PDA

View Full Version : Better Serve than Serena? Golden Serve

SwingVolley93
Aug 29th, 2012, 04:42 PM
Mallory Burdette of the United States won every single point on her own serve in the first set against Hredecka
All 13 first serves and a 3 second serves :eek:

Whenw as the last time Godrena won every point on serve? :shrug:

Mallory Goatdette :worship:

Halepsova
Aug 29th, 2012, 04:51 PM
And when was the last time Burdette won a GS? :confused:

flareon
Aug 29th, 2012, 04:56 PM
:o :o :o shes playing Hradecka who has the mentality of a sieve...

Raiden
Aug 29th, 2012, 05:09 PM
And the fact that this happened against serve-bot Hradecka is hilariously ironic.

Miss Amor
Aug 29th, 2012, 05:17 PM
It says a lot more about Hradecka than about Mallory whose fastest first serve barely crept to about 98mph while average first serve was about 92mph :help:

SwingVolley93
Aug 29th, 2012, 05:18 PM
It says a lot more about Hradecka than about Mallory whose fastest first serve barely crept above 100mph while average first serve was about 95mph :help:

Serves aren't always about speed, sometimes about placement too :wavey:

Miss Amor
Aug 29th, 2012, 05:19 PM
Serves aren't always about speed, sometimes about placement too :wavey:

..and sometimes about who is returning. Like in this case.

faboozadoo15
Aug 29th, 2012, 05:26 PM
I'd like to see her play now and then imagine how badly Hradecka must have been playing.

dangalak
Aug 29th, 2012, 05:27 PM
And when was the last time Burdette won a GS? :confused:

:facepalm:

Tracy Austin's serve >>>>>>>>>> Petrova. :lol:

Roookie
Aug 29th, 2012, 05:29 PM
*subscribes* :lol:

bandabou
Aug 29th, 2012, 05:29 PM
:lol: Nice, nice...yes, finally who can take the mantle of servebot over from Serena. :bounce:

starin
Aug 29th, 2012, 05:30 PM
Just watched the end of her match and her serve sucks
Hradeka :tape: :help:

Singleniacki
Aug 29th, 2012, 05:30 PM
Pretty sure tons of players have done this in their career

Feyd
Aug 29th, 2012, 05:33 PM
This GOAT serving is a sure sign of the arrival of the savior of American tennis. :rocker2:

pov
Aug 29th, 2012, 05:36 PM
The "serve-bot" thing is stupid. Most top ATP players use their serve effectively. Yet when a few women - most notably Williams - begin to finally develop that same facility there are people who whine about it. While whiners I'd suggest you make plans to stop watching the WTA because more than likely more women are going to start developing their serve. Least I hope so.

moby
Aug 29th, 2012, 05:43 PM
Serena made 17 of 17 first serves in the 2nd set of the 2001 US Open semifinal against Legend, losing only one point. That might be the best serving performance in a single set I've ever seen.

Peggy Mitchell
Aug 29th, 2012, 05:51 PM
Fail thread.

kyk710
Aug 29th, 2012, 05:52 PM
Better Serve than Serena?
This question/thread title would only be relevant at menstennisforums.com. Mods: Please redirect.

bandabou
Aug 29th, 2012, 05:56 PM
:lol: But it's good to see girls coming up with good serves. Certainly a lil bit of Serena-effect going on in the juniors.

SwingVolley93
Aug 29th, 2012, 05:57 PM
y'all are a bunch of prudes and need to go out and get laid :wavey:

Got all your man-pannies in a bunch

Singleniacki
Aug 29th, 2012, 05:59 PM
y'all are a bunch of prudes and need to go out and get laid :wavey:

Got all your man-pannies in a bunch

It's fine dont stress about it, we are just having a friendly discussion! :hug: So, how have you been? Are things are going well with your professional modelling career? :confused:

dangalak
Aug 29th, 2012, 06:00 PM
The "serve-bot" thing is stupid. Most top ATP players use their serve effectively. Yet when a few women - most notably Williams - begin to finally develop that same facility there are people who whine about it. While whiners I'd suggest you make plans to stop watching the WTA because more than likely more women are going to start developing their serve. Least I hope so.

Bullshit. The word serve bot is thrown around WAAAAY more often when talking about ATP players. :lol: Imaginary persecution again. :mad:

cowsonice
Aug 29th, 2012, 06:03 PM
Have you seen Burdette choke? She does it a lot during the important NCAA matches. So no, her serve is not better than Serena's.

duhcity
Aug 29th, 2012, 06:06 PM

The serve-bot discussion on the ATP was so major they changed the court speed to combat it - the ATP gets plenty shit about it.
No one's singing the praises of the quality in Isner-Mahut

SerenaSlam
Aug 29th, 2012, 07:10 PM
SwingVolley didn't catch the match. I hadn't either but just did. And to one mention this as an "achievement" and also add that serve isn't just about speed but placement as well is enough for me to conclude that they didn't see one point of the match. The entire first set not one serve had speed nor did one serve have good placement. You all are welcome and the discussion has ended. Have a Blessed Day

faboozadoo15
Aug 29th, 2012, 07:15 PM
:lol: Everyone could lighten up a bit.

It would be nice to have another American with a big serve. The rest are grinders except Keys and Coco.

danieln1
Aug 29th, 2012, 07:24 PM
Golden Serve :spit:

I prefer a Golden Set :drool:

SweetSeduction
Jul 29th, 2013, 07:24 PM
Mallory Burdette of the United States won every single point on her own serve in the first set against Hredecka

OMG hahaha who is this Swingvolley93...legendary

Miss Amor
Jul 29th, 2013, 08:01 PM
OMG hahaha who is this Swingvolley93...legendary

Your previous account obviously.

BineMachine
Jul 29th, 2013, 08:07 PM
:lol::facepalm:

leftbrian
Jul 29th, 2013, 08:08 PM
Serena made 17 of 17 first serves in the 2nd set of the 2001 US Open semifinal against Legend, losing only one point. That might be the best serving performance in a single set I've ever seen.

:cool:

50Sense
Jul 29th, 2013, 08:16 PM
:lol: Wait but didn't Serena do that at Wimbledon? I know she's done it recently.

Bad Blood
Jul 29th, 2013, 08:20 PM
:lol: Wait but didn't Serena do that at Wimbledon? I know she's done it recently.

She did it against Kirilenko on clay somewhere, possibly Madrid? She won the 2nd set without dropping a single point on serve

KleineBiere
Jul 29th, 2013, 08:29 PM
She did it against Kirilenko on clay somewhere, possibly Madrid? She won the 2nd set without dropping a single point on serve

http://img3.fotos-hochladen.net/uploads/servestat7zlkby3feo.png (http://www.fotos-hochladen.net)

:yeah:

caroalltheway
Jul 29th, 2013, 11:09 PM
Burdette is clearly a better server than Ree. Ree needs to prepare to get her weave snatched.

Nosferatu Zodd
Jul 29th, 2013, 11:53 PM
http://i.minus.com/i4ifnlD0w7zFa.gif

http://i.minus.com/in2PuWUR22zH.gif

Yawnnnnnnnn....

tennisbum79
Jul 30th, 2013, 12:26 AM

Let's not get ahead of ourselves.
Mallory Burdette just had a good day.

I bet her server is NOT better than a multitude of WTA players not named Serena Williams or Sam Stosur or Nadia Petrova, etc...