Svitolina
Gavrilova
Abanda
Torro Flor
Bouchard
Taylor Townsend
Barty!
Vekic
Keys (no good recent results though for Madison)
Beck
Pfizenmaier
Witthort
Putintseva
For me Laura and Muguruza

My name is Lucy! I am not a 'he'! Hingisforever, I have to say she is one of the ruddest players I have met, Peer was rude as well!. She would not sign an autograph at Eastbourne, I asked her twice. Petra happily signed as did Zvonareva, Venus.

jrm
Aug 30th, 2012, 10:59 PM
Stephens is going to have better results on clay since she grew up on clay

Tennis Fool
Aug 30th, 2012, 11:02 PM
This list is very random.

Dav.
Aug 30th, 2012, 11:03 PM
Bouchard
Vekic

Wiggly
Aug 30th, 2012, 11:06 PM
Robson has the biggest weapons by far.
Being left-handed also helps.

Still, having new talents from the USA, UK and Canada with Bouchard will help women tennis A LOT.

Caipirinha Guy
Aug 30th, 2012, 11:09 PM
Till all those players come to top20, it's big unknown. Being on the top is about being consistent.

Spice
Aug 30th, 2012, 11:25 PM
Sorry I did miss, Bouchard, Svitolina and Taylor Townsend

Rex59
Aug 30th, 2012, 11:35 PM
Francoise Abanda from Canada, not on the list.

Javi.
Aug 30th, 2012, 11:38 PM
Torro Flor is also missing in the list. Her forehand is powerful and will do damage in tour.

Spice
Aug 30th, 2012, 11:45 PM
Yes keep the names coming!

Dav.
Aug 30th, 2012, 11:54 PM
I think Donna Vekic definitely deserves a mention...great junior results and is only 16 and winning 25Ks and GS qualie matches.

The Dawntreader
Aug 30th, 2012, 11:57 PM
There's nothing 'new' about Robson tbh. And from what I've seen of Bouchard, I can't say i'm enthralled by her.

cowsonice
Aug 30th, 2012, 11:58 PM
Bouchard has a limited game. Very Petkovic.

*hingis_forever*
Aug 31st, 2012, 12:00 AM
There's nothing 'new' about Robson tbh. And from what I've seen of Bouchard, I can't say i'm enthralled by her.
I think when he says "new", he's merely going by age, in which case Laura is right in the mix. I do also believe she is the most talented of the bunch, with Sloane also up there.
It's strange that you forgot Madison Keys, Yulia Putintseva, and Irina Khromacheva. And, although her ITF results on spectacular yet, I think Indy de Vroome is worth a mention.

Dav.
Aug 31st, 2012, 12:01 AM
Bouchard has a limited game. Very Petkovic.

I would have agreed with this a couple of years ago, but it has improved quite dramatically. She switches from defense to offense quite effectively now.

Matej
Aug 31st, 2012, 12:16 AM
From the above list:

Robson seems to me to be very promising, possibly a top 10 player in the future. I was quite impressed by her game at the Olympic Games, Palermo and US Open. I would even say that she plays better than Kvitova in 2008 when she was of the same age as Robson..

Muguruza could be a very good player in the future, too, if she is able to limit the amount of her UEs considerably -- letīs say a player who is consistently in top 20-30.

Stephens ... after todayīs match against Malek, IDK really. ;)

Tennis Fool
Aug 31st, 2012, 12:19 AM
Where are the Pliskies?
And the Germans, Annika Beck, Dinah Pfizenmaier, Carina Witthoft and Anna Lena Friedsam?

Aryman3
Aug 31st, 2012, 12:20 AM
Young Argnntinian on letter Y

Sylvester
Aug 31st, 2012, 12:23 AM
I think the Spanish girls Muguruza Blanco and Torro Flor are ridiculously talented plus they are very different from the "typical" Spanish player.

All the other girls are talented as well. I guess it will depend from who wants the most to reach the top, who is better coached, who can handle the pressure of the big matches better and who isn't pressured too soon to get results (an area where Robson and Watson have a huge disadvantage over the other youngsters).

*hingis_forever*
Aug 31st, 2012, 12:31 AM
I find it interesting that none of the girls born in 1995 have won a junior slam. We've had two slam champs born in 1996 (Barty and Townsend) but time is running out for the '95s.

Spice
Aug 31st, 2012, 12:32 AM
Kvitova never won a Junior Slam! or Li Na

*hingis_forever*
Aug 31st, 2012, 12:34 AM
Kvitova never won a Junior Slam! or Li Na
True, and by no means do I think those who have junior success will automatically have senior success, but I do find it strange that a whole birth year may go slamless in junior competition.

Spice
Aug 31st, 2012, 12:38 AM
Junior's is strange now, because most of them stay longer in Juniors until they are 18. Not like the days when Hingis and co were playing at 14 and winning.

Tennis Fool
Aug 31st, 2012, 12:38 AM
Also, where's Putintseva?

cowsonice
Aug 31st, 2012, 01:03 AM
I would have agreed with this a couple of years ago, but it has improved quite dramatically. She switches from defense to offense quite effectively now.

Her movement may be good and her serve has spin for a weapon, but I think her windshield-wiper forehand and her baseball-bat backhand (the extreme grip a la McHale) will hinder her in the long run. I'm not too sure though. That kind of stroke production seems to work for her though.

ranfurly
Aug 31st, 2012, 01:25 AM
Where is Emmanuelle Gaglairdi? she's the talent of the future!

Cajka
Aug 31st, 2012, 01:27 AM
Robson, MugGoat and Vekić.

rnwerner
Aug 31st, 2012, 01:28 AM
Watson seems to be the best.
She played great against Na Li and she will have more good results than Robson.
Robson can play brillant in one match (see against Clijsters) but not over a whole season.

The three spanish players (LAV, GMB, MTF) are very promising.

Barty's shotmaking is out of this world.
But she will need a few years more.

Not convinced with Babos and Garcia until now.

Stephens is good, but today was very bad tennis from her.

Matej
Aug 31st, 2012, 02:10 AM
Robson can play brillant in one match (see against Clijsters) but not over a whole season.

As yet, Watson has been unable to play as well as against Li or Sharapova (US Openī11) over a whole season either. ;) And Robson is almost two years younger than Watson and in my view, she has bigger weapons (serve and powerful groundstrokes) than Heather ... :shrug:

wildemu
Aug 31st, 2012, 02:46 AM
I like babos a lot, but she needs to get a whole lot tougher mentally.

Petkorazzi
Aug 31st, 2012, 03:04 AM
I like babos a lot, but she needs to get a whole lot tougher mentally.
Agree with this completely. I feel like Timea has the potential to be top 5 if she stops choking.

Also Stephens, but I think she needs to concentrate more on tennis. I still can't believe she writes "I play tennis in my spare time" on ber twitter info. :o

Raiden
Aug 31st, 2012, 03:21 AM
Mona Barthel is the best new talent.

I regard her as "more new" than at least half the players on that OP list (for example Mona turned pro way after the calendar-wise much younger Robson :shrug:

Matej
Aug 31st, 2012, 03:45 AM
I find it interesting that none of the girls born in 1995 have won a junior slam. We've had two slam champs born in 1996 (Barty and Townsend) but time is running out for the '95s.

There are arguably only a few girls born in 1995 that are / were contenders for junior slams: Khromacheva, Putintseva and Madison Keys (and perhaps Kontaveit).

Last year, they competed against a strong set of rivals born both in 1993 and 1994 (Garcia, Puig, Mestach, Jabeur, Bouchard, Min etc.) plus Barty (1996). For example, Khromacheva lost to Garcia at Australian Open, Puig at Roland Garros, Barty at Wimbledon and Grace Min at US Open.

And as for this year, Putintseva lost to Townsend in the Australian Open final, but generally they just donīt focus on juniors so much anymore.

Qalahari
Aug 31st, 2012, 08:42 AM
Where is Emmanuelle Gaglairdi? she's the talent of the future!
WTF? :spit:

Belinda Bencic :shrug:

Battiv
Aug 31st, 2012, 09:39 AM
Babos has the skills to dominate tennis, but now she can't exploit her netplay, hasn't a good fit and is very week mentally.
She has to return fittier and slim, to become faster, to go quickly on the net.
In this way, she can avoid many UE's for tension and choke less.

Skoo
Aug 31st, 2012, 10:45 AM
Bouchard, Muguruza and Robson, if you ask me.

A-Bond
Aug 31st, 2012, 11:29 AM

The three spanish players (LAV, GMB, MTF) are very promising.

Barty's shotmaking is out of this world.
But she will need a few years more.

Not convinced with Babos and Garcia until now.

Stephens is good, but today was very bad tennis from her.

Pretty much reminds me on what I used to say about Kvitova in 2008. I think she actually has some kind of an advantage mentally since she had to start dealing with pressure from a very young age. I think she really really has talent, while Watson lacks a standout shot.

I was impressed with Mladenovic so far and usually Stephens plays decent as well (apart from that Malek-match). Can't say too much about the others. I liked Babos right away when I saw her the first time but I still have nightmares when I think back to that Roland Garros disaster :o

Simugna Help
Aug 31st, 2012, 11:38 AM
Pretty much reminds me on what I used to say about Kvitova in 2008. I think she actually has some kind of an advantage mentally since she had to start dealing with pressure from a very young age. I think she really really has talent, while Watson lacks a standout shot.
Not only lack of standout shots. Watson is nowhere near as quick as Caro/Aga were at her age, nor does she have their anticipation. She might gradually improve, but I don't think she'll ever evolve into a really dangerous player. Though who knows, Errani was able to transcend her physical limitations and achieve noticeable success, so could Watson. Robson has indeed a lot more raw potential.

Trey
Aug 31st, 2012, 02:35 PM
In no Order But I see these Woman being future top players

1.Madison Keys

2.Irina Khromacheva

3. Indy de Vroome

4.Sloane Stephens

5.Sachia Vickery

6. Taylor Townsend

7. Laura Robson

8.Daria Gavrilova

9.Veronika Kudermetova

10.Margarita Gasparyan

11. Donna Vekic

12.Muguruza

13.Francoise Abanda

14.Eugenie Bouchard

15. Victoria Duval ( I like too see more her in the future)

debopero
Aug 31st, 2012, 03:08 PM
The future is bleak :o . Just kidding.

I think Stephens has potential, but it seems that she looses focus too easily. Sometimes it looks like she doesn't realize where she is.

Robson hits the ball well and has a good serve, but her movement is woeful.

Banditoo
Aug 31st, 2012, 03:23 PM
Bouchard :inlove:

Serenita
Aug 31st, 2012, 03:30 PM
Robson has the biggest weapons by far.
Being left-handed also helps.

Still, having new talents from the USA, UK and Canada with Bouchard will help women tennis A LOT.
:bs:
Na Li is a good example, need more diversity, not the status quo. I would love to see more color and nationality's in the top. More Asians/ Latina's / African's make it a global sport.

Crater718
Aug 31st, 2012, 05:24 PM
Do any of these players have explosive movement? Turn defense to offense etc? Run all day basically but not like a pusher?

Is that too much to ask for?

Passierschlag
Aug 31st, 2012, 05:54 PM
Robson of course. Didn't you guys see how she demolished Clijsters?

Tenis Srbija
Aug 31st, 2012, 06:01 PM
Why isn't Burdette on this list? From what I've seen she has amazing game and a big chance to rock the WTA. Already she is making some great results, even though she is still University tennis player :shrug:

NoChokes
Aug 31st, 2012, 07:19 PM
:bs:
Na Li is a good example, need more diversity, not the status quo. I would love to see more color and nationality's in the top. More Asians/ Latina's / African's make it a global sport.

Two different things though. More diversity from countries in Asia, Africa, etc might be great in some ways, but if it comes at the expense of American players the overall health of the sport is going to suffer financially.

The sport needs a fair smattering of All American heroines to bring in the crowds and the sponsorship $$$. Talented Brits and Aussies don't hurt much either.

Spice
Aug 31st, 2012, 07:22 PM
Laura could help bring more coverage to British Eurosport MAYBE

NoChokes
Aug 31st, 2012, 07:24 PM
Laura could help bring more coverage to British Eurosport MAYBE

When (If?) she gets into positions where she's challenging for WTA tour events, I wouldn't be shocked to see SKY pick up the rights for the WTA.

Israel
Aug 31st, 2012, 07:24 PM
Laura is a great talent but I think that Muguruza is more talented because she has more power in her shots and has a HUGE serve.

Spice
Aug 31st, 2012, 07:29 PM
more coverage YEAH YEAH

DefJax
Aug 31st, 2012, 08:58 PM
Laura is a great talent but I think that Muguruza is more talented because she has more power in her shots and has a HUGE serve.

Really? She's older than Laura, lower ranked, and has only ever made the main draw for one slam, most of her points have come from grinding local ITF events.

Meanwhile Laura has made WTA semis, has and olympic silver medal, and is in R4 of the US Open having beaten Li Na and Clijsters

Israel
Aug 31st, 2012, 09:03 PM
Really? She's older than Laura, lower ranked, and has only ever made the main draw for one slam, most of her points have come from grinding local ITF events.

Meanwhile Laura has made WTA semis, has and olympic silver medal, and is in R4 of the US Open having beaten Li Na and Clijsters
Well I do get your point but Garbine's game is simply bigger. Therefore her potential is too.
But just to make things clear, Garbine might never get to the top like Laura did. Potential has to be fulfilled too. You see players like Lucie Hradecka who's extremly talented but didn't put it all together yet to have a successful career in the top of the top.

DreamingTennis
Aug 31st, 2012, 09:41 PM
No Julia Cohen?

Setsuna.
Aug 31st, 2012, 10:01 PM
Mona Barthel is the best new talent.

I regard her as "more new" than at least half the players on that OP list (for example Mona turned pro way after the calendar-wise much younger Robson :shrug:

This.

jrm
Sep 1st, 2012, 12:01 AM
Alison Van Uytvanck?