PDA

View Full Version : Most annoying player on WTA

Pages : [1] 2

Maria rocks
Sep 2nd, 2012, 06:51 PM
Just for a bit of fun. Which player currently annoys you the most and why?

Me got to be Ana ivanovic and that stupid fist and leg pump after every point that she wins. Grrrrr i really was hoping Sloane Stephens was going to beat her last night.

dangalak
Sep 2nd, 2012, 07:03 PM
POME!!!!!!!11! :lol: (and I actually like her)

danieln1
Sep 2nd, 2012, 07:07 PM
:weirdo:

Coconut91
Sep 2nd, 2012, 07:07 PM
POME!!!!!!!11! :lol: (and I actually like her)

+1

Ana's fistpumps are not even annoying, just pathetic. :lol:

Tenis Srbija
Sep 2nd, 2012, 07:08 PM
I never liked how Azarenka behaves on the court. I just don't like people who are that "bitter looking" and with the nose up in the sky. She kinda started doing that this season and I liked her before :lol:
I like to watch Radwanska play, but I also don't like that she always looks so bored out there.

MK Ultra
Sep 2nd, 2012, 07:10 PM
Kerber, Errani and Cibulkova.

Israel
Sep 2nd, 2012, 07:15 PM
Ana's and Dominika's pomes, ajdes Idemos ETC. are OK as long as they come from inside. But then you have players like Azarenka, Sharapova and Kirilenko who look so FAKE on court and it seems like they say come on to simply annoy the opponent. I mean as you can see (more like hear) it also comes with the annoying and unbearable grunts/shrieks/squeaks...
Now I'm on a roll of 5 good reps, wonder how many bad reps I will get for this comment.

Stonerpova
Sep 2nd, 2012, 07:18 PM
My faves will dominate this thread :sobbing:

Natural Joe
Sep 2nd, 2012, 07:19 PM
Let the hate begin...

Tenis Srbija
Sep 2nd, 2012, 07:20 PM
Kerber, Errani and Cibulkova.

Oh yeees. I really like what she's doing these days when it comes to results, but her demeanour is just :smash:

tennisfan146
Sep 2nd, 2012, 07:24 PM
It's hard to beat Rodionova in that department.

Halepsova
Sep 2nd, 2012, 07:24 PM
Sharapova.

gc-spurs
Sep 2nd, 2012, 07:27 PM
I like Kvitty-GOAT, but that bark is so weird!

Simugna Help
Sep 2nd, 2012, 07:28 PM
But then you have players like Azarenka, Sharapova and Kirilenko who look so FAKE on court and it seems like they say come on to simply annoy the opponent. I mean as you can see (more like hear) it also comes with the annoying and unbearable grunts/shrieks/squeaks...
Agreed with all of this. Though Azarenka doesn't scream c'mon that often.

Dav.
Sep 2nd, 2012, 07:29 PM
Kvitova, Wozniacki, 2008 Ivanovic

larsson
Sep 2nd, 2012, 07:32 PM
Ana fist pump squeaky shoes ivanovic

More so the ana of 2008 though she doesn't bother me as much now

Spring Pools
Sep 2nd, 2012, 07:32 PM
Oudin, Rodionova, Cibulkova, Errani

BlueTrees
Sep 2nd, 2012, 07:34 PM
Putintseva, Cibulkova, Ivanovic, Wozniacki and Niculescu

Dav.
Sep 2nd, 2012, 07:36 PM
Forgot Bartoli, particularly the endless MTOs. :lol:

BlueTrees
Sep 2nd, 2012, 07:41 PM
Oh yeah I like Bartoli but I gotta admit her "ALLEZ!!!"s are kinda annoying :lol: I don't mind Oudin/Larcher de Brito but their celebrations are annoying too :o

And Julia Cohen is extremely annoying :tape:

Jimmie48
Sep 2nd, 2012, 07:44 PM
Petkovic, no doubt about that.

Dav.
Sep 2nd, 2012, 07:44 PM
Oh yeah I like Bartoli but I gotta admit her "ALLEZ!!!"s are kinda annoying :lol: I don't mind Oudin/Larcher de Brito but their celebrations are annoying too :o

And Julia Cohen is extremely annoying :tape:

All of this. :hysteric:

ShiftyFella
Sep 2nd, 2012, 07:50 PM
Serena and Bartoli's nutters on the stands

Kasey
Sep 2nd, 2012, 07:51 PM
Errani

KournikovaFan91
Sep 2nd, 2012, 07:52 PM
Oudin, MLDB and Huber.

Cibulkova's attitude during the Cirstea match in Stanford was terrible considering Sori was clearly the wronged party.

Frankly I find some bitches like Rodionova rather entertaining at times :lol: Its her thing now :shrug:

smarties
Sep 2nd, 2012, 08:14 PM
I'll name someone that hasn't been mention:Kirilenko. I hate how she shrieks like she's hitting a hard but she always hits powder puffs.

Slamlesswanska
Sep 2nd, 2012, 08:22 PM
Errani.

Qrystyna
Sep 2nd, 2012, 08:26 PM
Azarenka, Falconi, Larcher de Brito. :o

Kipling
Sep 2nd, 2012, 08:36 PM
Rumor has it, in Portuguese, it literally means, "Michelle is a large brat-o...."

Kworb
Sep 2nd, 2012, 08:38 PM
Azarenka
Kvitova

King Halep
Sep 2nd, 2012, 08:43 PM
^only 2? :sad:

rrfnpump
Sep 2nd, 2012, 08:46 PM
Kirilenko and Hantuchova. Just because they take ages in between points.

Excelscior
Sep 2nd, 2012, 08:47 PM
I'll name someone that hasn't been mention:Kirilenko. I hate how she shrieks like she's hitting a hard but she always hits powder puffs.

Unfortunately, there seems to be a lot of players like this in the WTA (usually lower ranked "powder puff" hitting scrubs), though I certainly know what you mean about Kirilenko as well. :lol:

Sexysova
Sep 2nd, 2012, 09:23 PM
definitely Kvitova, Kirilenko and Cibulkova, awful :o

debopero
Sep 2nd, 2012, 09:26 PM
I don't mind intense players, but I will never understand why some feel the need to shout "C'MMMOOOONNN" (or some other form of encouragement) after every point. I mean, seriously, doesn't that take quite a bit of energy? It just comes off looking very contrived.

Wiggly
Sep 2nd, 2012, 09:31 PM
I nerver understood the COME ON thing either.
If you shout it after every point, it just show you're desperate.

When Federer or Clijsters do it, you know they meant it.

With that being said, Errani and Kirilenko are beyond annoying.
Especially Maria as she completely changed her attitude in the middle of her career. Fake, fake, fake.

Kerber post-match is also very ugly.

Elaine<<
Sep 2nd, 2012, 09:32 PM
Schiavone. She annoys every bone in my body.

Tenis Srbija
Sep 2nd, 2012, 09:37 PM

Especially Maria as she completely changed her attitude in the middle of her career. Fake, fake, fake.

Have you ever played competitive tennis? Or any competitive sport? You don't say COME ON for no reason. People who do it to annoy their opponents are seriously disturbed. But saying come on, ajde, pome or whatever is a great way to encourage yourself...

fluffyelloballz
Sep 2nd, 2012, 09:38 PM
Schiavone with all her come ons and her shaking her whole body at the crowd after winning a big point. I find her intensity contrived and done to outpsyche her opponent. I am sure she couldn't give a shit though.
Li Na when she goes into error mode and talking to herself etc
Azarenka with her grunting and how happy she is after a win which she just hindranced her way through.

MK Ultra
Sep 2nd, 2012, 09:52 PM

People here like to say she's fake and she didn't grunt before. That's not true. Just search for any videos of her from 2006/2007. Maybe she didn't grunt as loud as she did before but she always has grunted. Please enlighten me on how she's fake.

NashaP
Sep 2nd, 2012, 09:55 PM
1. Lisicki

2. Petkovic

3. Serena (when she's full of shit in her press conferences)

Wiggly
Sep 2nd, 2012, 09:56 PM
People here like to say she's fake and she didn't grunt before. That's not true. Just search for any videos of her from 2006/2007. Maybe she didn't grunt as loud as she did before but she always has grunted. Please enlighten me on how she's fake.

Her whole "Look at me I'm intense" attitude is forced.
She can shrieks from three straight points, then be silent than pop a baby mid-rally then go silent again.

She does it to annoy the opponent, not to giver herself more power.

Oh, and Lisicki's whole fake smiling attitude.

hurricanejeanne
Sep 2nd, 2012, 09:57 PM
Ana and her ajde, fist pump twirl dance that occassionally looks like she's humping an invisible partner.
Domi and the pome.
Makiri's fake grunt.
Aga's slutty off court club clothes.
Kerber's shanky shots out shanking Shanksur.
Bartoli's everything.

flareon
Sep 2nd, 2012, 09:58 PM
My faves will dominate this thread :sobbing:

Mine too :lol:

Let the hate begin...

This :sobbing:

smarties
Sep 2nd, 2012, 10:04 PM
Ana and her ajde, fist pump twirl dance that occassionally looks like she's humping an invisible partner.
Domi and the pome.
Makiri's fake grunt.
Aga's slutty off court club clothes.
Kerber's shanky shots out shanking Shanksur.
Bartoli's everything.

:lol:

BTW what's the pome :confused:

Barktra
Sep 2nd, 2012, 10:05 PM
I wonder who is the first ever player to say come on during a match? Who started the trend?

MK Ultra
Sep 2nd, 2012, 10:11 PM
She can shrieks from three straight points, then be silent than pop a baby mid-rally then go silent again.

Oh, and Lisicki's whole fake smiling attitude.

Forced? Fake? Watch this video. Kiri's always been gritty. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4njdyUwJ61g
And if you think not grunting all the time = fake you obviously don't play tennis yourself.

Sabine's "whole fake smiling attitude"? Dude what is your problem?! Just because you don't like someone you don't need to call them fake.

smarties
Sep 2nd, 2012, 10:13 PM
I wonder who is the first ever player to say come on during a match? Who started the trend?

It's Lleyton Hewitt; he even tried to trademark it with a marketing company but failed.

Wiggly
Sep 2nd, 2012, 10:15 PM
Forced? Fake? Watch this video. Kiri's always been gritty. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4njdyUwJ61g
And if you think not grunting all the time = fake you obviously don't play tennis yourself.

Sabine's "whole fake smiling attitude"? Dude what is your problem?! Just because you don't like someone you don't need to call them fake.

Look, Kirilenko can shriek on a drop shot.
I do play tennis and I know there's no need to make any sound while hitting a drop shot or a slice.

Lisicki can go to 5 years old smiling to sore loser in a split second. That's not hating, that's a fact.

Barktra
Sep 2nd, 2012, 10:16 PM
It's Lleyton Hewitt; he even tried to trademark it with a marketing company but failed.

I could be wrong, but I thought even before Hewiit I heard players saying come on :scratch:

MK Ultra
Sep 2nd, 2012, 10:24 PM
Look, Kirilenko can shriek on a drop shot.
I do play tennis and I know there's no need to make any sound while hitting a drop shot or a slice.

Lisicki can go to 5 years old smiling to sore loser in a split second. That's not hating, that's a fact.

She doesn't though. Her slice motion is not a normal motion; she uses two hands.
And believe it or not, some people don't like to lose. Sabine's probably the sweetest girl on tour.

Papi
Sep 2nd, 2012, 10:28 PM
Huber

Rolling-Thunder
Sep 2nd, 2012, 10:30 PM
Azarenka: her constant, non-stop grunting on every point.

jameshazza
Sep 2nd, 2012, 10:35 PM
Vika, even when she's playing well I just can't appreciate it. Everything about her is just annoying.

Lisicki too, the teeth and the tears. :o

it-girl
Sep 2nd, 2012, 11:23 PM
Sharapova

Kipling
Sep 3rd, 2012, 12:05 AM

I don't know if he was the first one, but he certainly took it to a new level.

égalité
Sep 3rd, 2012, 12:38 AM
Bartoli and her incessant bouncing around like she's in the throes of meth psychosis, pumping her fist when Kvitova falls down, etc.

Ferg
Sep 3rd, 2012, 12:40 AM
Nothing like a big win from Marion to bring the haters out :inlove:

Djezonfly
Sep 3rd, 2012, 12:42 AM
She's so annoying that her opponent kissed her at the net and the crowd cheered loudly for her :sad:

Pops Maellard
Sep 3rd, 2012, 12:46 AM
Bartoli
Errani

Simugna Help
Sep 3rd, 2012, 02:43 AM
Sharapova by a mile by a million lightyears.

jameshazza
Sep 3rd, 2012, 02:46 AM
Glad to see that Mentallus Maximus aka THE 3-set GOAT has your mind. :drool:

Setsuna.
Sep 3rd, 2012, 03:11 AM
Sharapova by far (after what I saw in her last match).
Bartoli
Azarenka

Let.them.talk
Sep 3rd, 2012, 03:49 AM
Just for a bit of fun. Which player currently annoys you the most and why?

Me got to be Ana ivanovic and that stupid fist and leg pump after every point that she wins. Grrrrr i really was hoping Sloane Stephens was going to beat her last night.

100% agree!
Anita xD

Aryman3
Sep 3rd, 2012, 03:52 AM
Rodionova
Azarenka
Sharapova

HRHoliviasmith
Sep 3rd, 2012, 03:55 AM
Sharapova by a mile by a million lightyears.

this x infinity. only player i ever have to watch on mute.:rolleyes: it's a travesty.

Petkovic
Sep 3rd, 2012, 07:17 AM
Ivanovic & Kvitova

Johnbert
Sep 3rd, 2012, 07:21 AM
of course the 2 screamers sharapova and azarenka :help:

SwingVolley93
Sep 3rd, 2012, 07:37 AM
Players who feel the need to constantly pump themselves up by screaming c'mon and fist pumping have always bothered me to an extreme.

-Bartoli's antics are insane and borderline disrespectful.

-Azarenka's need to extend her grunts and fist pumps during intense points or when she wins a match piss me off. TBH, her overall "better than everyone else" on court demeanor makes her appear so transparent and insecure. I Absolutely love her game and loved her when she broke onto the big scene beating Mauresmo at the AO, but this past year has seen a fan turn into a foe.

-Sharapova has a lot to be respected for and has a great career/empire but I have always thought that her grunting and her fist pumping have never been a way to pump herself up but rather to intimidate and belittle her opponent. She represents herself as an extremely arrogant woman and no one likes that.

-Wozniacki was the most abrasive and inhospitable player to watch when she was at her peak. The way she would fist pump and yell c'mon at all her opponents errors would make my skin peel. She definitely needed to stay hble while on court but instead chose to be annoying. Poor girl, karmas a bitch.

Others for less relevant reasons:

-Li Na (she comes off as extremely angry and ignorant)
-Sabine Lisicki (just...can't)
-Serena "Whiney" Williams (when she puts on her crying face and blasts 30 balls into tr net, makes you wonder what kid of drugs she's on)
-Sciavone (So rude and ignorant, simply cannot stand her)

Tried my best to be impartial hope it turned out well :wavey:

os400
Sep 3rd, 2012, 07:49 AM
in my opinion : Serena and Venus

ziros
Sep 3rd, 2012, 08:09 AM
Serena and Ivanovic. I struggle with Ivanovic,she's so annoying with her mannerisms on court but she's so damn hot so it makes it hard to dislike her...

Remix13
Sep 3rd, 2012, 08:45 AM
- Bartoli
- Kvitova, I can't stand her atrocious barking
- S. Williams

Pops Maellard
Sep 3rd, 2012, 08:53 AM
-Azarenka's need to extend her grunts and fist pumps during intense points or when she wins a match piss me off. TBH, her overall "better than everyone else" on court demeanor makes her appear so transparent and insecure. I Absolutely love her game and loved her when she broke onto the big scene beating Mauresmo at the AO, but this past year has seen a fan turn into a foe.

Vika was way worse in '09 than now IMO.

jedw
Sep 3rd, 2012, 08:58 AM
The truth:

The most annoying player, is the one who is beating or has beaten your favourite.

:help:

pancake
Sep 3rd, 2012, 09:03 AM
Basically whoever fist pumps or cheers herself too much. I mean you don't have to 'c'mon' after every few points. I understand if that happens on crucial points but most of the players nowadays are overdoing it.

pancake
Sep 3rd, 2012, 09:08 AM
Have you ever played competitive tennis? Or any competitive sport? You don't say COME ON for no reason. People who do it to annoy their opponents are seriously disturbed. But saying come on, ajde, pome or whatever is a great way to encourage yourself...

The thing is if you have to encourage yourself every time you win a point it becomes really annoying. I mean do you say c'mon after you lose a point to encourage yourself? No? So it SHOULD be when you win a very important point that you just shout it, rather than 'oh I win a point let's scream'.

Libertango
Sep 3rd, 2012, 09:14 AM
Fistpumping and "Come ons!" make me laugh the most when it's like 15-15 in the 2nd game or something :tape: There are a few guilty culprits.

No-one annoys me that much though. This is a sport with lots of "characters". None of us HAVE to watch it, so if things piss you off that much, why bother?

Juju Nostalgique
Sep 3rd, 2012, 11:26 AM
Clijsters.

Celeborn
Sep 3rd, 2012, 11:27 AM

A lot of players do it, see Sharapova yesterday, shrieking "Come on" on every single unforced error to annoy Petrova. I think she would have won anyway by the way, but it helped a bit. Kiri is not half as bad (i.e loud) regarding this.

Most annoying player for me is Petkovic, screaming "Come on" directly in the face of her opponents every time, that is crossing the border to really unfair and unsportsmanlike behavior for me.

Beat
Sep 3rd, 2012, 11:34 AM
nobody mentioned wickmayer yet? :eek:

i realized lately that i get more annoyed by certain male players who constantly, eeerm, adjust their dicks (murray, roddick, hewitt). get a pair of nicely fitting underpants, please.

Maria rocks
Sep 3rd, 2012, 11:53 AM
I swear Kvitova shouts "Petra" every time she hits the ball. VERY ANNOYING!!!!

I love Sharapova but even i thought she was going over the top last night by the end the shreiking was ridiculous.

Tenis Srbija
Sep 3rd, 2012, 12:25 PM
The thing is if you have to encourage yourself every time you win a point it becomes really annoying. I mean do you say c'mon after you lose a point to encourage yourself? No? So it SHOULD be when you win a very important point that you just shout it, rather than 'oh I win a point let's scream'.

Different people different ways of pumping yourself. I did say idemo after losing a point. It's like saying to yourself, ok, ok, this was wasn't mine but the next one will be. Nothing wrong with that. You can't say to a player SHUT UP, your cmon's are annoying tennis watchers and your opponent. Why the fuck would a player care? They are on the court trying to win and nothing more.

StoneRose
Sep 3rd, 2012, 01:04 PM
Cibulkova, Goerges.

Maria rocks
Sep 3rd, 2012, 07:51 PM
Serena Willams she's too good ha ha

danieln1
Sep 3rd, 2012, 07:53 PM
Errani by far

Maria rocks
Sep 3rd, 2012, 08:06 PM
Errani by far

I think she's quite sweet.

StoneRose
Sep 3rd, 2012, 08:07 PM
^Agree.

Sombrerero loco
Sep 3rd, 2012, 09:06 PM
putintseva by far

cogent53
Sep 3rd, 2012, 09:10 PM
The truth:

The most annoying player, is the one who is beating or has beaten your favourite.

So totally true!!

cogent53
Sep 3rd, 2012, 09:19 PM
I probably find Serena most annoying because she is just so damn good and beats all my favourites!! However, when I had the chance to see her play in the flesh in the Olympics, I was positively star struck!!

I find Azarenka's grunt pretty annoying, but equally Schiavoni's, Errani's, and any of the very noisy ones.

I find wozniacki's game annoying - just not that thrilling to watch, although I always found her likeable and she's a good ambassador for the game.

So NO ONE is that annoying -except for petulant bad losers but that's a whole other thread LOL!

Adrian.
Sep 3rd, 2012, 09:20 PM
Ciblukova, Wozniacki, Wickmayer, Sharapova and Errani just to name a few

mauresmofan
Sep 3rd, 2012, 09:22 PM
If Alexandra Stevenson is still deluded enough to be playing then it's her hands down, if not then Rodionova.

Hlavackova
Sep 3rd, 2012, 09:23 PM
CIBULKOVA.

Serena and her Z list actress drama-acting
Sharapova and her annoying come ons

#1SteffiGraf#1
Sep 3rd, 2012, 09:27 PM
Serena.

-Her play is boring, almost all serve and power shots.
-Yells too much.
-Pissy look on her face the entire match.
-Dresses too little for her size.

Représailles
Kerber/Sharapova, yesterday Sharapova by a large margin.

Sombrerero loco
The truth:

then its vinci

Slamlesswanska
Feb 23rd, 2013, 03:25 PM
Errani.

iWill
Feb 23rd, 2013, 03:28 PM
Serena Willams she's too good ha ha

:hearts:

MrProdigy555
Feb 23rd, 2013, 03:37 PM
You people are too much. Now players can't even be "smiley" without being called fake? My God.

fede33
Feb 23rd, 2013, 03:42 PM
Ivanovic, Azarenka, Kirilenko, Sharapova...

Womp Up The Jamz
Feb 23rd, 2013, 03:48 PM
When Ivanovic plays one of my faves, I can't help but get annoyed.

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App (http://www.verticalsports.com/mobile)

ZeroSumGame
Feb 23rd, 2013, 03:51 PM
Azarenka takes the cake with her gamesmanship :o

GOATdin0931
Feb 23rd, 2013, 04:01 PM
Sharapova :oh:

Wiggly
Feb 23rd, 2013, 04:01 PM
Errani. Her grunts on her grandman's serves and slices. Are you kidding me?

Alexandros
Feb 23rd, 2013, 04:06 PM
Serena.

-Yells too much.

i sense butthurt

TennisAddict84
Feb 23rd, 2013, 04:13 PM
kerber's attitude & schiavone's attitude and grunts

FORZA SARITA
Feb 23rd, 2013, 04:13 PM
http://i1247.photobucket.com/albums/gg633/FORZAPENNETTA/pietra-parlante.gif

Drake1980
Feb 23rd, 2013, 04:15 PM
what is that :lol:

ReboundAce
Feb 23rd, 2013, 04:17 PM

That's Roma's face :spit:

FORZA SARITA
Feb 23rd, 2013, 04:18 PM
That's Roma's face :spit:

of course it's her :lol:

Alexandros
Feb 23rd, 2013, 04:18 PM

im inclined to say it's referring to the relevant radwanska sister

Povin
Feb 23rd, 2013, 04:19 PM
Serena.

-Yells too much.

http://media.tumblr.com/f2db0e762672c937d560d159709cf4fa/tumblr_inline_mijsheRd3v1qz4rgp.gif

kangwoo
Feb 23rd, 2013, 04:21 PM
atm errani...until vinci cracks top10

Sabinator.
Feb 23rd, 2013, 04:42 PM
Errani, Cibulkova, Azarenka, Bartoli, Ivanovic, Cirstea.

I actually find Cohen's attitude quite funny :lol:

Kasey
Feb 23rd, 2013, 04:54 PM
ET, duh.

ZeroSumGame
Feb 23rd, 2013, 04:57 PM
Serena.

-Yells too much.

You're definitely stuck up, washed up & too old to watch the current generation of players, I suggest you go back to watching re-runs of "feel good" Graf matches in those awful "You Cannot Be Serious" Womens 80s Player outfits :wavey:

Pound 4 pound, SERENA>>>GRAF ...begin your rant & cry me a river ;)

Kasey
Feb 23rd, 2013, 05:02 PM
Serena.

-Yells too much.

Are you done?
http://24.media.tumblr.com/c155bdeac8760c6654cecfe5706c2b9e/tumblr_mi76kuB4pf1rmtcelo1_400.gif
As you're an Oudin's stan I assume your brain must've been suffering from serious damages since the day you started rooting for her

lenas warriors
Feb 23rd, 2013, 05:17 PM
Was Woz, then Petko, now Errani.

Fran has been high up the annoying list!

WonderFan
Feb 23rd, 2013, 05:19 PM
screamers and com'oners
that's pathetic and makes me turn down the sound
that can even be embarassing

bobito
Feb 23rd, 2013, 05:20 PM
Azarenka by a country mile. Attitude, noise, boyfriend, gamesmanship, late withdrawals.... the list is endless

antonella
Feb 23rd, 2013, 05:42 PM
Listening to Ivanovic or Cristea talk is probably worse than scratching nails on chalkboard.They come across as annoyingly birdbrained.

Vasa
Feb 23rd, 2013, 06:02 PM
Ana is annoying person? Really? So many poor haters and creatures :sad: i feel sorry for you :hug:

TennisAddict84
Feb 23rd, 2013, 06:30 PM
Listening to Ivanovic or Cristea talk is probably worse than scratching nails on chalkboard.They come across as annoyingly birdbrained.

omg :oh::lol:

antonella
Feb 23rd, 2013, 06:44 PM
Ana is annoying person? Really? So many poor haters and creatures :sad: i feel sorry for you :hug:

I don't hate her, or any of these players. I actually like Ana:cool:; just as long as I don't have to hear her childish twaddle.

MarkNL
Feb 23rd, 2013, 07:37 PM
Azarenka of course :cool:

Elisse
Feb 23rd, 2013, 07:38 PM

LOL :lol:

Elisse
Feb 23rd, 2013, 07:53 PM
At the top of my shit list at the moment is....

Julia Cohen - annoying in the extreme :o :help:

Also joining her.... Wozniacki (mainly thanks to Piotr), Azarenka (solely thanks to RedFoo), Kerber, Stosur....

Spencer.
Feb 23rd, 2013, 08:01 PM
Errani when she loses. I mean how BITTER can you look and act at a handshake after losing a match to better players like Azarenka and Serena? :haha:

Her lack of respect for the opponent after a loss is really annoying.

VIKANADAL01
Feb 23rd, 2013, 08:04 PM
bartoli and her "allez" at opponents UEs

TS
Feb 23rd, 2013, 08:07 PM
Errani, Cibulkova, Kirilenko, Ivanovic, Goerges, Wickmayer, Niculescu.

Whether it be incessant fist pumping, pathetic handshakes, annoying grunts, brainless ballbashing, or similarities to annoying insects that just won't go away, this is the main group of players I like to call 'annoying'.

danieln1
Feb 23rd, 2013, 08:07 PM
Errani when she loses. I mean how BITTER can you look and act at a handshake after losing a match to better players like Azarenka and Serena? :haha:

Wickmayer is nothing compared to her :secret:

Kasey
Feb 23rd, 2013, 10:03 PM

Preach it!

Alarmed
Feb 23rd, 2013, 10:12 PM

This.

Her obviously fake and drawn out grunt is really annoying as well. Sounds like childbirth.

Angelpova
Feb 23rd, 2013, 10:16 PM
Cheaterenka

http://i.imgur.com/FIE2uVb.jpg

shrOOf
Feb 23rd, 2013, 10:19 PM
Bartoli

Kasey
Feb 23rd, 2013, 10:19 PM
Cheaterenka

Gurl, you mistakenly switched photo of Vika with the one in you avie :shrug:

Albireo
Feb 23rd, 2013, 10:22 PM
i sense butthurt

Ten pages of it (so far).

C-Woz-A-Rod
Feb 23rd, 2013, 10:24 PM
Bartoli and Sharapova, for their pratting around.

Adrian.
Feb 23rd, 2013, 10:34 PM
Vuvurenka, E.T. and Honcova

Cindy and Kate
Feb 23rd, 2013, 10:36 PM

This.
But not only after losing. After winning is equally bitchy and annoying too.

Julian.
Feb 23rd, 2013, 10:42 PM
Sloane Stephens :oh:

LUVMIRZA
Feb 23rd, 2013, 10:45 PM
Sara Errani.

netphobia
Feb 23rd, 2013, 10:45 PM

She came off as really gracious to Petra today...and at the FO 2012 too.

Sloane annoys me because of her hype level but that's not her fault. :angel: And even when Aga is playing really good tennis she just shows no emotion whatsoever, barely even a 'come on'. I get having a poker face but really

Flavia P.
Feb 23rd, 2013, 11:02 PM
To be honest, from what I've seen, most players are somewhere from slightly irritating to completely annoying and awful.

tenn_ace
Feb 23rd, 2013, 11:14 PM
Azarenka

Sloejelly
Feb 23rd, 2013, 11:15 PM
Serena, for her ego, Sharapova for that trick of facing the back and fiddling with her racket strings.

Mary Cherry.
Feb 23rd, 2013, 11:15 PM
None of them, just their fans.

Brad[le]y.
Feb 23rd, 2013, 11:17 PM
She came off as really gracious to Petra today...and at the FO 2012 too.

Sloane annoys me because of her hype level but that's not her fault. :angel: And even when Aga is playing really good tennis she just shows no emotion whatsoever, barely even a 'come on'. I get having a poker face but really

Aga says "c'mon" sometimes :lol:

She said it after hitting an ace against Ivanovic in Melbourne to set up 3 MPs and did a few times against Kerber in Tokyo.

Cajka
Feb 23rd, 2013, 11:27 PM

While I can't say that there are no players I dislike, I must say that some fans of my faves are by far more annoying than players I dislike.

Deestruction
Feb 24th, 2013, 12:06 AM

While I can't say that there are no players I dislike, I must say that some fans of my faves are by far more annoying than players I dislike.

This. :lol:

Illusionist
Feb 24th, 2013, 12:13 AM
Azarenka. Everything about her on court behavior is annoying and fake.

Shivank17
Feb 24th, 2013, 12:19 AM
Miss Extremely Injured and her medical dramas. 4 tourneys entered and 2 retirements/withdrawals already :crazy:

Marion's dancing can be quite annoying at times.

Sent from my HTC Desire V using VerticalSports.Com App

jrm
Feb 24th, 2013, 12:21 AM
Sharapova and loco clinched fist all of the time

Bartoli's bouncing, stretching, shaking etc

Radwanska and Zakopalova's boring and uninspired faces

Pironkova's weird noise

Niculescu's game

Singleniacki
Feb 24th, 2013, 01:12 AM
Julia Cohen. If you didn't see her antics in the Baku SF... pathetic player.

Wonderwall
Feb 24th, 2013, 01:16 AM
Sharapova

ShiftyFella
Feb 24th, 2013, 07:37 AM
RedFoo:oh:

Cosmic Voices
Feb 24th, 2013, 07:53 AM
Bartoli can be extremely annoying, especially on her ROS.

TS
Feb 24th, 2013, 08:03 AM
Marion's not annoying. She's just special :hug:

CSN-4TW
Feb 24th, 2013, 08:06 AM
Bartoli, cant watch matches with her.

Petkovic, i really cant see her. I get sick when she starts dancing...

Boxuan
Feb 24th, 2013, 08:47 AM
Some behaviors annoy me:

1.Shrieking like a porn star or an injured duck
2.Using MTOs or raising hand...to break opponents' momentum
3.Celebrating by swinging one's finger/tongue
4.Ultimate pushing

Harry.
Feb 24th, 2013, 08:51 AM
Cibulkova.

benbest
Feb 24th, 2013, 08:52 AM
squeaky shoes right before the opponent is about to serve, I find annoying from some players

Simugna Help
Feb 24th, 2013, 08:55 AM
The Sharapova thread.

Edy.
Feb 24th, 2013, 09:33 AM
Errani, Radwanska and Cibulkova in that order.

tenisboss
Feb 24th, 2013, 10:18 AM
Niculescu

dencod16
Feb 24th, 2013, 11:20 AM
Cheaterenka

I have to say that is really good, hahaha.

Wickmayer is nothing compared to her :secret:

Well Wickmayer is like that even when she is winning, even when she says come on she looks mad.

Some behaviors annoy me:

1.Shrieking like a porn star or an injured duck
2.Using MTOs or raising hand...to break opponents' momentum
3.Celebrating by swinging one's finger/tongue
4.Ultimate pushing

So basically Azarenka. hahaha.

squeaky shoes right before the opponent is about to serve, I find annoying from some players

but it's not a bad thing, squeaky shoes is white good means they are making small adjustments, but i get why they are annoying.

bjurra
Feb 24th, 2013, 11:54 AM
Wickmayer. Except when she loses, then I am ok with her...

sammy01
Feb 24th, 2013, 12:15 PM
There are so many, but these are the main ones -

Vika - A vile person with a horrible attitude. As fake as they come, one second telling a crowd to shut up the next thanking them for their support. Grinding game that has no wow factor. Horrible grunt that should have been dealt with as soon as she came on the tour.

Bartoli - looking like a demented drowned rat after 3 games of a match is usual for Marion. That look she constantly has on her face when playing like she wants to kill everyone. Having the most basic game ever, with absolutely nothing in it to change pace or the course of matches (hence her lopsided h2h's either way).

Ivanovic - the look of panic on her face is just laughable for someone who has a slam (though she fluked it) her stupid fistpumps. Her complete lack of personality off court. Her ball toss makes you pray for women's tennis.

Wozniacki - Basic in every way. From her special needs fist pump, to her downright plain game. Every close hawkeye or call she feels is against her and has her little strop over it. Her inability to influence the outcome of her matches. Her dad is just an added pain to anyone who watches WTA, with his on court 'coaching' rants and the look of 'my daughters a shit failure' he wears on his face court side when she is taking a beatdown.

Miss Atomic Bomb
Feb 24th, 2013, 12:16 PM
In the heat of things, I find a lot of them annoying. I dont think any of them really are, except maybe for Capriati.

heavyhorse
Feb 24th, 2013, 12:31 PM
I used to LOATHE Azarenka but I kinda like her now. Her attitude has definitely improved.

heavyhorse
Feb 24th, 2013, 12:42 PM

This is true. I remember at the Paris final ceremony she didn't even thank Mona or say anything to her at all. And then Mona, classy as always, in her speech said 'congrats on a great week Errani' etc etc.

kusiak
Feb 24th, 2013, 12:47 PM
Cheaterenka

goat:worship::lol:

Spencer.
Feb 24th, 2013, 02:35 PM
This is true. I remember at the Paris final ceremony she didn't even thank Mona or say anything to her at all. And then Mona, classy as always, in her speech said 'congrats on a great week Errani' etc etc.

Ugh my tennis channel on my tv was so messed up I couldn't see it but that's just disgraceful. Mona choked throughout that match so I'm guessing errani thought she did something special? It's like she can't accept the fact that she is outplayed.

I understand being gracious after a slam final, and she seemed like a nice girl on and off court, but when she lost to Bondarenko is den Bosch it's as if she hated the world. Slowly but surely I saw her when she lost its as if she didn't play well and her opponent "just happened to win."

I completely understand being upset after a loss, but the lack of respect most of the time is something I usually don't see in today's game.

Alexandros
Feb 24th, 2013, 02:41 PM
Ugh my tennis channel on my tv was so messed up I couldn't see it but that's just disgraceful. Mona choked throughout that match so I'm guessing errani thought she did something special? It's like she can't accept the fact that she is outplayed.

I understand being gracious after a slam final, and she seemed like a nice girl on and off court, but when she lost to Bondarenko is den Bosch it's as if she hated the world. Slowly but surely I saw her when she lost its as if she didn't play well and her opponent "just happened to win."

I completely understand being upset after a loss, but the lack of respect most of the time is something I usually don't see in today's game.

i wonder if she'll get shit for that as well on top of everything else, like they do when serena says she played bad?

dencod16
Feb 24th, 2013, 05:15 PM
i wonder if she'll get shit for that as well on top of everything else, like they do when serena says she played bad?

Well Serena is always nice at handshakes win or lose.

FORZA SARITA
Feb 24th, 2013, 05:34 PM

now it's her :p

http://i49.tinypic.com/50lfti.gif

Slamlesswanska
Feb 24th, 2013, 08:37 PM
^ Say Errani fan :P

Ivanovic2008
Feb 24th, 2013, 10:15 PM
I like fiery players so that's why I don't mind Ana, Domi, Oudin etc
I can't stand Bartoli, Franny, Cohen and Sharapova.

Ferg
Feb 24th, 2013, 10:26 PM
I like fiery players so that's why I don't mind Ana, Domi, Oudin etc
I can't stand Bartoli, Franny, Cohen and Sharapova.

ohhhhhhh the irony :lol:

August
Feb 24th, 2013, 10:34 PM
All shriekers.

croat123
Feb 24th, 2013, 10:36 PM
lauren davis makes me want to cut myself :o

goOudinUSA
Feb 24th, 2013, 10:38 PM
Putintseva

Mahon_Lorcan
Feb 24th, 2013, 10:57 PM
Sharapova, Azarenka, Wickmayer, Putintseva, Petković and her stupid dance, Cibulkova, Goerges

Queen Vika
Feb 25th, 2013, 06:15 AM
Radwanska, What a sour bitch

RandomTennisFan
Feb 25th, 2013, 06:47 AM
The ones that grunt...;)
I also find it annoying when someone keeps fist pumping or whispering 'come on' or something after every point they win, really annoys me...
Now you know who I'm talking about...;)

gegalli
Feb 25th, 2013, 07:02 AM
Vika Bitchampion and Andrea Petkobitch, no doubt! :fiery:

caroalltheway
Feb 25th, 2013, 07:25 AM
Putintseva

Sharapova, Azarenka, Wickmayer, Putintseva, Petković and her stupid dance, Cibulkova, Goerges

Yuliya is a bad bitch, and you all WILL deal.

thrust
Feb 25th, 2013, 12:46 PM
Sharapova.

1- SHARAPOVA
2- VIKA
3- SERENA

NashaMasha
Feb 25th, 2013, 12:49 PM
1- SHARAPOVA
2- VIKA
3- SERENA

:lol: why are you still on TF? it's all about this 3

sammy01
Feb 25th, 2013, 04:07 PM
A couple to add -

Errani - forehand is so ugly, basically spins in 1st serves as hasn't the ability to slice or hit it flat (imagine a top 10 player who cant slice a serve ffs), her grunt should see her get done for noise pollution, no one wants to see a player hit 0 winners in 2 sets. To add to all that she looks like the love child of Gail Platt (corrie) and E.T.

Niculescu - I cant decide if her face or tennis annoys me more, both should never be seen in public either way. Her slice forehand doesn't even have any bite, it just floats into court, she has zero power and can only win matches by turning them into a war of attrition that last 3 hours as she has no actual shots.

azdaja
Feb 25th, 2013, 06:46 PM
Ivanovic - the look of panic on her face is just laughable for someone who has a slam (though she fluked it) her stupid fistpumps. Her complete lack of personality off court. Her ball toss makes you pray for women's tennis.
:haha:

too funny seeing posters who otherwise even say intelligent things still peddling this nonsense. ana is so vip, for her words have to change their meaning :cool:

Stonerpova
Feb 25th, 2013, 06:51 PM
I've tried my very hardest to find something to like about Azarenka's on-court attitude, but I can't. Everything about it annoys me.

I also find Radwanska extremely annoying, but I do like her game.

erschloy214
Feb 25th, 2013, 07:12 PM
Bartoli drives me nuts. She always seems angry and cocky during every match. All of her quirks drive me insane too.

Azarenka's grunting annoys me a lot and her attitude/gamesmenship at times. I like Sharapova but her grunting is too much.

I am not a fan of Wickmayer's attitude.

I've heard awful things about Putintseva, but I have not had the pleasure of seeing her in action yet :-)

Petersmiler
Feb 25th, 2013, 08:00 PM
Sharapova, that scream is ridiculous. Radwanska, I understand how having such a calm poker face all the time can help your game, but I prefer my players to be a little more passionate.

Kim's_fan_4ever
Feb 25th, 2013, 08:28 PM
Azarenka, Serena, Errani and Niculescu :o

StoneRose
Feb 25th, 2013, 11:27 PM
Goerges, Cibulkova. No contest.

Offland
Feb 26th, 2013, 12:30 AM
Azarenka and Sharapova screams, I barely stand to watch them or rather listen to them , it's cacophonic nightmare to my ears ,though I have nothing against them on court ...I just wish to get a chance to plaster their mouth^^
Radwanska is pretty impressive with her poker face , consistency and holy patience but sometimes I 'd really like to give her a good smack to get her going

Edit.Oh I forgot to add , Bartoli with her 'psycho fits'...or whatever it is...

Veesus
Feb 26th, 2013, 12:31 AM
Sharapova

lovethegame
Feb 26th, 2013, 10:29 AM
OOOOH....Lauren Davis. Got to go to quallies French. Will you just serve the ball Davies instead of playing basketball with it!!! Enough.
Azarenka's scream. Given.
Petkovic. You are not funny or I dont get German humour.........at all
Serena. That fake smile...the wig..the ego
Putintseva I dislike but I love watching her...It's a sickness

Mixal
Feb 26th, 2013, 10:58 AM
Goerges, Cibulkova. No contest.

Surprise, surprise :lol:

tennisCV
Feb 26th, 2013, 05:28 PM
Serena is pretty annoying. She thinks she owns the world and it should bow at her feet.

madmax
Feb 26th, 2013, 05:41 PM
Serena is pretty annoying. She thinks she owns the world and it should bow at her feet.

seconded...by far the most annoying broad out there. No contest here really

scandic78
Feb 26th, 2013, 05:51 PM
Azarenka, Fichman, Niculescu, Kerber, Bartoli, Woz, Cibulkova - all hatefully irritating

Jankovic but not as much as she used to. Cohen could do with a slap. :o

lovethegame
Feb 26th, 2013, 06:06 PM
i stood next to Cohen at the French when she was in normal clothes....my God she stunk of BO......have a wash. didnt get to see her play was to busy getting annoyed at 'pint size fetcher' Davis wasting time. Also Pint size was playing..Help Me is a sickness. I love watching her go crazy on court. She lost in 3 to Malek? it was beautiful.

Dominic
Feb 26th, 2013, 06:11 PM

This, and Bartoli

Cindy and Kate
Feb 26th, 2013, 06:20 PM

I don't know, or care, if she thinks like that. But some of her fans in this forum do, and it's really annoying.

RVD
Feb 26th, 2013, 06:24 PM
Serena is pretty annoying. She thinks she owns the world and it should bow at her feet.seconded...by far the most annoying broad out there. No contest here reallyBut what's truly annoying is how she just keeps on beating your favs... giving you even more reason to not just be annoyed, but 'hate' her as well. :tape: :help:

Wiggly
Feb 26th, 2013, 06:29 PM
Most players think they have to "out-do" their opponent which lead to embarassing behavior from both sides.

tennisCV
Feb 26th, 2013, 06:54 PM
But what's truly annoying is how she just keeps on beating your favs... giving you even more reason to not just be annoyed, but 'hate' her as well. :tape: :help:

I don't 'hate' her at all. I think she is a very dominant player, without question. Great tennis to watch when she is on her game.

I do think she is conceited and has personality issues that are annoying. This is a separate observation from the state of her tennis game or who she beats.

Miss Atomic Bomb
Feb 26th, 2013, 07:02 PM
I agree, Serena is annoying. She is especially annoying when when playing Sharapova. Who does she think she is?!

Ivanovic2008
Feb 26th, 2013, 07:04 PM
I don't find Serena very annoying but sometimes some of her fans drive me crazy with their whole Lord and Queen thing. It's just stupid.

Nicolás89
Feb 26th, 2013, 07:04 PM
Nothing beats POME. :lol:

Stonerpova
Feb 26th, 2013, 07:17 PM
But what's truly annoying is how she just keeps on beating your favs... giving you even more reason to not just be annoyed, but 'hate' her as well. :tape: :help:

She's been killing my fave for the better part of decade and I still like her :lol:

RVD
Feb 26th, 2013, 07:20 PM
I don't 'hate' her at all. I think she is a very dominant player, without question. Great tennis to watch when she is on her game.

I do think she is conceited and has personality issues that are annoying. This is a separate observation from the state of her tennis game or who she beats.In all honesty, I find your point of view interesting because Serena's personality is what I'm drawn to. Champions with a meek or mild demeanor turn me off. That sort of non-emotional tepid attitude that most of the posters here prefer is just so boring to me. And I've found that what many call conceit or arrogance, I call 'confidence'. I know that many French people confuse confidence with arrogance when referring to any American player, so using that example, I choose to chalk it up as a cultural difference.

Moreover, if Serena didn't present such a stark attitude, I doubt that she'd be as effective on court.
Many of the most dominant and influential athletes throughout history maintain the same swagger, and so it isn't surprising that Serena would be no different.

Much respect to you though for clarifying. :)
The vast majority of posters on this board who have an issue with Serena are far more obtuse when explaining the reason, and overt when denigrating her.
Just hang around for a bit and you'll quickly see what I mean.

RVD
Feb 26th, 2013, 07:25 PM
She's been killing my fave for the better part of decade and I still like her :lol::lol: :lol:
Sometimes death is entertaining.

RobinT83
Feb 26th, 2013, 07:49 PM
Quitova, Hypeges, Shanksur, Jokevanovski, Parmugtier, Cornut etc...

davidmario
Feb 26th, 2013, 07:58 PM
Right now its Flipkens. Acting like all of Puchkova's shots are lucky, complaining about correct line calls, calling the trainer when Puchkova has a run :rolleyes: I thought Kim was so influential to Kirsten - apparently not in the behaviour department :help:

Cindy and Kate
Feb 26th, 2013, 08:51 PM

I do think she is conceited and has personality issues that are annoying. This is a separate observation from the state of her tennis game or who she beats.

Well said. I still don't understand how you can "hate" a tennis player (except Errani :oh: ). I was really happy for Serena when she beat Petra, and I loved to see her reaction after the match, even if I wanted Petra to win.

lovethegame
Feb 26th, 2013, 09:33 PM
pretty sure Mrs Mouratoglou's list would start with Serena or RVD does having an affair with someone's husband the American version for 'confidence'?

Hmmmmmm?

King Kong Barbie
Feb 26th, 2013, 09:34 PM
Su-Wei Hsieh

tennisCV
Feb 26th, 2013, 09:36 PM
In all honesty, I find your point of view interesting because Serena's personality is what I'm drawn to. Champions with a meek or mild demeanor turn me off. That sort of non-emotional tepid attitude that most of the posters here prefer is just so boring to me. And I've found that what many call conceit or arrogance, I call 'confidence'.

I am as well drawn to confidence and strong competitive spirit. I may be opening up a new can of worms here, but let's compare Federer and Serena.

No doubt, they are both elite players. In my opinion, Roger has a relaxed attitude and burn to win. He has confidence and walks with poise. When a point or call doesn't go his way, he usually moves on after a decision has been made. With a few exceptions, he rarely makes inappropriate comments on the court. He has a CONFIDENCE about his game WITHOUT ARROGANCE.

In my opinion, Serena lacks all of the above, especially when she loses. I would much rather my child emulate the character and behavior of Roger than Serena.

Thanks for the welcome too!:)

LUVMIRZA
Feb 26th, 2013, 09:48 PM
Su-Wei Hsieh

ur username....no way:lol:

Kasey
Feb 26th, 2013, 09:59 PM

This, and Bartoli

:tape:
Martha tards have spoken :spit:
No wonder most takes pride in contributing **cough bye bitch gifs etc. cough** to Martha's yet another loss threads whenever she faces Sarin.

RVD
Feb 26th, 2013, 10:07 PM
pretty sure Mrs Mouratoglou's list would start with Serena or RVD does having an affair with someone's husband the American version for 'confidence'?

Hmmmmmm?I have no idea what you're talking about. :)
People break up all the time.
I was still married (on paper) when I took a business colleague out for lunch...and a year later married her.
If there were no marital problems, Serena wouldn't be with him, and Patrick wouldn't be her.
Sometimes, we tend to overlook the obvious. ;)
My opinion, of course. :angel:

RVD
Feb 26th, 2013, 10:16 PM
I am as well drawn to confidence and strong competitive spirit. I may be opening up a new can of worms here, but let's compare Federer and Serena.

No doubt, they are both elite players. In my opinion, Roger has a relaxed attitude and burn to win. He has confidence and walks with poise. When a point or call doesn't go his way, he usually moves on after a decision has been made. With a few exceptions, he rarely makes inappropriate comments on the court. He has a CONFIDENCE about his game WITHOUT ARROGANCE.

In my opinion, Serena lacks all of the above, especially when she loses. I would much rather my child emulate the character and behavior of Roger than Serena.

Thanks for the welcome too!:)Not so sure that Roger is the best representative here. :lol:
He has certainly made arrogant and downright rude comments and statements.
(Most recent: )http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/06/05/roger-federer-shut-up-french-open-del-potro_n_1571307.html
And there were several other scenes that were even posted in this forum.
Or maybe you mean comments directed at players?
At any rate, Serena has not been well-received by any means. From the very moment she turned pro, she was denigrated in so many ways across the board. All of the overt bad officiating, claims of fixing matches, being called racial epithets...
Part of that had to do with her connection to a dad...and even to Venus (Remember Indian Wells). So anyone would take on a protective stance to defend themselves.

I think Roger gets a pass because he's a much better actor. :)
But he most certainly comes off as arrogant and smug, in my opinion. To the point where I can't even watch the guy play.
I was carrying on a PM'ing conversation with a poster here who lives in Switzerland and who informed me on just how very smug, arrogant, and conceited Roger is and can get. I discovered that he even walks over his own Davis Cup (?) teammates just to garner positive press and sympathy.
But I won't slam the guy any further.

PetraReeMona
Feb 26th, 2013, 11:51 PM

I understand :hug:

It must be really annoying your fave getting all those beatdowns from a washed up old dinosaur ... what is even funnier is that she is even older now than when you made that comment .... and Pova's still getting beatdowns :happy: :hysteric:

Oh.... the most annoying player for me is Sharapova :oh:

wtftennis
Feb 27th, 2013, 12:03 AM
In all honesty, I find your point of view interesting because Serena's personality is what I'm drawn to. Champions with a meek or mild demeanor turn me off. That sort of non-emotional tepid attitude that most of the posters here prefer is just so boring to me. And I've found that what many call conceit or arrogance, I call 'confidence'. I know that many French people confuse confidence with arrogance when referring to any American player, so using that example, I choose to chalk it up as a cultural difference.

Moreover, if Serena didn't present such a stark attitude, I doubt that she'd be as effective on court.
Many of the most dominant and influential athletes throughout history maintain the same swagger, and so it isn't surprising that Serena would be no different.

Much respect to you though for clarifying. :)
The vast majority of posters on this board who have an issue with Serena are far more obtuse when explaining the reason, and overt when denigrating her.
Just hang around for a bit and you'll quickly see what I mean.

I second that. Also sometimes when people attack others character seems like they are just trying to look for any thing to hate them. Im sure you could pick off about anything from about anyone to hate. Anyway well said.

madmax
Feb 27th, 2013, 12:12 AM

It must be really annoying your fave getting all those beatdowns from a washed up old dinosaur ... what is even funnier is that she is even older now than when you made that comment .... and Pova's still getting beatdowns :happy: :hysteric:

:yawn:

andyjason
Feb 27th, 2013, 12:58 AM
I hate Serena finding excuses when she lost such as playing 20% against caro last year bla bla bla.
But I do like her saying words to her opponents after the match.

Stonerpova
Feb 27th, 2013, 01:30 AM
I hate Serena finding excuses when she lost such as playing 20% against caro last year bla bla bla.
But I do like her saying words to her opponents after the match.

Obviously it's easier to be classy in victory, but I never feel like Serena overdoes it when she wins. It's always nice to see her applaud her opponents (during and especially after matches). And I might be in the minority, but I'm liking her attitude in defeat more and more. She maintains perspective, usually compliments her opponent in some way, and immediately looks forward to her next big event. IMO that's how a player should act after a loss.

RVD
Feb 27th, 2013, 01:59 AM
I second that. Also sometimes when people attack others character seems like they are just trying to look for any thing to hate them. Im sure you could pick off about anything from about anyone to hate. Anyway well said.Thank you, and I completely agree with your point about people attacking others character.Obviously it's easier to be classy in victory, but I never feel like Serena overdoes it when she wins. It's always nice to see her applaud her opponents (during and especially after matches). And I might be in the minority, but I'm liking her attitude in defeat more and more. She maintains perspective, usually compliments her opponent in some way, and immediately looks forward to her next big event. IMO that's how a player should act after a loss.Soooo true.
Sometimes I wonder if people are confusing the past Serena with the present Serena.
And even the past Serena complimented her opponents. Just not as often as the present Serena. :devil:
If people are waiting for Serena to bow down and kowtow to the establishment, they should first bet on a winter storm in Hell before that happens.
GO SERENA!

PetraReeMona
Feb 27th, 2013, 07:57 AM

Time you went to sleep then if you are tired. Night, night :wavey:

Edit: Oh yes, those beatdowns are getting quite boring and predictable arn't they? :happy:

Coconut91
Feb 27th, 2013, 10:58 AM
Obviously it's easier to be classy in victory, but I never feel like Serena overdoes it when she wins. It's always nice to see her applaud her opponents (during and especially after matches). And I might be in the minority, but I'm liking her attitude in defeat more and more. She maintains perspective, usually compliments her opponent in some way, and immediately looks forward to her next big event. IMO that's how a player should act after a loss.

Agreed.

Dominic
Feb 27th, 2013, 01:48 PM

I know :lol: she's seriously sad

Dominic
Feb 27th, 2013, 01:54 PM
Do some ppl actually find players annoying for beating their faves?! :unsure: Or is it just Serena fans being oversensitive and childish and upset because their fave was mentionned?
The objective of playing a tennis match is to win. I think everyone knows that.

P3
Feb 27th, 2013, 01:58 PM
Could you give some examples of her thinkinh she owns the world and that it should bow at her feet?

Kasey
Feb 27th, 2013, 02:55 PM
Or is it just Martha tards being oversensitive and still butthurt over that inevitable spanking in Doha?
All the crap they said about the Queen here would suggest that:shrug:

NashaMasha
Feb 27th, 2013, 03:59 PM

washed up old dinosaur? :help::facepalm: are you OK or something?

isn't your fave's ass constanatly spanked by this player?

Number19
Feb 27th, 2013, 04:22 PM
Caroline Wozniacki

It's not her "pushing." It's not her "KAMAN!'s." It's not all the PDA pics with Rory (even though that is pretty annoying.)

It's things like "I lost motivation at #1." It's the "new coach wants me to try new things, I don't like that" (paraphrased) It's her complacency in the face of adversity. It's a pusher who doesn't really push when she should, to be better and can be a better tennis player.

Start da Game
Feb 27th, 2013, 04:26 PM
shararararapova

1. deliberate intense screaming.....

2. cheating (result of screaming).....

3. noble prize ceremony walking style between points.....

4. annoying outfits.....

5. annoying looks at everyone as if the whole world is against her.....

Cecig
Feb 27th, 2013, 04:47 PM
Cheaterenka is sooooo anoying!!!

PetraReeMona
Feb 27th, 2013, 04:50 PM
washed up old dinosaur? :help::facepalm: are you OK or something?

isn't your fave's ass constanatly spanked by this player?

:happy: :happy: :hysteric:

NashaMasha not knowing what's going on with "washed up old dinosaur" :happy: :rolls: Is that surprising?

Go have a look at your obsessions' poster Madmax's post where he called Serena a washed up old dinosaur and that she would never lose to Serena again because she's a washed up old dinosaur :tape: . That's why I called her a "washed up old dinosaur" ... I'm taking the piss out of MadMax .. see?

Yes my fave's ass is constantly spaned by the Lawd, but she takes her to 3 sets and wins loads more games ... She's never ever only won 3 games per match or even 1 per match unlike your fave. :help:

There's always been a match between Petra and the Lawd, which is more than you can say there is between the Lawd and Maria ... that's more of a ... well ... erm ... humiliation :ignore:

:wavey:

Maria rocks
Feb 28th, 2013, 12:30 PM
shararararapova

1. deliberate intense screaming.....

2. cheating (result of screaming).....

3. noble prize ceremony walking style between points.....

4. annoying outfits.....

5. annoying looks at everyone as if the whole world is against her.....

HA HA i don't agree obv but funny how you have pin pointed things like it really winds you up.

I still find Ivanovic very annoying. esp that annoying yelp everytime she wins a point grrrrrrrrrrrrr

misty1
Feb 28th, 2013, 12:51 PM
errani hands down

jisung
Feb 28th, 2013, 12:52 PM
Unknown player Mayr from AUT should be in this list, her C'mon and behaves on court are terrible indeed :o

GoofyDuck
Feb 28th, 2013, 01:00 PM
Unknown player Mayr from AUT should be in this list, her C'mon and behaves on court are terrible indeed :o

Well she's just an amazing player that has the game to beat anyone in front of her :worship:

BRtVXZshEBc

ShiftyFella
Feb 28th, 2013, 01:04 PM
Her Demonic kamans are awesome:angel:

NashaMasha
Feb 28th, 2013, 01:09 PM
:happy: :happy: :hysteric:

NashaMasha not knowing what's going on with "washed up old dinosaur" :happy: :rolls: Is that surprising?

Go have a look at your obsessions' poster Madmax's post where he called Serena a washed up old dinosaur and that she would never lose to Serena again because she's a washed up old dinosaur :tape: . That's why I called her a "washed up old dinosaur" ... I'm taking the piss out of MadMax .. see?

Yes my fave's ass is constantly spaned by the Lawd, but she takes her to 3 sets and wins loads more games ... She's never ever only won 3 games per match or even 1 per match unlike your fave. :help:

There's always been a match between Petra and the Lawd, which is more than you can say there is between the Lawd and Maria ... that's more of a ... well ... erm ... humiliation :ignore:

:wavey:

if someone told BS , don't be an idiot promoting this BS in your posts .... It's not becoming less insulting if you'll continue quoting some dumbheads' comments

By the way, how many wins does your fave have vs Serena? Zero? and even managed to lose to Sjorgen Venus in 2012

PetraReeMona
Feb 28th, 2013, 01:41 PM
if someone told BS , don't be an idiot promoting this BS in your posts .... It's not becoming less insulting if you'll continue quoting some dumbheads' comments

By the way, how many wins does your fave have vs Serena? Zero? and even managed to lose to Sjorgen Venus in 2012

That's right my fave has no wins vs Serena, but as I said before, they have good matches, not beatdowns and is not humiliated unlike a certain other tennis player, like I said in my previous post :ignore:

Yup she also lost to Sjorgen Venus, well spotted, you're on the ball arn't you? :yeah:

crescentmoon
Feb 28th, 2013, 02:19 PM

Thanks for the welcome too!:)

Eww I have a hard time with Federer. His attitude is awful after a loss. He explains it he didn't play his best. After the millionth time Nadal beat him and he pulled his I didn't play my best people started catching on to the fact he is getting old and the excuses flow. I prefer my children to emulate serena than the excuse driven roger Federer.