PDA

View Full Version : Which of the olympic sports do you enjoy watching the most? which the less?

TheHangover
Aug 8th, 2012, 06:14 PM
i like: diving , volleyball, beach volley athletics (jumps in particular), swimming, archery

i don't like: all the disciplines with horses, water polo, judo, fencing, shooting, weightlifting, sailing, synchronized swimming

clayton93
Aug 8th, 2012, 06:17 PM
I have been really enjoying the Hockey, especially the womens. Don't know why, but it's class. Both Volleyball ones are enjoyable aswell.

Don't like the boxing. Just not a fan of the sport.

Barktra
Aug 8th, 2012, 06:19 PM
I love watching beach volleyball and indoor volley ball

I can watch all the sports to be quite honest :lol:

Vartan
Aug 8th, 2012, 06:25 PM
Everything but the horsies.

nevetssllim
Aug 8th, 2012, 06:36 PM
I watch most sports. I don't miss a minute of athletics and I try and watch as much swimming, gymnastics and cycling as I can. I also enjoy the triathlons and I become strangely captivated by archery even though I know my interest will completely dissipate in it until 2016. Also like weightlifting and volleyball is pretty much the only team sport I watch. And I'm guessing tennis is a given.

Can't say I really care for anything equestrian-oriented and I haven't watched any sailing either.

WowWow
Aug 8th, 2012, 06:45 PM
Track &field, beach volleyball, diving, swimming, women's soccer, men's basketball (mostly for the nba players)

Wiggly
Aug 8th, 2012, 07:05 PM
Anything judged is quite difficult to watch as it's very hard to know what's going.
In gymnastics or diving, you can only look for the "landing" or if there's any splash at the end.

Pole vaulting is quite cool. Swimming can be really close.

SVK
Aug 8th, 2012, 08:09 PM
I enjoy fencing and all shooting disciplines, although I never ever watched it outside OG. I donīt like fighting sports.

Kworb
Aug 8th, 2012, 10:10 PM
Everything is fun to watch except boxing, wrestling, weightlifting, football, basketball, shot put, racewalking and rhythmic gymnastics.

Chrissie-fan
Aug 8th, 2012, 10:22 PM
Athletics, tennis, swimming and gymnastics (although the fun has gone out of it to some extent because the scoring is much too complicated). I'll watch most things though, but in general I prefer individual sports over team sports.

canuckfan
Aug 8th, 2012, 10:25 PM
I enjoy everything except boxing because you can't follow the score in real time and because the bouts seem fixed most of the time.

Lord Choc Ice
Aug 8th, 2012, 10:33 PM
Tennis, men's artistic gymnastics, BMX :hearts:, the throwing athletic disciplines (shot put, discus, javelin, hammer-throw), decathlon.

I find all of them boring from time-to-time but I don't have time at all for sailing, the fighting ones, cycling road-race, rhythmic gymnastics, handball, water polo.

Mynarco
Aug 8th, 2012, 10:33 PM
I particularly like beach volleyball (both sexes), volleyball (women's), archery, shooting, water polo, and tennis :lol:

All swimming, athletic, and gymnastic events are unmissable so I have to watch them as well.

My guilty pleasure is definitely Greco-Roman wrestling (Men's) :oh:

I find fencing and judo alright but don't quite understand the scoring.

I also watched a bit of table tennis, a bit of badminton, a bit of basketball and football (particularly impressed with Japan's women football)

Sports I don't give a shit are - cycling, equestrian, canoeing, boxing, rowing, sailing....and hockey

Chrissie-fan
Aug 8th, 2012, 10:39 PM
I enjoy everything except boxing because you can't follow the score in real time and because the bouts seem fixed most of the time.
...and because it's amateurs only. It would be much more fun if the pro's would take part and if they wouldn't wear that annoying headgear. Plus everytime somebody lands a punch of any real significance the referee interferes.

NashaP
Aug 9th, 2012, 01:12 AM
Men's diving, for obvious reasons

Sean.
Aug 9th, 2012, 02:16 AM
Everything, but particularly: Swimming, Cycling, Athletics (Track), &, of course, tennis! ;)

ico4498
Aug 9th, 2012, 02:21 AM
fav basketball, won't watch anything synchronized.

ranfurly
Aug 9th, 2012, 02:23 AM
Eventing and Dressage.

Nothing beats a human on a horse.

pedropt
Aug 9th, 2012, 02:32 AM
Everything but weightlifting, boxing and wrestling.

debopero
Aug 9th, 2012, 04:23 AM
Obviously tennis. Although I did enjoy watching track and field, gymnastics (although I have no idea what's "good" and "bad" unless they fall on their asses :lol: ), and badminton as well.

I didn't enjoy swimming and I have no idea why it's so popular. I could barely make out who was who and I didn't find the races particularly exciting

Vartan
Aug 9th, 2012, 04:50 AM
Swimming is ��

So Disrespectful
Aug 9th, 2012, 07:39 AM
The track events are my favourites, particularly the middle distances. 800m womens, so much reason for interest right now.

skanky~skanketta
Aug 9th, 2012, 07:56 AM
I like track and field, tennis, swimming, gymnastics, synchro swimming, diving, rowing.

I never bother with shooting, archery, water polo, equestrian, fencing, wrestling, judo, taekwondo, soccer.

LUVMIRZA
Aug 9th, 2012, 12:54 PM
I watch almost all of them during olympics excwept a few...

Like: Track & Field - love Relays:hearts:, Swimming(only the short races and relays), Tennis, Badminton, Hockey, Archery(nerve wracking if you are into it), Men's water polo & Men's diving & Wrestling(for obvious reasons:drool::lol:), Shooting - love Double Trap and Skeet, Rowing, Volley ball.

Hate: Fencing(ewww) and boxing.

KarlyM*
Aug 9th, 2012, 11:25 PM
I just sorted the sports by how much I watch:

A LOT: Diving, Gymnastics (Artistic), Swimming, Tennis, Track & Field

SOME: Basketball, Cycling (BMX/Mountain Bike/Road), Football (Women), Rowing, Triathlon, Volleyball (Beach/Indoor)

A LITTLE: Badminton, Canoe/Kayak, Cycling (Track), Fencing, Equestrian (Jumping), Gymnastics (Rhythmic/Trampoline), Handball, Synchronized Swimming, Table Tennis, Water Polo, Weightlifting

NONE: Archery, Boxing, Equestrian (Dressage/Eventing), Field Hockey, Football (Men), Judo, Modern Pentathlon, Sailing, Shooting, Taekwondo, Wrestling

Lulu.
Aug 10th, 2012, 12:10 AM
I can watch just about anything except boxing.

cowsonice
Aug 10th, 2012, 02:09 AM
Dressage ftw :oh:

matthias
Aug 10th, 2012, 11:51 AM
i enjoy nearly all sports, but
women weightlifting :scared:is just scary

pov
Aug 10th, 2012, 04:30 PM
Most: Sprints, gymnastics, soccer, swimming, table-tennis

Least: Triple-jump, water-polo (sorry Capt Archer)

saint2
Aug 10th, 2012, 09:30 PM
like- basketball, tennis
don't like- pretty much everything else.

Petkovic
Aug 11th, 2012, 08:53 AM
I only really like to watch: Tennis, basketball, beachvolleyball, field hockey (mainly cause the Dutch are bossing it), swimming, athletics.

The only things I really don't like are the shooting and the dancing horses (don't know the right term for this ;) )

Tezuka.
Aug 11th, 2012, 09:24 AM
For me, nothing is more enjoyable than athletics in the Olympics.

Sir Stefwhit
Aug 11th, 2012, 09:48 AM
Love: tennis (duh), gymnastics, any relay racing (swimming or track), diving, figure skating (that's my ultimate favorite- thread starter didn't say summer Olympics), Curling, and Snowboarding

can tolerate: swimming (but not if the race last longer than 3 minutes), synchronize swimming, rhythmic gymnastics, basketball, track (but not if it last longer than 3 minutes...lol), volleyball, boxing, bmx, most other track & field events

Hate: cycling, long distant running-swimming- skiing- and track (again i lose interest after 3 minutes), water polo, soccer, horse dancing (or whatever it's called), shooting,

WowWow
Aug 11th, 2012, 09:54 AM
i enjoy nearly all sports, but
women weightlifting :scared:is just scary

aww, poor thing, scared of weightlifters.

Shadowcat
Aug 11th, 2012, 02:20 PM
Watched - Synchronised swimming :hearts:, athletics, gymnastics, woman hockey

Never bother watching - Fencing, rowing, sailing, swimming

Sean.
Aug 11th, 2012, 02:27 PM
I'm glued to the walking race & synchronised swimming.

http://gifsoup.com/webroot/animatedgifs7/2473802_o.gif

Sir Stefwhit
Aug 12th, 2012, 02:45 AM
I'm glued to the walking race & synchronised swimming.

http://gifsoup.com/webroot/animatedgifs7/2473802_o.gif

The walking race turned me into a total perv... I'm an admitted crotch water and some of those guy aren't wearing under wear and ...:tape:

DemWilliamsGulls
Aug 12th, 2012, 06:52 AM
Its a tie between womens gymnastics and track and field...I love seeing those brothas and sistas burn then track up! Least....would be the horse jumping...I could care less about Romneys wife horse and the rest of them...lol

debby
Aug 12th, 2012, 10:56 AM
Athletics, tennis, swimming and gymnastics (although the fun has gone out of it to some extent because the scoring is much too complicated). I'll watch most things though, but in general I prefer individual sports over team sports.

Exactly the same !

But I really dislike the greco-roman wrestling, it's so painful to watch :hysteric: just no.
The horse riding/dressage whatever is boring IMO.

The 2nd Law
Aug 12th, 2012, 11:20 AM
You guys should have given Taekwondo a chance, so exciting to watch! Then again, I compete in TKD myself so I'm biassed :lol:

I've been watching everything EXCEPT sailing :o

olivero
Aug 12th, 2012, 11:32 AM
Obviously the ones where my faves/compatriots compete :p I watch almost everything.
Love volleyball, swimming, athletics, beach volleyball, fencing and tennis. During the Olympics I also enjoy judo, rowing, weightlifting, badminton, diving. And I have to say during these Olympics it turned out shooting and rythmic gymnastic can be very exciting/fun to watch.

I'm not a fan of cycling, synchro swimming :tape:, trampoline, boxing, dressage.

Expat
Aug 12th, 2012, 12:06 PM
best tennis gymnastics diving athletics swimming

worst archery shooting and fencing

Freakan
Aug 12th, 2012, 12:18 PM
Basically everything but not the biggest fan of sports in which you do the same things for hours (walking, 10km swimming, sailing, marathon), horses (haven't watched a single minute of it) and boxing. Also modern penthalon doesn't make any sense to me (fencing, horses and shooting together is just stupid), I hope they will remove it from the next Olympics.

KournikovaFan91
Aug 13th, 2012, 01:24 AM
Most - gymnastics, track and field, boxing (Irish thing), equestrianism, modern pentathlon, tennis, swimming, Beach Volleyball.

Least - basketball, track cycling, rowing

Recently discovered - handball.
For Europe's second most popular sport it isn't played AT ALL in Ireland and I'm kinda mad about that cause I really like watching it. Wish I could have played it in my life :sad:

ranfurly
Aug 13th, 2012, 01:52 AM
Hate: horse dancing (or whatever it's called)

Dressage.