PDA

View Full Version : Where is Dominic?

Roookie
Sep 1st, 2012, 12:22 AM
Why was he banned and is it a temporary or perma banned?

Sam L
Sep 1st, 2012, 12:24 AM
What happened?

ElusiveChanteuse
Sep 1st, 2012, 01:24 AM
:eek:

JN
Sep 1st, 2012, 01:37 AM
Why was he banned and is it a temporary or perma banned?

Something tells me you'll find out firsthand, soon enough.

mykarma
Sep 1st, 2012, 02:09 AM
Something tells me you'll find out firsthand, soon enough.
You must spread reps around before...

Bye, bye, Dominic. :bigwave:

Melange
Sep 1st, 2012, 05:20 AM
Come back Dominic

Mistress of Evil
Sep 1st, 2012, 07:04 AM
Referred to a certain someone as a "gorilla" so hopefully we will never hear from him ever again. :)

Olórin
Sep 1st, 2012, 08:47 AM
He was banned (temporarily I expect) for being the racist and degenerative piece of filth he is.

Sweety Darling
Sep 1st, 2012, 10:41 AM
That thing is a disgrace, not only to Tennis Forum, but to society in general. Hope it's a perma ban so he can spread his hate elsewhere.

matthias
Sep 1st, 2012, 11:59 AM
his Dad died few weeks ago :sad: :hug:

Dominic - please come back when you feel the time is right :hug:

kwilliams
Sep 1st, 2012, 12:09 PM
That's terrible. Didn't his mother die not that long ago? I feel awful for him. Maybe he was lashing out to hurt other people. The internet's usually a good place to do that.

It's sad that he stooped to the lowest common denominator to do that though.

kwilliams
Sep 1st, 2012, 12:11 PM
That's terrible. Didn't his mother die not that long ago? I feel awful for him. Maybe he was lashing out to hurt other people. The internet's usually a good place to do that.

BuTtErFrEnA
Sep 1st, 2012, 12:11 PM
yea death isn't a reason someone is racist....he was like that from the 1st time I saw him post

Petkorazzi
Sep 1st, 2012, 12:12 PM
Please don't come back :bigwave:

kwilliams
Sep 1st, 2012, 12:13 PM
I never noticed any racist posts from him before. I suppose some posters are quite different in different areas of tennisforum. I think I only really noticed him in the pics of yourself thread and here and there in other non-tennis threads.

In what kind of threads was he racist?

Miss Atomic Bomb
Sep 1st, 2012, 12:20 PM
his Dad died few weeks ago :sad: :hug:

And yet he was in here trolling incessantly and spewing his racist hate immediately after that. The way some people operate is just baffling..

pierce85
Sep 1st, 2012, 12:31 PM
Hope you come back soon Dominic, take care!

JN
Sep 1st, 2012, 01:35 PM
I never noticed any racist posts from him before. I suppose some posters are quite different in different areas of tennisforum. I think I only really noticed him in the pics of yourself thread and here and there in other non-tennis threads.

In what kind of threads was he racist?

Anything Serena-related or anywhere Serena fans were congregated, excluding her player forum.

tennismaster8820
Sep 1st, 2012, 01:44 PM
I don't believe Dominic is racist. :lol:
He is just a bit hmm how should I say unfortunate and goes overboard often.

But he is nice otherwise.

JN
Sep 1st, 2012, 02:15 PM
Yeah, they're all nice until the masks come off. http://l.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/mesg/emoticons7/61.gif

Dav.
Sep 1st, 2012, 02:26 PM
Dominic isn't racist, he just gets too angry when arguing and says things he shouldn't. Poor guy has been through a lot in the last year and, although he shouldn't channel his anger through terrible comments like that one, I can understand why he needs to let things out sometimes.

Helen Lawson
Sep 1st, 2012, 02:29 PM
He posted a terrible statement that Serena had the body of a gorilla, but realized how bad it was a deleted it a few minutes later, but one of the Black racist jackals had done a screen shot and kept posting it over and over, demanding he he banned for racism, even though he had deleted it. Mods pussied out as usual and banned him. Place is a shit pit, folks, if this doesn't prove it, continue posting at your own peril! I'm out of here.

pierce85
Sep 1st, 2012, 02:33 PM
He posted a terrible statement that Serena had the body of a gorilla, but realized how bad it was a deleted it a few minutes later, but one of the Black racist jackals had done a screen shot and kept posting it over and over, demanding he he banned for racism, even though he had deleted it. Mods pussied out as usual and banned him. Place is a shit pit, folks, if this doesn't prove it, continue posting at your own peril! I'm out of here.

Very insightful post

delicatecutter
Sep 1st, 2012, 02:53 PM
Poor Dom is harmless. :tears:

JN
Sep 1st, 2012, 03:08 PM
When one leaves another takes its place.

Edit: Unless they're close to being banned, themselves, in which case they just do a drive-by before scurrying away like a scared rodent with their diseased body leaving a putrid trail of pus and bile in its wake. Oh God! http://l.yimg.com/a/lib/msg/img/aurora/emot/201105/puke.gif

pierce85
Sep 1st, 2012, 03:35 PM
When one leaves another takes its place.

Edit: Unless they're close to being banned, themselves, in which case they just do a drive-by before scurrying away like a scared rodent with their diseased body leaving a putrid trail of pus and bile in its wake. Oh God! http://l.yimg.com/a/lib/msg/img/aurora/emot/201105/puke.gif

WTF :help:

HRHoliviasmith
Sep 1st, 2012, 03:40 PM
Dominic isn't racist, he just gets too angry when arguing and says things he shouldn't. Poor guy has been through a lot in the last year and, although he shouldn't channel his anger through terrible comments like that one, I can understand why he needs to let things out sometimes.

this isn't his first time of saying something like that. regardless, there is no excuse for that kind of behavior. apologists really disappoint me.

Dav.
Sep 1st, 2012, 03:54 PM
this isn't his first time of saying something like that. regardless, there is no excuse for that kind of behavior. apologists really disappoint me.

I know, there isn't an excuse for it. I just have some empathy for him considering all he has been through with his family. I guess as an explanation rather than an excuse. He doesn't mean what he says, but needs to control his anger better.

Btw, I'm not defending that comment in the slightest; it was obviously a disgusting thing to say. I'm just defending Dominic's character. He's really not a bad guy...

Sammo
Sep 1st, 2012, 04:18 PM
You'd all act like that or even worse if both your parents died in a close period of time, he probably stays composed on real life while letting all the shit out here :shrug:

JN
Sep 1st, 2012, 04:19 PM
WTF :help:

My post was well understood by its intended target. Don't concern yourself.
____

I know, there isn't an excuse for it. I just have some empathy for him considering all he has been through with his family. I guess as an explanation rather than an excuse. He doesn't mean what he says, but needs to control his anger better.

Btw, I'm not defending that comment in the slightest; it was obviously a disgusting thing to say. I'm just defending Dominic's character. He's really not a bad guy...

Oh please. He was no different before he lost his parents. I even offered my condolences (http://www.tennisforum.com/showthread.php?p=21637223&highlight=#post21637223) which he appreciatively accepted (in text accompanying a good rep, of course :rolleyes:), and before I knew it, he was right back at it again. So, gimme a fuckin' break.

If it looks like a duck, swims like a duck, and quacks like a duck, it's a damn duck! Fuckin' racial apologists.

Dav.
Sep 1st, 2012, 04:35 PM
My post was well understood by its intended target. Don't concern yourself.
____

Oh please. He was no different before he lost his parents. I even offered my condolences (http://www.tennisforum.com/showthread.php?p=21637223&highlight=#post21637223) which he appreciatively accepted (in text accompanying a good rep, of course :rolleyes:), and before I knew it, he was right back at it again. So, gimme a fuckin' break.

If it looks like a duck, swims like a duck, and quacks like a duck, it's a damn duck! Fuckin' racial apologists.

Um, I'm probably the farthest thing from a racial apologist. I helped open one of the largest civil rights museums in the world. :hysteric:

I'm only talking about Dom as a person here...

Novichok
Sep 1st, 2012, 04:50 PM

LOL. GOODBYE. :wavey:

JN
Sep 1st, 2012, 04:52 PM
Um, I'm probably the farthest thing from a racial apologist. I helped open one of the largest civil rights museums in the world. :hysteric:

I'm only talking about Dom as a person here...

You're apologizing for a racist, that's not "far" if you ask me. :shrug: You haven't seen the bad reps he's left, or the posts that either he deleted or Admin was forced to. As long as you continue speaking on what you know nothing about, the apologist label is what you deserve.

Dav.
Sep 1st, 2012, 04:58 PM
You're apologizing for a racist, that's not "far" if you ask me. :shrug: You haven't seen the bad reps he's left, or the posts that either he deleted or Admin was forced to. As long as you continue speaking on what you know nothing about, the apologist label is what you deserve.

I already said his comments (which I actually am very familiar with) weren't acceptable, but that I feel for him and realize why he is acting out in that way. Never said they were warranted or worthy of apologies.

dybbuk
Sep 1st, 2012, 05:02 PM

So are we supposed to feel bad that someone who called a black person a gorilla was banned? I mean, he knew it was against the rules and deleted it right after, so it's not actually racist, right.

JN
Sep 1st, 2012, 05:18 PM
I already said his comments (which I actually am very familiar with) weren't acceptable, but that I feel for him and realize why he is acting out in that way. Never said they were warranted or worthy of apologies.

None of that addresses pre-Sep. 30, 2011, the day he said his mother died, so if you refuse to see his true colors, then more power to you. Just don't try to negate what others have seen with their own eyes, which is way more than you have, PM and bad rep inclusive.

Dav.
Sep 1st, 2012, 05:22 PM
None of that addresses pre-Sep. 30, 2011, the day he said his mother died, so if you refuse to see his true colors, then more power to you. Just don't try to negate what others have seen with their own eyes, which is way more than you have.

Again, I'm well aware. I'm not getting into his personal life on here, but feel free to PM me and we can discuss this further.

Freakan
Sep 1st, 2012, 05:33 PM
Serious question - is calling someone Black a gorilla/monkey etc. considered racist? In my country people sometimes call themselves like that but it's not in a racist manner as there are almost no Black people here, so I'm asking if it's interpreted as racist in more diverse societies?

JN
Sep 1st, 2012, 05:33 PM
You'd all act like that or even worse if both your parents died in a close period of time, he probably stays composed on real life while letting all the shit out here :shrug:

Even if that were indeed the catalyst, it remains that this place wasn't set up to be a stress relief outlet for closet bigots and cyber-racists... no one here is obligated to put up with that shit. He can take his ass over to stormfront.org if it's that serious. I'm sure they'll welcome him with open arms... until they find out he's gay. Or maybe that wouldn't matter, hell, how would I know. :shrug:

JN
Sep 1st, 2012, 05:44 PM
Again, I'm well aware. I'm not getting into his personal life on here, but feel free to PM me and we can discuss this further.

Not interested. I only brought up that date, which he put out in public (http://www.tennisforum.com/showthread.php?p=20302593#post20302593), for those of you who are using the deaths of his parents to explain away his actions. His online persona was the same before then as it is now. I'm done.

Dav.
Sep 1st, 2012, 05:45 PM
Not interested. I only brought up that date, which he put out in public (http://www.tennisforum.com/showthread.php?p=21637223), for those of you who are using the deaths of his parents to explain away his actions. His online persona was the same before then as it is now. I'm done.

Yeah, I know he said it. It just felt a bit morbid talking about it...and he might be lurking.

Nicolás89
Sep 1st, 2012, 05:50 PM
I can't at the lack of empathy in this thread. That being said I think everyone has to take responsibility for their actions no matter what their situation is.

Dav.
Sep 1st, 2012, 05:56 PM
I can't at the lack of empathy in this thread. That being said I think everyone has to take responsibility of their actions no matter what their situation is.

That's basically all I was trying to say. :lol:

Roookie
Sep 1st, 2012, 08:23 PM
Dominic wasnt a racist and lol @ Serena stans trying to play innocent when thay have said way worst things.

I didnt know Dominic lost a parent :hug: Hope he is alright and come backs soon.

swissmr
Sep 1st, 2012, 08:44 PM
Question: Did Dominic used to be called GoDokic or are they different posters?

Either way, what that poster said certainly deserved a ban.

JN
Sep 1st, 2012, 09:12 PM
Question: Did Dominic used to be called GoDokic or are they different posters?

Either way, what that poster said certainly deserved a ban.

Yup, he changed it the day before Dokic dropped out of the top 100. :lol:

mykarma
Sep 1st, 2012, 09:18 PM

Actually he hasn't changed. Same oh trolling nonsense.

mykarma
Sep 1st, 2012, 09:25 PM
I don't believe Dominic is racist. :lol:
He is just a bit hmm how should I say unfortunate and goes overboard often.

But he is nice otherwise.
Actions speak louder than words.

Nicolás89
Sep 1st, 2012, 09:26 PM
Actions speak louder than words.

And all you've seen are words. :lol:

mykarma
Sep 1st, 2012, 09:28 PM
So if someone makes racist comments when they're angry doesn't count because they're angry. :shrug:

Novichok
Sep 1st, 2012, 09:29 PM
I like Dominic. I was disappointed when he made that "gorilla" comment. We all have our flaws but I still believe he's a good person.

mykarma
Sep 1st, 2012, 09:31 PM
Very insightful post
Consider the source of the post you're responding to. He may not have been posting since his warning from mods but trust me, he hasn't gone anywhere. He'll just continue lurking as usual but telling you he's out of here.

delicatecutter
Sep 1st, 2012, 09:42 PM
Dominic told me he calls white people gorillas too and he didn't know it was a racist comment.

Sammo
Sep 1st, 2012, 09:43 PM
Even if that were indeed the catalyst, it remains that this place wasn't set up to be a stress relief outlet for closet bigots and cyber-racists... no one here is obligated to put up with that shit. He can take his ass over to stormfront.org if it's that serious. I'm sure they'll welcome him with open arms... until they find out he's gay. Or maybe that wouldn't matter, hell, how would I know. :shrug:

I just checked that place :hysteric:

Sammo
Sep 1st, 2012, 09:45 PM
Dominic told me he calls white people gorillas too and he didn't know it was a racist comment.

I don't know why calling someone a gorilla is racist, it's like calling Sarah Jessica Parker a horse, no one (mentally sane) would compare Kelly Rowland, Naomi Campbell, or Alicia Keys with a gorilla.

JN
Sep 1st, 2012, 09:48 PM

Michelle Bachmann told me the founding fathers ended slavery.

dybbuk
Sep 1st, 2012, 09:50 PM
I don't know why calling someone a gorilla is racist, it's like calling Sarah Jessica Parker a horse, no one (mentally sane) would compare Kelly Rowland, Naomi Campbell, or Alicia Keys with a gorilla.

Because in Western culture there has long, long been the idea that black people look like monkeys. Like they're closer to monkeys than white people are. There is not and never has been the idea that white people look like horses. They're two completely different situations. If someone said one particular black person had features that remind them of, idk, a duck you wouldn't see people up in arms about it. But for someone from CANADA to say they don't know black people have historically been portrayed as monkeys? No.

mykarma
Sep 1st, 2012, 09:54 PM
And all you've seen are words. :lol:
:lol::lol::lol: I need a nap.

JN
Sep 1st, 2012, 09:56 PM

Are you aware of the concept of 'historical context?' The minute you try to rationalize racist behavior you've already defeated the purpose.

SN: Racists aren't mentally sane.

mykarma
Sep 1st, 2012, 09:57 PM
Perhaps you should do some research. During the previous presidential primaries some teapartiers carried apes and monkeys depicting Obama and one guy in particular tried to hide it when he realized that he was on TV.

BuTtErFrEnA
Sep 1st, 2012, 10:53 PM
can't believe the apologists on this forum...but then again i'm not surprised by much here these days :lol:

Dav.
Sep 1st, 2012, 10:58 PM
Perhaps you should do some research. During the previous presidential primaries some teapartiers carried apes and monkeys depicting Obama and one guy in particular tried to hide it when he realized that he was on TV.

I remember that...disgusting. :tape:

PhilePhile
Sep 1st, 2012, 11:05 PM

For a lot of people, that's when they show their "true colors".

RVD
Sep 1st, 2012, 11:41 PM
Yeah, they're all nice until the masks come off. http://l.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/mesg/emoticons7/61.gif:worship: :worship: :worship: :worship:

What I find more disturbing is how MOST White people don't possess the wisdom or capacity to define a racist, or even acknowledge one when the evidence is overwhelming.
It's as if calling one out will serve to call themselves out.

Oh well, Demonic was definitely a "racist".

End of story...closes the book on his ignorant racist ass.

RVD
Sep 1st, 2012, 11:52 PM
I don't know why calling someone a gorilla is racist, it's like calling Sarah Jessica Parker a horse, no one (mentally sane) would compare Kelly Rowland, Naomi Campbell, or Alicia Keys with a gorilla.Then you are either ignorant of American History or simply don't care since you aren't the target of daily hate and stereotyping.
Educate yourself, THEN ask the question.

I swear to God (if I believed in God) that some people will forever remain willfully ignorant in this world.

Nicolás89
Sep 1st, 2012, 11:57 PM
can't believe the apologists on this forum...but then again i'm not surprised by much here these days :lol:

Name them. I bet you're wrongly judging the posts. I'd bet like my house.

mykarma
Sep 2nd, 2012, 12:28 AM
Name them. I bet you're wrongly judging the posts. I'd bet like my house.
So who decides whose right and wrong? :shrug:

Just look during Wimbledon(I think) where the Sharapova fan base went racist crazy because Serena beat her like a drum. So much so that the mod had to go in their to delete their sick post. At least one person got banned and you won't be bet your house. Well alrighty then.

swissmr
Sep 2nd, 2012, 12:35 AM

Just look during Wimbledon(I think) where the Sharapova fan base went racist crazy because Serena beat her like a drum. So much so that the mod had to go in their to delete their sick post. At least one person got banned and you won't be bet your house. Well alrighty then.

Woah, please don't generalize like that. I remember seeing one offensive post (which, obviously, is one too many), but to attribute it to the fanbase as a whole is a huge insult.

Nicolás89
Sep 2nd, 2012, 12:41 AM

Well you said earlier actions speak louder than words. You don't know how these people is in life.

mykarma
Sep 2nd, 2012, 12:43 AM
Woah, please don't generalize like that. I remember seeing one offensive post (which, obviously, is one too many), but to attribute it to the fanbase as a whole is a huge insult.
If you only saw one offensive post then sorry for you because a couple of Serena fans had many screen shots and posted them for all to see and If you weren't involved then my post wasn't about you.

mykarma
Sep 2nd, 2012, 12:46 AM
Well you said earlier actions speak louder than words. You don't know how these people is in life.
So you think that people that post sick racist post here aren't racist in person?

Nicolás89
Sep 2nd, 2012, 12:48 AM
So you think that people that post sick racist post here aren't racist in person?

No, I said that I wouldn't know & neither would you.

ico4498
Sep 2nd, 2012, 12:54 AM

so no matter how vile the post you're unconvinced?

mighty white of yah.

RVD
Sep 2nd, 2012, 12:59 AM
Woah, please don't generalize like that. I remember seeing one offensive post (which, obviously, is one too many), but to attribute it to the fanbase as a whole is a huge insult.This post is a prime example of what I'm talking about.
Some couldn't pick out a racist post if it bit them in the ass.

This poster only saw one; which was likely Demonic's. And that's only because a plethora of posters called him out on it.
Now THAT is truly sad.

Then you have these same posters defending the racist posts (and posters) , because they themselves can't decipher what is racist and what isn't.

Blind leading the blind.
Ignorance run-a muck.
And all they have to honestly do is open a book...IF they really wanted to know.

HRHoliviasmith
Sep 2nd, 2012, 01:01 AM
so no matter how vile the post you're unconvinced?

mighty white of yah.

well that's what apologists do. :shrug:

JN
Sep 2nd, 2012, 01:09 AM

What difference does it make? Online is where I come into contact with them, and online is where they're racist. :shrug:

swissmr
Sep 2nd, 2012, 01:10 AM
This post is a prime example of what I'm talking about.
Some couldn't pick out a racist post if it bit them in the ass.

This poster only saw one; which was likely Demonic's. And that's only because a plethora of posters called him out on it.
Now THAT is truly sad.

Then you have these same posters defending the racist posts (and posters) , because they themselves can't decipher what is racist and what isn't.

Blind leading the blind.
Ignorance run-a muck.
And all they have to honestly do is open a book...IF they really wanted to know.

I haven't defended any racist posts, or posters, and I never would. Not gonna lie, after Maria loses I avoid TF like the plague, which is the reason I wouldn't have seen the specific posts MyKarma was referring to. Some posters (and definitely some in this thread) might be 'blind' to racism, but I'm not.

mykarma
Sep 2nd, 2012, 01:11 AM
Then I wouldn't bet my house on it but please answer my question if you can? I'll repeat it, if someone post racist or homophobic post here, are you saying they aren't racist or homophobic in their life away from here?

Nicolás89
Sep 2nd, 2012, 01:42 AM
Then I wouldn't bet my house on it but please answer my question if you can? I'll repeat it, if someone post racist or homophobic post here, are you saying they aren't racist or homophobic in their life away from here?

I already answered that. I guess it is possible they are racists in their life just as it is also possible they aren't.