PDA

View Full Version : Nadzeya Ostapchuk of Belarus first casualty of Olympic drug tests.

Pops Maellard
Aug 13th, 2012, 11:01 AM
She lost her gold medal for doping.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/2012/aug/13/belarusian-shot-putter-nadzeya-ostapchuk-gold?newsfeed=true
The Belarusian shot putter Nadzeya Ostapchuk has been stripped of her Olympic gold medal after failing a doping test.

The New Zealander Valerie Adams will now be awarded the gold, Russia's Evgeniia Kolodko will take the silver and China's Lijiao Gong will win the bronze.

Ostapchuk was tested twice, once on 5 August and again the following day after she had finished first in the women's shot put. The IOC says both samples indicated the presence of metenolone, which is classified as an anabolic agent under the 2012 Prohibited List.

The shot putter has been retrospectively disqualified from the event, has been excluded from the Games, and will have her Olympic accreditation removed immediately as well as losing her gold medal.

I was really suspicious when I watched the shot put final. We all know she's a good shot putter but her performance definitely looked 'enhanced' :tape:.

KournikovaFan91
Aug 13th, 2012, 11:05 AM
Another gold for Team NZ, pity Val never got her "moment" in London, but she is till Olympic champion. :cheer:

Valanga
Aug 13th, 2012, 11:07 AM
She robbed Ms Adams her chance and moment on the podium. A ban is ensued surely?

Kon.
Aug 13th, 2012, 11:12 AM
Glad she got caught.
A shame she deprived Adams and the bronze medal winner too of having their moment on the podium during the Games.

CatTs
Aug 13th, 2012, 11:13 AM
:o Idiots.

olivero
Aug 13th, 2012, 11:13 AM
:o
too bad Val won't receive her gold on the podium, but at least she gets the gold

nevetssllim
Aug 13th, 2012, 11:14 AM
I agree with the OP. While I am largely dubious about Belarussian throwers, I wasn't as suspicious of Ostapchuk as I am with some of their other team members...until the last three or four weeks. She threw 21.58m put in her homeland (hasn't really been achieved since the days of the Iron Curtain) and then she was churning out 21m-plus throws like a machine in the Olympic final even though she'd never broken 21m outside of BLR until London.

Pleased Valerie gets the gold. A shame she couldn't do a victory lap knowing she was the winner but I'm sure she can do a three-peat in Rio. :yeah:

Chris 84
Aug 13th, 2012, 11:17 AM
and this is what turns people off the olympics completely. sure, it might not be the 100m final, but i expect plenty of people tuned in to watch the shot put, but what they saw was pretty irrelevant due to cheaters. just leaves a sour taste in the mouth.

Michalka
Aug 13th, 2012, 12:22 PM
I'm really happy for Valerie :cheer:

Ostapchuk :help: to think she was crying so vehemently when she won the gold....through doping :facepalm:

now i gotta rewatch the shot put final to see her performance again

Mikey.
Aug 13th, 2012, 12:44 PM
I feel bad for Valerie! Poor thing didn't get her moment of glory on the podium. :sad:

LoLex
Aug 13th, 2012, 12:59 PM
Never in doubt.

Lin Lin
Aug 13th, 2012, 01:01 PM
:help:

ElusiveChanteuse
Aug 13th, 2012, 01:33 PM
:help:

At least China got an extra bronze.:oh:

CatTs
Aug 13th, 2012, 01:34 PM
But it's funny how much humor the news has generated in BLR twitter. LOLs far and wide. We fail and then we laugh.

Richie's
Aug 13th, 2012, 08:41 PM
No one can beat Valerie :woohoo:
Happy for her. She's such a sweet person.

edificio
Aug 13th, 2012, 08:44 PM
Oh my goodness. Adams could hardly believe Ostapchuk was throwing so well.

So sad that Adams didn't get to be awarded the medal in front of the huge crowd for her country.

But it's funny how much humor the news has generated in BLR twitter. LOLs far and wide. We fail and then we laugh.

Better than crying, I suppose.

ranfurly
Aug 13th, 2012, 08:57 PM
An Ugly Win, at the hands of an Ugly Woman.

I am jubilated for Val, it's a shame she won't celebrate her victory like the other gold medalists.

That Belorussian should bloody be ashamed of herself, ban her for life.

G-Ha
Aug 13th, 2012, 10:29 PM
Ostapchuk surely was not the only athlete doping - just the only one who was caught, so far. I'm more surprised she was so sloppy in her administering of it as to get caught. And Primobolan of all things! :lol:

hurricanejeanne
Aug 13th, 2012, 11:41 PM
Oh yeah, this is just the first of many busted athletes.

I wish there was a way they could test and get the results back on athletes prior to the medal rounds so that they cannot compete in the medal rounds and therefore not rob the true winners of their rightful glory.

Tennisation
Aug 14th, 2012, 12:03 AM
So Vika is the only one that brought home the gold for Belarus :worship:

gc-spurs
Aug 14th, 2012, 03:43 AM
I agree with the OP. While I am largely dubious about Belarussian throwers, I wasn't as suspicious of Ostapchuk as I am with some of their other team members...until the last three or four weeks. She threw 21.58m put in her homeland (hasn't really been achieved since the days of the Iron Curtain) and then she was churning out 21m-plus throws like a machine in the Olympic final even though she'd never broken 21m outside of BLR until London.

Pleased Valerie gets the gold. A shame she couldn't do a victory lap knowing she was the winner but I'm sure she can do a three-peat in Rio. :yeah:

Right? Her sudden improvement should have been a flag. She was consistently hitting high 19s/low 20s and then all of a sudden mid year she churns out 21s? Shot put is the kind of sport where enhancements would make a huge difference, and where huge improvements don't happen that quickly.

But NZ planning to give her a ceremony that she deserves once the medal is reclaimed from Ostapchuk. Betting agencies also losing out cause they paid out for Ostapchuk and now have to pay out for Val.

Gotta be said though, NZ media not being classy about it. It's one thing for the online community to make jokes about Ostapchuk being a man, but the morning news show was repeating it this morning and put a pic of her next to Jake from 2 and a Half Men. One thing to be angry about cheating, but putting down a shot putter for her looks extends it to all the other shot putters (not the daintiest, Val included) and brings down women in sports like wrestling, weightlifting and discus.

delicatecutter
Aug 14th, 2012, 03:53 AM
How stupid do you have to be to doping when you know you're going to be drug-tested? :facepalm:

ranfurly
Aug 14th, 2012, 03:55 AM
Right? Her sudden improvement should have been a flag. She was consistently hitting high 19s/low 20s and then all of a sudden mid year she churns out 21s? Shot put is the kind of sport where enhancements would make a huge difference, and where huge improvements don't happen that quickly.

But NZ planning to give her a ceremony that she deserves once the medal is reclaimed from Ostapchuk. Betting agencies also losing out cause they paid out for Ostapchuk and now have to pay out for Val.

Gotta be said though, NZ media not being classy about it. It's one thing for the online community to make jokes about Ostapchuk being a man, but the morning news show was repeating it this morning and put a pic of her next to Jake from 2 and a Half Men. One thing to be angry about cheating, but putting down a shot putter for her looks extends it to all the other shot putters (not the daintiest, Val included) and brings down women in sports like wrestling, weightlifting and discus.

Peace Ho, I bar confusion!

I used to masturbate daily to the poster of Ostapchuk on my wall. I have no complaints,.

gc-spurs
Aug 14th, 2012, 04:30 AM

I used to masturbate daily to the poster of Ostapchuk on my wall. I have no complaints,.

Then you've got it right, matey.

delicatecutter
Aug 14th, 2012, 04:31 AM

Wut? I thought you were a homosexual?

Mary Cherry.
Aug 14th, 2012, 04:33 AM
http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/400x/24845597.jpg

Mary Cherry.
Aug 14th, 2012, 04:34 AM
http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/400x/24846290.jpg

I love the Internet :hysteric:

PhilePhile
Aug 14th, 2012, 04:40 AM
He [Drug Free Sport New Zealand executive director Graeme Steele] said it was odd that Ostapchuk, who is accusing Olympic organisers of prejudice against Belarussian athletes, did not test positive in any of her prior 16 tests she claims to have undergone since April.

"If she's using it, then you would have expected her to have been using it for some months, and therefore you would expect it to have been picked up in those prior tests."

"You would expect to find it during a training phase, and not during a competition phase.

It almost certainly would make no difference taking the steroid the week before the games, and even if you did it most certainly wouldn't be worth the risk, he said.

For sports like shot put, Steele said if athletes were to take performance enhancing drugs, they would do it about two to three months prior to the event to make the most of their training.

... After being stripped of her medal, Ostapchuk (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nadzeya_Astapchuk) told Belarus media she had done nothing wrong.

"I do not understand where it could come from," Ostapchuk told internet news agency Noviny.by.

"I'm looking like an idiot to take this in heading for the games and knowing that it is so easy to be tested. Nonsense. I'm being tested every month, every week.

"I hope for the better. The most important for me is to clear my reputation.

- "Ostapchuk's claims may be valid - NZ agency (http://www.nzherald.co.nz/sport/news/article.cfm?c_id=4&objectid=10826795)", By Teuila Fuatai 1:28 PM Tuesday Aug 14, 2012, www.nzherald.co.nz

delicatecutter
Aug 14th, 2012, 05:17 AM
:spit: That's the "lady" who got caught? Ummmm shocker!

gc-spurs
Aug 14th, 2012, 05:24 AM
He [Drug Free Sport New Zealand executive director Graeme Steele] said it was odd that Ostapchuk, who is accusing Olympic organisers of prejudice against Belarussian athletes, did not test positive in any of her prior 16 tests she claims to have undergone since April.

"If she's using it, then you would have expected her to have been using it for some months, and therefore you would expect it to have been picked up in those prior tests."

"You would expect to find it during a training phase, and not during a competition phase.

It almost certainly would make no difference taking the steroid the week before the games, and even if you did it most certainly wouldn't be worth the risk, he said.

For sports like shot put, Steele said if athletes were to take performance enhancing drugs, they would do it about two to three months prior to the event to make the most of their training.

... After being stripped of her medal, Ostapchuk (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nadzeya_Astapchuk) told Belarus media she had done nothing wrong.

"I do not understand where it could come from," Ostapchuk told internet news agency Noviny.by.

"I'm looking like an idiot to take this in heading for the games and knowing that it is so easy to be tested. Nonsense. I'm being tested every month, every week.

"I hope for the better. The most important for me is to clear my reputation.

- "Ostapchuk's claims may be valid - NZ agency (http://www.nzherald.co.nz/sport/news/article.cfm?c_id=4&objectid=10826795)", By Teuila Fuatai 1:28 PM Tuesday Aug 14, 2012, www.nzherald.co.nz

Lets entertain her claims for a second, how is this drug administered and is it at all possible that whatever she has been ingesting has been laced? Cause otherwise how else would it get in your system?

gc-spurs
Aug 14th, 2012, 05:25 AM

Sheepshaggers don't discriminate on gender :angel:

Melange
Aug 14th, 2012, 06:06 AM
and this is what turns people off the olympics completely. sure, it might not be the 100m final, but i expect plenty of people tuned in to watch the shot put, but what they saw was pretty irrelevant due to cheaters. just leaves a sour taste in the mouth.

the 100m final was free of cheaters? :haha::haha:

Melange
Aug 14th, 2012, 06:11 AM
Oh yeah, this is just the first of many busted athletes.

:haha::haha: yeah right

ranfurly
Aug 14th, 2012, 06:21 AM

Im about as Homosexual as a sheep farmer from Balclutha mate.

nevetssllim
Aug 14th, 2012, 09:52 AM
Lets entertain her claims for a second, how is this drug administered and is it at all possible that whatever she has been ingesting has been laced? Cause otherwise how else would it get in your system?

I'd say it's probably because the anti-doping techniques used at the Olympics are more sophisticated.

Gurl's a mess.

Ostapchuk also accused Olympic organisers of prejudice against the Belarussian athletes, Reuters reported.

"You all know how we had been treated there, just ask Ivan Tsikhan," she said, referring to the Belarussian hammer thrower booted out of this year's Olympics because of a positive drug test from the 2004 Games in Athens.

"We must fight for our rights. If we remain silent and accept the punishment, then they will continue to humiliate us."

Bit of a USSR train of thought? Claim innocent and blame it on the West.

nevetssllim
Aug 14th, 2012, 09:58 AM
http://goals.by/london2012/news/143466

Put through google translate
Valerie came not in sports. Adams was in fact not even in the minutes before the start of the Games-2012. Because she was also a positive test in 2005. But unlike her Vani Tikhon allowed to compete. Speaking of double standards. Here's an update. I was "buried", and someone pulled. If the rumors are gone, it means that Valerie had a problem

Talk about slander! Adams has never tested positive. And how would she be the only person in the know about it?

Pops Maellard
Aug 14th, 2012, 10:42 AM

Normally I'd agree but I think she deserves all that she gets for cheating and robbing the deserving winner of her moment on the podium.

Oh and I almost forgot:

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lz9e43Iefb1qa6lp8.gif

PhilePhile
Aug 14th, 2012, 10:49 AM
I'd say it's probably because the anti-doping techniques used at the Olympics are more sophisticated.

Gurl's a mess.

Bit of a USSR train of thought? Claim innocent and blame it on the West.

That's your assumption.

http://goals.by/london2012/news/143466

Put through google translate
Valerie came not in sports. Adams was in fact not even in the minutes before the start of the Games-2012. Because she was also a positive test in 2005. But unlike her Vani Tikhon allowed to compete. Speaking of double standards. Here's an update. I was "buried", and someone pulled. If the rumors are gone, it means that Valerie had a problem

Talk about slander! Adams has never tested positive. And how would she be the only person in the know about it?

Another assumption. Adams has never been declared positive.

"USSR train of thought?"

Belarusian history also knows a very different story: In September 1995 a balloon participating in an announced international race was shot down; two Americans were killed. A big international scandal followed. ... Notoriously, Belarusian air defence system is meant to protect Russia as well. And now Belarus is planning to help Venezuela build up an air shield.

- Posted by Maryna Rakhlei (http://blogs.euobserver.com/rakhlei/tag/nato-russia/) (a programme coordinator at the German Marshall Fund of the United States) in EU on July 10, 2012

Sam L
Aug 14th, 2012, 10:58 AM
I thought the same. :eek:

gulzhan
Aug 14th, 2012, 11:00 AM
One my friend, a doctor, laughed at me when I told something about some tennis players be dopers. He said-- all of them are, just some get caught and the others-- don't. If I were a fan of Adams, I'd be happy but not attacking Ostapchuk. I wonder if Valerie gave an interview on the issue, would be funny to read.

And btw, all those suspicions talks here are also BS! The most suspicious victory at Olympics was Serena's over-performance, so what? She just happened not to be a Belorussian, that's what many Eastern athletes say among themselves :shrug:

nevetssllim
Aug 14th, 2012, 11:58 AM
That's your assumption.

Another assumption. Adams has never been declared positive.

It might be an assumption but it's beside the point seeing as she's just been caught red-handed for doping.

And why the hell should I believe that cheat pulling up some claim Adams tested positive in 2005? It's the first any of us has heard of it (bar, incidentally, her biggest rival who has just been found guilty of doping and nobody else). I call BS on it and have no reason to believe its validity.

All she's doing is making herself look even more stupid.

GoofyDuck
Aug 14th, 2012, 12:03 PM
I watched this live and it was obvious doping. I mean she always lost to Adams and suddenly she was throwing over 21 metres everytime and even further than Adams' personal best.

I feel really bad for the Chinse thrower who didn't get her moment in the spotlight because of this cheating desperate.

Beat
Aug 14th, 2012, 12:04 PM
Never in doubt.

this. :lol: :tape:

Mikey.
Aug 14th, 2012, 12:13 PM
http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/400x/24846290.jpg

I love the Internet :hysteric:

:hysteric: I love this meme!

Mistress of Evil
Aug 14th, 2012, 12:27 PM
Now if only Lauren Williams gets her gold medal from 2004 as well.

gc-spurs
Aug 14th, 2012, 12:57 PM
One my friend, a doctor, laughed at me when I told something about some tennis players be dopers. He said-- all of them are, just some get caught and the others-- don't. If I were a fan of Adams, I'd be happy but not attacking Ostapchuk. I wonder if Valerie gave an interview on the issue, would be funny to read.

And btw, all those suspicions talks here are also BS! The most suspicious victory at Olympics was Serena's over-performance, so what? She just happened not to be a Belorussian, that's what many Eastern athletes say among themselves :shrug:

Yup she did. She pretty much said she was stoked at getting gold and thought her people her kidding but still can't believe it.

She was also asked about Ostapchuk, and wasn't attacking but assertively dismissive http://tvnz.co.nz/olympics-2012/valerie-adams-bids-good-riddance-disgraced-rival-5021716/video

It might be an assumption but it's beside the point seeing as she's just been caught red-handed for doping.

And why the hell should I believe that cheat pulling up some claim Adams tested positive in 2005? It's the first any of us has heard of it (bar, incidentally, her biggest rival who has just been found guilty of doping and nobody else). I call BS on it and have no reason to believe its validity.

All she's doing is making herself look even more stupid.

Right? Like, good job drug cheater, we'll take your word on it.

RenaSlam.
Aug 14th, 2012, 03:24 PM
Disgusting. Bye, bitch.

edificio
Aug 14th, 2012, 06:34 PM

Some doctor you know is an authority on ALL tennis players? :rolleyes:

stpaulifan
Aug 14th, 2012, 09:34 PM
i might be one of the few old enough on here to remember the east german dominance of certain sports and how it came to light (altho people strongly suggested at the time of course) after the fall of the iron curtain about the very advanced doping system in place.

what was also well documented was how nearly all these athletes and swimmers were forced to take drugs and that the consequences for them and their families if they didn't were extreme.

we all know Belarus under Lukashenko is a dictatorship - does anyone think she might have been forced to dope?

ranfurly
Aug 14th, 2012, 11:06 PM
i might be one of the few old enough on here to remember the east german dominance of certain sports and how it came to light (altho people strongly suggested at the time of course) after the fall of the iron curtain about the very advanced doping system in place.

what was also well documented was how nearly all these athletes and swimmers were forced to take drugs and that the consequences for them and their families if they didn't were extreme.

we all know Belarus under Lukashenko is a dictatorship - does anyone think she might have been forced to dope?

Who knows, but one thing for sure is she should of been forced into Cosmetic Surgery.

C. Drone
Aug 14th, 2012, 11:23 PM

Its a legit theory, I think.
But some kind of indirect forcing can happen anywhere, not just in these dictaturships.

Martian Jeza
Aug 15th, 2012, 12:00 AM
There should be much more doping cases found during the Olympics and outside olympics during "normal" times but there are people who are protected... Or they are using doping that still is undetectable because the doping industry has lengths in advance ( USA and China come to mind ) vs the Anti Doping Agencies.

gentenaire
Aug 15th, 2012, 12:16 AM
We called it, I believe, in the athletics chat thread. It was just too suspsicious from the start and well, her looks don't exactly help either. A lot of those East German swimmers had developed masculine treats because of the doping.

Here we are: the athletics chat thread, page 313 and onwards.

http://www.tennisforum.com/showthread.php?t=443409&page=313

Pops Maellard
Aug 15th, 2012, 02:43 AM
http://a7.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/226264_468664769818141_955785256_n.jpg

Melange
Aug 15th, 2012, 05:02 AM
Do you believe that sprinters can be so good that they can slow down before the finish in Olympic finals

ranfurly
Aug 15th, 2012, 06:42 AM
The important thing is Valerie is going to get that Gold and rightfully so.

The Olympics doesn't have time for Cheaters.

Filthy dirty cheaters.

PhilePhile
Aug 15th, 2012, 07:30 AM
Technically, Valerie Adams should not have competed in this Olympics (name not on list)! :tape:

Adams came perilously close to not being allowed to compete.

The benevolence of an influential Australian athletics official and Adams' standing in her sport convinced the IOC and world athletics governing body the IAAF to allow her to compete.

This came after panicked representations from the NZOC, which became aware of the problem only after it was contacted by the Adams camp.

- SIMON PLUMB IN LONDON, Last updated 05:00 08/08/2012, www.stuff.co.nz (http://www.stuff.co.nz/the-press/sport/7433737/Upset-Adams-demands-apology-from-NZOC)

ranfurly
Aug 15th, 2012, 07:57 AM
Technically, Valerie Adams should not have competed in this Olympics (name not on list)! :tape:

The benevolence of an influential Australian athletics official and Adams' standing in her sport convinced the IOC and world athletics governing body the IAAF to allow her to compete.

This came after panicked representations from the NZOC, which became aware of the problem only after it was contacted by the Adams camp.

- SIMON PLUMB IN LONDON, Last updated 05:00 08/08/2012, www.stuff.co.nz (http://www.stuff.co.nz/the-press/sport/7433737/Upset-Adams-demands-apology-from-NZOC)

Yeah, close call!

However, she did compete, and she won that medal.

So Im waiting for the day, that Filthy Steroided Troll hands that medal over.

Harry.
Aug 15th, 2012, 08:03 AM
This is kind of sad. I saw her win this gold, and she was pretty brilliant. And she seemed so happy, tears and all. Such a shame to hear she's doped. Sigh.

PhilePhile
Aug 15th, 2012, 09:20 AM
According to the IOC, Andreea Raducan is a cheater and a doper.

wD1nok-KF34

nevetssllim
Aug 15th, 2012, 10:02 AM

It wouldn't surprise me at all if there's some sort of organised doping system going on in Belarus. About half of their heavy throws team in recent years have tested positive at some point and Ostapchuk is by no means the exception. It's the same in Russia. I'm not saying it's on a widespread basis but the pre-Beijing doping fiasco where seven athletes were suspended for long-term doping tampering stank of organised doping.

gc-spurs
Aug 15th, 2012, 10:32 AM

That entire issue was such a travesty. Someone in the NZ camp needs a sacking.

Igor_Biscan
Aug 15th, 2012, 11:27 AM
What is the advantage of taking a synthetic anabolic steroid, any trace of which and you're done, instead of testosterone which as long as you stay within "normal" range you can probably get away with?

I noticed that most of the athletes kicked out before the games were busted on the basis of excessive fluctuations in their biological passport, without actually detecting any banned substance. This suggests that to me that as long as you don't overdo it there's a load of doping that's going undetected - especially if you're well funded enough to constantly monitor and adjust your blood profile to make sure you're right at the upper level of the prescribed normal range without going over.

Joana
Aug 15th, 2012, 12:22 PM
According to the IOC, Andreea Raducan is a cheater and a doper.

No, they've actually admitted that she hasn't done anything wrong, but they still don't want to give her the gold medal back because it would "set a precedence". :help:

Pops Maellard
Aug 15th, 2012, 12:27 PM
This thing is actually unbelievable :sobbing::haha:

http://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/olympics/7480504/Ostapchuk-tries-to-smear-Valerie-Adams

Disgraced Belarusian shot putter Nadzeya Ostapchuk has turned her attention to Valerie Adams, accusing the double-gold medallist of also taking drugs.

Ostapchuk was this week stripped of her London Olympics gold medal after testing positive in two separate drug tests at the games, and New Zealand's Adams was then promoted to the top spot.

The controversy was today taken to a new level, with Ostapchuk now trying to taint Adams' name.

She told Belarusian media Adams behaved in an unsportsmanlike manner during the Olympics.

"She was not even in starting line-up before the games, because she had a positive drug test in 2005," Ostapchuk said.

"I'm being covered in dirt, but someone else comes out all clean."

Drug Free Sport New Zealand chief executive Graeme Steel vehemently dismissed the accusations.

“Val has never failed any of our drug tests and the International Association of Athletic Federations are required to provide any tests of theirs that she fails. They have never done that,” he said in staunch defence of Adams.

Adams' manager, Nick Cowan, also rubbished the allegations in an interview with 3News tonight.

"She is obviously angry. She obviously has her own issues that she needs to deal with. She has been caught.

"She has a right to go through the process that she wants to go through, but she doesn't have a right to make slanderous comments."

Ostapchuk claimed doping was the real reason Adams was left off the start list, not an administrative error by the New Zealand Olympic Committee.

She said what Adams was saying about her was a joke.

"We will see how all of this will end, including for her."

OSTAPCHUCK POINTS FINGER AT FORMER COACH

Ostapchuk earlier said she was "framed" after testing positive for performance-enhancing drugs, pointing the finger at a former head athletics coach who was arrested this year by Russia's Federal Security Service.

LoLex
Aug 15th, 2012, 01:59 PM
"I'm being covered in dirt, but someone else comes out all clean."

Apparently.

olivero
Aug 15th, 2012, 02:14 PM
omg what a bitch :tape:

Pops Maellard
Aug 15th, 2012, 02:16 PM
omg what a bitch :tape:
Time for some of the other shotputters to start a burn book methinks.

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lgielcaDKB1qf7943o1_500.gif

nevetssllim
Aug 15th, 2012, 02:57 PM
Have the 'roids gone to her head or something? The reason Adams was initially left off the team was because of an administrative error and how could a positive drug test (like there was one!) from 2005 cost her a place on the team in 2012.

Girl is a mess.

gc-spurs
Aug 15th, 2012, 07:46 PM
Fucking nutter. You see kids, don't do drugs!

Ieatbabies
Dec 6th, 2012, 01:30 PM
Another 4 Olympic athletes stripped of their medals from Athens 2004

all ex-USSR nation athletes :o what is wrong with Belarus and doping seriously

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2012-12-06/ioc-disqualifies-4-athens-olympics-medalists-after-positive-test.html

edificio
Dec 6th, 2012, 10:48 PM
Good to see they are following up on these samples.

I'm sure we'll hear about more eventually. :lol:

N.M.
Dec 6th, 2012, 11:45 PM
surely it's the easiest to catch the poor federations no one gives shit about anyway :facepalm: when cases of the likes of armstrong or agassi are swept under the rug and get out by mistake

jrm
Dec 7th, 2012, 12:34 AM
never bet against the tradition

hellas719
Dec 9th, 2012, 08:53 PM
Too bad they didn't catch Sadova, I was pathetically hoping that she was going to get caught since she eventually did :sobbing:

nevetssllim
Mar 8th, 2013, 02:21 PM
This thing is actually unbelievable :sobbing::haha:

http://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/olympics/7480504/Ostapchuk-tries-to-smear-Valerie-Adams

She told Belarusian media Adams behaved in an unsportsmanlike manner during the Olympics.

"She was not even in starting line-up before the games, because she had a positive drug test in 2005," Ostapchuk said.

They retested Ostapchuk's sample from the 2005 World Champs and it came back positive. :lol:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/athletics/21712788

Crazy Canuck
Mar 8th, 2013, 05:26 PM
I am so relieved to see that they caught the only doping shot putter. I was super concerned about this.

PhilePhile
Mar 8th, 2013, 10:47 PM
They retested Ostapchuk's sample from the 2005 World Champs and it came back positive. :lol:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/athletics/21712788

Why were 'some' of the 2005 samples tested again? BBC( U.K.) driving the point/story across ...

Source: BBC (http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/athletics/21712788) (U.K.)
http://news.bbcimg.co.uk/media/images/66274000/jpg/_66274518_kotova.jpg