Excelscior
Sep 5th, 2012, 08:27 PM
Regardless of who ever you pick to win, bring the ear muffs and mute button. :eek: :unsure: :eek:

MaSharp
Sep 5th, 2012, 08:29 PM
I'm rooting for Sharapova but I think she'll be destroyed by Vika.

Hlavackova
Sep 5th, 2012, 08:29 PM
your nick and this post... :sobbing:

By the way, Maria played a horrible match. Shrieka in 2, I guess. :sad:

Andy was supposed to lose that badly :angel:

gc-spurs
Sep 5th, 2012, 08:31 PM
Lol it will be the mother of all semi's, neither will want to win just to have Rena sit on them in the final.

LOL. Out tanking?

GrandMartha
Sep 5th, 2012, 08:32 PM
so much hate :inlove:

Kon.
Sep 5th, 2012, 08:33 PM
Vika without much difficulty I guess.

I'd love to see a close, good quality match between the two but Maria isn't playing well enough to make it one.

roguedandelion
so much hate :inlove:

They hate her because she's beautiful. :hearts:

Feyd
LOL. Out tanking?

Chaky-Sveta v2.0 :rocker2:

jameshazza
Sep 5th, 2012, 08:34 PM
Honestly, I don't know why people are expecting Maria to lose so readily because 'her bitch took it to her' did you not see the Vika/Sam?

Anyway I'm hoping this is a really good one. Given Maria's mini-slumps in each match combined with Vika's serving it will more than likely go to three IMO.

Dexter
Sep 5th, 2012, 08:34 PM
The last 6 matches were so horribly one-sided and boring. I expect nothing different on Friday.

roguedandelion
Sep 5th, 2012, 08:36 PM
LOL. Out tanking?

Yep. They'll be more fake shrieking and shanks than normal. They one who accidentally makes it in the most will win/lose.

NashaMasha
Sep 5th, 2012, 08:37 PM
Maria is out of fuel , i feel lack of energy in her strikes and she is even shrieking less loud.

Azarenka is also not playing great here,sometimes messy and can be broken very easy..... but most probably quite enough to win SF ....

But still it can be raining in New York......

ExXotikal
Sep 5th, 2012, 08:40 PM
Vika in two. Maria seems out of gas and doesn't have enough room against Vika to prevail under such circumstances.

serendipitynow
Sep 5th, 2012, 08:44 PM
Maria in 2 :yeah:

Miracle Worker
Sep 5th, 2012, 08:45 PM
I want Maria to win, but then she will be destroy in final again :o Vika will have chance to win final against Serena and she's in good form and I think Maria will cry again after this match.

Vika in 2 sets something like 60 62. Marion would have more chance to win match against Vika, but she lost to Maria :o

18majors
Sep 5th, 2012, 08:45 PM
Maria will prevail, it won't be even close.

danieln1
Sep 5th, 2012, 08:47 PM
Azarenka in 2 easy sets 6-1 6-4 for a change :oh:

Macomere
Sep 5th, 2012, 08:51 PM
Thank you Marion for dragging her to three sets :hug::devil:..Vika in 2 :cheer:

HRHoliviasmith
Sep 5th, 2012, 08:56 PM
destroy her, Vika! :worship: she is not worthy. :mad:

Sombrerero loco
Sep 5th, 2012, 08:56 PM
vika kill her again please

Marcoo
Sep 5th, 2012, 08:58 PM
I hope Maria win, although Azarenka is playing really well right now and it's gonna be so hard for Sharapova. GO MARIA though :D

Cosmic Voices
Sep 5th, 2012, 08:59 PM
Voted for Masha as per :oh:
But being realistic and not assuming she'll get the win

I like both players tbh so just try your best girls and make this competitive after those stunning QF showings :cheer:

Patrick345
Sep 5th, 2012, 09:00 PM
I don´t know why anyone would think this is an easy match either way? The court speed is probably somewhere in the middle between Red Clay and the Aussie Open. Sharapova is playing better than at the Australian Open. Vika is playing better than at Stuttgart. So basically everything, including the form, points to this being a 50/50 match, where the better form and a few crucial points will decide the outcome. I slightly favour Sharapova, because I have been very impressed with her baseline hitting, but the question is what happens when Azarenka introduces a few more angles. Besides the serve, the forehand rallies will probably determine the outcome, especially Vika´s cc fh.

Maria Croft
Sep 5th, 2012, 09:00 PM
I can't see Maria winning this one, seeing what their Hard Court H2H looks like.
I just hope she can keep it somewhat close in both sets.

tejmeglekvár
Sep 5th, 2012, 09:01 PM
With that crap she is playing Extremely Injured doesnt stand a chance. Maria in 2.

JeMa
Sep 5th, 2012, 09:01 PM
Luckypova in 3

Marionated
Sep 5th, 2012, 09:02 PM
Maria's first serve looked great today, but then Marion is 5'6 and plays with both hands, thus I just don't see it being as effective in this match against a 6'0 player with arguably the best ROS on tour, and she really, really needs it to be.

Azarenka 6-3 6-3

Patrick345
Sep 5th, 2012, 09:05 PM
Win-win match.
If you win, you go to the final.
If you lose, you escape humiliation in the final.

I don´t know. I have this gut feeling that Serena will get upset before the final. I obviously have no logical explanation for it.:lol: It will also happen before Vika/Maria play. Then both will be nervous wrecks knowing they´d at least be 4 to 1 favourites for the final. :tape:

Yashal
Sep 5th, 2012, 09:07 PM
Hopefully Vika will avoid us watching an all American final, so send Mary to the bakery :devil:

GrandMartha
Sep 5th, 2012, 09:08 PM
I don´t know. I have this gut feeling that Serena will get upset before the final. I obviously have no logical explanation for it.:lol: It will also happen before Vika/Maria play. Then both will be nervous wrecks knowing they´d at least be 4 to 1 favourites for the final. :tape:

im Klartext: Serena wird gegen Ivanovic verlieren. Versuchst du es gerade, den Witz des Tages zu erzählen? Serena wird nicht mehr als 6 Games verlieren.

Charlatan
Sep 5th, 2012, 09:08 PM
Thank you Marion for dragging her to three sets :hug::devil:..Vika in 2 :cheer:

don't forget to change your flag into 'belarus' btw :bounce:

SilverSlam
Sep 5th, 2012, 09:09 PM
Well, I want Maria to win, but I don't for a second believe that'll happen.

Macomere
Sep 5th, 2012, 09:09 PM
I don´t know. I have this gut feeling hope that Serena will get upset before the final. I obviously have no logical explanation for it.:lol: It will also happen before Vika/Maria play. Then both will be nervous wrecks knowing they´d at least be 4 to 1 favourites for the final. :tape:

fixed.

Macomere
Sep 5th, 2012, 09:10 PM
don't forget to change your flag into 'belarus' btw :bounce:

don't forget to stalk SerenaSlam like a typical Mashabator, or you might miss it :wavey:

joăo.
Sep 5th, 2012, 09:10 PM
Ugh :hysteric:

StoneRose
Sep 5th, 2012, 09:11 PM
Vika, i expect it to be closer this time than in their earlier HC meetings this year.

Charlatan
Sep 5th, 2012, 09:11 PM
don't forget to STALK SerenaSlam or you might miss it :wavey:

says a person stalking masha's fans' twitter and the forum :hysteric:

misty1
Sep 5th, 2012, 09:13 PM
vika will annihalate her just like she has every time they have met on hard courts this year

this wont even be close, something like 6-1, 6-2 for azarenka

Patrick345
Sep 5th, 2012, 09:15 PM
fixed.

Some of you people are really like five year olds.

Of course I hope Serena loses. I hope every top player, that I´m not a fan of loses. :lol: I hope to see my six or seven favs and 57 Govortsova´s in the second round of every Slam. That goes without saying and doesn´t mean I hate or dislike Serena or Sharapova. It actually means the opposite. I respect their skill.

But that has nothing to do with it. Its just a gut feeling. I won´t take credit for it, if it happens. And not apologize, if it doesn´t.

Sammo
Sep 5th, 2012, 09:17 PM
Marshallpova in 3

RenaSlam.
Vika comes in as the favorite since she owns Maria on hardcourts. We'll see though.

Jimmie48
Some of you people are really like five year olds.

Says the guy whose standard response to any of my postings is to bring up Caro ;)

flareon
Sep 5th, 2012, 09:18 PM
I want three sets...

Jane Lane
Sep 5th, 2012, 09:22 PM
Slay her Vika. :cheer:

dsanders06
Sep 5th, 2012, 09:31 PM
Honestly, I don't know why people are expecting Maria to lose so readily because 'her bitch took it to her' did you not see the Vika/Sam?

Don't be silly, GM posters can't remember anything that happened more than 24 hours ago.

Maria absolutely NEEDS to use the width of the court in this match. Too often in the past couple of years, and especially in her matches against Azarenka in Australia and Indian Wells, she's had a tendency to just bash right onto the middle of the baseline - which isn't going to work against Vika because she has such good reaction times and footwork that she's able to flick back anything you hit right to her no matter how powerfully you hit it. But, her raw footspeed still isn't that great, and that means if Maria hits side-to-side and moves Vika round the court like in Stuttgart (a match which Maria would've won no matter what the surface, seeing as she was playing fastcourt-style tennis in that match anyway rather than the Claypova grinding we saw in Rome and RG), she is capable of dictating this match-up (she actually started to do this even in their Indian Wells match towards the very end, but didn't have the consistency/confidence to execute it all the way). Also definitely important to hit down-the-line on returns and put Vika's serve under as much pressure as Maria's will be under. Also she needs to move in and take short balls out of the air, and definitely serve as well as she did in the 2nd and 3rd sets today.

If she does all that, this match is on Maria's racquet, but anything less than 100% won't be good enough. Going with Maria in 3.

Also, extra motivation for Maria: if she wins this, Serena will be the only active player with a positive head-to-head against Maria (excluding players who she only met once like Oudin and Date-Krumm).

Mistress of Evil
Sep 5th, 2012, 09:31 PM
Maria had more of a chance in Melbourne. On a US hard court Azarenka has a huge advantage against Pova circa 2012.

Unfortunately, the Siberian Supremacy will not be enough to save Pova. No rain can save her, not even if every WTA official does everything in their power. It still will not be enough, after all she is up against The Falsetto Nightingale and voodoo doesn't work on evil soulless demons.

Break My Rapture
Sep 5th, 2012, 09:33 PM
Expecting like a 7-5 7-5 scoreline, I think with the W next to Vika's name. Maria was quite unimpressive at the start against Bartoli and in pretty much the entire match against Petrova, while I'm sure Azarenka's struggle from hell with Stosur will have helped her get battle born. Fairly convinced Vika will step it up a notch tomorrow while Maria could get stuck in a bad start again, and that's not ideal against someone like Azarenka who can bulldoze her way through sets in no time, despite having not much of a serve.

Setsuna.
Sep 5th, 2012, 09:34 PM
Dull match-up. :zzz:

justineheninfan
Sep 5th, 2012, 09:38 PM
It will be interesting if this is the 2nd semi. If Serena is in the 1st semi and wins (duh) you have to wonder if both players will even want to win that much. Especialy Sharapova. I think Azarenka can pysch herself up to think she has a tiny shot vs Serena. Maria knows full well she has ZERO chance of beating Serena in the final, and practically zero of winning more than 5 games or so. Even for a fighter like Maria it is hard to get that fired up to fight to win a match just to face a certain mauling and humiliation even you yourself know is coming in the final.

Talula
Sep 5th, 2012, 09:40 PM
There's only 2 years difference in age but look at what Maria has done since 2004! She could have another 6-8 years in her! It feels she's been around forever and Vika a newbie but Maria is nearly as young!

Who wins? I will be happy for whoever plays best as they both have my full respect winning their quarters the way they did.

Mary Cherry.
Sep 5th, 2012, 09:42 PM
Depends if there's a rain delay or not.

Talula
Sep 5th, 2012, 09:42 PM
Dull match-up. :zzz:

:eek::silly: this is what it's about: No 1 against No 3; 2 slam champs both this year. It's as good as it can get!

NashaMasha
Sep 5th, 2012, 09:48 PM
It will be interesting if this is the 2nd semi. If Serena is in the 1st semi and wins (duh) you have to wonder if both players will even want to win that much. Especialy Sharapova. I think Azarenka can pysch herself up to think she has a tiny shot vs Serena. Maria knows full well she has ZERO chance of beating Serena in the final, and practically zero of winning more than 5 games or so. Even for a fighter like Maria it is hard to get that fired up to fight to win a match just to face a certain mauling and humiliation even you yourself know is coming in the final.

Maria never cares about her next match , Azarenka cares much about her ranking, so even beatdown in Final won't disappoint her much

What is more, who will refuse to earn several hundreds of USD more?

perseus2006
Sep 5th, 2012, 09:53 PM
Pova will beat Vika, of that there can be no doubt.

Then she will defeat Errani in the Final! It's happened before, it can happen again...

swissmr
Sep 5th, 2012, 09:55 PM
Imagine 2 Sharapova - Errani Slam finals in one year :hysteric:

Pretty sure Errani will be destroyed by Serena.

*Jool*
Sep 5th, 2012, 09:58 PM
Vika in 2 :sobbing:

NashaP
Sep 5th, 2012, 10:00 PM
Will be interesting. I want to see if Maria has improved on hardcourts or not and this match will tell many signs

tkutsaar
Sep 5th, 2012, 10:21 PM
If it wasn’t for that last match in Germany, you would have to say based on this year’s results that Maria would not have a chance. Upon further consideration you would note that Maria offered no competition to Vika on hardcourts, and the Stuttgart match was on clay. Ergo Maria has no chance after all.

Maddox
Sep 5th, 2012, 10:27 PM
I'm going with Vika in straights

VIKA?
Sep 5th, 2012, 10:36 PM
I think Maria is taking this in three sets:tears:

bandabou
Sep 5th, 2012, 10:37 PM
Maria's gonna have to bring a more risky game or she's gonna be toast. Maria was playing an odd game today and a player who can move better would've won this match today.

Mr.Sharapova
Sep 5th, 2012, 10:43 PM
If Pova was taken to three by her turkey and a player outside of the Top 20, she has NO chances against Azarenka. I smell bagel.

:lol: The same thing can be said to Azarenka don't you think? Taken to 7-6 in the third by Stosur :yeah:.

Mr.Sharapova
Sep 5th, 2012, 10:44 PM
I believe in Maria so I'm gonna say Maria in three.

Raiden
Sep 5th, 2012, 10:44 PM
On MTF they always call this hardcourt blueclay- it's funny how easily how Sharapova beat her on Clay...Yes, USO-2012 is supposedly "blue clay" but that's relevant just to the ball--surface relationship (not so much w/ regard to the foot--surface aspect, which is Vika's problem on clay)

swissmr
Sep 5th, 2012, 10:47 PM
I don't get this blue clay thing at all, I don't think the USO surface is slow? :confused:

ptkten
Sep 5th, 2012, 10:56 PM
Come on, the U.S. Open surface isn't that slow :lol:

It's faster than Indian Wells and Miami and likely the Australian Open too. Plus, Vika thrives on the slower hardcourts. As someone else said, the problem with Vika on clay is her movement not the speed of the court.

Raiden
Sep 5th, 2012, 11:08 PM
^ USO = "blue clay" cause according to some players it's slower than Madrid :shrug:

Julian.
Sep 5th, 2012, 11:25 PM
Please Queen Victoria, have mercy on poor Masha :sobbing: At least be generous :sobbing:

hankqq
Sep 5th, 2012, 11:28 PM
at least it's not a final this time :o :lol: Fortunately only 1 will reach the final. Obviously Azarenka is the favorite based on their hardcourt match history...

nelsondan
Sep 5th, 2012, 11:29 PM
I think Maria has made two intentional choices this year regarding her weight. 1.Play 5-7 pounds less during March, april and May. 2.regain those pounds and maybe a couple more after her stomach virus. I think she feels the need for them against Vika and Selena. If she makes it to a third set, I think it will pay off.

misty1
Sep 5th, 2012, 11:47 PM
Imagine 2 Sharapova - Errani Slam finals in one year :hysteric:

Pretty sure Errani will be destroyed by Serena.

serena will eat those powder puff serves of errani's for breakfast

Craig.
Sep 5th, 2012, 11:49 PM
Don't be silly, GM posters can't remember anything that happened more than 24 hours ago.

This :lol:

ElusiveChanteuse
Sep 6th, 2012, 12:15 AM
Vika better bring it.

CanIGetAWhat
Sep 6th, 2012, 12:17 AM
A Maria v. Serena final is INEVITABLE. :devil:

tennis-insomniac
Sep 6th, 2012, 12:22 AM
Vika has been a very dangerous player on HC and the stats agree. I hope Maria can make it most competitive, I'll go with Vika in two sets.

supergrunt
Sep 6th, 2012, 12:32 AM
Since there's so much bad blood and shade between these two it should be a good match

Chance
Sep 6th, 2012, 03:01 AM
this match is intriguing. I don't really like either player, but i don't like Sharpy being Azarenka's bitch lol. I still don't understand why their matches aren't more competitive.

I hope the match goes to three sets.. but the thing is i want a Serena vs Azarenka final.

Vikapower
Sep 6th, 2012, 03:16 AM
Mmmm, didn't see any of matches but it would be an easy tendency to follow the trend of their HC matches and say Victoria in two easy sets but I feel the first set will be tight and the second will be the total inverse, probably something like 7-5/7-6 6-1/0 --

It's hard to see anything than Victoria not winning this -- Victoria's extreme solidity, her relentlessness, her faculty to take the ball on the rise time and time again and rush/put in difficult situations with amazing consistency etc. etc. versus Maria's erratic (level) unforced infested game and slow-footwork/movement plus if she's additionally flat/tired tells who's gonna struggle the most out there.

While Victoria wasn't "bad" (in the full sense) against Stosur (only needs to correct these lapses, chokes... she had after a flawless first set) which anyways for spectacle rendered a very high quality encounter, Maria she has been in two consecutive matches --

Interestingly, Victoria has not particularly delivered her very best HC matches against her (only certainly except Australian Open) even in these easy beat-downs. Both Miami and IW she had negative W/UE differential and her risky game wasn't particularly good, in Stanford can't remember but if Victoria does then this should be a no-contest easy beat-down/demonstration. Even not playing particularly well or average in some/many of these matches she's won with ease so she does have a huge margin.

SELVEN
Sep 6th, 2012, 03:23 AM
Azarenka 6-0 0-6 7-6 def. Sharapova
Then gets slaughter by You Know Who.

Tennisation
Sep 6th, 2012, 03:29 AM
Azarenka 6-0 0-6 7-6 def. Sharapova
Then gets slaughter by You Know Who.I think you're underestimating Vika's chance against Errani

Temperenka
Sep 6th, 2012, 03:53 AM
It'll be closer than their previous few hard court meetings. Anything can happen- but I see Vika coming through in 2 tight sets...

:scared:

Stonerpova
Sep 6th, 2012, 04:25 AM
Just fight Maria. I'd rather her get spanked by Serena than by Azarenka.

VeeJJ
Sep 6th, 2012, 04:29 AM
Vika in 2 no contest.

That said.... what were we all saying about the AO SF between Martha and Petra......

andyjason
Sep 6th, 2012, 04:56 AM
Vika in 2 easy sets!!!

sav001
Sep 6th, 2012, 05:14 AM
We all know how this is going to turn out. Azarenka will crush Sharapova in an easy 2 sets, Serena will crush Errani in 2 sets and then Serena will win easily in the final. NID.

NashaMasha
Sep 6th, 2012, 05:56 AM
We all know how this is going to turn out. Azarenka will crush Sharapova in an easy 2 sets, Serena will crush Errani in 2 sets and then Serena will win easily in the final. NID.

go and bet your house, your car and all tha money you have on this

tonybotz
Sep 6th, 2012, 06:02 AM
the bakery will be open. breadsticks and bagels for all. vika you bitch.

Smitten
Sep 6th, 2012, 06:36 AM
Sharapova from a set and a break down. 4-6 6-4 6-1

Let.them.talk
Sep 6th, 2012, 06:43 AM
Vika: DO THIS.
Maria: :hug:

Serenita
Sep 6th, 2012, 07:02 AM
Vika has been fucking around Pova in 3.

sweetadri06
Sep 6th, 2012, 07:04 AM
I would say Vika just because she is better on HC these days. But Maria is a fighter so i don't expect it to be a blowout.

jacobruiz
Sep 6th, 2012, 07:38 AM
Maria will take this, probably in three.

Stern
Sep 6th, 2012, 08:32 AM
Maria in easy 2, no way she would lose to her in slam again.

améliemomo
Sep 6th, 2012, 08:44 AM
shrienkirenka versus shriekipova, whatever wins it would be a shrieker:tennis:

so shrieker n°1.

LUVMIRZA
Sep 6th, 2012, 09:49 AM
Lord I am so nervous for this match:lol: Please Vika establish yourself as a great BB slayer after Kronos:cheer::cheer: I dont care abt the finals as either of you gurls will be slayed by the Kronos:sad:

Fighterpova
Sep 6th, 2012, 10:37 AM
I don't know what to think about this match.

I like Serena and I don't like Vika, so I don't want Maria to lose to Vika, however, if she wins, she plays Serena in the final and gets humiliated again(this time probably a double bagel :lol:).

So, whoever wins will be offered as sacrificial tribute to LordRena.

Destiny
Sep 6th, 2012, 11:22 AM
I want a really goood match with hair pulling fist pumping eye gauging ball tagging pure exhausting ear splitting anger

Sooooo victoria for the win ! Wooooop really do wanna seee maria in the final of her thrid grand slam gettting beats:tape::wavey:

miffedmax
Sep 6th, 2012, 04:30 PM
I will be for Darth Vika, but I can live with Queen Masha. The LOB will represent in the final, that's what matters.

2Black
Sep 6th, 2012, 05:34 PM
I think this match is going to be a barn burner... It should be 2nd on Ashe after Serena/Errani. I hope CBS doesn't make the US Open put Serena's match 2nd just becuz it's Serena & she's known to bring the high ratings. The marquee matchup is definitely Sharapova/Azarenka!

Patrick345
Sep 6th, 2012, 05:41 PM
I think this match is going to be a barn burner... It should be 2nd on Ashe after Serena/Errani. I hope CBS doesn't make the US Open put Serena's match 2nd just becuz it's Serena & she's known to bring the high ratings. The marquee matchup is definitely Sharapova/Azarenka!

I hope they play first. They should play first to guarantee a more fair final. Those two will battle hard and they´ll need every extra little rest that they can get. Serena will have a 60 minute exhibition match, where she´ll only move left to right and to the chair between service and return winners. I can´t believe the players complain about prize money, but allow themselves to get screwed over by the idiotic US Open scheduling every year.But hey Adam Sandler vs. Kevin James Night Session on Ashe tailend of a Slam. :rolleyes:

hERi
Sep 6th, 2012, 06:04 PM
it would be a happy ending if Vika can defeat Marsha in 2 sets..and Serena lost to Errani..

Shuji Shuriken
Sep 6th, 2012, 06:12 PM
Bitch I want Maria and Serena to win their respective matches http://uploadir.com/u/v3gb1a.gif

siempreneltenis
Sep 6th, 2012, 06:36 PM
Dream semi-final

http://i.minus.com/ibbAvkVRiocoyx.gif

it-girl
Sep 6th, 2012, 07:21 PM
Vika in 2.

Olórin
Sep 6th, 2012, 07:27 PM
Really there is no reason why Maria can't win this but I think she will come out slightly slower than Azarenka play a bad service game or two - that will the first set gone then and the second set will be really tight maybe with Azarenka maintaining the momentum enough to finish the match there :shrug:

Sharapowerr
Sep 6th, 2012, 07:39 PM
Maria 7-5 6-4

Roookie
Sep 6th, 2012, 09:46 PM
The real Final :oh:

mckyle.
Sep 6th, 2012, 10:17 PM
Azarenka

young_gunner913
Sep 6th, 2012, 10:19 PM
Veeeka to whoop that ass like always on hardcourts.

I remember when you used to be a Jankovic stan. :awww: This site and Serena has made you so bitter. :lol:

Mr.Sharapova
Sep 6th, 2012, 10:19 PM
Vika a heavy favorite here according to our TF poll :eek::worship:.

Roookie
Sep 6th, 2012, 10:38 PM
I remember when you used to be a Jankovic stan. :awww: This site and Serena has made you so bitter. :lol:

JJ is still The Empress :worship:. And not at all...I have SO MUCH FUN in this site :bounce: Its all about not taking tennis so seriously unlike certain fanbase :secret:

Sir Stefwhit
Sep 7th, 2012, 03:03 AM

Arthur Ashe Stadium
Men's Doubles - Finals

Not Before:1:45 PM -Women's Singles - Semifinals
Victoria Azarenka (BLR)[1]
vs.
Maria Sharapova (RUS)[3]

Not Before:3:45 PM - Women's Singles - Semifinals
Serena Williams (USA)[4]
vs.
Sara Errani (ITA)[10]

oh yeah i guess
Sep 7th, 2012, 03:16 AM
Vika a heavy favorite here according to our TF poll :eek::worship:.

Such a contrast compared to when many people were backing Zheng to upset Vika. :lol:

Julian.
Sep 7th, 2012, 03:20 AM

:spit::rolls:

Annie.
Sep 7th, 2012, 04:20 AM
C'mon Vika don't let me down! Give me AO pt II. :worship:

SAEKeithSerena
Sep 7th, 2012, 04:22 AM
Vila 6-2,6-4

Huntress55
Sep 7th, 2012, 04:33 AM
Cmon Maria!

bandabou
Sep 7th, 2012, 10:38 AM
Is Dominic back already?! Julian sure's some of his thraits. :lol:

Golan
Sep 7th, 2012, 10:40 AM
The battle of screams
no matter who wins, tennis will lost today
:facepalm:

gc-spurs
Sep 7th, 2012, 10:46 AM
I'm surprised at the number of journos and announcers picking Vika in three. If Vika wins and it's a tight one, it will still be in 2 sets.

oh yeah i guess
Sep 7th, 2012, 12:44 PM
The battle of screams
no matter who wins, tennis will lost today
:facepalm:

No, that's when Radwanska wins.

Beny
Sep 7th, 2012, 12:47 PM
Maria in two. She s been playing better overall.

Vika will come short of her first USO final this time

Jimmie48
Sep 7th, 2012, 12:49 PM
She s been playing better overall.

:confused:

Pretty much every of Vika's rounds was more convincing then what Sharapova delivered.

18majors
Sep 7th, 2012, 03:04 PM
:confused:

Pretty much every of Vika's rounds was more convincing then what Sharapova delivered.

Have watched any matches at all?

Jimmie48
Sep 7th, 2012, 03:09 PM
Have watched any matches at all?

Uh, yeah. Sharapova needed a rain delay in two matches to have her from being embarrassed, Vika was actually hindered by the rain delay against Stosur.

Claiming that Sharapova has played better this tournament is utter nonsense, she was close to being upset twice.

siempreneltenis
Sep 7th, 2012, 03:12 PM
Uh, yeah. Sharapova needed a rain delay in two matches to have her from being embarrassed, Vika was actually hindered by the rain delay against Stosur.

Claiming that Sharapova has played better this tournament is utter nonsense, she was close to being upset twice.

Well she actually faced match-point in Stuttgart against Stosur and still raped Azarenka in the final.

KournikovaFan91
Sep 7th, 2012, 03:14 PM
Well she actually faced match-point in Stuttgart against Stosur and still raped Azarenka in the final.

On clay, relevant to this discussion, not really.

Since 2009 Masha has only managed to beat Vika on clay. Not saying she can't do it here but I think its unlikely.

Julian.
Sep 7th, 2012, 03:30 PM
Is Dominic back already?! Julian sure's some of his thraits. :lol:

lol whut?

Mr.Sharapova
Sep 7th, 2012, 03:44 PM

http://i931.photobucket.com/albums/ad151/Milot_Sheremeti/tumblr_m6lvojgaYn1rqf7ly.gifYou're such a bandwagoner, it's so embarrassing :o. First it was Wozniacki and now Azarenka.

If Maria was taken to a third set by her pigeons then you have to take into account that Vika also was taken to a 7-6 in a third set against Stosur who hadn't won a single set against her at that point :shrug:. Talk about being challenged.

Vika was taken to a third set playing her usual consistent level whereas Maria was playing horrible and still found a way to make it through.

Jimmie48
Sep 7th, 2012, 03:53 PM
You're such a bandwagoner, it's so embarrassing :o. First it was Wozniacki and now Azarenka.

Yeah right, because "bandwagoning" Caro has been such a hoot the past 12 months.... please.

Mr.Sharapova
Sep 7th, 2012, 04:01 PM
Yeah right, because "bandwagoning" Caro has been such a hoot the past 12 months.... please.

That's when Azarenka came in :oh:.

Jimmie48
Sep 7th, 2012, 04:08 PM
That's when Azarenka came in :oh:.

Yeah right :rolleyes:

I don't have explain to you why I like the players that I like but the list of my faves is obvious proof that I pick them based on success :rolleyes:

Maria rocks
Sep 7th, 2012, 04:09 PM
Maria in 3. She is bound to do it the hard way!!!

siempreneltenis
Sep 7th, 2012, 04:23 PM
Tbh this whole Azarenka superiority-on-HC-when-facing-Sharapova is a bit of nonsense if you tell me.

2010 Stanford - Slumping Sharapova with nothing in the tank at an MM.
2011 Miami - Sharapova played absolutely hideous tennis throughout that event, being pushed to 3 sets by Dulgheru of all people and barely scraping by an injured Petkovic.
2012 AO - Azarenka at the peak of her powers and Sharapova with no serve whatsoever, making 3 UEs for every winner she hit. Another horrible performance.
2012 IW - Sharapova cuts down on the UEs but comes with the dumbest gameplan ever, hitting everything down the middle and letting Azarenka open up the court.

HCs are Sharapova's best surface too. Clay does give her a bit of advantage when it comes to this match-up because she can load up on the forehand and she's not as rushed as she is on a slightly faster HC. But it should be a good match if both are really engaged.

rucolo
Sep 7th, 2012, 04:40 PM
Beat her like in Stuttgart, Maria ! :drool:

yJtZ-RvYiJc

Renalicious
Sep 7th, 2012, 04:52 PM
Vika in two.