PDA

View Full Version : Up to 10 hurt in shooting near Empire State Bldg; gunman dead

pov
Aug 24th, 2012, 02:30 PM
http://content.usatoday.com/communities/ondeadline/post/2012/08/3-or-4-wounded-in-shooting-near-empire-state-building/1

As many as 10 people have been injured in a shooting outside the Empire State Building in Manhattan, NBC News reports.

The gunman, who was firing indiscriminately, is dead, the AP says.

Wigglytuff
Aug 24th, 2012, 02:43 PM
ugh!!!

we are by there all the time.

i dont understand how he got a gun? nyc gun control is no joke. although thanks to the monsters at the NRA its gotten easier....

pov
Aug 24th, 2012, 03:34 PM
Interesting that with the US Open on and the shooting being just a few blocks from Penn Station, there is little interest in this event on a tennis forum

J.Bravo
Aug 24th, 2012, 03:54 PM
Interesting that with the US Open on and the shooting being just a few blocks from Penn Station, there is little interest in this event on a tennis forum

They may have become desensitized due to the fact this is the third mass shooting in 2 months.

Super Dave
Aug 24th, 2012, 04:57 PM

It was my first thought, actually..."New York"?!

So sick of these f*ckers ruining other peoples' lives.

King Halep
Aug 25th, 2012, 10:10 AM
The NRA logic is that if everyone carries a concealed gun, they can all take shots at a gunman in one of the many mass shootings that take place. If supposedly personnel trained to use guns end up shooting nine bystanders, imagine the carnage when untrained civilians all pull out their concealed guns and try to become the hero.

King Halep
Aug 25th, 2012, 10:10 AM
The gunman shot one person only. Police shot the other nine while trying to shoot the gunman.

This case proves that gun control laws in NYC do not work.

This proves that you are a tool

kwilliams
Aug 25th, 2012, 03:29 PM
So sad. It's even worse because I feel the same old argument happens every time there's a "newsworthy" shooting the U.S. and people make the same points over and over. There seems to be such a huge divide and it's like there's no solution in sight.

pov
Aug 25th, 2012, 03:55 PM
The gunman shot one person only. Police shot the other nine while trying to shoot the gunman.

This case proves that gun control laws in NYC do not work.
Yeah. At the time of the OP the media was framing it like it was a mass shooting.

pov
Aug 25th, 2012, 04:02 PM
So sad. It's even worse because I feel the same old argument happens every time there's a "newsworthy" shooting the U.S. and people make the same points over and over. There seems to be such a huge divide and it's like there's no solution in sight.Yeah. And it's not just about gun control. The polarization on almost all issues seems to be increasing, fueled by politicians and social "leaders" who, rhetoric aside, have little genuine interest in creating a more harmonious society.

ivanban
Aug 25th, 2012, 08:23 PM
How could policemen accidentally shoot NINE people?!? :o :help: :tape:

ptkten
Aug 25th, 2012, 10:15 PM
How could policemen accidentally shoot NINE people?!? :o :help: :tape:

It was in an extremely crowded area and only three people were actually "shot". The other six were just hit by fragments that had ricocheted off things and I'm not sure those six were even hospitalized but yeah, the police should be more careful :tape: