PDA

View Full Version : Rating for your Country at the Olympics.

Martian Jeza
Aug 10th, 2012, 04:45 AM
As the Olympics in London come slowly but surely to an end, what's your rating for your country ? Just have multiple choice, of coure

Qrystyna
Aug 10th, 2012, 05:11 AM
1 medal in 2008, 5 medals in 2012 with a chance for more.... very delighted. :bounce::lol:

skanky~skanketta
Aug 10th, 2012, 05:11 AM
I am so incredibly pleased that Pandelela Rinong won bronze in the 10m diving.

I'm devastated that Caroline Lee lost the gold medal after being in the lead in badminton.

Umberella
Aug 10th, 2012, 06:28 AM
We did good in silver medals at least!!

Kəv.
Aug 10th, 2012, 06:37 AM
I'm actually Pleased, we didn't get as much gold but overall we got so many medals and I'm so proud of the athletes that participated.

Mikey.
Aug 10th, 2012, 07:24 AM
It hasn't been a really great Olympics for Australia but there have been a few great wins for those athletes like Pearson, Meares, the sailors etc. that sort of made the whole thing seem much better. So I'm satisfied. :)

Dani12
Aug 10th, 2012, 07:29 AM
I voted for Satisfied, but I'm not really...I'm only satisfied because the first week was so dire I was happy that we came back a bit.

Martian Jeza
Aug 10th, 2012, 08:28 AM
At my side when I see our neighbors especially The Netherlands : I'm ashamed ! But hey there's no sports politics in Belgium ! As I explained in some topics our infrastructures are obsoletes, our coaches, mental "coaches" don't know what they are doing. Belgian are more happy with taking part than having ever in mind winning some medals... Well at least we have some great food and drinks *sarcastic*. Whole of the BOIC should RESIGN : they are incompetents !

Halardfan
Aug 10th, 2012, 09:04 AM
Very pleased...it looked a long shot that we (Britain) would improve on an impressive Brijing games, but we did so in almost every area.

Despite cycling bigwigs trying to hobble our team we collected several golds, a superb showing.

Golden girl of the games in Athletics, Jessica Ennis, really delivered.

Only swimming was below expectations.

TheHangover
Aug 10th, 2012, 09:07 AM
unsatistied. 27 medals in beijing, only 19 up to now with some worrying results: ZERO medals from the pool swimming and only ONE BRONZE from athletics, the two most important branches of the olympics. We are strong only in useless sports like fencing. And in general all the italian team rely on old/very old athletes. We should add 4 or 5 other medals, my biggest hope is italian volley team, that would be an heavy medal, but vs Brasil won't be easy

Lord Choc Ice
Aug 10th, 2012, 09:45 AM
For New Zealand, pleased, like most Olympic. For a minimally populated country of sheep-shaggers we usually do well, and we're #3 on the medals-per-capita list.

Only reason I'm not more pleased is that I feel we could've done even better in a few events :).

McPie
Aug 10th, 2012, 09:48 AM
I only enjoy these :p

http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d16/ahha6304/misc/cover_olympic2012e1-32.jpg

Elwin.
Aug 10th, 2012, 11:46 AM
I'm very pleased. :D
We already have more medals then in Beijing. I hope we can get some more gold medals. We'll probably finish just outside the top10

Vartan
Aug 10th, 2012, 12:00 PM
Delighted. :cheer: Team USA!

ElusiveChanteuse
Aug 10th, 2012, 12:00 PM
I am so incredibly pleased that Pandelela Rinong won bronze in the 10m diving.

I'm devastated that Caroline Lee lost the gold medal after being in the lead in badminton.

+1.

While the others flopped as usual.:lol:

I'm generally still pleased anyway. We equalled our best efforts in Olympics.:cheer:

Chrissie-fan
Aug 10th, 2012, 12:11 PM
Pretty much as expected. We're (as always) only there to make up the numbers.

Chris 84
Aug 10th, 2012, 12:13 PM
when you're scottish, pro-independence, anti-monarchy, etc, etc, you don't really have a country to support. only individuals, whether they are scottish, english or whatever.

i'm pleased that bolt has done well, pleased katie taylor got a gold and pleased that the "GB" football teams both failed. not so pleased that federer couldn't beat murray.

canuckfan
Aug 10th, 2012, 01:21 PM
I'm disapointed Canada won one gold medal. Winning zero would have been funny. The meltdowns by the medal-obsessed media and viewers would have been delicious. :oh:

Anyway, the canadian athletes did quite well considering the circumstances.

Chip.
Aug 10th, 2012, 01:41 PM
Delighted. :cool: Our best performance since we first hosted the games in 1908!

muusa
Aug 10th, 2012, 01:47 PM
I'm very proud of the two medals we got. Btw, Estonia has won medals from 7 olympics in a row now (from 2000 to 2012, summer and winter games) and considering our population which is a bit over 1 million it is a great achievement I think.

Certinfy
Aug 10th, 2012, 01:57 PM
Delighted.

Always thought we would finish 3rd overall and beat our 19 Golds overall from Beijing, but 25 golds and counting is quite a few more than I expected.

Bart
Aug 10th, 2012, 02:46 PM
Expected, but still unsatisfied.

Tweety Snape
Aug 10th, 2012, 03:19 PM
Delighted for Misty and Kerri, the USWNT, and the Fab Fierce Five. :cheer: Also happy for the Chinese diving domination because that is my actual ethnicity, and for Aliya to come out as the most decorated gymnast these Olympic Games.

Vartan
Aug 10th, 2012, 03:25 PM
Usnwt?

Tweety Snape
Aug 10th, 2012, 03:28 PM
Soccer Football :lol:

EDIT: I just realized I spelled it wrong. :tape:

Stadia
Aug 10th, 2012, 03:35 PM
For the Philippines: 2 stars out of a hundred :cheer:

I'm very happy for our SEA neighbors, though :awww:

Steven.
Aug 10th, 2012, 07:49 PM
was expecting a top 5 finish (we did at Sydney and Athens, 6th at Beijing) but that's a far cry now. Disappointed from day 1, but the past few days have been relieving :sobbing:

but REALLY happy for coutts, meares, pearson and especially 16 yo broben :cheer: and heaps happy for other aussies too

delicatecutter
Aug 10th, 2012, 08:38 PM
Delighted! I guess we're leading the medal count. :cheer:

Mr.Sharapova
Aug 10th, 2012, 09:58 PM

Monica_Rules
Aug 10th, 2012, 11:35 PM
Very pleased. I think Team GB have done great BUT there have been a few disappointments, Swimming was a major fail. Athletics has been both good and bad at the same time. Yes we had that epic Saturday but 5 medals in total, not good enough.

May be I'm just being really picky but hey. When you have a lot of success you always think you can improve.

Have to say Ive been slightly disappointed with the Sailers. I expected more Golds from them on home waters

Sean.
Aug 11th, 2012, 12:56 AM
Started off amazing, stalled slightly now, but still great! :yeah:

Our pool results were disappointing though! :(

NZ tennis fan
Aug 11th, 2012, 02:56 AM
I'm stoked with NZ so far, 4 golds and 12 medals all up. We were even beating Australia for a little while :lol:

olivero
Aug 11th, 2012, 10:36 AM
Poland got 10 medals, same as in Athens and Beijing. It was expected but still quite disappointing. Especially that most of the medal favourites floped really badly and most of the medals came as a surprise. We were quite unlucky in some cases too :awww: and choked some epic leads :o
Sadly it seems we won't do better in Rio.

Lord Choc Ice
Aug 11th, 2012, 11:29 AM
I'd bump up my vote to 'very pleased' now if I could :p.

tejmeglekvár
Aug 11th, 2012, 11:58 AM
after historical Beijing flop (3-5-2) whole country was on suicide watch... now 8 gold is amazing rebound. Risztov's 10km swimming gold is pure joy.

Although I would be more happy if ballteams could do better. (no waterpolo medal, womens handball team didnt even qualify, etc...)

eck
Aug 11th, 2012, 03:10 PM
Australia - Unsatisfied.

The first week was just horrendous. The second week was a saving grace, but still won't mask what has transpired in week 1.

Mynarco
Aug 11th, 2012, 04:29 PM
We have a bronze this year :spit: Finally a medal 8 years after Athens :spit:

Petkovic
Aug 11th, 2012, 04:41 PM
6-5-8 for the Netherlands for now. Hoping for another gold medal after the men's field hockey final tonight. Overall, good result for such a tiny country. Very pleased.

Monica_Rules
Aug 11th, 2012, 06:58 PM
I think Netherlands have done amazing. Winning both Hockey events would be GOAT for you guys.

Mr.Sharapova
Aug 11th, 2012, 07:07 PM
We have a bronze this year :spit: Finally a medal 8 years after Athens :spit:

Where are you from? I thought you were from South Africa :scratch:?

Chad de clos :hearts:. He's a fan of Chelsea FC as well :hearts:

Petkovic
Aug 11th, 2012, 07:28 PM
I think Netherlands have done amazing. Winning both Hockey events would be GOAT for you guys.

Yeah absolutely! Final starting in half an hour :)

Martian Jeza
Aug 11th, 2012, 09:33 PM
0-1-2 : congratulations, BelFAIL ! You have embarrassed our country yet again ! We must be not far from the bottom at European Medals listing ! The whole COIB should RESIGN ! They are a bunch of incompetents ! Belgium : A country destined to fail ! I should deserve much better than this country.

penkku
Aug 11th, 2012, 10:34 PM
0-1-2 for Finland too, nothing much to celebrate for a country which is number 1 when coming to these games in medal/capita history listings ;)

Mynarco
Aug 11th, 2012, 10:51 PM
Where are you from? I thought you were from South Africa :scratch:?

Chad de clos :hearts:. He's a fan of Chelsea FC as well :hearts:

I change my flag according to my avatar and signature pics :lol:
Hong Kong.

Well of course I can also be happy with China always finishing top 5 in the medal table for the past 10-20 years (only flop was in 1988) - we did the best in 2008 but we all know we had overachieved (thanks to home turf effect :lol:) so keeping a solid 2nd place isn't too bad after all

Pvt. Kovalenko
Aug 11th, 2012, 11:26 PM
As a Brazilian, in overall, Satisfied is correct..

Very pleased to see our results in Judo and Boxing. Surprised with our Gold in Gymnastics and, once again, happy with the excellent results of our Volley :cheer:

Very dissapointed with the fiasco of our football. Again.. :facepalm: :tape:

Mynarco
Aug 11th, 2012, 11:31 PM
As a Brazilian, in overall, Satisfied is correct..

Very pleased to see our results in Judo and Boxing. Surprised with our Gold in Gymnastics and, once again, happy with the excellent results of our Volley :cheer:

Very dissapointed with the fiasco of our football. Again.. :facepalm: :tape:

The next 4 years are all yours :lol: don't disappoint us :lol:

Vartan
Aug 11th, 2012, 11:33 PM
The diving gold made up for the losses in volleyball.

Number19
Aug 11th, 2012, 11:56 PM
Top 10 medal count..... :woohoo:

for bronze medals. :sad:

LeRoy.
Aug 11th, 2012, 11:58 PM
I wish we could have won 50 Golds but 45-46 would be nice. So I have to say, very pleased with their performance.

Certinfy
Aug 12th, 2012, 12:09 AM
If we could reach 30 golds tomorrow would be a fucking immense Olympics for us. Even if we don't it will still be but 30 would be a lovely number to end on for sure. :)

Linguae^
Aug 12th, 2012, 12:49 AM
I cherish our three medals even though it could've been a lot better and a lot more had been expected, but Milica blew our minds tonight and the whole nation is in some kind of nirvana. It's the first Gold Medal for Serbia since 2000 and the first time our anthem "Boze, pravde" was played at the Olympics (in 2000, it was still Yugoslavia and our old anthem). Now the apocalypse can happen, I'm content.

$uricate
Aug 12th, 2012, 01:02 AM
Ashamed :o

We didn't win all the golds.

delicatecutter
Aug 12th, 2012, 01:08 AM
I cherish our three medals even though it could've been a lot better and a lot more had been expected, but Milica blew our minds tonight and the whole nation is in some kind of nirvana. It's the first Gold Medal for Serbia since 2000 and the first time our anthem "Boze, pravde" was played at the Olympics (in 2000, it was still Yugoslavia and our old anthem). Now the apocalypse can happen, I'm content.

What sport did Serbia win gold in?

Curcubeu
Aug 12th, 2012, 02:30 AM
Sydney: 11 6 9
Athens: 8 5 6
Beijing: 4 1 3
London: 2 5 2

And still I'm quite happy with the result because the total number of medals was 1 higher than 4 years ago and I even expected much worse.

Proud of our gymnasts here who really hung in there after some tough years, weight lifting and judo were great, so were the male fencers, the female fencers and rowing/canoeing on the other hand with an epic fail.

That a country of 20 million inhabitants and a glory past doesn't have a single swimmer or track and field athlet reaching a final in one of the numerous events pretty much tells you the story about the state of sport in our country, though.

ico4498
Aug 12th, 2012, 02:41 AM
12 medals tops our previous best of 11 in 2008. one medal per 225,000 yardees makes us #2 in the per capita medal count.

Jamaica, land we love.

pov
Aug 12th, 2012, 03:31 AM
All of my countries did very well. :yeah:

DemWilliamsGulls
Aug 12th, 2012, 06:50 AM
Very pleased! Serena and Venus won, Phelps and his crew did well, Gabby took the all around and fabulous 5 in the teams. We always do well in the track though our brotha's and sistas in Jamaica took top spots in the sprints..but we did manage to get some Gold in track in field as well. Overall...very nice Olympics.

the cat
Aug 12th, 2012, 05:50 PM
I was pleased with America's performance in London. They finished #1 in the medal count and I thought they would. I wanted to see our men's track and field team put an dent into Jamaica's great team but thart didn't happen. :shrug: The American women overall in various sports were tremendous and they need to be recognized for that. :shout: :worship:

I think it's safe to say that women athletes from all over the world had a great impact on the London Olympics. :cool:

On a side note I am pleasantly surprised Russia finished the London Olympics so well after a seemingly sluggish start. Today the Russian men came back from an 0 - 2 set deficit to beat Brazil for the men's volleyball gold. :eek: Russia doesn't win major events at the Olympics like they used to (gymnastics, sprint swimming, basketball, hockey etc.) so Russia winning men's indoor volleyball which is a signature Summer Olympic sport must mean a great deal to Russia and their sports federation. :yeah: Somewhere TBE is smiling. ;)

Vartan
Aug 12th, 2012, 05:54 PM
I think we will do better in Rio. I am hoping for 50 gold medals.

Lulu.
Aug 12th, 2012, 05:55 PM
Delighted indeed.

Natalicious
Aug 12th, 2012, 07:09 PM
zero medals for austria, yaaaay :tape:

McPie
Aug 12th, 2012, 10:29 PM
who stole my gold? :scratch:

Cajka
Aug 12th, 2012, 10:30 PM
What sport did Serbia win gold in?

taekwondo :awww:

http://borilacki-klub.com/wp-content/uploads/Milica-Mandic-Taekwondo.jpg

Material World
Aug 12th, 2012, 11:43 PM
From 1 gold medal in 1996 to 29 (?) this games is an immense effort for GB. Mainly for the national lottery which has been used to fund the elite programmes.

It'll be hard to back it up in Rio though

Malkmus_
Aug 13th, 2012, 12:55 AM
Third, so pretty delighted. Can't see us ever topping that though :sad:

Only really swimming in which we under-performed.

KournikovaFan91
Aug 13th, 2012, 12:57 AM
zero medals for austria, yaaaay :tape:

Wait for Sochi, you'll whore them up then. :lol:

TheHangover
Aug 13th, 2012, 01:01 AM
From 1 gold medal in 1996 to 29 (?) this games is an immense effort for GB. Mainly for the national lottery which has been used to fund the elite programmes.

It'll be hard to back it up in Rio though

frankly, that's pretty suspicious

TheHangover
Aug 13th, 2012, 01:11 AM
^^ oh and you stole italy gold in super heavy boxe. i hate sports with judges, they always find a way to give the win to the hosting country

nevetssllim
Aug 13th, 2012, 01:13 AM

:rolleyes: Yes, we only won one gold medal in 1996 but we still won about 15-20 in total. Only five-million pounds a year was being invested among 28 sports in 1996 and since then funding has increased enormously per annum so it's not surprising we've been doing better.

KournikovaFan91
Aug 13th, 2012, 01:26 AM

Totally all those countbacks and one point victories for Team GB were odd indeed. You really had to beat the shit out of a Brit to win. I mean as boxers few of them were even talented when compared with the Cubans for example. :o

TheHangover
Aug 13th, 2012, 01:31 AM
^^ and you also never won tour de France in 100 years and this year first and second with a 32 yo guy that didn't do anything significant in road cycling in his career till this year. i mean, we are not born yesterday

Martian Jeza
Aug 13th, 2012, 01:59 AM
^^ and you also never won tour de France in 100 years and this year first and second with a 32 yo guy that didn't do anything significant in road cycling in his career till this year. i mean, we are not born yesterday

Don't forget the huge sprinter : Mark Cavendish while he has not the typical body for a sprinter. Mothers nations of cycling nowadays have nothing more to say

wild.river
Aug 13th, 2012, 02:26 AM
I'm disapointed Canada won one gold medal. Winning zero would have been funny. The meltdowns by the medal-obsessed media and viewers would have been delicious. :oh:

Anyway, the canadian athletes did quite well considering the circumstances.

i'm delighted by canada's performance :cool:
super proud of our 18 medalists :D it's not easy pursuing trampoline in a hockey obsessed nation.

Halardfan
Aug 13th, 2012, 02:30 AM
I would listen to the anti-Brit tirades...too busy counting the gold medals we won, sorry!

Nicolás89
Aug 13th, 2012, 02:34 AM
I would listen to the anti-Brit tirades...too busy counting the gold medals we won, sorry!

So you're still in second grade? :lol:

No, I think the brits did really good, I mean there was 4 countries playing as 1, so how wouldn't they? :shrug:

Halardfan
Aug 13th, 2012, 02:39 AM
So you're still in second grade? :lol:

No, I think the brits did really good, I mean there was 4 countries playing as 1, so how wouldn't they? :shrug:

Whatever second grade might be.

Of course Britain was formed for the purpose of increasing our medal haul! Sole reason.

We did great, enjoy it!

ranfurly
Aug 13th, 2012, 02:45 AM

Of course Britain was formed for the purpose of increasing our medal haul! Sole reason.

We did great, enjoy it!

Really awesome from you guys! took a little while, but once they started, they kept coming.

Unfortunate for other countries who couldn't even medal, ie: Chile. Afghanistan also got a medal!
delightful!

Nicolás89
Aug 13th, 2012, 02:47 AM
Really awesome from you guys! took a little while, but once they started, they kept coming.

Unfortunate for other countries who couldn't even medal, ie: Chile. Afghanistan also got a medal!
delightful!

Mind your business.

Nicolás89
Aug 13th, 2012, 02:48 AM

We did great, enjoy it!

Yeah I said that! :confused:

ranfurly
Aug 13th, 2012, 02:49 AM
Mind your business.

Mind your medal count young man! :fiery:

Oh wait...:lol:

Halardfan
Aug 13th, 2012, 02:50 AM
Yeah I said that! :confused:

You said it but undercut it with the four countries comment...

Nicolás89
Aug 13th, 2012, 02:56 AM

You'll think that but no, I was just stating a fact.

Martian Jeza
Aug 13th, 2012, 03:12 AM

*Off Topic* Mancini is doing a Fergie : Buying referees :worship:

ranfurly
Aug 13th, 2012, 03:28 AM
You'll think that but no, I was just stating a fact.

Another fact is that Chile didn't win any medal. A woeful effort, but not surprising.

Maybe when Mining becomes a sport, your' countries fortunes may change.

Halardfan
Aug 13th, 2012, 03:31 AM
*Off Topic* Mancini is doing a Fergie : Buying referees :worship:

The Community shield is little more than a friendly and pretty worthless...we won but even Im indifferent to it. Three points next week much more important!

Nicolás89
Aug 13th, 2012, 03:32 AM
Another fact is that Chile didn't win any medal. A woeful effort, but not surprising.

Maybe when Mining becomes a sport, your' countries fortunes may change.

Ok whatever you say. I don't care.

LeRoy.
Aug 13th, 2012, 03:33 AM
Am I the only one :D at Australia flopping at the OG 2012 ? There was a time when they were damn near winning at everything. The past few years they have been sucking at sports in general. :lol: :devil: The past three olympics they had won 16, 17 and 14 golds. This time ? Just 7. :spit: :haha:

ranfurly
Aug 13th, 2012, 03:53 AM
Ok whatever you say. I don't care.

Hey, the Olive Grove called,

...They want their press back :p

gc-spurs
Aug 13th, 2012, 12:04 PM
Am I the only one :D at Australia flopping at the OG 2012 ? There was a time when they were damn near winning at everything. The past few years they have been sucking at sports in general. :lol: :devil: The past three olympics they had won 16, 17 and 14 golds. This time ? Just 7. :spit: :haha:

I'm cracking up at it. They already suck at rugby, just piling it on... Jokes (not really)

And now NZ officially nabbed 6 gold after the fucking bitch who won shotput gold got DQ for doping, giving NZ the win there. NZ 6, Aus 7... That is not bad for the sheep shaggers. Best Olympics of my lifetime.

Lin Lin
Aug 13th, 2012, 12:54 PM
Delighted:cheer:

Our boys and girls did their best out there:yeah:

Yashal
Aug 13th, 2012, 01:04 PM
Actually the only Italians I rooted for were Roberta Vinci (0 medals es expected :rolleyes:), Valentina Vezzali (1 gold and 1 bronce :hearts:), Tania Cagnotto (2 fourth places :hysteric:) and eternal Josefa Idem (5th but nevermind :hug:), but only because I like them, never cared of the flag.

My faves were from all over the world and most of them took a medal, so I'm quite pleased :)

rrfnpump
Aug 13th, 2012, 01:37 PM
well done, Gold Britain!! :bounce:

Germany did okay I guess even though 11 gold medals is a bit too few. Too many second places, but that also goes for my new home Japan. Japanese people were quite disappointed with their performance and especially with South Korea being so strong. That loss in soccer for bronze really hurt.

TheHangover
Aug 13th, 2012, 03:42 PM
Actually the only Italians I rooted for were Roberta Vinci (0 medals es expected :rolleyes:), Valentina Vezzali (1 gold and 1 bronce :hearts:), Tania Cagnotto (2 fourth places :hysteric:) and eternal Josefa Idem (5th but nevermind :hug:), but only because I like them, never cared of the flag.

My faves were from all over the world and most of them took a medal, so I'm quite pleased :)

how can you like vezzali, she is a complete idiot! she wanted to be "touched" by Berlusconi! :help:

Linguae^
Aug 13th, 2012, 04:37 PM
What sport did Serbia win gold in?Taekwondo!

wally1
Aug 13th, 2012, 05:58 PM
Absolutely delighted with the performance of the British team.

Very happy too that from what I've read most people around the world have been happy that the host nation have done well. The odd bit of whingeing and carping is sadly unavoidable...

wally1
Aug 13th, 2012, 06:00 PM
Taekwondo!I saw that on tv - the reaction when she won was great!

nevetssllim
Aug 13th, 2012, 06:36 PM

A 32-year-old isn't old for a cyclist and nothing significant? He finished fourth in the TDF in 2009, was third in the Tour of Spain last year and is a superb time-trialer. He's hardly a nobody.

Gerri
Aug 13th, 2012, 07:02 PM
The British team were fantastic, a few disappointments but on the whole they exceeded expectations :bigclap:

London was great too and it's been a beautiful, wonderful experience to have the Olympics here :worship:

Material World
Aug 13th, 2012, 07:06 PM
Hangover,

As stated above, Brad did have some pedigree in stage racing and this year's tour route was made for his stregths. I think the way he won is a reflection on the strength of team sky and the general lack of quality in cycling just at the moment as much as anything.... Tbh I was disappointed that Nibali never really had a go at Sky.

hellas719
Aug 16th, 2012, 10:29 PM
Unsatisfied.

I would like to say ashamed as it was our smallest team since Barcelona. We started off with 109 but then ended up with 103 as athletes got injured, doped, or got banned for tweets. The #1 ranked women's water polo team failed to qualify thanks to an unfair system that gives European teams one chance and teams from every other continent two (the defending champion Netherlands team also got screwed thanks to this dumb rule. Spain got screwed over in 2008). And then the #4 ranked men's basketball team failed to qualify thanks to them being plagued by injures :facepalm:. Tons of retirements since Beijing thanks to our shitty economy and no support for our athletes, and then we won 2 medals, our worst performance since Seoul. Other teams like women's basketball failed to make it and the men's gymnastics team couldn't qualify in the team event since they couldn't pay to go to the 2011 World Championships so the 2010 World silver medalist in floor exercise couldn't go :o.

And then we had some 4th and 5th place finishes in London and some surprising losses, but I guess I can only say I'm unsatisfied and not ashamed as its not the athletes fault that they get no help and many of them don't have coaches. I have to be proud of all the Greek athletes for making it there on their own with their own money and no support. Hopefully Rio will be better since all the Greek athletes exposed the shitty conditions for training in recent months and hopefully our medal hopes won't flop and we won't have people finish below expectations. :)

From Atlanta to London: 8 medals->13->16->4->2 :help: