PDA

View Full Version : USO R1: Bertens d. Mchale 6-4 4-6 6-3

Barktra
Aug 29th, 2012, 02:29 AM
:eek:

Mchale has been out with a illness so she was rusty and she left to many balls in the middle of court for bertens to wack

Pump-it-UP
Aug 29th, 2012, 02:31 AM
I can't believe Pam Shriver's on court interview. :facepalm: Asking her to explain to the crowd why she took a toilet break after the 2nd set, telling her that this was an unpopular result because she beat an American.... :o:help:

Purple_Rain
Illness or not, Xtina can't push like this and be successful. Needs to hit bigger forehands, play closer to the baseline and come to net more.

Impressed by Bertens' serve and forehand. Never seen her play before, though, so I don't know if this was normal or just a great day for her.

DeliriousPotato
Nice win for Kiki, although that fistpump (kind of) directed at McHale at 30-0 in the last game was a bit urgh :(

hingisGOAT
Aug 29th, 2012, 02:33 AM
XTina couldn't figure out WTF she was doing all match long. Very bad performance. First set, Kiki played pretty well but Christina barely hit any winners. Second set, Christina plays more aggressive. Final set, errors everywhere. Christina couldn't decide to hit with topspin or flat, power or moonball, up or back... just very indecisive. Her terrible break point conversion reflects this. Also, Bertens probably hit a dozen or so drop shots or mis-hits that landed short in the court, and McHale put away only 1 of them I think. She is very slow at recognizing a short ball, probably because she plays SO far back.

Not impressed!

As for Bertens, first of all her toilet break was RIGHT IN THE MIDDLE of McHale's service game. She would then be broken. I mean come on! Engzell did a shitty job as the umpire overall. Also I don't know if I've ever heard a player with such a deep, manly scream. Scared the crap out of me every single time. But the girl can serve, at least.

TheBoiledEgg
Shriver really ask her that ?? Wtf ??

Rest Maria!
:eek:

Mchale has been out with a illness so she was rusty and she left to many balls in the middle of court like she always does

Fixed. :) Bertens avenged her outrageous RG defeat, a match she shouldn't have lost. So it's all good in thee end. :yeah:

quenelle
Aug 29th, 2012, 02:35 AM
I think it's perfectly reasonable to ask a player why they ran off court in the middle of a game.

Anyway, Kiki played great, very happy for her.

Elwin.
Aug 29th, 2012, 02:35 AM
Kiki :worship: Not the best match, but she's improving so much lately. If only she would have played juniors, would have been alot better already. But :yeah: for finishing school first.

Craig.
Aug 29th, 2012, 02:36 AM
I can't believe Pam Shriver's on court interview. :facepalm: Asking her to explain to the crowd why she took a toilet break after the 2nd set, telling her that this was an unpopular result because she beat an American.... :o:help:

Kiki's face when she said that :hysteric:

Valanga
Aug 29th, 2012, 02:36 AM
Potty break right in the middle of the opponent's service game? How is this even allowed?

Elwin.
Aug 29th, 2012, 02:37 AM
XTina couldn't figure out WTF she was doing all match long. Very bad performance. First set, Kiki played pretty well but Christina barely hit any winners. Second set, Christina plays more aggressive. Final set, errors everywhere. Christina couldn't decide to hit with topspin or flat, power or moonball, up or back... just very indecisive. Her terrible break point conversion reflects this. Also, Bertens probably hit a dozen or so drop shots or mis-hits that landed short in the court, and McHale put away only 1 of them I think. She is very slow at recognizing a short ball, probably because she plays SO far back.

Not impressed!

As for Bertens, first of all her toilet break was RIGHT IN THE MIDDLE of McHale's service game. She would then be broken. I mean come on! Engzell did a shitty job as the umpire overall. Also I don't know if I've ever heard a player with such a deep, manly scream. Scared the crap out of me every single time. But the girl can serve, at least.

Kiki had to puke. She could have done it on court also :hysteric: At least Kiki didn't yell COME ON at every error of her opponent :lol: Classy

Vikapower
Aug 29th, 2012, 02:38 AM
:facepalm: Christina FGS what the hell was that !?

duhcity
Aug 29th, 2012, 02:39 AM
Was there, literally about 80 people there were family or friends of McHale, wearing McHale's Navy hats.
And there was maybe max 250people in there when I left.

hingisGOAT
Aug 29th, 2012, 02:46 AM
I mean would someone explain to me how you can just up and go take a piss when your opponent is in the middle of serving? Is that not at the very LEAST a freaking time violation? Louise Engzell, you could tell she did not want to be there at all :rolleyes:

quenelle
Aug 29th, 2012, 02:51 AM
I mean would someone explain to me how you can just up and go take a piss when your opponent is in the middle of serving? Is that not at the very LEAST a freaking time violation? Louise Engzell, you could tell she did not want to be there at all :rolleyes:

Personally, I prefer it if players don't have to stay on the court to vomit.

duhcity
Aug 29th, 2012, 02:53 AM

Funny thing about Louis Engzell - She overruled a serve out in Kiki's second(?) service game on the line right by her on a GP. It was then challenged and shown to be smack on the line. She started shaking her head, and picked up the chair ump phone :lol:

Melange
Aug 29th, 2012, 02:58 AM

Pam follow your destiny as a Kennedy, run for office and use your intellect for grilling republicans

Melange
Aug 29th, 2012, 03:00 AM
Personally, I prefer it if players don't have to stay on the court to vomit.

hingisGOAT likes it

New_balls_please
Aug 29th, 2012, 03:41 AM

THIS :o

I was on the court and I felt awful for Kiki.
Freaking Pam always making people feel uncomfortable :help:

Serenita
Aug 29th, 2012, 03:58 AM
THIS :o

I was on the court and I felt awful for Kiki.
Freaking Pam always making people feel uncomfortable :help:
:lol::lol: :lol:its her job!

welldone Kiki :bounce:

cowsonice
Aug 29th, 2012, 04:06 AM

Typical Pam. IIRC, she asked the exact same question with Caroline when she defeated Melanie Oudin.

shoparound
Aug 29th, 2012, 04:25 AM
Wow how many people on GM were on this court? i was there too!

shoparound
Aug 29th, 2012, 04:25 AM
And on the match, Xtina played pretty bad, UE everywhere. Should've beaten Kiki for sure.

Melange
Aug 29th, 2012, 04:26 AM
Typical Pam. IIRC, she asked the exact same question with Caroline when she defeated Melanie Oudin.

You're gonna be playing Wick-mayer

New_balls_please
Aug 29th, 2012, 04:30 AM
Wow how many people on GM were on this court? i was there too!

Inger67 and Silverwhite were there too ;) :cheer:

tenisamulo
Aug 29th, 2012, 04:32 AM

:happy: Oh Pam. She always finds another level :cuckoo:

Inger67
Aug 29th, 2012, 04:34 AM
:cheer:

So many posters here. We have maybe even crossed paths and didn't even know it :lol:

simonsaystennis
Aug 29th, 2012, 04:45 AM
Christina :sad: No solid match play since the Olympics. Really a disappointing tournament for her. If she had been 100%, she'd have had the chance to go far with this draw. First time since Wimbledon 2011 that Christina hasn't made a grand slam 3rd round :sad:

shoparound
Aug 29th, 2012, 04:49 AM
which seat did you guys have?

Inger67
Aug 29th, 2012, 05:07 AM
We were sitting in the bleacher type seats off to the side of the baseline in the corner by the sideline too. The side that Kiki was sitting on, but opposite of the sideline she was on. If that makes sense :lol: What about you?

CoryAnnAvants#1
Aug 29th, 2012, 05:17 AM
usopen.org: No. 21 seed Crashes In First Round McFail :lol:

shoparound
Aug 29th, 2012, 05:26 AM
We were sitting in the bleacher type seats off to the side of the baseline in the corner by the sideline too. The side that Kiki was sitting on, but opposite of the sideline she was on. If that makes sense :lol: What about you?

I was on the opposite end of the players chairs up on the bleacher type of place. There weren't many people near that spot lol

Inger67
Aug 29th, 2012, 05:29 AM
yeah there were not :lol: I like sitting up higher personally since you can see more of everything. And that court is nice because everything is still so close.

I don't really like Ashe at all :o

Purple_Rain
Aug 29th, 2012, 05:30 AM

Someone reads TF.... :lol:

Wert.
Aug 29th, 2012, 06:49 AM
Chris :o :sad:

bandabou
Aug 29th, 2012, 07:27 AM
Hmmmmm....the timing of the toilet-break was odd, but I guess..if you gotta go you gotta go, no?! :shrug: :lol:

Nice win by Kiki.

Tim de Misafan
Aug 29th, 2012, 08:20 AM
It wasn't just 'a piss'. She felt sick since the second set and in that second game of the third set she couldn't hold it anymore and she just had to throw up.

Petkovic
Aug 29th, 2012, 08:34 AM

:lol: Nice win for Kiki!

Sombrerero loco
Aug 29th, 2012, 08:40 AM
chris :facepalm: epic fail here

JamieMU30
Aug 29th, 2012, 08:49 AM
Another EPIC fail by McFail herself...Congrats, Kiki:cool: Always good when the trash is taken out early...McFail is so abysmal the last few months, I am surprised the scoreline was as close...Sloane Stephens is such a better player than McFail and I can't wait until next year when McFail plummets down the rankings and Sloane races past her...Sloane is so much more impressive in every aspect than McFail; better personality, more exciting game to watch and doesn't make club-level errors that most geriatrics would make:haha:...Just like Wozniacki, players on tour are figuring McFail's game out already...You can't push and push and push and expect to win matches...Just like Wozniacki, as soon as you come up against a big hitter, your shitty game will be exposed for it's uselessness...McFail seeded at any GS is disgusting and it shows how weak the tour is right now...Onwards and upwards, Kiki:cool:

Juju Nostalgique
Aug 29th, 2012, 08:52 AM
No hay nada más friki
que perder contra un kiki...

:smash:

GoofyDuck
Aug 29th, 2012, 09:20 AM
revenge in her homeslam!!! :aparty:

Jane Lane
Aug 29th, 2012, 02:08 PM
:rolls: Didn't Petko run off the court to puke that time too?

*insert Chris Crocker gif here* LEAVE KIKI ALONE. :hysteric:

DragonFlame
Aug 29th, 2012, 02:31 PM
YES! :bounce: Keep moving up girl!

flareon
Aug 29th, 2012, 03:02 PM
Xtina :facepalm:

SilverSlam
Aug 29th, 2012, 03:39 PM
DEAD at McFail and Pam :hysteric:

Raiden
Aug 29th, 2012, 03:52 PM
I can't believe Pam Shriver's on court interview. Asking her to explain to the crowd why she took a toilet break after the 2nd set, telling her that this was an unpopular result because she beat an American.... :o:help::facepalm:

Is Pam trying to evoke the obvious feelings of Adolf Hitler (in the aftermath of Jesse Owens beating the local)?

A-Bond
Aug 29th, 2012, 05:25 PM
Well done Kiki!!! This is great, GL in Round 2!!!

Patrick345
Aug 29th, 2012, 05:29 PM
If you want to know what a strange year it has been behind the top 8, McHale is another example. She hasn´t progressed at all this year, but moved up around 20 spots in the rankings. :tape: