PDA

View Full Version : Why did they move Williams Sister vs. Nadia/Maria on Louis???

Adrian.
Sep 3rd, 2012, 09:51 PM
WTH? :help:
I wanted to see the doubles match on TV and now they moved it? :unsure::confused:

Jorn
Sep 3rd, 2012, 09:52 PM
rain... :o

zigga
Sep 3rd, 2012, 09:53 PM
Apperantly the weather forecast is bad so they just want all matches to finish today.

LightWarrior
Sep 3rd, 2012, 09:55 PM
Good decision then. For once.

borrowedheaven
Sep 3rd, 2012, 09:55 PM
I find the atmosphere in Louis Armstrong much better anyway, so I don't mind.

ShiftyFella
Sep 3rd, 2012, 09:59 PM
real tennis is always outside of AA, great move for once

Adrian.
Sep 3rd, 2012, 10:00 PM
Maybe a good move because of the wheather, but on my TV I will get boring Andy to see :help: :bigcry:

dencod16
Sep 3rd, 2012, 10:13 PM
They actually expected rain today. This was said yesterday on the SHarapova/Petrova match that rain was expected to come today and not yesterday.

In The Zone
Sep 3rd, 2012, 10:16 PM
Rain. Play is doubtfully going to begin at 7pm and if it does, I doubt the match gets in without at least a small delay.

They don't want either one of the matches tonight to be played late. Especially for the Sisters who need to play according to schedule due to Serena being alive in singles. If the Sisters don't play tonight, they don't get to use Serena for Wednesday night. Aka. The USTA is making sure they get Vee/Ree doubles done tonight. :lol:

mdterp01
Sep 3rd, 2012, 10:23 PM
Good...if the scheduling f*cks Serena again this year I'm going to be ultra pissed!!!!

Rolling-Thunder
Sep 3rd, 2012, 10:50 PM
WTH? :help:
I wanted to see the doubles match on TV and now they moved it? :unsure::confused:

http://www.sportlemon.tv/c-4.html

Adrian.
Sep 3rd, 2012, 10:53 PM
http://www.sportlemon.tv/c-4.html

I know, but I wanted it on TV and not on a sucky livestream :p
but thx anyway :p

Rolling-Thunder
Sep 3rd, 2012, 10:57 PM
Rain. Play is doubtfully going to begin at 7pm and if it does, I doubt the match gets in without at least a small delay.

They don't want either one of the matches tonight to be played late. Especially for the Sisters who need to play according to schedule due to Serena being alive in singles. If the Sisters don't play tonight, they don't get to use Serena for Wednesday night. Aka. The USTA is making sure they get Vee/Ree doubles done tonight. :lol:

You are so correct. I believe they are being much smarter this year in their scheduling. Attention is being paid to get Serena out on the court for her singles, while not having the doubles to be disruptive.

The USTA knows and really wants Serena in the singles final. This is smart scheduling. I cannot say the same thing from last year. Part of the blame for the final's loss can be placed at the feet of the bad scheduling last year. First the semis should never for the women or men be the day before the final. There should be a day between. Its just better for the tennis, fan and viewers. Put the men's final on Monday night, prime time and the women on Sunday afternoon or evening. Serena's late night semis last year affected her the next day. We know she has insomnia issues. As a person who has dealt with that issue myself, its not a fun thing to be unable to go to sleep. Its miserable.

Rolling-Thunder
Sep 3rd, 2012, 10:58 PM
I know, but I wanted it on TV and not on a sucky livestream :p
but thx anyway :p

Do you have an HTML cable you can hook your computer up to your tv? Its not the same, but it can come close.

duhcity
Sep 3rd, 2012, 11:14 PM
The rain is supposedly bad enough that there may be a chance if Murray/Raonic needs 5, it won't finish. Or at least extremely late.

Morning Morgan
Sep 3rd, 2012, 11:16 PM
And I must say the scheduling has been quite fair and common sensical this year, for once. No obvious bias towards either gender, and throwing in some doubles into the big courts. I like it.

In The Zone
Sep 3rd, 2012, 11:23 PM
You are so correct. I believe they are being much smarter this year in their scheduling. Attention is being paid to get Serena out on the court for her singles, while not having the doubles to be disruptive.

The USTA knows and really wants Serena in the singles final. This is smart scheduling. I cannot say the same thing from last year. Part of the blame for the final's loss can be placed at the feet of the bad scheduling last year. First the semis should never for the women or men be the day before the final. There should be a day between. Its just better for the tennis, fan and viewers. Put the men's final on Monday night, prime time and the women on Sunday afternoon or evening. Serena's late night semis last year affected her the next day. We know she has insomnia issues. As a person who has dealt with that issue myself, its not a fun thing to be unable to go to sleep. Its miserable.

I see it more that the USTA wants Serena in the primetime slots. If they can't play tonight, they can't have Serena Wednesday night since singles has to come before doubles. :lol: