PDA

View Full Version : Princess Laura becomes Queen of British Tennis

Spice
Aug 29th, 2012, 11:53 PM
AT LAST, laura shows she is the BEST teenager of her generation. Top ten for Laura I know!

Volcana
Aug 29th, 2012, 11:58 PM
AT LAST, laura shows she is the BEST teenager of her generation. Top ten for Laura I know!Well, she IS ranked 45 spots lower than Sloane Stephens :)

But re the thread title, I thought Robson became Queen of British Tennis when she won that mixed doubles gold silver with Murray. Today, she played like it. She looked five years older than she did during the Olympics.

KeysisGOAT
Aug 30th, 2012, 12:00 AM
Well, she IS ranked 45 spots lower than Sloane Stephens :)

But re the thread title, I thought Robson became Queen of British Tennis when she won that mixed doubles gold with Murray. Today, she played like it. She looked five years older than she did during the Olympics.

She won silver.

Spice
Aug 30th, 2012, 12:00 AM
I saw her match at the Olympics against Maria. She should of have the first set there! Interesting that she has been practising with Maria, that must of helped with the pace of Kim's shot! I hope Li Na does not destroy her! She just said on Sky she is major tired!

flareon
Aug 30th, 2012, 12:02 AM
OMG Are you a reporter for Daily star or something, please stop trolling laura... its people like you that makes me dislike her, yes great win shes done it now she has to back it up knowing laura she will go on an 8
match losing streak now :o.

PLAYER FORUM!

Rex59
Aug 30th, 2012, 12:03 AM
Krajan's a good coach....

PhilePhile
Aug 30th, 2012, 12:05 AM
I saw her match at the Olympics against Maria. She should of have the first set there! Interesting that she has been practising with Maria, that must of helped with the pace of Kim's shot! I hope Li Na does not destroy her! She just said on Sky she is major tired!

She has a full day to rest ( this is the Slam). Na should worry Robson does not destroy her! :lol:

Spice
Aug 30th, 2012, 12:05 AM
Hey you are meant to be British! I don't care what you think, this is Laura's biggest win and the biggest win in Women's British Tennis for 30 years!

Mr.Sharapova
Aug 30th, 2012, 12:06 AM
Oh the hype:oh:. Keep it coming :oh:.

ikemstar
Aug 30th, 2012, 12:07 AM
And candidates for the throne are exactly who? Baltacha? Keovathong? Gimme a break.

Spice
Aug 30th, 2012, 12:08 AM
HEATHER! Eleanor Dean is very good! What is up the Brit's tonight!

flareon
Aug 30th, 2012, 12:09 AM
Hey you are meant to be British! I don't care what you think, this is Laura's biggest win and the biggest win in Women's British Tennis for 30 years!

Yes but your going over the top...
I think heathers win at wimbledon centre court was slightly bigger first time someone had done that for a long time...

KeysisGOAT
OMG Are you a reporter for Daily star or something, please stop trolling laura... its people like you that makes me dislike her, yes great win shes done it now she has to back it up knowing laura she will go on an 8
match losing streak now :o.

PLAYER FORUM!

This seems to be a common theme among Robson 'haters'. And reading threads like this I can see why. We are an irritating bunch. I'd also rather not have this sort of clutter in the Robson thread. There's enough fanwank there already without adding the shit that gets posted in GM.

Spice
No I do not work for the Daily Star, sorry to disappoint!

KeysisGOAT
Aug 30th, 2012, 12:10 AM

No it isn't. Kindly sign off, have a cup of tea and calm down.

Spice
Aug 30th, 2012, 12:11 AM
Whatever Trevor! Go back to your little Thread

TigerTim
Aug 30th, 2012, 12:12 AM
Jury Murray is queen, she ain't going to let some Aussie girl take it any time soon. Heather is sweet, but frankly Kim Sears is more of a British Tennis Queen than her or Laura.

Spice
Aug 30th, 2012, 12:13 AM
Who is Jury Murray? Kim is pretty but Laura plays Tim

flareon
Aug 30th, 2012, 12:19 AM
This seems to be a common theme among Robson 'haters'. And reading threads like this I can see why. We are an irritating bunch. I'd also rather not have this sort of clutter in the Robson thread. There's enough fanwank there already without adding the shit that gets posted in GM.

Its the same with some of the bigger players all the hype let the player do something big and then you can hype them, sure robson got her biggest win, but it will get overshadowed if Li pummels her...

TigerTim
Aug 30th, 2012, 12:21 AM
Who is Jury Murray? Kim is pretty but Laura plays Tim

A mistake! Ironically enough Judy does look a bit like Judge Judy and I can picture her being on a tight lipped jury

"clap him in irons and lash him until death" she would cry.

As for Kim, what does it matter :shrug: she gets more exposure and is the other half of a player who is x100000000(8) more successful than the other two

StoneRose
Aug 30th, 2012, 12:23 AM
This was always coming of course, surprised it took over an hour before someone opened this thread.

Volcana
Aug 30th, 2012, 12:24 AM
She won silver.
My bad. But I really got the feeling she grew up in that tournament.

KournikovaFan91
Aug 30th, 2012, 12:26 AM
Epic thread :spit:

KeysisGOAT
Aug 30th, 2012, 12:32 AM
Its the same with some of the bigger players all the hype let the player do something big and then you can hype them, sure robson got her biggest win, but it will get overshadowed if Li pummels her...

Let a player EARN hype? What is this blasphemy! :lol:

It also won't get any less annoying when she's done more stuff that's worthy of hyping. As an example, Serena and Sharapova are two of the most successful players on tour (I'd call them the most successful, but ya know, Venus is still on tour so that's untrue) can you honestly say that their fans can't be annoying and overrate their preferred player? Especially when they're in the same thread and disagreeing with one another.

Spice
Aug 30th, 2012, 12:37 AM
Sorry I should not have started the thread, was pleased for Laura and British Women's Tennis most importantly! It is always Andy ...

Wiggly
Aug 30th, 2012, 12:47 AM
She could quit the game today and would still get a lifetime job at the BBC. :lol:

KournikovaFan91
Aug 30th, 2012, 12:48 AM
She could quit the game today and would still get a lifetime job at the BBC. :lol:

THIS

:sobbing:

The moment she won Junior Wimby she had a lifetime job at the Beeb.

ranfurly
Aug 30th, 2012, 12:51 AM
Calm down Pommies! stop thinking she's all that and a bag of crisps!

Have a nice Biscuit, put on the Box, and watch some Emmerdale.

flareon
Aug 30th, 2012, 12:51 AM
Let a player EARN hype? What is this blasphemy! :lol:

It also won't get any less annoying when she's done more stuff that's worthy of hyping. As an example, Serena and Sharapova are two of the most successful players on tour (I'd call them the most successful, but ya know, Venus is still on tour so that's untrue) can you honestly say that their fans can't be annoying and overrate their preferred player? Especially when they're in the same thread and disagreeing with one another.

I agree with you

:sobbing: so true.

Spice
Aug 30th, 2012, 12:58 AM
Don't tell me you have Emmerdale in Aus?

KournikovaFan91
Aug 30th, 2012, 12:59 AM

He's from New Zealand. Look at the flag.

Dodge
Aug 30th, 2012, 01:01 AM
Well she's matched her points tally from last year so will remain the 3rd ranked Brit unless she beats Li.

PhilePhile
Aug 30th, 2012, 01:09 AM

Her pre-qualification ...

http://www.theuksportsnetwork.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/07/Laura-Robson-Planking-2.jpg

ranfurly
Aug 30th, 2012, 01:13 AM

I wouldn't know mate, I don't live in Aus

Mary Cherry.
Aug 30th, 2012, 01:15 AM
Her pre-qualification ...

http://www.theuksportsnetwork.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/07/Laura-Robson-Planking-2.jpg

It's been a while...

http://i.imgur.com/kge87.png

BlueTrees
Aug 30th, 2012, 01:18 AM
Well obviously it was a great win for her but how is she the best teenager when Stephens and Babos are both ranked higher? :confused:

Mary Cherry.
Aug 30th, 2012, 01:19 AM
Well obviously it was a great win for her but how is she the best teenager when Stephens and Babos are both ranked higher? :confused: Typical annoying delusional British fanboy

This is why I don't want Laura to do well. Right now I actually like her.

KeysisGOAT
Aug 30th, 2012, 01:26 AM
Well obviously it was a great win for her but how is she the best teenager when Stephens and Babos are both ranked higher? :confused:

Because everyone uses hyperbole.

Dodge
Aug 30th, 2012, 01:29 AM

Best 18 year old will have to do.

Boxuan
Aug 30th, 2012, 01:31 AM
Watch out you SLUTs, Princess Laura's time comes!:cheer:

Raiden
Aug 30th, 2012, 02:04 AM
Oh the hype:oh::drool:

I want full resumption of the discussions regarding the № of slams Laura is going to collect - I remember the minimum estimates fluctuated around the lower double-digit figures.

KeysisGOAT
Aug 30th, 2012, 02:07 AM
:drool:

I want full resumption of the discussions regarding the № of slams Laura is going to collect - I remember the safe estimates were around the lower double-digit figures.

Meh, I'm not interested in how many she wins. The one thing I want to know is will she win her first before Andy Murray?

No.

Raiden
Aug 30th, 2012, 02:19 AM
^ Well that's kinda obvious (Andy is likely to win his first one as early as next week... whereas her royal hypeness might have to wait a little bit longer

KeysisGOAT
Aug 30th, 2012, 02:24 AM
Up until the Olympics my stance was "Andy Murray hasn't been knocked out before the semis in over a year. If he was going to win a slam, he already would have. Therefore he's not going to, and thus saying Robson/Watson will win one before him is a safe bet". I changed that opinion when he won the gold medal by beating 2/3 of the players ranked above him.

perseus2006
Aug 30th, 2012, 02:41 AM
Atleast Robson has an accomplishment for the record book: The last player to beat Kim in Singles!

It's like a passing of the Torch. Let's see if she can live up to it over her career, regardless of LiNa spanking her in the next round.

King Halep
Aug 30th, 2012, 04:12 AM
Andy is the Queen of British Tennis

bobito
Aug 30th, 2012, 05:26 AM
Well, she IS ranked 45 spots lower than Sloane Stephens :)

She's ranked 52 places higher than Stephens was at Laura's age. :)

wayitis
Aug 30th, 2012, 05:37 AM
what worries me the most is that Evert just gave her the kiss of death by saying she is a top 20 player, poor Makarova cannot win anything anymore since Chris said she is a future Slam champion in Australia... :sad:

BlueTrees
Aug 30th, 2012, 09:40 AM
She's ranked 52 places higher than Stephens was at Laura's age. :)
http://www.tennisexplorer.com/ranking/wta-women/2011/?type=WTA&date=2011-10-24&page=2

Unless Robson's going to be ranked around #40 after the US Open the no this isn't correct :wavey:

Stephens is 10 months older and was ranked around #92 in October 2011. This is pretty much exactly where Laura will be if she loses to Li Na. Stephens reached the 3R of the US Open last year when she was younger than Laura. So no she's not ahead of Sloane in terms of development at all. Obviously they're both talented players but please don't make up facts which are't true :lol:

TigerTim
Aug 30th, 2012, 10:54 AM

with his pushing style in the past one does wonder............

SVK
Aug 30th, 2012, 10:57 AM
So is she a princess or a queen?

EDIT: Nevermind:p

TigerTim
Aug 30th, 2012, 10:57 AM
So is she a princess or a queen?

Duchess

Royals.
Aug 30th, 2012, 11:09 AM
Amazing win from Laura! I really think she doesn't realize how amazing she can be. It seems her new coach is really helping her with getting that self belief. I hope she can stretch Li Na to three sets in the next round. I just hope she isn't too tired :(

NaNaSlam
Aug 30th, 2012, 11:16 AM
Amazing win from Laura! I really think she doesn't realize how amazing she can be. It seems her new coach is really helping her with getting that self belief. I hope she can stretch Li Na to three sets in the next round. I just hope she isn't too tired :(

BANDWAGON ALERT. lame.

Royals.
Aug 30th, 2012, 11:22 AM
BANDWAGON ALERT. lame.

Excuse me?..

I've been a fan of Laura since she won the juniors in 2008, so how am i jumping on a bandwagon? I knew she had a lot of potential and her match against Kim proved that. She just needs to be more consistent.

What's your problem? :rolleyes:

Beat
Aug 30th, 2012, 11:25 AM
AT LAST, laura shows she is the BEST teenager of her generation. Top ten for Laura I know!

you really want people to cheer against her, don't you? do you work for the tabloids?

Mary Cherry.
Aug 30th, 2012, 11:36 AM
BANDWAGON ALERT. lame.

Britain :facepalm:

Shivank17
Aug 30th, 2012, 11:40 AM

this. cause there's room for only one drama queen. :worship:

Royals.
Aug 30th, 2012, 11:43 AM
Britain :facepalm:

I found that very insulting.

KournikovaFan91
Aug 30th, 2012, 11:46 AM
BANDWAGON ALERT. lame.

Of course you and a handful of others the only true Laura fans. :rolleyes:

Royals.
Aug 30th, 2012, 11:58 AM
Of course you and a handful of others the only true Laura fans. :rolleyes:

Were you sticking up for Laura?

I didn't really understand lol :)

Juju Nostalgique
Aug 30th, 2012, 12:52 PM
Don't know why but I feel that Heather will have a better career... :shrug:

Shaun:::
Aug 30th, 2012, 01:03 PM
i prefer Heather:oh:

KournikovaFan91
Aug 30th, 2012, 01:22 PM

I think Heather's career will be the most consistent however Laura will get the odd big win here and there and the British media will prioritize her over Heather. I mean they already do. :shrug:

Lord Choc Ice
Aug 30th, 2012, 01:37 PM
She's definitely the most entertaining Brit to watch (not that she has much competition). Very lovely strokes!

flareon
Aug 30th, 2012, 01:38 PM

Yes I have a feeling about this too... I prefer Heather myself anyway.

I think Heather's career will be the most consistent however Laura will get the odd big win here and there and the British media will prioritize her over Heather. I mean they already do. :shrug:

:lol: except for the gold medal article about heather.
But I heard next year they will be doing an article about Laura saying hows she going to win wimbledon... I joke, she is lovely in interviews though is laura and speaks well.

tejmeglekvár
Aug 30th, 2012, 01:42 PM

Watson's game looks hopelessly useless to achieve anything big.

TigerTim
Aug 30th, 2012, 05:50 PM
i prefer Heather:oh:

Who doesn't :oh:

RenaSlam.
Aug 30th, 2012, 06:20 PM
Sloane will shit on her.

18majors
Aug 30th, 2012, 06:22 PM
Things will get really interesting if Laura beats Na Li in R3.

KeysisGOAT
Aug 30th, 2012, 06:26 PM
Sloane will shit on her.

What on earth has Sloane Stevens got to do with this? She's A) not British (and thus isn't in the running for queen of British Tennis) and B) won't play Robson in the singles of this tournament unless both make it to the final, which neither are likely to.

Dan_Doe
Aug 30th, 2012, 06:29 PM
I'm glad it was Laura who finished Kim's career. I mean, big old champions lose to young stars - to pass the torch, not to other old champions, like Na Li or Stosur (Kim couldn't beat them both here, really). Plus, I hope it gives plenty of motivation to Laura.

traralgon
Aug 30th, 2012, 08:36 PM
It's a sensational win and I'm sure we are witnessing the emergence of an outstanding player who will dominate women's tennis for years to come! She is still so young and if she keeps improving soon there will be nobody to stop her. Li Na should not pose a major threat now, Heather could have knocked her out with a little bit of luck.

Tenis Srbija
Aug 30th, 2012, 08:39 PM
Just 'cause she defeated Clijsters in her farewell tournament? :spit:
Anyone remembers Becker from Germany who defeated Agassi in USO 2006? :oh:

*hingis_forever*
Aug 30th, 2012, 08:46 PM
Just 'cause she defeated Clijsters in her farewell tournament? :spit:
Anyone remembers Becker from Germany who defeated Agassi in USO 2006? :oh:
To be fair though, Robson is the youngest player in the top 100, so even before this tournament started, people knew she had potential. I'm not saying that beating Clijsters in her farewell tournament means she's going to suddenly start winning titles left and right, but I'm confident that she's well on her way to the top 50 and even top 30. After that I have no clue.

Tenis Srbija
Aug 30th, 2012, 08:51 PM
To be fair though, Robson is the youngest player in the top 100, so even before this tournament started, people knew she had potential. I'm not saying that beating Clijsters in her farewell tournament means she's going to suddenly start winning titles left and right, but I'm confident that she's well on her way to the top 50 and even top 30. After that I have no clue.

I was just pointing out that win over Clijsters at this stage means nothing. Even less. It can be a boost to her confidence, but I doubt it.

Spice
Aug 30th, 2012, 08:54 PM
If I had beaten Clijsters I would be thinking BIG. As Sam Smith said Laura knows how good she is and that if she continues working hard, it will pay off in a couple of years time!

babsi
Aug 30th, 2012, 09:09 PM
I was just pointing out that win over Clijsters at this stage means nothing. Even less. It can be a boost to her confidence, but I doubt it.

She beats a player who has won four GS's (3 at the US Open) and was unbeaten for nine years there on her best surface? You REALLY, REALLY think that won't boost her confidence?

Spice
Aug 30th, 2012, 09:13 PM
I totally agree, I bet Li Na is pleased she does not have to play Kim. She choked the last time

Tenis Srbija
Aug 30th, 2012, 09:16 PM
She beats a player who has won four GS's (3 at the US Open) and was unbeaten for nine years there on her best surface? You REALLY, REALLY think that won't boost her confidence?

So, if Martina Navratilova is to comeback now, every scrub who would beat her would be over the moon?
I just don't think of her as a player who is going to profit out of a win like that :shrug: I could be wrong. Nevertheless, we shall see tomorrow... ;)

Dawson.
Aug 30th, 2012, 09:21 PM
So, if Martina Navratilova is to comeback now, every scrub who would beat her would be over the moon?
I just don't think of her as a player who is going to profit out of a win like that :shrug: I could be wrong. Nevertheless, we shall see tomorrow... ;)

Congratulations! That's the dumbest thing anyone has ever said on TF :cheer:

babsi
Aug 30th, 2012, 09:22 PM

Kim has been semi-retired for a while but still that is a big win for Laura. Her best win ever. Look at some photos from after her win to see how much it mean't to HER.

Tomorrow's match doesn't have any bearing on this result. It's a tough match...the odds aren't in her favour. Even if she loses, she still has had her best result in a GS and her best win. As long as she keeps the momentum from this run going in Asia then that is good enough and try and get her ranking as high as possible for 2013.

ranfurly
Aug 30th, 2012, 09:22 PM

exactly,

Doesn't take a rocket scientist to work that out.

Spice
Aug 30th, 2012, 09:30 PM
I wish Laura was playing Malek today, stephens is struggling against her.

Spice
Aug 30th, 2012, 09:35 PM
Laura has beaten Kerber, Vinci, Safarova and Clijsters. Should of beaten Schiavone at Wimby. I can't help but think practising with Maria helped her. Maria is so classy

PhilePhile
Aug 30th, 2012, 10:09 PM
Laura has beaten Kerber, Vinci, Safarova and Clijsters. Should of beaten Schiavone at Wimby. I can't help but think practising with Maria helped her. Maria is so classy

No.

akosijepoy
Aug 30th, 2012, 10:34 PM
Whatever happened to Watson-Robson doubles partnership. I know there was controversy when Murray chose Laura for Mixed Doubles

Spice
Aug 30th, 2012, 10:40 PM
Heather is playing with Erakovic they have won 2 events in the Summer, Stanford and Dallas

KeysisGOAT
Aug 30th, 2012, 10:56 PM
Whatever happened to Watson-Robson doubles partnership. I know there was controversy when Murray chose Laura for Mixed Doubles

Watson's having more success in doubles with Erakovic. Seeing as she's won two doubles titles this year with her, one of which was in Dallas a couple of weeks ago I wouldn't have broken up that partnership either.

Material World
Aug 30th, 2012, 10:57 PM
Much as I like Heather, she lacks weapons at the moment, whilst Laura has weapons in spades. What really looked to have improved yesterday was the movement. If she plays like that against Na she can win at least a set if not the pot. Na is fragile at the best of times - a very overrated player in my view :devil:

King Halep
Aug 31st, 2012, 06:32 PM

Looks like it didnt help the scrub

Material World
Aug 31st, 2012, 06:43 PM
If she plays like that against Na she can win at least a set if not the pot. Na is fragile at the best of times - a very overrated player in my view :devil:

QED :)

Queen Laura is here to stay....

Spice
Aug 31st, 2012, 07:16 PM
Yes she is the real deal!

Spice
Aug 31st, 2012, 07:17 PM
What shocking umpiring from Louise Engzell! Laura was robbed there twice! But she has shown she COULD be top ten in a year or two!

BUT she is prone to injuries

ToopsTame
Aug 31st, 2012, 07:22 PM
You guys need to relax. Don't raise your expectations sky high based on a few good tournaments. We've all seen this happen before and not go anywhere. She still has serious limitations in her game.

Israel
Aug 31st, 2012, 07:23 PM
First of all it's very nice that she has this run. But then there were many players in the past that were considered to be great promises and then failed badly AHHRMMM SHAHAR.
I'm just really thrilled to see her playing at the moment.

Spice
Aug 31st, 2012, 07:26 PM
Dont you think it is nice to have a TEENAGER doing something and also someone who goes for her shots and just dosen't sit back and make the tennis boring zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Spice
Aug 31st, 2012, 07:27 PM
I did emphasis the words COULD and that Laura is prone to injuries

Tenis Srbija
Aug 31st, 2012, 07:28 PM
You guys need to relax. Don't raise your expectations sky high based on a few good tournaments. We've all seen this happen before and not go anywhere. She still has serious limitations in her game.

It's actually one good tournament :facepalm:

I have to be honest, I'm impressed with the way Laura played against Clijsters and Li. A lot of more experienced and mentally tougher players would crumble under the pressure, but she didn't. She just kept bashing that ball and in the end she won both matches.

But yeah, it way to early to say that she is the real deal. Just remember how much real deal Rezai was...a lot of people have praised Larcher de Britto (or whatever is her last name) and where is she now? There a lot of real deals that ended up nowhere. Just take a minute, breathe, let her play few more tournaments. Who knows, maybe she isn't done with winning in New York, maybe she will have the same path like Kerber this year...or maybe she will pull out a Rezai :shrug:

Nevertheless, when it comes to USO :worship: She's done great job.

Spice
Aug 31st, 2012, 07:32 PM
She has been building on this for ages, won matches at Nottingham, Eastbourne, Olympics and Palermo. I think also the fact that she had starting beating the beater players has helped. Vinci, Safarova and then Kim and Li. She has pushed so many of them this year Jankovic in Copenhagen, Maria Olympics, Schiavone Wimbledon.

Bismarck.
Aug 31st, 2012, 07:32 PM
Melanie Oudin.

ACEof DIAMONDS
Aug 31st, 2012, 07:35 PM
Melanie Oudin.

Oudin won matches playing defensive tennis and all of her opponents committed an insane amount of errors.

Robson has a big serve and plays aggressive tennis for the most part. She goes after her shots.

Not even close to being a valid comparison.

Tenis Srbija
Aug 31st, 2012, 07:36 PM
Oudin won matches playing defensive tennis and all of her opponents committed an insane amount of errors.

Robson has a big serve and plays aggressive tennis for the most part. She goes after her shots.

Not even close to being a valid comparison.

So in that case Wozniacki was never a real deal? :scratch:

Spice
Aug 31st, 2012, 07:38 PM
Wozniacki has had a great career, world number one. But Laura is not a pusher like Oudin and Wozniacki respectively. Laura is a shot maker.

Roookie
Aug 31st, 2012, 07:42 PM
She could be Britain's Melanie Oudin :inlove:

ToopsTame
Aug 31st, 2012, 07:45 PM
It's actually one good tournament :facepalm:

I have to be honest, I'm impressed with the way Laura played against Clijsters and Li. A lot of more experienced and mentally tougher players would crumble under the pressure, but she didn't. She just kept bashing that ball and in the end she won both matches.

But yeah, it way to early to say that she is the real deal. Just remember how much real deal Rezai was...a lot of people have praised Larcher de Britto (or whatever is her last name) and where is she now? There a lot of real deals that ended up nowhere. Just take a minute, breathe, let her play few more tournaments. Who knows, maybe she isn't done with winning in New York, maybe she will have the same path like Kerber this year...or maybe she will pull out a Rezai :shrug:

Nevertheless, when it comes to USO :worship: She's done great job.

Exactly. Celebrate her good tournament but let's not go nuts here. She's been serving very well this week and her opponents haven't done much to move her around. If either of those things changes, she'll have a much harder time winning points. Big and slow only works if you have Davenport-like consistency. It remains to be seen if Laura does.

DefJax
Aug 31st, 2012, 07:48 PM
Whats great to see about Laura, and what I feel seperates her from some other young players, is that she dominates with her sheer Tennis ability and not natural athleticism, today she out rallied Li Na on a hardcourt, she dominated rallies against Kim Clijsters, and when her serve is at 65%+ and her FH is firing she looks invincible.

Passierschlag
Sep 17th, 2012, 03:56 PM
Laura will dominate womes' tennis very soon!!

Spice
Sep 21st, 2012, 03:03 PM
QUEEN LAURA as I said. She held her nerve against a nervous Cirstea. The nerve of a champion.

Mforensic
Sep 21st, 2012, 03:53 PM
First British woman in a WTA final in 22 years. Now theres a reason to celebrate!!!!

Spice
Sep 21st, 2012, 04:02 PM
YES YES YES, finally that 1990 record has gone!

machinist
Oct 7th, 2012, 08:33 PM
her rise is soo exciting!

Passierschlag
Oct 23rd, 2012, 06:24 PM
shame Heather won her first title first.