PDA

View Full Version : African Lizard looks like Spider-Man

pov
Aug 15th, 2012, 02:20 AM
http://www.phenomenica.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/spiderman-lizard.jpg

A Brazilian photographer has snapped an African lizard clinging to a rock in a pose which is uncannily identical to Spiderman and more shy than the superhero himself.

The lizard’s amazing red and blue markings are strikingly similar to the suit worn by the crime-fighting, web-weaving daredevil spiderman and its distinctive red and blue markings make it a dead ringer for the web-slinging superhero.

The colourful super-creature was captured on camera by photographer Cassio Lopes on a trip to the Masai Mara National Park in Kenya with his wife Alessandra, the Daily Mail reported.

The shy lizard was spotted warming up in the sun but darted away as soon as Lopes started shooting.

http://www.phenomenica.com/2012/07/african-lizard-which-looks-like-spider-man.html

pov
Aug 15th, 2012, 02:20 AM
If this isn't faked, it's kinda cool.

Pops Maellard
Aug 15th, 2012, 02:31 AM
Awesome!

Tennisation
Aug 15th, 2012, 07:01 AM
How Ironic that the new spiderman was fighting off a lizard the movie :lol:

Drake1980
Aug 15th, 2012, 08:43 AM
Amazing!

WowWow
Aug 15th, 2012, 08:55 AM
:inlove:

The Witch-king
Aug 15th, 2012, 08:57 AM
Why does it have to be an African lizard. Why can't it just be a lizard :rolleyes:

Super Dave
Aug 15th, 2012, 12:56 PM
Why does it have to be an African lizard. Why can't it just be a lizard :rolleyes:

Well, it's a species of lizard and it lives in Africa :shrug:

In looking up more of them, it seems that the multi-coloration is a characteristic of this type of lizard.

Very cool picture.

Here's another one from Kenya:

http://www.wildherps.com/images/herps/standard/red-headed_agama.jpg

ElusiveChanteuse
Aug 15th, 2012, 12:57 PM
Cool but nothing can beat a new snake species which looks like a dick.:haha:

Pops Maellard
Aug 15th, 2012, 01:02 PM
:lol: Overreaction much?

Certinfy
Aug 15th, 2012, 02:45 PM
I want to get bitten by this.

Charlatan
Aug 15th, 2012, 02:56 PM

NID. Expect Papa_action to make a mountain out of a molehill everytime :worship:

Sammo
Aug 15th, 2012, 03:39 PM

You Drama Queen

Tennisation
Aug 15th, 2012, 03:55 PM

http://www.rossdunn.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/07/you-can-t-be-serious-joker.jpg

moby
Aug 15th, 2012, 04:36 PM
Why does it have to be an African lizard. Why can't it just be a lizard :rolleyes:I LOL-ed.

edificio
Aug 15th, 2012, 05:32 PM
That's a cool looking lizard. It's legs. :haha:

pov
Aug 15th, 2012, 07:24 PM
What? I mean . . . what? Really? Well . . . I dunno . . . Tell you what . .maybe you can communicate with one and ask it why it had to be native to Africa.

And you have the gall to label yourself "Malcolm X". GTFO!

Charlatan
Aug 15th, 2012, 08:20 PM
Ki at everyone dragging Papa_action :rolls:

M.S.F
Aug 15th, 2012, 08:33 PM

http://i1239.photobucket.com/albums/ff506/harmonyhelms/Supernatural%20gifs/tumblr_lz2wh6rpn21qdwjb5o3_r1_250.gif

JN
Aug 15th, 2012, 08:46 PM

:spit::lol:

:help: at people taking it seriously.

Mynarco
Aug 15th, 2012, 09:01 PM

what? :spit:

edificio
Aug 15th, 2012, 09:29 PM
I thought he was making a joke. So...

Nicolás89
Aug 15th, 2012, 10:52 PM

Are you a real person!? :help:

Drystan
Aug 16th, 2012, 04:58 PM
:spit::lol:

:help: at people taking it seriously.

This.

In case people still don't understand, the "Why does it have to be Black/African?" joke that Malcolm is telling is a satirical joke that pokes fun of the idea that black people are oversensitive about race. It's a really common joke told between black people.

I don't post often but it's annoying to see people insulting someone over a misunderstanding.

moby
Aug 16th, 2012, 08:40 PM
All you people defending Malcolm must not be aware of his history of retarded posts on race-related subjects. Granted, he could be an ubertroll in the vein of DaMamaJama, but I doubt it.

JN
Aug 16th, 2012, 09:36 PM
All you people defending Malcolm must not be aware of his history of retarded posts on race-related subjects. Granted, he could be an ubertroll in the vein of DaMamaJama, but I doubt it.

Naw, Drystan got it right and how is this post race-related?

CrossCourt~Rally
Aug 17th, 2012, 11:30 AM
OMG, it really does! :eek: :lol:

HippityHop
Aug 17th, 2012, 02:44 PM
This.

In case people still don't understand, the "Why does it have to be Black/African?" joke that Malcolm is telling is a satirical joke that pokes fun of the idea that black people are oversensitive about race. It's a really common joke told between black people.

I don't post often but it's annoying to see people insulting someone over a misunderstanding.

Considering that you only have two posts, no you don't.

pov
Aug 17th, 2012, 05:10 PM
This.

Guilty. I own my mistakes. I was in too pissy a mood to react without bias. My apologies to him for my attack.

Still . . this doesn't match the type of context I've seen that sarcasm come up in. And . . . it's not black people its' African-American people . .so why post an "in-joke" to a board used by people of various ethnicity?ethnicities?

JN
Aug 17th, 2012, 06:32 PM
Guilty. I own my mistakes. I was in too pissy a mood to react without bias. My apologies to him for my attack.

Still . . this doesn't match the type of context I've seen that sarcasm come up in. And . . . it's not black people its' African-American people . .so why post an "in-joke" to a board used by people of various ethnicity?ethnicities?

I've never once referred to myself as African-American. I'm Black.

pov
Aug 18th, 2012, 02:49 PM
I've never once referred to myself as African-American. I'm Black.

:confused: Why do I care what you refer to yourself as? And more importantly, what does it have to do with the issue at hand?

The joke/sarc mentioned is one created, and by far mostly used, by African-Americans. Most other black people don't know it. That's just the way it is.

BTW to me "Black" and "White" are silly, childish terms for referring to anyone. And yeah . .I don't expect you to be swayed by that at all. :) Still - to me people are so much richer and more complex than what those terms convey.

JN
Aug 18th, 2012, 03:16 PM
:confused: Why do I care what you refer to yourself as? And more importantly, what does it have to do with the issue at hand?

The joke/sarc mentioned is one created, and by far mostly used, by African-Americans. Most other black people don't know it. That's just the way it is.

BTW to me "Black" and "White" are silly, childish terms for referring to anyone. And yeah . .I don't expect you to be swayed by that at all. :) Still - to me people are so much richer and more complex than what those terms convey.

For someone who didn't know it was a joke to begin with, you sure have become quite the authority on it. :rolleyes:

pov
Aug 18th, 2012, 03:29 PM
For someone who didn't know it was a joke to begin with, you sure have become quite the authority on it. :rolleyes:
:facpalm: Read my initial reply. I do know the joke/sarc. I didn't read the poster's response in that way. And attempting to obfuscate won't change the fact that it is something African-American.

JN
Aug 18th, 2012, 04:06 PM
:facpalm: Read my initial reply. I do know the joke/sarc. I didn't read the poster's response in that way. And attempting to obfuscate won't change the fact that it is something African-American.

Brought to this thread by a non African-American.