PDA

View Full Version : PSY - Gangnam Style (South Korean smash single)

Elwin.
Aug 14th, 2012, 10:49 AM
Epic. Rocketing up Itunes :hysteric: Almost 30 million views on YT

9bZkp7q19f0

eck
Aug 14th, 2012, 11:29 AM
It's just LMFAO translated in Asian...

Mynarco
Aug 14th, 2012, 12:14 PM
Oh God :o

GoofyDuck
Aug 14th, 2012, 12:22 PM
There's much better K-pop around :rolleyes:

Can't stand this one getting so much attention :lol:

ElusiveChanteuse
Aug 14th, 2012, 12:29 PM
It's just LMFAO translated in Asian...

+1.

Saori Kimura Fan
Aug 14th, 2012, 01:13 PM
Perhaps the B.GIRLS will do a cover version? :)

yq0wQSbC4GE

Super Dave
Aug 14th, 2012, 01:30 PM
Kickass.

New_balls_please
Sep 7th, 2012, 06:52 PM
Gangnam Style snatching wigs on iTunes :bounce: :bounce:

Slammer7
Sep 7th, 2012, 08:40 PM
The parody with Hyuna is painful though. :tape: The video is epic, but even without it the song gets stuck in your head and it's easy to sing, both the English parts and a good deal of the Korean. :) You can never go wrong with some saranghae. :hearts:

Sammo
Sep 7th, 2012, 08:46 PM
I love it :lol:

Heyyyy sexy lady, wop wop wop

Still better than Bieber anyway

kwilliams
Sep 7th, 2012, 11:21 PM
Ugh, I avoided watching this video. I knew it would annoy me. He reminds me of Gang Ho-dong. Would've been cool if they had some shots of Gangnam-dong in the video instead of just Gangnam-gu and Ttukseom. Though it was cool to see some parts of it, like COEX. I used to live near there, in Cheongdam.

Does anybody know if they were dancing in a real metro station? Was it a station on line 4?

ElusiveChanteuse
Sep 8th, 2012, 12:22 AM
Overrated.:lol: But it's definitely the 2012's Macarena (whatever the spelling is).:oh:

Hayato
Sep 8th, 2012, 01:14 AM
Is that Yoo Jae Suk in the yellow suit? :hysteric: Love that man!

Still, J-pop trumps K-pop for me :shrug:

Slammer7
Sep 8th, 2012, 01:22 AM
Is that Yoo Jae Suk in the yellow suit? :hysteric: Love that man!

Still, J-pop trumps K-pop for me :shrug:

Yes it is. :)

It depends on ones preference. K-Pop tends to be more Soul and R&B (not always, but it's still a big influence) and J-Pop tends to be more Pop and Rock. I love them both, but K-Pop has been exploding the last few years and more new and dynamic groups are getting international attention coming out of Korea rather than Japan. :shrug:

Hayato
Sep 8th, 2012, 02:04 AM
Yes it is. :)

It depends on ones preference. K-Pop tends to be more Soul and R&B (not always, but it's still a big influence) and J-Pop tends to be more Pop and Rock. I love them both, but K-Pop has been exploding the last few years and more new and dynamic groups are getting international attention coming out of Korea rather than Japan. :shrug:

Yeah, it's all about personal taste. K-pop is definitely more popular than J-pop right now. As you probably know, even in Japan, Kara, 2NE1, SNSD are extremely popular. Same deal with K-dramas I think. K-pop presents a fresh, strong, independent image for young women that appeals more than the standard "cute" Japanese one of most girl J-pop groups, so that's one of the reasons why I think K-pop has been more popular lately.

But i'm not sure how long it will last since the music is so banal for me. :lol: Not like Utada Hikaru or Ayumi Hamasaki for example. Then again, recent J-pop has been mediocre IMO. But actually I don't think many J-pop groups are even trying to become famous in the West like K-pop groups are desperately.

K-pop music videos like this one are extremely well produced but, for me, they all look (and sound) the same. Forgettable. The dancing distracts from the bland sound (same can be said for AKB in my opinion :lol: ). But overall, J-pop is more versatile and feels a lot more creative in genre. That's probably why it's still the second biggest music industry in the world, it has more to offer.

With K-pop their vocals, dancing, music videos etc are really impressive, but when it comes down to the music, i prefer J-pop.

Zhao
Sep 8th, 2012, 03:07 AM
this song is going for adds in US

God bless America

McPie
Sep 8th, 2012, 06:04 AM
why so late? :p

M.P
Sep 8th, 2012, 06:58 AM
GO KOREAN GO KOREAN GO KOREAN :cheer:

Michalka
Sep 8th, 2012, 10:53 AM
meh, I loved Psy's previous work but this :help:

How I wish other less mainstream Korean bands and hip hop groups were the ones getting the attention instead :lol:

MarkNL
Sep 8th, 2012, 11:41 AM
This is the viral hit in Holland atm :lol:

Video clip is pretty hilarious, as well as the dance :oh:

123 million views! :rolls:

Harry.
Sep 10th, 2012, 05:55 AM
The song is catchy, but oh lord, I cannot stand all the air time and the hype. Seriously. Over done.

northern lad
Sep 10th, 2012, 11:14 AM
Ugh, I avoided watching this video. I knew it would annoy me. He reminds me of Gang Ho-dong. Would've been cool if they had some shots of Gangnam-dong in the video instead of just Gangnam-gu and Ttukseom. Though it was cool to see some parts of it, like COEX. I used to live near there, in Cheongdam.

Does anybody know if they were dancing in a real metro station? Was it a station on line 4?

Apparently, from what I've heard, parts of it were filmed in Incheon, where I live currently. I couldn't tell you which parts because I refuse to sit down and actually watch the video. I hear the song at least 5 times a day... 15 if it's the weekend and I'm out at the bar. :o

kwilliams
Sep 10th, 2012, 03:31 PM
:lol: Well, at least some of it was filmed in Gangnam-gu. What part of Incheon do you live in? A friend of mine works at Inha...one of the Inha's. There's two distinct parts that are adjacent to each other, I think. She lives in Hongdae though and commutes to Incheon.

Super Dave
Sep 10th, 2012, 03:59 PM
I'm sure I'd be annoyed if the song was on the radio all the time here, but the video is great. Great bridge in the song, also.

Mynarco
Sep 10th, 2012, 03:59 PM
The song is catchy, but oh lord, I cannot stand all the air time and the hype. Seriously. Over done.

this.

rrfnpump
Sep 10th, 2012, 05:25 PM

Korean management companies like SM Entertainment are investing a shitload of money into promoting their artists and conquering international markets.

Doesnt mask the fact that most of the K-pop music is uninspiring, uber-commercial pop sung by good-looking zombies without soul. You can substitute any member of any group with another from another group and it wouldnt make a difference. No personalities and not authentic at all. :p

GoofyDuck
Sep 10th, 2012, 05:58 PM
Korean management companies like SM Entertainment are investing a shitload of money into promoting their artists and conquering international markets.

Doesnt mask the fact that most of the K-pop music is uninspiring, uber-commercial pop sung by good-looking zombies without soul. You can substitute any member of any group with another from another group and it wouldnt make a difference. No personalities and not authentic at all. :p

Everyone has diffrent personality, being part of a group it's hard to show this.
Knowing personality of members of famous groups such as SNSD, CNBLUE, 2NE1 and SISTAR, These groups' popularity wouldn't be the same if members got switched :p

I couldn't imagine SNSD without Jessica or Seohyun, 2NE1 without CL or Dara...

I hope PSY has opened the door for more KPOP succes worldwide :)

kwilliams
Sep 10th, 2012, 06:39 PM

This is true to an even great extent with the larger groups like Girls Generation (SNSD) and Super Junior, which have nine and thirteen members respectively! I like some of their songs but would never "buy into" those groups and actually pay any attention to them because it's like each group is trying to fill a social spectrum. You could line SNSD up by hair length or hair colour. It's like each member is supposed to be identifiable to a portion of the population or something. Put them together and you have this reflection of society vague enough for everyone to identify with but consequentially insubstantial. Not many of them can sing either. Their music is catchy but that's about it.

Big Bang and 2NE1 have their flaws, God knows, but they are quite a bit more credible. Their music actually has some of their own personality and style. Truth be told, I like SNSD's music about as much as I like Big Bang's and 2NE1's but I know very little about SNSD and I don't really care to know either.

The turnover of groups in Korea is quite high too. Not many acts stay near the top of the charts or in the public eye year after year.

rrfnpump
Sep 10th, 2012, 07:16 PM
Everyone has diffrent personality, being part of a group it's hard to show this.
Knowing personality of members of famous groups such as SNSD, CNBLUE, 2NE1 and SISTAR, These groups' popularity wouldn't be the same if members got switched :p

I couldn't imagine SNSD without Jessica or Seohyun, 2NE1 without CL or Dara...

I hope PSY has opened the door for more KPOP succes worldwide :)

They have different personalities because SM entertainment generated different personalities. It's just like kwilliams said that every member has to be identifiable to a portion of the population. Imagine that (for example girls generation)they were casted for SM entertainment when they were girls. Ever since then they got thrilled for success and its almost impossible to develop a genuine personality in this environment. I believe almost everything is created by the management and they also decide which member is 'in' at the moment. It was very obvious when Seohyun got pushed hard by SM into the spotlight. I am 100% sure girls generation would more than survive if, lets say, Jessica is substituted for Dara.

What I find irritating about the whole K-pop (and also J-pop which might be even worse) business is how superficial everything is and how few it actually has to do with music. It all depends on your looks and not about how well you sing or dance or if you are able to write your own songs. As I live in Japan now, it is quite obvious for me how this ideal of being good lucking to get famous is influencing society. It is all about looks. And thats kind of sad I feel.

I am not a hater. I actually like a couple of k-pop bands and songs. :p

GoofyDuck
Sep 10th, 2012, 07:55 PM
They have different personalities because SM entertainment generated different personalities. It's just like kwilliams said that every member has to be identifiable to a portion of the population. Imagine that (for example girls generation)they were casted for SM entertainment when they were girls. Ever since then they got thrilled for success and its almost impossible to develop a genuine personality in this environment. I believe almost everything is created by the management and they also decide which member is 'in' at the moment. It was very obvious when Seohyun got pushed hard by SM into the spotlight. I am 100% sure girls generation would more than survive if, lets say, Jessica is substituted for Dara.

What I find irritating about the whole K-pop (and also J-pop which might be even worse) business is how superficial everything is and how few it actually has to do with music. It all depends on your looks and not about how well you sing or dance or if you are able to write your own songs. As I live in Japan now, it is quite obvious for me how this ideal of being good lucking to get famous is influencing society. It is all about looks. And thats kind of sad I feel.

I am not a hater. I actually like a couple of k-pop bands and songs. :p

I know all the girls have done audition for SM entertainment when they were young. They've been selected and practised singing/dancing/acting since then for a long time with lots of other girls and boys.
Then at some point, I do think based on looks, 9 girls got picked to become SNSD and a few months later they debuted their song. I don't think there was time to get a certain personality.
Ofcourse they're all very polite and cute, but behind that they definitely show their real personalities, I believe.

If Seohyun, who you mentioned, is faking her personality I'll lose faith in humanity. she's the most innocent excentric woman ever. :lol:

And I agree about how looks are so important for Koreans, sadly this happens in the entire entertainment industry.
There is lots of KPOP which is just crap music with distracting music video. I like the good songs.

kwilliams
Sep 10th, 2012, 08:35 PM
Korea is a terrible place when it comes to "good looks" and "appearances sake."

I had quite a few instances of this in work - I believe in each case it worked in my favour but it's very annoying to know what is prioritised in the Korean workplace.

I also lived in a very wealthy part of Seoul, Cheongdam. There are lots of cosmetic surgeons in this area and the surrounding areas and people actually walk around with bandages and surgical tape fresh from the surgery. They'll have scars, swelling, bruising and puffiness and they'll make little or no attempt to hide it. I've even seen people with marks from a surgeon's pen on their faces as they walk around. Plastic surgery is a status symbol there!

rrfnpump
Sep 10th, 2012, 08:58 PM
If Seohyun, who you mentioned, is faking her personality I'll lose faith in humanity. she's the most innocent excentric woman ever. :lol:

Just don't think about it too much. :p What I find most interesting about Seohyun is how her voice changed during the times. At first, it was kind of girly and cute and now it is deep and women-like. In fact, hearing her live, she has a pretty weak voice. :lol:

Korea is a terrible place when it comes to "good looks" and "appearances sake."

I had quite a few instances of this in work - I believe in each case it worked in my favour but it's very annoying to know what is prioritised in the Korean workplace.

I agree. Korea is incredibly focused on looks only. Dating a Korean for some time, I was sometimes shocked about his opinions and his plan to undergo cosmetic surgery to make a second eye-line even though he was just fine.

And being a white guy in Asia is certainly no disadvantage. :lol:

hdfb
Sep 10th, 2012, 09:23 PM
Funnily enough the first time I heard this song was two days ago via this YouTube video... I thought the mother and son dancing were playing some video game... thats how repetitive the song is!

E87q5ads_Gc

kwilliams
Sep 10th, 2012, 09:34 PM
Just don't think about it too much. :p What I find most interesting about Seohyun is how her voice changed during the times. At first, it was kind of girly and cute and now it is deep and women-like. In fact, hearing her live, she has a pretty weak voice. :lol:

I agree. Korea is incredibly focused on looks only. Dating a Korean for some time, I was sometimes shocked about his opinions and his plan to undergo cosmetic surgery to make a second eye-line even though he was just fine.

And being a white guy in Asia is certainly no disadvantage. :lol:

Yeah, the double eyelid thing is weird. I can't even see the difference unless I'm looking at before and after shots and even then it's kind of hard to notice sometimes. Even some of my Korean American friends swear that it makes a difference though. I don't know if it's better to want that or something more drastic.

Yeah, being white in Asia practically makes you the cream of the crop. It's kind of sickening to see knockouts with dirty, scruffbag-looking guys though!

northern lad
Sep 11th, 2012, 01:32 AM
:lol: Well, at least some of it was filmed in Gangnam-gu. What part of Incheon do you live in? A friend of mine works at Inha...one of the Inha's. There's two distinct parts that are adjacent to each other, I think. She lives in Hongdae though and commutes to Incheon.

Inha, the hospital/university? I know that Inha a little too well... I've been in Korea since April and I've been in that hospital at least 5 times. :facepalm: :lol: I live in Dongincheon, or what I like to call, The Dong. Hongdae to Inha isn't a bad commute really. Takes me 45 minutes from where I live.

northern lad
Sep 11th, 2012, 01:35 AM
Yeah, being white in Asia practically makes you the cream of the crop. It's kind of sickening to see knockouts with dirty, scruffbag-looking guys though!

This drives my lady friends crazy. WHY IS SHE WITH THAT SCUMBAG LOSER? SHE CAN DO BETTER!:lol:

kwilliams
Sep 12th, 2012, 10:35 PM
Inha, the hospital/university? I know that Inha a little too well... I've been in Korea since April and I've been in that hospital at least 5 times. :facepalm: :lol: I live in Dongincheon, or what I like to call, The Dong. Hongdae to Inha isn't a bad commute really. Takes me 45 minutes from where I live.

Oh, I can't remember. She was about to start the job as I was leaving. Yeah, she has pretty good hours too, which makes the commute easier for her and her apt in Hongdae is right by the station. I think she can take the AREX line, not sure. That was only finished shortly before I left so I only took it the morning that I was leaving! It's funny that you got there in April. I spent 3.5 years there over a four year period and I left on April 1st! So, if you live in Dongincheon, are you close to Wolmido or China Town?

Actually, a Korean friend of mine here in Dublin goes to the other Inha, the one my friend doesn't teach at so I have a couple of connections to Inha. She's studying to become a dietician. Maybe that's associated with the hosp.

northern lad
Sep 14th, 2012, 07:06 AM
Oh, I can't remember. She was about to start the job as I was leaving. Yeah, she has pretty good hours too, which makes the commute easier for her and her apt in Hongdae is right by the station. I think she can take the AREX line, not sure. That was only finished shortly before I left so I only took it the morning that I was leaving! It's funny that you got there in April. I spent 3.5 years there over a four year period and I left on April 1st! So, if you live in Dongincheon, are you close to Wolmido or China Town?

Actually, a Korean friend of mine here in Dublin goes to the other Inha, the one my friend doesn't teach at so I have a couple of connections to Inha. She's studying to become a dietician. Maybe that's associated with the hosp.

AREX line is great if you live on the Incheon Subway 1 line. I'm on Seoul line 1, so I have to transfer at Bupyeong to get up to Gyeyang and catch the AREX... not worth the hassle. But yeah, I got here at the very end of April and my orientation was essentially in Chinatown. It's probably a ten minute walk from my apartment. I just have to walk through Jayu Park and I'm there. My school is basically in the park. Wolmido is close too, but I haven't checked it out yet.

Did you work public school or hagwon while you were here? (Assuming you were teaching ESL...)

kwilliams
Sep 14th, 2012, 07:20 PM
Yeah, I worked in a hagwon in Yeongtong in Suwon for a year and a half, went travelling for a while, went home for a few months and then moved to Cheongdam in Seoul (near Apgujeong) for 2 years. So I spent 3.5 years there over a 4 year period. Living in Cheongdam was great, so much of Seoul is so accessible and it's a great area in itself. I worked in a hagwon there too - ECC. My branch closed down in June though. Guess they couldn't survive without me :lol: I miss my students a lot :( I miss Korea a lot too but I don't think I could go back again. Some of my friend have been there a long time or will have been there a long time before they leave.

Wolmido is quite nice. Have you been to Muui-do? I never went there myself but it's a popular convenient summer getaway for people in the Seoul/Incheon area? You have my sympathies for having to deal with line 1, btw!! It's fine in central Seoul but once you get out onto the prongs, it's so annoying. A good friend of mine used to like in Doksan, near Guro.

Tennis Fool
Sep 14th, 2012, 07:37 PM
KWilliams/Northern Lad: What are you doing in Korea? Teaching English?

Ferg
Sep 14th, 2012, 08:40 PM
Adore this so much. I was in Edinburgh at the weekend, it was played in a nightclub there, and twice in one night at one in Ireland when I came back :hysteric:

New_balls_please
Sep 14th, 2012, 09:22 PM
#2 on iTunes :rolls: (US)

Zhao
Sep 15th, 2012, 02:46 AM
It is #1 on itunes now...omg

ElusiveChanteuse
Sep 15th, 2012, 02:57 AM
Opa Gangnam Style

http://i2.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/000/362/057/aa4.gif

Julian.
Sep 15th, 2012, 03:04 AM
:rolls: The music people are listening nowadays :sobbing:

Slammer7
Sep 15th, 2012, 03:20 AM
Opa Gangnam Style

http://i2.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/000/362/057/aa4.gif

:lol: Beat me to it! :yeah:

northern lad
Sep 15th, 2012, 03:25 AM
Yeah, I worked in a hagwon in Yeongtong in Suwon for a year and a half, went travelling for a while, went home for a few months and then moved to Cheongdam in Seoul (near Apgujeong) for 2 years. So I spent 3.5 years there over a 4 year period. Living in Cheongdam was great, so much of Seoul is so accessible and it's a great area in itself. I worked in a hagwon there too - ECC. My branch closed down in June though. Guess they couldn't survive without me :lol: I miss my students a lot :( I miss Korea a lot too but I don't think I could go back again. Some of my friend have been there a long time or will have been there a long time before they leave.

Wolmido is quite nice. Have you been to Muui-do? I never went there myself but it's a popular convenient summer getaway for people in the Seoul/Incheon area? You have my sympathies for having to deal with line 1, btw!! It's fine in central Seoul but once you get out onto the prongs, it's so annoying. A good friend of mine used to like in Doksan, near Guro.

Ahh, I'm doing public school elementary. I think I'd enjoy teaching in a hagwon more than public school, but I prefer my schedule/vacation time in public. I don't think I could handle more than 2 years here, though. I don't really enjoy "teaching." I'm a human tape recorder/game jockey. The hardest part of my job is dealing with my co-teachers.:o

I really haven't gotten around outside of Incheon/Seoul yet... not even sure what Muii-do is. :lol: Went to Mokpo and Jeju for my summer vacation, but outside of that... I had a class trip to Ganghwa island? And I don't mind Line 1 because Dongincheon is on the rapid line. 10 minutes to get to Bupyeong, 45 minutes to Yongsan. :D

KWilliams/Northern Lad: What are you doing in Korea? Teaching English?

Yessuh. :)

kwilliams
Sep 15th, 2012, 10:39 AM
Ahh, I'm doing public school elementary. I think I'd enjoy teaching in a hagwon more than public school, but I prefer my schedule/vacation time in public. I don't think I could handle more than 2 years here, though. I don't really enjoy "teaching." I'm a human tape recorder/game jockey. The hardest part of my job is dealing with my co-teachers.:o

I really haven't gotten around outside of Incheon/Seoul yet... not even sure what Muii-do is. :lol: Went to Mokpo and Jeju for my summer vacation, but outside of that... I had a class trip to Ganghwa island? And I don't mind Line 1 because Dongincheon is on the rapid line. 10 minutes to get to Bupyeong, 45 minutes to Yongsan. :D

Yessuh. :)

Yeah, I was in hagwons all the way. While I was in Suwon all of my friends were hagwon teachers but my boyfriend took a public school job when we moved to Seoul so then most of my friends there were public school teachers. Their hours and holidays are sooo much better. My hagwon in Seoul was one of "those" hagwons. You'd tell people you worked there and they'd be like, "Oh, sorry." Korean and foreign staff were not allowed to socialize or even interact much in the workplace. The office was even segregated. We sat facing the window with our backs to everyone!! I even heard one of the Korean teachers was assaulted by the VP not long after I left. They used a lot of intimidation tactics. They didn't mess much with me and I just kept my head down and didn't make a fuss so I was fine most of the time. My hagwon in Seoul was much better but other staff members did have some problems and the situation did deteriorate as business got worse and worse. I remained relatively unscathed the whole way through and the environment was much more open. At least my Korean co-workers didn't have to hide our friendship and you felt you could express your ideas, even if they'd only be accepted to an extent. My kids were angel-genius hybrids though. They totally made the bad hours worthwhile. One of my kindergarteners didn't even like speaking Korean!! One of my 3rd graders explained Eintein's theory of relativity to me in English in the first class I had with him (it was a nutshell explanation, but still!!) I could go on and on about them...but I won't. Needless to say I worshipped them and they worshipped me too.

I suppose most public school teachers don't have that because the classes aren't streamed and some kids don't go to a hagwon but some teachers luck out if they are placed in a specialized school or a school in a wealthy area. Then they get the best of both worlds. One of my friends was a high school teacher in Onsu. She had two big apartments. TWO! Her kids were very smart, well-behaved and driven and she could not have had more time off. She probably got double what the average public school teacher gets.

In what way are your co-teachers difficult to deal with? The main problem my friends encountered in public school was ALWAYS being told about things at the last minute, never being in the loop and people sometimes expecting them to know things they hadn't been told even though it was obvious they were NEVER told anything :lol:

Ever seen these vids? I love how she always calls the teachers "foreigner" :lol:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/OKfFooy0QTY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

There's also a REALLY good Hitler video - his vacation plans are ruined by the principal changing the dates at the last minute or something.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Ljur6v7-yoc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

northern lad
Sep 16th, 2012, 08:28 AM
My school is in a really low income area, so I think only a handful go to hagwon. I have friends that live in wealthier areas who have students fluent in English. I... do not. The difficult part of my co-teachers is, like you said, finding everything out at the last second, but it's also having to maintain a positive relationship with them overall. If they make a mistake in the middle of class, you cannot ever correct them in front of the students, because that would make them look bad. The other day my co-teacher was teaching the phrase "Can you join us?" So, "I'm doing my homework, can you join us?" "I'm eating pizza, can you join us?" "Okay class, now repeat after Christianteacher!" So, I had to say "Can you join us" instead of "Can you join me" just so I don't make her look like an ass. Keeping up appearances is priority number one, the kids' education comes second.

Another fun one was, my first semester I taught with a co-teacher who spoke no English... but she was an English teacher. She didn't trust me to do anything in class other than "Listen and repeat." So, you know, English class is being conducted in full Korean. :o

I'm pretty sure socialization is encouraged among teachers at my school. They get a kick out of me and tell me they love me and want to be chingus at teacher dinners after enough soju. But then the next day at school they won't say a word to me. It's sojuconfidence. :lol:

Vids aren't working, but I think I've seen the first one just based on your description. :lol:

Shaun:::
Sep 16th, 2012, 08:43 AM
dun like this song and its dance:o
it looks stupid:spit:

kwilliams
Sep 16th, 2012, 10:36 AM
My school is in a really low income area, so I think only a handful go to hagwon. I have friends that live in wealthier areas who have students fluent in English. I... do not. The difficult part of my co-teachers is, like you said, finding everything out at the last second, but it's also having to maintain a positive relationship with them overall. If they make a mistake in the middle of class, you cannot ever correct them in front of the students, because that would make them look bad. The other day my co-teacher was teaching the phrase "Can you join us?" So, "I'm doing my homework, can you join us?" "I'm eating pizza, can you join us?" "Okay class, now repeat after Christianteacher!" So, I had to say "Can you join us" instead of "Can you join me" just so I don't make her look like an ass. Keeping up appearances is priority number one, the kids' education comes second.

Another fun one was, my first semester I taught with a co-teacher who spoke no English... but she was an English teacher. She didn't trust me to do anything in class other than "Listen and repeat." So, you know, English class is being conducted in full Korean. :o

I'm pretty sure socialization is encouraged among teachers at my school. They get a kick out of me and tell me they love me and want to be chingus at teacher dinners after enough soju. But then the next day at school they won't say a word to me. It's sojuconfidence. :lol:

Vids aren't working, but I think I've seen the first one just based on your description. :lol:

Sounds like the typical problems I heard about when I was living in Seoul. It's so stupid that any teacher can be assigned to teach English! The government wants to phase out foreigners but they need to tackle this problem before they get rid of the foreigners. I'm sure there wouldn't be enough English teachers if everyone was given a choice but there are some teachers severely lacking in training, experience and practice. It wouldn't be such a bad idea to create a separate teacher training program for Korean English teachers because there are plenty of hagwon teachers who would like to work in a public school but don't want to go through the long and difficult process of passing that qualification test. Then all the students' teachers would actually speak English!

My kids were too young to realise how lucky/rich they were. We'd go on field trips and there'd be other groups from regular kindergartens and my kids would try to talk to them. Then they'd come running back to me asking why the other kids didn't speak English! They never really got my explanation of how some kids couldn't or didn't want to go to a specialized hagwon.

Setsuna.
Sep 17th, 2012, 02:48 AM
:lol:

I like it!

iGOAT
Sep 17th, 2012, 02:51 AM
"Gangnam Style" is great! I hope it becomes the next "Call Me Maybe" :D.

I hope "Bubble Pop" will be the next K-Pop song to break through in the west :bounce:.

Volcana
Sep 17th, 2012, 02:53 AM
This is either a perfect pop/rap video, or a perfect parody of a pop/rap video. English pop radio in the States lays this, and they can NOT have any idea what he's saying, or why.

Yeah, it's the 'Macarena', but what-goes-viral does reveal the character of a culture.

Setsuna.
Sep 17th, 2012, 03:25 AM
"Gangnam Style" is great! I hope it becomes the next "Call Me Maybe" :D.

I hope "Bubble Pop" will be the next K-Pop song to break through in the west :bounce:.

Gangnam Style is way better than that shit song. :o

edificio
Sep 18th, 2012, 12:11 AM
This is either a perfect pop/rap video, or a perfect parody of a pop/rap video. English pop radio in the States lays this, and they can NOT have any idea what he's saying, or why.

Yeah, it's the 'Macarena', but what-goes-viral does reveal the character of a culture.

Spot on. Though they made it too long and repetitive.

I really hate the styling in it, too. Okay, the dancing too.

Julian.
Sep 18th, 2012, 05:03 AM
QZmkU5Pg1sw

Ferg
Sep 18th, 2012, 11:21 AM
Spot on. Though they made it too long and repetitive.

I really hate the styling in it, too. Okay, the dancing too.

Dress classy, dance cheesy..

Sammo
Sep 19th, 2012, 08:43 PM
Oppa Batman Style

http://sphotos-a.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/c0.22.403.403/p403x403/561021_433801840019227_376483675_n.jpg

Mary Cherry.
Sep 19th, 2012, 09:32 PM
Oppa Batman Style

http://sphotos-a.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/c0.22.403.403/p403x403/561021_433801840019227_376483675_n.jpg

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mak06el50P1rh6vwso1_400.gif

Monica_Rules
Sep 19th, 2012, 10:31 PM
This song is utter shit. Why are people buying it?

Ferg
Sep 19th, 2012, 10:47 PM
Nominated for Best Video at the European MTV Music Awards, and rolled past 220m views today with no signs of slowing down anytime soon :rolls:

edificio
Sep 20th, 2012, 12:29 AM
Here is an interesting article that gives some context to Psy's "Gangnam Style (http://www.theatlantic.com/international/archive/2012/08/gangnam-style-dissected-the-subversive-message-within-south-koreas-music-video-sensation/261462/)," pointing out some of the issues in South Korea that are brought out in the song and that some posters here have been discussing. Maybe some have something to add to or correct in the article. I would be interested in hearing your thoughts. :)

SidTheKid
Sep 20th, 2012, 07:32 PM
Better than Bieber and 1D combined still really bad :lol:

kwilliams
Sep 20th, 2012, 08:18 PM
Here is an interesting article that gives some context to Psy's "Gangnam Style (http://www.theatlantic.com/international/archive/2012/08/gangnam-style-dissected-the-subversive-message-within-south-koreas-music-video-sensation/261462/)," pointing out some of the issues in South Korea that are brought out in the song and that some posters here have been discussing. Maybe some have something to add to or correct in the article. I would be interested in hearing your thoughts. :)

It's a good article. The stuff about people overusing credit cards is completely true. As the article says, each adult has about 4-5 credit cards. The number among some young women is much higher. You'll see them sliding close to a dozen credit cards out of their wallets at times, trying to recall which one they can use and which one they can't!

The article keeps calling Gangnam a neighborhood! It's not! A dong is a neighborhood and there is a Gangnam-dong but a gu is a district and the song is about the district. Gangnam-dong is probably the most commercial part of Gangnam-gu and it's arguably the most famous dong in all of Korea but other parts of Gangnam-gu like Apgujeong and Cheongdam typify "Gangnam" a little more (especially some of the things the article mentions) It's so true about people skimping on the essentials to afford luxuries and coffee shops are EVERYWHERE in Korea! There were about 5 Tom N Tom's coffee shops, 2 or 3 Starbucks, Café Java and a couple of Café Benes withing walking distance of my apt and those were just the ones I can remember and also just ones that were part of chains. Coffee shops are places to hangout 1) because apartments are too small to welcome visitors very often 2) because they are seen as somewhat trendy because of how popular they are made out to be in American movies and tv programs.

It's also true that people in Gangnam tend to be trust fund kids rather than self-made millionaires but the Korea's true elite still see Gangnam as a "new money" area.

I'm not sure if Psy's video is intended to be satirical or subversive. Most Koreans can't even grasp the concept of sarcasm, let alone satire! Also, one look at a Korean variety show will give you a sense of how infantile and straaaanggee Korean sense of humour is...

For example: Choco Boy - "That's Very Hot"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lJlucj5JQ-U

I suppose this was subversive in a way since these performers were clearly trying to get Koreans to be more gay-friendly or more comfortable with "camp" but if Koreans really knew what this act was intended to be they (as a society) would not like it ONE BIT. This was a family show. Some of my really young students used to do that little grind/dance and say "that's very hot" and I was always like, "please stop...please."

kwilliams
Sep 20th, 2012, 08:24 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=endscreen&v=XyxmhhnmOFY&NR=1

Weird, just...weird. I understand Koreans better than most, better than some Korean Americans, even but I will never, ever, ever even come close to understanding their comedy.

Setsuna.
Sep 21st, 2012, 12:09 AM
wcLNteez3c4

Beat
Sep 21st, 2012, 07:34 AM
Psy is really milking it, isn't he? :lol:

QZmkU5Pg1sw

oh no, simon cowell called it fantastic and amazing. :sad:

rrfnpump
Sep 21st, 2012, 08:02 AM
Most Koreans can't even grasp the concept of sarcasm, let alone satire! Also, one look at a Korean variety show will give you a sense of how infantile and straaaanggee Korean sense of humour is...

I so know what you mean. :lol: It's the same for Japanese.

CrossCourt~Rally
Sep 21st, 2012, 11:28 AM
I saw this guy perform live on Ellen the other day :bounce: Hilarious stuff :haha:

ElusiveChanteuse
Sep 21st, 2012, 12:28 PM
I saw this guy perform live on Ellen the other day :bounce: Hilarious stuff :haha:

I prefer the one done by Korean mom and son duo.:oh:

edificio
Sep 21st, 2012, 09:11 PM
It's a good article. The stuff about people overusing credit cards is completely true. As the article says, each adult has about 4-5 credit cards. The number among some young women is much higher. You'll see them sliding close to a dozen credit cards out of their wallets at times, trying to recall which one they can use and which one they can't!

The article keeps calling Gangnam a neighborhood! It's not! A dong is a neighborhood and there is a Gangnam-dong but a gu is a district and the song is about the district. Gangnam-dong is probably the most commercial part of Gangnam-gu and it's arguably the most famous dong in all of Korea but other parts of Gangnam-gu like Apgujeong and Cheongdam typify "Gangnam" a little more (especially some of the things the article mentions) It's so true about people skimping on the essentials to afford luxuries and coffee shops are EVERYWHERE in Korea! There were about 5 Tom N Tom's coffee shops, 2 or 3 Starbucks, Café Java and a couple of Café Benes withing walking distance of my apt and those were just the ones I can remember and also just ones that were part of chains. Coffee shops are places to hangout 1) because apartments are too small to welcome visitors very often 2) because they are seen as somewhat trendy because of how popular they are made out to be in American movies and tv programs.

It's also true that people in Gangnam tend to be trust fund kids rather than self-made millionaires but the Korea's true elite still see Gangnam as a "new money" area.

I'm not sure if Psy's video is intended to be satirical or subversive. Most Koreans can't even grasp the concept of sarcasm, let alone satire! Also, one look at a Korean variety show will give you a sense of how infantile and straaaanggee Korean sense of humour is...

For example: Choco Boy - "That's Very Hot"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lJlucj5JQ-U

I suppose this was subversive in a way since these performers were clearly trying to get Koreans to be more gay-friendly or more comfortable with "camp" but if Koreans really knew what this act was intended to be they (as a society) would not like it ONE BIT. This was a family show. Some of my really young students used to do that little grind/dance and say "that's very hot" and I was always like, "please stop...please."

Thanks for your comments. So, you don't think Psy is satirizing or perhaps mocking this way of life? Is he trying to elevate or glamorize it? Very interesting. Someone could write a thesis on the subject of Korean musical acts.

rrfnpump
Sep 21st, 2012, 10:55 PM
6Eo5YU_ueJc

:tape:

Sammo
Sep 21st, 2012, 11:17 PM
6Eo5YU_ueJc

:haha:

New_balls_please
Sep 22nd, 2012, 05:22 PM
I was at this flash mob yesterday :cheer:

I hope you guys like the vid :)

SxUWoMNa8WI&feature=player_embedded#!

CrossCourt~Rally
Sep 24th, 2012, 01:12 AM
Gangnam Style moved up 34 notches this week to #3 in the UK :worship:

Ferg
Sep 24th, 2012, 09:31 AM
GqJmP7PcaUw

Setsuna.
Sep 24th, 2012, 09:35 AM
^ :haha:

Setsuna.
Sep 24th, 2012, 09:48 AM
One more.

xibQbeTLMfU

Mynarco
Sep 24th, 2012, 11:07 AM
Maybe it's just me or he reminds me of William Hung when they have their sunglasses on

Ferg
Sep 29th, 2012, 08:38 PM
Looks set to be named UK#1 tomorrow :inlove:

CrossCourt~Rally
Sep 29th, 2012, 08:50 PM

^^ :yeah:

It's up from #11 - #2 this week in the US and almost assured to hit #1 in a week or two :banana:

Ferg
Sep 29th, 2012, 08:54 PM
And people thought it's success couldnt translate from the internet onto the charts :oh:

Nicolás89
Sep 29th, 2012, 09:23 PM
First time I see this, loved it! :lol:

kwilliams
Sep 29th, 2012, 10:19 PM
I'm surprised that it's only topping the charts now. You think people would be getting tired of it by now.

Finally Korea have their "world star," my students used to tell me that Rain was a "world star" and I had to break it to them that only the few people who were into kpop knew who Rain was and that he was largely a complete unknown. Years later, Psy has given them what they want. It helps that he speaks English though and can boost his profile by appearing on Ellen etc.

iGOAT
Sep 30th, 2012, 05:09 PM
I'm surprised that it's only topping the charts now. You think people would be getting tired of it by now.

Finally Korea have their "world star," my students used to tell me that Rain was a "world star" and I had to break it to them that only the few people who were into kpop knew who Rain was and that he was largely a complete unknown. Years later, Psy has given them what they want. It helps that he speaks English though and can boost his profile by appearing on Ellen etc.
Songs tend to top after they've really peaked in terms of popularity. "Call Me Maybe" really got big here over spring break and by the time June rolled around most people were sick of it, yet it was still "Song of the Summer".

rrfnpump
Sep 30th, 2012, 05:13 PM
Finally Korea have their "world star"

I think it will only last for one song...

kwilliams
Sep 30th, 2012, 09:51 PM
^ Probably true but that's still better than nothing - better than Rain!

Certinfy
Sep 30th, 2012, 10:59 PM
:facepalm:

Clay Death
Sep 30th, 2012, 11:32 PM
i like the song. the video is relatively creative.

however i cant see it lasting at the top for long.

Reptilia
Oct 1st, 2012, 12:03 AM
That gangnam reign just wont let up.

http://30.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lh4rj36EGD1qewmu6o1_r3_500.gif

C. Drone
Oct 1st, 2012, 07:43 AM

My neighbour only found out the song this weekend. :tape:

duhcity
Oct 1st, 2012, 08:37 AM

You need radio to be on your side these days to get to #1. It might have blown up first with the video, but it's only been recently in the last week or so that it's shot up on radio.

HawkAussie
Oct 1st, 2012, 09:28 AM
Gangman style.

It's so popular, it one of the song for music to get to class at my high school.

Wert.
Oct 3rd, 2012, 09:42 PM
I almost puked. :lol:

Horrible, what a attention whore. It's not much popular here anymore.

Ferg
Oct 3rd, 2012, 10:37 PM
I almost puked. :lol:

Horrible, what a attention whore. It's not much popular here anymore.

Still popular where it matters thankfully :inlove:

Mixal
Oct 3rd, 2012, 11:00 PM
Please Maria, send him back to Korea.

jimskeuh
Oct 3rd, 2012, 11:30 PM
great song and funny clip. love it

jimskeuh
Oct 3rd, 2012, 11:50 PM
6Eo5YU_ueJc

hahaha pissing my pants:lol:

Mary Cherry.
Oct 4th, 2012, 04:53 AM
My parents know this exists. It must be big news.

Kitten63
Oct 4th, 2012, 02:46 PM
The first time my mom heard this the other day she thought he was saying oppa condom style :sobbing:

Michalka
Oct 4th, 2012, 02:48 PM
UK No.1, now Australia No.1. What's next, Billboard No.1?

If it does, surely it has to rank up there with the likes of Macarena and Ice Ice Baby as one of the biggest one-hit wonders ever :sobbing:

CrossCourt~Rally
Oct 4th, 2012, 11:21 PM
UK No.1, now Australia No.1. What's next, Billboard No.1?

If it does, surely it has to rank up there with the likes of Macarena and Ice Ice Baby as one of the biggest one-hit wonders ever :sobbing:

Omg, eeeeeyyy Macarena... what a flashback to the 90's :lol:

Btw, i just checked Billboard.com and it looks like PSY will hit #1 tomorrow in a photo finish just ahead of Maroon 5 :eek:

Slammer7
Oct 5th, 2012, 05:00 AM
^ Probably true but that's still better than nothing - better than Rain!

Don't hate on Rain. It's not Rains fault the West can't apreciate this......

http://images.kenshingurl.multiply.com/image/n0-+5Ja4nsTuvXTeiuJOtQ/photos/1M/300x300/233/rain-fugitive-abs-baring-walk.gif?et=OIsYU2nEJjjVIBcztpSGuw&nmid=0

and this.....
http://images.kenshingurl.multiply.com/image/TW32RgEHxApnEcazbr4s7w/photos/1M/300x300/234/rain-abs-flash-love-song-gif.gif?et=Iyi5BwhRGuGYEwBpjngOSw&nmid=0

and this.....
http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_llh9idlNxM1qeews0o1_500.gif

and this....
kx5COTBjcNc

I mean serious, it's the Wests loss. :shrug:

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_pki5_CepjLs/S726-wV--ZI/AAAAAAAAHBA/_3FBm9bYCCg/s1600/2.jpg

:sobbing:

ElusiveChanteuse
Oct 5th, 2012, 02:34 PM
Well a fit guy like Rain can be found anywhere in the US.:shrug: Psy become famous, one factor is that he is not like your typical popstar.:oh: but mainly he got discovered and raved due to the song with the riding horse dance.:oh:

Slammer7
Oct 5th, 2012, 06:48 PM
Well a fit guy like Rain can be found anywhere in the US.:shrug: Psy become famous, one factor is that he is not like your typical popstar.:oh: but mainly he got discovered and raved due to the song with the riding horse dance.:oh:

It was mainly an excuse to post sexy, oiled up, shirtless Rain gifs. ;) :p :lol:

But........

Rain is a sex symbol, they don't just grow on trees. :shrug: Sexiness/fitness and charisma along with singing talent and an amazing stage presence are special things and Rain has all of them. The thing I've had a problem with for the longest time about the U.S music industry is that talented singers and performers who don't fit the demographics almost never get a chance. Quite a few K-Pop stars are actually Americans. :o They get discovered then shipped to Korea or Japan to make it big. It's just nuts, the record companies think they can't sell them to a U.S market so they ship them off to Asia where they learn the language a bit and how to sing in it phonetically. :o It used to be the same with Latin and Hispanic Americans too many years ago. Only in the last couple of decades has that changed. I can't wait for the day when an Asian American artist can get a break in their home country first if that's where they want to be and then branch out into the Asian markets as well.

As far as PSY goes, the song is super catchy, has a chorus that is easy to sing and has some English in it too and the video is hilarious. Gangnam Style was also helped by the fact that K-Pop is an emerging genre that has been picking up steam for a while. So when Gangnam Style hit YouTube people spread the word, YouTube featured it and it grew from there. :hearts: A lot of people who are dissatisfied with the current state of Pop have discovered K-Pop and love the singing, the dancing and the overall presence of many K-Pop artists. PSY also isn't a 'flower boy' or a pretty boy which in Korea isn't an asset, but in the West it kind of is. :lol: I loved the song the first time I heard it and saw the video and I'm glad that America and the West has taken notice. I really hope it's not a Korean Macarena because there are so many great K-Pop and Indie and even Trot stars that deserve to be noticed and appreciated on the world stage. I understand that cultural differences will keep most from making the cross over, but if just 1% of them get a chance on an international stage that would be great for music in general and the Korean and hopefully by extension Japanese music industry as well.

Super Dave
Oct 5th, 2012, 07:00 PM
GS beats the shit out of Macarena...please stop the comparisons ;)

kwilliams
Oct 6th, 2012, 01:20 PM
Yeah, Rain's got a great body but a lot of young Seoulites really look after themselves so he's not really that special. His face is quite plain too, he's attractive but not all that striking. I think Tae-yang from Big Bang and Taecyeon from 2PM are way more attractive. Also you'd probably find a couple of guys on each and every subway car who'd be more attractive than Rain...well, on certain lines, anyway! Although, Taecyeon is one of those people you mentioned that are shipped from (or back to, in his case) SK from abroad.

Plus, Rain's got that wonky eye that he tries to hide!

GoofyDuck
Oct 18th, 2012, 07:18 AM
The parody with Hyuna is painful though. :tape: The video is epic, but even without it the song gets stuck in your head and it's easy to sing, both the English parts and a good deal of the Korean. :) You can never go wrong with some saranghae. :hearts:

Almost 100 million views :spit: It sucks that they made her do that stupid voice , I like her bubble pop better :oh:

And about Korean entertainment, I think shows like Strong Heart, Star King, the music shows, some drama's and we got married is great :).

MBLAQ Lee Joon is on we got married now and he is hotter than Rain, saw a clip on youtube of him poledancing, wowah.

Setsuna.
Oct 18th, 2012, 07:22 AM
481,421,170 views so far.

ElusiveChanteuse
Oct 18th, 2012, 12:23 PM
Read that his album flops.:shrug:

JN
Oct 18th, 2012, 01:03 PM
There's much better K-pop around :rolleyes:

Can't stand this one getting so much attention :lol:

Pov will put an end to it (http://www.tennisforum.com/showthread.php?t=469797) once he catches wind. :lol:

miffedmax
Oct 18th, 2012, 04:06 PM
I am late to the party but I think it's goofy fun.

Richie's
Oct 18th, 2012, 06:26 PM
I just saw this video but the US Navy edition! Epic :lol:

CrossCourt~Rally
Oct 19th, 2012, 11:24 AM
3 weeks at #2 in the US :awww: It looks like Maroon 5 will keep it from ever hitting #1 in the US :sad:

FORZA SARITA
Oct 19th, 2012, 01:32 PM
http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mbbjboYrHO1rdxq86o1_500.gif

Tennis Fool
Oct 20th, 2012, 12:31 AM
9FtZkVRkusQ

pov
Oct 20th, 2012, 02:34 PM
Pov will put an end to it (http://www.tennisforum.com/showthread.php?t=469797) once he catches wind. :lol:
:eek: Seriously I'm sorry that I broke your heart but I hope you'll seek some help in getting over your obsession with me. The fact that you see nothing wrong with making up stupid and blatant lies just to mess with me is concerning.

As I mentioned to someone else, the most recent case of a kid offing themselves because of cyber-harassment made me decide to no longer see it as amusing. And in that thread, at least the poster was attacking me about something that is my opinion. You've gone beyond that. The first step will be to report you on here.

pov
Oct 20th, 2012, 02:42 PM
http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mbbjboYrHO1rdxq86o1_500.gif
:yeah: Hilarious!

fantic
Oct 21st, 2012, 03:06 PM
Psy was a draft dodger, used illegal drugs, a notorious plagiarist..

The world really is not fair.

JN
Oct 21st, 2012, 05:52 PM
:eek: Seriously I'm sorry that I broke your heart but I hope you'll seek some help in getting over your obsession with me. The fact that you see nothing wrong with making up stupid and blatant lies just to mess with me is concerning.

As I mentioned to someone else, the most recent case of a kid offing themselves because of cyber-harassment made me decide to no longer see it as amusing. And in that thread, at least the poster was attacking me about something that is my opinion. You've gone beyond that. The first step will be to report you on here.

As much as you dismiss and ride people's backs for their opinions around here? :rolleyes:

delicatecutter
Oct 22nd, 2012, 12:25 AM
"open condom style" :hysteric:

Zhao
Oct 26th, 2012, 11:38 AM
PSY to hold his first U.S. solo concert in January 2013!
PSY has been in the spotlight since the release of his worldwide hit “Gangnam Style,” which was originally released in July. Since it went viral in August, PSY has been highlighted everywhere across the world, making exclusive appearances on well-known shows in the U.S, in addition to having a scheduled appearance as a guest speaker at Oxford University (http://www.koreaboo.com/index.html/_/general/psy-to-appear-on-abc-the-view-and-inv-r18496).

Live Nation has revealed that PSY will be headlining at the Honda Center in Anaheim, California this coming January, which will act at his first solo concert in the United States.

Previously, K-Pop acts who have performed at that very same venue this year include SMTOWN LIVE as well as PSY’s YG Entertainment labelmates, BIGBANG.

Set to perform in front of thousands of fans, PSY will perform at the Honda Center on Saturday, January 26, 2013. Tickets for PSY’s upcoming U.S. concert will go on sale on Saturday, October 27th at 10AM through Live Nation (http://www.livenation.com/PSY-tickets/artist/1787667) and Ticketmaster (http://www.ticketmaster.com/event/090049569477434E?crosssite=LN_US:1787667:73797) with tickets ranging from $40 USD to $300 (VIP).

PSY made his debut in South Korea in 2001 with the track “Bird,” and a decade later, has showered the country with several well-loved hits such as “Champion,” “Paradise,” “Entertainer,” “Right Now,” and “Shake It.”

After a two year hiatus, PSY returned with “Gangnam Style,” shaking not just South Korea, but the world with his horse-style dance.

:scared:

ElusiveChanteuse
Oct 26th, 2012, 12:06 PM
Solo concert? What other songs is he going to perform? Or the whole 90-120 mins concert he'll be dancing to Gangnam Style?:lol:

Drake1980
Oct 26th, 2012, 04:51 PM
gross

GoofyDuck
Dec 7th, 2012, 08:43 PM
http://nymag.com/daily/intel/2012/12/psy-kill-american-soldiers-rap.html?mid=twitter_nymag

It was fun while it lasted :sobbing:

Sammo
Dec 7th, 2012, 08:58 PM
http://nymag.com/daily/intel/2012/12/psy-kill-american-soldiers-rap.html?mid=twitter_nymag

It was fun while it lasted :sobbing:

OMG :hysteric:

kwilliams
Dec 8th, 2012, 12:30 PM
Wow, that seems out of character! There were some interesting comments posted below the article. He took a lot of responsibility for his words in his apology but I think he could've gone a bit further. I could maybe accept this as freedom of speech gone awry in the heat of the moment...although these were words that he wrote and decided to perform, not words he merely utter on the spur of the moment...as well as that, mentioning the families of servicemen really took it way too far. I think he was going to have a really tough time becoming more than a one-hit-wonder (huge though that one hit was) he'll need a media miracle now.

ivanban
Dec 8th, 2012, 10:38 PM
I think his possible career in USA went to drain after this. Really don't see how he could turn it around atm :tape: Not that he was really good to begin with

lympyisthebest
Dec 8th, 2012, 10:40 PM
He was always going to be a one hit wonder anyway.

CrossCourt~Rally
Dec 9th, 2012, 01:05 AM
It'll be interesting to see if he still performs at the ' Christmas in Washington ' TV special on the 21st :oh:

*JR*
Dec 9th, 2012, 06:00 PM
Its even entered the standoff in the US on the "fiscal cliff". :tape:

kjLuj0EhsQg

Whitehead's Boy
Dec 9th, 2012, 08:36 PM
A racist South Korean, wow, that's almost as surprising as... Serena beating Errani on hardcourt.