PDA

View Full Version : Pyongyang (North-Korea)

Elwin.
Aug 10th, 2012, 02:59 PM
So interesting and weird at the same time
V6Hqx3Xuv7s
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V6Hqx3Xuv7s

*JR*
Aug 10th, 2012, 06:53 PM
If provoked, they will wage "sacred war" on South Korea and the USA. :scared:

zJ5kM5K0jDE

Super Dave
Aug 10th, 2012, 07:05 PM
What's up with the woman under the umbrella?

Mary Cherry.
Aug 10th, 2012, 08:22 PM
lwoSFQb5HVk

Chip.
Aug 10th, 2012, 08:49 PM
I just watched a documentary about this the other day. It seems like the country that time forgot, stuck in 1960s Maoist China or perhaps Russia during the cultural revolution. Very, very strange place :scared::scared:

Oh and run by a mad brainwashing family :lol:

NicolŠs89
Aug 10th, 2012, 08:57 PM
If provoked, they will wage "sacred war" on South Korea and the USA. :scared:

Wrong conflict.

*JR*
Aug 10th, 2012, 09:02 PM
Wrong conflict.

Nope; the late "Dear Leader", Kim Jong Licensed-To-Il himself, threatened exactly that @ least a couple of times in the last few years (vs. the US and the south there). Blame his translator if you want... on second thought don't, or that person might still be executed. :help:

M.S.F
Aug 11th, 2012, 04:24 AM
It isn't the most isolated country in the world for nothing.
I wonder how is the mental situation of the people there.

hdfb
Aug 11th, 2012, 06:31 AM
It's quite... hard to fathom that they know not of any other type of society... they have nothing to compare their lives to. Only that anything outside of North Korea is full of capitalism, greed and war.

Saori Kimura Fan
Aug 11th, 2012, 01:56 PM
To quote Mr Kim "Now here you go again. You say you want your freedom, well who am I to keep you down?" ;)

I feel so sorry for the people of North Korea. Living in North Korea must be like living in hell. I cannot imagine such a thing as what they must endure. This dynasty is pure evil. Perhaps it would be better to engage them though , as itís best to be cozy with ones enemies even if they are loony as Hell (and maybe especially so then) . Any modest cultural invasion from the civilized nations will end N. Korea altogether after a while . The people there are just largely ignorant of the outside world , and are taught from birth that the universe revolves around N. Korea and itís leaders. Sad. They need a window to the world , and it isnít happening. :help:

Onslow
Aug 11th, 2012, 06:25 PM
beautiful country :hearts:

they make good documentaries too...

6NMr2VrhmFI

olivero
Aug 11th, 2012, 06:31 PM
http://kimjongillookingatthings.tumblr.com/

*JR*
Aug 12th, 2012, 12:19 AM
Maybe one day Pak Jin Jun :hearts: will be the first female Leader.

I9HxGhIo-6k

$uricate
Aug 12th, 2012, 02:29 AM
So interesting and weird at the same time
V6Hqx3Xuv7s
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V6Hqx3Xuv7s

Weird how?

Everyone's just practicing really hard :shrug:

Is the Western populace any happier than the North Korean populace? I doubt it.

Everyone responds to their environment. No shitty celebrity-obsessed media culture full of spongers and people who take no responsibility for themselves.

Nope; the late "Dear Leader", Kim Jong Licensed-To-Il himself, threatened exactly that @ least a couple of times in the last few years (vs. the US and the south there). Blame his translator if you want... on second thought don't, or that person might still be executed. :help:

It's definately true ;)

Whitehead's Boy
Aug 12th, 2012, 07:25 AM
I suppose if you try hard enough, you can redefine happiness in such a way that starving and prison camps become "fun".

To be frank, I've always been shocked by the relative indifference of South Koreans.

“The average South Korean university student is simply not interested in North Korea,” said Brian Myers, who is director of the international studies department at Dongseo University in Busan, South Korea, and wrote a New York Times Op-Ed (http://www.nytimes.com/2010/05/28/opinion/28myers.html?hp) on the matter.

Just take his current North Korean affairs seminar as an example, he says: Only four students chose to enroll in the class.

Sam L
Aug 12th, 2012, 07:30 AM
Reminds me of an alien world in Star Wars.

MyskinaManiac
Aug 12th, 2012, 08:07 AM
Maybe one day Pak Jin Jun :hearts: will be the first female Leader.

I9HxGhIo-6k

Ohhh the hypocracy in this video. What was that famine they endured where almost a million north Korean people perished? What was that again? I guess they just forgot. :shrug:

How can they say their standard of living is satisfactory or even comparable when South Korean is a world financial and economic hot-spot?

I couldn't help but laugh.

Rising Sun
Aug 13th, 2012, 05:02 AM
I wonder what North Koreans like Olympic athletes think when they travel to places like London, etc...?

King Halep
Aug 13th, 2012, 10:59 AM
I wonder what North Koreans like Olympic athletes think when they travel to places like London, etc...?

They were confused when they heard the Spice Girls had broken up and asked why Freddie Mercury was not singing with Brian May :confused:

nevetssllim
Aug 13th, 2012, 11:15 AM

I've always thought the same, especially the marathoners who are naturally exposed to the cities they compete in (and some of them have raced in cities like Hong Kong too, which must be a polar-opposite world).

But from what I've heard, they are very much confined inside the village, they don't talk to reporters unless they have permission from their officials and they pretty much go home as soon as they finish their competition.

Lin Lin
Aug 13th, 2012, 01:10 PM
No demonization of NKorea:eek:

King Halep
Aug 13th, 2012, 05:19 PM
http://i.qkme.me/3qd8c7.jpg

Sammo
Aug 13th, 2012, 05:22 PM
They're not that intimidating IMO. Yes, they have the biggest army in the world, but what is an army with satellites, technology, etc.? NOTHING.

Rising Sun
Aug 13th, 2012, 07:06 PM
I've always thought the same, especially the marathoners who are naturally exposed to the cities they compete in (and some of them have raced in cities like Hong Kong too, which must be a polar-opposite world).

But from what I've heard, they are very much confined inside the village, they don't talk to reporters unless they have permission from their officials and they pretty much go home as soon as they finish their competition.
Thanks for the info :)

$uricate
Aug 13th, 2012, 08:12 PM
They were confused when they heard the Spice Girls had broken up and asked why Freddie Mercury was not singing with Brian May :confused:

But the Spice Girls didn't break up :shrug:

And Freddy Mercury's death is pure ubrban myth. I just seen him on a massive screen last night.

Next you'll be telling me Britain has the power to project large images of dead celebrities for all to see :lol:

King Halep
Aug 14th, 2012, 06:18 AM
Is "Im So Ronery" by the Dear Leader still at no.1 on the DPRK charts? Will he be touring by videoscreen again this year? Congratulations to mighty all-conquering DPRK team for winning all their events again this Olympics :wavey:

$uricate
Aug 14th, 2012, 01:35 PM
Is "Im So Ronery" by the Dear Leader still at no.1 on the DPRK charts? Will he be touring by videoscreen again this year? Congratulations to mighty all-conquering DPRK team for winning all their events again this Olympics :wavey:

Yes, Yes and Yes.

Thankyou very much :hatoff:

Except for gymnastics which we were banned from because we were too good :ras:

PointBlank
Aug 14th, 2012, 07:49 PM
What's up with the woman under the umbrella?

essentially, human traffic lights.

LoveFifteen
Aug 14th, 2012, 09:01 PM
The labor camps in North Korea are horrific. People suffer unspeakable atrocities there. This country is incredibly repressive and cruel. I grieve for the people of North Korea.

ranfurly
Aug 14th, 2012, 09:14 PM
Looks like a wonderful place to go for a Summer Holiday!

Halepsova
Aug 16th, 2012, 07:57 PM
They are changing now. At least the new leader is trying.