PDA

View Full Version : Angelique Kerber - First Player in History to...

Dodoboy.
Sep 1st, 2012, 06:55 PM
First player in history to defeat Venus on all three surfaces in one calendar year.

First player in history not with the name Serena. Just popped into my head, quite a feat.

NashaMasha
Sep 1st, 2012, 07:00 PM
First player in history to defeat Venus on all three surfaces in one calendar year.

First player in history not with the name Serena. Just popped into my head, quite a feat.

she defeated grandma , and,what is more, having problems with health....

Rest Maria!
Sep 1st, 2012, 07:01 PM
Vesnina deprived Aga of that opportunity :tears:

Tenis Srbija
Sep 1st, 2012, 07:05 PM
In this last match Kerber defeated no one. Venus did all the job and she did it spectacularly :oh:

TheBoiledEgg
Sep 1st, 2012, 07:12 PM
says more about Venus than Kerber
as its 2012 and Venus is a pale shadow of herself

MakarovaFan
Sep 1st, 2012, 07:31 PM
In this last match Kerber defeated no one. Venus did all the job and she did it spectacularly :oh:
But isn't that always the excus....err case with Venus.

Stamp Paid
Sep 1st, 2012, 07:33 PM
she defeated grandma , and,what is more, having problems with health....:crying2:

Eigenvalue
Sep 1st, 2012, 07:33 PM

Correctamundo...with Venus and Serena as well...quite disrespectful towards her opponents...:cool:

sxeraserhead
Sep 1st, 2012, 07:36 PM
I know the USO match was a mess, but the Olympics match was really high quality :shrug: disrespectful to both players to just dismiss this as "Venus Sjogren's", Venus has beaten multiple top 10 players this year. Kerber deserves some credit for beating her 3 times in a row even if Venus is not the same player as before, she is still very good and a competitor...

sweetpeas
Sep 1st, 2012, 08:02 PM
So true sxeraserhead.

Halepsova
Sep 1st, 2012, 08:59 PM
It's not that amazing. :o Do you know how many people beat KDK in all surfaces in a calendar year? Because I don't.

Linguae^
Sep 1st, 2012, 09:02 PM
Ten years back, Venus would defeat this particular toy with no excuses. :p

GermanBoy
Sep 1st, 2012, 09:10 PM
I am disgusted at what I am reading here. To be honest I have never been Venus' biggest fan but she deserves much respect for her career achievements & therefore Kerber deserves respect for beating Venus on all surfaces within one year.

Venus might be old for a tennis player & she might have been having injuries & health problems lately but this happens to everyone. Every great player will at some point reach the autumn of their career & then their form & results won't be the same as before. This is just common sense!

Really makes you think this forum is flooded with braindead people who can't even count to three... :rolleyes:

Povin
Sep 1st, 2012, 09:21 PM
Has anybody beaten Williams sisters 4 times or more in one year?

Alexander18
Sep 1st, 2012, 09:27 PM
I am disgusted at what I am reading here. To be honest I have never been Venus' biggest fan but she deserves much respect for her career achievements & therefore Kerber deserves respect for beating Venus on all surfaces within one year.

Venus might be old for a tennis player & she might have been having injuries & health problems lately but this happens to everyone. Every great player will at some point reach the autumn of their career & then their form & results won't be the same as before. This is just common sense!

Really makes you think this forum is flooded with braindead people who can't even count to three... :rolleyes:

Exactly.

That's all that the people here are saying. Sure it sounds great to throw this accomplishment around, but to put it in perspective, Venus is in the "autumn" of her career so it's hard to get so excited about what Kerber has been able to do.

Tenis Srbija
Sep 1st, 2012, 09:33 PM

Well, for whoever had working eyes during their match at USO that was the case :shrug: I'm not even Venus fan to be making excuses for her :lol:

Dodoboy.
Sep 1st, 2012, 09:42 PM

Hingis beat Venus 3 times in 97.

Closest I think.

dsanders06
Sep 1st, 2012, 09:46 PM
Davenport beat Venus 4 times within 12 months (summer 2004-spring 2005).

Freakan
Sep 1st, 2012, 09:55 PM
Davenport beat Venus 4 times within 12 months (summer 2004-spring 2005).

Also 4 times in 1998.

Raiden
Sep 1st, 2012, 10:25 PM
Not as impressive as Justine beating the other Williams on all three surfaces, but a feat nonetheless (especially since I don't see any of the new generation leading ladies be capable of doing this against Venus even now (Pironkova/Azarenka wouldn't be able to do it on clay, Pova wouldn't be able to do it outside clay, A-Rad couldn't do it on grass... and so on and so forth)

Linguae^
Sep 1st, 2012, 10:27 PM
...and not lost a single game...it's Kerber 4 : The Testosteron Sisters 0...:cool:Oh, how witty. :tennis:

GermanBoy
Sep 1st, 2012, 10:35 PM
Exactly.

That's all that the people here are saying. Sure it sounds great to throw this accomplishment around, but to put it in perspective, Venus is in the "autumn" of her career so it's hard to get so excited about what Kerber has been able to do.

Still a player has to first achieve this kind of thing. Venus has got a huge name & reputation like every other star in the game. Believe me that Kerber herself will see this as a high achievement.

Also, I cannot believe how some players constantly get bashed when they lose. "Venus is old & makes too inconsitent", "Sam has got no weapons", "Wozniacki is just a pusher"... Just fed up reading this crap in every thread over & over again!

Eigenvalue
Sep 1st, 2012, 10:36 PM
Oh, how witty. :tennis:

...and probably so close to the truth, that the post got deleted...:cool:

ShiftyFella
Sep 1st, 2012, 10:37 PM
Not as impressive as Justine beating the other Williams on all three surfaces, but a feat nonetheless (especially since I don't see any of the new generation leading ladies be capable of doing this against Venus even now (Pironkova/Azarenka wouldn't be able to do it on clay, Pova wouldn't be able to do it outside clay, A-Rad couldn't do it on grass... and so on and so forth).
Kvitty can easily smoke both of them on any surface:devil:

QuestJon
Sep 1st, 2012, 11:41 PM
Originally Posted by Eigenvalue View Post
...and not lost a single game...it's Kerber 4 : The Testosteron Sisters 0...

Oh, how witty. :tennis:

Now let it be witty or not. Let it be testosteron or not.
Fact it is 0:4 for sisters.

And Kerber is not a great player at all.
No win ever against Azarenka or Stosur. Not even Cohen.
A BBP (brainless ball pusher).

And a serve like an elephant on ice.

I can#t understand why they did let that happen.
I just can't...
:fiery::fiery::fiery::angel::fiery::fiery::fiery:

keithb1961
Sep 2nd, 2012, 01:07 AM
Once a player takes the court for a match, all bets are off. No excuses allowed.....

NashaMasha
Sep 2nd, 2012, 01:15 AM
Pova wouldn't be able to do it outside clay

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

POVA is 3-1 on hard courts!!!!

Achernar
Sep 2nd, 2012, 01:43 AM
I know the USO match was a mess, but the Olympics match was really high quality :shrug: disrespectful to both players to just dismiss this as "Venus Sjogren's", Venus has beaten multiple top 10 players this year. Kerber deserves some credit for beating her 3 times in a row even if Venus is not the same player as before, she is still very good and a competitor...

I'm not a fan of either player, but you're absolutely right here. Venus is not the playerr she uses to be, but she's still a strong opponent. As for Kerber, she deserves all her success this year. She made her own luck.

Pops Maellard
Sep 2nd, 2012, 03:31 AM
I think back to '09 AO where Vee played Kerber in the first round and it was NID because Kerber was a scrub journeywoman back then :sobbing:.

UPVcocWkETk

pov
Sep 2nd, 2012, 03:40 AM

:yeah:

pov
Sep 2nd, 2012, 03:51 AM
Well, for whoever had working eyes during their match at USO that was the case
Really? In the match I saw Kerber played very well and Williams wasn't exactly a slouch.Sure she made 60 UEs (in 32 games) but there were many superb rallies and she hit 43 winners. For context - tonight Ivanovic made 56 UEs (in 31 games), hit 37 winners and won. Of course Kerber deserves the credit for a good win.

Reptilia
Sep 2nd, 2012, 04:00 AM
Wow, lets declare her GOAT :bowdown:

Beating Venus these days is hardly a huge feat. She has just been fortunate enough to draw her 3 times this year.

ivanban
Sep 2nd, 2012, 08:09 PM

Honey, Sisters don't play that often to give anyone such chance ;)