PDA

View Full Version : XBOX 360 or PS3 for sports games?

Super Dave
Sep 4th, 2012, 05:15 PM
I'm looking to upgrade my son's video game system (currently has a Wii) because he primarily plays sports games and obviously they don't play well on the Wii.

Which system do you prefer for sports games - tennis, football, baseball, whatever - in terms of playability and graphics?

Also, how much memory does the system really need - 160GB? 320GB?

Thanks!

Certinfy
Sep 4th, 2012, 08:18 PM
For sports game both are basically the same, hardly any sports game are exclusive to one system. MLB The Show is exclusive to the PS3 though which is the best baseball game and their are Kinect and Move sports games (though crap in my opinion) exclusive for each of them.

Graphics now are generally near the exact same on both consoles now, gone are the times where one version would be far superior to the other.

160GB would be fine, really the only time you're going to need a lot of GB is if you're downloading a lot of demos, so not much need. If anything the HDD can always be upgraded later and it's not even that expensive.

Really with the PS3 in the end you're getting a blu-ray player and free online too, those are perhaps 2 things that favour it. With the 360 there's not much that special about it, perhaps you could argue the controller is better though (at least to me it is).

If there's anything just ask, have 2 PS3s and 2 360s so know both inside out. :o

iWill
Sep 4th, 2012, 08:45 PM
For the simple fact that online play is included with a PS3 for no monthly fee it is the better choice IMO