PDA

View Full Version : Brandy : Two Eleven (October 16th)

BartoliBabes
Sep 1st, 2012, 04:07 PM
During the album's listening part on August 20, 2012 at Germano Studios in Manhattan, New York, Two Eleven's executive producer Breyon Presscot revealed that there would be fifteen songs on the final track listing. Eleven of the songs were previewed at the album party but not all were completely mixed, mastered or finished.

http://i49.tinypic.com/2z6z8lg.jpg

Previewed tracks
"Do You Know" (produced by Mike WiLL Made It) sees Norwood firing back at her love. In the lyrics she "cuts down her man for failing to return her affections."

"Hardly Breathing"(written by Rico Love and Jim Jonsin) where Norwood speaks of the anguish of having her partner leave.

"Let Me Go" (produced by Bangladesh) described as an "up-tempo club song." On the chorus, Norwood sings "You know how I get when you let me go", and later in the song she makes reference to twitter and her mother. The song interpolates "Tonight" by Swedish pop singer Lykke Li.

"No Such Thing As too Late" (written by Love and Jonsin) sees Norwood talking about the emotions of a new relationship. Lyrics include the line "When you really love somebody / you can wait / 'cause there's no such thing as too late."

"Put It Down" (featuring Chris Brown)[53] (Shondrae Crawford, Sean Garrett, Chris Brown, Dwayne Abernathy) has a distinctly hip-hop flavour, with Norwood taking on her "rap-singing" vocal performance she last used when assuming her persona of "Bran'Nu" on Timbaland's album Shock Value II (2009). "Put It Down" is built around a "mid-tempo thumping production" courtesy of Bangladesh. The song first entered the US Billboard R&B charts at number 98 and has since reached number 13, becoming her biggest hit on the chart in 10 years.http://youtu.be/E5svXAZ9-Qk

"Scared of Beautiful" (featuring Frank Ocean) (Christopher Breaux, Lamont Neuble, Wayne Nugent, Kevin Risto, Tim Stewart) is a duet between Norwood and Ocean, and features the duo exchanging lyrics about looking forwards and not backwards, with lines such as "I wonder why there's no mirrors on these walls no more/ You can't tell me why you're so terrified of beautiful".

"So Sick" (written by Sean Garrett) (produced by Bangladesh) another record which was written by Garrett. On the song, Norwood addresses a lover who pushes her too far and "violating her trust", it includes the lyrics "How far do you think I'll let you push me before I cross the line?".

"White Flag" (written and produced by Hit-Boy) the ballad discusses "emotional defeat".

"Wildest Dreams" (written by Sean Garrett) (produced by Tha Bizness) A introspective ballad, "Wildest Dreams" speaks about Norwood's losing out emotionally. Lyrics include the line "Never in my wildest dreams did I think someone could care 'bout me/ Not just the way you love me, but you know I'm emotional (sometimes)."http://youtu.be/wGAQNzCXX-c

"Wish Your Love Away" (written and produced by Mario Winans) where Norwood sings with angst for her lover "who played her like a fool". Centred around a melody of "serrated drums" and a "piping" pan flute Norwood singles "Remember that you told me you were with it, and all them other bitches you could do without."

"Without You" (produced by Harmony) showcases Norwood's "strong vocals" with a "confident" attitude. It drew comparisons to "Enough of No Love" by Keyshia Cole, both Cole's song and Norwood's song were produced by Harmony Samuels.

ElusiveChanteuse
Sep 1st, 2012, 04:23 PM
Hopefully she won't flop again.:hug:

BartoliBabes
Sep 1st, 2012, 04:54 PM
Hopefully she won't flop again.:hug:

i think she will do better than Human at least lol which did like 70k in first week sales:o things are looking very good for her thus far, her album is pretty anticipated:) and i don't think she's gonna put out a sub-par album, she has been working hard on this album for the guts of 4 years and described this as her 'last chance'...she ain't playin:wavey: i also heard that billboard or rolling stone described it as the album of the year...or something along those lines:tape:

Dodoboy.
Sep 1st, 2012, 07:02 PM
A song with Frank!

Stamp Paid
Sep 2nd, 2012, 03:32 AM
This is going to flop, but its going to be good. Her albums always are.

lenusu
Sep 2nd, 2012, 05:09 AM
I think its going to be good. Lets see.

VeeReeDavJCap81
Sep 2nd, 2012, 05:31 AM
This is going to flop, but its going to be good. Her albums always are.

I'm scared she's going to as well :sad: But I love her and her albums never disappoint, she doesn't have a "bad" album to her name. I wish the bidge wouldn't take 4 years between projects though :rolleyes:

Andy.
Sep 2nd, 2012, 09:44 AM
I really hope it doesnt flop and does at least OK.

Just Do It
Sep 2nd, 2012, 08:09 PM
I am hoping for her it will do well.

BartoliBabes
Sep 3rd, 2012, 02:06 AM
somewhere in the range of 100-120k 1st week sales would be pretty good for her imo.
i hope y'all buy it, i for one will be buying multiple copies

skanky~skanketta
Sep 3rd, 2012, 07:56 AM
I love all of Brandy's albums. Really can't understand why she flops so hard. I mean, her stuff is quality, unlike so many of the singers out there.

V-MAC
Sep 3rd, 2012, 09:36 PM
Her duet with Monica earlier this year hardly set the charts on fire:o Yet Monica is still having a good career so there is hope for Brandy.

donellcarey
Sep 6th, 2012, 02:35 PM
I miss those albums with Rodney Jerkins:sobbing:

Shuji Shuriken
Sep 6th, 2012, 05:27 PM
She will be fine. Put It Down is doing well on radio and Wildest Dreams was just released. RCA seems to be doing a much better promo job than Epic so i'm very hopeful. This will be a good era. I can feel it in my puss http://i45.tinypic.com/2hgejvr.jpg

Shuji Shuriken
Sep 6th, 2012, 05:32 PM
Get it GHandy 6HjiqKszzdI

BartoliBabes
Sep 7th, 2012, 12:34 AM
Get it GHandy 6HjiqKszzdI

SWAG:drool: i can't fault Brandy vocally
she's the best:worship:

BartoliBabes
Sep 7th, 2012, 12:47 AM
She will be fine. Put It Down is doing well on radio and Wildest Dreams was just released. RCA seems to be doing a much better promo job than Epic so i'm very hopeful. This will be a good era. I can feel it in my puss http://i45.tinypic.com/2hgejvr.jpg

i agree, this era has been very positive thus far:) i mean, Put It Down is her biggest hit on the rnb chart in a decade and is still gaining!!!!
Wildest Dreams is my jam, in love with that song...vocally also, oh my:drool: smart to service that song to rnb adult contemporary radio first though...introduces Brandy to the more mature 'album buying' audience this era:worship:
i won't be able to stand on my OWN TWO whenever the album finally drops haha:lol: i pre-ordered the deluxe yesterday:wavey:

BartoliBabes
Sep 12th, 2012, 09:12 AM
’Two Eleven’ Tracklist

http://i48.tinypic.com/uq69u.png

1. Intro
2. Wildest Dreams
3. So Sick
4. Slower
5. No Such Thing As Too Late
6. Let Me Go
7. Without You
8. Put It Down (Ft. Chris Brown)
9. Hardly Breathing
10. Do You Know What You Have?
11. Scared of Beautiful
12. Wish Your Love Away
13. Paint This House
14. Outro

Deluxe Edition

15. Can You Hear Me Now?
16. Music
17. What You Need
18. Nodding Off

:bounce::bounce::bounce:

also, Put It Down is doing very well...it's currently sitting at #8 on urban airplay and will debut in the top10 on billboard rnb when the chart is revised, thus becoming her biggest song in YEARS:drool:

Shuji Shuriken
Sep 12th, 2012, 01:19 PM
Already pre-ordered my Deluxe copy. Getting 2 more Deluxe and 3 of the Standard as well. They'll make great gifts :hearts:.

BartoliBabes
Sep 12th, 2012, 02:13 PM
Already pre-ordered my Deluxe copy. Getting 2 more Deluxe and 3 of the Standard as well. They'll make great gifts :hearts:.

me too:wavey: but i will buy multiple copies from my local stores also:worship:

BartoliBabes
Sep 20th, 2012, 03:49 PM
2 new song snippets:bounce:

"Too Late"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NEum98C_h44

"Paint This House"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v1KwULLcy1s

amazing!!!!!!:sad: i wanna hear the chorus on both, i just know they're gonna kill:hearts:

Sir Stefwhit
Sep 20th, 2012, 05:29 PM
Even though I'm not a huge Brandy fan I buy all her albums- it's as others have already mentioned, she makes quality albums from the first song to the last. Sheis probably one of the most consist artist I can think of in that regard.

Shuji Shuriken
Sep 21st, 2012, 01:24 PM
’Two Eleven’ Tracklist

http://i48.tinypic.com/uq69u.png

1. Intro
2. Wildest Dreams
3. So Sick
4. Slower
5. No Such Thing As Too Late
6. Let Me Go
7. Without You
8. Put It Down (Ft. Chris Brown)
9. Hardly Breathing
10. Do You Know What You Have?
11. Scared of Beautiful
12. Wish Your Love Away
13. Paint This House
14. Outro

Deluxe Edition

15. Can You Hear Me Now?
16. Music
17. What You Need
18. Nodding Off

:bounce::bounce::bounce:

also, Put It Down is doing very well...it's currently sitting at #8 on urban airplay and will debut in the top10 on billboard rnb when the chart is revised, thus becoming her biggest song in YEARS:drool:

Honey child...I doubt with all my PUSS that tracklist is accurate. Epic owns the rights to Nodding Off and it was a bonus track on the Japanese release of Afrodisiac. I somehow don't see RCA buying out the rights to an 8 year old song just to put on a Deluxe Edition of 2/11. I'll wait for an actual release from RCA before I get too excited :lol:. Plus she has stated many times that there's a song called White Flag produced by Hitboy that she's very excited about, and I don't see that there. And I know she would fight for that song to be on the album...

Morrissey
Sep 21st, 2012, 06:02 PM
I think Brandy's problem is she's trying to appeal to a younger audience and NOT people around her own age or older. Why doesn't Brandy put out an adult contemporary album like Whitney Houston? Brandy can sing her best album was her second Never Say Never. Have You Ever was a number one hit a ballad she needs to go back to doing that instead of trying to appeal to twelve year olds.

Shuji Shuriken
Sep 24th, 2012, 07:46 PM
I think Brandy's problem is she's trying to appeal to a younger audience and NOT people around her own age or older. Why doesn't Brandy put out an adult contemporary album like Whitney Houston? Brandy can sing her best album was her second Never Say Never. Have You Ever was a number one hit a ballad she needs to go back to doing that instead of trying to appeal to twelve year olds.
Honey there is nothing wrong with diversifying her music. Did you listen to Human? That was an album filled with inspirational songs and she was sanging her ass off. Yet people still paid her dust. 2/11 isn't an album filled with uptempo club songs. There's going to be something there for EVERYONE. Maybe you should give Wildest Dreams a listen. That's her new single which was sent to the Adult Contemporary radio :).

Sir Stefwhit
Sep 24th, 2012, 11:15 PM

I know that it's by far her most commercially successful release, but it's my least favorite of all her albums. I always wished the artists I really liked made albums like Brandy. What's even more amazing about her consistency is that she works with lots of different people- so it's not just one producer bringing out her best.

Even though I wouldn't consider myself a fan of hers I do consider myself a fan of her music...:confused: okay I guess since I like and buy all her music I'm technically a fan after all...lol. The best way I can sum it up is she doesn't make my list of favorite singers but her albums would make my list of favorite albums. Almost the exact opposite of Monica.

Shuji Shuriken
Sep 27th, 2012, 05:04 PM
YES fucking LORDT. Put It Down is number 5 on the Billboard R&B Chart. Her first top 5 hit on the R&B Chart since 2002 http://i284.photobucket.com/albums/ll36/Dizzie2008/cry-o.gif

YASSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS BITCH http://i284.photobucket.com/albums/ll36/Dizzie2008/23ua251.gif