PDA

View Full Version : Western & Southern Open (Aug 11) - Will Masha play this one?

MashaFan01
Aug 9th, 2012, 08:46 AM
Serena has planned to play this tournament as well

Link: the Western & Southern Open - Cincinnati (http://www.cincytennis.com/) - Link: Entry List (http://www.cincytennis.com/Players/Entry_List/?intloc=headernavsub)

cautiouslip
Aug 9th, 2012, 09:19 AM
Would be nice to have a bit more optimistic and creative first post. :tape: But anyway Back to the hard courts, I hope she can Improve and get some solid matches under her belt before going to New York.

MM_1257
Aug 9th, 2012, 09:43 AM
First of all, if her stomach issues are true, she needs to get healthy. If she indeed is having problems, she shouldn't go and play if she feels weak... Cincy is not more important than her health.

gc-spurs
Aug 9th, 2012, 10:00 AM
By Cincy her stomach problems would be well and done (or else we have much bigger problems than some poos), but the real issue would be if she can get strong enough. She'd probably be dehydrated and would've lost some weight.

Edit: OP you already gave her a stomach bug and sent her to hospital. SS cosmic forces say you're the jinx. Citation: Caiomohan Act 2010

Valkyre
Aug 9th, 2012, 10:44 AM
She will relax ;)

perseus2006
Aug 9th, 2012, 01:34 PM
I hope Pova is healthy and able to give a good performance in Cinci.

It would be nice to have some competitive HC matches going into the USO, where I hope she can do extremely well.

MashaFan01
Aug 9th, 2012, 04:43 PM
Would be nice to have a bit more optimistic and creative first post. :tape: But anyway Back to the hard courts, I hope she can Improve and get some solid matches under her belt before going to New York.
I'll chance the subject line as soon as we're sure that Masha is going to play :)

Stonerpova
Aug 9th, 2012, 06:34 PM
She better.

nelsondan
Aug 9th, 2012, 07:37 PM
By Cincy her stomach problems would be well and done (or else we have much bigger problems than some poos), but the real issue would be if she can get strong enough. She'd probably be dehydrated and would've lost some weight.

The august 7 photos of practice, and in the red shirt.....I think she was already a little dehydrated. Ok soon, I hope.

MM_1257
Aug 9th, 2012, 08:31 PM
The august 7 photos of practice, and in the red shirt.....I think she was already a little dehydrated. Ok soon, I hope.

I contributed that to jet leg and climate change... But it was suspicious that she kept cancelling practice sessions. But still, an ill person (especially with a stomach bug) would not IMO risk and go to a presser... Or maybe the bathrooms are indeed close... Still cannot buy that she had it in London before the final and then went on to go to a dinner with whole team and Handler. Weird... If you do not feel well, all sorts of "specialties" do not suit you... You do not have appetite. Anyway I hope she does get better soon...

Advantage Me
Aug 9th, 2012, 08:36 PM
She probably had too much sushi at Zuma. She has the best medical advisors. She won't be playing unless given the all clear. It is not important to be no.1.

AniaSharapova
Aug 9th, 2012, 09:02 PM
I attributed her dehydrated look from Montreal to jet lag and generally tired of travelling and playing many matches. Like Maja12 said, person who have issue with stomach would not risk to go to a press conference or eat in restaurant (what she did after final in OG). I still thinking that it's excuse from playing tournament back to back. But everything will be clear for us in next week because we'll see if she decides to play in Cincy or not.

Shivank17
Aug 10th, 2012, 05:05 AM
I think she definitely will play here.

Hopefully a repeat of this :

http://www1.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/Maria+Sharapova+Western+Southern+Open+Day+G7Ego49O Kb_l.jpg

Valkyre
Aug 10th, 2012, 07:45 AM
^^ How can she look so absolutely stunning after a 3 hour thriller final is beyond me really....

**mashafierce**
Aug 10th, 2012, 10:06 AM
Man that final was consuming and I watched it all.But in the end the near heart attack was worth it

humanabstract
Aug 10th, 2012, 01:57 PM
I'll hope Maria will defend second title of the year

nelsondan
Aug 10th, 2012, 04:30 PM
Maria a year ago...
http://www.tennisforum.com/showpost.php?p=20084589&postcount=2326

http://www.tennisforum.com/showpost.php?p=20144636&postcount=2500

gc-spurs
Aug 10th, 2012, 04:36 PM
Ew, the tampon dress.

Shivank17
Aug 10th, 2012, 04:51 PM
When will the Singles Main Draw be out?

Sasja
Aug 10th, 2012, 05:10 PM
Maria WD from Cincy :sobbing:

pedropt
Aug 10th, 2012, 05:11 PM
Oh boy :o

Fighterpova
Aug 10th, 2012, 05:12 PM
Maria WD from Cincy :sobbing:

:confused:

Fighterpova
Aug 10th, 2012, 05:13 PM
She withdrew :eek:

Fighterpova
Aug 10th, 2012, 05:14 PM
Damn, not playing any USO warm ups and losing 900 points in Cincy :help:

The USO is going to be a COMPLETE DISASTER :help:

Kon.
Aug 10th, 2012, 05:15 PM
I hope it's not too serious. Get well soon. :hug:

So many 0-pointers :lol:

Shivank17
Aug 10th, 2012, 05:15 PM
So that stomach virus was serious :sobbing: 900 points gone too :sad:

Now my hopes are even lower for this USO. :tape:

Shivank17
Aug 10th, 2012, 05:17 PM
I wonder if she MIGHT play at New Haven :lol: I mean something like she did in 2010 before French.

Fighterpova
So that stomach virus was serious :sobbing: 900 points gone too :sad:

Now my hopes are even lower for this USO. :tape:

I just hope she defends last year's points from the USO.

humanabstract
Well, health is the most important thing. No warm up for USO tho...

Shivank17
Aug 10th, 2012, 05:19 PM
Well, this means she will be seeded 3 at USO, so no Serena in her half. :oh:

RenaPova
Aug 10th, 2012, 05:20 PM
I'm not too worried, I didn't really have too high expectations at the USO this year since Maria has been flopping there since she came back.

Anyway, the last time she played a grand slam with no warm ups after flopping after her comeback (AO this year) she reached the final. :angel:

Kon.
Aug 10th, 2012, 05:22 PM
Well, this means she will be seeded 3 at USO, so no Serena in her half. :oh:

Strategic withdrawal. :shrug:

AniaSharapova
Aug 10th, 2012, 05:36 PM
The USO is going to be a COMPLETE DISASTER :help:

Last year she played three warm up tournaments before NY and USO was completely disaster. This year she didn't play any tournaments before AO and Melbourne was a big success for her.
She's experienced player, good training should be enough for her.

gc-spurs
Aug 10th, 2012, 05:45 PM
Ban the OP!

jameshazza
Aug 10th, 2012, 05:47 PM
I'm still sure there's no confirmed source. The situation isn't ideal but Maria has won enough matches this season to head into the USO cold.

EDIT: On her official site.

masha122
Aug 10th, 2012, 05:48 PM
Matt Cronin ‏@TennisReporters

Cincinnati about to announce that Sharapova has pulled out. At this rate, cant imagine who I'll be writing about when I arrive on Sunday

masha122
Aug 10th, 2012, 05:50 PM

Sharapova camp says she's way to sick 2 think about playing Cincy next week. And BTW -she won't consider playing New Haven

gc-spurs
Aug 10th, 2012, 05:52 PM
No urn this year :(

USO cold- this could be good. She has sufficient warm up each year and still sucks, maybe a change up is good. Like how she went into Wimbly last year or AO this year.

masha122
Aug 10th, 2012, 05:59 PM
Pseudo Maria ‏@PseudoMaria

I'm sorry. The prospect of Aga potentially being number one by the end of this tournament is enough to make anyone sick.

AniaSharapova
Aug 10th, 2012, 06:00 PM
Matt Cronin ‏@TennisReporters she's way to sick2 think about playing Cincy next week.

OMG. I didn't believe in this stomach virus but now it turned out to be truth. Hope she'll recover soon.

Shivank17
Aug 10th, 2012, 06:02 PM
Pseudo Maria ‏@PseudoMaria

I'm sorry. The prospect of Aga potentially being number one by the end of this tournament is enough to make anyone sick.

Just too good. :hysteric:

Pretty sure its someone from the forum. :lol:

masha122
Aug 10th, 2012, 06:06 PM
OMG. I didn't believe in this stomach virus but now it turned out to be truth. Hope she'll recover soon.

yes pretty much there is a dude named paul roux he have a tennis blog and he is from montreal
he was in the press conference of masha , and he said she was lookig pale and tired and :sad: she was talking with a very low voice and u can barely here her :sad:

Shivank17
Aug 10th, 2012, 06:10 PM
yes pretty much there is a dude named paul roux he have a tennis blog and he is from montreal
he was in the press conference of masha , and he said she was lookig pale and tired and :sad: she was talking with a very low voice and u can barely here her :sad:

I did not expect it to be that bad. :unsure: Hopefully she will be fine for USO. I mean by next week and is able to practice well.

Trih
Aug 10th, 2012, 06:33 PM
WTF, every time I'm not home and I come back, I read news about Maria withdrawing. :help:
Health > everything, heal up and see you at USO! :hug:

Stonerpova
Aug 10th, 2012, 06:50 PM
And I bought tickets :bigcry:

MM_1257
Aug 10th, 2012, 06:52 PM

Sharapova camp says she's way to sick 2 think about playing Cincy next week. And BTW -she won't consider playing New Haven

:eek:
:confused: Get to the doctor ASAP Maria... You need some serious testing and meds.

Trih
Aug 10th, 2012, 06:55 PM
I just think it's a precaution, if she's been really sick for Montreal she wouldn't have the time to get fit enough for Cincy. I think if she goes in a tournament it's to try to win, in this conditions just after recovering from illness Cincinnati would just be a training.

MM_1257
Aug 10th, 2012, 06:59 PM
I hope so.. Health comes first!!!

Kon.
Aug 10th, 2012, 07:00 PM

:hug:

Trih
Aug 10th, 2012, 07:28 PM

:sad:

JamieOwen3
Aug 10th, 2012, 07:38 PM
Fucking virus or whatever she has seriously pissing me off.

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m8ed02W8Vu1qj7p7d.gif

But feel better Maria :hug:

Fighterpova
Aug 10th, 2012, 07:39 PM
It's just Cincy. Hope she gets better and plays solid at the Open.

At least a finish in the Top 4 at the end of the season is almost guaranteed, right?

AniaSharapova
Aug 10th, 2012, 08:51 PM
When was the last time when Maria not participating at USO Series at all?

Qetusi
Aug 10th, 2012, 08:54 PM
^^

This year marks the first since 2002 in which Sharapova did not participate in the US Open Series.

Mistress of Evil
Aug 10th, 2012, 09:04 PM
Her poor tummy :hug:

WowWow
Aug 10th, 2012, 09:21 PM
Светльо your avi is love!
Which photoshoot is the pic from?:hearts:

Mistress of Evil
Aug 10th, 2012, 09:24 PM
GQ Spain.

i6H0fTzuLxI

Kitten63
Aug 10th, 2012, 09:25 PM
Poor Masha :hug:

Hope she'll be fine for the USO.

WowWow
Aug 10th, 2012, 09:29 PM
GQ Spain.

i6H0fTzuLxI

Thanx:kiss:

Kitten63
Aug 10th, 2012, 09:37 PM
GM's at it again :o

**mashafierce**
Aug 10th, 2012, 09:48 PM
Should we be worried for the USO?Will she have recovered by then.I don't mind her not playing the USO series but I was hoping for a solid USO performance

R_Scott
Aug 10th, 2012, 10:14 PM
Is anyone really buying the stomach virus story? My guess is that the problem lies between her ears.

humanabstract
Aug 10th, 2012, 10:33 PM
Is anyone really buying the stomach virus story? My guess is that the problem lies between her ears.

Well, I guess smth is wrong. Otherwise Maria would definitely play Cincy.

WowWow
Aug 10th, 2012, 10:36 PM

That's when her candy line is launching. :lol:

humanabstract
Aug 10th, 2012, 10:47 PM
That's when her candy line is launching. :lol:

Well, Cincy finishes on 19th, candy launching will be on 20th (if I'm not mistaken), so.. :shrug:

dsanders06
Aug 10th, 2012, 11:01 PM
I thought the stomach virus was BS at first just as an excuse to get out of Montreal, but I doubt she'd willingly skip Cincy, so I genuinely do believe it's legit now. I doubt she's "mentally hurt" despite the spin GMers are putting forward... somewhat depressingly, she probably didn't expect to beat Serena, so I doubt they'll have been a reaction from it in terms of feeling let down. Plus, she was pictured out partying in London on Saturday night - considering she's not exactly the most outgoing at the best of times, I really doubt she'd be going out if she was genuinely feeling upset. I guess, despite the way it ended, she really was proud of atleast getting a silver medal and views the tournament as a success :shrug:

I'm feeling good about the US Open anyway. I hope I don't live to regret saying this, but I still don't read too much into her bad record at the USO in recent years - remember she had a bad recent record at the Australian before this year (and didn't play any warm-ups for that either). She's having her best year since 2006, so I don't see why she shouldn't also improve on her recent US Open record just like she's been improving everywhere else. Hopefully this virus clears up and she gets a good 10 days or so of practice and she should be alright. Maybe they should invest in a wind machine too :happy:

Marilyn Monheaux
Aug 11th, 2012, 12:45 AM
I thought the stomach virus was BS at first just as an excuse to get out of Montreal, but I doubt she'd willingly skip Cincy, so I genuinely do believe it's legit now. I doubt she's "mentally hurt" despite the spin GMers are putting forward... somewhat depressingly, she probably didn't expect to beat Serena, so I doubt they'll have been a reaction from it in terms of feeling let down. Plus, she was pictured out partying in London on Saturday night - considering she's not exactly the most outgoing at the best of times, I really doubt she'd be going out if she was genuinely feeling upset. I guess, despite the way it ended, she really was proud of atleast getting a silver medal and views the tournament as a success :shrug:

I'm feeling good about the US Open anyway. I hope I don't live to regret saying this, but I still don't read too much into her bad record at the USO in recent years - remember she had a bad recent record at the Australian before this year (and didn't play any warm-ups for that either). She's having her best year since 2006, so I don't see why she shouldn't also improve on her recent US Open record just like she's been improving everywhere else. Hopefully this virus clears up and she gets a good 10 days or so of practice and she should be alright. Maybe they should invest in a wind machine too :happy:

No, she didn't. :p She only had two early losses since 2005: In 2010, her 4th GS back on tour and 2011, which by all means has to be considered a fluke. :o

Personally, I think Maria has a lot to prove at the US Open, where she hasn't been past the 4th round in 6 years.

R_Scott
Aug 11th, 2012, 12:49 AM

I'm not denying that something is wrong with her. I just don't think her problem is physical.

WowWow
Aug 11th, 2012, 08:19 AM
Well, Cincy finishes on 19th, candy launching will be on 20th (if I'm not mistaken), so.. :shrug:

Oh, I thought it's next week :o

My bad;)

Qetusi
Aug 11th, 2012, 08:37 AM
No, she didn't. :p She only had two early losses since 2005: In 2010, her 4th GS back on tour and 2011, which by all means has to be considered a fluke. :o

Personally, I think Maria has a lot to prove at the US Open, where she hasn't been past the 4th round in 6 years.

4 years - 2007,2009,2010,2011
2008 - DNP
2012 - we will see

:wavey:

gc-spurs
Aug 11th, 2012, 08:49 AM
4 years - 2007,2009,2010,2011
2008 - DNP
2012 - we will see

:wavey:

No she was right. You mean four attempts. 2008 still exists as a year.

Qetusi
Aug 11th, 2012, 08:56 AM
No she was right. You mean four attempts. 2008 still exists as a year.

In total, yes

MM_1257
Aug 11th, 2012, 08:58 AM
No, if we take all the yrs she played there,only 2005,2006 were good. 03,04,07,09,10,11 were bad. USO is her worst slam, it just doesn't suit her, she has the worst W/L ratio there. So I am not deluding mysdelf with that slam.

WowWow
Aug 11th, 2012, 09:08 AM
No, if we take all the yrs she played there,only 2005,2006 were good. 03,04,07,09,10,11 were bad. USO is her worst slam, it just doesn't suit her, she has the worst W/L ratio there. So I am not deluding mysdelf with that slam.

It's not so much that it doesn't suit her, since she's a good HC player, although those conditions on the Ashe stadium can be tricky, it's that she has the biggest pressure to perform well in that one. You win there, you get the most US media coverage and her biggest sponsors are there.

Qetusi
Aug 11th, 2012, 09:26 AM
No matter how she played in previous years and what record she has
they play every single match from 0-0 , she can play well on HC ... so now the most important thing for her is to get well as soon as possible and start training

MM_1257
Aug 11th, 2012, 09:29 AM
She can play well in HC but right now I really do not consider HC her best surface anymore. Unfortunately... Especially not the US HC... And for the USO, IMO it's the Ashe. She cannot deal with the conditions and almost every year there is a hurricane approaching NY.

WowWow
Aug 11th, 2012, 09:38 AM
She can play well in HC but right now I really do not consider HC her best surface anymore. Unfortunately... Especially not the US HC... And for the USO, IMO it's the Ashe. She cannot deal with the conditions and almost every year there is a hurricane approaching NY.

It's not THAT bad.:lol:
The daytime conditions are tougher than the evening conditions, but it's not like it's a whirlwind down there on the court at all times. I wouldn't blame the conditions all that much.

MM_1257
Aug 11th, 2012, 09:51 AM
She has a good night record there. :p And Maria's wind phobia... Even a small breeze is disturbing for her. :p :angel: jk ;)

gc-spurs
Aug 11th, 2012, 10:14 AM
She has a good night record there. :p And Maria's wind phobia... Even a small breeze is disturbing for her. :p :angel: jk ;)

But not joke.

Marilyn Monheaux
Aug 11th, 2012, 10:20 AM

Miami, Indian Wells, Cincy & Stanford disagree. :p

It's really just Ashe during the day that's troubling her... Wind + pressure = recipe for disaster. :o

MM_1257
Aug 11th, 2012, 10:21 AM
:lol: When did Maria say this??
"I love to eat, and if I could, I'd eat every second of my life."
- I bet she does not think so now.

Well, they do disagree to an extent - the HC I mean, but the headcase she is (and this year she proved me she is - losing to Aga of all people) --- she cannot win a tournament.. I want to see HC titles, it doesn't matter where, Australia, America, Asia, wherever... to say, yes HC are good for her... Even Cincy last year, it was won on will, not on good tennis (with the help of Jankovic choke)... Her movement fails her - again... It all lies there.. and in the winds of Ashe :oh: :lol: USO wasn't/isn't her best tournament... And we will have to wait and see if she'll (ever) improve her record there. Not to mention the disaster of Moscow - is it true that she'll play it this year? I don't believe it, but there were rumours she would.

jameshazza
Aug 11th, 2012, 10:42 AM
If Maria plays like she did on OG IMO only Serena is stopping her on these fast HC. Last year I was so impressed with her Cinci level. I thought, excluding the final, it was easily some of her best tennis last season.

MM_1257
Aug 11th, 2012, 11:20 AM
If Maria plays like she did on OG IMO only Serena is stopping her on these fast HC. Last year I was so impressed with her Cinci level. I thought, excluding the final, it was easily some of her best tennis last season.

Let's hope so!!! :cheer: We will see how will she feel...

JamieOwen3
Aug 11th, 2012, 02:14 PM
do u know what's funny? in 2004 people on here in the maria cheering thread were like "Maria just doesn't play well during night matches" :lol:

Maria Croft
Aug 11th, 2012, 04:52 PM
It's okay she pulled out, she could do with some rest.
There is still plenty of tennis that needs to be played before the end of the year.

Andy.
Aug 11th, 2012, 11:18 PM
Im not too fussed that she pulled out, except for Craig and Griffin :hug: she has had a long and hard Euro campaign. Im sure she will start practicing some time next week and will be fresh and ready to go by the time the US Open starts.

MM_1257
Aug 11th, 2012, 11:36 PM
SugarPova time! :drool: :p

Slampova
Aug 11th, 2012, 11:59 PM
Edit: OP you already gave her a stomach bug and sent her to hospital. SS cosmic forces say you're the jinx. Citation: Caiomohan Act 2010

At least I tried with my thread and put some effort into it, this thread was clearly a jinx to begin with :ras::hehehe:

lefty24
Aug 12th, 2012, 12:33 AM
I haven't been for awhile. I can't believe she had to withdraw!
I'm so sorry to craigster and griffin! Really sucks. :(

SugarPova time! :drool: :p

I can't wait! I'm so excited I'll just send all of you non americans some candy.

Does anyone know if she's only selling it in New York?

RenaPova
Aug 12th, 2012, 12:36 AM
I haven't been for awhile. I can't believe she had to withdraw!
I'm so sorry to craigster and griffin! Really sucks. :(

I can't wait! I'm so excited I'll just send all of you non americans some candy.

Does anyone know if she's only selling it in New York?

I think I read somewhere it's only going to be sold in some fancy shop in New York. :o

I really hope that's not true because I want to buy some too. :lol: Plus if it's true it would probably flop and not sell as well.

jameshazza
Aug 12th, 2012, 12:58 AM
It would be a great success if there was a sugerpova shop at all the big tennis tournaments throughout the year. It could really become synonymous with attending tournaments.

perseus2006
Aug 12th, 2012, 11:38 PM
Well, it is not the best situation for Pova to be sick rather than playing tennis going into the USO.

Hopefully she can get over the ailment and finish the year strongly.

Valkyre
Aug 13th, 2012, 07:59 AM
So much tough luck for this girl sometimes....

but she is a fighter... and she doesnt give up.

Svcrew the ranking points, I want my girl to be heatlhy and ready for USO!

Davai MASHA! Get well soon!

Joelina
Aug 14th, 2012, 09:06 AM
don´t call Montreal and Cincy as warm up tournaments :sobbing: we have sydney, hobart or eastbourne for that...too bad Maria is not playing USO series, get better Maria soon ;)

MM_1257
Aug 14th, 2012, 09:21 AM
She's OK... 5h ago a journalist of Fox Sports tweeted this:
Rob Stone ‏@RobStoneONFOX
Maria Sharapova standing behind me. Acting like she doesn't see me. Weak.
and this
Sharapova now eating wings at next table. Still avoiding eye contact w/me. Must be killing her.
and this
she's totally not starstuck...and lovely “@Martinez_D: @RobStoneONFOX it's the beard!”
and this
my ego says no. My brain screams it “@ColonialCannon: @RobStoneONFOX she may be intimidated by you.”
and this
hurry up. Running low on convo “@PKdotcom: @RobStoneONFOX Buy her a drink for me. I'll allow you to stand in my place till I get there.”
and this
“@wsugringo: @RobStoneONFOX probably afraid your gonna drop a hambone on her there boss :-)”
https://twitter.com/RobStoneONFOX

gc-spurs
Aug 14th, 2012, 10:33 AM
nomnomnom wings

lefty24
Aug 14th, 2012, 03:11 PM
I just made homemade buffalo wings the other day. I wonder who she's with.

MM_1257
Aug 14th, 2012, 04:20 PM
I just made homemade buffalo wings the other day. I wonder who she's with.

Alone? :shrug:

R_Scott
Aug 14th, 2012, 09:39 PM

and this

and this

and this

and this

and this

I take it Stone is in L.A. That must have been where Maria went after withdrawing from Montreal. I guess that fanboi speculation that she went to Turkey to patch things up with Sasha are shot down now.

I hope Maria is over her stomach virus or those wings are going to be hell on her. I'm sure she had a stomach virus, right? She wouldnt' lie to her fans.

MM_1257
Aug 14th, 2012, 11:02 PM
I take it Stone is in L.A. That must have been where Maria went after withdrawing from Montreal. I guess that fanboi speculation that she went to Turkey to patch things up with Sasha are shot down now.

I hope Maria is over her stomach virus or those wings are going to be hell on her. I'm sure she had a stomach virus, right? She wouldnt' lie to her fans.

:confused: Excuse me? Who is fanboi? And what speculation are you talking about? Besides, Sasha is not in Europe yet, he is still in USA.

R_Scott
Aug 14th, 2012, 11:18 PM

she's totally not starstuck...and lovely “@Martinez_D: @RobStoneONFOX it's the beard!”

I love the part about the beard. Rob Stone doesn't have a beard. I suspect Maria's beard was with her. It's amazing that what is common knowledge in some circles is so vigorously denied by the fanbois.

R_Scott
Aug 14th, 2012, 11:21 PM
:confused: Excuse me? Who is fanboi? And what speculation are you talking about? Besides, Sasha is not in Europe yet, he is still in USA.

Regardless of where Sasha is, a lot of the fanbois on various sites claimed she dropped out of Montreal to go see Sasha to patch things up. Man, they just don't get it.

lefty24
Aug 14th, 2012, 11:29 PM
lets just ignore him.

R_Scott
Aug 15th, 2012, 12:14 AM
lets just ignore him.

Are you saying it's untrue or are you just in denial?

ziros
Aug 15th, 2012, 12:18 AM
Are you saying it's untrue or are you just in denial?
Untrue

R_Scott
Aug 15th, 2012, 12:43 AM
Untrue

Whatever you say. :lol:

MM_1257
Aug 15th, 2012, 12:44 AM
R Scott, you are annoying. And obsessed. I recomend you to treat your obsession elsewhere. You are the one who doesn't get that, judging by your trolling posts, you have a serious problem. And I am sorry if Maria rejected you. - oh, did I just speculate about your life?? Em, maybe in the same way you do speculate about other's peoples lives and thoughts. Go to GM, we have other things to do than to deal with your re-chewed posts over and over again...

R_Scott
Aug 15th, 2012, 02:41 AM
R Scott, you are annoying. And obsessed. I recomend you to treat your obsession elsewhere. You are the one who doesn't get that, judging by your trolling posts, you have a serious problem. And I am sorry if Maria rejected you. - oh, did I just speculate about your life?? Em, maybe in the same way you do speculate about other's peoples lives and thoughts. Go to GM, we have other things to do than to deal with your re-chewed posts over and over again...

Maria didn't reject me. Why would I even approach her, as I believe she doesn't care for people of my gender?

JamieOwen3
Aug 15th, 2012, 02:49 AM
Ooh Maria's lesbian again? :yawn:

http://i1148.photobucket.com/albums/o570/MeaganElizabethR/GIFS/tumblr_lznl62gHCj1qi3imeo2_500.gif

Seriously no one HERE cares if she is and no one HERE cares if she isn't.

Shivank17
Aug 15th, 2012, 03:17 AM
seriously, are some people so dumb to not realize that SS is for the FANS of Maria, and no one cares about their dumb as fuck opinion?! Go to GM pls, that's made for you.

Shivank17
Aug 15th, 2012, 03:18 AM
Maria didn't reject me. Why would I even approach her, as I believe she doesn't care for people of my gender?

no its more like, she doesn't care for locals like you.

ziros
Aug 15th, 2012, 03:49 AM
Ooh Maria's lesbian again? :yawn:

http://i1148.photobucket.com/albums/o570/MeaganElizabethR/GIFS/tumblr_lznl62gHCj1qi3imeo2_500.gif

Seriously no one HERE cares if she is and no one HERE cares if she isn't.
Actually I do care - this talk about her being a lesbian isn't pleasing me at all. If it's true,I won't be a fan of her at all anymore...

Charlatan
Aug 15th, 2012, 03:52 AM
Actually I do care - this talk about her being a lesbian isn't pleasing me at all. If it's true,I won't be a fan of her at all anymore...

Talk about being shallow! SMH

Pathetic

ziros
Aug 15th, 2012, 03:55 AM
Talk about being shallow! SMH

Pathetic
Maybe it is,but whatever. I've been a fan of her for 8 years,and a large part of what has kept me interested during the lean years and bad losses is how attracted to her I am. That attraction falls to zero if she's lesbian...

Shivank17
Aug 15th, 2012, 04:38 AM
wow, so their are people who would cease to be Maria's fans if she is a lesbian :weirdo:

How is being a fan of a tennis player related to her sexuality is beyond me. :facepalm:

ziros
Aug 15th, 2012, 06:19 AM
wow, so their are people who would cease to be Maria's fans if she is a lesbian :weirdo:

How is being a fan of a tennis player related to her sexuality is beyond me. :facepalm:
Yes,I think most straight guys would be turned off by that

Kon.
Aug 15th, 2012, 07:12 AM

So, you're a fan of Maria because she turns you on?
:facepalm:

ziros
Aug 15th, 2012, 07:29 AM
Partly yes,but it was the tennis that drew me in at first. I didn't find her attractive when I first saw her at Wimbledon in 2004,but I loved her tennis.

JamieOwen3
Aug 15th, 2012, 07:50 AM

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m8co53dZHR1r28gm5.gif

good for you! She can shave her hair off go butch and stick a huge nose ring in her snout and I'll still love her.

JamieOwen3
Aug 15th, 2012, 07:52 AM
But anyone who bad talks her in her own sub-forum I'mm telling ya'll now

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m8cng2bn6y1rso6q4.gif

Shivank17
Aug 15th, 2012, 08:53 AM
good for you! She can shave her hair off go butch and stick a huge nose ring in her snout and I'll still love her.

this. :worship:

R_Scott
Aug 15th, 2012, 09:01 AM

Of course that's why he's a fan. Most of her male fans are her fans for the same reason. Have you read the fanboi comments on her site? They don't know a thing about tennis, but they know how to be infatuated.

Shivank17
Aug 15th, 2012, 09:05 AM
^those are mostly non-tennis watchers, or only ATP followers. He says he has been watching Maria for 8 years, now tell me how many of those on fanboi actually watch all of Maria's matches?

Kon.
Aug 15th, 2012, 09:22 AM
Of course that's why he's a fan. Most of her male fans are her fans for the same reason. Have you read the fanboi comments on her site? They don't know a thing about tennis, but they know how to be infatuated.

Now, I'm not a male but this is an unfair overgeneralisation. :shrug:
She of course has many straight guys that like her for more than her looks and people here are real tennis and Maria fans and don't care about these things.

ziros seems to be an exception if he says he'd stop being her fan if she were a lesbian :shrug:

madmax
Aug 15th, 2012, 09:28 AM

this is total bull my dear friend...
I follow her and her career mainly because of her game first and foremost and I'm as straight as they come :lol: The fact that she's so mesmerizing and captivating to watch only adds more of a charm to her all-out attacking aggressive game:wavey:

WowWow
Aug 15th, 2012, 12:28 PM

Someone please delete this shit before IMG sees it?!

R_Scott
Aug 15th, 2012, 01:00 PM
Someone please delete this shit before IMG sees it?!

I'm sure IMG has already seen it. So what?

WowWow
Aug 15th, 2012, 01:07 PM
I'm sure IMG has already seen it. So what?

I'm pretty sure you posses the capacity to construct your own theory. ;)

R_Scott
Aug 15th, 2012, 01:22 PM
I'm pretty sure you posses the capacity to construct your own theory. ;)

Do you mean they'll start interviewing for beards again?

Marilyn Monheaux
Aug 15th, 2012, 01:40 PM
It boggles my mind why people still refuse to put trolls on ignore...

MM_1257
Aug 15th, 2012, 01:46 PM
It boggles my mind why people still refuse to put trolls on ignore...

Maybe it is in human nature... Maybe all of us who respond/react have a bit of a troll inside too. :lol: ;) :p

Anyway... I get it... If she has a bf, it is a beard, if she gets engaged, it is a beard, if she breakes the engagement, it is a beard (duuuh), if she has another bf, it is a beard, hell even if a sex tape leaks it will be a beard... :lol: :lol: :lol:
Did I learn the lesson well??

WowWow
Aug 15th, 2012, 02:10 PM
Maybe it is in human nature... Maybe all of us who respond/react have a bit of a troll inside too. :lol: ;) :p

Anyway... I get it... If she has a bf, it is a beard, if she gets engaged, it is a beard, if she breakes the engagement, it is a beard (duuuh), if she has another bf, it is a beard, hell even if a sex tape leaks it will be a beard... :lol: :lol: :lol:
Did I learn the lesson well??

I don't think you did. What you just did was try to diminish things by oversimplifying them.;)

MM_1257
Aug 15th, 2012, 02:20 PM
I am trolling. :p I expressed my serious opinion and thoughts on the topic months ago in the other thread... Now I just joined R Scott in polluting this thread with re-chewed posts..
But I will get serious... And ask - is there any active moderator here? Because we are all off topic...

WowWow
Aug 15th, 2012, 02:28 PM
I am trolling. :p I expressed my serious opinion and thoughts on the topic months ago in the other thread... Now I just joined R Scott in polluting this thread with re-chewed posts..
But I will get serious... And ask - is there any active moderator here? Because we are all off topic...

Oh, I didn't realize. I didn't get to read your serious opinion, so I assumed that what you wrote was your opinion.;)

I wanted to ask the same question, about moderator.
I hope they assign a new one if Jovana is not available.

WowWow
Aug 15th, 2012, 02:45 PM
Also, how does that thing work?
I'd like to recommend couple people for moderators.

MashaFan01
Aug 15th, 2012, 03:00 PM
So what is all the fuzz about? - People like and/or dislike Masha for all sorta reasons - nothing new there - I dunno what y'all are so upset about? - The main thing is that YOU adore Masha - right? - Who the freck cares about Rob Stone's or anyone else's opinion about Masha as long as YOU know why YOU love her? - It may because of her looks - her tennis skills - her personality - her fighter spirit and what not - The main thing is that YOU support her

nelsondan
Aug 15th, 2012, 03:27 PM
Do you mean they'll start interviewing for beards again?

Try to pull yourself together, and do not give up. I do not know if Maria is a lesbian or not, but you might be someone she desperately needs...a guy with such overwhelming charm and power that you could make her straight. And if that is not necessary....it could be the greatest night of your life. Do not let these people deter you...Maria might be monitoring this thread as we post.

lefty24
Aug 15th, 2012, 03:35 PM
Maybe it is,but whatever. I've been a fan of her for 8 years,and a large part of what has kept me interested during the lean years and bad losses is how attracted to her I am. That attraction falls to zero if she's lesbian...

So you only like her because you're attracted to her?

Why would that turn you off? No offense, but it's not like you had a chance with her anyways.

R_Scott
Aug 15th, 2012, 05:37 PM
Try to pull yourself together, and do not give up. I do not know if Maria is a lesbian or not, but you might be someone she desperately needs...a guy with such overwhelming charm and power that you could make her straight. And if that is not necessary....it could be the greatest night of your life. Do not let these people deter you...Maria might be monitoring this thread as we post.

That's very funny, but the only thing about Sharapova that I like is her bi/lesbianism. The thought of her with Camilla Belle is far more appealing than the thought of her with a mope like Sasha. Seriously, if she and Sasha were a legit couple (and I don't believe that for one moment) wouldn't even the most ardent Maria supporter have to question her judgement and taste?

lefty24
Aug 15th, 2012, 05:49 PM
]That's very funny, but the only thing about Sharapova that I like is her bi/lesbianism[/B]. The thought of her with Camilla Belle is far more appealing than the thought of her with a mope like Sasha. Seriously, if she and Sasha were a legit couple (and I don't believe that for one moment) wouldn't even the most ardent Maria supporter have to question her judgement and taste?

Then this isn't the place for you. Go to GM.

Kon.
Aug 15th, 2012, 06:18 PM
That's very funny, but the only thing about Sharapova that I like is her bi/lesbianism. The thought of her with Camilla Belle is far more appealing than the thought of her with a mope like Sasha. Seriously, if she and Sasha were a legit couple (and I don't believe that for one moment) wouldn't even the most ardent Maria supporter have to question her judgement and taste?

You're new to tf so maybe you haven't realised how it works. The subforums of the players are only for their supporters. :shrug:

And a question: Is convincing/informing people that Maria is a lesbian/bi the only reason you joined the forum?
It certainly looks like it from your posts and why is it so important to you?

JamieOwen3
Aug 15th, 2012, 07:42 PM
obviously the topic of if Maria is or isn't a lesbian make people go

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m7d23lUQ7b1r78bgq.gif

humanabstract
Aug 15th, 2012, 07:48 PM
That's very funny, but the only thing about Sharapova that I like is her bi/lesbianism.

http://img2.joyreactor.cc/pics/post/%D1%87%D0%B5%D1%80%D0%B5%D0%BF%D0%B0%D1%88%D0%BA%D 0%B8-%D0%BD%D0%B8%D0%BD%D0%B4%D0%B7%D1%8F-go-away-%D0%B3%D0%B8%D1%84%D0%BA%D0%B8-%D0%BF%D0%B5%D1%81%D0%BE%D1%87%D0%BD%D0%B8%D1%86%D 0%B0-132192.gif

Please, GTFO!
I found a perfect place (http://s1.zetaboards.com/L_Anon/topic/4665224/74/) for you

JamieOwen3
Aug 15th, 2012, 08:29 PM
:oh:

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m8cnc2TLG01r939ti.gif

madmax
Aug 15th, 2012, 08:36 PM
http://img2.joyreactor.cc/pics/post/%D1%87%D0%B5%D1%80%D0%B5%D0%BF%D0%B0%D1%88%D0%BA%D 0%B8-%D0%BD%D0%B8%D0%BD%D0%B4%D0%B7%D1%8F-go-away-%D0%B3%D0%B8%D1%84%D0%BA%D0%B8-%D0%BF%D0%B5%D1%81%D0%BE%D1%87%D0%BD%D0%B8%D1%86%D 0%B0-132192.gif

Please, GTFO!
I found a perfect place (http://s1.zetaboards.com/L_Anon/topic/4665224/74/) for you

LMAO, a lesbian chit-chat board:haha:
all the berthas there are convinced that Masha is a dyke too...:facepalm:

Charlatan
Aug 15th, 2012, 08:54 PM
This post (http://s1.zetaboards.com/L_Anon/single/?p=5120511&t=4665224) kills me :crying2:

low-five :hysteric:

JamieOwen3
Aug 15th, 2012, 09:12 PM
:rolls: http://s1.zetaboards.com/L_Anon/single/?p=4743226&t=4665224

does she still bad in tennis?

does you still bad in grammar?

JamieOwen3
Aug 15th, 2012, 09:16 PM
the smilies on that forum also :lol: add them to this one haha

lefty24
Aug 15th, 2012, 09:30 PM
:rolls: http://s1.zetaboards.com/L_Anon/single/?p=4743226&t=4665224

does she still bad in tennis?

does you still bad in grammar?

OMFG! hahaha

18majors
Aug 15th, 2012, 09:54 PM
It's a blessing in disguise that Maria skipped Cincy, temperature has been ridiculous hot this summer.

ziros
Aug 15th, 2012, 10:37 PM
So you only like her because you're attracted to her?

Why would that turn you off? No offense, but it's not like you had a chance with her anyways.
The thought of her being with another woman disgusts me...

R_Scott
Aug 15th, 2012, 11:18 PM
You're new to tf so maybe you haven't realised how it works. The subforums of the players are only for their supporters. :shrug:

And a question: Is convincing/informing people that Maria is a lesbian/bi the only reason you joined the forum?
It certainly looks like it from your posts and why is it so important to you?

It isn't the only reason I joined. I just thought I'd check out her forum as I did several other players' forums The blind and misguided adulation for Sharapova that I found here was so ridiculous, I just couldn't help myself.

perseus2006
Aug 16th, 2012, 01:51 AM
Interesting! R Scott finds it "ridiculous" that posters in the Siberian Siren would project "blind and misguided adulation for Sharapova". Just exactly how much intelligence does it take to realize that Player Forums exist for fans of the players, however "blind and misguided" they may be? Not very much, in my opinion, near the lower edge of independent functionality, I would suggest.

What does this say about R Scott? It says we are dealing with a low functioning individual who has difficulty understanding simple concepts and social clues. That's why he can't grasp the idea that SS posters don't like his negativity and he doesn't understand the polite suggestions from a number of SS posters that he leave this forum.

R Scott says, "I just couldn't help myself". This suggests he is compulsive and not in control of his emotions. So in his low functioning self-righteous brain he is on a mission, probably from god, to punish SS posters for their "blind and misguided adulation for Sharapova". How creepy is that?

How far will he go? Does he represent a physical menace to SS posters? For example, to those going to the SugarPova Event! He knows about some of the plans, so I urge those attending to be alert and on guard at all times. Make sure, too, that he doesn't follow you home!

Too many times I have seen such nebulous internet connections come to a sad ending.

lefty24
Aug 16th, 2012, 02:22 AM
I Just don't understand why he's not banned yet.

cautiouslip
Aug 16th, 2012, 03:01 AM
Hey guys, stop replying to him, it's what he wants :rolleyes:

R_Scott
Aug 16th, 2012, 03:28 AM
Interesting! R Scott finds it "ridiculous" that posters in the Siberian Siren would project "blind and misguided adulation for Sharapova". Just exactly how much intelligence does it take to realize that Player Forums exist for fans of the players, however "blind and misguided" they may be? Not very much, in my opinion, near the lower edge of independent functionality, I would suggest.

What does this say about R Scott? It says we are dealing with a low functioning individual who has difficulty understanding simple concepts and social clues. That's why he can't grasp the idea that SS posters don't like his negativity and he doesn't understand the polite suggestions from a number of SS posters that he leave this forum.

R Scott says, "I just couldn't help myself". This suggests he is compulsive and not in control of his emotions. So in his low functioning self-righteous brain he is on a mission, probably from god, to punish SS posters for their "blind and misguided adulation for Sharapova". How creepy is that?

How far will he go? Does he represent a physical menace to SS posters? For example, to those going to the SugarPova Event! He knows about some of the plans, so I urge those attending to be alert and on guard at all times. Make sure, too, that he doesn't follow you home!

Too many times I have seen such nebulous internet connections come to a sad ending.

The logic of this post is fundamentally flawed at best, but it isn't surprising. Objectivity and critical thinking aren't exactly common traits of the fanboi species.

"I just couldn't help myself" was written a bit tongue in cheek. Of course I could have helped myself. There was no compulsion involved.

My "mission" as you put it does not come from god. I'm agnostic, so god isn't really a variable in this equation.

I wouldn't worry about my presence at the Sugarpova event. It's one thing to needle the fanbois on an internet forum, but actually being in their physical presence is the last thing I desire. If I were to show up, I'm sure my bemusement would turn to disgust in short order. Who really needs that?

JamieOwen3
Aug 16th, 2012, 05:34 AM
oh he gone?

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m5yjh7VVDm1qhhr17o1_500.gif

bye bitch step out and neva cometh backeth.

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m8ck8d2PVm1rplz8h.gif

JamieOwen3
Aug 16th, 2012, 05:35 AM
oh and love you lefty :worship: thanks.

Reptilia
Aug 16th, 2012, 05:57 AM
:oh:

MM_1257
Aug 16th, 2012, 08:54 AM
:confused: what happened?

WowWow
Aug 16th, 2012, 10:56 AM
:confused: what happened?

R_Scott was banned.

MM_1257
Aug 16th, 2012, 11:35 AM
He was? How did that happen??

WowWow
Aug 16th, 2012, 12:10 PM
He was? How did that happen??

I'd like to know that, too.

perseus2006
Aug 16th, 2012, 03:15 PM
Another good job, Lefty!

I'm pleased the forum won't be polluted by him - for a while atleast.

lefty24
Aug 16th, 2012, 03:50 PM
Thanks Lefty!! :hi5:

Trih
Aug 16th, 2012, 04:51 PM
Thanks Lefty <3 justice is done

gc-spurs
Aug 16th, 2012, 05:11 PM
Thanks Lefty <3 justice is done

JUSTICE4ALL!!! :oh:

Charlatan
Aug 16th, 2012, 06:17 PM