PDA

View Full Version : Tipsarevic continues to be pressed about women's tennis

Pages : [1] 2

Joana
Sep 3rd, 2012, 11:40 PM
https://twitter.com/TipsarevicJanko

I don't really care about equal pay that much, but he does have some issues apparently. Chill out, dude.

blackandblue
Sep 3rd, 2012, 11:46 PM

I don't really care about equal pay that much, but he does have some issues apparently. Chill out, dude.

Just playng Devil's Advocate here: Would it have been fair to tell Venus or Billie Jean King to "chill out" when they were pressing for equal pay?

DragonFlame
Sep 3rd, 2012, 11:46 PM
Done with that dude, what a dick. Such an unprofessional attitude on his twitter, it's laughable. The sooner he's out of the top10 the better.

joão.
Sep 3rd, 2012, 11:50 PM
Ok,so how many idiot do we have here thinking that,Wiliams,Stosur,Kirilenko,Li,Sharapova..ets(wh o are fitter then most of us guys)

He better mention Queen Kiri :angel:

Charlatan
Sep 3rd, 2012, 11:50 PM
some of the replies to him are epic :hysteric:

mckyle.
Sep 3rd, 2012, 11:52 PM
Why is it still okay to be so openly sexist these days? Incredible.

Cosmic Voices
Sep 3rd, 2012, 11:52 PM
Is this actually real :tape:
Janko is such a fucking moron

misty1
Sep 3rd, 2012, 11:54 PM
guy really needs to move on . He's really only making himself look like a sexist ass now

NashaMasha
Sep 3rd, 2012, 11:55 PM
He better mention Queen Kiri

he will lose some teeth in that case....

Cajka
Well done, Jankela. Insulting your Twitter followers if they disagree with you is just what will make your points look valid. :worship:

dybbuk
Just playng Devil's Advocate here: Would it have been fair to tell Venus or Billie Jean King to "chill out" when they were pressing for equal pay?

Neither Venus nor BJ started openly calling random people idiots. They didn't need to chill out.

Rocketta
Sep 4th, 2012, 12:10 AM
Wow, he's such a pussy on top of being an idiot. Did he really say 'unfollow' him if you think he's a dick? :scratch:

OK, dick here's a clue not everyone thinks your dick dictactes anything and may choose to continue to follow you to remind you of what a dick your small dick really is whenever they feel like it. :shrug:

Cajka
Sep 4th, 2012, 12:14 AM
Wow, he's such a pussy on top of being an idiot. Did he really say 'unfollow' him if you think he's a dick? :scratch:

OK, dick here's a clue not everyone thinks your dick dictactes anything and may choose to continue to follow you to remind you of what a dick your small dick really is whenever they feel like it. :shrug:

Exactly, he decided to say something controversial on social network, but he can't stand any type of criticism. What's the point then?!

gc-spurs
Sep 4th, 2012, 12:31 AM
I'd consider his argument if it was better than 'we work harder'....

Hey Janko, want more prize money? Win.

debopero
Sep 4th, 2012, 12:34 AM
When he gets looses early he will still be paid a hefty sum regardless of how much the women make :shrug: .

jrm
Sep 4th, 2012, 12:35 AM
obviously more going on than we know ... comments seem to be a targeting someone, but who in particular?

debopero
Sep 4th, 2012, 12:36 AM

Venus and BJK never went out of their way to malign male tennis players. He has done this for years. Some of his remarks have been unfounded and crass. Perhaps there are good arguments to defend why men should be paid more, but he has never made any of them.

pov
Sep 4th, 2012, 12:44 AM

How many of you…...think that woman play 16 instead of 18 holes in golf?Please stand up and…well you know the drill..:)
:lol: I agree with him. There is no valid reason that women can't also play best-of-5.

Rocketta
Sep 4th, 2012, 12:46 AM
When he gets looses early he will still be paid a hefty sum regardless of how much the women make :shrug: .

People who only care that someone makes or does worse than them are some of the most miserable people to be around. Their entire self-esteem is wrapped around 'being better than' usually in all facets of their life but usually I think deep down they fear they are not good enough to be better than anyone.

I mean truly if you are spending your deep thinking time on making yourself better so you can make more money by winning more do you have time to worry about what a woman makes on another court that has nothing to do with you? I don't think so. I feel for his parent's because clearly they raised a schmuck!

Rocketta
Sep 4th, 2012, 12:50 AM
:lol: I agree with him. There is no valid reason that women can't also play best-of-5.

nor is there any reason men can't play best of 3? :confused:

BTW, how would he know who works harder winning a slam as he has never won one? Clearly it's him who is either not working hard enough or is just not good enough to succeed at the highest levels on his own tour.... maybe he should concentrate on that first before taking someone elses inventory, ie every WTA player.

davidmario
Sep 4th, 2012, 12:51 AM
I couldnt resist but tweet: "@TipsarevicJanko so start winning slams and become relevant to the world of tennis, that way you would earn more than most of the girls ;) "

Yall better retweet! ;)

Sean.
Sep 4th, 2012, 12:53 AM
I wonder which WTA player rejected him? I'd go with most of the top 20!

dybbuk
Sep 4th, 2012, 12:55 AM

The ATP would never in a million years agree to letting them play five sets in a Slam. Some women like BJK have already said in the past they'd be willing to. For him to even bring that up is dishonest, because everyone can see the ATP would throw a fit. They already complain about women taking up courts now, they would have aneurysms if women started playing best of five.

I don't know why people even give Tipsarevic the attention he so desperately wants. The thing with guys like Tipsarevic is they're always change the criteria if they lose an argument. If women play a longer match then men, it's about ratings and ticket sales. If a women's match gets better worldwide ratings and attendance, it's about how long the match lasts and the effort put into it. They will never be convinced, because no matter what they'll move the goalposts so they can never be wrong. It's pointless arguing with him.

tennisrules
Sep 4th, 2012, 01:02 AM
The ATP would never in a million years agree to letting them play five sets in a Slam. Some women like BJK have already said in the past they'd be willing to. For him to even bring that up is dishonest, because everyone can see the ATP would throw a fit. They already complain about women taking up courts now, they would have aneurysms if women started playing best of five.

I don't know why people even give Tipsarevic the attention he so desperately wants. The thing with guys like Tipsarevic is they're always change the criteria if they lose an argument. If women play a longer match then men, it's about ratings and ticket sales. If a women's match gets better worldwide ratings and attendance, it's about how long the match lasts and the effort put into it. They will never be convinced, because no matter what they'll move the goalposts so they can never be wrong. It's pointless arguing with him.

This is pretty much the only thing that needs to be said. You nailed it completely.

Tipsy is a clown. Nor can he take criticism, hence his childish "unfollow me" rant.

This guy seriously needs a hobby - he has a very unhealthy obsession with the fact that women get equal pay.

MakarovaFan
Sep 4th, 2012, 01:07 AM
Okay i don't have a twitter but can someone please tetweet him.....i loved how he post GSM Serena 60 60 #equalprizemoney yet he fails to mention the Djokovi/Fed scores all event long......some retweet Novak's scorelines to him asap!

Sean.
Sep 4th, 2012, 01:11 AM
Okay i don't have a twitter but can someone please tetweet him.....i loved how he post GSM Serena 60 60 #equalprizemoney yet he fails to mention the Djokovi/Fed scores all event long......some retweet Novak's scorelines to him asap!

Cronin already did.

Massive respect to him for that!

M.P
Sep 4th, 2012, 01:12 AM
knew him gonna say something while he needed to play a 5-set R1 against a French WC

Matej
Sep 4th, 2012, 01:13 AM
The crucial factor should NOT be the amount of effort, but the willingness to pay. If spectators, sponsors etc. are willing to pay more for viewing men´s matches than women´s matches, then -- obviously -- men´s rewards for playing tennis should be higher than women´s rewards (and vice versa).

There should not be any cross-subsidies between men´s and women´s professional tennis.

Rocketta
Sep 4th, 2012, 01:29 AM
The crucial factor should NOT be the amount of effort, but the willingness to pay. If spectators, sponsors etc. are willing to pay more for viewing men´s matches than women´s matches, then -- obviously -- men´s rewards for playing tennis should be higher than women´s rewards (and vice versa).

There should not be any cross-subsidies between men´s and women´s professional tennis.

so if a female player goes out and seduces a billionaire to pay the women twice as much as the men then that's ok, right because someone is willing to pay more for the women. Btw, when do they ask this question? Before the tournaments or after? Also if you answer one sex or the other are you then prohibited from viewing the other sex's matches?

I want to know how could that question be asked accurately, and scientifically? Is it a fair question to ask in areas where women are not respected as equal? Hell Women in the US, still only make $.70 to every $1 a man makes for the same exact job... are we suppose to ask the establishment who keeps those numbers where they are who they want to watch? Do you not think the mere thought of such a question and prospect of pay would garner competition and have some answer the question one way or the other just to support their same sex?

LoLex
Sep 4th, 2012, 01:30 AM
He still gets so many responses :facepalm:

NashaMasha
Sep 4th, 2012, 01:31 AM
Somebody should tweet him his relevance vs top women players
http://www.google.com/trends/?q=janko+tipsarevic,+maria+sharapova,+serena+willi ams&ctab=0&geo=us&geor=all&date=all&sort=0

Nobody cares about him as a player, but now he is becoming more "popular" for his gender discrimination

tennisrules
Sep 4th, 2012, 01:35 AM
Maybe he got pissed when he found out Laura Robson just passed him in Twitter followers during this tournament. Maybe it set him off.:lol:

Matej
Sep 4th, 2012, 01:48 AM

so if a female player goes out and seduces a billionaire to pay the women twice as much as the men then that's ok, right because someone is willing to pay more for the women. Btw, when do they ask this question? Before the tournaments or after? Also if you answer one sex or the other are you then prohibited from viewing the other sex's matches?

I want to know how could that question be asked accurately, and scientifically? Is it a fair question to ask in areas where women are not respected as equal? Hell Women in the US, still only make $.70 to every $1 a man makes for the same exact job... are we suppose to ask the establishment who keeps those numbers where they are who they want to watch? Do you not think the mere thought of such a question and prospect of pay would garner competition and have some answer the question one way or the other just to support their same sex?

Well, which tournaments get more revenues (from sponsors, spectators etc.)? Men´s tournaments, or women´s tournaments?

This could be a fairly good approximation to the question how men and women should be rewarded at grandslam tournaments.

ptkten
Sep 4th, 2012, 02:00 AM
I understand the ATP player's frustration because at 3 of the 4 majors, the ticket prices are higher for the later rounds of the men's event than they are for the women's event so they are producing more ticket revenue for three of the Slams. With that being said, I still don't agree with them because it's important for tennis to try to promote equality in sports regardless and it's impossible to completely measure the amount of revenue men and women bring to the overall tournament.

Also, Tipsarevic is an attention whore and always has been. He has really gone off the deep end on this issue. While most of the ATP players agree with him, they probably wish he would keep his mouth shut because he makes the ones that aren't as overtly sexist look bad :lol:

JamieOwen3
Sep 4th, 2012, 02:05 AM
Is he having Marriage problems or something? Is this a way of him letting his frustrations out? He comes out with that after Serena wins but where's the mention that the night b4 in the same round Maria and Nadia played a 3 set match that lasted over 2 hours?

NashaMasha
Sep 4th, 2012, 02:05 AM
I understand the ATP player's frustration because at 3 of the 4 majors, the ticket prices are higher for the later rounds of the men's event than they are for the women's event so they are producing more ticket revenue for three of the Slams.

it has never affected Tipsarevic as he has never been in SF . He didn't lose a penny for that reason

Matej
Sep 4th, 2012, 02:08 AM
By the way, I like women´s tennis with all its current shortcomings :hearts:, but let´s face it: the majority of women from the top 100 can´t serve, can´t play a slice, proper volley or overhead, they´re often quite unfit and their matches are often quite ugly error-fests.

Men´s and women´s tennis are completely different sports.

So the only reason why women should get the same rewards as men could be that their sport enjoys the same popularity and gets the same amount of revenues as men´s tennis.

For example, there´s nothing sexist at all about the fact that male basketball players from NBA are rewarded much higher than female basketball players -- once again, these are two completely different sports and male basketball is incomparably more popular than female basketball.

Vespertine69
Sep 4th, 2012, 02:09 AM
I actually don't think Janko said anything that bad here unless I missed a tweet... to be honest, I prefer his position to all the goons that seem to think women somehow couldn't play best of 5 sets. He gave golf as an example, but I think maybe a marathon is a better example. Men and women run the same endurance races... men can do it a little faster due to biological advantages, but women don't run "3/4 lady marathons" because they are delicate little flowers who might wilt from the effort.

At least he is taking the time to note that the women do work hard on fitness too... but he's still obviously phrasing things like a fool and wading in where it will never ever do any good. And while I don't take exception particularly to what he's saying here, he has a past record of displaying some really unattractive opinions.

On a selfish level, it makes me sad that Tipsarevic can be such a douche - he's pretty hot and moderately entertaining and I like his game... but his attitude kind of sours the whole thing.

PS - For the record, I'd everyone to play best of 3 sets... I get bored of watching all but the most amazing best of 5 matches and so many of them are 6-1/1/2 type wins for the top guys anyway. (Actually this USO has been way more close earlier matches for a lot of guys, but usually more snooze-fests I think.)

Jimmy Dragoon
Sep 4th, 2012, 02:21 AM
I'm confused -- there is no blue check mark by his name so how do we know that is actually him? As in that account has not been verified.

lefty24
Sep 4th, 2012, 02:28 AM
I'm confused -- there is no blue check mark by his name so how do we know that is actually him? As in that account has not been verified.

He's not relevant enough to be verified.

goldenlox
Sep 4th, 2012, 02:29 AM
I didnt think he was hating on WTA. He was saying the obvious.
From a pure tennis standpoint, the men are better players and have to win a lot more sets for equal pay.

But when majors first started letting pros play in the late 1960's, the women got much less.
The equal pay had to do with cultural changes.
Now it would be bad publicity for a major to make the women's prizemoney a few percentage points less. It wouldnt be worth it to these ITF oligarchies who run majors.

But he's not wrong. If you allowed everyone into the same 256 draw, the men would make most of the prizemoney.

These women are very fortunate. No other women athletes get paid like this.

The ATP & WTA should be working together to get more prizemoney from these ITF bodies who run majors, and keep 85% of the profits.

I dont understand why the men dont grasp this

b_o_r
Sep 4th, 2012, 02:31 AM

So true...he wasn't posting that #equalprizemoney crap when Djokovic d. Lorenzi 6-1-6-0 6-1

NashaMasha
Sep 4th, 2012, 02:36 AM
By the way, I like women´s tennis with all its current shortcomings :hearts:, but let´s face it: the majority of women from the top 100 can´t serve, can´t play a slice, proper volley or overhead, they´re often quite unfit and their matches are often quite ugly error-fests.

So the only reason why women should get the same rewards as men could be that their sport enjoys the same popularity and gets the same amount of revenues as men´s tennis.

For example, there´s nothing sexist at all about the fact that male basketball players from NBA are rewarded much higher than female basketball players -- once again, these are two completely different sports and male basketball is incomparably more popular than female basketball.

1)can Raonic slice, make drop shots? DTL from backhand? now let's check what Isner or Sam Querry can do?
2) basketball is another story , as there is no interest among the public to it, low TV ratings , not that long history etc

Tennis Fool
Sep 4th, 2012, 02:49 AM
I didnt think he was hating on WTA.
Of course he was hating on the WTA. His original inane comment was that Serena won 60 60, it wasn't about sets.

Raiden
Sep 4th, 2012, 03:08 AM
Okay i don't have a twitter but can someone please tetweet him.....i loved how he post GSM Serena 60 60 #equalprizemoney yet he fails to mention the Djokovi/Fed scores all event long......some retweet Novak's scorelines to him asap!6-0 6-0 is still different from 6-3 6-2 6-0 type results :shrug:

Having said that, Tipsy should shut-up about a 4th round Serena double bagel. He should wait until she scores 6-0 6-0 type result later on in the semi and/or the final - then he'll have a point (since it is out of the question that any of the men's top 4 are gonna start multi-bageling/breadsticking each other like the way it's been happening w/ the women all this year).

égalité
Sep 4th, 2012, 03:10 AM
Official Twitter account of the REAL Janko Tipsarevic....: )

Misogyny as defense mechanism against repressed homosexuality? :spit:

it-girl
Sep 4th, 2012, 03:10 AM
He is such a dumb azz. If anything I wish the men would play the best 2 out of 3 as well. I hate those extremely long marathon matches. Who really wants to pull a shift watching 1 tennis match.

égalité
Sep 4th, 2012, 03:12 AM
If a boxer wins a fight by knockout in the first round, they don't get paid less than if they go all twelve rounds, right? :unsure:

Also, I'm pretty sure playing 3-set matches and playing 5-set matches both require the same amount of training, working out, practice, etc. outside of the actual matches.

In The Zone
Sep 4th, 2012, 03:14 AM
If a boxer wins a fight by knockout in the first round, they don't get paid less than if they go all twelve rounds, right? :unsure:

Also, I'm pretty sure playing 3-set matches and playing 5-set matches both require the same amount of training, working out, practice, etc. outside of the actual matches.

I think you just won your argument. Tweet Janko!!

For example, does Kerber vs. Venus deserve more money than Djokovic's first three rounds COMBINED?

Simplicity.
Sep 4th, 2012, 03:15 AM
I have never heard a good reason for equal pay. I mean I don't play on the ATP tour, I don't care but there isn't a good reason for it.

Tennis Fool
Sep 4th, 2012, 03:16 AM
I have never heard a good reason for equal pay. I mean I don't play on the ATP tour, I don't care but there isn't a good reason for it.
It's not about equal pay. It's equal prize money for rounds won at Slams.

égalité
Sep 4th, 2012, 03:17 AM
I think you just won your argument. Tweet Janko!!

For example, does Kerber vs. Venus deserve more money than Djokovic's first three rounds COMBINED?

I don't tweet :oh: Do it for me? :D

Serenita
Sep 4th, 2012, 03:17 AM

http://i1194.photobucket.com/albums/aa364/edilou/10hkupf.gif

Vincey!
Sep 4th, 2012, 03:32 AM
Am I that stupid to think that there's better fight than trying to get more money than the women? LIKE getting more money for the challenger level, now you would really help men tennis. If you only give more money than the women there's a big chance that the big top 10 will have much of it and it won't change much in the bottom of the rankings. That guy is so obnoxious.

égalité
Sep 4th, 2012, 03:37 AM
I just don't understand why it bothers people :lol: It's not like the extra prize money that the women are receiving is being subtracted from the men's purse.

Chim
Sep 4th, 2012, 03:52 AM
Is this jerk even married? I don't know how he is treating his wife? He is unbelievable!!!:fiery:

reptar
Sep 4th, 2012, 03:56 AM
The ATP says its unfair that women play best of 2 but honestly the men wouldn't want the WTA to play best of 3. They say that the ATP generally draw more people than the women but they have to agree that some women draw a bigger crowd 80% of the ATP. Equal prize money is the way to go. Tennis is a unique sport in that both men and women garner attention.

And it's the title and the prize money. You win it. Take the Academy awards, you wouldn't say that a comedy movie doesn't deserve the best comedy award because the winner of best drama is better and sold more tickets. They're in different categories and they both deserve the recognition and the trophy.

macginity
Sep 4th, 2012, 04:08 AM
Women playing best of 5 sets won't happen. Slam organizers (and ITF, ATP, WTA, players and tv) probably don't want a 3 weeks tournament. 12 weeks per year only for slams is too much.
Somebody should ask him if he wants to play a 3 weeks tournament.
It is easier that men start to play best of 3 than women going to best of 5.

NashaMasha
Sep 4th, 2012, 04:14 AM
the best variant

1R - 4R - 3 sets
QF- F - 5 sets

metamorpha
Sep 4th, 2012, 04:14 AM
Is this jerk even married? I don't know how he is treating his wife? He is unbelievable!!!:fiery:

He gave his wife Mercedes Benz. Expecting her to shut up and obey his every whim. :angel: Tipsy doesn't like strong women, it seems.

Chance
Sep 4th, 2012, 04:24 AM
Exactly, he decided to say something controversial on social network, but he can't stand any type of criticism. What's the point then?!

the turd is a misogynist. Can dish it out but can't take it. No doubt he has a small penis:o

The sooner he is out of the top ten the better!

Valanga
Sep 4th, 2012, 04:26 AM
How is this vulture liked by any tennis fans?

JCTennisFan
Sep 4th, 2012, 04:54 AM
He is a closet case. He is both a Homophobe and thinks of women as "lesser". Does not take much thought to piece 2+2 together on that one.

Shaun:::
Sep 4th, 2012, 05:04 AM
hes like a bitch
and really annoying:o

tenn_ace
Sep 4th, 2012, 05:12 AM
“@melissab728: LMAO! RT @jojobcs: @TipsarevicJanko you just need a high five........in the face.... with a chair” HAHAHA.Great stuff!!

Bwahahahahaha wish I really see this bigot got it

hingis-seles
Sep 4th, 2012, 05:13 AM
The sport has peaks and troughs. Right now, the men are in a golden age and the women are a joke. But in the late 90s/early 00s, the women were in a golden age and the men were a joke. It happens.

As for these debates, we heard for years how the women's game was dominated by a small handful of players and there was no depth unlike the exciting men who are less predictable. Now when the situation is reversed, it's about how the women have no consistency or leader in the sport while the men are in a golden age. This is the hypocrisy of the media, for not highlighting the way they did with the women earlier that "the tournament doesn't begin till the SF".

tennisbum79
Sep 4th, 2012, 06:05 AM
Try again because this is a bad example.
There is no equivalency.

BJK and Venus never only sought superiority, only equality.

This is like comparing Nelson Mandela to apartheid leader and asking " if would have been fair to tell Mandela to chill out" because someone told the apartheid leaders to chill out.

You Nelson Mandela by Ghandi or Martin Luther King and their respective historical foes.

Tennis Fool
Sep 4th, 2012, 06:14 AM
The sport has peaks and troughs. Right now, the men are in a golden age and the women are a joke.
Really? Because I was thinking that this USO is really identical on both sides. Look at the mugs who made it into the 4th round on the men's side. Who's gonna be in the final? Novak/Federer(unless upset by Berdych)/Murray. This is the identical to having Sharapova/Azarenka/Serena.

tennisbum79
Sep 4th, 2012, 06:15 AM
The sport has peaks and troughs. Right now, the men are in a golden age and the women are a joke. But in the late 90s/early 00s, the women were in a golden age and the men were a joke. It happens.

Right.

But what you would note are the difference in reaction.

Even when " women were in a golden age and the men were a joke.", women were fighting for equality, NOT superiority.

Fast-forward to now, some of the vocal men are fighting are fighting superiority and have apparently chosen to undermine women as one of their strategy to drive their message home.

Imagine having Tipsarevic as brother-in law(married to your sister), with daughters only (your nieces).
What does he tell them? Venus made this very point in her letter to Wimbledon brass. Think about your daughters

Serena = GOAT
Sep 4th, 2012, 08:01 AM
He is right, though. WTA is a joke with Serena being the only worthwhile and relevant player.

C. Drone
Sep 4th, 2012, 08:16 AM
he is such a Serena stan. :lol:

anyway
Best of 5 is an outdated format and hurts the sport. There is your answer, Tipsy.

Raiden
Sep 4th, 2012, 08:51 AM
Really? Because I was thinking that this USO is really identical on both sides. Look at the mugs who made it into the 4th round on the men's side. What mugs? What are you smoking?

Only Martin Killzan is the odd one out in R4.

Everybody else is legit top 20 guy.

August
Sep 4th, 2012, 08:55 AM
anyway
Best of 5 is an outdated format and hurts the sport. There is your answer, Tipsy.

:spit: Bo5 is great, even in doubles, just thing about men's Wimby final this year. Bo3 is too short for slams.

NashaMasha
Sep 4th, 2012, 09:00 AM
He is right, though. WTA is a joke with Serena being the only worthwhile and relevant player.

ATP was a joke with Federer winning 3 Slams a Year in 2004, 2006, 2007, winning 2 Slams and being in other 2 Finals in 2009

The only year Serena was that dominating - 2002

Grigorpova
Sep 4th, 2012, 09:13 AM
I can't watch five set matches, they get so fucking boring :sobbing:

I couldn't even watch the last set of the AO men's final this year it was that boring.

Serena = GOAT
Sep 4th, 2012, 09:15 AM
ATP was a joke with Federer winning 3 Slams a Year in 2004, 2006, 2007, winning 2 Slams and being in other 2 Finals in 2009

The only year Serena was that dominating - 2002So WTA is great because they have armies of world number ones who have never won a slam or at most managed to squeeze out a fluke :lol:?

FORZA SARITA
Sep 4th, 2012, 09:26 AM
this loser still talks :lol: stay pressed scrub.

C. Drone
Sep 4th, 2012, 09:26 AM
:spit: Bo5 is great, even in doubles, just thing about men's Wimby final this year. Bo3 is too short for slams.

Not for me. Its a waste of time, especially in early rounds.
But fine, keep some tradition. :oh:

Other suggestions:
- All slam should play TB in 5th set.
- Mercy Rule: If a player cant win more than 3 games in 2 sets, dont play 3rd.
- Force the 20 second serving rule.
- Players should not be allowed to use their towels during games (before deuce, at least).

NashaMasha
Sep 4th, 2012, 09:28 AM
So WTA is great because they have armies of world number ones who have never won a slam or at most managed to squeeze out a fluke :lol:?

WTA has a bad period , but it's over

In ATP Nadal is injured and Mugray has won Olympics and has a chance to win a Slam

WTa was less lucky to have Serena, Maria, Kim injured , or recovering from injuries for a quite a long time

NashaMasha
Sep 4th, 2012, 09:31 AM
Force the 20 second serving rule.
- Players should not be allowed to use their towels during games (before deuce, at least).

sure -sure and we will have much more Chakvetadze's with ambulances on court

C. Drone
Sep 4th, 2012, 09:43 AM
sure -sure and we will have much more Chakvetadze's with ambulances on court

Not cool making fun of her.

MaBaker
Sep 4th, 2012, 10:06 AM
TF continues to be pressed about Janko Tipsarevic.

I'm starting to like him. Quality troll.

Patrick345
Sep 4th, 2012, 10:21 AM
TF continues to be pressed about Janko Tipsarevic.

I'm starting to like him. Quality troll.

Agreed.

At least own him and post that. For example somebody should have said that he should be grateful that he is ALLOWED to play best of five or he would have gone home in the first round to a player with EIGHT career main tour wins and a career high ranking of 129.

NashaMasha
Sep 4th, 2012, 10:27 AM
Not cool making fun of her.

not cool forcing players to play without short breaks.... After long rallies, if it's too hot or if it's 4th hour of the match they may take any reasonable breaks between points. We don't need these tragedies in tennis like in soccer

C. Drone
Sep 4th, 2012, 10:40 AM
not cool forcing players to play without short breaks.... After long rallies, if it's too hot or if it's 4th hour of the match they may take any reasonable breaks between points. We don't need these tragedies in tennis like in soccer

Dont play long rallies, try finish points in reasonable time. Problem solved.

Juju Nostalgique
Sep 4th, 2012, 10:47 AM
What a jealous jerk she is that girlie Tipsy... :weirdo:

matthias
Sep 4th, 2012, 10:49 AM
Tipsarevic should be nominated for TWAT 2013 :rocker:

jj74
Sep 4th, 2012, 10:49 AM
Well, he is not even trying to make an reasonable argument anymore. He is just saying his stupid sexist remarks maybe thinking the world is as little evolved as himself.
I think reading too much Nietzsche killed the few neurons he originally had

jrm
Sep 4th, 2012, 10:57 AM
women play like shit, should i watch them being shit in best of five

no, thanks :wavey:

LDL vs Oprandi in best of 5 :help:

azdaja
Sep 4th, 2012, 11:00 AM
well, grand slams are the final product you sell and women are a part of it, so you can argue that you should distribute the prize money equally among both men and women. but then you can also argue the same about singles and doubles etc. plus there is the problem with best of 3 vs best of 2. as somebody mentioned women run the same marathon distance as men while female tennis players essentially don't play the same game as men.

all other arguments for equal pay range from poor to simply ridiculous. and you can always read them in threads like this.

Jimmie48
Sep 4th, 2012, 11:01 AM
This guy has to be a closeted homosexual, it's the only reasonable explanation for his pathetic hate of women.

What a loser.

Marilyn Monheaux
Sep 4th, 2012, 11:01 AM
Tipsarevic should be nominated for TWAT 2013 :rocker:

Landslide victory! :worship:

FORZA SARITA
Sep 4th, 2012, 11:02 AM
women play like shit, should i watch them being shit in best of five

no, thanks :wavey:

LDL vs Oprandi in best of 5 :help:

please go to the left :facepalm:

matthias
Sep 4th, 2012, 11:03 AM
This guy has to be a closeted homosexual, it's the only reasonable explanation for his pathetic hate of women.

What a loser.

THIS
i agree 100%

stromatolite
Sep 4th, 2012, 11:04 AM
He's entitled to his opinion on this, but the way he expresses it makes it hard to take him even slightly seriously. The guy is an idiot.

Chrissie-fan
Sep 4th, 2012, 11:22 AM
Please. If the women played best of five he would be the first one to say that the public doesn't want to watch four hours worth of womens tennis. He would be the first one to complain that he had to wait for hours to get on court because the womens match went on too long. And he would as a result be the first one to suggest that the womens tournament should be played on the outside courts so that geniusses like him could play on the big courts all the time. In other words, he's just a beard with glasses and an oversized ego who can't get it up in a world where women aren't under his thumb.

stromatolite
Sep 4th, 2012, 11:29 AM
Please. If the women played best of five he would be the first one to say that the public doesn't want to watch four hours worth of womens tennis. He would be the first one to complain that he had to wait for hours to get on court because the womens match went on too long. And he would as a result be the first one to suggest that the womens tournament should be played on the outside courts so that geniusses like him could play on the big courts all the time. In other words, he's just a beard with glasses and an oversized ego who can't get it up in a world where women aren't under his thumb.

:yeah: ("You must spread some reputation around before ....").

Beat
Sep 4th, 2012, 11:39 AM
i don't even understand half of what he's saying. i mean "never! Live I go lowest ranked men plyrs before screaming women 3 sets when women firefighters/police, 2 delicate 5 sets " WTF does he mean?? :help:

GSMPrzysiezny
Sep 4th, 2012, 11:57 AM
Women do not bring the same revenue to the slam tournament (and are actually lucky to have their main events tradiotionally joined with men's), they play a game in which one of the key tennis rules is changed, and whereas in the men's case, the tennis speaks for itself, they need countless marketing campaigns to sell their sport based on their looks. Why doesnt WTA market women's tennis with showreels from matches? Because they are simply not as good at what they are doing as men, they provide a worse product and they have to go to great lengths to sell it in "a beautiful package". What they describe as equality in reality is an injustice from a moral perspective. Women get screwed over in many professions, that's obvious, but in this sport men are robbed and I understand their frustration. It's not even about money, Tipsarevic is not a Trump. but he's very rich anyway. It's about justice.

Pro men tennis players are too dumb to get their point across though and Tipsarevic, with his long history of controversial statements, is not a good spokesperson for these ideas.

The very top players are way too rich to even care and their sponsors wouldn't like them to say anything controversial. Head would be outraged if Djokovic started to criticise Sharapova. It's too big a business.

timafi
Sep 4th, 2012, 12:09 PM
who cares if Tipsarevic is stronger,hits bigger or can play a 5 hour match? does it make him mentally stronger than Serena? does it make him an ALL court and especially ALL surface player?
for him thinking he's so deserving of more $,he hasn't won shit worth the $
he has yet to win on ALL surfaces
he has yet to make the quarters on ALL surfaces
he has yet to win a Masters Series
YEC? NO!
DC? due to Djokovic

the same can be said about Gilles Simon

I'd rather watch 2006 Amelie Mauresmo >>>>>>>>>> any day Gilles Simon/Janko

Amelie's career:
2009 - Paris [Indoors]
2007 - Antwerp
2006 - Australian Open, Paris [Indoors], Antwerp, Wimbledon
2005 - Antwerp, Rome, Philadelphia, Tour Championships
2004 - Berlin, Rome, Montréal, Linz, Philadelphia
2003 - Warsaw, Philadelphia
2002 - Dubai, Montréal
2001 - Paris [Indoors], Nice, Amelia Island, Berlin
2000 - Sydney; 1999 - Bratislava; 1997

Finalist (23): 2007 - Dubai, Strasbourg, Eastbourne; 2006 - Doha, Beijing, Tour Championships; 2005 - Paris [Indoors], New Haven, Filderstadt; 2004 - Sydney, Amelia Island, Olympics, Filderstadt; 2003 - Paris [Indoors], Rome, Moscow, Tour Championships; 2001 - Rome; 2000 - Bol, Rome; 1999 - Australian Open, Paris [Indoors]; 1998 - Berlin.

DOUBLES
Winner (3): 2009 - Miami (w/Kuznetsova); 2006 - Eastbourne (w/Kuznetsova); 2000 - Linz (w/Rubin)
2004 Silver Medal at the Olympics
2003 Fed Cup

Gilles's career:
Singles Career Titles (10):
2012 (1) Bucharest (Outdoor/Clay)
2011 (2) Hamburg (Outdoor/Clay) , Sydney (Outdoor/Hard)
2010 (1) Metz (Indoor/Hard)
2009 (1) Bangkok (Indoor/Hard)
2008 (3) Bucharest (Outdoor/Clay) , Indianapolis (Outdoor/Hard) , Casablanca (Outdoor/Clay)
2007 (2) Bucharest (Outdoor/Clay) , Marseille (Indoor/Hard)

Singles Career Finalist (2):
2008 (1) ATP Masters Series Madrid (Indoor/Hard)
2006 (1) Valencia (Outdoor/Clay)

Janko Tipsarevic:
Singles Career Titles (3):

2012 (1) Stuttgart (Outdoor/Clay)
2011 (2) Moscow (Indoor/Hard) , Kuala Lumpur (Indoor/Hard)

Singles Career Finalist (7):
2012 (2) Gstaad (Outdoor/Clay) , Chennai (Outdoor/Hard)
2011 (3) St. Petersburg (Indoor/Hard) , Eastbourne (Outdoor/Grass) , Delray Beach (Outdoor/Hard)

2010 (1) s-Hertogenbosch (Outdoor/Grass)
2009 (1) Moscow (Indoor/Hard)
Doubles Career Titles (1):
2012 (1) Chennai (w/Paes, Outdoor/Hard)
David Cup: 2010

fuck Tipsaveric and fuck Simon

GSMPrzysiezny
Sep 4th, 2012, 12:23 PM
who cares if Tipsarevic is stronger,hits bigger or can play a 5 hour match? does it make him mentally stronger than Serena? does it make him an ALL court and especially ALL surface player?
for him thinking he's so deserving of more $,he hasn't won shit worth the $
he has yet to win on ALL surfaces
he has yet to make the quarters on ALL surfaces
he has yet to win a Masters Series
YEC? NO!
DC? due to Djokovic

the same can be said about Gilles Simon

:lol: Could you think for a while before you post something? Thanks.

Belmont Lad
Sep 4th, 2012, 12:25 PM

This.

Ferg
Sep 4th, 2012, 12:26 PM
The guy is a homophobic, sexist piece of shit. Nuff said. Sooner people start ignoring him the better. Hes an embarrassment to the game.

Simplicity.
Sep 4th, 2012, 12:29 PM
Try again because this is a bad example.
There is no equivalency.

BJK and Venus never only sought superiority, only equality.

This is like comparing Nelson Mandela to apartheid leader and asking " if would have been fair to tell Mandela to chill out" because someone told the apartheid leaders to chill out.

You Nelson Mandela by Ghandi or Martin Luther King and their respective historical foes.

Equality is 66% of the prize money men make for slams.

Dav.
Sep 4th, 2012, 12:30 PM

What a loser.

Exactly.

Simplicity.
Sep 4th, 2012, 12:31 PM

What a loser.

When Serena was trying to get 'equal' money why did no one say this about her? Really funny how blind some are.

VIKA?
Sep 4th, 2012, 12:34 PM
What a dick this dude is. I hope Kohlschreiber sends him back to Serbia.

Michalka
Sep 4th, 2012, 12:35 PM
When Serena was trying to get 'equal' money why did no one say this about her? Really funny how blind some are.

what?

Belmont Lad
Sep 4th, 2012, 12:38 PM
"Some narcissists are raised by weak or inaccessible mothers and harsh, rigid, or sadistic fathers. They tend to bond with males in male settings and to seek empathy, warmth, support, secure friendship, and love among their male peers. This macho bonding masks repressed and latent homosexual tendencies.

Terrified of these homosexual tendencies, these narcissists are besieged by feelings of guilt and inadequacy. They become extreme and virulent misogynists."

------------------------

Sound like someone we know? :lol:

Simplicity.
Sep 4th, 2012, 12:44 PM
"Some narcissists are raised by weak or inaccessible mothers and harsh, rigid, or sadistic fathers. They tend to bond with males in male settings and to seek empathy, warmth, support, secure friendship, and love among their male peers. This macho bonding masks repressed and latent homosexual tendencies.

Terrified of these homosexual tendencies, these narcissists are besieged by feelings of guilt and inadequacy. They become extreme and virulent misogynists."

------------------------

Sound like someone we know? :lol:

Care to explain how it is extreme what he is doing here.

If you work 9 hours in a day at your job and get paid $200 and I work 6 hours at my job and get paid $200, would you say anything? If you complained (and I bet you have over much less probably, most people do), does that make you an extremist?

ajmo!
Sep 4th, 2012, 12:47 PM
wait, how many atp tournaments has he won again? how many grands slam sf's has he played?
he's just irrelevant, worst player in top 10 in history of atp

KournikovaFan91
Sep 4th, 2012, 12:48 PM
The question should be asked as why he is so obsessed with the women's game :lol:

Also he retires at the drop of a hat in matches, like that Eastbourne final, frankly lecturing people on effort is a bit much coming from a loser like him.

PhilePhile
Sep 4th, 2012, 12:54 PM
Care to explain how it is extreme what he is doing here.

If you work 9 hours in a day at your job and get paid $200 and I work 6 hours at my job and get paid $200, would you say anything? If you complained (and I bet you have over much less probably, most people do), does that make you an extremist?

Maybe he should request to work 6 hours for $200 then instead of bashing women. :hehehe:

Simplicity.
Sep 4th, 2012, 12:55 PM
Maybe he should request to work 6 hours for $200 then instead of bashing women. :hehehe:

Are you proposing a sex change? ;)

Dav.
Sep 4th, 2012, 12:56 PM

I wish I could find the JJ Pocahontas gif.

PhilePhile
Sep 4th, 2012, 01:05 PM
Are you proposing a sex change? ;)

If it pleases him. But I don't think that's necessary unless he thinks a manly man has to play a best out of five sets match. That's his problem then. Is it not?

jj74
Sep 4th, 2012, 01:09 PM

You are equating fighting for having the same rights (the SAME rights) to insult and disrespect your female coleagues. I think you are the blind here

hurricanejeanne
Sep 4th, 2012, 01:10 PM
I'd call him a dick but that would imply he has one, which I feel it's pretty obvious he's all bravado. I wonder if this is how he views his mother and wife and other female members of his family.

As one already said, it's pretty hilarious that a man who retires match point down in matches out of no where is lecturing other players about effort levels.
Also, I don't know how many times while watching a men's best of five set have I heard a commentator make the observation that player so-and-so is just going to tank this set because he'll need the energy for the next set. And for every beatdown a top player gives a lower ranked opponent there are those long, hard fought matches on both tours, but when it comes to the WTA, guys like this forget about those matches easily.

cehowardrx7
Sep 4th, 2012, 01:16 PM
IMHO,Tipsarevic is the DENNIS RODMAN of Tennis...Sheesh! :(

gulzhan
Sep 4th, 2012, 01:17 PM
I don't understand why you, guys, disagree or pretend to disagree that having equal prize money for ATP and WTA is at least unfair (if not to say ridiculous :tape:)? It's objective reality and Simon and Tipsarevic are just messengers :shrug: Because your beloved Roger (who thinks the same I am sure) can not allow himself politically questionable statements :lol:

My daughter went to a tennis tourney for the first time at this USO, she came to the field and immediately picked the match she wanted to watch-- Fognini vs Roger Vasselin ;) Then I made her to go to watch a bit of Stephens vs Schiavone (Foginin was two sets down at that point), she came, she watched, then she said-- no, mom, after Fabio and Roger THIS is impossible to watch :rolls: And left, and watched an amazing 5-setter :worship: She is 16 yo btw.

Men's tennis is more watchable and hence, should be paid more. If WTA will not agree to change prize money allocation, all we will get is that we will no further have joint tournaments except for GSs. And I personally like joint events. I wanted to go to Miami, to Roma. I happen to like both women and men tennis. Yet, I am an honest person and can't deny the fact that majority of fans prefers men's tennis.

Ferg
Sep 4th, 2012, 01:20 PM
I don't understand why you, guys, disagree or pretend to disagree that having equal prize money for ATP and WTA is at least unfair (if not to say ridiculous :tape:)? It's objective reality and Simon and Tipsarevic are just messengers :shrug: Because your beloved Roger (who thinks the same I am sure) can not allow himself politically questionable statements :lol:

My daughter went to a tennis tourney for the first time at this USO, she came to the field and immediately picked the match she wanted to watch-- Fognini vs Roger Vasselin ;) Then I made her to go to watch a bit of Stephens vs Schiavone (Foginin was two sets down at that point), she came, she watched, then she said-- no, mom, after Fabio and Roger THIS is impossible to watch :rolls: And left, and watched an amazing 5-setter :worship: She is 16 yo btw.

Men's tennis is more watchable and hence, should be paid more. If WTA will not agree to change prize money allocation, all we will get is that we will no further have joint tournaments except for GSs. And I personally like joint events. I wanted to go to Miami, to Roma. I happen to like both women and men tennis. Yet, I am an honest person and can't deny the fact that majority of fans prefers men's tennis.

Hmm, your 16 year old daughter wanted to watch Fabio Fognini, and you think it was just for the tennis?

ananke
Sep 4th, 2012, 01:22 PM
I have no opinion on this issue, as both sides have some good points, but this guy... wow, what an obnoxious ass.

gulzhan
Sep 4th, 2012, 01:24 PM
I also think it has nothing with attitude to women in general. It's strictly a business issue. Taking this issue on the level to "hating" or "respecting" women is low. Sorry, guys, but arguments about doctors/lawyers/cab drivers does not fly either cause they work in joint market, women enter the same market as men. Tennis players work in different markets, you do understand this, right? At joint event fans and sponsors HAVE TO pay for both men and women matches, they have to buy joint product so to speak.

le bon vivant
Sep 4th, 2012, 01:28 PM
Misogyny as defense mechanism against repressed homosexuality? :spit:Definitely. Tipsarevic is a obviously a repressed gay man :lol:

bandabou
Sep 4th, 2012, 01:32 PM
Hmm, your 16 year old daughter wanted to watch Fabio Fognini, and you think it was just for the tennis?

:lol: :secret:

flareon
Sep 4th, 2012, 01:34 PM
He has a point but should not brand it over twitter.... :o :o he does indeed need to stay pressed....

cehowardrx7
Sep 4th, 2012, 01:38 PM
IMen's tennis is more watchable and hence, should be paid more.

Wrong, and it is sexist too.

I watch the women 10 to 1 over the men, and I am sure a lot of others feel the same way.

Just like your reasons against equal pay, are the same reasons they don't want to pay women in the public sector for the same work a man does. That is wrong. Period!!

And please, don't base your reasoning on what your little girl choses to watch.. That has no credence whatsoever!!

Cajka
Sep 4th, 2012, 01:38 PM

What other reason can it be? :shrug:

http://i51.tinypic.com/35dc7rb.png

:oh:

azdaja
Sep 4th, 2012, 01:40 PM
You are equating fighting for having the same rights (the SAME rights) to insult and disrespect your female coleagues. I think you are the blind here
the most ridiculous notion is that this has anything to do with the fight for equal rights (except symbolically). it's about money. a professional sport is a business and i don't think you can demand equal pay in professional sports. you can frame it as a fight for equality of genders but imo it's not like that at all.

the thing is that the only ones who significantly profit from equa prize money at slams are the ones who don't need it at all - top female players. lower ranked female players who normally play smaller wta events earn much less than similarly ranked men simply because men have more prize money in smaller events. so, the side effect was that it has actually created more inequality on wta.

gulzhan
Sep 4th, 2012, 01:41 PM

If part of it was not for tennis, I am glad :lol: Girl has good taste in men ;) She did comment on tennis aspects too though, she used to play tennis very well. No need to repeat obvious-- service, speed of rallies, much less UEs, mental stability, all these things that make men's tennis more watchable, more enjoyable.

Again, I personally like women's tennis. But I do go to GSs and can objectively judge what matches are more popular. You'd have a line for a match between No.50 and No.60 of ATP when the court of No.1 of WTA will be completely empty. That's a fact. Why WTA fans are so touchable about it? Why to insult the messengers?! Why not to try to find other arguments for equal money if you are so determined to argue for it?

Pvt. Kovalenko
Sep 4th, 2012, 01:52 PM
It's his way to stay relevant. Ones have talent, others have this...

He's a jerk, no doubt. But I'm sure that, the majority of the ATP players, think the same way..

So, how about this: ATP decide that ALL matches of ALL tournaments, will be a 5 set match? From Challengers to Grand Slams, from ATP 250 to Master Series.

Then, they can complain about this...

Beat
Sep 4th, 2012, 01:53 PM
Men's tennis is more watchable and hence, should be paid more.

says who? again, a totally flawed and purely subjective argumentation, which would also mean that the winner of a shit match should be paid less than the winner of a good match.

Olórin
Sep 4th, 2012, 01:58 PM
I also think it has nothing with attitude to women in general. It's strictly a business issue. Taking this issue on the level to "hating" or "respecting" women is low. Sorry, guys, but arguments about doctors/lawyers/cab drivers does not fly either cause they work in joint market, women enter the same market as men. Tennis players work in different markets, you do understand this, right? At joint event fans and sponsors HAVE TO pay for both men and women matches, they have to buy joint product so to speak.

It's not objective fact and apparently you don't seem to understand what a market is. As Grand Slams are not WTA or ATP events they are in fact a business market unto themselves. There is no "joint" product, tennis is the product - played by both genders. People buy tickets knowing they will get men's and women's tennis. That is the way it has always worked, since before you were born. You can't separate who is buying which tickets to see which players based on your own perceived notions of which is more in demand. If the tournaments wanted they could sell the TV rights for men's matches separately and charge more, but they don't - they sell the rights wholesale. Indicating that there isn't a great gulf in popularity and watchability.

Also, you seem to think that tennis is first) business second) sport. Um, no. Tennis is a sport of great champions first and foremost and that is why the US Open, for example, has been giving equal prize money since before tennis was business it is today. And that is why players like Tipsarevic stay mad, because they aren't champions, they aren't remarkable at what they do, they're working in the wrong climate for their jurassic mindsets.

Finally you're ridiculously naive and ignorant if you think attitudes towards women have nothing to do with these comments. How can such people expect to be taken seriously.

Stick to watching your child salivate over Fogini on the TV.

tripwires
Sep 4th, 2012, 02:01 PM
Who gives a shit about Tipsy and what he says? :lol:

bandabou
Sep 4th, 2012, 02:01 PM
:lol: Relax Janko...you got enough money. Relax...

Jimmie48
Sep 4th, 2012, 02:02 PM
She did comment on tennis aspects too though, she used to play tennis very well. No need to repeat obvious-- service, speed of rallies, much less UEs, mental stability, all these things that make men's tennis more watchable, more enjoyable.

That's your opinion, not a fact. Personally, I find men's tennis utterly boring.

Kasey
Sep 4th, 2012, 02:06 PM
What a douche....
He tries a little too much to stay relevant at least in the media, because he failed to do so on ATP tour.
Can't believe Eurosport agreed to promote him with those pathetic videos of Tipsy-time.

NashaMasha
Sep 4th, 2012, 02:09 PM
less UE in Mens tennis? really?

I'm sure Errani-Vinci-Radwanska are maiking less UE than Raonic and even Murray

Murray-Raonic was as boring as reading last year's newspaper with serve winners and UE

flareon
Sep 4th, 2012, 02:13 PM
What other reason can it be? :shrug:

http://i51.tinypic.com/35dc7rb.png

What a strong jaw bone, and his skin looks so smooth...

vuhvuh
Sep 4th, 2012, 02:15 PM
The shit he wrote on twitter mein Gott :facepalm: seriously I cant believe he is such an idiot! I wrote him something too. I wont to analyse much but just one thing. The AO boycott? WTF the prize money for winner is twice as big as like 5years ago? (or at USO I think its 2million dollars it was 4year agao million no?) we have economic crisis and they want more and more and Janko is even more greedy idiot. players get I dont how much more from sponsors then prize money they are sorry seriously idiots and not appropriate in this thing. most laughable thing he said men put more effort lol

Kasey
Sep 4th, 2012, 02:18 PM
What a strong jaw bone

:lol:
What on earth you're looking at?
There seems to be such a better view if you just scroll down a mouse a little bit to see what's below :angel:

Chrissie-fan
Sep 4th, 2012, 02:20 PM
That's your opinion, not a fact. Personally, I find men's tennis utterly boring.
I love men's tennis as much as women's tennis (well, almost ;)). But as a male I find their (and especially this character's) comments about women's tennis embarrasing.

flareon
Sep 4th, 2012, 02:26 PM
What on earth you're looking at?
There seems to be such a better view if you just scroll down a mouse a little bit to see what's below :angel:

I was looking at his facial features :angel:

lefty24
Sep 4th, 2012, 06:44 PM
If part of it was not for tennis, I am glad :lol: Girl has good taste in men ;) She did comment on tennis aspects too though, she used to play tennis very well. No need to repeat obvious-- service, speed of rallies, much less UEs, mental stability, all these things that make men's tennis more watchable, more enjoyable.

Again, I personally like women's tennis. But I do go to GSs and can objectively judge what matches are more popular. You'd have a line for a match between No.50 and No.60 of ATP when the court of No.1 of WTA will be completely empty. That's a fact. Why WTA fans are so touchable about it? Why to insult the messengers?! Why not to try to find other arguments for equal money if you are so determined to argue for it?

What utter bull shit. I was just at the Open on Sunday and I did not see anything you saw.
There were lines for a freaking early round woman's doubles match. I saw a bit of Novak in the morning and there were so many open seats. Even Roddicks match had some empty seats!
I can tell you that Robson vs. Laura had way more people watching than Gasquet vs. Ferrer has now.

Even after a long rain delay so many people came back to watch Maria.
Stop spewing made up shit.

Sammo
Sep 4th, 2012, 06:47 PM
He's the worst top 10 player ever

Rolling-Thunder
Sep 4th, 2012, 07:53 PM
He is quickly becoming a very annoying person. I am frankly sick of the equal pay argument. There will be those for it and those against it. There's only equal pay in the Slams. And the slams are far more than just the tennis. Much is not most of the money comes from the companies wanting to place their products before a large tv audience and not ticket sales. Not everyone is excited by a 5 set match, especially on much slower hard courts. a 3 set match can and is just as exciting and competitive as 5 setters. To each his own.

Back to the idiot at hand, Tipsarevic' attitude stinks and his twitter feed is so unprofessional and arrogant. He is acting like he has been a perennial top 10 player. Its a new thing for him, but clearly it has gone to his head. He's coming off like some prima donna.

I hate these types of arguments. Instead of fighting over a slice of pie, why not bake more pies? Its the same nonsense in politics. Stop thinking that there is a limited pool of money. Expand and build a larger audience. Isn't it the same as those who tell others to STOP whining about what they do not have, and start working for or creating what you want? Generate more fans Tipsy and stop crying like a baby or a girl and you and the others can make more.

laurie
Sep 4th, 2012, 07:54 PM
Tipsarevic is one of the few guys who really get on my nerves. Last year in the Eastbourne final, I'm sure he retired when his opponent was serving for the match. In fact, I was there but his match against Seppi was so dull, I decided to catch the early train back to London. He's one of those guys I would not pay to watch, unlike a Tsonga or Berdych etc. Tipsarevic has done well to get where he has.

As for his comments, it just shows his ignorance, I wouldn't take much notice.

Rolling-Thunder
Sep 4th, 2012, 08:01 PM

For someone on this forum, you do sound very sexist or biased yourself. You are entitled to your opinion, but you seem so animated by the equal pay non-debate.

This is a non-issue. The Slams are NEVER going back on the equal pay issue.

Monica_Rules
Sep 4th, 2012, 08:03 PM
The ATP guys are just annoyed that the big 4 plus Del Potro and sometimes Tsonga win EVERYTHING so they can't get big sums of money.

Maybe learn to winmatches Janko and you'll get more money. DUmbass

mystic ice cube
Sep 4th, 2012, 08:16 PM
He's acting like a bit of an idiot but women receiving equal pay is a worthy debate in tennis. I'm not saying whether I'm for or against it, but there is points to be taken from each side.

That said - I never understood why a player like Tipsarevic is actually coming out and saying it. Does it effect his salary? No. If he had a real problem with it he should say it in the players council or to someone above than running his mouth.

Rolling-Thunder
Sep 4th, 2012, 08:20 PM
I'm sure this girly man is a secret homo-thug, bottom. He's very much into his body and image, he's a big time misogynist, has a big loud mouth, is short in stature and likely has a complex versus other men, but he takes it out on women. I am so over him.

Kasey
Sep 4th, 2012, 08:21 PM
I was looking at his facial features :angel:

Nah, those abs are better:drool:

jj74
Sep 4th, 2012, 08:26 PM
He's acting like a bit of an idiot but women receiving equal pay is a worthy debate in tennis. I'm not saying whether I'm for or against it, but there is points to be taken from each side.

That said - I never understood why a player like Tipsarevic is actually coming out and saying it. Does it effect his salary? No. If he had a real problem with it he should say it in the players council or to someone above than running his mouth.

Women don't recieve equal money on tennis (not even on the tournaments with men and women draws). They only recieve the same money on GS.
It's something more simbolic than other thing.

The money that women gain is not at men's cost, so this debate is totally fabricated, and yes, no matter how some people say, his comments are born in the tremendous disrespect he has for his female colegues (and it's nothing new).

I can give Simon the benefits of doubt, because he tried (and failed) to make an argument (i still think they want more money and they are using totally wrong arguments, maybe they are angry because women don't help with their demands, but a poorly exposed argument make them look as sexist), but Janko is simply a jerk.
Maybe right now he is more prominent in his comments because after years of dissapointing results (he was a promising junior) he finally found some notoriety, but the more he speaks the more that people will be upset with him.
Fortunately, his days are numbered, and he will probably out of top ten by next year, he has no weapons or mental streght to be in the top 10 for long.
And it's a pity that he is so stupid, because he has a nice game, not GS material, but nice

ivanban
Sep 4th, 2012, 09:41 PM

Cronin already did.

Massive respect to him for that!

If we're for equality and all then why don't women ask to play best of 5 like men? Equality isn't issue when things could get tougher?!

You say "Someone should retweet to Janko what Djokovic's scorelines were", but even if Djokovic triple bageled anyone he would still play 50% more than Serena did yesterday :shrug:

If women do other sports as men, why should tennis be different?

Tennis Fool
Sep 4th, 2012, 09:43 PM
If we're for equality and all then why don't women ask to play best of 5 like men? Equality isn't issue when things could get tougher?!

You say "Someone should retweet to Janko what Djokovic's scorelines were", but even if Djokovic triple bageled anyone he would still play 50% more than Serena did yesterday :shrug:

If women do other sports as men, why should tennis be different?
Men's matches should be best of 3. Thank goodness USO at least has a fifth-set tiebreak.

ivanban
Sep 4th, 2012, 09:46 PM
Women don't recieve equal money on tennis (not even on the tournaments with men and women draws). They only recieve the same money on GS.

The money that women gain is not at men's cost, so this debate is totally fabricated.

That's because, on average, men's matches are better attended than women's - thus making it easier to have bigger prize money.

ivanban
Sep 4th, 2012, 09:48 PM
Men's matches should be best of 3. Thank goodness USO at least has a fifth-set tiebreak.

I'm fine with that :yeah: I doubt there are many people who want to watch serve 5-set snooze-fests in men's matches

Either have them all play best of 3 or have them all play best of 5 :shrug: Simple as that

dybbuk
Sep 4th, 2012, 10:37 PM
I'm fine with that :yeah: I doubt there are many people who want to watch serve 5-set snooze-fests in men's matches

Either have them all play best of 3 or have them all play best of 5 :shrug: Simple as that

I've already covered this earlier in the thread. Demanding they play 5 sets is completely dishonest on any ATP players part. Multiple women have said they'd be willing to play 5 sets going all the way back to BJK. But the fact is the ATP would NEVER allow it because it would complicate scheduling more than it already is and make it harder on the men. Demanding 5 sets when they wouldn't agree to the women being allowed to play 5 sets is the height of dishonesty.

Likewise it's highly unlikely the men would ever agree to play best of 3. I've heard of all of one ATP player suggesting it (Davydenko).

ivanban
Sep 4th, 2012, 10:43 PM
I've already covered this earlier in the thread. Demanding they play 5 sets is completely dishonest on any ATP players part. Multiple women have said they'd be willing to play 5 sets going all the way back to BJK. But the fact is the ATP would NEVER allow it because it would complicate scheduling more than it already is and make it harder on the men. Demanding 5 sets when they wouldn't agree to the women being allowed to play 5 sets is the height of dishonesty.

Likewise it's highly unlikely the men would ever agree to play best of 3. I've heard of all of one ATP player suggesting it (Davydenko).

Who is ATP to allow it or not?!? Is WTA inferior so it must obey what ATP demands?!? If women want to play best of 5 at slams it's not their fault there isn't enough courts :shrug: Though, I highly doubt that more than 20% of WTA tour is fitness-wise capable to play 5 sets

JeMa
Sep 4th, 2012, 10:48 PM
Someone needs to remind him of all the tanking of sets that men do when they get broken, just to get on to the next set. That's not working hard, that's not fun to watch, the best of 5 sets is not always good sets of tennis. It gives the men chances to be lazy and uninteresting. The best mens tournament I've seen in a long time was the Olympics, the best of 3, the urgency was met at the first ball and if not c-ya.

JeMa
Sep 4th, 2012, 10:49 PM
Women used to play the best of 5 sets at the YEC. The last was with Steffi Graf in the late 90s.

tennis-insomniac
Sep 4th, 2012, 10:50 PM
Who is ATP to allow it or not?!? Is WTA inferior so it must obey what ATP demands?!? If women want to play best of 5 at slams it's not their fault there isn't enough courts :shrug: Though, I highly doubt that more than 20% of WTA tour is fitness-wise capable to play 5 sets

There are only 4 GSs in one year, if they have to, they can. Will the GSs allow them is another story, the schedule is already a mess as it already is, if women were to play five sets I'm sure a lot of execuive people will have problems with it.

Not if they can't, I can assure you but the authority will not allow it. I'm all for it and I have beliefs in the gals in WTA that they can do it too. (well, they've done in before in YEC haven't they?)

Maybe they can try in GS finals first, like the guys do it in the Olympic, but still if women are to play 5 sets all tournament long, A LOT has to change and it will mostly be from the tournament's part not the girls'.

Oh and for Tipsy, even if he knew all these things, he would still bash women's tennis because once a misogynist, it takes a lot more than education to fix it.

dybbuk
Sep 4th, 2012, 11:03 PM

Like the ATP throwing a hissy fit wouldn't influence things? Not to mention the Grand Slams themselves would be against it because, like I said before, it would massively complicate scheduling. They often times have trouble fitting tournaments into two weeks now, and add in WTA 5 setters? They can't just say to the Slams one day that they're going to start playing 5 sets, so find a way to accomodate them. Even if the WTA wanted to do it they simply wouldn't be allowed to put it into practice. I don't think anyone here is naive enough to think otherwise. So since the WTA won't be allowed to play 5 sets anytime in the near future, and the ATP won't play 3 sets anytime in the near future, bringing up sets played as a requirement for equal prize money is just underhanded and cheap.

mystic ice cube
Sep 4th, 2012, 11:15 PM
I would understand for example, if an WTA non-GS event brought in the crowds that an ATP event does, but the fact of the matter is it doesn't. Ticket prices are inflated because of it also.

I think this ultimately comes down to economics. Supply & demand. Regardless of the fact this is about male or female, this is a sport like any other. The bigger audience that wants to see something, the more money that is produced for the event. Players should be entitled to a bigger piece of the action as they they draw higher figures. Obvious example? Football. If a vast majority of people stopped watching the English Premier League the players salaries would nosedive. I think it's at least a decent argument to consider.

There is also the argument that Women don't play as long as men in GS events & such, but I don't read into that. I'm all for equality in gender rights but I think in this case it's more down to the viewer. I still believe Tipsarevic is an idiot because it isn't up to him to pursue this.

@danieln1
Sep 4th, 2012, 11:16 PM
Again, who?

All I know he´s a vulture.

HippityHop
Sep 5th, 2012, 12:16 AM
He is such a dumb azz. If anything I wish the men would play the best 2 out of 3 as well. I hate those extremely long marathon matches. Who really wants to pull a shift watching 1 tennis match.

I agree. Some fool tried to make the case that it's easier to defeat the top male players in three sets than in five sets. Well tough titty. If the top men can't step it up and win in 3 sets then maybe they shouldn't be considered top players.

HippityHop
Sep 5th, 2012, 12:33 AM
Equality is 66% of the prize money men make for slams.

Bullshit. If tennis was played by the clock the way some other teams sports are, you might have a point. But two sets of women's tennis can last longer than three sets of men's tennis. If sets were say 20 minutes long with the person ahead winning that set, you'd have a point.

HippityHop
Sep 5th, 2012, 12:43 AM
less UE in Mens tennis? really?

I'm sure Errani-Vinci-Radwanska are maiking less UE than Raonic and even Murray

Murray-Raonic was as boring as reading last year's newspaper with serve winners and UE

After Wimby, I posted the stat for the women's matches from the R16 to the final and except for one match, all of the women had more winners than UEs.

August
Sep 5th, 2012, 01:15 AM

The only Bo5 matches I hate are those triple bagels. That's why I don't watch much top seeds in first week, instead watch matches like Gulbis v. Haas last week. But epic 5-setters are great, those matches would be nowhere so great if they were 3-setters. And slams should be about who's the best of all, that's why I think they should be Bo5 for men. So, I'd rather have Bo5 for women than Bo3 for men.

nealcaffrey
Sep 5th, 2012, 01:28 AM
these men should wish they do not have daughters and their daughters do not happen to take interest in tennis
can u imagine if venus had a daughter,she can tell her daughter than her mommy helped fight for equality in the tour
tipsy and simon, good luck telling ur daughters stories about how you made sure women got less

Bronx19
Sep 5th, 2012, 03:30 AM
Bullshit. If tennis was played by the clock the way some other teams sports are, you might have a point. But two sets of women's tennis can last longer than three sets of men's tennis

Yeah, like an asteroid can hit Earth. It can, but doesnt.

A mens three setter > Womens two setter 99.9% of the time.

NashaMasha
Sep 5th, 2012, 04:43 AM
Federer - Young - 95 min
Federer -Phau -90 min
Djokovic - Benneteau 97 min
Djokovic-Dutra Silva 99 min
Smycsek-Nishikori - 106 min
Dolgopolov - Wawrinka -110 min
Murray-Dodig - 111 min

in comparison women's 3 sets
Kirilenko-Hlavackova -172 min
Lepchenko - Johansson - 160 min
Kerber -Venus -165 min
Puchkova -Falconi -173 min

and even 2 sets
Begu- Soler-Espinosa -101 min
Konta - Babos - 108 min
Lucic-Martinez Sanches 108 min
Wickmayer-Parmentier 109 min
Errani-Kerber - 115 min
Hantuhova-Pavlucenkova - 113min
Cibulkova - Jovanovski - 118 min
Robson Clijsters - 126 min

(far not a complete list of long 2 set matches)

Something wrong with your delusional as hell 99,9 %

Bronx19
Sep 5th, 2012, 04:46 AM
Fail selections. You've taken the best players in the world v nobodies for the men and compared it to mug v mug womens.

Something is wrong alright.

NashaMasha
Sep 5th, 2012, 05:07 AM
Fail selections. You've taken the best players in the world v nobodies for the men and compared it to mug v mug womens.

but 99% are still wrong:lol:

Lets's take Wimbledon Quaterfinals
Federer- Youzhny 92 min 3 sets
Djokovic - Mayer- 105 min 3 sets
Tsonga Kohlschreiber 168 min (4 sets)

Women QF
Kerber-Lisicki -150 min
Paszek - Azarenka - 107 min
Radwanska-Kirilenko - 170 min

Malvina
Sep 5th, 2012, 07:19 AM

@TipsarevicJanko I hope you saw @vika7 fighting on Arthur Ashe stadium... Maybe think a before talking again ;)” Great match

Michalka
Sep 5th, 2012, 12:57 PM

@TipsarevicJanko I hope you saw @vika7 fighting on Arthur Ashe stadium... Maybe think a before talking again ;)” Great match

His posts on Twitter :lol: can't believe what a douchebag he is

HippityHop
Sep 5th, 2012, 01:50 PM
Yeah, like an asteroid can hit Earth. It can, but doesnt.

A mens three setter > Womens two setter 99.9% of the time.

The point is that you can't say that men do more work on court because of the number of sets. That only works if sets are on the clock.

HippityHop
Sep 5th, 2012, 01:53 PM
The only Bo5 matches I hate are those triple bagels. That's why I don't watch much top seeds in first week, instead watch matches like Gulbis v. Haas last week. But epic 5-setters are great, those matches would be nowhere so great if they were 3-setters. And slams should be about who's the best of all, that's why I think they should be Bo5 for men. So, I'd rather have Bo5 for women than Bo3 for men.

That's your opinion, not fact. Long doesn't mean epic (Isner/Mahut :help:). And why does it take 5 sets to show who's the best? :confused: That makes no sense.

Jane Lane
Sep 5th, 2012, 01:54 PM
He's unattractive inside, duh.

HippityHop
Sep 5th, 2012, 01:57 PM

But you jumped in on the argument that somehow women should get paid 66% of what the men (including the male mugs) get paid. That argument is based on 3 sets vs 5 sets. Once you start talking time spent on court, that argument collapses in on itself.

BuTtErFrEnA
Sep 5th, 2012, 02:09 PM
men and their ability to tank 2 sets and still win a match?? guadio/coria in a slam final?? in fact so many times there are matches where men tank a set to prepare for another set....how is that working harder :lol: and 5 sets doesn't mean the quality is good :tape:

ivanban
Sep 5th, 2012, 02:27 PM
men and their ability to tank 2 sets and still win a match?? guadio/coria in a slam final?? in fact so many times there are matches where men tank a set to prepare for another set....how is that working harder :lol: and 5 sets doesn't mean the quality is good :tape:

Uhmm, it's physically more demanding?!?! :shrug:

For me the question shouldn't be about equal pay, of course they should get same prize money. The real question should be "why man have to play best of 5 sets?" Make it all best of 3 (maybe best of 5 in the final) and that's it, end of story :rolleyes:

NashaMasha
Sep 5th, 2012, 02:31 PM

4th set is almost always = tanking

BuTtErFrEnA
Sep 5th, 2012, 02:39 PM

For me the question shouldn't be about equal pay, of course they should get same prize money. The real question should be "why man have to play best of 5 sets?" Make it all best of 3 (maybe best of 5 in the final) and that's it, end of story :rolleyes:

having the ability to tank 2 sets in a match doesn't mean i have to work harder :scratch: if a woman tanks 2 sets....well the match is over...only 3 players i don't really see tanking sets on the men's side would be the big 3....other than that i don't see this "vastly superior fitness" if they're tanking (and it's almost always obvious to fans and commentators) to save for another set (or retiring in every single slam like the original tweeter has done)

ivanban
Sep 5th, 2012, 02:49 PM
having the ability to tank 2 sets in a match doesn't mean i have to work harder :scratch: if a woman tanks 2 sets....well the match is over...only 3 players i don't really see tanking sets on the men's side would be the big 3....other than that i don't see this "vastly superior fitness" if they're tanking (and it's almost always obvious to fans and commentators) to save for another set (or retiring in every single slam like the original tweeter has done)

Different rules demand different tactics. Less sets = less chance to tank :shrug: If your opponent played very long 5 setter in previous round don't you think it's a valid tactic to weaken your opponent by not giving your best in first or first two sets? :scratch: Are you seriously implying that women don't tank sets :unsure: Sure they do, but it can be only one set, obviously

BuTtErFrEnA
Sep 5th, 2012, 03:02 PM
why would i want to play a long 5 setter myself to tire myself out for my next opponent just to get at my current opponent??? i'd extend rallies as much as possible to wear his legs down definitely, but i wouldn't be trying to play a long 5 setter by tanking when i have another opponent who may be fresh :lol: that's idiocy...why would i NOT give my best to get off court quickly

i still don't get how just because you can tank more sets means you're putting in more effort..some men are VERY unfit, have poor tactics, ballbash, etc that we criticise the women of...just because they have 5 sets to display how poor they are doesn't mean it's more quality :lol:

ShiftyFella
Sep 5th, 2012, 03:04 PM

I don't get the equal payout argument outside of slams or other combined tournaments. If WTA event more popular than equal level ATP event therefore women should be paid more, why those tankers should be paid equal.:shrug:

August
Sep 5th, 2012, 03:05 PM
That's your opinion, not fact. Long doesn't mean epic (Isner/Mahut :help:). And why does it take 5 sets to show who's the best? :confused: That makes no sense.

Let's take an example from this years Wimby. I'm sure there would be many more people saying Rafa was unlucky if he had lost to Rosol in Bo3, he would've surely won in Bo5. But Bo5 proofs better Rosol was the better player that day. And what a great match that was, after losing 1st set in TB, Rosol managed to keep on playing well and win next two sets, for which many players wouldn't have had balls in a match against Nadal. And even if Nadal won 4th set, Rosol managed to play well in 5th, and win the match. And men's doubles final was another epic Bo5, more people would've wondered if Marray/Nielsen could've won a 3rd set had the match been over after winning two sets.

And why does it take 5 sets to show who's the best? Well, sports involve random factors, like how well you play in that day, players aren't robots. Let's take an example, if your probability to win a set is 2 out of 3, then your probability to win a Bo3 match is 74% whereas for a Bo5 match it's 79%. Makes senase, doesn't it?

Sweety Darling
Sep 5th, 2012, 03:10 PM
but 99% are still wrong:lol:

Lets's take Wimbledon Quaterfinals
Federer- Youzhny 92 min 3 sets
Djokovic - Mayer- 105 min 3 sets
Tsonga Kohlschreiber 168 min (4 sets)

Women QF
Kerber-Lisicki -150 min
Paszek - Azarenka - 107 min
Radwanska-Kirilenko - 170 min

I would rather watch Federer def. Youzhny in 10 minutes rather than Kerber def. Lisiki in 1000 minutes. I'm a big fan of womens tennis but they DO NOT deserve equal pay.

NashaMasha
Sep 5th, 2012, 03:14 PM
I would rather watch Federer def. Youzhny in 10 minutes rather than Kerber def. Lisiki in 1000 minutes. I'm a big fan of womens tennis but they DO NOT deserve equal pay.

Federer Youzhny:lol::lol::lol:

Some people would say that they will prefer watching curling to watching tennis, but who cares about them? and about you either

fawnrc
Sep 5th, 2012, 03:25 PM

I would much rather watch two women that are no where near my favorite (Kerber, Lisiki) for 150 minutes than Youzhny get blown out in 100 min. So, who is right?

Sweety Darling
Sep 5th, 2012, 03:54 PM
I would much rather watch two women that are no where near my favorite (Kerber, Lisiki) for 150 minutes than Youzhny get blown out in 100 min. So, who is right?

Me.

Federer Youzhny:lol::lol::lol:

Some people would say that they will prefer watching curling to watching tennis, but who cares about them? and about you either

Thanks for the badrep, child.

HippityHop
Sep 5th, 2012, 04:46 PM
Different rules demand different tactics. Less sets = less chance to tank :shrug: If your opponent played very long 5 setter in previous round don't you think it's a valid tactic to weaken your opponent by not giving your best in first or first two sets? :scratch: Are you seriously implying that women don't tank sets :unsure: Sure they do, but it can be only one set, obviously

I don't. If you're going to take that position then why not have the tanker go to the chair and say, I concede the first two sets. That would be more honest than tanking and less of an insult to the spectators.

HippityHop
Sep 5th, 2012, 04:52 PM
Let's take an example from this years Wimby. I'm sure there would be many more people saying Rafa was unlucky if he had lost to Rosol in Bo3, he would've surely won in Bo5. But Bo5 proofs better Rosol was the better player that day. And what a great match that was, after losing 1st set in TB, Rosol managed to keep on playing well and win next two sets, for which many players wouldn't have had balls in a match against Nadal. And even if Nadal won 4th set, Rosol managed to play well in 5th, and win the match. And men's doubles final was another epic Bo5, more people would've wondered if Marray/Nielsen could've won a 3rd set had the match been over after winning two sets.

And why does it take 5 sets to show who's the best? Well, sports involve random factors, like how well you play in that day, players aren't robots. Let's take an example, if your probability to win a set is 2 out of 3, then your probability to win a Bo3 match is 74% whereas for a Bo5 match it's 79%. Makes senase, doesn't it?

No it doesn't make sense. If you are too sorry to bring your best from the first set, you deserve to lose if you can't step it up for the next two sets. How well you play on any given day applies to 3 sets or 5 sets.

NashaMasha
Sep 5th, 2012, 04:58 PM
No it doesn't make sense. If you are too sorry to bring your best from the first set, you deserve to lose if you can't step it up for the next two sets. How well you play on any given day applies to 3 sets or 5 sets.

no, just check the statistics of ATP tour and compare how random are results in 3 sets in comparison to 5 sets

Beat Djokovic, Federer or Nadal in 5 sets is almost impossible , whereas in 3 sets even Roddick managed this year

August
Sep 5th, 2012, 05:13 PM

You think DelPo didn't deserve his USO '09 title? Or if you're a Fed fan who really thinks like that, I want to remind that with that logic, Fed didn't deserve his Wim '09 title. Would you really have liked to have those matches over in three sets? I'd rather have Bo5 for women than Bo3 for men.

HippityHop
Sep 5th, 2012, 05:26 PM
no, just check the statistics of ATP tour and compare how random are results in 3 sets in comparison to 5 sets

Beat Djokovic, Federer or Nadal in 5 sets is almost impossible , whereas in 3 sets even Roddick managed this year

Then maybe the big three should step up their 3 set game. And the only place they play five is at the slams. So should their other titles be thrown out?

HippityHop
Sep 5th, 2012, 05:30 PM
You think DelPo didn't deserve his USO '09 title? Or if you're a Fed fan who really thinks like that, I want to remind that with that logic, Fed didn't deserve his Wim '09 title. Would you really have liked to have those matches over in three sets? I'd rather have Bo5 for women than Bo3 for men.

If you play three sets and don't bring your A game yes you deserve to lose if you don't win the next two.

Playing best of three means that you don't have "cushion" sets to round ass in. If you lose the first set in a best of three, the pressure is much more intense than losing the first set in a best of five.

ivanban
Sep 5th, 2012, 05:37 PM
why would i want to play a long 5 setter myself to tire myself out for my next opponent just to get at my current opponent??? i'd extend rallies as much as possible to wear his legs down definitely, but i wouldn't be trying to play a long 5 setter by tanking when i have another opponent who may be fresh :lol: that's idiocy...why would i NOT give my best to get off court quickly

i still don't get how just because you can tank more sets means you're putting in more effort..some men are VERY unfit, have poor tactics, ballbash, etc that we criticise the women of...just because they have 5 sets to display how poor they are doesn't mean it's more quality :lol:

I never said that deliberately going for 5 sets is a smart tactic :lol: Who knows what those mugs are thinking when they tank few sets :spit:

August
Sep 5th, 2012, 06:41 PM
Playing best of three means that you don't have "cushion" sets to round ass in. If you lose the first set in a best of three, the pressure is much more intense than losing the first set in a best of five.

Well, think about the pressure when you're two sets down. I know, Bo3 would give more pressure for top players and bring more surprise wins, but is it the purpose of slams? I don't think so, I think slams are enough interesting without surprises, I want to see who is the best, which can't properly be decided with Bo3. And Bo5 makes surprise wins more deserved.

The only thing I don't like in Bo5 is that it's gotten too much of a endurance thing, slower surfaces mean longer points. But solution is simple, speed up the courts.

Tennis Fool
Sep 5th, 2012, 08:04 PM
Djokovic blowing latest mug off the court. Gonna end faster than the first two women's quarters. :)

ivanban
Sep 5th, 2012, 08:21 PM
Djokovic blowing latest mug off the court. Gonna end faster than the first two women's quarters. :)

Mug was injured :secret:

JeMa
Sep 5th, 2012, 08:29 PM
The best of 5 sets is not played in the Master Series. If those results aren't definitive enough what's the point of the tour. It sucks so bad in a grand slam when someone is playing say an electrifying 5 setter and then their next match then go down in 3 easy sets because the last one they haven't recovered from, then what's the point.

Enough of the best of 5 in the grand slams and save it to the finals for both men and women.

Tennis Fool
Sep 5th, 2012, 08:30 PM
So he wasn't fit? Shouldn't been on the court. :o (What Janko would say if it were women.)

ivanban
Sep 5th, 2012, 08:48 PM
So he wasn't fit? Shouldn't been on the court. :o (What Janko would say if it were women.)

Probably something like "Yuck, women aren't even capable of finishing their best-of-3 matches" :oh:

August
Sep 5th, 2012, 09:08 PM
The best of 5 sets is not played in the Master Series. If those results aren't definitive enough what's the point of the tour. It sucks so bad in a grand slam when someone is playing say an electrifying 5 setter and then their next match then go down in 3 easy sets because the last one they haven't recovered from, then what's the point.

There are a couple of reasons why M1000s are played with Bo3. First of all, in slams you usually play every second day, in M100s you play every day, thus you have less recovery time and bo5 would be too much. And M1000s prestige is far below slams, fluke champios aren't such a bad thing, so you can have more TV channel friendly Bo3 format.

Enough of the best of 5 in the grand slams and save it to the finals for both men and women.

Why final should be any different, there have been many tournaments where eventual champion's toughest opposition has been in SF.

NashaMasha
Sep 5th, 2012, 09:12 PM
some notes from Steve Tignor
Occupy Tennis?

That’s the question posed by Doug Robson in a USA Today story about the growing income gap between the top men and the rest of the field. Robson crunches the numbers and finds that over the past five years, the Top 3 have taken home between 20 and 26 percent of available prize money, more than any trio since the ATP was re-launched in 1990. ATP chief Brad Drewett chalks it up to their domination on court, but some lower-ranked players think it’s a trend that’s getting worse and needs to be addressed.

Prize money has risen more quickly on the main tour than it has the Challenger tour. Roger Federer says that tournaments like the huge winner’s check because it’s “sexy”; last year Larry Ellison added $700,000 to the pot at his tournament in Indian Wells, but stipulated that it had to go to the players who made the quarterfinals or better.

One player who defends the system is American Ryan Harrison. “People don’t love tennis because of Challenger-level tennis,” he says. “People don’t follow the Challenger players. It’s a stepping stone that’s a process you know you have to go through.”

i will add " People don't love tennis because of Tipsarevic/Stakhovsky-level of tennis"

C. Drone
Sep 5th, 2012, 09:15 PM

Did Mug injure himself playing unneccesary best of 5 matches in the first week?

Cajka
Sep 5th, 2012, 09:22 PM
some notes from Steve Tignor

i will add " People don't love tennis because of Tipsarevic/Stakhovsky-level of tennis"

We can also add that people who watch only finals are not tennis fans. If you like tennis, you will watch lower-ranked players as well.

Tennis Fool
Sep 6th, 2012, 03:33 AM
Janko would say: How DOES the #1 seed go out of the tournament before the semis! (Berdych d. Federer).

NashaMasha
Sep 6th, 2012, 03:46 AM
We can also add that people who watch only finals are not tennis fans. If you like tennis, you will watch lower-ranked players as well.

i do watch matches, which are of interest for me.... For instance i will watch matches with Baghdatis or Goffin , but never with Tipsarevic or Simon

Cajka
Sep 6th, 2012, 03:52 AM
i do watch matches, which are of interest for me.... For instance i will watch matches with Baghdatis or Goffin , but never with Tipsarevic or Simon

I like Simon, but I don't like Tipsarevic. But we must be fair, he's not a journeyman or a mug. And he wasn't talking about the quality of WTA matches (in fact, he said that Vika and Sam played a great match), he was complaining about women not playing the best of 5. He thinks they are capable of playing the best of 5 and that many of them are fitter than men. If that's the problem that those ATP guys have, the best solution is to make them all play the best of 3 until the QF and the best of 5 in next 3 rounds. If both men and women play the best of 5 from the beginning, the slams would be too long.

HippityHop
Sep 6th, 2012, 03:54 PM
Janko would say: How DOES the #1 seed go out of the tournament before the semis! (Berdych d. Federer).

That's an easy one. Whenever a top player is upset on the men's side it's testament to the tremendous depth of the men's tour. And in that case it's a good thing.

However when a top woman is upset it's because the women's tour sucks. Simple. :)

HippityHop
Sep 6th, 2012, 03:58 PM
I like Simon, but I don't like Tipsarevic. But we must be fair, he's not a journeyman or a mug. And he wasn't talking about the quality of WTA matches (in fact, he said that Vika and Sam played a great match), he was complaining about women not playing the best of 5. He thinks they are capable of playing the best of 5 and that many of them are fitter than men. If that's the problem that those ATP guys have, the best solution is to make them all play the best of 3 until the QF and the best of 5 in next 3 rounds. If both men and women play the best of 5 from the beginning, the slams would be too long.

Even if everybody plays best of 5 from the quarters on, the tournaments will still be too long. They'd have to tack on at least another day and unless all the majors use tiebreaks in the final set, they may have to tack on even more.

Joe.
Sep 6th, 2012, 04:44 PM
Has he deleted the tweet? :awww:

What did it say? All I can see now is him saying Vika/Sam was a 'great match' :lol:

KournikovaFan91
Sep 6th, 2012, 05:22 PM
Regarding Bo5 why did the YEC revert to Bo3, was 5 sets of womens tennis actually that awful. :shrug:

JAS_
Sep 6th, 2012, 06:33 PM
He's stupider than I thought.

NashaMasha
Sep 6th, 2012, 06:38 PM
I'm sure after 7 hours on court playing versus David Ferrer he will make his twitter flooded with whining

Sweety Darling
Sep 6th, 2012, 08:34 PM
when a top woman is upset it's because the women's tour sucks. Simple.

Pretty much.

WTA players don't deserve equal pay, unless they play the same amount of sets. Even then they don't deserve it because of the poor quality - but in the fairness of equality....:)

MaBaker
Sep 6th, 2012, 08:39 PM
Tipsy time. Let's go Junko :hearts:

tennisfan5
Sep 6th, 2012, 09:27 PM
...and the tennis world is pressed by those horrific tattoos of his

faboozadoo15
Sep 6th, 2012, 09:33 PM
Does anyone else think it's funny that this known homophobe and misogynist shaves his entire body, plays THE most "feminine" tennis I may have ever seen a top ATP player play, calls the trainer really often, and moans relentlessly?

I'm just saying... I pity his girlfriend.

gociku
Sep 6th, 2012, 09:42 PM
Let's not waste time on this nobody.

August
Sep 6th, 2012, 09:46 PM
Com'on Tipsy, not held your serves and you'll reach your first slam SF!

AVB
Sep 6th, 2012, 09:57 PM
Shitsarevic has been playing clutch in vital moments and only 2 games away from a GS semi :worship:

laurie
Sep 6th, 2012, 09:57 PM
We always knew Tipsarevic v Ferrer would take forever. Can't think of two more dull players in the top 20 of the mens game.

NashaMasha
Sep 6th, 2012, 10:01 PM
We always knew Tipsarevic v Ferrer would take forever. Can't think of two more dull players in the top 20 of the mens game.

the only reason we have to watch this shit in QF is that Nadal is absent and bulldog was seeded 4th

FORZA SARITA
Sep 6th, 2012, 10:19 PM
omg are you watching this moron right now???

Nicolás89
Sep 6th, 2012, 10:22 PM
Such a faker & a cheat, taking all the momentum away from Ferrer with that fake mto. :rolleyes:

AVB
Sep 6th, 2012, 10:22 PM
Fakesarevic serving like nothing happened. NID.

NashaMasha
Sep 6th, 2012, 10:23 PM
Cheatsarevic

omg are you watching this moron right now???

his statements made his matches more relevant and there is no choice actually...

Miracle Worker
Sep 6th, 2012, 10:24 PM
He's fighting for his money :oh: But still Sara will earn more :spit: Good for her :oh:

gc-spurs
Sep 6th, 2012, 10:24 PM
All class Shitsy.

harloo
Sep 6th, 2012, 10:25 PM
Such a faker & a cheat, taking all the momentum away from Ferrer with that fake mto. :rolleyes:

He's such a fucking cheater. Ugh, the man has no integrity.

Cilla
Sep 6th, 2012, 10:27 PM
Vika's response :oh:

“@vika7: no comment hahahhahaha”

FORZA SARITA
Sep 6th, 2012, 10:28 PM
even netcords are with cheaters :facepalm:

AVB
Sep 6th, 2012, 10:28 PM
If there is any justice in this world David will win this match.

ivanban
Sep 6th, 2012, 10:29 PM

Fakesarevic serving like nothing happened. NID.

All class Shitsy.

He's such a fucking cheater. Ugh, the man has no integrity.

Strange how you missed when Ferrer did the same thing in 4th set :rolleyes:

FORZA SARITA
Sep 6th, 2012, 10:31 PM

it wasn't in the middle of the game down 2 bps that were like 2 mps :weirdo:

gc-spurs
Sep 6th, 2012, 10:33 PM
Vika's response :oh:

“@vika7: no comment hahahhahaha”

Haha saw that, most would figure it's about Shitsy.

Raiden
Sep 6th, 2012, 10:34 PM
LMAO @ this becoming a live match commentary thread :haha:

harloo
Sep 6th, 2012, 10:36 PM
:haha:Are you brain dead? The timing was different and the momentum was clearly swinging David's way. The cheater broke his momentum by faking an injury and then coming back to serve like GOAT. SMH. Ray Charles can see what he did.:help:

ivanban
Sep 6th, 2012, 10:36 PM
it wasn't in the middle of the game down 2 bps that were like 2 mps :weirdo:

Breaking momentum is breaking momentum :shrug: Doesn't matter when it happens

ivanban
Sep 6th, 2012, 10:37 PM
:haha:Are you brain dead? The timing was different and the momentum was clearly swinging David's way. The cheater broke his momentum by faking an injury and then coming back to serve like GOAT. SMH. Ray Charles can see what he did.:help:

So, you really did miss David's MTO, cause Janko had super momentum when David requested it

harloo
Sep 6th, 2012, 10:39 PM
So, you really did miss the 4th set, cause Janko had super momentum then

I saw the fourth set and what Tippy did was blatant gamesmanship. He could have waited until David finished that game but it was obvious what he was trying to do. I hope he loses.

VIK!
Sep 6th, 2012, 10:39 PM
We can expect more weird twitter posts tomorrow.. :facepalm:

pigam
Sep 6th, 2012, 10:47 PM
This is my only post in this thread:
YAS! :) :wavey:

FORZA SARITA
http://i1247.photobucket.com/albums/gg633/FORZAPENNETTA/tumblr_m3b5rr9Fa51r7ob5po1_500.gif

jefrilibra
Bye bitch! :wavey:

AVB
Sep 6th, 2012, 10:48 PM
Tennis won. Vamos David :worship: