PDA

View Full Version : Bombshell: Serena, Vika and Maria 13-0 against their QF opponents!

Tennis Fool
Sep 3rd, 2012, 02:47 AM
Head to Heads

Serena vs. Ana, 3-0, no sets lost.
Vika vs Sam 6-0, no sets lost.
Maria vs Marion 4-0, no sets lost.

:help:

Tennis Fool
Sep 3rd, 2012, 03:17 AM
Yeah, not exciting is it :p

Might as well talk about the SF: Vika vs. Maria. H2h is 5-4 Vika. Maria won the last meeting, which was on clay. However, Vika has won the four hardcourt matchups.

RenaSlam.
Sep 3rd, 2012, 03:18 AM
Vika will beat Maria.

Vincey!
Sep 3rd, 2012, 03:19 AM
I think Vika might have real trouble against Stosur. She seems unbelivably confident here. Still I can see Vika winning and even in 2 sets.

Sharapova should probably beat Bartoli fairly easily.

Rest Maria!
Sep 3rd, 2012, 03:21 AM
Man, it feels weird, but Vuvurenka might need to save tennis once again. One reason is that her sruggles against Serena are much more competitive, the other is that after the gamesmanship Sharapova displayed tonight, she should be forbidden on bigger stages. :tape:

Vincey!
Sep 3rd, 2012, 03:24 AM
Man, it feels weird, but Vuvurenka might need to save tennis once again. One reason is that her sruggles against Serena are much more competitive, the other is that after the gamesmanship Sharapova displayed tonight, she should be forbidden on bigger stages. :tape:

You're not serious right? You're annoyed cuz she was intense in the late state of a 3rd set after coming back from 0-2? AND THAT after her opponents coach was clapping her own df and mistakes? Sorry but you need to sort out your priorities....SCREAMING c'mon<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<clapping dfs.

Rest Maria!
Sep 3rd, 2012, 03:35 AM
Sorry but no. Whatever Ricardo was doing in the final game does not justify Sharapova's lack of sportsmanship she was displaying after the rain delay at all. Hopefully Vika will beat her even harder than in the AO final.

justineheninfan
Sep 3rd, 2012, 03:40 AM
I thought Stosur might give Azarenka some trouble before the last couple rounds, but seeing her struggle her last couple matches a bit, and considering Azarenka's ownage of Sam, I expect a usual beatdown. Bartoli vs Sharapova will actually be the closer of the two I think, but probably 2 sets for Maria as well.

As for the semis, would favor Azarenka if they meet. Since a Serena-Maria final would be an ugly beatdown in Serena's favor with Maria winning 0-3 games, I hope for Azarenka too just for a better final, despite that I prefer Maria to Victoria.

SAISAI-GOAT
Sep 3rd, 2012, 03:41 AM
I hope Samantha beats Vika so Aga can be #1 by going to the final :awww:

Tennis Fool
Sep 3rd, 2012, 10:00 PM
Update: Only Sara vs. Robi has the makings of a unknown outcome. 3-2 Sara.

Shvedbarilescu
Sep 3rd, 2012, 10:07 PM
Not exactly the most earthshatteringly exciting quarterfinals then. I will watch Roby v Sara and that should have some fun competitive tennis in it, and I will give these three one sided massacres a miss.

Stonerpova
Sep 3rd, 2012, 10:09 PM
Yeah, not exciting is it :p

Might as well talk about the SF: Vika vs. Maria. H2h is 5-4 Vika. Maria won the last meeting, which was on clay. However, Vika has won the four hardcourt matchups.

Maria's won 2 on hard courts :confused:

Tennis Fool
Sep 3rd, 2012, 10:10 PM
Maria's won 2 on hard courts :confused:
Sorry, that should be "won the last four."

mckyle.
Sep 3rd, 2012, 10:12 PM
So the final will be Serena vs. Vika?

NashaMasha
Sep 3rd, 2012, 10:15 PM
So the final will be Serena vs. Vika?

exactly as the SF must have been Kerber/Aga-Serena and one of the QF - Petra-Sharapova

actually Sharapova getting throught Marion and Vika is not less possible than Vika getting through Sam and Masha

Let.them.talk
Sep 3rd, 2012, 10:19 PM
In the papers, they own this girls, but anything can happen, so stay tuned :P :P :P

Tennis Fool
Sep 4th, 2012, 06:59 PM
Vika almost upset by Stosur :eek: Lost her first set to her, but with the tiebreak won, is now 7-0.

tennisfan5
Sep 4th, 2012, 07:11 PM
Serena-Ana have been close-ish 2 set affairs. Ana is playing the best she has in a while. Maybe could be close

MaBaker
Sep 4th, 2012, 07:29 PM
Omg. Omg. Omg.

Tennis Fool
Sep 5th, 2012, 07:21 PM
Interesting that two players dropped sets to their turkeys for the first time. Pova def. Marion, 36 63 64.

Will Serena drop a set to Ana :scared:

Charlatan
Sep 5th, 2012, 07:25 PM
women tennis :worship:

duhcity
Sep 5th, 2012, 07:27 PM
This jinx thread :hysteric:

Cp6uja
Sep 5th, 2012, 07:29 PM
Head to Heads

Serena vs. Ana, 3-0, no sets lost.
Vika vs Sam 6-0, no sets lost.
Maria vs Marion 4-0, no sets lost.

:help:

So according to trend Ana will win only one set against Serena tonight. :crying2:

Tennis Fool
Sep 6th, 2012, 05:04 AM
^ No sets, falling 1 & 3 :)