PDA

View Full Version : Kerber is a favourite to win US Open 2012

NashaMasha
Aug 31st, 2012, 05:24 AM
her defense is insane

And now she becomes much stronger mentally

DeliriousPotato
Aug 31st, 2012, 05:33 AM
OMG why does every time someone beats a Williams sister that girl is suddenly the favourite? :oh: Did she win Cincy after she beat Serena?
I was actually surprised I didn't see a "Razzano is going to win Roland Garros 2012" thread :oh:

But yeah, she is probably going to reach the semis, so maybe next time she will actually be one of the favourites

Si_Hi
Aug 31st, 2012, 05:34 AM
No, sharapova is still the biggest favour:rolleyes:
nice try at jinxing tho

PhilePhile
Aug 31st, 2012, 05:36 AM
No.

Litotes
Aug 31st, 2012, 05:39 AM
I wouldn't say this strengthens her chances. She'd need to win more convincingly. It's not like VW is close to her 2000-2001 self.

NashaMasha
Aug 31st, 2012, 05:41 AM
Kerber beat Serena in Cincinatti, now she has shown that big penetrating shots and even 120 mph serves are not a threat for her defense .....

Radwanska can't collect her shit together and won't be a threat for Kerber either ..... Who will beat her? Serena? probably yes, but among all players at USO she is probably the only one who can challenge her

mistymore
Aug 31st, 2012, 05:42 AM
Yeah maybe if Serena, Na, Sharapova, Kvitova, Azarenka, Stosur, and atleast 3 others all suddenly contract a horrible illness and die on the spot. If she plays like she did today in her upcoming matches she probably will go out to Errani or Radwanska and not even capatilize on her piss easy draw to the semis.

mistymore
Aug 31st, 2012, 05:43 AM

Are you rolling your eyes at your own stupidity. Since if you think Sharapova is the title favorite as long as Serena is in the draw you might as well be.

dragonflies
Aug 31st, 2012, 05:44 AM
erh, "premature" prediction. I have you don't have this similar problem in real life.

It's just R2, for god's sake. Chill down.

n1_and_uh_noone
Aug 31st, 2012, 05:46 AM
Wasn't the OP shitting on Kerber in the livescores :spit:?

Apparently, nobody is unlikely enough a candidate for a desperate jinx effort these days.

ptkten
Aug 31st, 2012, 05:47 AM
Well I guess she is "a favorite", not the favorite so it's not exactly wrong. I think she can definitely get to the semis again.

JustPetko
Aug 31st, 2012, 05:49 AM
OMG why does every time someone beats a Williams sister that girl is suddenly the favourite? :oh: Did she win Cincy after she beat Serena?
I was actually surprised I didn't see a "Razzano is going to win Roland Garros 2012" thread :oh:

But yeah, she is probably going to reach the semis, so maybe next time she will actually be one of the favourites

There was only "How far will go Razzano now?" :oh:

Buitenzorg
Aug 31st, 2012, 05:52 AM

mmmhhh....NO NO NO!!!!! :p

Serena is still the BIGGEST favorite to win the title, even all the bookies around the world put her on TOP!

Like here in Australia:

Betting odds (to win the title)

Serena 1.80
Azarenka 7.00
Sharapova 8.00
Kvitova 9.00
Li 10.00
Kerber 13.00
Stosur 16.00
A.Radwanska 34.00
Ivanovic 101.00
Kirilenko 101.00
Bartoli 151.00
Cibulkova 151.00
Errani 151.00
Jankovic 151.00
Robson 151.00
Stephens 151.00

NashaMasha
Aug 31st, 2012, 05:53 AM
Wasn't the OP shitting on Kerber in the livescores :spit:?

Apparently, nobody is unlikely enough a candidate for a desperate jinx effort these days.

I don't like Kerber and not happy that such unattractive tennis can take players in semis or finals.. But still who has better chances to beat Serena? Kerber or Azarenka? Kerber or Sharapova, Kerber or Kvitova? Kerber has what nobody has vs Williamses, she is confident that she is capable of winning these matches

Vikapower
Aug 31st, 2012, 05:56 AM
Radwanska can't collect her shit together and won't be a threat for Kerber either

Radwanska (P.S. Errani too) has the best game to beat Kerber in the draw. Kerber when she plays Radwanska can't out-rally her and she steps on the base-line trying to produce sub-par aggressive base-line tennis which results into lots of unforced errors. That's how their match at Wimbledon went and you could also see tonight, Kerber is just not good at all when she has to play-make and go for her shots on a regular basis when Venus actually gave her time to do so.

Serena isn't a threat for Kerber in this tournament -- she's a Venus in disguise and will error herself out of this tournament. Kerber is a lock for the F if she doesn't reproduce that choke in the second set against Venus.

mistymore
Aug 31st, 2012, 05:59 AM
I don't like Kerber and not happy that such unattractive tennis can take players in semis or finals.. But still who has better chances to beat Serena? Kerber or Azarenka? Kerber or Sharapova, Kerber or Kvitova? Kerber has what nobody has vs Williamses, she is confident that she is capable of winning these matches

I actually agree. Kerber and Na are the players left with the best chance to beat Serena, but Na will never survive her draw to reach Serena so she doesnt matter here. Who else would it be. Sure as heck wont be Sharapova or Azarenka, Serena has already urinated all over them and their pysches when facing her, especialy Maria. Doubt it will be Kvitova who also has a fairly bad history to date. Wouldnt be Stosur either who would find Serena hell bent on revenge after last year, and like Na has no chance of suriving that draw all the way to the final anyway.

Si_Hi
Are you rolling your eyes at your own stupidity. Since if you think Sharapova is the title favorite as long as Serena is in the draw you might as well be.

mmmhhh....NO NO NO!!!!! :p

Serena is still the BIGGEST favorite to win the title, even all the bookies around the world put her on TOP!

:facepalm: People, I said that only because maria is NashaMasha's favourite player.
Who cares who's the biggest favour to win the title after two rounds; it means much more to actually win it next sunday, not just the favourite

NashaMasha
Vikapower

Radwanska is just a shadow of her form at Wimbledon..... she might not reach Kerber at all here

Vikapower
Aug 31st, 2012, 06:13 AM
^^ I forgot Errani actually -- they'll probably face in the 4th round but it's the same reasoning as with Radwanska.

Shivank17
Aug 31st, 2012, 06:25 AM

This. :lol:

Shivank17
Aug 31st, 2012, 06:26 AM
:facepalm: People, I said that only because maria is NashaMasha's favourite player.
Who cares who's the biggest favour to win the title after two rounds; it means much more to actually win it next sunday, not just the favourite

Saturday you mean. :p

Boxuan
Aug 31st, 2012, 06:36 AM
Another jinx thread, je pense? :confused:

producer88
Aug 31st, 2012, 07:12 AM
Kerber beat Serena again LMAOOOO...no just no

Johnbert
Aug 31st, 2012, 07:17 AM
a favourite, yes, but not "the favourite". every top8 player can win this uso imo...

bandabou
Aug 31st, 2012, 09:23 AM
Her defense is amazing for sure..but she gambles. Lots of times she stays in the same corner, so I think people should test her a bit more by hitting in the open space..let's see how good she is then.

bandabou
Aug 31st, 2012, 09:24 AM
Serena isn't a threat for Kerber in this tournament -- she's a Venus in disguise and will error herself out of this tournament. Kerber is a lock for the F if she doesn't reproduce that choke in the second set against Venus.

She is, huh?! Only question is then: against WHOM?! Will it be against the uber-talented world no.1 Vika Azarenka?! :lol:

Expat
Aug 31st, 2012, 09:27 AM
ya,because she beat HasBeenus :lol: :lol: :lol:

Nevertheless
Aug 31st, 2012, 09:27 AM
I think Kerber will be the one taking out an apparently uninterested and shaky Serena in the semis.

I predict a Kerber-Sharapova final.