PDA

View Full Version : Chinese table tennis head coach responses about china's dominance:They are too lazy!!

Lin Lin
Aug 7th, 2012, 07:44 AM
http://www.channelnewsasia.com/stories/afp_sports/view/1218469/1/.html

"China players work for three or four hours every day. Europeans only work for one, or one and a half," said Shi. "China works harder than anyone else."

I agree:shrug:while complaining the chinese dominance,why don't you practice more and work harder?

ITTF only allows 2 players in the singles from one country,it's so unfair,we should won the 3 medals like what we did in Beijing 2008:unsure:

ranfurly
Aug 7th, 2012, 07:47 AM
Train them like these bitches!

1vA4T1wfJLE

Lin Lin
Aug 7th, 2012, 07:49 AM
What's that?:unsure:

ranfurly
Aug 7th, 2012, 07:50 AM
ITTF only allows 2 players in the singles from one country,it's so unfair,we should won the 3 medals like what we did in Beijing 2008:unsure:

I don't know what to make of this,

One side of me things that limitations create a more equal setting for other countries to have some sort of participation and a chance at medals, while on the other hand, limiting obvious pools of talent is not discrediting the best of the best, and further more individual competitors chances at obtaining medals.

ranfurly
Aug 7th, 2012, 07:51 AM
What's that?:unsure:

Dominant woman who will force you to have sex with them to defend your mother land my young Jasmine Flower.

Lin Lin
Aug 7th, 2012, 07:56 AM
:lol:

So,do you have a point?:lol:

ranfurly
Aug 7th, 2012, 08:01 AM

So,do you have a point?:lol:

I'd be more inclined to have no limitations in respect too these type of events, but then this is the olympics, do we go on equal opportunity for countries, or have a sport such as table tennis (where China has the Absolute Advantage) flooding the draw with your countrymen....

Either way, they work hard to gain olympic spots, so in all fairness, if they earned it, then they are entitled too it.

Makes it essentially redundant in my opinion,

Lin Lin
Aug 7th, 2012, 08:13 AM
Anyway,I somewhat believe that chinese people are the most hardworking people in the wolrd,I am very proud of this.:yeah:

It's not china's fault,others should work harder on this:lol:

ranfurly
Aug 7th, 2012, 08:19 AM
Anyway,I somewhat believe that chinese people are the most hardworking people in the wolrd,I am very proud of this.:yeah:

You do, You lot were always the last too leave my Maths Classes, and flooded the string orchestra with Violinists and Cellists.:lol:

Halardfan
Aug 7th, 2012, 08:46 AM

We Brits are doing very well too...looks like we will surpass our already excellent performance in Beijing.

It's not just China which is restricted in sports it is strong in...for example Britain has become the strongest nation in track cycling, yet has faced new restrictions in the number of competitors allowed in each event (It is just one entrant per event now I think) this clearly denied us a few more medals.

I don't begrudge the success of China, you hosted an amazing games, have a fabulous team. Would rather like to see you top the medal table too!

HawkAussie
Aug 7th, 2012, 09:37 AM

"China players work for three or four hours every day. Europeans only work for one, or one and a half," said Shi. "China works harder than anyone else."

I agree:shrug:while complaining the chinese dominance,why don't you practice more and work harder?

+1 and the only way that China can't get a medal is if all of the ping pong Chinese people moved to different countries.

pierce85
Aug 7th, 2012, 11:58 AM
He is right, if I ever have a child I'm going to put it in a work camp where it will train for 15 hours a day and will see his parents once a week.

Then he can win an olympic gold medal and afterwards can happily commit suicide in his 40's out of depression

tennismaster8820
Aug 7th, 2012, 01:15 PM

I agree with him in a way that it's not China's fault, they are doing their best.
It's a shame that there aren't any talents coming up from other parts of the world who love table tennis enough to put such hard work in their trainings so they could challenge best Chinese players and add more drama in competitions.
WIll have to happen in the future though sooner or later. :lol:

fifty-fifty
Aug 8th, 2012, 02:22 AM
Want to know? Take a look!

http://radulova.livejournal.com/2730503.html

Mforensic
Aug 8th, 2012, 02:32 AM

Those were horrific.........such abuse!

tennisbum79
Aug 8th, 2012, 02:57 AM

You know what? Very few countries care about table tennis.
It is strictly recreational in most countries.
I have never seen more stressed, pale athletes than in table tennis.

China has niche in this game ( it is not really sport)...

Chinese should start working hard in basketball, soccer, volleyball, handball, track & field, etc..
These are real sports.

Lin Lin
Aug 8th, 2012, 03:02 AM
No tennis?:confused:

KournikovaFan91
Aug 8th, 2012, 03:03 AM
Chinese should start working hard in basketball, soccer, volleyball, handball, track & field, etc..
These are real sports.

Thanks for defining what sport is for us all.

China is right, other countries are lazy, well not lazy but just don't practice as much as their Chinese counterparts. Same with the USSR back in the day, they trained more and were therefore better.

I mean Russia is now just characterised by chokers. :tape: What exactly happened their mental strength in 20 years.

pov
Aug 8th, 2012, 03:13 AM

He's probably correct. The thing is that TT isn't as valued in most Western countries.

pov
Aug 8th, 2012, 03:15 AM
China has niche in this game ( it is not really sport)...

These are real sports.
Get over yourself. Quick. TT is as real and valid a sport as any. And BTW China does better in all those other sports than Western countries do in TT.

M.S.F
Aug 8th, 2012, 10:16 PM
http://fotoswords.blogspot.com/2012/08/china-and-making-of-olympic-champions.html :help:

tennis-insomniac
Aug 8th, 2012, 10:46 PM
Please don't imply that other athletes from other nations that compete in other sports besides table tennis don't work as hard.

The thing is China has many resources and knows how to use it. And true that Chinese are very hard-working and very determined to be successful. It is almost part of their root culture.

Comparing to other nations, yes, I agree that Chinese people in general do work harder, because that's what they are taught to become. But those athletes who are competing for Gold at the Olympic, give them some respects. Because they too has worked their butts off. Some even has worked as hard or harder than some Chinese athletes. Especially in other sports that are not table tennis.

Nicolás89
Aug 8th, 2012, 11:03 PM
Hard to say.

saint2
Aug 8th, 2012, 11:12 PM
China is right, other countries are lazy, well not lazy but just don't practice as much as their Chinese counterparts. Same with the USSR back in the day, they trained more and were therefore better.

USSR doped their "players" that much that they more resembled mutants than real humans. Actually not only USSR, all soviet countries did it (espcially DDR).

Freakan
Aug 10th, 2012, 05:13 PM
China accounts for nearly 20% of world's population but they account for 0% of Top 100 ATP players and men's tennis is probably the most popular individual sport in the world. Wow, these Chinese guys must be incredibly lazy!

PhilePhile
Aug 10th, 2012, 06:11 PM
China accounts for nearly 20% of world's population but they account for 0% of Top 100 ATP players and men's tennis is probably the most popular individual sport in the world. Wow, these Chinese guys must be incredibly lazy!

- Li Na

tennisbum79
Aug 10th, 2012, 10:08 PM
Thanks for defining what sport is for us all.

I mean Russia is now just characterised by chokers. :tape: What exactly happened their mental strength in 20 years.
If you call former USSR training factories a model to emulate, than I don't know what to say.

There is reason nobody wants to emulate them. These inhumane condition, with women overdosed with male hormone

Table tennis players do not look even healthy, they all look pale, drawn and spent, unhealthy.
The only skills they have mastered, is their ability manage stress around that small table.

moby
Aug 10th, 2012, 10:25 PM
Table tennis players do not look even healthy, they all look pale, drawn and spent, unhealthy.
The only skills they have mastered, is their ability manage stress around that small table.No? They look like they don't get enough sun, like the gymnasts. This is to be expected.

They are definitely as fit as any athlete out there.

tennisbum79
Aug 10th, 2012, 10:35 PM
No? They look like they don't get enough sun, like the gymnasts. This is to be expected.
Gymnasts are toned, clear eye, and defined body, TT are flabby, dazed at times.

Example: there was 16-years American girl playing a 49-years mother, 2 years older than her opponent mother.
And yet, during the match, going by their performance, it was to tell who who was older.

Only in TT tennis, will you see this?.
OK Maybe golf and chess and shooting

moby
Aug 10th, 2012, 10:49 PM

Example: there was 16-years American girl playing a 49-years mother, 2 years older than her opponent mother.
And yet, during the match, going by their performance, it was to tell who who was older.

OK Maybe golf and chess and shootingAnd rowing and sailing etc, all of which had gold medalists in their 50s. I don't believe most table tennis players can sustain a top level past their early 30s, because their reflexes and speed would have slowed down too much by then. On the other hand, because the sport is very technical and requires great experience to interpret spin and speed, most champions peak only in their mid-20s.

I'm sure Navratilova at 49 could beat some 16-year old American girl too. Ottey can still run down so many younger girls. That American table-tennis player probably wasn't even in the top 50.

Table tennis requires a different sort of athleticism than gymnastics clearly. Being toned and bulky doesn't improve your flexibility and speed, so why would table tennis players have that body type? I'm sure they are very clear-eyed though.

Halardfan
Aug 10th, 2012, 10:55 PM

OK Maybe golf and chess and shooting

Trouble is what is or isn't a sport is subjective...personally there are far stronger candidates for not being a sport in other areas, but again that's my subjective opinion.

moby
Aug 10th, 2012, 10:59 PM
k-wb83s4fs0

The camera angle at 1:51 shows how fast table tennis is.

olivero
Aug 10th, 2012, 11:14 PM

this

He is right, if I ever have a child I'm going to put it in a work camp where it will train for 15 hours a day and will see his parents once a week.

Then he can win an olympic gold medal and afterwards can happily commit suicide in his 40's out of depression

and this

and how can you say table tennis is not a sport? :help: seriously?

hobahobaspirit
Aug 11th, 2012, 01:09 AM
Chinese just have a different mentality. My gf is Chinese and most of my friends are. In my school, a third of the students are Chinese and I can see how different their mindset is. They are more eager to succeed, more willing to make sacrifices and they do not shun upon hardwork. Westerners are getting lazier and lazier, thinking success is an easy thing to achieve.

tennisbum79
Aug 11th, 2012, 03:47 AM
Chinese just have a different mentality. My gf is Chinese and most of my friends are. In my school, a third of the students are Chinese and I can see how different their mindset is. They are more eager to succeed, more willing to make sacrifices and they do not shun upon hardwork. Westerners are getting lazier and lazier, thinking success is an easy thing to achieve.
Look, let's be serious here. We are talking about table tennis.

My question is, Chinese football and basketball, so why are they successful at these 2 sports?

The reality, most countries do not take table tennis that seriously.
For most people, it is a recreational sport along pool and other you find in drinking hall.

Have you noticed, how most table tennis players representing Europe are of Asian ancestry, mostly Chinese immigrants.

moby
Aug 11th, 2012, 04:06 AM
^And most top sprinters and top basketballers are black, so what's your point?

I just looked up the ITTF men's top 50, of the 22 Europeans, only 1 is of Asian ancestry. On the women's tour maybe that is the case, but there is a lot more parity on the men's tour.

tennisbum79
Aug 11th, 2012, 04:14 AM
^And most top sprinters and top basketballers are black, so what's your point?
The point is, if working hard was the only reason Chinese excel in table tennis, they would excel in football and basketball as well; because they love these sports very much.

There is something else at work here why Chinese dominate table tennis. They are the only ones who take it seriously.

Americans dominating baseball does not necessarily mean they work harder, they take baseball more seriously than other countries

moby
Aug 11th, 2012, 04:17 AM
The point is, if working hard was the only reason Chinese excel in table tennis, they would excel in football and basketball as well; because they love these sports very much.

There is something else at work here why Chinese dominate table tennis. They are the only ones who take it seriously.

Americans dominating baseball does not necessarily mean they work harder, they take baseball more seriously than other countriesSo why does the USA and Jamaica dominate the sprints, and track and field? Is it because the are the only ones who take it seriously?

tennisbum79
Aug 11th, 2012, 04:26 AM
So why does the USA and Jamaica dominate the sprints, and track and field? Is it because the are the only ones who take it seriously?
Actually, they are not as dominant as you think. The have constant challenges from other Caribbean countries.

Look, I don't think table tennis is serious sports outside of China.

And this coach saying western countries are not good at it they are lazy is just the full story.

LindsayRulz
Aug 11th, 2012, 05:51 AM
As much as I think the critics over China's dominance are dumb, I must say that it was quite an uncalled for comment made by China's table tennis head coach. China's success in table tennis isn't only based on their long training schedules; the incredible depth of players and the level of play over the country is just ridicoulously high compared to any countries in Europe and these factors explain a lot about China's dominance. Besides, table tennis is China's national sport. The sport is set in the society just like Baseball or American Football are in the USA. (Heck even the national senior canadian team got trashed by some random chinese tier 2 league a couple of weeks ago.) Thus, complaing about them dominating in table tennis is as stupid as complaining about Jamaica dominating the 100m events, or Canada winning so many gold medals in hockey. This being said, the Europeans might not be practicing as much as the Chineses, but I can say for sure that the Europeans train for much more than an hour or so per days and IMO if the Chineses players in the national certers had the choice they wouldn't be over-practing/burning themself like they do. Thus, IMO, it's more a matter of Chineses being "well-above-average-workers" than Europeans being "lazy".

Talking about stupid comments, some people in this thread (tennisbum79) seem to ignorantly judge table tennis as a game instead of a sport. As a former member of the national canadian junior team I can tell you that table tennis can be just as hard physically as any other sports. In fact, sports are all the same : if you suck at it you won't break a sweat. I can tell you for sure that I'm much more tired after playing table tennis for 2 hours than playing a 2 hour long tennis match, and I swear I can play tennis.

tejmeglekvár
Aug 11th, 2012, 08:22 AM
wanted to post the same. :lol:

Its all about the know-how and background, as always. Either you have it or buy it.

He's probably correct. The thing is that TT isn't as valued in most Western countries.

Actually, they are not as dominant as you think. The have constant challenges from other Caribbean countries.

And this coach saying western countries are not good at it they are lazy is just the full story.

LMAO. Is this some typical english speaking ignorance? "We dont play, so it doesnt exist"? :lol:

Joana
Aug 11th, 2012, 12:25 PM
LMAO. Is this some typical english speaking ignorance? "We dont play, so it doesnt exist"? :lol:

Yes! China only wins because we don't care. That's why it doesn't matter.
Just like the infamous argument that Serena was fat and horrible and that's why her losses don't count.

Vartan
Aug 11th, 2012, 12:48 PM
So does that mean that the Chinese and others do not train hard enough in basketball?

Mynarco
Aug 11th, 2012, 01:30 PM
Have you noticed, how most table tennis players representing Europe are of Asian ancestry, mostly Chinese immigrants.

There are actually lots of white men competing in table tennis. For instance, Germany.

And there are lots of countries participating in Olympic table tennis this year, surely they are taking this sport seriously

Lin Lin
Aug 11th, 2012, 02:50 PM

tennisbum79
Aug 11th, 2012, 09:20 PM
There are actually lots of white men competing in table tennis. For instance, Germany.

And there are lots of countries participating in Olympic table tennis this year, surely they are taking this sport seriously

Why do you have to send me this bad rep?

You send it to the wrong person, it should have gone to the Chinese coach. who made the statement.

it's not just China who are good at TT, just saying

I made 2 points:

Very few countries care about table tennis as a serious sport. It is mostly considered a recreational sport in drinking halls, along with bowling.
If Chinese attribute their success in Table Tennis to hard work( other countries lack of success to laziness), why aren't Chinese good ta Basketball and Football(soccer), 2 sport they like so much

PhilePhile
Aug 11th, 2012, 09:52 PM
Cao Zhongrong (China) finished second in Modern Pentathlon.

(Fencing Swimming Riding Combined Events Overall)

1. David Svoboda (Czech Republic) 1024 1304 1132 2468 5928
2. Cao Zhongrong (China) 1000 1376 1080 2448 5904
3. Adam Marosi (Hungary) 880 1336 1200 2420 5836
4. Aleksander Lesun (Russia) 1000 1312 1112 2340 5764
5. Steffen Gebhardt (Germany) 868 1276 1160 2452 5756
6. Thomas Daniel (Austria) 808 1252 1180 2504 5744

What it is? ...

YLAQqbDytBk