PDA

View Full Version : USO R3 Kvitova def. Parmentier 6-4 6-4

Raiden
Aug 31st, 2012, 07:00 PM
What? No thread? Then I might as well d...

PS: mission stage № 1 accomplished. Her USO run can no longer become the predicted catastrophic doom and failure (as anything beyond now will be her best ever result

http://thechive.files.wordpress.com/2011/06/1308086721797.gif?w=491&h=530

RobsonOS
Aug 31st, 2012, 07:00 PM
http://i45.tinypic.com/flf0ug.jpg
http://i49.tinypic.com/25uip89.jpg

Israel
Aug 31st, 2012, 07:01 PM
Well Parmentier played a nice match but Petra wasn't really trying to do anything too special on court except winning.

saul1333
Aug 31st, 2012, 07:02 PM
Good stuff :yeah:

Feyd
Aug 31st, 2012, 07:02 PM
The serve was good, the rest was nothing special.

mac47
Aug 31st, 2012, 07:03 PM
Petra discovered in the first four games that Parmentier cannot return her serve. So from there on out, she just broke once per set, and then just messed around on return games, sure that she would hold.

Sure enough, did not face a BP. Nearly 70% winning percentage on 2nd serve.

Pova would toast her if she played like that, though.

Joe.
Aug 31st, 2012, 07:03 PM
Kvitova only 14 winners in 2 sets?! :eek:

ArcticMoose
Aug 31st, 2012, 07:07 PM
Got the Job done - but lazily with that I can't be bothered to be playing this girl routine :)

n1_and_uh_noone
Aug 31st, 2012, 07:07 PM
Shocking stats from Kvitty :eek:. Playing within herself finally a la Federer or Sampras because they could? Of course, this is only Parmentier.

Patrick345
Aug 31st, 2012, 07:09 PM
What? No thread? Then I might as well d...

We are used to Kvitova having cakewalks to the quarter- and semifinal of the Slams and using them. ;) No reason to bother with her until she meets a real threat. Even Bartoli is a pushover these days. :lol:

Mistress of Evil
Cakewalk-p Jr. manhandling French scrubs like a boss. :bounce:

bbjpa
Boring match, but a win is a win, :bounce:

Another french woman next :crazy:

Patrick345
Aug 31st, 2012, 07:10 PM

F****** Czech pusher. :p

GoofyDuck
Aug 31st, 2012, 07:10 PM
Got more points from NA swing than she could dream off, not gonna beat Sharapova playing like this though.

Tenis Srbija
Aug 31st, 2012, 07:12 PM
What a heck happened out there? :spit: Kvitty hitting 14 winners in 20 games? :lol:

Rest Maria!
Aug 31st, 2012, 07:12 PM
Nid

Excelscior
Aug 31st, 2012, 07:21 PM
Well Parmentier played a nice match but Petra wasn't really trying to do anything too special on court except winning.

Bingo!!

It was like a ho hum stroll in the park.

Petra could of won that match 6-1 or 6-2, but appeared to be conserving energy, by going for it on numerous BP 2nd serve-ROS opportunities (cause she was holding her own serve so well), and missed.

I'm not even sure if Petra actually took a deep breath or broke a sweat during the match, though it was 90+ degrees on the court. :lol:

Bartoli should get the juices flowing a bit more I would think, as The French Connection continues.

Good Luck Petra!

ArcticMoose
Aug 31st, 2012, 07:22 PM
What a heck happened out there? :spit: Kvitty hitting 14 winners in 20 games? :lol:
:lol: To understand how Petra's demeanor was throughout the match, see highlights - it was like who is this scrub in front of me? & I am going to expend the least amount of energy in beating her & walked from side to side like a boss casually as if she was window shopping rather than a R3 GS match...

Beat
Aug 31st, 2012, 07:26 PM
just one more winner for kvitty? WTF? :spit: on the plus side, not a single break chance against her.

:lol: To understand how Petra's demeanor was throughout the match, see highlights - it was like who is this scrub in front of me? & I am going to expend the least amount of energy in beating her & walked from side to side like a boss casually as if she was window shopping rather than a R3 GS match...

:haha:

John.
Aug 31st, 2012, 07:35 PM
Petra :yeah:. Should make the QF's

danieln1
Aug 31st, 2012, 07:50 PM
Third straight Frenchwoman.

Make it 3-0, but Marion is very dangerous, she beat her in Eastbourne last year :unsure:

Sombrerero loco
Aug 31st, 2012, 08:30 PM
pauline :hug: few few first serves in =(

Richie's
Aug 31st, 2012, 09:00 PM
Typical "non important" match win for Petra!

Excelscior
Aug 31st, 2012, 09:07 PM
so kvitova has cakewalks and barely beats mugs and nobody complains :spit:

Obviously, you didn't see the match, read the thread, or just out to say something silly. :eek: :lol: :eek:

Material World
Aug 31st, 2012, 09:45 PM
Glad that after so many people are shitty about Pauline she acquitted herself well here. Pauline :hug:

Petronius
Aug 31st, 2012, 09:52 PM
F****** Czech pusher. :p

Dear moderators, can you please rid us of this garbage, thanks :)

Petronius
Aug 31st, 2012, 09:54 PM
anything beyond now will be her best ever result

She already reached the 4th round in 2009, where she lost to Wickmayer.

Mynarco
Aug 31st, 2012, 09:58 PM

That was a joke.

Petronius
Aug 31st, 2012, 09:59 PM
Bingo!!

It was like a ho hum stroll in the park.

Petra could of won that match 6-1 or 6-2, but appeared to be conserving energy, by going for it on numerous BP 2nd serve-ROS opportunities (cause she was holding her own serve so well), and missed.

She even didn't celebrate, no smile. Just a routine match where she needed just one break in each set.

18majors
Aug 31st, 2012, 10:01 PM
She even didn't celebrate, no smile. Just a routine match where she needed just one break in each set.

Things will be different when Petra and Maria crush next Tuesday.

Excelscior
Aug 31st, 2012, 10:08 PM
Things will be different when Petra and Maria crush next Tuesday.

Ahem.

I think a certain Ms. Bartoli would beg to differ. :lol: :rolleyes: :lol:

iPatty
Aug 31st, 2012, 10:27 PM

:facepalm: He was clearly joking. Petra's fans stay not knowing how to post on this board.

Really gave absolutely no effort today. Glad to see her conserving energy but hopefully she can turn it on when she needs to. I don't want another slam loss to Sharapova.

Excelscior
Aug 31st, 2012, 10:30 PM

It was a joke Petronius (though he used to be one of the biggest pushers of the "Petra can't play on outdoor hard courts or NA outdoor hard court" memes) :lol:

That could be part of the humor though.

No harm no foul, no biggie.

Onward.

ExXotikal
Aug 31st, 2012, 10:32 PM
Yasss Petra!

Qrystyna
Aug 31st, 2012, 10:35 PM
Petra just went out there and got the job done, no more no less. As for Parmentier - she has a surprisingly good first serve (when she gets it in - only 45% of the time in this match), but everything else is ITF level. :o

cogent53
Aug 31st, 2012, 10:56 PM
I'm a big fan of Petra, but this was not a match to remember. Petra has played a lot of matches lately and seemed to be putting in just enough effort to get through and not that much more. She should have got the double break in the second set, and was trying for it, but Pauline put up a good fight to hold, however, she couldn't get near Petra's serve and the result was pretty much a foregone conclusion. As least Petra didn't self destruct and give away her serve after failing to break.
She thrashed Bartoli badly a few weeks back. Will it be closer? The QF with Sharapova is looking likely, but Petra will have to pick up her game to get any further. She's played well enough in the last few weeks while Maria hasn't ben tested. Still, if they both get through the 4th round it will be a match to look forward to.

Barktra
Aug 31st, 2012, 11:03 PM
From what I am reading she needs to pick it up :o

I think Petra and Marion might get the night session on Ashe on Sunday

C. Drone
Aug 31st, 2012, 11:13 PM

like in Rome she won a set with 5 winners while Cirstea had 10. :spit:

Excelscior
Aug 31st, 2012, 11:16 PM
I'm a big fan of Petra, but this was not a match to remember. Petra has played a lot of matches lately and seemed to be putting in just enough effort to get through and not that much more. She should have got the double break in the second set, and was trying for it, but Pauline put up a good fight to hold, however, she couldn't get near Petra's serve and the result was pretty much a foregone conclusion. As least Petra didn't self destruct and give away her serve after failing to break.
She thrashed Bartoli badly a few weeks back. Will it be closer? The QF with Sharapova is looking likely, but Petra will have to pick up her game to get any further. She's played well enough in the last few weeks while Maria hasn't ben tested. Still, if they both get through the 4th round it will be a match to look forward to.

Agree with everything you wrote.

Bartoli should be a good test and preparation for Petra (if she were to advance).

Cause we all know, whether she plays well or not, Marion's going to try to serve hard, hit hard and be tough as nails; which is exactly what Sharapova and Petrova do (albeit Sharapova usually with a bit more consistency and intensity than Nadia).

And Marion's going to want to bring it to Petra, from that last demolition match as well.

So if Petra wins (knock on wood); it would be a good warm up after the caravan of weak hearted or weak gamed scrubs.

But she's got to beat the French Woman first.

Onward!

missvarsha
Aug 31st, 2012, 11:44 PM
Now that St. Kimberle is retired, is it possible that Ludmilla will (somewhat randomly and hilariously) become the new US Hardcourt Queen ?

StoneRose
Aug 31st, 2012, 11:49 PM
Now that St. Kimberle is retired, is it possible that Ludmilla will (somewhat randomly and hilariously) become the new US Hardcourt Queen ?No,will probably be Serena, then Vika.

missvarsha
Sep 1st, 2012, 12:12 AM
I know that I was just kidding :)
Probably Sharapova would be ahead of her as well.

I still find it hilarious in a matter of weeks she has gone from someone who was supposedly crippled by breathing problems at the very thought of traveling outside Europe to being the US Open series Champion. Its probably because she got confused by everyone speaking French in Montreal and forgot to tank her match, and once she won the title she had to admit that her breathing problems were all made up...I mean cured.

égalité
Sep 1st, 2012, 01:00 AM
Pushra :inlove:

ElusiveChanteuse
Sep 1st, 2012, 01:12 AM
Petra :cheer:

steni
Sep 1st, 2012, 01:38 AM
I know that I was just kidding :)
Probably Sharapova would be ahead of her as well.

I still find it hilarious in a matter of weeks she has gone from someone who was supposedly crippled by breathing problems at the very thought of traveling outside Europe to being the US Open series Champion. Its probably because she got confused by everyone speaking French in Montreal and forgot to tank her match, and once she won the title she had to admit that her breathing problems were all made up...I mean cured.

you are an asshole, you dont know shit about Petra health problems, so stop with your bullshit!

DevilishAttitude
Sep 1st, 2012, 02:13 PM
Kvitova looks completely spent and the most concerning thing is that she is not hitting through these courts. We will get a better idea of where she is however against Bartoli, who she shouldn't have any problems with.

flareon
Sep 1st, 2012, 02:15 PM
Petra :D
sounds pretty routine.

Excelscior
Sep 1st, 2012, 03:02 PM
Kvitova looks completely spent and the most concerning thing is that she is not hitting through these courts. We will get a better idea of where she is however against Bartoli, who she shouldn't have any problems with.

Not sure where you got that from. Like Flare On said behind you it looked "pretty routine".

Don't confuse conservation/common sense with being "spent". I didn't see her take a deep breath, or barely sweat the entire match.

Why would she, after all the tennis she played, knowing that she may have some tougher matches coming up. That's smart.

Parmentier was French Toast all along. Like you said, let's see what's up when she plays the indefatigable Marion. :lol: