PDA

View Full Version : USO R2: [4] S. Williams slithers past Martinez Sanchez 6-2 6-4

Smitten
Aug 30th, 2012, 10:28 PM
Boring.

Roookie
Aug 30th, 2012, 10:29 PM
HORRIBLE match :o MJMS's junk is unwatchable and Serena footwork :tape: and crybaby attitude :rolleyes:

shoryuken
Aug 30th, 2012, 10:29 PM
Keep going Rena!

~Cherry*Blossom~
Aug 30th, 2012, 10:30 PM
Congrats Serena :yeah: Decent win! Good luck in the next round :hug:

Cosmic Voices
Aug 30th, 2012, 10:30 PM
Match as ugly as her dress

ExXotikal
Aug 30th, 2012, 10:31 PM
Girl, I ain't watching the matches all the way through, the Quuen must be bored to dispose peasants without even breaking a sweatT.

2Black
Martinez Sanchez always gives Serena problems... In fact, all junk-playing lefties give her fits

flareon
Sarin :D
MJMS :hug:

edificio
Messy, aggravating, and thank the gods it is over.

LCS
Mess

Siyasema
Serena finished it. Her dress reminds me of sherbert.

Mixal
Aug 30th, 2012, 10:32 PM
Bad from Serena, not really good from MJMS either.

Lucemferre
Aug 30th, 2012, 10:32 PM
One of the worst matches of the tournament :help:

NashaMasha
Aug 30th, 2012, 10:33 PM
Serena is not in even close to the Olympic type of Serena. She still has cake draw and can even win USO, but it will be more a Wimbledon-type win with ups and downs and some luck

VishaalMaria
Aug 30th, 2012, 10:33 PM
Urgh...just urgh...Thankful for the win. Let's just move on shall we.

Lulu.
Aug 30th, 2012, 10:34 PM
Serena. :tape:
Good luck in the next round.

Destiny
Aug 30th, 2012, 10:35 PM
Messssssy

Blu€
:haha: what a mess from both. Serena making gestures every time she won or lost a point in the 2n set :rolls: MJMS with around 35% 1st serves in the first set :tape:
MJMS blowing BPs to go up 3-0 in the 2nd and then she hits 3 DFs almost in a row :tape: . Anyway an improvement since last time I saw her play, that said Serena was lucky today to play MJMS, someone more consistent and with a 1st serve would have given her a good scare.

volta
Ch...

Better not serve me any of this on the next round :o

Vikapower
Aug 30th, 2012, 10:36 PM
Serena's attitude in this match tells me that she's going to hit one of these big tantrums in one of her next matches -- this is going to be epic and I hope this will be her first and final when she gets a lifetime ban for it.

As for her game self, it's the same old, her hard-court game is patchy and Tier V-level. Serena played better against Razzano in RG especially in the first set than she did in this match but she's really lucky there isn't any serious player to challenge her in this section of the draw.

kusiak
Aug 30th, 2012, 10:36 PM
Serena has got such an amazing personality, the I listen her during interviews the more i like her, i'm becoming a fan, what about match? typical Serena...ups and downs in early rounds, she will raise her level against Makarova, all the best Rena:hearts:

Nicolas
Aug 30th, 2012, 10:37 PM
Serena's attitude in this match tells me that she's going to hit one of these big tantrums in one of her next matches -- this is going to be epic and I hope this will be her first and final when she gets a lifetime ban for it.

:hysteric:

RenaSlam.
Aug 30th, 2012, 10:38 PM
:sad: WTF was that, Sarin?

MJMS is not an easy match-up for her, so I'm just glad she's through in straights.

Dodoboy.
Aug 30th, 2012, 10:38 PM
Painful at times REALLY painful! Got it together in the end. Tricky, awkward opponent, and another next. As long as she wins and gets through this draw, couldn't care less how she is playing.

Serve was AWFUL, I mean AWFUL at times! So many DFs, I couldn't believe it!

Shinjii
Aug 30th, 2012, 10:39 PM
This was the same old Serena that we've seen for years, winning ugly when needed. Y'all can stop getting your panties in a bunch over this... It speaks to the amateurish quality of posters on this forum.

Tennis Fool
Aug 30th, 2012, 10:41 PM
lefties give her fits
Makarova next :D :devil:

cowsonice
Aug 30th, 2012, 10:44 PM
No footwork and unwillingness to hit with more power made Serena look really basic today. Just weird.

kwilliams
Aug 30th, 2012, 10:44 PM
A win's a win. Keep going, Serena. Onward and upward!

Good luck in the next round!

Serenita
Aug 30th, 2012, 10:45 PM
NiD

flareon
Aug 30th, 2012, 10:46 PM

As for her game self, it's the same old, her hard-court game is patchy and Tier V-level. Serena plays better on super-slow (clay) or super-fast surfaces than she does on the ones in between medium/medium-slow. Her game, movement, footwork etc. etc. are just too weak and impotent.

Serena played better against Razzano in RG especially in the first set than she did in this match but she's really lucky there isn't any serious player to challenge her in this section of the draw.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v209/lena4prez/gifs/6a00d83451b8c369e201348750182d970c-pi.gif

I can't at you :spit: I like you usually but that comment there, you want one of the greats to get a lifetime ban so she cannot beat up your favs anymore :sobbing:

John.
Aug 30th, 2012, 10:49 PM
MJMS is so annoying. Good riddance

Pick it up next round Serena!!

ivanban
Aug 30th, 2012, 10:49 PM
Ree, get it together!!!! :mad:

OTOH, good riddance, NEXT!

Gdsimmons
Aug 30th, 2012, 10:50 PM

As for her game self, it's the same old, her hard-court game is patchy and Tier V-level. Serena plays better on super-slow (clay) or super-fast surfaces than she does on the ones in between medium/medium-slow. Her game, movement, footwork etc. etc. are just too weak and impotent.

Serena played better against Razzano in RG especially in the first set than she did in this match but she's really lucky there isn't any serious player to challenge her in this section of the draw.

:lol::lol:

Priceless. Just stop it. Go ahead and have several seats. Just pick one
http://i.imgur.com/IqhYV.png

Serena had a rough match but she still won in 2 sets. Always gotta have a clunker in there somewhere. You know she's not bringing that on Saturday.

The Dawntreader
Aug 30th, 2012, 10:51 PM
Hot mess. But at least she isn't going home, or is MJMS.

bushido brown
Aug 30th, 2012, 10:57 PM
good job on the win. not every match does one get to play clinical tennis sometimes you crawl through a pipe of crap till you get there #shawshank redemption

Break My Rapture
Aug 30th, 2012, 10:59 PM
That was terrible from both.

Rena P
Aug 30th, 2012, 11:09 PM

As for her game self, it's the same old, her hard-court game is patchy and Tier V-level. Serena played better against Razzano in RG especially in the first set than she did in this match but she's really lucky there isn't any serious player to challenge her in this section of the draw.

Do yourself a favour and jump!:(

Vikapower
Aug 30th, 2012, 11:12 PM
I can't at you :spit: I like you usually but that comment there, you want one of the greats to get a lifetime ban so she cannot beat up your favs anymore :sobbing:

No I didn't imply that -- :lol: it would just be a natural consequence of all the tantrums she has thrown in this tournament over the years and not getting a more severe punishment than just fines.

This match corroborates the fact that she's extremely edgy and tense here like every year -- last year she faked that she was calm and "composed" until the F, this isn't even her second round match yet that she's already whining and crying --

Plus don't forget all the religious stuff she posted in the press pre-event bringing the past of how many years back on the scene --

Lastly, the sign that Roddick, her BFF is retiring at the end of the US Open is probably an announcing sign for her career too -- she forced herself to precise on the on-court ITW 'I'm not retiring just yet by the way' like an anticipation of what might happen in this US Open, mmmm, intriguing for the least, very intriguing.

Andy.
Aug 30th, 2012, 11:18 PM
Serena and her crybaby face makes me :lol: such a perfectionist.

flareon
Aug 30th, 2012, 11:23 PM
No I didn't imply that -- :lol: it would just be a natural consequence of all the tantrums she has thrown in this tournament over the years and not getting a more severe punishment than just fines.

This match corroborates the fact that she's extremely edgy and tense here like every year -- last year she faked that she was calm and "composed" until the F, this isn't even her second round match yet that she's already whining and crying --

Plus don't forget all the religious stuff she posted in the press pre-event bringing the past of how many years back on the scene --

Lastly, the sign that Roddick, her BFF is retiring at the end of the US Open is probably an announcing sign for her career too -- she forced herself to precise on the on-court ITW 'I'm not retiring just yet by the way' like an anticipation of what might happen in this US Open, mmmm, intriguing for the least, very intriguing.

Shes too good for the game to get a lifetime ban... I would not wish it on anyone...
She will not retire yet because she knows she can win big stuff with her eyes closed.

casholic
Aug 30th, 2012, 11:24 PM

Yes because the only way to stop Serena from absolutely embarrassing and destroying your favorite players is a lifetime ban from tennis. It's great that you actually acknowledge that. Baby steps.

Stonerpova
Aug 30th, 2012, 11:26 PM
I have never been so happy to have to go to art history :lol:

What a disaster. Serena pick it up please.

Sylvester
Aug 30th, 2012, 11:27 PM
Not a good match for Serena, but it was clear that she was struggling with the wind.

I don't think she's in worse form than in Wimbledon/Olympics, she was just annoyed with the wind.

JN
Aug 30th, 2012, 11:35 PM
Serena finished it. Her dress reminds me of sherbert.

I'll have a bite. :lick:

C. Drone
Aug 30th, 2012, 11:35 PM
ugh, improve please. :o

mykarma
Aug 30th, 2012, 11:40 PM
Yes because the only way to stop Serena from absolutely embarrassing and destroying your favorite players is a lifetime ban from tennis. It's great that you actually acknowledge that. Baby steps.
Please don't feed the trolls.

VishaalMaria
Aug 30th, 2012, 11:43 PM
Do yourself a favour and jump!:(

You should be careful with what you say to people. Posters can be vulnerable. Just saying.

Ntosake
Aug 30th, 2012, 11:44 PM
Missed the match, but was it that bad, dang.:crying2:

Congratz just the same, Serena! Get it together!

KournikovaFan91
Aug 31st, 2012, 12:21 AM
Not great from Serena. But got the job done.

I know MJMS is criticized but sometimes I find it interesting to see someone play the way she does rather than watch ballbashers day in day out. I like a bit of variety.

RVD
Aug 31st, 2012, 12:35 AM
Firstly, what up with the F'ed up thread title?
"slithers?!"
WTF?! :fiery:

Secondly, can a Serena fan please create these threads because when some posters try to be funny and use F'ing animal descriptions, they look like goddamn fools!! And the crap just sounds derogatory.

As to the match:

I left after the first boring set due to an appointment, and glad that I did.

A win is a win though.

*Seriously dumb ass thread title*
And I don't give a flying F if the OP meant to be funny or not!

LindsayRulz
Aug 31st, 2012, 12:39 AM
That crybaby face needs to go! I want OlympicRena out there starting next round! :cheer:

donellcarey
Aug 31st, 2012, 01:06 AM
A win is a win.

DOUBLEFIST
Aug 31st, 2012, 01:06 AM
Firstly, what up with the F'ed up thread title?
"slithers?!"
WTF?! :fiery:

Secondly, can a Serena fan please create these threads because when some posters try to be funny and use F'ing animal descriptions, they look like goddamn fools!! And the crap just sounds derogatory.

As to the match:

I left after the first boring set due to an appointment, and glad that I did.

A win is a win though.

*Seriously dumb ass thread title*

And I don't give a flying F if the OP meant to be funny or not!THIS, every last bit of it. :yeah:

Smitten
Aug 31st, 2012, 01:07 AM
RVD proving his ignorance with every post.

young_gunner913
Aug 31st, 2012, 01:20 AM
A win is a win, I guess. :lol:

JN
Aug 31st, 2012, 01:22 AM
RVD proving his ignorance with every post.

Snakes slither. So what did you mean?

The 2nd Law
Aug 31st, 2012, 01:24 AM
:spit: at the thread title, she's a snake!?

Keep going Serena :cheer:

Rolling-Thunder
Aug 31st, 2012, 01:25 AM
Actually before I came home to see this match, I said I hope Serena has to hit a lot of balls. Its frustrating at times to watch and frustrating for her versus when she plays much better against other power players. But having to fight through these types of matches and when she's not playing her A game is good for her. She knows she has to stay patient and grind.

Kunal
Aug 31st, 2012, 02:04 AM
wow..

didnt see it. that bad huh?

MrSerenaWilliams
Aug 31st, 2012, 02:44 AM
A win is a win. 3 down, 10 to go.

pov
Aug 31st, 2012, 05:08 AM
Boring.
Beyond. It was a horrible match from both players but more so from Williams.

RVD
Aug 31st, 2012, 05:10 AM
RVD proving his ignorance with every post.Well now, that was an amazing comeback Shitten.
Wonder how long you'll last?
Since your buddy Demonic got banned, you've probably been pretty lonely.
Btw, wonderful display of nescience there.
I've worked with teens and pre-teens for two decades and you aren't fooling all of the posters here.
And in particular, not me.
It'll only be a matter of time before you too expose your entire worthless ass to rest of the board as well.

bandabou
Aug 31st, 2012, 06:37 AM
I don't know what people are talking about. Apart from when Serena's serve went awol..she was DOMINATING the match. 3 loves games in a row..then her serve went away and the match got trickier. But that's good. She needs these types of matches.

Pops Maellard
Aug 31st, 2012, 06:38 AM
Bye bitch!

starin
Aug 31st, 2012, 06:58 AM

The best thing that can be said about this match.
Keep going Serena :cheer:

#1SteffiGraf#1
Aug 31st, 2012, 08:56 AM
For someone as talented as she is, why does act like a 10 year old? Kind of fruity, imo.

I dont remember the great players of the 90's acting like this. "COME OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOON!!!!!"

My gosh.

Wert.
Aug 31st, 2012, 09:06 AM
That MJMS's grunt :o

ivanban
Aug 31st, 2012, 10:23 AM

:confused:

rucolo
Aug 31st, 2012, 12:50 PM
Serena leads Head To Head now 4-0 ! :cheer:

Martinez Sanchez and her grunts is so annoying :weirdo:

DOUBLEFIST
Aug 31st, 2012, 05:00 PM
Beyond. It was a horrible match from both players but more so from Williams.
And yet, she still managed to win in straight sets. So I suppose you are making another testament to her greatness. :shrug:

Melly Flew Us
Aug 31st, 2012, 07:33 PM
Boring.
what is with the slithering and boring bs? why start the thread at all?

nadlinds
Aug 31st, 2012, 09:29 PM
Another good win Serena. :)