3. Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are dead
4. The Importance of Being Earnest
5. Sweet Bird of Youth
6. A Streetcar named Desire
7. The Crucible
8. Tempest
9. Cat on a Hot Tin Roof
10. Cyrano de Bergerac

I've not read as many plays as novels certainly but that's my list. What about you?

The Witch-king
Aug 21st, 2012, 11:15 AM
Boy, do I watch plays?:rolleyes:

matthias
Aug 21st, 2012, 11:25 AM
mine is for sure

who ́s afraid of virginia woolf

i saw it once done by a amateur group, and it was amazing

Mattographer
Aug 21st, 2012, 12:31 PM
I saw A Streetcar named Desire a few years ago with Cate Blanchett and it was amazing :yeah:

fantic
Aug 22nd, 2012, 04:32 AM
I haven't read much, some Ancient Greek ones and Library of America editions of Kaufman, O'Neill, Williams..watched a bit of Broadway Theatre Archive ones(DVD)..in fact I'd say I've seen movie versions more than actually reading plays :lol: ...I'll take Sophocles' Antigone, I was so impressed I have multiple editions in original ancient Greek :lol:

Ashamed to say I've read only a couple of Shakespeare :lol: Are Racine & Moliere good?

Cajka
Aug 22nd, 2012, 02:21 PM
I haven't read much, some Ancient Greek ones and Library of America editions of Kaufman, O'Neill, Williams..watched a bit of Broadway Theatre Archive ones(DVD)..in fact I'd say I've seen movie versions more than actually reading plays :lol: ...I'll take Sophocles' Antigone, I was so impressed I have multiple editions in original ancient Greek :lol:

Ashamed to say I've read only a couple of Shakespeare :lol: Are Racine & Moliere good?

I don't like comedies, but I liked Moliere. I'm not impressed by Racine. When it comes to tragedies, for me, Shakespeare is the best ever. I've never read a tragedy that is comparable to King Lear, Hamlet, Othello, Macbeth...

And I like Greek tragedies too. Antigone, Prometheus Bound, Medea, Oresteia, The Seven Against Thebes etc. are all masterpieces.

Chekhov's plays are also amazing.

fantic
Aug 22nd, 2012, 09:17 PM
Boy, do I watch plays?:rolleyes:

You don't watch plays (do you then READ it?), movies, what DO you watch :lol: And why do you COMMENT in these threads in the first place if you're not interested? :lol: Or ARE you? :p

The Witch-king
Aug 23rd, 2012, 08:30 AM
You don't watch plays (do you then READ it?), movies, what DO you watch :lol: And why do you COMMENT in these threads in the first place if you're not interested? :lol: Or ARE you? :p

Well since he asked I felt obliged to answer :shrug:. It would be rude not to?:confused: