PDA

View Full Version : Wozniacki out of top 10?

fouc
Aug 29th, 2012, 02:02 AM
If Bartoli wins her next match, Caroline is out of top 10. how many weeks has she been there? How much is she defending till the end of the year?

Brad[le]y.
Aug 29th, 2012, 02:06 AM
She;s been there since May 2009.

DeliriousPotato
Aug 29th, 2012, 02:08 AM
If that is true, then bye bye Top 10, because even if Bartoli has been sucking, I don't see her losing to Oprandi...

Jimmie48
Aug 29th, 2012, 02:08 AM
She had the longest running record, Vika will now take over, being in the Top 10 uninterrupted since 2010.

She's not defending much, didn't go far at Bejing and Tokyo and playing an additional tournament in Seol. But honestly, wouldn't rule out R1 or R2 exits there as well.

Patrick345
Aug 29th, 2012, 02:09 AM
Has a year starting #1 ever dropped out of the top 10 in one season without a serious injury? That must be another record for Wozniacki. :tape:

Patrick345
Aug 29th, 2012, 02:10 AM
If that is true, then bye bye Top 10, because even if Bartoli has been sucking, I don't see her losing to Oprandi...

I can easily see that, if Oprandi can repeat her performance from the Petkovic match. Did you see Errani today? Bartoli won six games against that kind of hardcourt game. She is toast.

Jimmie48
Aug 29th, 2012, 02:13 AM
Has a year starting #1 ever dropped out of the top 10 in one season without a serious injury? That must be another record for Wozniacki. :tape:

Yes, like I said, her fall has exceeded everybody's expectations. I can't remember anything like this, she has become a total mess in less than a year.

MiiMo
Aug 29th, 2012, 02:16 AM
It was obvious to me that she was going fall outside top 10 soon or late this year ! Poor Caroline, hope she'll do better next year

Barktra
Aug 29th, 2012, 02:17 AM

Well she has this knee injury :shrug:

doni1212
Aug 29th, 2012, 02:18 AM
Come on Marion!!! Do us all a favor!

Wiggly
Aug 29th, 2012, 02:19 AM
She'll lose whatever points she won from the YEC as there's no way she's making it this year.

RenaSlam.
Aug 29th, 2012, 02:21 AM
Well she has this knee injury :shrug:

That she has only had since New Haven.

Celest
Aug 29th, 2012, 02:22 AM

Similar to Hewitt's career path, just without the results:

2000/2009 :- First Slam SF at USO, finish year top 10
2001/2010 :- Defend SF at USO, don't reach a Slam SF elsewhere, finish year #1
2002/2011 :- Make SF elsewhere, defend SF at USO, finish year #1
2003/2012 :- Don't make a Slam SF, drop out top 10, Hewitt finished the year 17th.

Mynarco
Aug 29th, 2012, 02:23 AM
Wasn't Woz #1 into AO? :o

I can see Bartoli lose to Oprandi though

Barktra
Aug 29th, 2012, 02:25 AM
That she has only had since New Haven.

I mean I kind of feel like she would have won matches here and stayed in the top ten if she didn't have this knee injury and was 100%

plokploky
Aug 29th, 2012, 02:28 AM
If cibulkova, ivanovic or kirilenko makes semis, I think woz will be out of top 10.

Jimmie48
Aug 29th, 2012, 02:29 AM
If cibulkova, ivanovic or kirilenko makes semis, I think woz will be out of top 10.

That's not necessary, Bartoli has to win one match, that's all that's needed.

Rolling-Thunder
Aug 29th, 2012, 02:31 AM
Its surprising that she has remained in the top 10 considering how she's played.

She can look forward to 2013 as a spring board for a comeback considering her poor 2012. So long, good bye.

plokploky
Aug 29th, 2012, 02:32 AM
I would genuinely put more money on kirilenko beating serena, than bartoli winning to someone who can dropshot.

dsanders06
Aug 29th, 2012, 02:36 AM

Including those with serious injuries, Graf in '97 and Davenport in both 2002 and 2006. But, excluding those with serious injuries, I can't think of anyone... Jankovic came close in 2009 but saved herself with that run in Tokyo towards the end of the year.

Similar to Hewitt's career path, just without the results:

2000/2009 :- First Slam SF at USO, finish year top 10
2001/2010 :- Defend SF at USO, don't reach a Slam SF elsewhere, finish year #1
2002/2011 :- Make SF elsewhere, defend SF at USO, finish year #1
2003/2012 :- Don't make a Slam SF, drop out top 10, Hewitt finished the year 17th.

Another defensive grinder who after a couple of years in the elite got figured out by the other players and didn't develop enough new wrinkles to his game to keep the aura he had at his peak. Radwanska next. :oh: </schadenfraude>

dsanders06
Aug 29th, 2012, 02:37 AM
I would genuinely put more money on kirilenko beating serena, than bartoli winning to someone who can dropshot.

Yup, I really wouldn't be atall shocked to see Bartoli crash out and save Woz's ass.

Can Kirilenko leapfrog Woz if she makes R4?

homogenius
Aug 29th, 2012, 02:37 AM
expected :shrug:

MiiMo
Aug 29th, 2012, 02:41 AM
Please Marion make it !

Brad[le]y.
Aug 29th, 2012, 02:41 AM
Another defensive grinder who after a couple of years in the elite got figured out by the other players and didn't develop enough new wrinkles to his game to keep the aura he had at his peak. Radwanska next. :oh: </schadenfraude>

Except people didn't 'figure her out'. They always have known how to beat her but the execution is difficult. She's just making things easier for them by making club level errors.

dsanders06
Aug 29th, 2012, 02:46 AM
Except people didn't 'figure her out'. They always have known how to beat her but the execution is difficult.

Disagree. People used to think you had to go for huge shots from the first strike (and thus would usually collapse in a heap of errors), and have only figured out in the last 18 months that you can afford to rally with her and wait for a good opportunity to go for a big shot, because you're probably going to be able to chase down Wozniacki's harmless shots. That's certainly what Begu did.

She's just making things easier for them by making club level errors.

Yes, but why is she making those errors? She's not being more aggressive.

This is a logical fallacy of the Woztards' arguments: they used to say back in the day that, when Wozniacki's opponents would make a HUGE amount of errors, they'd say that Wozniacki MADE them make those errors. Yet now, when it's Woz who's making more errors, they claim that those errors were entirely in Woz's control (contrary to the logic of their old argument, that unforced errors can be 'induced' by someone's opponent). You can't have it both ways :lol: If Woz is only making errors now because of HER mistakes rather than anything her opponents are doing, then the same applies to all the big-hitting opponents who Woz beat back in the day only by those opponents clocking up gargantuan UE counts.

Jimmie48
Aug 29th, 2012, 02:47 AM
</schadenfraude>

I'm currently experiencing Schadenfreude over that spelling fail...

Brad[le]y.
Aug 29th, 2012, 02:49 AM
This is a logical fallacy of the Woztards' arguments: they used to say back in the day that, when Wozniacki's opponents would make a HUGE amount of errors, they'd say that Wozniacki MADE them make those errors. Yet now, when it's Woz who's making more errors, they claim that those errors were entirely in Woz's control (contrary to the logic of their old argument, that unforced errors can be 'induced' by someone's opponent). You can't have it both ways :lol:

I'm NOT a Woztard :p I don't dislike her but I'm not a fan :lol:

I believe she makes these errors because she's not as concentrated as she used to be. I think she's lost dedication IMO.

each to their own I guess. :p

dsanders06
Aug 29th, 2012, 02:51 AM
I'm currently experiencing Schadenfreude over that spelling fail...

Wow, that's the first zinger you've ever landed :lol: :hi5:

plokploky
Aug 29th, 2012, 02:51 AM
Yup, I really wouldn't be atall shocked to see Bartoli crash out and save Woz's ass.

Can Kirilenko leapfrog Woz if she makes R4?

Do you really think caro would have made this easy to be kicked out of top 10?

She cleverly realised marion will fail to oprandi, and kirilenko will have to get to semis AT LEAST to leapfrog her. The only other viable candidate is cibulkova, and she lost a set to larsson. I have some domi will hit a hot streak, but she hasn't sone that in a slam since, what, 2009? 2012 RG and 2011 Wimbl don't count.

Mynarco
Aug 29th, 2012, 02:52 AM
I'm NOT a Woztard :p I don't dislike her but I'm not a fan :lol:

I believe she makes these errors because she's not as concentrated as she used to be. I think she's lost dedication IMO.

each to their own I guess. :p

:lol: I am pretty sure you had her in your sig before :oh:

justineheninfan
Aug 29th, 2012, 02:52 AM
Except people didn't 'figure her out'. They always have known how to beat her but the execution is difficult.

It was never that difficult. If it was she would have made a slam final in her two years ranked #1 which she couldnt. Anyone could beat her even at her best, just look at her losses from summer 2010-end of 2011, including beatdowns in slams to journeywomen or has been second tier players. She was never the real #1, she was only there due to the terible ranking system, all the injuries, and playing 30 events a year.

Blu€
Aug 29th, 2012, 02:53 AM
This is a logical fallacy of the Woztards' arguments: they used to say back in the day that, when Wozniacki's opponents would make a HUGE amount of errors, they'd say that Wozniacki MADE them make those errors. Yet now, when it's Woz who's making more errors, they claim that those errors were entirely in Woz's control (contrary to the logic of their old argument, that unforced errors can be 'induced' by someone's opponent). You can't have it both ways :lol: If Woz is only making errors now because of HER mistakes rather than anything her opponents are doing, then the same applies to all the big-hitting opponents who Woz beat back in the day only by those opponents clocking up gargantuan UE counts.

:confused::confused: So you saying that UEs are either white or black? You are clearly trolling because it's damn obvious when a player hits an UE because of their own fault or because the other player is pressuring your shots and you rush things, for example.

Brad[le]y.
Aug 29th, 2012, 02:55 AM
:lol: I am pretty sure you had her in your sig before :oh:

I considered myself a semi-fan once. But her game started to bore me to death more and more. I guess I just felt bad for all the flack she was getting. :p

Lunaticalm
Aug 29th, 2012, 03:43 AM
She's fine tuning her game to be more aggressive at the cost of consistency. In the long term I do feel like her efforts will be will rewarded IMHO.

Stonerpova
Aug 29th, 2012, 03:54 AM
She's fine tuning her game to be more aggressive at the cost of consistency. In the long term I do feel like her efforts will be will rewarded IMHO.

It looked like she was headed in that direction at Wimbledon. Even though she lost to Paszek I thought she played a nice, relatively aggressive match. But since losing that one she has become even more passive than she was at the start of the year. She's a mess right now no matter how you slice it. She should call it a season IMO, and spend some time getting healthy and resting.

Deestruction
Aug 29th, 2012, 04:03 AM
It was never that difficult. If it was she would have made a slam final in her two years ranked #1 which she couldnt. Anyone could beat her even at her best, just look at her losses from summer 2010-end of 2011, including beatdowns in slams to journeywomen or has been second tier players. She was never the real #1, she was only there due to the terible ranking system, all the injuries, and playing 30 events a year.

I have to be honest as a former fan of woz i have to agree, i really thought that after 2010 season she was gonna get so much better and imo i use to like her game, but then 2011 came and she was never the same. I mean i really dunno what to say about her really. I hope she will find a way to get better in her game and her mental but right now she just doesnt have what it takes. :shrug:

King Halep
Aug 29th, 2012, 04:11 AM
Disagree. People used to think you had to go for huge shots from the first strike (and thus would usually collapse in a heap of errors), and have only figured out in the last 18 months that you can afford to rally with her and wait for a good opportunity to go for a big shot, because you're probably going to be able to chase down Wozniacki's harmless shots. That's certainly what Begu did.

Yes, but why is she making those errors? She's not being more aggressive.

Previously if they tried to rally with her, they would have success for a set and a half then get tired because she was fitter and mentally stronger than them. She would end up winning third set 6-1. So many Russians did that. You cant really compare her game now with previous though, because she is not playing the exact same way, she has a lot more distractions now.

The Kaz
Aug 29th, 2012, 04:15 AM
The thought of either Kirilenko or that pathetic excuse of a person Cibulkova being top 10 is just :hysteric:

Save tennis Marion :sobbing:

King Halep
Aug 29th, 2012, 04:15 AM
I have to be honest as a former fan of woz i have to agree, i really thought that after 2010 season she was gonna get so much better and imo i use to like her game, but then 2011 came and she was never the same. I mean i really dunno what to say about her really. I hope she will find a way to get better in her game and her mental but right now she just doesnt have what it takes. :shrug:

Why are you a former fan?

King Halep
Aug 29th, 2012, 04:19 AM
Wow, that's the first zinger you've ever landed :lol: :hi5:

Not true, his best lines are usually reserved for Rory

King Halep
Aug 29th, 2012, 04:22 AM

or it will go to shit and she will revert to her original game, after changing coaches many times. problem is that for a total transformation to work, she needs to practice a lot, but she is practising less now because she needs to watch golf more

duhcity
Aug 29th, 2012, 04:23 AM
Do you really think caro would have made this easy to be kicked out of top 10?

She cleverly realised marion will fail to oprandi, and kirilenko will have to get to semis AT LEAST to leapfrog her. The only other viable candidate is cibulkova, and she lost a set to larsson. I have some domi will hit a hot streak, but she hasn't sone that in a slam since, what, 2009? 2012 RG and 2011 Wimbl don't count.

I'm sorry, did anyone else see this? :lol:

When was the last time Serena won a slam? Everything after 1999 Us Open don't count.

gc-spurs
Aug 29th, 2012, 04:42 AM

When was the last time Serena won a slam? Everything after 1999 Us Open don't count.

Hahahahahaha!

When was the last time someone not named Caroline was number 1? Victoria and Maria don't count #stanlogic

Deestruction
Aug 29th, 2012, 05:00 AM
Why are you a former fan?

i just got tired of her, she was just not the player i thought she was, i had total faith in her around 2008 - 2010 but after those years, her game just got so much more boring to watch and at that time some players who were injured started to beat her again, and then she just got so lazy even though she was number one at the time. But i do admit i hope to see her get well soon, mentally and physically.

Vikapower
Aug 29th, 2012, 05:10 AM
This is a logical fallacy of the Woztards' arguments: they used to say back in the day that, when Wozniacki's opponents would make a HUGE amount of errors, they'd say that Wozniacki MADE them make those errors. Yet now, when it's Woz who's making more errors, they claim that those errors were entirely in Woz's control (contrary to the logic of their old argument, that unforced errors can be 'induced' by someone's opponent). You can't have it both ways If Woz is only making errors now because of HER mistakes rather than anything her opponents are doing, then the same applies to all the big-hitting opponents who Woz beat back in the day only by those opponents clocking up gargantuan UE counts.

:lol: The Wozniacki fans never understood anything about her game though there were a few after the US Open against Kuznetsova last year who recognized that Wozniacki isn't the one making her opponents produce errors which would be in that case noted as forced winners for her but not as unforced errors for the opponent who generally had a lot or a least more than her winning shots lol.

That department of her game is so low in average contrary to typical offensive-minded counter-punchers (Kerber, Radwanska etc.) that many or at least few finally recognized Wozniacki as being just a simple/plain pusher/retriever.

In Wozzy's glory-days, her fans spent enormous time trying to paint her game as it was not inventing all sorts of patterns or stuff she'd do on the court :hysteric: I mean, many Wozzy fans probably feel today to have been totally betrayed by their sunshine and her fakeistery.

Michalka
Aug 29th, 2012, 05:48 AM
hopefully marion can finish the job

that girl needs a break out of the top 10, maybe it will do her more good

Wiggly
Aug 29th, 2012, 06:16 AM
She'll now get much harder draws.
Tough to get back when you get Serena or Maria in the 4R.

spencercarlos
Aug 29th, 2012, 07:22 AM
Yes, like I said, her fall has exceeded everybody's expectations. I can't remember anything like this, she has become a total mess in less than a year.
She has struggled for more than a year, its just that her delusional fans were gloating around because she still had 2010 points to maintain her number one... but she has been a mess since the clay court season of last year.

Juju Nostalgique
Aug 29th, 2012, 10:31 AM
Allez Marion! Complete the full saving of tennis! :rocker2:

tejmeglekvár
Aug 29th, 2012, 10:50 AM
I can see Cake losing to Dropshot Dame. :spit:

She'll now get much harder draws.
Tough to get back when you get Serena or Maria in the 4R.

Or she can get Radwanska. :lol:
But she isnt out of top12 yet, and girls behind her also have points to defend after USO. I guess main question is how injured she is, can she play Asian swing, etc. She didnt looked that bad in NewHaven before injury that would indicate a loss to Begu.

plokploky
Aug 29th, 2012, 11:40 AM

I was actually referring to the fact that she hadn't reached the semis since 2009, but as it was like 2:45 in the morning, I phrased it quite shitly cause I was tired. I am a big fan of her, you can see Domi in my sig, but she has not got to the semis for ages, and even then, only once, so the chance for her to do it again is improbable. Also, she lost a set to LARSSON today. can't see her winning against taro or vincii.