PDA

View Full Version : Oh please Graf was better than Serena

NaNaSlam
Aug 30th, 2012, 07:12 AM
She'd never ever lose to people like Makarova and much less to scrubs like Razzano I'm sorry, she'd also wouldnt get killed in a slam final by anyone (much less someone like Stosur). she was a true goat and had a rival (Seles) who's much better than any rival serena has had in her career.

JRena
Aug 30th, 2012, 07:13 AM
Ty for that, now go away.

Talula
Aug 30th, 2012, 07:18 AM
Do I take the bait?:scratch:

dangalak
Aug 30th, 2012, 07:21 AM
She'd never ever lose to people like Makarova and much less to scrubs like Razzano I'm sorry, she'd also wouldnt get killed in a slam final by anyone (much less someone like Stosur). she was a true goat and had a rival (Seles) who's much better than any rival serena has had in her career.

:unsure: Vinas?

Serena really isn't that lacking in strength of schedule.

Pops Maellard
Aug 30th, 2012, 07:23 AM
Duh. Nobody seriously objectively thinks Serena is greater than Graf :lol:.

NaNaSlam
Aug 30th, 2012, 07:25 AM
Duh. Nobody seriously objectively thinks Serena is greater than Graf :lol:.

:worship:

J4m3ka
Aug 30th, 2012, 07:26 AM
Pressed.

Libertango
Aug 30th, 2012, 07:27 AM
Bless you.

Talula
Aug 30th, 2012, 07:30 AM
Ok, I will!

Serena has repeatedly come back and won slams, including Wimbledon and Olympic Golds in singles and doublesback to back from: murder of her sister, near fatal injuries, beating all the top players to do so. Before her last injury which could have cost her her life she was No 1 and destroying the field. Her latest massive achievement has been in her 30s with no signs of her not continuing to win slams if she keeps motivated.

Steffi profitted from one of the most terrible incidents in tennis allowing her to nearly double her slam tally. Not so with Serena who won when there was a full field.

Both are great, but Serena (and Venus) also had each other to compete against and are truly iconic beyond the sport itself. I think their impact on and off the court is more than any other female tennis players.

NashaMasha
Aug 30th, 2012, 07:31 AM
NaNaSlam - this thread is not even funny..... and it was discussed innumerous times just after Serena's win at Wimbledon/Olympics.
What is the reason for opening new thread?

bandabou
Aug 30th, 2012, 07:31 AM
:lol: Who's this guy? Right now there's no way of Serena being greater than Graf.

Litotes
Aug 30th, 2012, 07:52 AM
What is the reason for this post? Is anyone claiming otherwise? I suppose - someone will always regard the most merited active player as greatest of all time. When the Williamses retire, there will undoubtedly be votes for Sharapova as GOAT. Or anyone else who has suddenly started winning.

The true question, of course, is whether Court and/or Navratilova is greater than Graf. Here opinions will be more divided. But they are - together with Evert - unquestionably top 4.