PDA

View Full Version : USO Rd32: (10) Sara Errani runs over (Q) Olga Puchkova, 61 61

Tennis Fool
Sep 1st, 2012, 10:49 PM
Olga was overwhelmed, but still an unbelievable tournament for her in winning 5 matches :hearts: Now on the edge of the Top 100 for the first time since 2008, hope she keeps it up :yeah:

Natural Joe
Olga was an UE machine :tape: Good match from Sara though :yeah:

http://i46.tinypic.com/j7qmfq.png

http://i46.tinypic.com/mwr4at.png

Sammo
Olga was overwhelmed, but still an unbelievable tournament for her in when 5 matches :hearts: Now on the edge of the Top 100 for the first time since 2008, hope she keeps it up :yeah:

Yup, she just wasn't ready 4 E.T.rani... :sad:

pling
Sep 1st, 2012, 10:50 PM
olga was very crap

37 errors in 14 games :hysteric:

did she think she was playing baseball?

MrJovani2293
Sep 1st, 2012, 10:51 PM
Errani's grunting is so annoying!!!!!!!!

Tennis Fool
Sep 1st, 2012, 10:52 PM
Yup, she just wasn't ready 4 E.T.rani... :sad:
This current Top 10 is the boss (replacing Woz for Bartoli, of course).

Mahon_Lorcan
Sep 1st, 2012, 10:52 PM
Puchova is pathetic..her play is awful..where did she lose a brain? GOD..never ever....

Natash.
Sep 1st, 2012, 10:53 PM

This :sobbing: :lol:

Olga not really used to playing on that level yet but at least I got a chance to see to gorgeous groundstrokes.

No comments on Errani. :angel:

Sammo
Sep 1st, 2012, 10:53 PM
olga was very crap

37 errors in 14 games :hysteric:

did she think she was playing baseball?

At times, it looked so...

Zamboni
Sep 1st, 2012, 10:54 PM
According to ES that was Sara's 50th win this season :bowdown:

Chim
Great job Errani. Winning a match 6:1 6:1 with only 10 winners. Unbelieveable stats. I would love to see Errani vs Kerber. It would be very interesting.:worship:

Slamlesswanska
Errani hasn`t respect to other players... She winning 6-1 5-1 and screaming like score was 7-6 6-5...

FORZA SARITA
Sep 1st, 2012, 10:56 PM
i stopped watching after 2-0 in the 2nd set :tape:
QF-RU-R3-R4(at least) in slams this year :bounce:

Tennis Fool
Sep 1st, 2012, 10:56 PM
Olga was an UE machine :tape: Good match from Sara though :yeah:

http://i46.tinypic.com/j7qmfq.png

http://i46.tinypic.com/mwr4at.png

That's Olga, though.

Against Falconi, 30 W, 70UFE :eek:

Matej
Sep 1st, 2012, 10:57 PM
Itīs actually somewhat "unfair" ;) that Errani is safely through to the 4th round, while Clijsters, Venus Williams and Li Na are out ... After all, Kim, Venus and Li would beat Errani if they faced each other.

[End of an admitedly pointless rant. :o]

Shvedbarilescu
Sep 1st, 2012, 10:58 PM
Great tournament for Olga but this was never going to be close. Doesn't matter though, Olga obviously been working very hard to get back into the top 100 and she has taken an absolutely giant step in that direction over the last week and a half. It won't be long now....

As for Sara, she has now lost just 3 games in her last 4 sets. Hopefully some posters here might actually start coming around to the idea that maybe, just maybe, Sara can actually play pretty well on hardcourts.

FORZA SARITA
Sep 1st, 2012, 11:00 PM
Itīs actually somewhat "unfair" ;) that Errani is safely through to the 4th round, while Clijsters, Venus Williams and Li Na are out ... After all, Kim, Venus and Li would beat Errani if they faced each other.

what a garbage post :lol: so for you Petra's run in FO this year was unfair too?:)

Chim
Sep 1st, 2012, 11:00 PM

Agree! Even more than our world #1.

AnywhereButHome
Sep 1st, 2012, 11:01 PM
http://www.deviantart.com/download/133709032/CCC_Commission_Sharky_by_ajaxyomama.jpg
Thanks god she's going to lose to Carebear :bounce:

Tennis Fool
Sep 1st, 2012, 11:02 PM
I'm not even sure Olga's got a coach. She has money now, time to invest :angel: Maybe Luke Jensen :hehehe:

Shvedbarilescu
Sep 1st, 2012, 11:04 PM

Very pointless rant, especially as there are numerous players still in the draw, including one Czech girl both of us are very fond of, who Errani would easily be favoured to beat. And actually on the form Clijsters and Li showed this tournament I am not sure Errani wouldn't have beaten them. She is playing very well.

Madoka
Sep 1st, 2012, 11:05 PM
Thanks god she's going to lose to Carebear

the same way she lost in paris, rite ?

Matej
Sep 1st, 2012, 11:06 PM
what a garbage post :lol: so for you Petra's run in FO this year was unfair too?:)

Please, name at least one player who lost early at RG because of an "unlucky" draw and who was very likely to beat Petra if they faced each other. Ivanovic or Radwanska? ;)

Your analogy is completely misplaced.

FORZA SARITA
Sep 1st, 2012, 11:09 PM
Please, name at least one player who lost early at RG because of an "unlucky" draw and who was very likely to beat Petra if they faced each other. Ivanovic or Radwanska? ;)

Your analogy is completely misplaced.

and do you think i'm going to waste time checking RG draw to answer your post?:rolleyes:

A Magicman
Sep 1st, 2012, 11:11 PM
So the cycling doctor really helps upping her game.

Matej
Sep 1st, 2012, 11:18 PM
Very pointless rant, especially as there are numerous players still in the draw, including one Czech girl both of us are very fond of, who Errani would easily be favoured to beat. And actually on the form Clijsters and Li showed this tournament I am not sure Errani wouldn't have beaten them. She is playing very well.

Well, Hlavackova actually played pretty close match against Errani in Fed Cup (she lost 6-2 2-6 2-6) and it could be very well even closer now, since Andreaīs form in singles has improved quite a lot recently (remember, she played a very close match against Kerber in Cincinnati).

Shvedbarilescu
Sep 1st, 2012, 11:27 PM
Well, Hlavackova actually played pretty close match against Errani in Fed Cup (she lost 6-2 2-6 2-6) and it could be very well even closer now, since Andreaīs form in singles has improved quite a lot recently (remember, she played a very close match against Kerber in Cincinnati).

I like both Andrea and Sara a lot so I think, unlike you ;), I can assess this match without any bias. Sara is just playing too consistent for Andrea right now and she is moving well enough, and hitting deep enough that Andrea would be forced to make a lot of errors. This really is a match that would play into Sara's hands.

And I can't believe you even brought up the Fed Cup match. That really does make you look a little bit silly and slightly desperate. That match was a dead rubber. Never ever use a dead rubber match as an example of what would happen if two players met in a real match. Dead rubbers are always entirely meaningless. You really should know that.

misty1
Sep 1st, 2012, 11:27 PM
olga was awful but its a huge accomplishment for her to have gotten this far

Gutturnio D.O.C.
Sep 1st, 2012, 11:53 PM
As for Sara, she has now lost just 3 games in her last 4 sets. Hopefully some posters here might actually start coming around to the idea that maybe, just maybe, Sara can actually play pretty well on hardcourts.

If you add last set of r1 it's 4 games in 5 sets. Must say that all her opponents were kind of errors machines...

Archer16
Sep 2nd, 2012, 12:28 AM
If any other top 20 player would have won in the manner of Errani's recent two matches, she'd be billed here as a title contender :tape:

89% first serves in is nuts. Anyone remembers a higher number?
Of course it makes sense to play it safe when your opponent is spraying errors like that.

Fantasy Hero
Sep 2nd, 2012, 06:15 AM
:dance: well done Sara, another walk in the park :yeah:

Pops Maellard
Sep 2nd, 2012, 06:17 AM
Olga :o.

MS
Sep 2nd, 2012, 08:44 AM
Well done Sara!! Very good tournament so far :D

C. Drone
Sep 2nd, 2012, 08:59 AM
Title favorite destroying the field. :yeah:

Zamboni
Sep 2nd, 2012, 09:09 AM
If you add last set of r1 it's 4 games in 5 sets. Must say that all her opponents were kind of errors machines...
Which is what Sara makes them be too, by being so solid. ;)

89% first serves in is nuts. Anyone remembers a higher number?
Of course it makes sense to play it safe when your opponent is spraying errors like that.
Sara really aims for a high %. Of course, if you've seen her 2nd serve, it's easy to know why. ;) But she was saying just this week how proud she is of the way her serve is going - she put in a lot of work in improving her % even further and it's really working. She knows she's always gonna struggle on the shot, but she makes the most of it.

Simugna Help
Sep 2nd, 2012, 09:15 AM
Is there a difference between her first and second serve? I struggle to see it, both are very spinned and go high over the net.

Zamboni
Sep 2nd, 2012, 09:17 AM
Is there a difference between her first and second serve? I struggle to see it, both are very spinned and go high over the net.
Yes there is. The second is much slower, and has a different angle and more spin.

Dexter
Sep 2nd, 2012, 09:21 AM
No chance for Olga against such a consistent retriever. It was a pleasure to see her beautiful groundstrokes on the stream again after so many years though. I hope she keeps working hard (which I know she won't) and get her ass back to top100 where she belongs.

Sombrerero loco
Sep 2nd, 2012, 09:22 AM
sara made her cakewalk good. lets see now how she plays...

LefandePatty
Sep 2nd, 2012, 01:18 PM
:sad:

LegionArgentina
Sep 2nd, 2012, 02:19 PM
Yes there is. The second is much slower, and has a different angle and more spin.

Exactly first serve 90/95 mph, second serve 70mph(she hit a 55mph the other day :lol: )
Keep going Sarita :cheer:

Madoka
Sep 4th, 2012, 12:21 AM
Thanks god she's going to lose to Carebear :bounce:

:wavey: