PDA

View Full Version : British Thomas Daley:1st diver in history allowed to REDIVE after a bad performance

Lin Lin
Aug 13th, 2012, 03:53 AM
:lol::lol:

The judges:lol::lol:

Tennisation
Aug 13th, 2012, 04:10 AM
So you left out the part about camera flashes going off while he was doing his dive.

ranfurly
Aug 13th, 2012, 06:34 AM
So you left out the part about camera flashes going off while he was doing his dive.

There could of been a death metal concert going on in the backround with Yodelling and the Chinese would of still executed perfect harmony.

It's all about mental fortitude.

ranfurly
Aug 13th, 2012, 06:35 AM
Infact let's all just admit, that if we were Chinese Divers, World peace would be on the Horizon...

...and far less cats.

tennisbum79
Aug 13th, 2012, 07:00 AM
:lol::lol:

The judges:lol::lol:

Lin Lin can you address Tennisation below

Lin Lin , are you watching the censored broadcast of the olympics in China?
You know we see everything here, so maybe the Chinese broadcast decided to leave that detail out, allowing you to make this sweeping statement, inferring that the judges just decided to award the British diver an extra dive, no good reason given?

Do all the Chinese viewers believe that too!

pancake
Aug 13th, 2012, 07:25 AM
Lin Lin can you address Tennisation below

Lin Lin , are you watching the censored broadcast of the olympics in China?
You know we see everything here, so maybe the Chinese broadcast decided to leave that detail out, allowing you to make this sweeping statement, inferring that the judges just decided to award the British diver an extra dive, no good reason given?

Do all the Chinese viewers believe that too!

Please tell me you're being sarcastic here about the censored broadcast thing. If you're not, congrats! You've been brainwashed by the Western media that all Chinese are stupid and do not know the program are censored etc.

The funny thing is even if he's not allowed a re-dive, he would still be placed 3rd.

Saori Kimura Fan
Aug 13th, 2012, 08:53 AM
The 18-year-old admitted that he would not end up with a medal if he had not appealed for redive.

Well, that's what it states on "ChinaDaily" (no pun intended). And if it's on "ChinaDaily" it must be gospel!

Just Do It
Aug 13th, 2012, 09:11 AM
Is there a rule that says a diver can re-dive if something like this occurs?

Sean.
Aug 13th, 2012, 09:12 AM
British Thomas Daley: 1st diver in history since Moscow allowed to REDIVE after a bad performance being distracted by thousands of camera flashes

I corrected the title for you, to save you some time. ;)

There were numerous announcements about not using flash photography, people ignored it and wanted a good picture of the home fave, you could see on the replay how many flashes there were when he took off, it would put anyone off!

Sean.
Aug 13th, 2012, 09:13 AM
Is there a rule that says a diver can re-dive if something like this occurs?

Yes. ;)

pancake
Aug 13th, 2012, 09:19 AM
Anyway, major fail Lin Lin :facepalm:

Melange
Aug 13th, 2012, 09:44 AM
Sun Yang got a restart in the swimming after he jumped in because of crowd noise

Stick to the polls Lin Lin. You embarrass yourself when you attempt social commentary

Melange
Aug 13th, 2012, 09:49 AM
British Thomas Daley: 1st diver in history since Moscow allowed to REDIVE after a bad performance being distracted by thousands of camera flashes

I corrected the title for you, to save you some time. ;)

There were numerous announcements about not using flash photography, people ignored it and wanted a good picture of the home fave, you could see on the replay how many flashes there were when he took off, it would put anyone off!

Unless their flash can reach fifty metres how are they going to get a better picture?

Sean.
Aug 13th, 2012, 10:00 AM
Unless their flash can reach fifty metres how are they going to get a better picture?

Flash produces a a sharper, or more clear, picture. ;)

Lin Lin
Aug 13th, 2012, 11:44 AM
:lol::lol::lol:

Mynarco
Aug 13th, 2012, 12:07 PM
Well it's within the rules so :shrug:
but just hope there won't be a re-dive like this again. People should be more considerate

Lin Lin
Aug 13th, 2012, 12:13 PM
Within the rules:lol:OK:lol:

nevetssllim
Aug 13th, 2012, 12:18 PM
Could you pinpoint where exactly the article you cited said this was the first-ever retake?

Oh, wait. You didn't even link your source.

Another fail.

Lin Lin
Aug 13th, 2012, 12:26 PM
Go,Thomas!!I hope you can change your bronze to gold at Rio 2016:yeah:

ElusiveChanteuse
Aug 13th, 2012, 01:51 PM
At least he did not win gold.:oh:

Julian.
Aug 13th, 2012, 05:14 PM
On another note, David Boudia :hearts::bowdown::inlove:

Matthew Mitcham 2.0 :worship:

edificio
Aug 13th, 2012, 05:42 PM
It seemed a bit unfair, but I guess they have a rule and no other team protested, so...:shrug: I was glad he didn't win, but I felt so sorry for the young Chinese divers having such a bad final. I also felt so sad for Mitcham.

GoofyDuck
Aug 13th, 2012, 08:01 PM

proof?

Anyone can say this now. how can you deny it?

Tennisation
Aug 13th, 2012, 08:12 PM
proof?

Anyone can say this now. how can you deny it?I watched it slow motion on tv when flashes went off :weirdo:

GoofyDuck
Aug 13th, 2012, 08:24 PM
I watched it slow motion on tv when flashes went off :weirdo:

ugh, you're so biased :spit:

Judges don't have camera's to judge, in this particular case I'm 100% sure the fact that he's British helped in the decision.

Nicolás89
Aug 13th, 2012, 08:35 PM
Hard to say.

Richie's
Aug 13th, 2012, 08:39 PM
IOC doing its' best to have fair games. No, no wait... What can happen if someone mention it here (specially when those kind of things happens in help of US and GBR players)?

This forum ('s users) can not conrtol discussions about issues like this.

GoofyDuck
Aug 13th, 2012, 08:44 PM
IOC doing its' best to have fair games. No, no wait... What can happen if someone mention it here (specially when those kind of things happens in help of US and GBR players)?

This forum ('s users) can not conrtol discussions about issues like this.

Yes, everyone should have same opinion, or better your opinion. :rolleyes:

edificio
Aug 13th, 2012, 08:51 PM
When they showed his dive with the flashbulbs, I was expecting something like what happens when Bolt runs; instead, I only saw a very few flashes, which is not to say he couldn't have been distracted. The home country always gets a bump up in judging, scoring, discretion, whatever, at the Olympics, always been the case.

Tennisation
Aug 13th, 2012, 09:16 PM
When they showed his dive with the flashbulbs, I was expecting something like what happens when Bolt runs; instead, I only saw a very few flashes, which is not to say he couldn't have been distracted. The home country always gets a bump up in judging, scoring, discretion, whatever, at the Olympics, always been the case.I'm sorry, I just don't see the connection there. Running doesn't take skills or talent, it takes strength and speed. Everyone can run (fast or slow barring disabilities or injuries) but can everyone dive? That's like saying Bolt asked for a re-run because the flashes caused him to step out of his lane. Runners can see their lanes and the finish line, divers are flipping and twisting blindly 10 meters above the pool at the same time gravity is pulling their asses down. I'm sure it takes a lot more skills and concentration to safely land in the water headfirst instead of potentially belly flopping.