PDA

View Full Version : Ana Ivanovic does not deserve to be on Ashe stadium doesn't have results.

Morrissey
Sep 3rd, 2012, 01:18 AM
I am not a Victoria Azarenka or Samantha Stosur fan but I think it is disturbing that Ana Ivanovic gets her matches on center court so many times. Ivanovic hasn't done much on the WTA in the past four years. She might beat reach the QF of the US OPEN but that would be the first time in FOUR YEARS she's reached that far in a major.

I think it disturbing that Ivanovic is getting on the big stage while Petra Kvitova never got on to Ashe even though she won Wimbledon last year. It isn't right that Ivanovic is getting on to the stadium court when she doesn't deserve or earned it.

Do people forget Ivanovic was destroyed 6-0 6-0 by Roberta Vinci in Montreal just two weeks ago in the third round.

Ivanovic doesn't deserve the big stage because her results in the last few years are poor and underwhelming. The only reason I can see Ivanovic getting on center court is due to sexism. Ivanovic is considered pretty for heterosexual male consumers. Even though Ivanovic hasn't done anything on the WTA in over four years.

Michalka
Sep 3rd, 2012, 01:22 AM
:unsure:

@danieln1
Another insightful thread.... it would be better if you just shut up

Ivanovic attracts huge crowd every year at the US Open. Her last match Ashe Stadium was packed, and for the other matches there is always a lot of people who want to watch her, actually since 06 this happens. She is one of the stars of WTA.

New York loves Ivanovic

Alexander18
Choosing one woman over another woman isn't sexism. She is more well known than Victoria and even Sam, despite her winning the US Open last year. It's a business, and she must bring in more viewers I suppose.

edificio
Sep 3rd, 2012, 01:24 AM
So you admit you are disturbed? Okay.

Charlatan
Sep 3rd, 2012, 01:36 AM
:yawn:

bobbynorwich
Sep 3rd, 2012, 01:41 AM
Has less to do with results than how many people want to see her. If they put her on a smaller stadium, lots of fans wouldn't be able to get in to see her, and holders of expensive Ashe seats might feel gypped to have to leave it to go elsewhere to see a favorite. Roddick is only ranked 20th, but all of his matches are on AA as so many people want to see him --- it's the way it is.

Pops Maellard
Sep 3rd, 2012, 01:50 AM
http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m9nliiyK7J1rvr01vo1_r1_400.gif

RenaSlam.
Sep 3rd, 2012, 01:51 AM
I agree. VIP is synonymous with "local" or "peasant" these days.

HRHoliviasmith
Sep 3rd, 2012, 01:52 AM
yeah Ana had no business being on Ashe. victoria was beyond disrespcted. :fiery:

HRHoliviasmith
Sep 3rd, 2012, 01:52 AM
I agree. VIP is synonymous with "local" or "peasant" these days.

this.

tennisbear7
Sep 3rd, 2012, 02:01 AM
:lol: It's not Ana's fault we have an anonymous, boring-as-hell number one.

Vincey!
Sep 3rd, 2012, 02:02 AM
I personally think that Ana shouldn't have been on Ashe for her match against Ardvisson. They probably wanted to put a decent girls that would draw some crowd early in the morning without taking too big names for later matches on Grandstand or Armstrong. Ivanovic was then a decent choice. Who else should have been up there then? Jankovic lmao? Errani? ugh don't think so.

Her match against Stephens was the obvious choice, because of Sloane not because of Ivanovic.

dencod16
Sep 3rd, 2012, 02:08 AM
People are buying to much on being on Ashe. have you seen the crowd during the first matches they were bad as people are just getting around. I actually think it's better to be on Armstrong second than to be first on Ashe.

M.P
Sep 3rd, 2012, 02:13 AM
:lol: It's not Ana's fault we have an anonymous, boring-as-hell number one.

this

and nobody want to watch the EURO-fan favourite Radwanska :p

Aravanecaravan
Sep 3rd, 2012, 02:16 AM
Seriously. I think the atmosphere has been a lot better on the Grandstand/outer courts than Ashe/Armstrong for most of the women's matches I've seen. A 15-20% stadium looks barren compared to a packed outer court, and you can't blame the fans. Those matches are a lot more interesting at this stage of the tournament.

tennisrules
Sep 3rd, 2012, 02:26 AM
Seriously. I think the atmosphere has been a lot better on the Grandstand/outer courts than Ashe/Armstrong for most of the women's matches I've seen. A 15-20% stadium looks barren compared to a packed outer court, and you can't blame the fans. Those matches are a lot more interesting at this stage of the tournament.

Agree completely. I've gone several times in the last few years (sadly, could not go this year:sad:) and I always hang around the outer courts in the early weeks.

I haven't gone to Ashe unless I'm there for the quarters on.

The outer courts are utterly fascinating to be at when a good match is going on.

Deestruction
Sep 3rd, 2012, 02:39 AM
:weirdo:

Chance
Sep 3rd, 2012, 02:50 AM
man, you whinge too much lol

Jajaloo
Sep 3rd, 2012, 02:53 AM
Her last match Ashe Stadium was packed

The one against the American? :lol:

miffedmax
Sep 3rd, 2012, 02:56 AM
I forgot. Who is Pironkova playing on Ashe?

pollison
Sep 3rd, 2012, 03:02 AM
What is even more funny is Venus'/Serena's doubles match gets scheduled for AA at 7pm whilst Kerber/Errani and Vinci/Radwanska get pushed to Louis Armstrong

BillFromRichmond
Sep 3rd, 2012, 04:40 AM
What is even more funny is Venus'/Serena's doubles match gets scheduled for AA at 7pm whilst Kerber/Errani and Vinci/Radwanska get pushed to Louis Armstrong

The two Grand Slam champions playing singles tomorrow are in the stadium.. The others haven't won a Slam.

ezone
Sep 3rd, 2012, 04:49 AM
I am not a Victoria Azarenka or Samantha Stosur fan but I think it is disturbing that Ana Ivanovic gets her matches on center court so many times. Ivanovic hasn't done much on the WTA in the past four years. She might beat reach the QF of the US OPEN but that would be the first time in FOUR YEARS she's reached that far in a major.

I think it disturbing that Ivanovic is getting on the big stage while Petra Kvitova never got on to Ashe even though she won Wimbledon last year. It isn't right that Ivanovic is getting on to the stadium court when she doesn't deserve or earned it.

Do people forget Ivanovic was destroyed 6-0 6-0 by Roberta Vinci in Montreal just two weeks ago in the third round.

Ivanovic doesn't deserve the big stage because her results in the last few years are poor and underwhelming. The only reason I can see Ivanovic getting on center court is due to sexism. Ivanovic is considered pretty for heterosexual male consumers. Even though Ivanovic hasn't done anything on the WTA in over four years.

Don't think this guy Morrissey deserves to post here. Morrissey hasn't won anything in four years either.

Vincey!
Sep 3rd, 2012, 04:54 AM

Maybe they'll put Genie vs Duval girls 2nd rd match on AA instead of Kerber vs Radwanska potential QF at this rate!!!! :drool:

lol but seriously, I think they didn't have much choice. They probably didn't want to/couldn't put more than 2 QF women match on AA since both Errani and Vinci are still in double and it's probably better for them to play the day match instead of the night match on AA.

Just Do It
Sep 3rd, 2012, 07:36 AM
If you go with that logic Venus doesnt deserve to be on a televised court.

Iceland
Sep 3rd, 2012, 07:39 AM
If you go with that logic Venus doesnt deserve to be on a televised court.

Wait till Morrisey calls you racist. :angel:

Talula
Sep 3rd, 2012, 07:44 AM
Don't think this guy Morrissey deserves to post here. Morrissey hasn't won anything in four years either.

:lol:

Talula
Sep 3rd, 2012, 07:46 AM

Ana's a star. Not that big a trauma to deal with compared to other issues around!

marineblue
Sep 3rd, 2012, 08:32 AM
You again.:lol: If you look at it a little bit realistically,it's not only results but mainly it's the personality. Ivanovic has a way of endearing people and ,in the looks department she beats most of the other girls,too.

As far as the results go, don't forget she is a former no.1 and GS champ who has been slowly working her way back. She is very close to get in top 10 so the results have been improving.

She is someone who can sell tennis to large crowds. She can get people interested and see tennis as fun game.

The likes of Stosur, Azarenka or Kvitova just do not have the same appeal.

azdaja
Sep 3rd, 2012, 09:39 AM

they will put her on the big stage because she is a crowd puller. her popularity is based on the combination of her past tennis achievements, her looks and her personality. there is nothing wrong with that.

but the funniest word in your rant is "sexism". you know, you might as well complain that putting a local tennis player on the big stage is a sign of extreme nationalism :facepalm:

FORZA SARITA
Sep 3rd, 2012, 09:40 AM
playing on central courts makes her losses even more :drool:

dany.p
Sep 3rd, 2012, 09:46 AM
Business decision. Right or wrong, it is what it is.

C. Drone
Sep 3rd, 2012, 09:55 AM

This. Bottom half seriously lacking star power, Tsveti has to carry the WTA.

stromatolite
Sep 3rd, 2012, 10:05 AM
Business decision.

Undoubtedly true

Right or wrong, it is what it is.

Dubious. It's not self-evident that the scheduling should be 100% market-driven. The last few years the market has driven tennis in directions that are probably not in the long-term interests of the sport. I can't see why committed fans can't complain about that. I agree with the OP.

A-Bond
Sep 3rd, 2012, 10:08 AM
I agree partially. I thought her match vs. Stephens on Arthur Ashe in the Night Session was okay. I mean WTA Star vs. Young American Talent, that's fine. However, I have to admit I was confused that they put her vs. Arvidsson on Ashe as well. That was a Court 11/13/17 match.

Shivank17
Sep 3rd, 2012, 10:11 AM
Well much more people like watching Ana, than Vika or The Polish Vulture who must not be named. :shrug: Its not Ana's fault?! :weirdo:

Just Do It
Sep 3rd, 2012, 10:14 AM

95% of the people that will actually be on that stadium will have no idea who Pironkova is :spit:

Shivank17
Sep 3rd, 2012, 10:15 AM
This. Bottom half seriously lacking star power, Tsveti has to carry the WTA.

Tsveti, WHO? :oh:

dany.p
Sep 3rd, 2012, 10:20 AM
I've been at a few tournaments that have had stellar fields, and Ana consistently draws large crowds when she is practising. It could just be the few tournaments that i attend, but there seems to be abuzz around her, despite the years of relatively mediocre results. I understand what the underlying issue is, and i am sympathetic towards it, but people want to see her play. It would be crazy for the organisers not to take advantage of this.

Viktymise
Sep 3rd, 2012, 10:36 AM
Sing it.

Mr.Sharapova
Sep 3rd, 2012, 10:36 AM
Choosing one woman over another woman isn't sexism. She is more well known than Victoria and even Sam, despite her winning the US Open last year. It's a business, and she must bring in more viewers I suppose.

Sorry what?http://i931.photobucket.com/albums/ad151/Milot_Sheremeti/2jbk31x.gif

Shivank17
Sep 3rd, 2012, 10:42 AM
^ :lol: don't tell me you think Vika or Sam are more famous than Ana?! :rolls:

For starters, Ana has approx 5 times more FB likes than Vika. And well Sam doesn't even have 50 K likes compared to Ana's 600 K.

Mr.Sharapova
Sep 3rd, 2012, 10:48 AM
^ :lol: don't tell me you think Vika or Sam are more famous than Ana?! :rolls:

For starters, Ana has approx 5 times more FB likes than Vika. And well Sam doesn't even have 50 K likes compared to Ana's 600 K.

So your measuring their star level judging it from their facebook likes?

Vika is more famous than Ana :shrug:.

Hlavackova
Sep 3rd, 2012, 10:59 AM
Ana Ivanovic is a beautiful big star, Azarenka and Kvitova simply arent.

Break My Rapture
Sep 3rd, 2012, 11:03 AM
This is nothing new. Ivanovic hasn't been a contender for big tournaments since 2008 yet has gotten star treatment at literally every tournament since, while flopping in the early rounds most of the time. Being a tournament darling is the only thing she's consistent at these days even though she's irrelevant.

Viktymise
Sep 3rd, 2012, 11:09 AM
Ana Ivanovic is a beautiful big star.

Nah. She used to be quite hefty, but that's about it.

DokDi
Sep 3rd, 2012, 11:14 AM
In WTA (ITF): Looks >> Results.

:drool:

azdaja
Sep 3rd, 2012, 11:26 AM

measuring popularity on facebook likes >> pulling it out of own arse.

Joana
Sep 3rd, 2012, 11:33 AM

Don't be jealous of famous beautiful Serbian princesses, gurl. You know that Ana is more famous even in Dardania.

Olórin
Sep 3rd, 2012, 11:45 AM

Facebook likes isn't a good comparative measure of popularity. You think Rihanna is more popular than the Beatles, or that Megan Fox is a bigger star than Julia Roberts or Tom Cruise. It means nothing and it's not a valid point to make when assessing who is well liked, or even who is generally more famous.

More relevant factors would be crowd attendance, name recognition polls, sales of endorsed products etc.

Joana
Sep 3rd, 2012, 11:49 AM
You think Rihanna is more popular than the Beatles, or that Megan Fox is a bigger star than Julia Roberts or Tom Cruise.

Uhm... yes to all of it? :confused:

stromatolite
Sep 3rd, 2012, 11:50 AM
If popularity is defined in terms of a player's ability to put bums on seats and attract a prime-time TV audience, FB likes is probably a very good measure. That doesn't make it a valid reason to put a player on Ashe.

supermod
Sep 3rd, 2012, 11:52 AM
Not sure what the problem is.

Ana draws a bigger crowd than Vika and Stosur in NY, so they put her on Ashe. End of story.

azdaja
Sep 3rd, 2012, 11:55 AM
More relevant factors would be crowd attendance, name recognition polls, sales of endorsed products etc.
those are more valuable sources of information than someone's arse as well, true.

Uhm... yes to all of it? :confused:
probably.

Maria rocks
Sep 3rd, 2012, 11:59 AM
Im not an Azarenka fan but even i think as the world number one she should be on Ashe more. Seems a bit odd to me that Ivanovic is always on there.

Ferg
Sep 3rd, 2012, 12:00 PM
You again.:lol: If you look at it a little bit realistically,it's not only results but mainly it's the personality. Ivanovic has a way of endearing people and ,in the looks department she beats most of the other girls,too.

Ivanovic's personality is a selling point?

http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i241/ivanban/AnaiDementieva.gif

Raiden
Sep 3rd, 2012, 12:25 PM
Not sure what the problem is.

Ana draws a bigger crowd than Vika and Stosur in NY, so they put her on Ashe. End of story.The OP is a communist.

faboozadoo15
Sep 3rd, 2012, 12:33 PM
It'll be an embarrassing crowd anyway....

Mr.Sharapova
Sep 3rd, 2012, 12:36 PM
Don't be jealous of famous beautiful Serbian princesses, gurl. You know that Ana is more famous even in Dardania.

Yeah right. I'm sure she is http://i931.photobucket.com/albums/ad151/Milot_Sheremeti/tumblr_lr4gggqhfJ1ql1zp4o4_250.gif.

Mr.Sharapova
Sep 3rd, 2012, 12:38 PM

It's my opinion. Everyone of my friends and the ones who play tennis whom I know idolize and recognize Vika more than they do Ana :shrug:.

Facebook likes aren't an indicator of how popular a player is, just saying :shrug:.

Pops Maellard
Sep 3rd, 2012, 12:39 PM
Everyone pressed about Ana again :hearts:.

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m9rxn66wix1rvr01vo1_400.gif

Shivank17
Sep 3rd, 2012, 12:40 PM

I thought I mentioned *for starters*.

:lol: :lol: No way, Ana is still more famous, WORLDWIDE! In my country, hardly any people know who Azarenka is(those who follow tennis very less know Ana, but none but the hardcore tennis fans know Vika) and my country contributes 1/7th the total population.

Despite the mediocre results, Ana is still very popular. While, Vika in spite on-court success isn't very popular cause of...well. :oh:

Shivank17
Sep 3rd, 2012, 12:42 PM
It's my opinion. Everyone of my friends and the ones who play tennis whom I know idolize and recognize Vika more than they do Ana :shrug:.

Facebook likes aren't an indicator of how popular a player is, just saying :shrug:.

They are? :shrug: I mean they indicate, besides how many brands does Vika even endorse compared to Ana? Its obviously shows who is chosen more because of their popularity.

Si_Hi
Sep 3rd, 2012, 12:45 PM
Oh c'mon, who cares.
she doesn't have many matches left anyway, prolly two.

Mr.Sharapova
Sep 3rd, 2012, 12:46 PM
They are? :shrug: I mean they indicate, besides how many brands does Vika even endorse compared to Ana? Its obviously shows who is chosen more because of their popularity.

I'm talking about my own country :shrug:. Even though the population here might be biased cause of her nationality and her being a Serbian but it's the way it is.

LightWarrior
Sep 3rd, 2012, 12:51 PM

they will put her on the big stage because she is a crowd puller. her popularity is based on the combination of her past tennis achievements, her looks and her personality. there is nothing wrong with that.

What personality ? :rolleyes: Or maybe you meant her bizarre sounding way when she speaks ? :lol:

Mr.Sharapova
Sep 3rd, 2012, 12:52 PM
Oh c'mon, who cares.
she doesn't have many matches left anyway, prolly two.

This :shrug:.

Tenis Srbija
Sep 3rd, 2012, 12:55 PM
Another insightful thread.... it would be better if you just shut up

Ivanovic attracts huge crowd every year at the US Open. Her last match Ashe Stadium was packed, and for the other matches there is always a lot of people who want to watch her, actually since 06 this happens. She is one of the stars of WTA.

New York loves Ivanovic

:lol: :lol: :lol: This and the end.

azdaja
Sep 3rd, 2012, 01:01 PM
I'm talking about my own country :shrug:. Even though the population here might be biased cause of her nationality and her being a Serbian but it's the way it is.
you should have said this in your original post then. though that gif you posted wouldn't have had a place in there in that case.

What personality ? :rolleyes: Or maybe you meant her bizarre sounding way when she speaks ? :lol:
this forum's standards for what an appealing personality are not exactly the most relevant outside in the big bad world.

Shivank17
Sep 3rd, 2012, 01:02 PM

But the US Open is not held in Kosovo. :p

Joana
Sep 3rd, 2012, 01:02 PM

While anecdotal evidence in an obviously biased population sample is certainly an indicator of someone's global popularity.

Besides, why do you idolize someone who doesn't recognize the independence of Dardania. That ain't right.

Mr.Sharapova
Sep 3rd, 2012, 01:19 PM
But the US Open is not held in Kosovo. :p

And what a pitty that is don't you think :tape::spit:.

Mr.Sharapova
Sep 3rd, 2012, 01:20 PM
While anecdotal evidence in an obviously biased population sample is certainly an indicator of someone's global popularity.

Besides, why do you idolize someone who doesn't recognize the independence of Dardania. That ain't right.

Wow, Maria declared somewhere that she is against the independence of my country? Find me the receipts.

Anyway Sport has nothing to do with politics :shrug:

Shivank17
Sep 3rd, 2012, 01:25 PM
And what a pitty that is don't you think :tape::spit:.

yes. :lol: Kosovo's timezone would have been better for me. :angel:

Mr.Sharapova
Sep 3rd, 2012, 01:25 PM
you should have said this in your original post then. though that gif you posted wouldn't have had a place in there in that case.

this forum's standards for what an appealing personality are not exactly the most relevant outside in the big bad world.

But you agreed in the fact that using Facebook likes are a relevant factor when it comes to indicating someone's popularity :scratch:? It's like using Wikipedia as a reference to your claim whatever that claim might be.

Yashal
Sep 3rd, 2012, 01:28 PM
Why people care so much about schedule? The only important thing about this for fans should be having their faves playing on a televised court, who cares which one?

Joana
Sep 3rd, 2012, 01:30 PM
Wow, Maria declared somewhere that she is against the independence of my country? Find me the receipts.

She's from Mother Russia and is canoodling with Nole. You do the math!

Mr.Sharapova
Sep 3rd, 2012, 01:34 PM
She's from Mother Russia and is canoodling with Nole. You do the math!

:lol: funny how you call Russia Mother :angel:.

I don't care, I support her for reasons beyond politics.

Ballbasher
Sep 3rd, 2012, 01:36 PM
Seriously the 5 most famous active players are:
1.Serena Williams
2.Maria Sharapova

3.Venus Williams

4.Ana Ivanovic
5.Caroline Wozniacki

Even Clijsters was below all of them.
I like Vika a lot more than Ana, but no way in hell is she internationally more recognized than Ana.

Joana
Sep 3rd, 2012, 01:37 PM
:lol: funny how you call Russia Mother :angel:.

A horrible, drunken, abusive mother who has her children taken away by social service is a mother still!

azdaja
Sep 3rd, 2012, 01:41 PM
But you agreed in the fact that using Facebook likes are a relevant factor when it comes to indicating someone's popularity :scratch:? It's like using Wikipedia as a reference to your claim whatever that claim might be.
i only said that facebook likes are much more relevant than your opinion. the population sample we are dealing with there is huge and fairly random, so it would even be a good opinion poll. it's not the same as wikipedia since over there a single person can write whatever they want, so by saying "in my opinion that player is more popular than the other one" you are yourself far closer to wikipedia standards than facebook is.

Horizon
Sep 3rd, 2012, 03:41 PM
1.Serena Williams
2.Maria Sharapova

3.Venus Williams

4.Ana Ivanovic
5.Caroline Wozniacki

I like Vika a lot more than Ana, but no way in hell is she internationally more recognized than Ana.
I agree, this is pretty accurate :shrug:

Ana is the obvious choice.

Roookie
Sep 3rd, 2012, 03:44 PM
:lol: It's not Ana's fault we have an anonymous, boring-as-hell number one top 2.

This x 1000

hobahobaspirit
Sep 3rd, 2012, 05:13 PM
1.Serena Williams
2.Maria Sharapova

3.Venus Williams

4.Ana Ivanovic
5.Caroline Wozniacki

I have to disagree with this. I think Clijsters is more famous than Ivanovic and Wozniacki. People know her as the only mom to win a Grand Slam, which, in their eyes, is a better achievement than both Ivanovic and Wozniacki's careers combined :lol: Plus a lot of people, including those in my entourage, think Clijsters won her U.S Open a couple of months after giving birth :lol:

JeMa
Sep 3rd, 2012, 05:25 PM
Op, who did you want on Ashe, Aga who will stretch a two set match out to 3hrs or Errani/Keber who all the audience members hit serves bigger than today in the cage outside by the food stands.

Loungy
Sep 3rd, 2012, 05:29 PM
Idk how accurate this is, but -

http://www.tennisphilia.com/2012/02/most-popular-tennis-players.html

8 Most Popular Tennis Players - WTA (according to google trends)

Serena
Maria
Caro
Li Na
Mirza
Venus
Ana Ivanovic
[Kournikova]

eta: and if I'm not mistaken, Ivanovic has the most visited website of any sportswoman.

Shivank17
Sep 3rd, 2012, 05:30 PM
Mirza above Venus and Ana :hearts: :lol:

azdaja
Sep 3rd, 2012, 05:37 PM
1.Serena Williams
2.Maria Sharapova

3.Venus Williams

4.Ana Ivanovic
5.Caroline Wozniacki

i actually checked it out on facebook and based on the number of likes maria would be easily the most popular but the rest would be accurate except that there is no huge gap between serena and venus.

I have to disagree with this. I think Clijsters is more famous than Ivanovic and Wozniacki. People know her as the only mom to win a Grand Slam, which, in their eyes, is a better achievement than both Ivanovic and Wozniacki's careers combined :lol: Plus a lot of people, including those in my entourage, think Clijsters won her U.S Open a couple of months after giving birth :lol:
i also used to think kim is very popular but it seems it's not true among people who don't follow tennis.

Idk how accurate this is, but -

http://www.tennisphilia.com/2012/02/most-popular-tennis-players.html

8 Most Popular Tennis Players - WTA (according to google trends)

Serena
Maria
Caro
Li Na
Mirza
Venus
Ana Ivanovic
[Kournikova]

eta: and if I'm not mistaken, Ivanovic has the most visited website of any sportswoman.
yeah. this is also probably fairly accurate but na li and mirza are not as popular globally as they are in their very populous countries.

Loungy
Sep 3rd, 2012, 05:49 PM
yeah. this is also probably fairly accurate but na li and mirza are not as popular globally as they are in their very populous countries.
That blog has a breakdown based on searches per country:

- Serena Williams: United States, Nigeria, South Africa, Canada and Ireland.

- Maria Sharapova: Pakistan, Bangladesh, Algeria, India and Tunisia.

- Wozniacki: searches in Denmark four times more than the second highest country expressing most interest in the Danish player. (...) Ireland, Belgium, Norway and the United Kingdom.

- Li Na: Outside of China, she is most searched in Hong Kong, Singapore and Australia.

- Sania Mirza: Pakistan, India.

- Venus Williams: United States, Ireland, South Africa, United Kingdom and New Zealand.

- Ana Ivanovic: Serbia, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Australia, New Zealand, Algeria and Switzerland.

"Current world #1 Victoria Azarenka is not in the 2011 list but as of this writing, she is leading the most popular list for 2012."

#1SteffiGraf#1
Sep 3rd, 2012, 06:37 PM
Disagree. She is very pretty, and a good player. When it comes to women athletes, the sexier you are, the more cache you deserve, imo. If your slightly better, but not attractive, that's not good enough. With the WTA, it's as much about fashion and appeal, as it is talent.

Ana has both appeal, and talent.

I'm sorry, that's the way the world works. Get used to it.

MariaKirilenko95
Sep 3rd, 2012, 06:44 PM
Disagree. She is very pretty, and a good player. When it comes to women athletes, the sexier you are, the more cache you deserve, imo. If your slightly better, but not attractive, that's not good enough. With the WTA, it's as much about fashion and appeal, as it is talent.

Ana has both appeal, and talent.

I'm sorry, that's the way the world works. Get used to it.

Agree. Gaurantee that if serena wasn't american she would never be on ashe.