PDA

View Full Version : To those who say WTA can't draw crowds…

iGOAT
Sep 2nd, 2012, 09:37 PM
Check out Armstrong for Stosur-Robson.

And for Na Li-Robson. And yes Laura is cool but she obviously isn't filling up these stadiums single-handedly as 80% of US Open fans have never heard of her. I know this thread is unnecessary but we've seen so many ranting about the opposite effect.

Excelscior
Sep 2nd, 2012, 09:42 PM
Check out Armstrong for Stosur-Robson.

And for Na Li-Robson. And yes Laura is cool but she obviously isn't filling up these stadiums single-handedly as 80% of US Open fans have never heard of her. I know this thread is unnecessary but we've seen so many ranting about the opposite effect.

They have heard of her (they know she beat Clijsters and Li Na), and wanna see a good match and if she can "upset" defending Champion Sam Stosur.

Remember (unless I'm mistaken) 80% of Armstrong is accessible to folks with ground passes. So they went.

What else are they going to look at; Gasquet vs Johnson? Lol

Neither player would of drawn such a big crowd, if they weren't playing each other at this stage (meaning if Robson was another pedestrian player with her ranking).

dangalak
Sep 2nd, 2012, 10:05 PM
Nobody said women CAN'T draw a crowd, they said WTA makes less revenue than ATP and it's true.

Not to mention, this is a joint event. How do you know they specifically paid the ticket to see Robson and Stosur?

Barktra
Sep 2nd, 2012, 10:10 PM
Nobody said women CAN'T draw a crowd, they said WTA makes less revenue than ATP and it's true.

Not to mention, this is a joint event. How do you know they specifically paid the ticket to see Robson and Stosur?

You know this is a women's tennis forum

Did mtf ban you?

Morrissey
Sep 2nd, 2012, 10:54 PM
I think the US OPEN organizers made a huge mistake instead of putting Azarenka on Ashe this match Stosur and Robson should be on Ashe. Why would the organizers out Azarenka on Ashe when she's such an unpopular player?

Travod
Sep 2nd, 2012, 10:57 PM
You know this is a women's tennis forum

Did mtf ban you?

I have accounts on both websites and go on both daily :shrug:

Gerri
Sep 2nd, 2012, 11:31 PM

Nobody knows who they all paid to see but they did sit and watch it, they could have left if they didn't want to see them.

Aravanecaravan
Sep 3rd, 2012, 12:01 AM
Well, it's the middle Sunday of the US Open. There are probably 50,000 people there, at least, watching tennis on a handful of courts. Unless they are all shopping or stuffing their faces at the restaurants, I guess they have to find something to do....

Or maybe they actually like to watch tennis.