PDA

View Full Version : Petrova: "Rain delay made it Sharapova's "lucky day." Pova: "Fine by me."

Mistress of Evil
Sep 3rd, 2012, 05:59 AM
https://twitter.com/BryanAGraham/status/242472477345861632

http://i45.tinypic.com/i791u1.png

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m9e3oyxDd91rqqr40o4_250.gif

Vincey!
Sep 3rd, 2012, 06:04 AM
lol did Nadia really say that? It must be one of the worse excuse I've ever heard. I NEVER ever heard a player blaming the rain delay to lose the match. Sure didn't help Nadia but if you get thrown off by a bit of rain then you deserve to lose. I'm sure many players think that shortly after losing a match with a rain delay but it only proves that you're weak mentally and saying out loud how you lost because of that delay is admitting you're a mental midget. Sorry Nadia but I thought you had more experience than saying those lame comments....IF she really said that, that way.

goldenlox
Sep 3rd, 2012, 06:08 AM
Rain delay should have helped Nadia because Sharapova's 3 set record means she's tremendously fit. Nadia got a breather against a player who's 20-1 in 3rd sets.
And Nadia had a chance to talk to Sanchez who is doing a good job with her.

But ultimately its mental, and Nadia has lost a lot of close slam matches to slam winners. I remember when she served for the match against Serena in Melbourne.
That didnt work out well either

NashaMasha
Sep 3rd, 2012, 06:10 AM
Soar loser. Nadia , just check the wtatennis.com It's clearly written there 1-8 , now will be 1-9 , whom did you blame your other 8 losses?

égalité
Sep 3rd, 2012, 06:14 AM
Lame excuse. If she actually had any belief that she could win this match, she'd be blaming herself, not the rain. Story of her career. :lol:

dany.p
Sep 3rd, 2012, 06:15 AM
It's a valid statement to make. The rain delay did help Sharapova. but when u look at there h2h, it's obvious that, in general, sharapova winning against Petrova has little to do with luck.

HRHoliviasmith
Sep 3rd, 2012, 06:17 AM
i see no lies. :yeah: :shrug:

Bijoux0021
Sep 3rd, 2012, 06:18 AM
Petrova is Sharapova's bitch. The organizers know this. Unfortunately for her, more often than not, she always gets Sharapova in her side of the draw. She was never going to win the match regardless of circumtances.

HRHoliviasmith
Sep 3rd, 2012, 06:23 AM
Petrova is Sharapova's bitch. The organizers know this. She was never going to win the match regardless of circumtances. Unfortunately for her, more often than not, she always gets Sharapova in her side of the draw.

as little faith as I have in Nadia, i really believe that she would have pulled it off this go around it not for that rain delay. but you make a valid point, nonetheless. :yeah:

tennisbear7
Sep 3rd, 2012, 06:24 AM
It's okay Nadia. Sarin is going to give Sharapova a mauling in the final, and she'll send her ashes to you. :kiss:

Charlatan
Sep 3rd, 2012, 06:30 AM
There must be 8 lucky days for Miss Pova then previously :eek:
http://oi46.tinypic.com/1h48d1.jpg

Yeah, Nadia, I see no lies at all :sad:

She should be glad that she got that one win cause pova was tanking that Round Robin match in 05 :rolls:

LUVMIRZA
Sep 3rd, 2012, 06:30 AM
It's okay Nadia. Sarin is going to give Sharapova a mauling in the final, and she'll send her ashes to you. :kiss:

ahem...Maria still has to play Quarters/Semis before meeting MountRena:devil:

claypova
Sep 3rd, 2012, 06:35 AM
STAY MAD NADIA :inlove:

Bijoux0021
Sep 3rd, 2012, 06:37 AM
as little faith as I have in Nadia, i really believe that she would have pulled it off this go around it not for that rain delay. but you make a valid point, nonetheless. :yeah:
That's good to hear. I did not see the match, but I never thought she was going to win.

metamorpha
Sep 3rd, 2012, 06:47 AM
Well, Nadia had some close matches with her in the past. But even when Sugarpop played horrendously, like in AO 2006 QF where Nadia was more in charge than today, she still couldn't beat her. I forgot who's the commentator in that match, she simply said "Petrova is such a wimp"

cowsonice
Sep 3rd, 2012, 07:00 AM
Maria also pulled another Aga on Nadia.

"Shouldn't she be preparing for her doubles match already?"

Let.them.talk
Sep 3rd, 2012, 07:06 AM
i see no lies. :yeah: :shrug:
This.

She is not blaming the rain, but we can't deny rain delays influences, for bad or for good. You can be in the top of your game, or with a lucky momment and then -------. Indeed, if the rain delay is long enough, they warm up again. So it's not that simple.

Masha won, be happy, of course Nadia is going to feel this way, she had chances, you in her place maybe would feel the same.

Belmont Lad
Sep 3rd, 2012, 07:12 AM
Oh Nads :rolleyes:

perseus2006
Sep 3rd, 2012, 07:28 AM
Petrova is Sharapova's bitch. The organizers know this. Unfortunately for her, more often than not, she always gets Sharapova in her side of the draw. She was never going to win the match regardless of circumtances.

The last time they met was in Toronto in 2009. Apparantly it doesn't make a lot of difference where Nadia's drawn if it's three years between matches!

Alarmed
Sep 3rd, 2012, 07:31 AM
Oh Nadia. It doesn't matter if you were 5-0 up in the third, I have confidence you still would've lost. It's who you are. A career of flopping.

DOUBLEFIST
Sep 3rd, 2012, 07:35 AM
Rain delay should have helped Nadia because Sharapova's 3 set record means she's tremendously fit. Nadia got a breather against a player who's 20-1 in 3rd sets.
And Nadia had a chance to talk to Sanchez who is doing a good job with her.

But ultimately its mental, and Nadia has lost a lot of close slam matches to slam winners. I remember when she served for the match against Serena in Melbourne.
That didnt work out well either
I don't think the fitness issue for Nadia was the main problem. I think you got it right on the mental problem.

It seems like rain delays almost always benefit the underperforming player. in that sense, it was Maria's lucky day.

ACEof DIAMONDS
Sep 3rd, 2012, 07:37 AM
Blaming a rain delay when you're up 2-0 in the 3rd is a cop out, you had a break hunny

Now it's time for basketball and football players to start blaming losses on halftime

"The break affected my concentration!"

Golan
Sep 3rd, 2012, 07:37 AM
Nadia is right

Yashal
Sep 3rd, 2012, 07:38 AM
Nadia honey, you have to blame only yourself and your choking abilities :rolleyes:

bandabou
Sep 3rd, 2012, 07:45 AM
Poor thing. :hug:

BlueTrees
Sep 3rd, 2012, 07:48 AM
I like Nadia, but this is really just pathetic :lol: First of all, you lost the match because your a headcase, which is the same reason you lose 99% of your matches. Secondly, Sharapova leads the H2H 9-1 now. That's called ownage. :wavey:

Raiden
Sep 3rd, 2012, 08:00 AM
Ugh! - somebody tell the USO.org cµnts to upload Petrova's press conference video up on their site.

I need to see Nadia's lips moving while saying "Sharapova's lucky day" :oh:

graffite
Sep 3rd, 2012, 08:16 AM
Sure, the rain delay allowed her to re-group (especially talk to her coach and dad) but so could Nadia. No act of God is going to prevent Nadia from being a mental headcase and choke in the end, it was never in doubt that Masha would fight back given her 3 set record. So, whatever.

os400
Sep 3rd, 2012, 08:24 AM
Sure, the rain delay allowed her to re-group (especially talk to her coach and dad)

did yuri come to US Open 2012 and join masha's box ? or yuri talk via phone to masha in the break ?

SwingVolley93
Sep 3rd, 2012, 08:44 AM
Oh Nadia. It doesn't matter if you were 5-0 up in the third, I have confidence you still would've lost. It's who you are. A career of flopping.

This.

And I kind of doubt that Badia said this imment in the way that it is portrayed here. Think it was taken out of context :wavey:

Halepsova
Sep 3rd, 2012, 09:16 AM
I don't get why Sharapova is always bitchy after the win? The other players are humble towards their opponents. :rolleyes:

FORZA SARITA
Sep 3rd, 2012, 09:19 AM
this is why i hate with passion this arrogant classless bitch fixer tanker, hope she retires soon :wavey:

Grigorpova
Sep 3rd, 2012, 09:21 AM
Petrova is so mad.

Jajaloo
Sep 3rd, 2012, 09:28 AM
I think Nadia had a shot.

But Maria slays me with these quips!

nealcaffrey
Sep 3rd, 2012, 09:35 AM
I don't get why Sharapova is always bitchy after the win? The other players are humble towards their opponents. :rolleyes:

if opponents r saying u only win coz they were injured!
if opponents r saying u only win coz of rain delay!
you would be snipy too

anyway this is not even bitchy....... if sharapova responded with "no, i didnt think it was coz of the rain. i have 9-1 h2h over petrova, i own her, she is such a headcase anyway, would've lost this match even if she was up 5-0 40-30" - THAT would be bitchy!

not taking petrova's comment to heart and shrugging it off with a "fine by me" is not bitchy

Johnbert
Sep 3rd, 2012, 09:39 AM
ahem...Maria still has to play Quarters/Semis before meeting MountRena:devil:

as far as i know, serena also has to play several matches before she's in the final... :shrug:

Lord Choc Ice
Sep 3rd, 2012, 09:46 AM
Stay classy Nadia :yeah:.

humanabstract
Sep 3rd, 2012, 09:47 AM
Well, to be fair, Nadia had no chances to win. :shrug: It's not like she had ton of matchpoints or double break lead. Actually Maria even playing like shit in the 2nd had some chances to survive that set. Besides if you look at the stats 3rd set was the best for Nadia in terms of serving - 78% 1st serve, 4 aces. It's just awesome Maria's ROS on some points in the 3rd set that became key moment for the match (well, and Maria's serving too).

As for the rain delay, no one could tell how this match would end without it. And everyone seems to forget that Cincinatti final vs Kim when Maria lost after the rain delay. I highly doubt someone called Kim lucky or Maria said smth like that in her presser.

tejmeglekvár
Sep 3rd, 2012, 09:52 AM
She has constant rain delays in past 12 years.

Bye bitch.

Alya_C
Sep 3rd, 2012, 09:54 AM
I don't see what's the problem in her saying that. She was pissed that she lost so she blamed the rain. Silly, maybe, but also human. Yeah, she was 8-1 down against Maria and she is known for losing winnable matches. She could have probably lost this one anyway without rain delay, but she was up a break in the 3rd, when the rain delay came so it's a valid point that the rain caused her to lose focus and helped Maria to regroup. Whether a professional player should know how to cope with these breaks and not lose focus that is another issue.

Kon.
Sep 3rd, 2012, 10:10 AM
Classy.
Bye, girl.

Nicolás89
Sep 3rd, 2012, 12:01 PM
Nadia talking out of sour grapes doesn't make it any less true. Sharapova's overdefensive response confirms it. ;)

Hlavackova
Sep 3rd, 2012, 12:04 PM
Nadia talking out of sour grapes doesn't make it any less true. Sharapova's overdefensive response confirms it. ;)

So if someone says something fake to dismiss you you dont get defensive? :confused:

JamieOwen3
Sep 3rd, 2012, 12:05 PM
oh well Maria you bitch how dare you get lucky with the rain :oh:

StoneRose
Sep 3rd, 2012, 12:08 PM
I don't get why Sharapova is always bitchy after the win? The other players are humble towards their opponents. :rolleyes:Petrova started this. Instead of whining Petrova would do well to find some backbone so she can actually win matches like these.

homogenius
Sep 3rd, 2012, 12:12 PM
She's right, rain saved Maria's ass.That being said, you play with the conditions on a given day.nadia could have still win this but she simply failed

Break My Rapture
Sep 3rd, 2012, 12:14 PM
I'm surprised Nadia said this, she seems like one of the most friendly and gracious players on Tour.

JamieOwen3
Sep 3rd, 2012, 12:16 PM
In the end MARIA saved her own ass as she played great tennis to break when they came back out. It's not her fault Nadia's a mental midget :shrug: She had the lead and Maria snatched it away with great play. Nadia even served well when they returned but Maria upped her game.

it-girl
Sep 3rd, 2012, 12:16 PM
I don't see what's the problem in her saying that. She was pissed that she lost so she blamed the rain. Silly, maybe, but also human. Yeah, she was 8-1 down against Maria and she is known for losing winnable matches. She could have probably lost this one anyway without rain delay, but she was up a break in the 3rd, when the rain delay came so it's a valid point that the rain caused her to lose focus and helped Maria to regroup. Whether a professional player should know how to cope with these breaks and not lose focus that is another issue.This.

homogenius
Sep 3rd, 2012, 12:20 PM
In the end MARIA saved her own ass as she played great tennis to break when they came back out. It's not her fault Nadia's a mental midget :shrug: She had the lead and Maria snatched it away with great play. Nadia even served well when they returned but Maria upped her game.

That's why she said she was lucky : before the rain delay Maria looked lost out there and it totally broke Nadia's momentum.In that aspect, Nadia is right.

Blu€
Sep 3rd, 2012, 02:04 PM
I don't think it's a big deal, it's true, the rain helped Maria. Sometimes these things go your way other days they don't.

Cosmic Voices
Sep 3rd, 2012, 02:05 PM
Masha fucking idol :inlove:

Tenis Srbija
Sep 3rd, 2012, 02:06 PM
lol did Nadia really say that? It must be one of the worse excuse I've ever heard. I NEVER ever heard a player blaming the rain delay to lose the match. Sure didn't help Nadia but if you get thrown off by a bit of rain then you deserve to lose. I'm sure many players think that shortly after losing a match with a rain delay but it only proves that you're weak mentally and saying out loud how you lost because of that delay is admitting you're a mental midget. Sorry Nadia but I thought you had more experience than saying those lame comments....IF she really said that, that way.

Really? :spit: I've heard it at least 100 times. They always say "rain delay helped him/her" if someone makes a comeback after the rain delay...

Sombrerero loco
Sep 3rd, 2012, 02:17 PM
sugarpova so lucky here...=(

JamieOwen3
Sep 3rd, 2012, 02:24 PM
It's not like rain wasn't expected anyway. People are acting like it was Maria herself who caused it to rain :lol: it's over move on.

Cosmic Voices
Sep 3rd, 2012, 02:26 PM
Russian mafia :armed:

dencod16
Sep 3rd, 2012, 02:28 PM
Petrova said it was Sharapova's lucky day because she could regroup when the match was slipping away.
"You should ask her what happened," a frustrated Petrova said. "I don't know what went through her head. I had been in control in the third set. I had everything in my hands.
"Maria looked hesitant and she couldn't get a hold of her game. But then after the rain break, actually it went in her favour because she had time to think, regroup, talk to her coach.
"And then she came out completely cool and collected. She started playing big tennis. Unfortunately, luck was on her side today."

This was the full transcript of what Petrova said, please stop this irresponsible OP's. Which completely accurate, Sharapova was lucky to have the rain and regroup.

Mr.Sharapova
Sep 3rd, 2012, 02:29 PM
It's not like rain wasn't expected anyway. People are acting like it was Maria herself who caused it to rain :lol: it's over move on.

But Maria did start the rain right? She did it on purpose :scratch:?

Maria Croft
Sep 3rd, 2012, 02:31 PM
Well, it does break your concentration as a tennis player, especially if you're up. But it's not like she was up 0-5 with a triple break and had match points. She nearly gave that second set away, she has a terrible H2H against Maria and Maria's third set winning precentage is so high for a reason. One break was hardly a guarantee that she was about to win it.

It definitely helped Maria, bit it's not like it made it impossible for Nadia to win, since she was up a break with game points.

dencod16
Sep 3rd, 2012, 02:32 PM
Really? :spit: I've heard it at least 100 times. They always say "rain delay helped him/her" if someone makes a comeback after the rain delay...

Well it is true, it;s like when Serena came back against Dani at Wimble, she had time to recover. This time Sharapova got to have some coaching.

Vincey!
Sep 3rd, 2012, 02:34 PM

They mention it but they don't use that as a final argument. They'd say the rain delay helped them but in the end I played like shit or she played unbelievably well. If Nadia didn't say that she really made a fool of herself. The rain also helped Nadia to break in the 3rd set. Maria was serving when it started raining and it obviously threw her off and it always disadvantage the server. If any of you thought that Maria would have been going down without fighting cuz it was 0-2 without a ran delay you've obviously never watched her play nor Nadia lol.

Of course this is if she said it that way, cuz I doubt a professional player would say that tbh.

Matt01
Sep 3rd, 2012, 02:35 PM
The rain helped Pova for sure. Still a bit classless from Nadia but she's not as classless as Pova :p

Mary Cherry.
Sep 3rd, 2012, 02:36 PM
They both sound bitter.

danieln1
Sep 3rd, 2012, 02:37 PM
Rain def. Nadia Petrova :facepalm:

cellophane
Sep 3rd, 2012, 02:41 PM
They both sound bitter.

They do, but Pova is a bigger bitch. Oh well, she'll get her beatdown.

Michalka
Sep 3rd, 2012, 02:42 PM
well rain certainly helped sharpie so petrova's right but she should have been able to close it out

Vincey!
Sep 3rd, 2012, 02:42 PM
Petrova said it was Sharapova's lucky day because she could regroup when the match was slipping away.
"You should ask her what happened," a frustrated Petrova said. "I don't know what went through her head. I had been in control in the third set. I had everything in my hands.
"Maria looked hesitant and she couldn't get a hold of her game. But then after the rain break, actually it went in her favour because she had time to think, regroup, talk to her coach.
"And then she came out completely cool and collected. She started playing big tennis. Unfortunately, luck was on her side today."

This was the full transcript of what Petrova said, please stop this irresponsible OP's. Which completely accurate, Sharapova was lucky to have the rain and regroup.

I'm glad to see this transcript that's a bit better I guess. Still shouldn't say that and not talk about how in the end you couldn't manage to win that. I mean whining about that is useless since she had the same opportunities as Maria during that rain delay. It sure gave a break and Maria could regroup, but so could you. That's with attitude like that that you're pulling yourself down. You can find an excuse for each of your loss if you think about it hard enough. In the end tho, it's not the rain that hit the balls :shrug: I don't see how she'll fix her choking problem if she never takes responsability for it.

Tenis Srbija
Sep 3rd, 2012, 02:45 PM
They mention it but they don't use that as a final argument. They'd say the rain delay helped them but in the end I played like shit or she played unbelievably well. If Nadia didn't say that she really made a fool of herself. The rain also helped Nadia to break in the 3rd set. Maria was serving when it started raining and it obviously threw her off and it always disadvantage the server. If any of you thought that Maria would have been going down without fighting cuz it was 0-2 without a ran delay you've obviously never watched her play nor Nadia lol.

Of course this is if she said it that way, cuz I doubt a professional player would say that tbh.

Nah, they actually say that 'cause of the rain delay opponent started playing better or they started playing worse. So it kinda is final argument. Nothing wrong about it :shrug:

Vincey!
Sep 3rd, 2012, 02:46 PM

How is that bitchy? What did you wanted her to say when she got asked that question?

"Oh she's right I would have lost if it was not for the rain?" or "She's crazy I own that bitch since forever the only match I lost was cuz I tanked it in a RR match"

I bet she would have given flowers to Petrova and some people on her would still find that bitchy and classless

Vincey!
Sep 3rd, 2012, 02:48 PM
Nah, they actually say that 'cause of the rain delay opponent started playing better or they started playing worse. So it kinda is final argument. Nothing wrong about it :shrug:

It should never be a final argument tho. Rain is not the reason you lost the match lol It's always the player fault.

Mary Cherry.
Sep 3rd, 2012, 02:51 PM
How is that bitchy? What did you wanted her to say when she got asked that question?

"Oh she's right I would have lost if it was not for the rain?" or "She's crazy I own that bitch since forever the only match I lost was cuz I tanked it in a RR match"

I bet she would have given flowers to Petrova and some people on her would still find that bitchy and classless

:lol:

That wouldn't happen.

cellophane
Sep 3rd, 2012, 02:57 PM

She could have said nothing. She could have said she did have luck because of the rain but also something like "I have been in these situations with her before, so rain wasn't really the deciding factor " ...instead her reply manages to sounds childish/bitchy.

Excelscior
Sep 3rd, 2012, 03:06 PM
It did appear Pova was going to lose that match, and was quite worried. All things appeared to go Petrova's way during that third set.

I'm sure Nadia thought about what could of happened during the rain delay (especially to someone she lost 8/9 matches to), Sharapova got some coaching, and the rest was history/expected.

Still weird for someone to say that. But I guess she realized how close she was, then was disappointed during the loss, especially to another Russian.

Usual WTA cattiness.

Tenis Srbija
Sep 3rd, 2012, 03:07 PM
It should never be a final argument tho. Rain is not the reason you lost the match lol It's always the player fault.

Well it can have a major influence if you are in a momentum :shrug:

Cosmic Voices
Sep 3rd, 2012, 03:13 PM
She could have said nothing. She could have said she did have luck because of the rain but also something like "I have been in these situations with her before, so rain wasn't really the deciding factor " ...instead her reply manages to sounds childish/bitchy.

or her reply was fucking brilliant. we need this shit on the tour
p.s if rena had replied like this you'd all be splitting your sides with :haha:

Lord Choc Ice
Sep 3rd, 2012, 03:15 PM
http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m9rxn66wix1rvr01vo1_400.gif

Vincey!
Sep 3rd, 2012, 03:16 PM

That wouldn't happen.
ok ok, let's say candy!! :p lol

She only said it was fine by her that she didn't care what Petrova's excuse was. She was not bitchy she was just saying what she thought. Seriously when sharapova speaks her mind she's bitch and childish and when she says what's politically correct she's a boring robot with no personalities.... to me it was the perfect response to someone who didn't give you much credit for your win and come back that when you haven't lost a real competitive match against her.

Well it can have a major influence if you are in a momentum :shrug:
Oh that's for sure, but it's not the reason she lost the match tho. she was up 4-0 in the 2nd and Maria came back to 4-4 almost making it 5-4 without any rain or anything happening lol. She recovered from 2 breaks down, that one little break at the beginning of the 3rd wouldn't have been hard to fix lol. I wonder what she would have said if someone would have asked her what happened in that 2nd set.

cellophane
Sep 3rd, 2012, 03:25 PM
She was not bitchy she was just saying what she thought.

It's not just "fine with me" . It's the "I'm the winner, so whatever she wants to call it is fine with me". Bitchy. totally unnecessary.

jasonwright25
Sep 3rd, 2012, 03:32 PM
Sharapova fans are mind boggling idiots

Tenis Srbija
Sep 3rd, 2012, 03:34 PM
Oh that's for sure, but it's not the reason she lost the match tho. she was up 4-0 in the 2nd and Maria came back to 4-4 almost making it 5-4 without any rain or anything happening lol. She recovered from 2 breaks down, that one little break at the beginning of the 3rd wouldn't have been hard to fix lol. I wonder what she would have said if someone would have asked her what happened in that 2nd set.

What happened before the rain delay has nothing to do with what happened after :shrug: I'm just saying that it is possible that something like that causes a major setback to your winning momentum. There are few players in the world that are just amazing at the start of the matches, but as the match goes on they slowly "lose the game". I remember Janković being in a mayor lead against Henin somewhere in Europe on clay and then the match was suspended 'cause of the darkness. It was clear to everyone that Janković will lose that match eventually 'cause she is a slow starter. I'm not saying Nadia lost 'cause of the rain, I'm not in her head, but I'm just saying that the rain delay can be a major factor in a match...even decisive...

Vincey!
Sep 3rd, 2012, 03:34 PM
It's not just "fine with me" . It's the "I'm the winner, so whatever she wants to call it is fine with me". Bitchy. totally unnecessary.

Not bitchy, she basically said that she didn't care what the opponent excuse is, she won and it's all that matters. That's the truth too :shrug: at least she's not hiding behind something. I hope one day Sharapova's demeanor will make up their mind on what she needs to say or do. AND stop having those double standards lol

Vincey!
Sep 3rd, 2012, 03:40 PM
What happened before the rain delay has nothing to do with what happened after :shrug: I'm just saying that it is possible that something like that causes a major setback to your winning momentum. There are few players in the world that are just amazing at the start of the matches, but as the match goes on they slowly "lose the game". I remember Janković being in a mayor lead against Henin somewhere in Europe on clay and then the match was suspended 'cause of the darkness. It was clear to everyone that Janković will lose that match eventually 'cause she is a slow starter. I'm not saying Nadia lost 'cause of the rain, I'm not in her head, but I'm just saying that the rain delay can be a major factor in a match...even decisive...

You didn't understand what I said lol. I'm not denying the fact that rain changes things, it does change momentum and switch things around a bit sometimes. BUT it's not the rain that is playing the match, it shouldn't be used as a final excuse. There are WAY more important reasons that made her lose that match than the little rain delay. They didn't come back on court a day or a few hours later either, it was about 1 hour only so both players were still in the match. I just think that it's a coward excuse, you can mention it but don't make it sound like it's THE reason you lost the match. If the rain delay bothered you then it's because you're a mental wreck and that's the real reason. Nobody wants to admit that either so don't say the rain threw you off.

WowWow
They both sound bitter.

How does "Fine by me" sound bitter? :unsure:

Nadia was rightfully upset to have let that one slip away. Her reaction is understandable. :shrug:

Patrick345
Sharapova seriously has a great dry sense of humour and perfect timing. She is a bully in interviews and carries that attitude onto the court unless she plays Serena. :tape: The way she fistpumped in the end was also a way to intimidate Petrova. I bet Hogstedt told her to exaggerate her celebrations. That Petrova says the rain delay was lucky is probably true, BUT to use it as an excuse publicly will just give her an opportunity to find another excuse for the next time they play. She had 40-15 in the game after the rain delay. I think she made two UE to get it to deuce and then she simply didn´t run after the mishit return. If she holds there all the momentum carries on.

Tenis Srbija
Sep 3rd, 2012, 03:43 PM
You didn't understand what I said lol. I'm not denying the fact that rain changes things, it does change momentum and switch things around a bit sometimes. BUT it's not the rain that is playing the match, it shouldn't be used as a final excuse. There are WAY more important reasons that made her lose that match than the little rain delay. They didn't come back on court a day or a few hours later either, it was about 1 hour only so both players were still in the match. I just think that it's a coward excuse, you can mention it but don't make it sound like it's THE reason you lost the match. If the rain delay bothered you then it's because you're a mental wreck and that's the real reason. Nobody wants to admit that either so don't say the rain threw you off.

And you didn't get me. Yeah, it's the rain that CAN change things and in the end, by changing those thing, rain actually had a MAJOR, sometimes decisive saying in that match. That's like saying oh it's not that bad call that totally upset you played the rest of the points. Sometimes it is. Some players just aren't that mentally strong to cope with it. And that is it.

Vincey!
Sep 3rd, 2012, 03:43 PM
Sharapova seriously has a great dry sense of humour and perfect timing. She is a bully in interviews and carries that attitude onto the court unless she plays Serena. :tape: The way she fistpumped in the end was also a way to intimidate Petrova. I bet Hogstedt told her to exaggerate her celebrations. That Petrova says the rain delay was lucky is probably true, BUT to use it as an excuse publicly will just give her an opportunity to find another excuse for the next time they play. She had 40-15 in the game after the rain delay. I think she made two UE to get it to deuce and then she simply didn´t run after the mishit return. If she holds there all the momentum carries on.

This lol

I don't think she was fistpumping for Petrova, I think it was directed to Sanchez :o he's been is usual ass apparently. lol

Vincey!
Sep 3rd, 2012, 03:45 PM
And you didn't get me. Yeah, it's the rain that CAN change things and in the end, by changing those thing, rain actually had a MAJOR, sometimes decisive saying in that match. That's like saying oh it's not that bad call that totally upset you played the rest of the points. Sometimes it is. Some players just aren't that mentally strong to cope with it. And that is it.
There you go, that's what I'm saying! It's not the rain that made you lose the match then, it's your weak mental toughness.

Tenis Srbija
Sep 3rd, 2012, 03:47 PM
There you go, that's what I'm saying! It's not the rain that made you lose the match then, it's your weak mental toughness.

But it's the god damn rain delay that brought that up. Simple as that.

Vincey!
Sep 3rd, 2012, 03:50 PM
But it's the god damn rain delay that brought that up. Simple as that.

lol yes but rain is out of everyone's control. You can't work on that and improve that. There's no point on blaming something that you can't control, you're not gonna get better thinking like that. The goal of an athlete is always getting better but if you can't find what's wrong yourself there's not way you're gonna improve. Blaming the world but yourself is never the good attitude in a loss.

treufreund
Sep 3rd, 2012, 03:51 PM
Nadia is right about that. Especially once you see read the whole quote I don't think what she said is inaccurate. Obviously it's very frustrating for Nadia who probably let the rain delay put fears in her head and those fears were self-fulfilling.

Tenis Srbija
Sep 3rd, 2012, 03:54 PM
lol yes but rain is out of everyone's control. You can't work on that and improve that. There's no point on blaming something that you can't control, you're not gonna get better thinking like that. The goal of an athlete is always getting better but if you can't find what's wrong yourself there's not way you're gonna improve. Blaming the world but yourself is never the good attitude in a loss.

Oh, so you say that people never blame something that they can't control for stuff happening? Like you would say to someone in New Jersey that they shouldn't blame the weather for all the stuff they have been through? :lol: "Well, you should have built your house on a high hill, that way you wouldn't drown in water" :lol:

It's not something you can control, but you can blame it and people should understand that it did affect you... It stopped Nadia's momentum, she is pissed 'cause of that and she has the right to be. On the other hand it helped Sharapova to calm herself and get hers momentum back. Neither can control it, but it affected them on different ways.

I'm actually not sure Nadia would win this match if there wasn't for rain delay, but in the end I'm sure it affected her in a bad way. No matter if she is a mental midget or not. It just did.

In the end I really think it's pointless to discuss it. The match is over, better player won. Just let them be. No reason to bash Nadia 'cause something bothers her and clearly there is no reason to twat about Maria's response...it was in the place.

cellophane
Sep 3rd, 2012, 03:54 PM
Not bitchy, she basically said that she didn't care what the opponent excuse is, she won and it's all that matters. That's the truth too :shrug: at least she's not hiding behind something. I hope one day Sharapova's demeanor will make up their mind on what she needs to say or do. AND stop having those double standards lol

Yes, it is bitchy, because she is basically rubbing her opponent's face in it... there are other ways of acknowledging rain as a factor and saying it wasn't the deciding factor in the outcome without the "I won, who cares what she said" crap .

cellophane
Sep 3rd, 2012, 03:55 PM
Sharapova seriously has a great dry sense of humour and perfect timing. She is a bully in interviews and carries that attitude onto the court unless she plays Serena. :tape:

That's why it's always nice when Serena gives her a beatdown. I can't believe I'm saying that... I was very pissed at 2007 AO result. :o

Nicolás89
Sep 3rd, 2012, 03:59 PM
Oh come the fuck on, as soon as it started to pour Maria went straight to the chair umpire claiming the court was too slippery to play, the timing of the rain clearly benefit Maria. :lol:

Tenis Srbija
Sep 3rd, 2012, 04:01 PM
Yes, it is bitchy, because she is basically rubbing her opponent's face in it... there are other ways of acknowledging rain as a factor and saying it wasn't the deciding factor in the outcome without the "I won, who cares what she said" crap .

Not really. She is an athlete. She feels that Nadia's comment was something like "I'm the better player, I would win this match if there wasn't for the rain delay". So in that case Maria's response is ok. I can't believe I'm defending Sharapova :lol: but in this case she did nothing wrong. She thinks that the rain didn't play a major factor in the outcome, Nadia does. They have the right to have different views of what happened. The sword has two edges thing :lol:

TennisArt
Sep 3rd, 2012, 04:01 PM
When I was watching the match between Sharapova and Petrova it was clear Sharapova absolutely despise Petrova. I do not think I have ever seen her so pumped. She went into that match with an absolute refusal to lose in the same way that Serena absolutely refuses to lose to her. I wonder why Sharapova hates Petrova so much?.....

moby
Sep 3rd, 2012, 04:05 PM

It's not that bitchy though. It's a much more diplomatic way of putting Davenport's "Whatever, I'm in the semifinals and she's in the hotel packing"

Sharapova seriously has a great dry sense of humour and perfect timing.
Q. Being demonstrative, is that something you sort of learned in your career? Just more, C'mons and vocal. Is that something relatively new for you?

MARIA SHARAPOVA: I think I've always been pretty vocal. I think we can all agree on that one.

cellophane
Sep 3rd, 2012, 04:05 PM
Not really. She is an athlete. She feels that Nadia's comment was something like "I'm the better player, I would win this match if there wasn't for the rain delay". So in that case Maria's response is ok. I can't believe I'm defending Sharapova :lol: but in this case she did nothing wrong. She thinks that the rain didn't play a major factor in the outcome, Nadia does. They have the right to have different views of what happened. The sword has two edges thing :lol:

Her response is immature and bitchy. Plain and simple. Again, there are other ways of saying she didn't think the rain was a factor. But then it's not the first time she came up with such a response...

Patrick345
Sep 3rd, 2012, 04:06 PM

Agreed. How did Petrova phrase it? If she used the word "lucky" that could have been phrased better like "had an impact on the match". Everybody would know what she implied.

Vincey!
Sep 3rd, 2012, 04:06 PM
Oh, so you say that people never blame something that they can't control for stuff happening? Like you would say to someone in New Jersey that they shouldn't blame the weather for all the stuff they have been through? :lol: "Well, you should have built your house on a high hill, that way you wouldn't drown in water" :lol:

It's not something you can control, but you can blame it and people should understand that it did affect you... It stopped Nadia's momentum, she is pissed 'cause of that and she has the right to be. On the other hand it helped Sharapova to calm herself and get hers momentum back. Neither can control it, but it affected them on different ways.

I'm actually not sure Nadia would win this match if there wasn't for rain delay, but in the end I'm sure it affected her in a bad way. No matter if she is a mental midget or not. It just did.

Are you seriously comparing someone's every day life struggle because of bad weather to a loss in a sporting event after a 1 hour PAUSE? There's no relation to make between those two events. Saying that torrential rains destroyed your house is the same as making you lose a match cuz you had to wait 1 hour is totally irrelevant and really offensive to those people who are struggling with such a disaster. Athlete always have control when the rain stops and technically are back where they left. If a player comes back stronger than the other it's in your hand to adapt or not. If your house is blown off by a tornado or flooded by a river, there's not much left when it's over. Worse comparison ever sorry lol. I'm not bashing Nadia, I like her, I just think she lacked of common sense by not taking responsibilities for that loss.

Yes, it is bitchy, because she is basically rubbing her opponent's face in it... there are other ways of acknowledging rain as a factor and saying it wasn't the deciding factor in the outcome without the "I won, who cares what she said" crap . There are better way to congratulate the opponent after a loss to than putting most of the credit on the rain delay lol. Seriously I saw nothing wrong with tht comment, I guess we'll agree to disagree and i hope you'll be as hard on every other players.

Vincey!
Sep 3rd, 2012, 04:08 PM
Oh come the fuck on, as soon as it started to pour Maria went straight to the chair umpire claiming the court was too slippery to play, the timing of the rain clearly benefit Maria. :lol:

NOt true, she served her whole game that she got broken under the rain.

Feyd
Sep 3rd, 2012, 04:12 PM
I see great potential with this "Fine with me" here. :oh:

Tenis Srbija
Sep 3rd, 2012, 04:18 PM
Agreed. How did Petrova phrase it? If she used the word "lucky" that could have been phrased better like "had an impact on the match". Everybody would know what she implied.

Her response is immature and bitchy. Plain and simple. Again, there are other ways of saying she didn't think the rain was a factor. But then it's not the first time she came up with such a response...

Petrova was "bitchy" with her comment, Sharapova replied in the same manner. Nothing wrong about that. And I can't even say it's bitchy...it's competitive sport, it's normal.

Are you seriously comparing someone's every day life struggle because of bad weather to a loss in a sporting event after a 1 hour PAUSE? There's no relation to make between those two events. Saying that torrential rains destroyed your house is the same as making you lose a match cuz you had to wait 1 hour is totally irrelevant and really offensive to those people who are struggling with such a disaster. Athlete always have control when the rain stops and technically are back where they left. If a player comes back stronger than the other it's in your hand to adapt or not. If your house is blown off by a tornado or flooded by a river, there's not much left when it's over. Worse comparison ever sorry lol. I'm not bashing Nadia, I like her, I just think she lacked of common sense by not taking responsibilities for that loss.

Yes I am. There is a relation. For example. If I have 100 euros in my pocket and someone steals them away from me and on the other hand some billionaire losses 10.000.000 dollars. We all feel that whatever bad happened to us IS THE WORST THING. No matter what it is or did someone else experienced something 10 times worse. Did you ever feel better just cause someone told you "ah, worst things happen to people". Nadia can't affect the rain, it came in a moment when she was on fire (4-0 in games), when she came back she wasn't on fire. Enough said. For God's sake, 99% (if not 100%) of texts about this match have the "RAIN DELAY" in the tittle. I just don't agree with you, and it looks like the majority of people who watched this match don't agree with you as well. In the end, it's all up to Nadia. She feel that the rain delay crushed you, who are you (or me) to say to her that she isn't right? Where you in her "shoes" last night? No.

And as for the comparison. I was just making a GENERAL COMPARISON of blaming something that you can't affect, piss off with that "you are offending people bla bla bla" thing. You can't affect having to go to pee when you aren't near a toilet, but you still do. Does that suits you better?

cellophane
Sep 3rd, 2012, 04:23 PM
Petrova was "bitchy" with her comment, Sharapova replied in the same manner. Nothing wrong about that. And I can't even say it's bitchy...it's competitive sport, it's normal.

I fail to see what's bitchy about

Maybe delusional, but bitchy?...

anyways, Sharapova was probably given a different quote...

Cosmic Voices
Sep 3rd, 2012, 04:25 PM
I can't believe this is even a discussion, considering the epic bitchfests of hingis, WS + mauresmo

this is nothing but a school girl tiff

tejmeglekvár
Sep 3rd, 2012, 04:25 PM
if coming back from 0-2 is "luck", then coming back from 0-4 is what exactly? :tape:

Tenis Srbija
Sep 3rd, 2012, 04:27 PM
I fail to see what's bitchy about

Maybe delusional, but bitchy?...

anyways, Sharapova was probably given a different quote...

They said to her "Nadia said you were lucky..." and that's it. I would reply in the same manner as she did. 99% of worlds population with IQ over 80 and with smallest amount of self-respect would reply like Maria did. And once again, I don't find her reply to be bitchy. It's the ugly truth :lol:

Qetusi
Sep 3rd, 2012, 04:28 PM
Q. Petrova was just asked about the rain delay. She said really that's why you won and called it your lucky day.

MARIA SHARAPOVA: Great. I'm the winner, so whatever she wants to call it is fine with me.

Feyd
Sep 3rd, 2012, 04:30 PM
All this she got lucky excuses, it was not like Petrova was playing some ridiculous tennis blowing Martha off the court, if anything she got lucky with Martha going AWOL at the start of the second set hitting everything out.

Mistress of Evil
Sep 3rd, 2012, 04:33 PM

That's why it's always nice when Serena gives her a beatdown. I can't believe I'm saying that... I was very pissed at 2007 AO result. :o

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m9e3oyxDd91rqqr40o5_250.gif

Babe, you are clearly pressed & obsessed and it ain't good for your health. Yes, Pova is a vile bitchy witch ( always has been & always will be) and you will deal. Siberian Supremacy!

GoofyDuck
Sep 3rd, 2012, 04:35 PM
Not first time Pova escapes thanks to rain in a GS, atleast last time she admitted it :lol:

Then I think Pova considers that one Cincinatti final in 2010: "Clijsters' lucky day" ?? :oh:
or no-- she would never.

Nicolás89
Sep 3rd, 2012, 04:36 PM
if coming back from 0-2 is "luck", then coming back from 0-4 is what exactly? :tape:

That never happened, she lost that set. :lol:

domon17th
Sep 3rd, 2012, 04:41 PM
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m9e3oyxDd91rqqr40o5_250.gif

Babe, you are clearly pressed & obsessed and it ain't good for your health. Yes, Pova is a vile bitchy witch ( always has been & always will be) and you will deal. Siberian Supremacy!

Haters gonna hate :sad:

Anyway the original quote from Nadia isn't like that, reporters doing their usual shit to try and sensationalise everything. I see no fault from both sides.

Tenis Srbija
Sep 3rd, 2012, 04:50 PM
Babe, you are clearly pressed & obsessed and it ain't good for your health. Yes, Pova is a vile bitchy witch ( always has been & always will be) and you will deal. Siberian Supremacy![/FONT][/SIZE]

:facepalm:

Vincey!
Sep 3rd, 2012, 04:54 PM

Yes I am. There is a relation. For example. If I have 100 euros in my pocket and someone steals them away from me and on the other hand some billionaire losses 10.000.000 dollars. We all feel that whatever bad happened to us IS THE WORST THING. No matter what it is or did someone else experienced something 10 times worse. Did you ever feel better just cause someone told you "ah, worst things happen to people". Nadia can't affect the rain, it came in a moment when she was on fire (4-0 in games), when she came back she wasn't on fire. Enough said. For God's sake, 99% (if not 100%) of texts about this match have the "RAIN DELAY" in the tittle. I just don't agree with you, and it looks like the majority of people who watched this match don't agree with you as well. In the end, it's all up to Nadia. She feel that the rain delay crushed you, who are you (or me) to say to her that she isn't right? Where you in her "shoes" last night? No.

And as for the comparison. I was just making a GENERAL COMPARISON of blaming something that you can't affect, piss off with that "you are offending people bla bla bla" thing. You can't affect having to go to pee when you aren't near a toilet, but you still do. Does that suits you better?
You make less and less sense! I NEVER said that the rain delay didn't affect the play. What my point is that it is NOT an excuse, that it shouldn't be used as the main reason that she lost the match! Your comparison was shady cuz the rain didn't crush her, it didn't demolish anything, it didn't steal anything from her! It created a pause that let both player the time to think. They BOTH got the same thing, none was technically favored. If you wanna make a comparison it should be something like you were waiting in a line outside to go at a festival, then rain started and everyone got cover but when the rain stopped some people were quicker to get back in line and you ended up entering a few people later than you'd have been usually. You have only yourself to blame to not have got back in the line faster. Unfortunate, but the rain is not the only or the main reason you got passed. You could also have been passed in the line originally if someone just cut the line, or you had to go to the bathroom and lost places etc.
The rain gave a chance for Maria to regroup that's all, nothing was destroyed on Nadia's side. Why is this thread open if nobody agrees that Nadia shouldn't use rain delay as an excuse? (which is my point and not the fact that rain change or not things in this match) I've seen comments and got rep agreeing with me so you make no sense. Petrova also won 4 games in a row in the 2nd set and we all know how it ended, Maria came back with no rain switching momentum so it's not like if rain would or could have been the only reason for such a come back either! If you think it's sane for an elite athlete to use excuses like that for losing matches and not work on the weakness than it's up to you. Good thing you're never gonna be a coach. I think it's a coward attitude tht won't help her in the long run. It's the easy way out, never the good option.

Tenis Srbija
Sep 3rd, 2012, 04:58 PM
You make less and less sense! I NEVER said that the rain delay didn't affect the play. What my point is that it is NOT an excuse, that it shouldn't be used as the main reason that she lost the match! Your comparison was shady cuz the rain didn't crush her, it didn't demolish anything, it didn't steal anything from her! It created a pause that let both player the time to think. They BOTH got the same thing, none was technically favored. If you wanna make a comparison it should be something like you were waiting in a line outside to go at a festival, then rain started and everyone got cover but when the rain stopped some people were quicker to get back in line and you ended up entering a few people later than you'd have been usually. You have only yourself to blame to not have got back in the line faster. Unfortunate, but the rain is not the only or the main reason you got passed. You could also have been passed in the line originally if someone just cut the line, or you had to go to the bathroom and lost places etc.
The rain gave a chance for Maria to regroup that's all, nothing was destroyed on Nadia's side. Why is this thread open if nobody agrees that Nadia shouldn't use rain delay as an excuse? (which is my point and not the fact that rain change or not things in this match) I've seen comments and got rep agreeing with me so you make no sense. Petrova also won 4 games in a row in the 2nd set and we all know how it ended, Maria came back with no rain switching momentum so it's not like if rain would or could have been the only reason for such a come back either! If you think it's sane for an elite athlete to use excuses like that for losing matches and not work on the weakness than it's up to you. Good thing you're never gonna be a coach. I think it's a coward attitude tht won't help her in the long run. It's the easy way out, never the good option.

That's more then enough ;) Once again, you/me/whoever except Nadia has no idea how the rain delay affected Nadia. If she says it affected her I have no other but to believe her. Simple as that.

Vincey!
Sep 3rd, 2012, 04:59 PM
Haters gonna hate :sad:

Anyway the original quote from Nadia isn't like that, reporters doing their usual shit to try and sensationalise everything. I see no fault from both sides.

This, looks like the official statement from Nadia was not as bitter as it was portrayed in the first place. Still worrying tho lol

Vincey!
Sep 3rd, 2012, 05:02 PM
That's more then enough ;) Once again, you/me/whoever except Nadia has no idea how the rain delay affected Nadia. If she says it affected her I have no other but to believe her. Simple as that.

LOL but it gave the same chance for Nadia. THE POINT IS Maria came back strong but Nadia was still there playing. If you can't adjust and beat a player changing their game and coming back strong then you deserve to lose. The problem is that it affected Nadia lol it just proves the she's weaker mentally and that's what lost her the match.

cellophane
Sep 3rd, 2012, 05:03 PM
They said to her "Nadia said you were lucky..." and that's it. :lol:

Well, if that's what they told her, fair enough... :) Still, she has said bitchy things before :p

Tenis Srbija
Sep 3rd, 2012, 05:14 PM
LOL but it gave the same chance for Nadia. THE POINT IS Maria came back strong but Nadia was still there playing. If you can't adjust and beat a player changing their game and coming back strong then you deserve to lose. The problem is that it affected Nadia lol it just proves the she's weaker mentally and that's what lost her the match.

And that's what I've been saying from the start. It's what caused it...it's not about what rain brought up to light.

Vincey!
Sep 3rd, 2012, 05:19 PM
And that's what I've been saying from the start. It's what caused it...it's not about what rain brought up to light.

LMAO the argument is about whether using it as an excuse TO LOSE the match is good or not. It's not since the reason she lost the match is her mental weakness, that's the main reason. What causes the weakness to show up is not relevant, what she needs to work on and what made the difference in the match is not the rain, cuz her weak mental could have showed up anytime, anywhere, with or without rain.

Tezuka.
Sep 3rd, 2012, 05:20 PM
Nadia. :facepalm:

Tenis Srbija
Sep 3rd, 2012, 05:27 PM
LMAO the argument is about whether using it as an excuse TO LOSE the match is good or not. It's not since the reason she lost the match is her mental weakness, that's the main reason. What causes the weakness to show up is not relevant, what she needs to work on and what made the difference in the match is not the rain, cuz her weak mental could have showed up anytime, anywhere, with or without rain.

Well, it is relevant if that factor shows up and exposes your mental weakness. Like it did.
Once again (3rd time) Nadia knows did it affect her on not. You don't. I don't. She says it did.

NashaMasha
Sep 3rd, 2012, 05:30 PM
Petrova didn't choke in the third set, she served/played better than in the second , but Masha started to play on a unreachable for Petrova level.... Eventually the better player won....

Now Petrova is telling silly things about luck, but in reality she admits that she could have won only if Maria had continued self-destruction, she admits that her tennis is not good enough to beat her when both play their best tennis.

andyjason
Sep 3rd, 2012, 05:34 PM
sharapova is so arrogant!

Vincey!
Sep 3rd, 2012, 05:35 PM
Well, it is relevant if that factor shows up and exposes your mental weakness. Like it did.
Once again (3rd time) Nadia knows did it affect her on not. You don't. I don't. She says it did.

You agree with me that the rain didn't play the match right?
You agree that both players had the same amount of time to see their coach/talk to whoever they want and do whatever they want, they were both even right?
You agree with me that Maria came back strong right?
You agree with me that Nadia couldn't adjust to that new pumped up Maria right?
AND we all agree that the rain SHOWED that Petrova didn't have the mental strenght to beat Maria last night right?

Therefore the REASON she lost the match is because she didn't have the mental toughness to come back from the rain delay. NOT the rain delay itself. Rain can't play tennis for you.

andyjason
Sep 3rd, 2012, 05:38 PM
Sharapova often avoid Serena before F in Grand Slam, isn't it??

andyjason
Sep 3rd, 2012, 05:42 PM
Petrova didn't choke in the third set, she served/played better than in the second , but Masha started to play on a unreachable for Petrova level.... Eventually the better player won....

Now Petrova is telling silly things about luck, but in reality she admits that she could have won only if Maria had continued self-destruction, she admits that her tennis is not good enough to beat her when both play their best tennis.

What Nadia said is right though she is play the blame game, when Nadia is in good shape and sugapova is in poor shape before the rain, obviously without the rain, Nadia would probably win, but when rain delays the match, many things can happen.

NashaMasha
Sep 3rd, 2012, 06:01 PM
What Nadia said is right though she is play the blame game, when Nadia is in good shape and sugapova is in poor shape before the rain, obviously without the rain, Nadia would probably win, but when rain delays the match, many things can happen.

Did Kirilenko blame the rain her loss to Radwanska at Wimbledon?
Did Nanal blame the rain his loss to Rosol?
Did Sharapova blame the rain her loss to Clijsters?

It's fans who can be unhappy and can explain defeats by rain , bad calls etc. For player trying to find excuse for their defeat in circumstances, opponent's luck is ridiculous

Vincey!
Sep 3rd, 2012, 06:03 PM
Sharapova often avoid Serena before F in Grand Slam, isn't it??

The magic of being seeded in the top 4 lol when they were in the same quarter/semis one of them managed to lose earlier lol

tennisrules
Sep 3rd, 2012, 06:08 PM
Rain disrupts tennis matches all the time. Sharapova dealt with the delay better than Nadia did. It's as simple as that. The player down in the match when the rain delay occurs almost always comes back from the delay refreshed because they've had time to calm down, regroup, talk with the coach, etc.

I like Nadia and it is sad to see her make excuses like this. I can understand her bitterness, though - it's getting harder and harder for her to get to the second week of Slams in singles and this was a great shot for her to do that.

dencod16
Sep 3rd, 2012, 06:15 PM
People here are just retarded, Sharapova was helped by the rain as she looked like a lost puppy and didn't really know what to do on court before the rain delay. The rain delay didn't help Petrova as she was playing well already. With the rain delay Sharapova got to brainstorm with dad and coach on what to do and how to improve her game, with her father's advise it was to do intimidate her opponent.

JeMa
Sep 3rd, 2012, 06:18 PM
People here are just retarded, Sharapova was helped by the rain as she looked like a lost puppy and didn't really know what to do on court before the rain delay. The rain delay didn't help Petrova as she was playing well already. With the rain delay Sharapova got to brainstorm with dad and coach on what to do and how to improve her game, with her father's advise it was to do intimidate her opponent.

She is no longer coached by her father nor does he travel with her. Her coach is Thomas Hogstadt (spell?)

Tenis Srbija
Sep 3rd, 2012, 06:20 PM
You agree with me that the rain didn't play the match right?
You agree that both players had the same amount of time to see their coach/talk to whoever they want and do whatever they want, they were both even right?
You agree with me that Maria came back strong right?
You agree with me that Nadia couldn't adjust to that new pumped up Maria right?
AND we all agree that the rain SHOWED that Petrova didn't have the mental strenght to beat Maria last night right?

Therefore the REASON she lost the match is because she didn't have the mental toughness to come back from the rain delay. NOT the rain delay itself. Rain can't play tennis for you.

Dear God :sobbing: Let me put it this way. If we didn't have the rain delay yesterday, maybe (once again, I do not believe that Nadia would win that match, with or without the rain delay) Nadia would keep her momentum, or something similar to second set would happen. Do you understand now? Yes, I've said 2929429492 times that the mental weakness is a factor, but I'm trying to help you realize that it was the fu*king rain that served that mental weakness on a plate to Maria. I'm trying to help you realize that Maria benefited out of that 1hour time out. And that was because of the RAIN DELAY! I pointed out that there are few players in the world that storm in at the start of the match. She is one of them. She had two starts of the matches last evening. And for the final time, if Nadia said she was disturbed by the RAIN DELAY, that's it. If you wanna be her shrink and make her realize that she is saying crap, then go and find her. I'm sure she is waiting for you ;)

NashaMasha
Sep 3rd, 2012, 06:26 PM
The better player won, that's what we need to know about this match... It's not like Petrova won 2nd set and lost 3d , it was more about Masha . Masha was losing and then winning, the whole match was more about her game, her shots , her DF or aces.

Petrova was just an outsider who could benefited from Masha's self-destruction. It's weired tactics to get in QF at Slams... Thank God, not workable

os400
Sep 3rd, 2012, 06:26 PM
whats the point on arguing? maria won the match and thats that..

Tenis Srbija
Sep 3rd, 2012, 06:30 PM
The better player won, that's what we need to know about this match... It's not like Petrova won 2nd set and lost 3d , it was more about Masha . Masha was losing and then winning, the whole match was more about her game, her shots , her DF or aces.

Petrova was just an outsider who could benefited from Masha's self-destruction. It's weired tactics to get in QF at Slams... Thank God, not workable

So-so true. You can't say Nadia didn't play some amazing shots in this match, and her defense was also very good at times. That too affected Maria making mistakes and going for the point earlier then she should. But in the end I agree, Maria won this match fair and square :lol:

DefyingGravity
Sep 3rd, 2012, 06:41 PM
How Petrova could even let herself accept this as an excuse is beyond me. Rain affected both of you equally. Maria just stayed steadier in the long run. That's it.

Vincey!
Sep 3rd, 2012, 06:44 PM
Dear God :sobbing: Let me put it this way. If we didn't have the rain delay yesterday, maybe (once again, I do not believe that Nadia would win that match, with or without the rain delay) Nadia would keep her momentum, or something similar to second set would happen. Do you understand now? Yes, I've said 2929429492 times that the mental weakness is a factor, but I'm trying to help you realize that it was the fu*king rain that served that mental weakness on a plate to Maria. I'm trying to help you realize that Maria benefited out of that 1hour time out. And that was because of the RAIN DELAY! I pointed out that there are few players in the world that storm in at the start of the match. She is one of them. She had two starts of the matches last evening. And for the final time, if Nadia said she was disturbed by the RAIN DELAY, that's it. If you wanna be her shrink and make her realize that she is saying crap, then go and find her. I'm sure she is waiting for you ;)

loll What I'm saying is the real reason for her loss is not the rain and whatever she says about it she knows it too. Seriously, you're saying it yourself that she would have probably lost the match anyway with or without the rain. I don't get why you keep arguing about it. She choked a 4 love lead in the 2nd and got lucky Maria played like shit. She never or rarely makes those kind of mistakes in a 3rd set tho. That's pretty naive of you to think tht she actually think she lost because of the rain. You're contradicting yourself as well. Guess there's no point in trying to make you understand that there's not a little rain drop with a racquet on court hitting the ball for Maria or for Nadia out there. Rain HELPED Maria but it didn't make her WIN it. That's the bottom line of what i'm saying. Rain delay doesn't cause her mental breakdown, it's her weak mentality that makes the rain delay becoming such an hurdle. Interviewers wanna know why you lose the match. Saying the reason why you got distracted is just a coward excuse. The reason is you got distracted, plain and simple, you can only blame yourself for that. If you can't understand that, maybe you should see some shrink. Assuming you're agreeing with her since you're defending her so hard lol

dencod16
Sep 3rd, 2012, 06:47 PM
She is no longer coached by her father nor does he travel with her. Her coach is Thomas Hogstadt (spell?)

So for a Masha fan you actually don't read interviews. What a fan. She actually called her dad if you didn;t know there are cellphones nowadays.

"Sharapova spoke to her father, Yuri, on the telephone during the break and took his advice to play with increased energy and aggression when play resumed."

"I called him," Sharapova said. "I didn't want to hear it after, if I didn't call him. I didn't want to have that conversation.
"He just said, 'Your energy dropped in the beginning of the second set. That's over. That's done. Now you got to go out there and fight.' I wasn't going to leave that court without a fight."

Shuji Shuriken
Sep 3rd, 2012, 07:13 PM
This bitch is nuts http://i1050.photobucket.com/albums/s414/rjay848/troll.gif. Sure, the rain slowed her momentum. But the rain did not wash away her ability to play tennis. What she needs to do is visit the Wizard of Oz to get a fucking brain http://i.minus.com/iOHm7H62Jm3I9.gif.

Salve
Sep 3rd, 2012, 07:23 PM
Petrova needs to step her pussy game up and stop being a punk bish. Sharapova won 6 games after the rain delay, and she could only muster two games. Blame yourself, trick, and keept it MOVING.

NEXT!

andyjason
Sep 3rd, 2012, 07:33 PM
Did Kirilenko blame the rain her loss to Radwanska at Wimbledon?
Did Nanal blame the rain his loss to Rosol?
Did Sharapova blame the rain her loss to Clijsters?

It's fans who can be unhappy and can explain defeats by rain , bad calls etc. For player trying to find excuse for their defeat in circumstances, opponent's luck is ridiculous

That's why I am saying Nadia is playing the blame game but at the same time what she said is right~
When a match is delayed or interrupted, players can be hugely influenced in different ways, even the noise from the crowd would affect players.

Of course when Nadia complains about the rain, she is quite rude, but think carefully, she has her points.

edificio
Sep 3rd, 2012, 07:36 PM
For godsake, people! The rain delay helped Masha! Stating a fact is not making an excuse. It is impossible to say what would have happened without the rain delay, but it did change the game. I suspect Nadia would have lost anyway, but it might have been in less dramatic and obnoxious fashion. Masha was definitely Hewitt after the rain delay. :lol: Sorry, Nadia, mental fortitude is a fleeting thing for you.

edificio
Sep 3rd, 2012, 07:37 PM
So for a Masha fan you actually don't read interviews. What a fan. She actually called her dad if you didn;t know there are cellphones nowadays.

"Sharapova spoke to her father, Yuri, on the telephone during the break and took his advice to play with increased energy and aggression when play resumed."

"I called him," Sharapova said. "I didn't want to hear it after, if I didn't call him. I didn't want to have that conversation.
"He just said, 'Your energy dropped in the beginning of the second set. That's over. That's done. Now you got to go out there and fight.' I wasn't going to leave that court without a fight."

Why make such a big deal out of something so minor? :confused::rolleyes:

Tenis Srbija
Sep 3rd, 2012, 07:39 PM
When a match is delayed or interrupted, players can be hugely influenced in different ways, even the noise from the crowd would affect players.

Of course when Nadia complains about the rain, she is quite rude, but think carefully, she has her points.

For godsake, people! The rain delay helped Masha! Stating a fact is not making an excuse. It is impossible to say what would have happened without the rain delay, but it did change the game. I suspect Nadia would have lost anyway, but it might have been in less dramatic and obnoxious fashion. Masha was definitely Hewitt after the rain delay. :lol: Sorry, Nadia, mental fortitude is a fleeting thing for you.

Right on the spot! :yeah:

Kunal
Sep 3rd, 2012, 07:41 PM
weak

Marcoo
Sep 3rd, 2012, 07:45 PM
Wow can't believe Petrova said that... Loosing respect with that ;) Sharapova won becouse she was better and is playing at her best right now, what was Petrova expecting ? ;D

JamieOwen3
Sep 3rd, 2012, 07:47 PM
She is right in a way, it gave Maria time to compose herself because before the rain delay she was giving Nadia the match with her terrible errors and doubles. It's never nice seeing someone lose because they played so bad so when Maria came back out she played much better and so did Nadia actually! Nadia served very well after returning but Maria returned even better.

Craig.
Sep 3rd, 2012, 07:54 PM
Why make such a big deal out of something so minor? :confused::rolleyes:

Thank you. JESUS.