PDA

View Full Version : Movie director Tony Scott dead at 68

Frode
Aug 20th, 2012, 11:21 AM
:sad:

Looks like a suicide

http://insidemovies.ew.com/2012/08/20/top-gun-director-tony-scott-dies-in-an-apparent-suicide/

Very sad.

I think my fav fim of his was True Romance:)

Mynarco
Aug 20th, 2012, 11:35 AM
His last film (as a director) was Unstoppable. Not bad.

RIP :sad:

CrossCourt~Rally
Aug 20th, 2012, 11:40 AM
I just saw this on IMDB.com :sad: It appears he jumped off a bridge in Los Angeles. Such a sad turn of events :awww:

It's almost impossible for me to pick a single film that is my fave from his impressive filmography. After quickly skimming his movies on IMDB.com, I was amazed at how many films he had produced over the past decade. Including many current products currently in various stages of production. It also appears that he is one of the producers of The Good Wife. I guess if I had to name a few of my fave movies directed by Tony I would have to say Crimson Tide, True Romance and Domino :)

RIP to a talented man :hug:

Saori Kimura Fan
Aug 20th, 2012, 07:35 PM
WOW! I'm TOTALLY shocked. He wasn't ill or anything? It's the 'jumping of the bridge' that's left me speechless.

Super Dave
Aug 20th, 2012, 07:43 PM
He had an inoperable brain tumor, apparently. :sad:

Saori Kimura Fan
Aug 20th, 2012, 08:07 PM
He had an inoperable brain tumor, apparently. :sad:

Still, it must had taken some nerve to do that. Or perhaps, it was side-effects of the treatment +the tumor.

I remember this woman I knew, and she had a tumor. She wasn't diagnosed for a long time and she was REALLY doing this weird shit. You know, totallly unexpected stuff. And that's what the cause was with her, a tumor.

I thought this movie he made was a cracker http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0328107/

Super Dave
Aug 20th, 2012, 08:37 PM
I remember this woman I knew, and she had a tumor. She wasn't diagnosed for a long time and she was REALLY doing this weird shit. You know, totallly unexpected stuff. And that's what the cause was with her, a tumor.

Same with a good friend of mine. Thankfully, his orange-sized tumor was benign and he is 100% back to normal.

edificio
Aug 20th, 2012, 11:35 PM
Yes the suicide was surprising. RIP.

A friend of mine had such a brain tumor less two years ago. She died less than a year after her diagnosis. Still hurts.

I feel so awful for Scott's family.

McPie
Aug 21st, 2012, 04:13 AM
:speakles:

Seriously?