PDA

View Full Version : So how many pins have Vuvurenka and Martha stuck into Sarin's voodoo doll?

tennisbear7
Sep 4th, 2012, 11:43 AM
:lol:

And how many of their fans are rooting for Ana. :hearts::kiss:

Shivank17
Sep 4th, 2012, 11:50 AM
Less than Hlavackova. :p

Andy.
Sep 4th, 2012, 11:51 AM

I never thought I would see the day but I will be cheering hard for her....not that she has much of a chance. I have actually grown to like her a bit after really dislking her for many years.

Sammo
Sep 4th, 2012, 11:52 AM
http://www.blingdomofgod.com/entryimages/FooTooKit.jpg

2 each

Igor_Biscan
Sep 4th, 2012, 11:53 AM

Never. Ever.

Besides that, I want a Vika v Serena final.

tennisbear7
Sep 4th, 2012, 11:56 AM
Never. Ever.

It depends I suppose. Sarin versus Vika or Martha will be concluded with a trip to the bakery.

Ana versus Vika or Martha... their backhands would burn through Ana and snap her poor left arm off :(

Grigorpova
Sep 4th, 2012, 11:58 AM
It depends I suppose. Sarin versus Vika or Martha will be concluded with a trip to the bakery.

Ana versus Vika or Martha... their backhands would burn through Ana and snap her poor left arm off :(

Vika's form this USO could prove some competition with Sarin in a final like Jankovic did some years back but it'd still be a straight sets routine win :sobbing:

Mary Cherry.
Sep 4th, 2012, 12:00 PM

I'm not :shrug:

LUVMIRZA
Sep 4th, 2012, 12:57 PM
Vika gives a much better fight in hard courts. Many Australian Open matches and last year USO match are proofs. It'll be a great final with Silliams lifting the damn trophy:sad:

Dav.
Sep 4th, 2012, 12:59 PM
2 each

Which is, coincidentally, how many games each would win in the final.

miffedmax
Sep 4th, 2012, 01:09 PM
Never. Ever.

Me too. The bottom line is that until Vika beats Serena on a big stage, she can't really claim to be No.1.

A Vika vs. Serena final also gives us a chance to crown a legitimate player of the year. (A Serena/Masha final does the same, but I like Vika a little better, and actually think she has a better chance against Serena. Not a great chance, but a better chance).

I'm all in with Vika. If she's the best, I want her to prove it, no questions asked. If she's the second-best, well, then, I will tip my hat to Serena (or Masha), mutter and bit and start looking foward to 2013.

andyjason
Sep 4th, 2012, 01:09 PM
It should be Vika VS Serena in Final
I would be laughing if Errani beat vinci then serena to meet vika in Final and win the title!

hurricanejeanne
Sep 4th, 2012, 01:15 PM
Me too. The bottom line is that until Vika beats Serena on a big stage, she can't really claim to be No.1.

A Vika vs. Serena final also gives us a chance to crown a legitimate player of the year. (A Serena/Masha final does the same, but I like Vika a little better, and actually think she has a better chance against Serena. Not a great chance, but a better chance).

I'm all in with Vika. If she's the best, I want her to prove it, no questions asked. If she's the second-best, well, then, I will tip my hat to Serena (or Masha), mutter and bit and start looking foward to 2013.

This.
I also feel like if Vika made the final she'd back up her AO win a bit more. And, like you said, Vika's game for whatever reason has the potential to bother Serena a bit more (especially if Serena goes a little bit off) than Maria's in recent years.

And unless Serena is in coma, Shino's doing line calls, and/or Alves is in the chair, there is no way Ana is beating her.

ElusiveChanteuse
Sep 4th, 2012, 01:15 PM
how many pins have Vuvurenka and Martha stuck into Sarin's voodoo doll
Shouldn't this be like "how many pins have Serena stuck into Masha and Vika's voodoo dolls?" instead?:lol:

Igor_Biscan
Sep 4th, 2012, 01:17 PM

My reasons too. The ranking's just a number but Vika's undisputably established herself as one of the top 3 (possibly more accurately as one of the two players below Serena). The only next step forward is to beat Serena.

flareon
Sep 4th, 2012, 01:21 PM
they ran out of pins...

tennisbear7
Sep 4th, 2012, 01:52 PM
So these Vika fans want her to face UnstoppableRena in the final instead of Cakewalk Anci/Errani/Vinci. :hysteric: Okay.

miffedmax
Sep 4th, 2012, 03:02 PM
My reasons too. The ranking's just a number but Vika's undisputably established herself as one of the top 3 (possibly more accurately as one of the two players below Serena). The only next step forward is to beat Serena.

Well, there was a time when it was more than just a number and there was a pretty correlation between being #1 and being the best.

I would like to see those days return, personally. (It's still pretty much true in the ATP). As I said in another thread, for all the shit she gets around here, Vika has done more to restore the luster of the #1 ranking than any other player to hold it since 2008, as she is certainly one of the best two or three players of the year so far--I think she does barely edge out Masha for now, and is very close to Serena.

A title here would give her a major claim for being both the rankings #1 and the mythical "true" #1.

But yes, to truly be the champ, you have to KO the champ. It would be good for tennis to have a #1 who can beat the champ. Would it mean Vika's better than 'Rena? No. Would it mean she was the best player of 2012? Yes.

tennisbear7
Sep 4th, 2012, 03:06 PM
Well, there was a time when it was more than just a number and there was a pretty correlation between being #1 and being the best.

I would like to see those days return, personally. (It's still pretty much true in the ATP). As I said in another thread, for all the shit she gets around here, Vika has done more to restore the luster of the #1 ranking than any other player to hold it since 2008, as she is certainly one of the best two or three players of the year so far--I think she does barely edge out Masha for now, and is very close to Serena.

A title here would give her a major claim for being both the rankings #1 and the mythical "true" #1.

But yes, to truly be the champ, you have to KO the champ. It would be good for tennis to have a #1 who can beat the champ. Would it mean Vika's better than 'Rena? No. Would it mean she was the best player of 2012? Yes.

Or she could hold up that trophy without having to face Sarin at all.

God how I wish someone would just knock Elena's prospective slam opponents out before she got to them. Yup, still pressed. :tape::lol:

Doully
Sep 4th, 2012, 03:32 PM
This.
I also feel like if Vika made the final she'd back up her AO win a bit more. A

I think she backed that up pretty well by not losing a match until Miami in all fairness.

miffedmax
Sep 4th, 2012, 04:35 PM
Or she could hold up that trophy without having to face Sarin at all.

God how I wish someone would just knock Elena's prospective slam opponents out before she got to them. Yup, still pressed. :tape::lol:

:lol: Oh, I see your point, and I would be quite happy to see Vika add to her haul of slams any way she can.

But I really think a Vika/Serena final gives us as tennis fans a face-to-face shootout to determine the best player of 2012 (with all due respect to Masha). Of course, if Masha earns her way into the final, that changes things a bit, but I just don't see her being able to trouble Serena right now.

dencod16
Sep 5th, 2012, 01:13 PM
Vika's form this USO could prove some competition with Sarin in a final like Jankovic did some years back but it'd still be a straight sets routine win :sobbing:

If Serena played like she did against Hlavackova it will be too easy TBH, because her groundstrokes were far more superb than her serve.

LUVMIRZA
Sep 5th, 2012, 01:35 PM
So these Vika fans want her to face UnstoppableRena in the final instead of Cakewalk Anci/Errani/Vinci. :hysteric: Okay.

We are like that a freaky bunch(called by some troll):lol: Even when she had the chance to grab the number 1 ranking, we all whole heartedly accepted that we didnt support for her to go near it without winning a Grand Slam first (and she did it in style by winnign one:worship:). We want her to beat the best always:)

Break My Rapture
Sep 5th, 2012, 02:44 PM
Yes we want her to beat the best players in the world, not like *cough* RG 08. :lol:

tennisbear7
Sep 5th, 2012, 02:50 PM
Yes we want her to beat the best players in the world, not like *cough* RG 08. :lol:

:haha: I'd rather have a cakewalk draw and win a trophy rather than be all brave and courageous and not winning the title. :lol: Not buying this "I want Azarenka to play Sarin in the final" business. :kiss:

Cajka
Sep 5th, 2012, 04:37 PM
:haha: I'd rather have a cakewalk draw and win a trophy rather than be all brave and courageous and not winning the title. :lol: Not buying this "I want Azarenka to play Sarin in the final" business. :kiss:

If they had Azarenka playing against peak Henin and peak Sharapova in 2 slam finals, they would all agree that peak Safina is very tricky, but still a better option.

Break My Rapture
Sep 5th, 2012, 04:48 PM
Why not. :lol: For example we also wanted her to play Stosur instead of Robson in the quarters because Robson would've just been another scrub Vika would put aside easily. Beating Serena would make a title here that much sweeter and more credible.

DOUBLEFIST
Sep 5th, 2012, 04:50 PM
...Would it mean Vika's better than 'Rena? No. Would it mean she was the best player of 2012? Yes.

Glad you added this part Max. ...Save me a lengthy post. ;)

dragonflies
Sep 5th, 2012, 05:03 PM
http://www.blingdomofgod.com/entryimages/FooTooKit.jpg

2 each

This is Venus ' s doll. Look at the stringy hair and no boobs.

Wrong doll. Malfunction doll' pin sticking skills. No wonder....

miffedmax
Sep 5th, 2012, 08:18 PM
Glad you added this part Max. ...Save me a lengthy post. ;)

Unlike onesome posters around here, I can't convince myself that a blowout h2h is a fluke.

But honestly, for Vika (and Masha) another slam doesn't really matter much at this point if they don't grab it from a reasonably fit Serena.

Maybe Vika fans are just as cocky and bitchy as our fav. I think she can do it.

JeMa
Sep 5th, 2012, 08:21 PM

We just want our girls to win we are not delusional.

Cajka
Sep 5th, 2012, 09:01 PM
Why not. :lol: For example we also wanted her to play Stosur instead of Robson in the quarters because Robson would've just been another scrub Vika would put aside easily. Beating Serena would make a title here that much sweeter and more credible.

OK, I believe that you want her to beat Serena, but do you also prefer her losing to Serena in the final than beating Errani?

perseus2006
Sep 5th, 2012, 09:18 PM
5,376 pins so far. Starting on the left cheek after a rain delay...

DOUBLEFIST
Sep 6th, 2012, 05:49 PM
Unlike onesome posters around here, I can't convince myself that a blowout h2h is a fluke.

But honestly, for Vika (and Masha) another slam doesn't really matter much at this point if they don't grab it from a reasonably fit Serena.

Maybe Vika fans are just as cocky and bitchy as our fav. I think she can do it.
I think she has a chance. But she's gonna have to get ahead early.

Presuming Serena beats Errani, Serena will be coming from the weaker side of the draw and immediately from playing a player who's balls are NOTHING like what will be coming from the other half. So it's Serena who will have the most adjustments to make. That works tremendously to Vika (or Maria's) early advantage.

Break My Rapture
Sep 6th, 2012, 06:19 PM
OK, I believe that you want her to beat Serena, but do you also prefer her losing to Serena in the final than beating Errani?
No of course not. :lol: Obviously I want her to win, regardless of whether it was Serena or Sara on the other side of the net. I'm just saying we don't mind her playing Serena, even if the latest matches have been one-sided in Serena's favor.

Brad[le]y.
Sep 6th, 2012, 06:25 PM
:spit: Best thread during the Open so far.

miffedmax
Sep 6th, 2012, 07:23 PM
I think she has a chance. But she's gonna have to get ahead early.

Presuming Serena beats Errani, Serena will be coming from the weaker side of the draw and immediately from playing a player who's balls are NOTHING like what will be coming from the other half. So it's Serena who will have the most adjustments to make. That works tremendously to Vika (or Maria's) early advantage.

Agree. Plus Vika is prone to lose the plot during matches against quality opponents, and it has really hurt her against Serena in the past, as opposed to Masha, who I think Serena has just psychologically beaten before the match begins.

On hardcourt, I think Vika can beat or give Serena a good match. Of course, I must also concede that Serena has proven herself capable of destroying Vika.

Anyway, as I said before this is a good final four for the last Slam of 2012 and very representative of who the quality players have been this year, both at majors and at WTA events.

If my girl ends up being #3 on the year I will feel no shame in tipping my hat to a pair of career Slam winners, one of whom is the best player of our era.

Break My Rapture
Sep 10th, 2012, 06:50 PM

See what I mean? Vika came really close. These tight matches against the best players only help players like Vika to keep improving.

Protoss
Sep 10th, 2012, 06:54 PM
I think the answer to the thread title is not quite enough. :p

tennisbum79
Sep 10th, 2012, 11:40 PM
Not enough, or they were too small.

They're gona have to use screewdriver size pin next time if they want to have any effect.