PDA

View Full Version : USO QF: (10) Errani def. (20) Vinci 6-2, 6-4

sxeraserhead
Sep 5th, 2012, 06:33 PM
Matches like this really expose how overrated Radwanska's craftiness is. Errani simply targeted Vinci's backhand and broke it down completely. Radwanska isn't even capable of varying her spin enough to replicate this tactic.

Also :facepalm: at everyone in the Radwanska - Vinci thread saying Vinci had real variety when she is terrified to use her drive backhand 99% of the time.

Congrats to Errani, she is such a tactically sound player. If the player on the other side of the net has a weakness, she will not pass it by.

Also congrats to Vinci for a great run over the hardcourt season :awww: well deserved slam QF for her career :yeah:

Excelscior
Sep 5th, 2012, 06:34 PM
Errani showed why she's the higher ranked player. And to tell you the truth, Vinci is not much taller than her.

Errani slays all normal sized, passive and underpowered foes (and of course it helps if you're her doubles partner, and knows her weaknesses).

Maybe Roberta wasn't as cut throat as Sara, playing her partner?

And I like Vinci. Congrats to Sara.

Zamboni
Sep 5th, 2012, 06:35 PM
Boring match, to be honest. So flat. Never seen Sara with so little emotion. Very understandable though. The hug at the net was super cute, so was Sara applauding Roby as she left the court.:awww:

I still can't believe Sara's year.:sobbing: :inlove:

rnwerner
Sep 5th, 2012, 06:35 PM
That was the worst Slam QF in years.

Kvitova - Kanepi WI 2010 came to my mind, but no.

Vinci was beyond ridiculous. No backhand was not sliced. None.

Melange
Sep 5th, 2012, 06:36 PM
hope she win the next match

dexter87
Sep 5th, 2012, 06:36 PM
Vinci would have troubled Errani much more if only she'd used her slice backhand a bit more often.

Errani :worship:

gc-spurs
Sep 5th, 2012, 06:37 PM
What a year...

Joe.
I wouldn't be surprised if Serena got another double bagel in the Semis :hysteric:

But well done to Errani, this has been such a surprising tournament :)

Dado90
how mentally tennis could be :awww:

Roberta :sobbing: :awww:
Sara cograts ANW :yeah: now she is almost safe of Istanbul qualification :cheer:

GoofyDuck
Sep 5th, 2012, 06:38 PM
Vinci is errorprone and it was NID Errani would outgrind her, Vinci also has more trouble to finish at the net obviously as ERrani is also very solid there.

killerqueen
Errani now heading for #7 :eek: This is just getting insane. I know everyone thought that Kerber was a lock for the most improved player of the year, but surely Errani is going to get that now? :eek:

olivero
Expected, well done Sara :yeah: amazing year for her. Top 5 here she comes :oh:
Too bad she doesn't have any success in big tournaments outside of slams, but maybe this will come soon.

Madoka
NID...Vinci has no game to hurt Errani...it has been an aufwull match, but it was to expect...

big lol @ everyones who said Errani cant play no HC and her RG run was a fluke...2 GS semis in just one year...

SVK
Sep 5th, 2012, 06:39 PM
Roberta was horrible but as always Iīm able to find some possitive things on this run, she was playing well enough last weeks, so Iīm not mad because of this match.

LOL @ people surprised Vinci has using slice backhand that much, you surely arenīt watching girls outside TOP 15, are you?

A-Bond
Vinci :o Wanted you to win. Errani in a hardcourt GS semi :o

tae04
Errani better get ready for the beatdown on Friday.

reptar
Congrats Errani!! :D

maletaja
Sep 5th, 2012, 06:40 PM
Serena-Errani match up would be very intresting.
If Serena cannot create power game , situatsion could be intresting...

Alya_C
Sep 5th, 2012, 06:40 PM
Matches like this really expose how overrated Radwanska's craftiness is. Errani simply targeted Vinci's backhand and broke it down completely. Radwanska isn't even capable of varying her spin enough to replicate this tactic.

Also :facepalm: at everyone in the Radwanska - Vinci thread saying Vinci had real variety when she is terrified to use her drive backhand 99% of the time.

Radwanska played crap last match, Vinci played the match of her life. Result: Vinci won. There is no other conclusion to draw here. Agree on the fact that people exagerated on their drooling after Vinci's game. But that was just because they were hating on Aga ;)

Sara :hearts:

Carlsbadwanska
Sep 5th, 2012, 06:42 PM
YEC is done. :(

AVB
Sep 5th, 2012, 06:42 PM
Just don't know what to say anymore. My only consolation is that Pushrani will get destroyed in the semifinal.

Yashal
Sep 5th, 2012, 06:43 PM
Berta :sobbing: but still thanks for all the good things done in the last weeks :hug:

Excelscior
Sep 5th, 2012, 06:44 PM
Vinci :o Wanted you to win. Errani in a hardcourt GS semi :o

She would of made the Australian semi's, if she didn't run into Kvitova earlier this year. What if she would of faced a short or normal sized player instead?

Believe it or not (if you remember), Errani was beating down-bad most of her opponents prior to Kvitova, in the Australian Open.

People forget that.

gc-spurs
Sep 5th, 2012, 06:44 PM
Just don't know what to say anymore. My only consolation is that Pushrani will get destroyed in the semifinal.

She'd still do better than Vika/Maria. :o

Kon.
Sep 5th, 2012, 06:48 PM
Wow, Errani. Her 2012 has been :worship:

ExXotikal
Sep 5th, 2012, 06:48 PM
Serena-Errani match up would be very intresting.
If Serena cannot create power game , situatsion could be intresting...

How on earth could Serena not create power game against Errani on Fast HC? :lol:

Patrick345
Sep 5th, 2012, 06:49 PM
She would of made the Australian semi's, if she didn't run into Kvitova earlier this year.

Yeah right, because she was beating Sharapova, Azarenka or Clijsters. :lol: Errani beats every player with an unbalanced game/a big weakness and no killshot/ROS. Does that sound like those?

Miracle Worker
Sep 5th, 2012, 06:50 PM
Errani :worship:

Now win your semi against Ana Serena :cheer:

Excelscior
Sep 5th, 2012, 06:51 PM
Yeah right, because she was beating Sharapova, Azarenka or Clijsters. :lol: Errani beats every player with an unbalanced game/a big weakness and no killshot/ROS. Does that sound like those?

Huh?

I didn't say she was going to win the semi.

I said she would of made it. Didn't she face Kvitova in the quarter final (unless I'm mistaken)?

People here are tripping that she's in a hardcourt GS semifinal. That's what I was responding to.

maletaja
Sep 5th, 2012, 06:55 PM
If Kerber could beat Serena, i dont see why Errani doesnt have chance

Excelscior
Sep 5th, 2012, 06:59 PM
@ "If Kerber can beat Serena, why can't Errani argument".

5 inches makes a big difference (5'3" vs 5'8"). :eek:

Kerber is listed as 5'10", but one of our posters here swore she was 5'7" or 5'8"; so I just listed 5'8".

They also say Errani is really 5'2", as well. So it can be even more than a 5" difference.

Wiggly
Sep 5th, 2012, 07:01 PM
Bartoli now needs to make the final or win the whole thing to have any shot at the YEC.
There's no way she can gain 1000 points only from two tournaments in Asia.

jasonbloom
Sep 5th, 2012, 07:03 PM
Errani being a Hard court Slam Semifinalist is just :help:

Beaumont
Sep 5th, 2012, 07:05 PM
Incredible year for Errani

bobito
Sep 5th, 2012, 07:06 PM
@
5 inches makes a big difference (5'3" vs 5'8"). :eek:

Kerber is listed as 5'10", but one of our posters here swore she was 5'7" or 5'8"; so I just listed 5'8".

They also say Errani is really 5'2", as well. So it can be even more than a 5" difference.

Errani isn't 5'2". I've seen her from very courtside on Wimbledon court 14 (about 10m yards away) and she's not that short.

Difficult match for both of them this one, it's never easy to get the intensity going when you're playing you best friend. Sara knew Robby too well though and exploited her weaknesses.

TheHangover
Sep 5th, 2012, 07:20 PM
sharapova
azarenka
serena
and...
errani

they will become like the federer, nadal, djokovic and murray of the wta...lol

Patrick345
Sep 5th, 2012, 07:22 PM
sharapova
azarenka
serena
and...
errani

they will become like the federer, nadal, djokovic and murray of the wta...lol

Errani would be the Ferrer.

CrossCourt~Rally
Sep 5th, 2012, 07:23 PM
Sara :yeah:

Roberta :hug: Now go win the doubles title with your BFF ;)

Alya_C
Sep 5th, 2012, 07:24 PM

She has said she is a fan of Ferrer. They even train in the same academy in Valencia. Must be something in the water there :lol:

Madoka
Sep 5th, 2012, 07:29 PM

Agree.

vuhvuh
Sep 5th, 2012, 07:29 PM
exactly Radwanska is awkward. in this match obviously their friendship and that they know themselves very well big role and I think Vinci is the softer one. the one that it writes on her game more. but Sara did such great job I still cant believe how much she imrpoved. her movement is great. Sara deserved to win but sad for Roberta tho. plus there was no joy it was seenable that Sara felt bad she beat her friend so thats a shame there were no emotions

Maria Croft
Sep 5th, 2012, 07:37 PM
Her year has been so impressive already.

Marionated
Sep 5th, 2012, 07:42 PM
Sara :worship: absolutely phenomenal season.

Roby :hug: fantastic tournament.

Patrick345
Sep 5th, 2012, 07:52 PM
She would of made the Australian semi's, if she didn't run into Kvitova earlier this year. What if she would of faced a short or normal sized player instead?

Believe it or not (if you remember), Errani was beating down-bad most of her opponents prior to Kvitova, in the Australian Open.

People forget that.

Errani was ranked 48th in the world going into the Aussie Open and could have run into any of the top seeds in the first round. So she already had a pretty good draw to the quarterfinal, Petrova being the highest ranked (31) player she faced. The logical step is to look at the other semifinalists and itīs highly unlucky she is even competitve against any of them. On the contrary Errani had a lot of luck with her hardcourt Slam draws this year, cause itīs highly unlucky she makes the semfinal in the top half, or in Serenaīs quarter or if she runs into Venus first.

TheHangover
Sep 5th, 2012, 07:54 PM

for me no, ferrer can challenge and push to the limit the top four, i still have to see errani pushing to the limit azarenka serena sharapova or venus, i hope she will, but for now she is not the ferrer of wta

Sombrerero loco
Sep 5th, 2012, 07:56 PM
thanks errani for destroying vinci. a good revenge for aga :hysteric: so bad she wont be in the semifinals...

Excelscior
Errani was ranked 48th in the world going into the Aussie Open and could have run into any of the top seeds in the first round. So she already had a pretty good draw to the quarterfinal, Petrova being the highest ranked (31) player she faced. The logical step is to look at the other semifinalists and itīs highly unlucky she is even competitve against any of them. On the contrary Errani had a lot of luck with her hardcourt Slam draws this year, cause itīs highly unlucky she makes the semfinal in the top half, or in Serenaīs quarter or if she runs into Venus first.

Agreed.

But that was my whole point/premise, that Errani whups up on certain sized players. We know she can't beat the taller, big time players.

Good for her!

NashaMasha
congratulations to the girl with beautiful eyes ......

She proved how wrong were all these "experts" calling her fluke, scrub, mug , when she reached GS Final

flareon
Sep 5th, 2012, 07:57 PM

if its ivanovic she stands a chance...

Sara :bounce:

Roberta :hug:

zigga
Sep 5th, 2012, 07:58 PM
Sara :yeah:

Dexter
Sep 5th, 2012, 08:01 PM
Got it give it to Errani, she has had a tremendous year and maximizes her potential. Another major SF and up to #7 in the ranks. Nobody would have thought at the start of the year.
Still I think Vinci has the skills to take the win, but couldn't perform due to nerves. But she will be up to top15.
Let alone their success in the doubles... outstanding year for the Italian duo.

Marcoo
Sep 5th, 2012, 08:02 PM
haha Tennis is so astonishing !! Never know what's gonna happen in tennis :D good Errani, though couse i'm still for the italians ;)

StoneRose
Sep 5th, 2012, 08:03 PM
Bit of a flat match, Roberta played so much better against Aga. Still i hardly knew her before this tournament, i certainly do now. Congrats Sara :cheer:.

MS
Sep 5th, 2012, 08:04 PM
Congrats Sara! Feel a bit sorry for Robi though, but great tournament for her and still the doubles.

FORZA SARITA
Sep 5th, 2012, 08:07 PM
what a year :tears: QF-RU-R3-SF :hearts:
a golden set would have destroyed every player but not Sara :lol:
now have fn with Serena and take the doubles title :bounce:
Roby :hug: before Wimbledon never made R4 of a slam, now you reached QF so never say never :bounce: QF in Montreal, Dallas title and QF here is amazing :yeah: who knows, maybe she can get close to top10 :hysteric:

Break My Rapture
Sep 5th, 2012, 08:09 PM
Roberta. :hug:

Wintermute
Sep 5th, 2012, 08:17 PM
Congrats to Sara who is having a great year. But I wanted Vinci to win. :/

Charlatan
Sep 5th, 2012, 08:33 PM
Sara is having an amazing year. Happy for her :)

Setsuna.
Sep 5th, 2012, 08:45 PM

:o

GrandMartha
Sep 5th, 2012, 08:49 PM
happy for her. Tremendous year she has been having. :cheer:

Mistress of Evil
Sep 5th, 2012, 08:50 PM
Errani must be TOP 4 on points from GS this year :hysteric:
Great for her. Her ability to maximize her opportunities and overachieve are almighty impressive. :yeah:

Natural Joe
Sep 5th, 2012, 09:02 PM
Sara! :cheer: I really didn't expect it to be a two set win for her. Poor Roberta :hug:

I still can't believe Sara's year.:sobbing: :inlove:

This! :worship:

Chim
Sep 5th, 2012, 09:03 PM

I like the way you describe Errani's game style...UNBALANCED game!!!:lol::lol:

Mr.Sharapova
Sep 5th, 2012, 09:50 PM
Errani

http://i931.photobucket.com/albums/ad151/Milot_Sheremeti/tumblr_m7xnh9iqh11r6yzdp.gif

cautiouslip
Sep 5th, 2012, 10:10 PM
YAASSS Errani. Love her :hearts: what a year for her.... now take out serena :lol:

Imperfect Angel
Sep 5th, 2012, 11:12 PM
Sara :worship: Slam F and SF.:lol:

danieln1
Sep 6th, 2012, 02:39 AM
Nooooooooooooooooooooooo Roberta :facepalm:

I was pretty sure you would give Serena the toughest match

Siderophyre
Sep 6th, 2012, 02:49 AM
Errani. Sigh. Well I guess I really have to take her seriously now. Fantastic year.

Navratil
Sep 6th, 2012, 06:50 AM
I was surprised when I heard their record was 3:2. But Errani won the last 3 meetings 2011 - 2012 very easily.

Totally expected result.

Navratil
Sep 6th, 2012, 06:51 AM
Errani must be TOP 4 on points from GS this year :hysteric:
Great for her. Her ability to maximize her opportunities and overachieve are almighty impressive. :yeah:

She would have been # 1 last year with these points :lol:

Drake1980
Sep 6th, 2012, 07:31 AM
:bounce: