PDA

View Full Version : Sun Myung Moon dies.

$uricate
Sep 3rd, 2012, 10:20 PM
http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/articles/380046/20120903/sung-myung-moon-ronald-reagan-moonies-korea.htm

The Korean creator of the Unification Church.

He was very controversial. He was also very anti-Communist for some reason.

Yet he was still invited to the funerals of both Kim Il Sung and Kim Jong-Il :)

He was actually born in Pyongyang.

*JR*
Sep 3rd, 2012, 10:30 PM
I remember when I lived in NYC how the Unification Church would have these totally exploited young ppl (mostly girls, FWIW) selling flowers on the streets, in 12 plus hour shifts. And (@ least according to the media reports) they got very little money to supplement their room and board. He was a big con artist, as far as I'm concerned. :spit:

$uricate
Sep 3rd, 2012, 10:39 PM
I remember when I lived in NYC how the Unification Church would have these totally exploited young ppl (mostly girls, FWIW) selling flowers on the streets, in 12 plus hour shifts. And (@ least according to the media reports) they got very little money to supplement their room and board. He was a big con artist, as far as I'm concerned. :spit:

I agree.

Something about him just does not sit well with me :o

I think tbh he was all show, a bit of a flashy conman that got rich off others backs.

All the supposedly humanitarian work he did always seemed to benefit himself and his public image.

Like all Churches, the leader reigns supreme and the organisation grows fat exploiting it's members.

edificio
Sep 3rd, 2012, 11:08 PM
Definitely a con artist.

McPie
Sep 4th, 2012, 05:33 AM
2 threads about death in one day :awww:

wta_zuperfann
Sep 4th, 2012, 03:49 PM
Moonie ~ sick minded Republican cultist.