PDA

View Full Version : Mary Joe needs to prepare for interviews better

Marty-Dom
Aug 31st, 2012, 09:53 PM
She just told Serena that she has 13 major titles and how nice would it be to win her 3rd US Open.
Serena was cool and after making a surprised face, said I lost count.

DreamingTennis
Aug 31st, 2012, 09:54 PM
she was a lovely woman when she interviewed me...

Julian.
Aug 31st, 2012, 09:55 PM
she was a lovely woman when she interviewed me...

Who are you?

DreamingTennis
Aug 31st, 2012, 09:57 PM
Who are you?

Wont say who I am, but I'm a player in the top 150 ;)

Julian.
Aug 31st, 2012, 09:58 PM
Wont say who I am, but I'm a player close to the top 100 ;)

OMG? American? :lol:

LightWarrior
Aug 31st, 2012, 09:58 PM
How unprofessional is that ?

DreamingTennis
Aug 31st, 2012, 09:59 PM
OMG? American? :lol:

Yes, I decided to register to complain about something but it appears I cant make a thread

Pump-it-UP
Aug 31st, 2012, 10:00 PM
Wont say who I am, but I'm a player in the top 150 ;)

:sobbing::sobbing:

Julian.
Aug 31st, 2012, 10:02 PM
Yes, I decided to register to complain about something but it appears I cant make a thread

Julia Cohen? Melanie Oudin? Irina Falconi? Lauren Davis? Alexa Glatch?

Those are the only 5 americans between Top 100 and Top 150 right now :lol:

Judging that you are friends with Laura and Heather and the age, I'm guessing Lauren Davis? :lol:

kwilliams
Aug 31st, 2012, 10:04 PM
What did you want to complain about, DreamingTennis?

Roookie
Mel is that you? I won't tell :secret:

Julian.
and why the hell she is banned now? :haha:

hBence
She just told Serena that she has 13 major titles and how nice would it be to win her 3rd US Open.
Serena was cool and after making a surprised face, said I lost count.

She meant her doubles titles. She has 13 doubles GS titles and 2 of them are USO titles..
Next time you need to prepare for making a thread better..

Excelscior

What did you wanna complain about? You can say it here?

Are you really American, or the flag is just to throw folks off?

Pump-it-UP

Banned already. :haha:

I really wanted this to be Julia. :(:tears:

Roookie
Aug 31st, 2012, 10:06 PM
:hysteric:

kwilliams
Aug 31st, 2012, 10:09 PM
Why would an actual player be banned!? Surely that's such a positive sign of the website's success...

Stamp Paid
Aug 31st, 2012, 10:09 PM
Banned already. :haha:

I really wanted this to be Julia. :(:tears:LMFAOOOOOOOOO
I was hoping it was Laura Robson, wanting to come and kiki with the gerls after her awesome victories this week. :tears:

JamieOwen3
Aug 31st, 2012, 10:11 PM
nooooo don't ban a player :sobbing:

Julian.
Aug 31st, 2012, 10:12 PM
LMFAOOOOOOOOO
I was hoping it was Laura Robson, wanting to come and kiki with the gerls after her awesome victories this week. :tears:

She cant be Robson because she said she is friends with both Robson and Watson :lol:

http://www.tennisforum.com/showpost.php?p=22123336&postcount=65

perseus2006
Aug 31st, 2012, 10:13 PM
MJF would never make such a mistake. What is surprising is that she didn't qualify her statement with the word "doubles" to ensure clarity.

JamieOwen3
Aug 31st, 2012, 10:13 PM
oh well I guess it's bye bitch to the banned player :hysteric:

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m7ztmjqUvG1rtmheh.gif

Archer16
Aug 31st, 2012, 10:14 PM
Why are you all sure this user was telling the truth and it's not an impostor?

Marty-Dom
Aug 31st, 2012, 10:15 PM
She meant her doubles titles. She has 13 doubles GS titles and 2 of them are USO titles..
Next time you need to prepare for making a thread better..

I clearly heard "singles titles". It was on my laptop speakers and it wasn't very loud, so there is a possibility I missed a word or two, but then so did Serena, judging by her expression.

guichard
Lolllllll

Stamp Paid
She cant be Robson because she said she is friends with both Robson and Watson :lol:

http://www.tennisforum.com/showpost.php?p=22123336&postcount=65Oh I didnt see that post :lol:

Julian.

Well, we are not sure duh :lol:

Coconut91
Aug 31st, 2012, 10:16 PM
Impostor http://img26.imageshack.us/img26/5592/smileyc.gif

guichard
Aug 31st, 2012, 10:18 PM

http://www.tennisforum.com/showpost.php?p=22123336&postcount=65
The profile says DOB March 23/1989= julia cohen . of course it doesn't necessarily means anything

Julian.
Aug 31st, 2012, 10:18 PM
The profile says DOB March 23/1989= julia cohen . of course it doesn't necessarily means anything

Oh :lol:

cellophane
Aug 31st, 2012, 10:21 PM
"A player in the top 150". yeah right :lol:

zigga
Aug 31st, 2012, 10:28 PM

:haha:
Why did she get banned? I really wonder what she wanted to complain about :lol: If that really was her of course.

guichard
Aug 31st, 2012, 10:44 PM
how do you know when someone is banned ?

Nicolas
Aug 31st, 2012, 10:49 PM
Why would Mary-Joe interviewed Julia Cohen? she played in the parking lot....

*JR*
Sep 1st, 2012, 02:19 AM
how do you know when someone is banned ?

No http://imgsrv2.tennisuniverse.com/wtaworld/images/buttons/blue/reputation.gif to the lower left of a post. Anyhow, Jamie Hampton and Kimiko Date have posted here in the past, and I presume others have anonymously. Also some parents, like the father of Alexus Jones.

Regarding Mary Joe, I hope she doesn't mess up on the record of a present IMG client, especially one of her agent husband, Tony Godsick (like Masha). :help: Serena is no longer with them, though Venus still is (I think with Carlos Fleming).

duhcity
Sep 1st, 2012, 02:23 AM
Seems like she got it right, and without proof she said singles, we can't fault her.

ElusiveChanteuse
Sep 1st, 2012, 02:29 AM
http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m9li87q3kw1qzj6gyo1_500.png

Archer16
Sep 1st, 2012, 02:55 AM
No http://imgsrv2.tennisuniverse.com/wtaworld/images/buttons/blue/reputation.gif to the lower left of a post. Anyhow, Jamie Hampton and Kimiko Date have posted here in the past, and I presume others have anonymously. Also some parents, like the father of Alexus Jones.

Regarding Mary Joe, I hope she doesn't mess up on the record of a present IMG client, especially one of her agent husband, Tony Godsick (like Masha). :help: Serena is no longer with them, though Venus still is (I think with Carlos Fleming).
Some users have this approve/disapprove icon as http://imgsrv2.tennisuniverse.com/wtaworld/images2007/buttons/reputation.gif .
I know Hampton posted here in the past (even though she deleted most of her posts), but Date??? Proof please.

Marty-Dom
Sep 1st, 2012, 03:21 AM
ESPN3 put the match on the replay cue.
So, the way Mary Joe worded the question was very ambiguous.
She said: "Serena, what would it feel like to win another title, it would be your 14th and your 3rd US Open".
Serena: (looking surprised) "Fourteenth?"
Mary Joe: "Fourteenth major and it would be your third US Open"
Serena: "It would be great... I.... I.. lost count? (laughing)"
Mary Joe: "It's so many!.....I guess it's a good thing"
Serena: " No, it would be a really, really good thing. I would love that. We haven't played here in so many years. It would be really special."

I now see that Mary Joe meant doubles titles, but the way she directed the question to Serena alone, it implied she asked about Serena's titles, not the pair's titles. That's why Serena and viewers like me were thrown off. In the end Serena probably made the connection to doubles titles, and answered the last question correctly, but I, as a viewer did not see the meaning right away. Mary Joe should have inserted the word "doubles" in the question. Then it would be clear to everyone watching what she meant. The word "your" can mean personal and exclusive or shared. That's what caused the confusion in the first place.

darrinbaker00
Sep 1st, 2012, 03:31 AM

Roger Federer recently left IMG, and he took Tony Godsick with him.

Drake1980
Sep 1st, 2012, 03:36 AM

but this person also made comments in many threads about Julia Cohen. ;)

Vincey!
Sep 1st, 2012, 03:42 AM
I know right lol, it was probably a lunatic that wanted to be "cool" and be a player for a few minutes. OR it was Julia Cohen lol

I clearly heard "singles titles". It was on my laptop speakers and it wasn't very loud, so there is a possibility I missed a word or two, but then so did Serena, judging by her expression.

Serena always makes a face when you talked about her number of wins or title or random facts about her. You can't really say it was because someone made a mistake or not.

Vincey!
Sep 1st, 2012, 03:45 AM
:haha:
Why did she get banned? I really wonder what she wanted to complain about :lol: If that really was her of course.

She probably wanted to complain about the hate posted about her on this forum :shrug:

guichard
Sep 1st, 2012, 03:47 AM
but this person also made comments in many threads about Julia Cohen. ;)
So ? All of them(3 or 4) positive comments that she/an "imposter" will make about her/herself.

Vincey!
Sep 1st, 2012, 03:52 AM
So ? All of them(3 or 4) positive comments that she/an "imposter" will make about her/herself.

exactly, that poster never said something like "congrats Julia" but more like answering the topic lol like saying "It's a great achievement" or "work is the key" lol. On the other hand, I don't see how Julia could be friend with Robson and Watson :s

dybbuk
Sep 1st, 2012, 04:19 AM
Lol, that poster was obviously fake. In almost all of their 9 posts they somehow mentioned that they were ranked in the top 150 or were friends with WTA players. Aint no real WTA player going to be name dropping in every post like that.

JeMa
Sep 1st, 2012, 04:29 AM
Why would you think she was banned. She said she couldn't start threads. It's because she is too new. You can't start threads right away.

Dav.
Sep 1st, 2012, 06:09 AM
Mods automatically ban members that have multiple accounts...it was likely a sock puppet account for somebody else here.

The fact that so many people bought the story, though. :sobbing:

cowsonice
Sep 1st, 2012, 06:14 AM
Well back on topic, MJF is probably the best American commentator out there. I love her focus on the players' games, and most of the time, she provides insight and doesn't bother to stoop down to Pam Shriver/Chrissie Evert's nonsense

Excelscior
Sep 1st, 2012, 07:48 AM
Well back on topic, MJF is probably the best American commentator out there. I love her focus on the players' games, and most of the time, she provides insight and doesn't bother to stoop down to Pam Shriver/Chrissie Evert's nonsense

MJF or Tracy Austin (if I'm not missing anyone) sounds good for the Americans. Though in contrast to MJF's kool, no nonsense demeanor, Austin's urgent tone can be off putting to some.

HRHoliviasmith
Sep 1st, 2012, 08:25 AM
that was queenpova/karma police/whomever else! :sobbing: :hysteric:

*JR*
Sep 1st, 2012, 03:50 PM
I know Hampton posted here in the past (even though she deleted most of her posts), but Date??? Proof please.

As she had her membership erased (she probably used it just to "revive her name" B4 her comeback) I can't "prove it". She certainly was unpretentious though, which makes it seem genuine. (Unlike the supposed Nathalie Tauziat who was so inyaface, until I stumped her on something the real one would have known).

Roger Federer recently left IMG, and he took Tony Godsick with him.

Thanks Darrin, interesting about Tony. I think I erred about Masha anyhow, and seem to recall that Max Eisenbud was/is her IMG agent. Serena originally left the "tennis stuff" there, and only went to Wm Morris for her acting gigs, until they diversified into sports (initially just for her, I think).

dencod16
Sep 1st, 2012, 06:31 PM
She was referring to doubles.

Linguae^
Sep 1st, 2012, 06:52 PM
Julia Cohen? Melanie Oudin? Irina Falconi? Lauren Davis? Alexa Glatch?

Those are the only 5 americans between Top 100 and Top 150 right now :lol:

Judging that you are friends with Laura and Heather and the age, I'm guessing Lauren Davis? :lol:Or maybe just a troll? :oh: