PDA

View Full Version : Gilmore Girls appreciation thread

fantic
Aug 22nd, 2012, 05:32 AM
So there was an entire season of this series in dvd at the library so took it up, for a trial run.

So far sped through the early 2nd season and it's fantastic!

Especially the witty dialogues, I've watched some American dramas/comedies but this definitely tops the list. SOOO hilarious! Quoting so many Golden Age movies and literature is a bonus, too. Where else you see Mencken's Chrestomathy(did I spell right? :lol: ) get mentioned? :lol: For that matter, how about 'Sid & Nancy'? :lol:

Love the character's too, Lorelai is definitely the IT girl (and what a weird name :lol:) & Michel :bowdown: Kirk, Mrs. Kim..so many interesting characters.

And the caricature of Korean culture is hilarious :haha: I mean, of course East Asians are relatively more strict than the West but they're describing like...19th or early 20th century Korean attitude, at the latest 1970s or something :lol: And those actors are Japanese :haha: I really wonder what the creator thought :tape: Some Koreans ARE QUITE devout Christians though, nice catch on that :lol:

Javi.
Aug 22nd, 2012, 07:44 AM
God, I love this series so much. :hearts: I have the complete set and I've watched it several times. It's perfect to rewatch when I'm down
The Seasons from 2-4 are the best, imo, although First one is great as well.

My fave characters are Lorelai, Jess, Michel and Paris Geller but I love all of them actually.
The references to pop culture are throghout the entire series.

Although It's a shame that it loses its focus a bit in the last Seasons

fantic
Aug 22nd, 2012, 08:13 AM
lucky you! maybe I should get the whole box set too.
Yeah I dunno how they manage to reference all those pop culture in their dialogues, it's fantastic :hearts:
I'm so glad the library has all seasons in dvd :lol:

fantic
Aug 22nd, 2012, 08:28 AM
they also 'restored' the (huffle)puff's 'honor' by making it THE secret sorority at Chilton :lol: (compared to puff's lowish image imposed by Rowling :lol:)

The Witch-king
Aug 22nd, 2012, 08:51 AM
It was an entertaining show but I couldn't imagine watching more than one episode a year.

debby
Aug 22nd, 2012, 10:57 AM
It was an entertaining show but I couldn't imagine watching more than one episode a year.

What tv shows do you like ?

I loved this show ! Couldn't get past S2 (didn't find the episodes online with subtitles nor cheap DVDs :o), but I loved it ! God Dean was so fucking annoying :rolleyes: the dialogues are witty and funny, really a nice show to watch.

Alizé Molik
Aug 22nd, 2012, 11:45 AM
Shocked you did not know about this Fantic. The pop culture references (esp. classic film) are really great and they are all through every season.
I just finished watching season 7 (probably the 100th time I have watched all the seasons through) and I still find them entertaining. Things start to take a dive in season 6 but 1-5 is classic.

About the Korean thing: the Laine character is based off one of the producers on the show who was friends with the creator, so Laine/Mrs Kim is kind of an overdone version of that woman's upbringing so not really a comment on all Koreans.

Mary Cherry.
Aug 22nd, 2012, 12:20 PM
I love and miss the Gilmore Girls deeply :sobbing:

Paris Gellar is genius.

gc-spurs
Aug 22nd, 2012, 12:28 PM
I have two thoughts on GG:

FUCK DEAN
TEAM PARIS AS RORYS BFF

And the ultimate choice of my life Logan or Jess. I've never watched a show where I actually can't decide.

Mary Cherry.
Aug 22nd, 2012, 12:37 PM
**SPOILER ALERT**

Anyone else agree that Lorelai should've ended up with Christopher and not Luke? :oh:

Javi.
Aug 22nd, 2012, 12:40 PM
Yes, Dean is really annoying and the worst character of the show by far.
And Yes, Paris is great :hearts:
And among Jess/Logan, Jess all the way :rocker2: You know, the ratings of the show were increased significantly with the introduction of him at the beginning of Season 2.

Javi.
Aug 22nd, 2012, 12:42 PM
Anyone else agree that Lorelai should've ended up with Christopher and not Luke? :oh:

Be careful with the spoilers :scared:

And to answer to your question, obviously not. It was a forced relationship that never really worked (and that part was the weakest of all the show)

Mary Cherry.
Aug 22nd, 2012, 12:46 PM
Do they really count as spoilers if the show finished 5 years ago? :unsure:

Javi.
Aug 22nd, 2012, 12:52 PM
Do they really count as spoilers if the show finished 5 years ago? :unsure:

I know, and I've watched the seven seasons many times but this is for the people here, like the OP, who has only watched the first episodes.
I just think it's good to warn about the spoilers.

Blu€
Aug 22nd, 2012, 01:34 PM
Hell yessssss team _ _ _ _ S_ O _ _ _ R all the way! I hateeeeeeeeeed the other one :o

Anyway the best character by far is Emily! That woman is something else :worship:

Beat
Aug 22nd, 2012, 01:35 PM
i always quite liked this show (apart from the god-awful, yellow-tinted title sequence with that crap song), especially paris, kirk and lane :rocker2: but i also thought the love stories were terrible and lorelai and rory always picked the most retarded and annoying guys.

The Witch-king
Aug 22nd, 2012, 02:03 PM

I loved this show ! Couldn't get past S2 (didn't find the episodes online with subtitles nor cheap DVDs :o), but I loved it ! God Dean was so fucking annoying :rolleyes: the dialogues are witty and funny, really a nice show to watch.

Do I watch TV?

Javi.
Aug 22nd, 2012, 04:41 PM
Just a few examples why I love GG so much:

Wfwrp_N-tIM
3X3oGbrEqY8
C5UXMoNKARs
i7zsNFE0C2I

debby
Aug 22nd, 2012, 05:44 PM
Do I watch TV?

Well, there's Internet. :p

The Crow
Aug 22nd, 2012, 06:03 PM
Lorelai is one of my fav Tv-characters ever. Witty and neurotic :hearts:

Saori Kimura Fan
Aug 22nd, 2012, 06:06 PM

I wish I had known, you could have had the box set I turfed in the bin. :p:) (Blue bin of course, I think that's the correct one one for recycling. We've got more colored bins now than there are snooker balls).

I tried, but I just couldn't get into it at all. One good point for me was Liza Weil (quite attractive and a decent little actress).

There's is one thing I'd love to know though. Did that guy wearing the baseball cap EVER take it off in any episode? SORRY guys, not trying to be a thread nazi.

fantic
Aug 22nd, 2012, 08:36 PM
Hell yessssss team _ _ _ _ S_ O _ _ _ R all the way! I hateeeeeeeeeed the other one :o

Anyway the best character by far is Emily! That woman is something else :worship:

What the hell is that? Oh wait..Chris... :oh: Don't worry about the spoilers, it's all right ;)

Thx for all your replies! It really is a wonderful dramedy, just LOVE the witty banters :hearts: I definitely would want to have Lorelai as a (girl)friend :lol:

Don't be shocked of my ignorance of this gem, I wasn't that into american TV dramas until recently :lol: I did see this dvd set at the local used dvd store (it's now closing :sad: ) but didn't pay attention, should have to thank the library for having the full set! I originally intended to borrow Downton Abbey but it wasn't there, so this was an alternate choice :lol:

And SO much hate for Dean!! :eek: Did he become a nuisance in the later seasons? He doesn't look so bad so far (I just got into the earlier portion of season 2). Well, Jess..so far he's a total jerk but I guess girls luv this kind of 'dangerous' guys :lol:

Javi.
Aug 22nd, 2012, 09:25 PM
^ Dean is bland, boring and flat as a character. Jess is way more interesting: mysterious, dangerous, witty. Although he does not speak very much, he can intellectually challenge Rory.
Anyway you've got to go deeper in the second season and third to know him better.

You're so lucky, you've got still so much to watch :)

Mary Cherry.
Aug 22nd, 2012, 10:42 PM
i7zsNFE0C2I

:haha:

Reminds me, I need to use this GIF way more often

http://i.imgur.com/wyYt4.gif

:oh:

fantic
Aug 22nd, 2012, 11:04 PM
yeah that scene was awesome :lol:

Blu€
Aug 22nd, 2012, 11:37 PM
What the hell is that? Oh wait..Chris... :oh: Don't worry about the spoilers, it's all right ;)

:lol: I at least kept the long name version to make it somehow more difficult to guess :p

Jess was sooooooo annoying, I never understood the love that character got. Always carrying a book around trying to play the cool new fancy guy, Milo probably hasn't even read more than 3 books in his life.

fantic
Aug 23rd, 2012, 12:28 AM
:lol: yeah Jess was annoying and was trying to look too 'cool' :lol: I'll see how his character evolves in the later episodes ;)

Right now watching Romeo & Juliet meeting, poor Brad :sobbing:
Lizel saying Rory looks good dead as one of the reasons for Rory to be Juliet :hysteric:
I do think Lizel looks too old for her part though :lol: Louise and Madeline are dead-on imo :)

fantic
Aug 23rd, 2012, 12:29 AM
Michel as a paranoid calorie-watcher, I can't :happy:

Mrs. Kim's interpretation of Romeo and Juliet;

cautionary tale of what happens when children disobey their parents :haha:

fantic
Aug 23rd, 2012, 12:41 AM
somehow I can't adjust to Tristin being a bad boy, after watching One Tree Hill :sobbing:

DeucesAreWild
Aug 23rd, 2012, 12:47 AM
MesbBk-f7Go

4q4NL0Aq5iQ

fantic
Aug 23rd, 2012, 01:02 AM
Lorelai, Dean, Sookie, Lane were watching one group of Chilton kids perform a certain act of R & J;

in a prehistoric background, replete with grunting :haha:

'what's with all the grunting?'

'Luke will translate for us'

and...Brad, that poor boy, Tristin's 2nd, transferred schools :hysteric:

So Tristin's gone, and enter Liza as a Romeo, a shorter Romeo than Juliet :haha:

fantic
Aug 23rd, 2012, 01:30 AM
the whole groups guest had to cancel the flight due to getting snowed-in.

So all that dinner preparation for them at Independence Inn was in vain; Lorelai, Sookie, & Rory decides to eat those at the huge dining room.

Lorelai; 'Like The Shining, except instead of Jack Nicholson, we have Rune'

..and I also tend to drink coffee more often :hysteric:

fantic
Aug 23rd, 2012, 03:37 AM
Richard in Stars Hollow episode in Season 2;

Rory's room is exactly like mine, storing books all over the place :hysteric:

fantic
Aug 23rd, 2012, 07:59 AM
Now on to that Basket lunch episode; Jess is still a jerk :lol:

Then he says Ayn Rand is a political nut!!

Jess I absolve your sins :kiss:

Andy Rory defending Jess to Lorelai and thinking Fountainhead is a classic...she's getting on my nerves :lol:

fantic
Aug 23rd, 2012, 08:17 AM
Shocked you did not know about this Fantic. The pop culture references (esp. classic film) are really great and they are all through every season.
I just finished watching season 7 (probably the 100th time I have watched all the seasons through) and I still find them entertaining. Things start to take a dive in season 6 but 1-5 is classic.

About the Korean thing: the Laine character is based off one of the producers on the show who was friends with the creator, so Laine/Mrs Kim is kind of an overdone version of that woman's upbringing so not really a comment on all Koreans.

yeah but I'm just watching the episode in which Mrs. Kim does a volte face upon hearing from Lane that Henry is a future doctor..and that antique biz too, emphasizing the materialistic side..well, Park Chunghee autocrat military regime during the 1960s and 70s did strive for economic success to compensate for its lack of political mandate..so Koreans did acquire that 'economic animal' epithet following the Japanese :lol:

And to think that Korea(Chosun dynasty that lasted 500 yrs until 1910) was the ultimate Confucian state (more so than China)..one of the least materialistic regimes ever :lol: (Chosun dynasty really denigrated merchants and scientists)

Are Japanese and Chinese depicted in that negative manner? This isn't the first time that in American TV Korean (or its product) are portrayed in said manner..can't say I'm too comfortable with it :lol:

maybe I'm reading too much into it, but I feel it's like Jews:Europe=Korean:USA , the 'pattern' seems kinda similar here :lol: damn, Europe is too extreme(after all they killed Jews for 'sport' from time to time!), should substitute to USA I guess. Jews->Korean in the USA. That kind of 'subtle' discrimination..(vide Kazan's 'Gentlemen's Agreement')

Kon.
Aug 23rd, 2012, 08:20 AM
I love this show.
The dialogues, all these references and some amazing characters. :worship:

However I've only watched seasons 1-3 so far. I need to watch the rest.
Is season 4 as good as the previous?

fantic
Aug 23rd, 2012, 08:33 AM
I love this show.

Comrade! :wavey: I'm a little behind you though :lol:

Well it's natural that Rory is attracted to Jess I guess. Both luv literature, likely high-minded, so. Even acting like jerks :lol: Birds of a feather truly flock together!

fantic
Aug 23rd, 2012, 08:46 AM
It seems moving school didn't help Brad to escape Paris' wrath, she just challenged a mano-to-mano debate and Brad uttered 'oh God' in dismay :hysteric:

Lorelai and Sookie just noticed Brad shaking and looking pale and commenting on it :haha: L is too cruel :hysteric:

fantic
Aug 23rd, 2012, 09:00 AM
Rory quotes Proust;

'Having company is about making sacrifices'

On Lorelai's selfishness in holding their leftover candies from the guests, Christopher and Sherrie.

Lorelai asks if it's from Martha Stewart :hysteric:

You gotta luv this show :lol:

fantic
Aug 23rd, 2012, 09:23 AM
One of the small delights of watching this series is Lorelai's t shirts or sweaters, the designs on it :lol:

The Witch-king
Aug 23rd, 2012, 09:34 AM
Well, there's Internet. :p

Do I use...oh wait. :mad:

fantic
Aug 23rd, 2012, 09:56 AM
Do I use...oh wait. :mad:

someone is grumpy here :devil:

fantic
Aug 23rd, 2012, 05:50 PM
Michel as a secret courier of new album to Lane with a jogging outfit wearing a hood :happy:

fantic
Aug 23rd, 2012, 06:09 PM
Lorelai to Rory; 'Can I at least call Jess Tess for a while?' :hysteric:

fantic
Aug 23rd, 2012, 08:25 PM
Michel with his impeccable suit, also Barney from HIMYM..these are my favorite characters and I don't even ever wear suits :lol:

Javi.
Aug 23rd, 2012, 08:37 PM
I love this show.

You should try Season 4. It's a great Season as well. The show declines from fifth Season, specially in the Sixth and Seven.

Javi.
Aug 23rd, 2012, 08:46 PM
the whole groups guest had to cancel the flight due to getting snowed-in.

So all that dinner preparation for them at Independence Inn was in vain; Lorelai, Sookie, & Rory decides to eat those at the huge dining room.

Lorelai; 'Like The Shining, except instead of Jack Nicholson, we have Rune'

..and I also tend to drink coffee more often :hysteric:

Yep, that episode is great. Bracebridge dinner. :D. I love how Lorelai make fun of Rune.

fantic
Aug 23rd, 2012, 09:03 PM
Lorelai's mom was fantasizing about Lorelai's supposed marrying decoration theme; Romanovs

L asks; 'Before the firing squad, I assume?'

L's mom tries against Luke; 'What do you think of the Romanovs?'

Luke; 'They probably had it coming'

:hysteric: This is SUCH a gem!! :sobbing:

fantic
Aug 24th, 2012, 01:33 AM
really, was Kennedy Family's dinner as lively as the Gilmore's?

They just quoted Godot & Cezanne while waiting for dinner :hysteric:

fantic
Aug 24th, 2012, 07:02 AM
wow Rory is becoming a real jerk, impulsively jumping on the bus to see Jess and so missed her mom's graduation :lol: And VERY clever 'preemptive strike' blaming herself severely in front of her mom too, she and Jess sure deserve each other :hearts:

fantic
Aug 24th, 2012, 08:36 AM
season 3 is missing from the library :hysteric:

what to do, what to do?

Kon.
Aug 24th, 2012, 09:12 AM
season 3 is missing from the library :hysteric:

what to do, what to do?

Watch online/download? :lol:

fantic
Aug 24th, 2012, 07:01 PM
Watch online/download? :lol:

but do they have English subtitles? :sobbing:

Oermi
Aug 24th, 2012, 08:13 PM
I LOVE GG :hearts:

fantic
Aug 24th, 2012, 08:59 PM
I LOVE GG :hearts:

are your favorite characters Lukes and Sookie :lol: (your avatar)

I thought I borrowed the wrong dvd when I was watching the 1st scene in the 3rd season(went to the neighboring city's public library to borrow it :lol: ), Lorelai kissing Luke at will :(

So after waking up Lorelai was relaying the dream to Rory on the phone and Rory kept asking if Luke was naked :lol:

So of course Lorelai bantered; 'you were in Washington too long'
:lol:
And Paris was shouting while dreaming; 'I did not have sexual relation with that woman'

fantic
Aug 24th, 2012, 09:40 PM
'Leon Troutsky'

:hysteric:

fantic
Aug 25th, 2012, 12:23 AM
Emily's comment on a nice girl killing her husband;

'at least she had a husband to kill'

barb at a husband-less-Lorelai :hysteric:

fantic
Aug 25th, 2012, 06:37 AM
The Mad Men guy was at the auction with Lorelai,'paddle number 17' he looks so young :speakles: And apparently he was SO boring at a date with Lorelai :lol:

And Richard and Emily are getting wittier and wittier :hystic:

Harju.
Aug 25th, 2012, 07:44 AM
LOVES IT.

It's a travesty why this show or any of the actors was not nominated for Emmy.

So many characters that I love. Lauren Graham is perfect as Lorelai Gilmore. She speaks that fast in real life too. Watch any of her interview with Ellen, they're always funny. And then there's Sookie, Luke, Mrs Kim and Paris.

But my most favorite character has got to be Emily Gilmore. That woman is just <3

fantic
Aug 25th, 2012, 08:31 AM
I wonder who's the favorite character by everyone..maybe should take a poll or something :)

C. Drone
Aug 25th, 2012, 12:50 PM
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m5r08uuWQY1rn95k2o1_500.gif
*totally taken out of context*

and Lauren Graham :worship:

Javi.
Aug 25th, 2012, 01:06 PM
I wonder who's the favorite character by everyone..maybe should take a poll or something :)

If I can only choose one, I'd probably say Lorelai.
Lauren Grahan was so robbed an Emmy nomination :sobbing:

Mary Cherry.
Aug 25th, 2012, 02:17 PM

Either Paris or Mrs Kim. No contest.

Kon.
Aug 25th, 2012, 02:29 PM

I have to choose Lorelai for her overall awesomeness.
But Paris is a close second. :worship:

Javi.
Aug 25th, 2012, 03:30 PM
Yep, Paris would be my second choice as well.

Djezonfly
Aug 25th, 2012, 04:50 PM
Miss Patty >>>>>>>>>> the rest

fantic
Aug 25th, 2012, 05:13 PM
If I can only choose one, I'd probably say Lorelai.
Lauren Grahan was so robbed an Emmy nomination :sobbing:

she didn't even get NOMINATED? Not even once? :facepalm:

anyway, my favorite characters are Lorelai, Michel, & Kirk.

Oermi
Aug 25th, 2012, 05:32 PM
are your favorite characters Lukes and Sookie :lol: (your avatar)

I thought I borrowed the wrong dvd when I was watching the 1st scene in the 3rd season(went to the neighboring city's public library to borrow it :lol: ), Lorelai kissing Luke at will :(

So after waking up Lorelai was relaying the dream to Rory on the phone and Rory kept asking if Luke was naked :lol:

So of course Lorelai bantered; 'you were in Washington too long'
:lol:
And Paris was shouting while dreaming; 'I did not have sexual relation with that woman'

YES I LOVE SOOKIE :hearts::hearts::hearts::hearts: my other faves are paris, emily, richard and marty (he's so cute) and of course lorelai and rory :)

i watched the whole show in like a month :D i used to be obsessed.. good times :cool:

C. Drone
Aug 25th, 2012, 06:11 PM
arF5pRh0ing

Luke: You go make her stop.
Lorelai: Im not going over there.
Luke: Why not? Youre a woman.
Lorelai: So what?
Luke: So you have the same parts.
Lorelai: What?
Luke: You shouldnt be scared of it.

:hysteric:

fantic
Aug 25th, 2012, 06:42 PM
Jess being shy with Rory at the Diner after Dean broke up with Rory is totally unconvincing :o

fantic
Aug 25th, 2012, 06:50 PM
Graham was nominated once for Golden Globes and twice for SAG.

fantic
Aug 25th, 2012, 07:04 PM
'Using Titian to score. Even Titian didn't do that' Lorelai after hearing how Richard seduced his dates at the Yale Gallery from Emily :haha:

fantic
Aug 25th, 2012, 07:31 PM
So, is Rory going to Harvard or Yale? :lol:

fantic
Aug 25th, 2012, 08:06 PM
Lorelai trying to fit Visigoths into the conversation with Sookie at her thanksgiving dinner is so endearing :hearts: Maybe she was thinking of you, Javi. :kiss:

Damn I have to finish this series quick so I can move on to Mad Men season 2 & 3, OC season 2, Californication season 1, & Damages season 3 :lol:
Maybe I really should buy the whole set of GG to avoid the hassle :lol:

fantic
Aug 25th, 2012, 08:26 PM
Adam Brody is as cool in GG as in OC :D

fantic
Aug 25th, 2012, 11:12 PM
Lorelai sure knows how to read history.

The reason she gave the complete Thucydides to Richard on his birthday; 'because a partial history would skip all the dirty stuff'

I'm sure she'll appreciate Gibbon too, since all those dirty stuff Gibbon squirreled on those massive multi-lingual footnotes :lol:

fantic
Aug 25th, 2012, 11:23 PM
Trix vs Emily
&
Clara vs Jess
:drool:

Javi.
Aug 25th, 2012, 11:52 PM
Graham was nominated once for Golden Globes and twice for SAG.

Exactly. And she won once Critic Television Awards. But no Emmy nomination :awww:

fantic
Aug 25th, 2012, 11:52 PM
after Don Draper at an auction now it's Charlie Swan at an inn seminar to be Laurelai's 'prospect' :hysteric:

Javi.
Aug 25th, 2012, 11:58 PM
Lorelai trying to fit Visigoths into the conversation with Sookie at her thanksgiving dinner is so endearing :hearts: Maybe she was thinking of you, Javi. :kiss:

Damn I have to finish this series quick so I can move on to Mad Men season 2 & 3, OC season 2, Californication season 1, & Damages season 3 :lol:
Maybe I really should buy the whole set of GG to avoid the hassle :lol:

Some days ago I've started to rewatching GG from where I left it last time (Middle of Third Season). :D

fantic
Aug 26th, 2012, 12:17 AM
preparing for the deposition;

Rory 'How does Emily run her household?'

Lorelai 'Do you remember the rowing scene in 'Ben Hur'? '

fantic
Aug 26th, 2012, 12:21 AM
Exactly. And she won once Critic Television Awards. But no Emmy nomination :awww:

Emmy lost all credibility to me :o Not even nominated once..were other actresses THAT good? :help:

fantic
Aug 26th, 2012, 12:24 AM
Emily reading Lorelai's disposition;

attorney; 'Would you call your mother an extremely critical woman?'

Lorelai; "Long Pause"

:haha: of course Emily was disappointed!

fantic
Aug 26th, 2012, 02:14 AM
So, is Rory going to Harvard or Yale? :lol:

so I browsed some korean blog posts about this drama and met with a spoiler..she's going to Yale :sobbing: And she'll be dating with a son of a millionaire? Typical Korean drama in that respect :lol:

And they of course ALL had a say about it's negative portrayal of Korea :(

fantic
Aug 26th, 2012, 04:06 AM
Dear Emily and Richard
When Sherry goes into labor and asks Rory to be with her at the hospital, Lorelai is reminded of the day Rory was born. Flashbacks tell the story of 16-year-old Lorelai as she learns she is pregnant, decides not to marry Christopher, and ultimately leaves home with her new baby.

This must be one of the most poignant TV episodes I've ever seen :tears: Lorelai :hug:

And I really could appreciate the fear woman in labor would feel..having loved ones present would be a BIG help..

fantic
Aug 26th, 2012, 04:51 AM
Rory...is picking up a fight against Jess about his black eye at Emily's house, when Jess is trying to make a good impression for Emily..unbelievable :facepalm:

fantic
Aug 26th, 2012, 06:09 AM
So Lorelai was explaining Emily's behavior to Richard.
Then Richard begins snickering and wonders if Trix's lover was wearing a Nike shoe.
Lorelai of course catches it and says

' "Just do it" takes on a whole new meaning, doesn't it?'

I can't :hysteric:

Then Richard muses about Emily hiding behind the bushes and thinks it's like a Moliere.

Now, I MUST read plays by Moliere :lol: GG is SO educational! :bowdown:

fantic
Aug 26th, 2012, 08:46 PM
so by the end of the 3rd season Lorelai is 'juggling' Alex, Luke, & Max. Nice job :lol:

wild.river
Aug 27th, 2012, 12:32 AM
gilmore girls :hearts: one of my favourite shows on tv

soapnet has "breakfast in bed" on sundays, so i make my bf watch it with me :lol:

third season is the best one! hope you liked it.

fantic
Aug 27th, 2012, 01:31 AM
gilmore girls :hearts: one of my favourite shows on tv

soapnet has "breakfast in bed" on sundays, so i make my bf watch it with me :lol:

third season is the best one! hope you liked it.

Is that a program or an episode? :lol:

Yeah, I guess the high school period is always the best one.

wild.river
Aug 27th, 2012, 02:20 AM
Is that a program or an episode? :lol:

Yeah, I guess the high school period is always the best one.

it's actually the programming from morning to afternoon where they show 3 episodes each of old cw shows: veronica mars then gilmore girls then one tree hill. i usually watch the first two shows for 6 hours haha (sundays are my stress free days)

fantic
Aug 27th, 2012, 02:33 AM
it's actually the programming from morning to afternoon where they show 3 episodes each of old cw shows: veronica mars then gilmore girls then one tree hill. i usually watch the first two shows for 6 hours haha (sundays are my stress free days)

those guys are wise :lol:

Well, on to season 4 now! I guess the highlight will be Paris meeting Rory at Yale :oh:

wild.river
Aug 27th, 2012, 02:49 AM
those guys are wise :lol:

Well, on to season 4 now! I guess the highlight will be Paris meeting Rory at Yale :oh:

the season 4 finale is a shocker! (i distinctly remember discussing it 8 years ago, with a friend whom i've since lost touch with)

edit- found her on twitter :oh: oh technology.

Javi.
Aug 27th, 2012, 08:56 AM
the season 4 finale is a shocker! (i distinctly remember discussing it 8 years ago, with a friend whom i've since lost touch with)

edit- found her on twitter :oh: oh technology.

The last episodes of Season 4 is one of my favorite parts of the whole show :hearts:
Overall is a pretty good Season.

Re: Paris and Rory in Yale, the episode called Die, Jerk is a gem. :inlove: Although is not one of the most popular episodes of GG, I love it cause I find it really funny.

fantic
Aug 28th, 2012, 04:12 AM
Jason and Lorelai's awkward 1st date :lol:

Historical tour being held at Richard and Emily's house while they're eating dinner :haha:

wild.river
Aug 28th, 2012, 11:48 PM
off topic: bunheads has so many former gg actors. emily, kirk, gypsy, jason, mitchum etc etc

Javi.
Aug 29th, 2012, 07:46 AM
off topic: bunheads has so many former gg actors. emily, kirk, gypsy, jason, mitchum etc etc

I read about it. It's from the creator of GG, Amy Sherman Palladino. Have you watched it? Is it good?
BTW, trivia: The character of Lane Kim is based on Helen Pai, who was Amy's best friend and is also korean.

wild.river
Aug 29th, 2012, 12:58 PM
I read about it. It's from the creator of GG, Amy Sherman Palladino. Have you watched it? Is it good?
BTW, trivia: The character of Lane Kim is based on Helen Pai, who was Amy's best friend and is also korean.

i love bunheards. you can't find that type of dialogue, small town setting, and quirky characters on any other tv show. but it's no gg, obviously.

trivia addendum: and the band "hep alien" is an anagram of helen pai!

Javi.
Aug 29th, 2012, 01:54 PM
i love bunheards. you can't find that type of dialogue, small town setting, and quirky characters on any other tv show. but it's no gg, obviously.

trivia addendum: and the band "hep alien" is an anagram of helen pai!

Good to know. I should give it a try, then.

Mary Cherry.
Aug 29th, 2012, 03:27 PM
I've never heard of this Bunheads until now, must check it out. Amy Sherman Palladino was the brains behind GG, it really wasn't anywhere near as good when she left.

Apparently she said she knew how the show would end but left before it did. Now we'll never know :sobbing:

wild.river
Aug 30th, 2012, 12:24 AM
I've never heard of this Bunheads until now, must check it out. Amy Sherman Palladino was the brains behind GG, it really wasn't anywhere near as good when she left.

Apparently she said she knew how the show would end but left before it did. Now we'll never know :sobbing:

the 7th season isn't that bad :lol: (but the first couple of episodes were definitely awful to watch when rory said "like" a million times)

Mary Cherry.
Aug 30th, 2012, 12:28 AM
Watched a couple of episodes of Bunheads earlier, so many similarities :sobbing: Michelle is basically Lorelai v2.0. That said, I love it already - so many brilliant one-liners and laugh-out-loud moments already.

wild.river
Aug 30th, 2012, 12:36 AM
yes!
i'm so happy you like it. i've been trying to get former gg fans to watch it, but they refuse because the name is so stupid :o

episode 6 is my fav :hearts:

Javi.
Aug 30th, 2012, 06:52 AM
I'm not sure which is GG's worst Season, among sixth and seven. Both main arcs totally fail and it lacks the humor and good feeling of the previous seasons.
Still, I think I prefer Seven, because at least it gets better in the last episodes.

That April girl is so annoying. :sobbing:

fantic
Aug 30th, 2012, 12:42 PM
I feel like season 4 is a bit of a letdown compared to the previous 3. It just doesn't seem very smooth, comic elements included. Well, onto the 5th!

Javi.
Aug 30th, 2012, 01:40 PM
I feel like season 4 is a bit of a letdown compared to the previous 3. It just doesn't seem very smooth, comic elements included. Well, onto the 5th!

Forth Season is quite divisive among fans. I mean, everyone agree that Season 1-3 are excellent and that Season 6-7 sucks, but there is not that much consensus over Fourth.
For me, it has the most developed arc although it's the Season where the show starts to be more dramatic (only to fail, imo :sobbing:). Still, the signs of identity of first Seasons are still there, unlike last Seasons where writers try too hard and the show turns SoapOperistic too many times.

fantic
Aug 30th, 2012, 01:43 PM
I agree it's more dramatic, but comic situations seems a bit forced :lol:

fantic
Aug 30th, 2012, 10:28 PM
when Lorelai was encouraging people to vote to Taylor for pity, I imagined the worst scenario; that the race was a close one and Taylor wins by THOSE votes :hysteric: Thank goodness Taylor only got 10 :lol: Regime change :hearts:

fantic
Aug 30th, 2012, 10:38 PM
you gotta luv it when they characters say that they're into P.G. Wodehouse and finished Edward Gibbon :yeah:

fantic
Aug 30th, 2012, 10:57 PM
Emily's panic room. Code; Emily recites to Lorelai.

1-1...

1-1-1

fantic
Aug 30th, 2012, 11:29 PM
here's a quiz; while Emily and Richard were separated in the early episodes of season 5, Richard was reading Gibbon and Proust. There's one scene in which Emily was reading a book all alone. Who's the author? :p

fantic
Aug 31st, 2012, 03:20 AM
accusing Christopher when they met at the Inn with Lorelai.

Seriously, Rory really is becoming a pain in the ass, also with sleeping with Dean and then practically ditching him :lol: (so she's switching to Logan, an heir to a dynasty, quite fitting :rolleyes: )

fantic
Aug 31st, 2012, 03:32 AM
I totally knew Patty was seducing Jackson to the town meeting when she stopped Jackson driving :lol:

fantic
Aug 31st, 2012, 03:39 AM
so after Paris broke the fast (Ramadan :lol:), Rory goes to Marty's room to study.

Right beside the bed, there's a blown-up poster.

Of a book cover.

What's the book? Another quiz for you guys :lol:

wild.river
Aug 31st, 2012, 09:02 PM
please tell me you were shocked by rory sleeping with dean....

also, their double date with lorelai and luke is one of the most painful scenes in gg.

fantic
Aug 31st, 2012, 09:42 PM
please tell me you were shocked by rory sleeping with dean....

well, I guess Rory HAS to be problematic to prolong the series :lol: (so as to provide more drama) I guess it's Dean's fault to marry too early, considering the possibility of sleeping with Rory? :lol: (should've done it already, dunno why Lorelai was so worried about it..where's condom when you need it :lol: )

wild.river
Aug 31st, 2012, 09:46 PM
well, I guess Rory HAS to be problematic to prolong the series :lol: (so as to provide more drama) I guess it's Dean's fault to marry too early, considering the possibility of sleeping with Rory? :lol: (should've done it already, dunno why Lorelai was so worried about it..where's condom when you need it :lol : )

he got married despite being in love with rory..the diner scene with luke before his wedding :tape:

you ain't even seen problematic rory yet ;)

fantic
Aug 31st, 2012, 10:04 PM
he got married despite being in love with rory..the diner scene with luke before his wedding :tape:

you ain't even seen problematic rory yet ;)

But didn't Rory ditch Dean for Jess first? :lol:

And WHAT?? Rory being annoying in season 4&5 is just the beginning? :sobbing: Is she going to sleep with professors like Paris? :oh:

wild.river
Aug 31st, 2012, 10:20 PM
But didn't Rory ditch Dean for Jess first? :lol:

And WHAT?? Rory being annoying in season 4&5 is just the beginning? :sobbing: Is she going to sleep with professors like Paris? :oh:

yeah, poor dean. i felt really bad for him until the adultery.

nope, but she miiiight have to appear in court. that's all you'll get out of me :devil:

fantic
Aug 31st, 2012, 10:27 PM
One bright side in the later series is the rise of Kirk, he's doing every possible jobs :hysteric:

I didn't actually see the last part of season 4(where Rory and Dean does it at last), so will have to watch it first :lol:

And Rory appears in court...as a court reporter? :oh: Looking forward to it? :lol:

gc-spurs
Aug 31st, 2012, 10:38 PM
My life goal is one particular scene in GG - when Lorelai is staying in Jasons guest bedroom and she finds the TV... I want that for my life.

fantic
Aug 31st, 2012, 11:36 PM
My life goal is one particular scene in GG - when Lorelai is staying in Jasons guest bedroom and she finds the TV... I want that for my life.

you mean the TV that pops out? :lol:

Third Quiz! (so far nobody has answered :sobbing: )

Lorelai found Luke at the movie theater after that fiasco with Christopher at Richard and Emily's 2nd wedding. What movie was on that night? This is an easy one :lol:

wild.river
Sep 1st, 2012, 04:45 AM
it's been several yrs. i can't remember details like that :o
i do remember that she went on and on about the way we were afterwards.

Javi.
Sep 1st, 2012, 12:46 PM

Lorelai found Luke at the movie theater after that fiasco with Christopher at Richard and Emily's 2nd wedding. What movie was on that night? This is an easy one :lol:

it's been several yrs. i can't remember details like that :o
i do remember that she went on and on about the way we were afterwards.

This, in spite I've watched the show several times, I can't remember those details :sobbing:

Javi.
Sep 1st, 2012, 12:52 PM
One bright side in the later series is the rise of Kirk, he's doing every possible jobs :hysteric:

I didn't actually see the last part of season 4(where Rory and Dean does it at last), so will have to watch it first :lol:

And Rory appears in court...as a court reporter? :oh: Looking forward to it? :lol:

Why did you start watching Season 5 without ending Season 4? :lol:
And it's the best Season ending imo.

fantic
Sep 1st, 2012, 05:32 PM
because I couldn't borrow disc 6 of season 4 at that time :sobbing: But I just borrowed it ;)

fantic
Sep 2nd, 2012, 06:17 AM
the town diorama in season 5 :hysteric:

fantic
Sep 2nd, 2012, 07:27 AM
BOMBSHELL

KIRK IS RICH!!!

11,000 jobs :sobbing:

fantic
Sep 3rd, 2012, 07:09 PM
here's a quiz; while Emily and Richard were separated in the early episodes of season 5, Richard was reading Gibbon and Proust. There's one scene in which Emily was reading a book all alone. Who's the author? :p

Nancy Mitford. It's Modern Library hardcover edition.

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/418FHQFSY8L._BO2,204,203,200_PIsitb-sticker-arrow-click,TopRight,35,-76_AA300_SH20_OU01_.jpg

so after Paris broke the fast (Ramadan :lol:), Rory goes to Marty's room to study.

Right beside the bed, there's a blown-up poster.

Of a book cover.

What's the book? Another quiz for you guys :lol:

A Confederacy of Dunces by John Kennedy Toole

http://g-ecx.images-amazon.com/images/G/01/ciu/b2/b6/07ded250fca04bf347de8010.L.jpg

My Man Godfrey (1936) (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0028010/)

Javi.
Sep 3rd, 2012, 09:01 PM
These were not easy. :sobbing:

My man Godfrey is the only one I could have made out if I had watched "Say Something" recently, which is not the case

fantic
Sep 3rd, 2012, 09:53 PM
These were not easy. :sobbing:

My man Godfrey is the only one I could have made out if I had watched "Say Something" recently, which is not the case

Sorry :p But all are classics :lol:

gc-spurs
Sep 4th, 2012, 12:47 AM
Pizza! *bark*
Pizza! Pizza! *bark bark*
Salad. -_-

fantic
Sep 4th, 2012, 01:06 AM
Pizza! *bark*
Pizza! Pizza! *bark bark*
Salad. -_-

GG is a celebration of junk foods, to be sure :sobbing:

fantic
Sep 6th, 2012, 08:55 PM
Graham's role is too neurotic in 'Parenthood' :sobbing:

Invisible Fan
Sep 19th, 2012, 03:07 PM
I love Gilmore Girls. I just finished watching season 1 (again).
Probably my favourite episode was the one where they went to see the Bangles in concert.

I know it's a fairly minor scene but my favourite line was when Lorelai is looking for Madeline and Louise and knocks on a door and the woman opens the door and says "I don't to people. People annoy me!" and slams the door. That always cracked me up. I feel that way sometimes too :)

I also liked the scene when Dean tells Rory he loves her later in the season.

DEAN: You don't love me.
RORY: No, I just have to think about it for a minute.
DEAN: Think about what?
RORY: Well, saying I love you is a really difficult thing.
DEAN: Well I just did it.
RORY: And you did it really well.
DEAN: What the hell does that mean?

Mary Cherry.
Sep 19th, 2012, 03:37 PM
I love Gilmore Girls. I just finished watching season 1 (again).
Probably my favourite episode was the one where they went to see the Bangles in concert.

I know it's a fairly minor scene but my favourite line was when Lorelai is looking for Madeline and Louise and knocks on a door and the woman opens the door and says "I don't to people. People annoy me!" and slams the door. That always cracked me up. I feel that way sometimes too :)

I love that bit too, and the bit where Lorelai & Sookie are making fun of how bad their seats are. Them crying with laughter always makes me cry with laughter :sobbing:

wild.river
Sep 23rd, 2012, 07:49 PM
i just rewatched the last season and the series finale. so sad right now :sad:

Mary Cherry.
Sep 25th, 2012, 05:57 PM
Bunheads really is like a spin-off of GG, they've reused so many cast members :lol:

fantic
Oct 23rd, 2012, 04:35 AM
so at last ordered the box set from Amazon, for $90 or something :lol:
looking forward to watching the remainder of the series!

Mary Cherry.
Nov 6th, 2012, 02:20 PM
http://tvline.com/2012/11/05/bunheads-season-1-cast-liza-weil-truly-sister/

Another one :hysteric:

Also, I didn't recognise Mitchum Huntzberger in Bunheads :eek:

C. Drone
Nov 6th, 2012, 04:07 PM
Bunheads really is like a spin-off of GG, they've reused so many cast members :lol:

should I watch it?

Mary Cherry.
Nov 6th, 2012, 04:45 PM
should I watch it?

Yes.

C. Drone
Nov 6th, 2012, 04:52 PM
Yes.

Okay.

:spit:

wild.river
Nov 7th, 2012, 04:59 AM

paris!!!! :hearts::hearts::hearts:
hoping lane comes back next :)

Javi.
Nov 7th, 2012, 10:40 AM
OK. I Need to start watching Bunheads.
But why does this series have such a lame title? :sobbing:
It's even worse than Cougar Town :sobbing:

Cosmic Voices
Nov 7th, 2012, 11:02 AM
I started watching it from season 2, then went back to season 1 and watched every SINGLE episode (a bit like my obsession with friends :oh:)
its great because you get to see alexis bledel (rory) grow up throughout the show, and i love lauren graham (loreali)! but Emily is my favourite, her one-liners were legendary :bowdown:

C. Drone
Nov 12th, 2012, 10:57 PM
its not just cast members, the whole show :hysteric:
Its awesome. :worship:

pretty hard not recognise "Rico" :smash: :haha:

Mary Cherry.
Nov 12th, 2012, 11:37 PM
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mcnjxrNdEV1qjjjyuo1_500.gif

wild.river
Nov 13th, 2012, 01:44 AM
omg that gif :sobbing:

Cosmic Voices
Nov 13th, 2012, 08:48 AM
This makes me :lol: everytime I see it
beVJ5PjCE9Q

fantic
Dec 16th, 2012, 05:47 AM
Resumed watching from the end of Season 5.

Did Lauren Graham get any major awards for this show? I mean, shouldn't be in a Guiness book or something? Even in a single episode, she faces a herculean task; SO MUCH TALKING!! I mean, those dialogues...and with a super fast pace at that! :bowdown:

Vikafoo
Dec 28th, 2012, 05:41 PM
I love this show!

wild.river
Jan 9th, 2013, 02:28 AM
TJ on bunheads :sobbing:

Invisible Fan
Mar 6th, 2013, 03:06 PM
I watch Parenthood because of Lauren Graham :)

Invisible Fan
Apr 10th, 2013, 02:41 PM
I've seen a few episodes of Bunheads, it's not Gilmore Girls but it's not bad. Hopefully it will get another season.