PDA

View Full Version : So, who thinks the 4th rd. matchups in the bottom half are exciting?

Tennis Fool
Sep 3rd, 2012, 03:35 AM
Anyone really looking forward to these matches?

Pironkova v Ivanovic
Hlavackova v Serena
Kerber vs Errani
Vinci vs Radwanksa

I just can't get excited about them. Maybe one or two will turn into real contests to watch for the tennis.

NashaP
Sep 3rd, 2012, 03:36 AM
I agree, all of these matches are boring. Serena gets her usual cakewalk

All of the other players are uninteresting. :yawn:

fluffyelloballz
Sep 3rd, 2012, 03:37 AM
i think ivanovic pironkova match will be a mess and very entertaining
Vinci will have radwanska in an upset
so those matches should be good
The other two are going to be snoozefests for me.

Tennis Fool
Sep 3rd, 2012, 03:38 AM
I can't wait until the post 1991 generation breaks through.

Aryman3
Sep 3rd, 2012, 03:40 AM
Who is Radwanksa?
Never heard about her

sweetadri06
Sep 3rd, 2012, 03:40 AM

Serena rarely gets cakewalks in GS. But if it makes you feel better go ahead and think that. :lol:
As far as the bottom half matches are concerned, Kerber/Errani and Radwanska/Vinci are potentially great matches coming up.

HRHoliviasmith
Sep 3rd, 2012, 03:41 AM

LOL.

Vincey!
Sep 3rd, 2012, 03:43 AM
Pironkova v Ivanovic quite exciting! Should be a good match!
Hlavackova v Serena not really exciting match wise, Serena should win this easily but watching Andrea is never a bad idea ;)
Kerber vs Errani boring, kerber is gonna win that one easily
Vinci vs Radwanksa interesting! I'm seeing an upset here.

NashaP
Sep 3rd, 2012, 03:43 AM
All of this cakewalk is going straight to Serena's thighs and booty :oh:

sxeraserhead
Sep 3rd, 2012, 03:48 AM
Kerber vs Errani
Vinci vs Radwanksa

will be great matches for sure.

ShiftyFella
Sep 3rd, 2012, 03:57 AM
Errani vs Kirby would be annoying but interesting to watch
Aga vs Vinci smelling upset here
Serena vs Andrea has a chance to upset Serena's balance and annoy her for awhile
Sveta vs Ana must see game for me

Reptilia
Sep 3rd, 2012, 04:05 AM
Yawn.

Craig.
Sep 3rd, 2012, 04:09 AM
There's a reason a women's doubles match is on the night session schedule tomorrow :lol:

Simugna Help
Sep 3rd, 2012, 04:17 AM
There's a reason a women's doubles match is on the night session schedule tomorrow :lol:

So dumb :awww:

Craig.
Sep 3rd, 2012, 04:19 AM
So dumb :awww:

Dude, I thought our PMs meant we were cool :(

ToopsTame
Sep 3rd, 2012, 04:20 AM
Just give the trophy and cheque to Serena already. Why should we suffer through more NID matches?

ezone
Sep 3rd, 2012, 04:28 AM
I guess the bottom draw kerber and venus wasn't a very exciting match !
I'll watch Kerber and the person who started this thread can focus on Bartoli.

Lots of good matches.

The 2nd Law
Sep 3rd, 2012, 06:22 AM
Ivanovic will deliver for her haters, so entertainment will still be had

Angelus87
Sep 3rd, 2012, 09:42 AM
Vinci vs Radwanksa interesting! I'm seeing an upset here.
Aga vs Vinci smelling upset here
go try smell this somewhere else maby Bartoli vs Pova :P

ArmAroundYou
Sep 3rd, 2012, 09:43 AM
Erm, no one? This half is weak as hell. The GOAT, a couple of pushers and random journeywomen. Winner is coming from the top half.

Angelus87
Sep 3rd, 2012, 09:55 AM
Erm, no one? This half is weak as hell. The GOAT, a couple of pushers and random journeywomen. Winner is coming from the top half.

it s show how you know tennis :P

ArmAroundYou
Sep 3rd, 2012, 09:56 AM
it s show how you know tennis :P

I don't understand that sentence

Volcana
Sep 3rd, 2012, 10:07 AM
Kerber-Errani

Reptilia
Sep 3rd, 2012, 10:12 AM
Polish posters are so annoying :weirdo:

ArmAroundYou
Sep 3rd, 2012, 10:14 AM

I'm new here but I have indeed picked up on that

ShiftyFella
Sep 3rd, 2012, 10:22 AM
go try smell this somewhere else maby Bartoli vs Pova :P
Bartoli is too gross for my liking, though she is in QF and you don't;)

bandabou
Sep 3rd, 2012, 10:27 AM
Not much going on there qua excitement...and ain't it funny. One time Masha gets a semi hard draw and her fans go talk about other players having cakewalks?! :lol:

dany.p
Sep 3rd, 2012, 10:30 AM
Not much going on there qua excitement...and ain't it funny. One time Masha gets a semi hard draw and her fans go talk about other players having cakewalks?! :lol:

Really? You honestly beleive this is the one time Sharapova has gotten a hard draw?

LUVMIRZA
Sep 3rd, 2012, 10:40 AM
Ewwwww not me:lol:

tripler
Sep 3rd, 2012, 10:46 AM
Been reading up on Andrea Hlavackova - seems like a nice person, and very attractive girl. I'd love her to put out Serena but that's a 100/1 shot.

ACEof DIAMONDS
Sep 3rd, 2012, 10:49 AM
Ivanovic to beat Serena

HAHAHAHAHAHAH even I can't buy that BS

Might as well save this draw for next time Williams fans bitch about a draw which is ALWAYS!

lenas warriors
Sep 3rd, 2012, 11:11 AM
Garbage matches compared to the top half

cescsas
Sep 3rd, 2012, 11:23 AM
I'm interested to know why people think Roberta can beat aga, I do love watching Roberta but she dosen't have any weapons to trouble aga. Should be a really good match to watch plenty or skill, talent and variety on show better than watching serena butchering hlava or ivanovic and pironkova hammering the back fence. Errani/kerber should be good to watch could be a 3 hour affair I reckon.

ArmAroundYou
Sep 3rd, 2012, 11:32 AM
I totes see Vinci beating Radwanska to be honest, and I disagree about Vinci not having the arsenal to trouble her. Radwanska thrives against hard-hitting, offensive baseliners. That's what her whole game is built around. Pace variations give her nothing to work with. See the 2nd round against Suarez-Navarro, who doesn't even slice that much but uses different amounts of top-spin when constructing her points.

Plus italian players are the most fearless out there. They really don't care about their opponent's ranking.

Nevertheless, I think it'll be a great match. Radwanska will need to bring out her most wicked shots like the fake-dropshot (the one which looks like a dropshot but is actually a well disguised down-the-line slice) and those lobs. Should be quite entertaining.

bandabou
Sep 3rd, 2012, 11:52 AM
Really? You honestly beleive this is the one time Sharapova has gotten a hard draw?

And that Serena always has cakewalk-draws?! :shrug:

cescsas
Sep 3rd, 2012, 11:59 AM
I totes see Vinci beating Radwanska to be honest, and I disagree about Vinci not having the arsenal to trouble her. Radwanska thrives against hard-hitting, offensive baseliners. That's what her whole game is built around. Pace variations give her nothing to work with. See the 2nd round against Suarez-Navarro, who doesn't even slice that much but uses different amounts of top-spin when constructing her points.

Plus italian players are the most fearless out there. They really don't care about their opponent's ranking.

Nevertheless, I think it'll be a great match. Radwanska will need to bring out her most wicked shots like the fake-dropshot (the one which looks like a dropshot but is actually a well disguised down-the-line slice) and those lobs. Should be quite entertaining.

I do really enjoy watching Vinci play amazing natural talent but I can't agree with you in fact the opposite is true the big hitters can hit aga off the court (azarenka, sharapova, li) she can control players like Vinci. Roberta can only attack with her forehand and if aga is on her game Roberta isn't capable of hitting continuous winners with her forehand. Also I think the backhand slice plays into aga's hands her footwork is so good she can use the slice and place the ball where she wants and dictate play. The main difference between these two is aga is a great thinker as well as great touch and instinct where as Vinci plays very instinctively. I'm not convinced of her tactical ability. Also I'm surprised she hasn't developed her top spin backhand more would have given her and added attacking weapon rather than the sliced backhand which is a great shot but not a damaging point.

Simugna Help
Sep 3rd, 2012, 12:00 PM
Well Radwanska doesn't particularly fear Italian players either as she won the last 12 matches against them, among those her win against Vinci in Madrid this year was the only one where she lost more than 5 games.:lol:

TeraByte
Sep 3rd, 2012, 02:21 PM
I'm new here but I have indeed picked up on that

They at least don't make these generalizing and in fact discriminating remarks about British or Australian posters.

Patrick345
Sep 3rd, 2012, 02:54 PM
Nothing on paper looked exciting about Sharapova/Petrova (8-1 H2H), Kvitova/Bartoli (form difference), Azarenka/Tatishvili (ranking difference) and yet we saw high-quality and dramatic tennis matches. Maybe more of the same today?

Tennis Fool
Sep 3rd, 2012, 09:49 PM
Well, were any of these matches exciting? I just woke up.

Serena slaughtered Andrea, 0 & 0.
Ana defeated Tsvetana, 0 & 4.
Sara shocks Angelique, 76(5) 63!
And those who guessed an upset by Roberta against Aga were right, her winning 1 & 4.