PDA

View Full Version : I think this is the most embarrassing 2012 Olympics moment so far

Sammo
Aug 6th, 2012, 01:24 PM
eVW807kvXFo

Brigitte Foster-Hylton after losing in the 1st round of the 100 m hurdles :weirdo:

tennisbear7
Aug 6th, 2012, 01:33 PM
Have you no heart? She prepped for four (+) years for these games and for her to end it disappointed is something to sympathise with. But I guess I shouldn't expect as much from an idiot like you.

Sammo
Aug 6th, 2012, 01:35 PM
Have you no heart? She prepped for four (+) years for these games and for her to end it disappointed is something to sympathise with. But I guess I shouldn't expect as much from an idiot like you.

:spit: Everyone has the same opinion as me. I guess you identify with sore losers very well

Nicolas
Aug 6th, 2012, 01:38 PM
:spit: Everyone has the same opinion as me. I guess you identify with sore losers very well

Who is everyone? and check the definition of a "sore loser", please

Sammo
Aug 6th, 2012, 01:40 PM
The media, the people who commented the incident, etc. Please, Federer was criticized for crying (unfairly IMO), but this was ridicolous, she looked like a 3 year-old.

tennisbear7
Aug 6th, 2012, 01:43 PM
I'm sorry I identify with someone being hugely disappointed after putting so much effort in. I suppose you've been successful in every aspect of your life.

Dani12
Aug 6th, 2012, 01:45 PM
In all honestly, I can understand it...but I was also a litte embarassed for her. I'm almost certain she'll regret not doing in behind closed door. In saying that, if I was in her position I probably would have been hysteric aswell.

...Don't forget, this was probably her last chance, she is 37.

Sammo
Aug 6th, 2012, 01:45 PM
I'm sorry I identify with someone being hugely disappointed after putting so much effort in. I suppose you've been successful in every aspect of your life.

I certainly take my defeats better than that.

Chip.
Aug 6th, 2012, 01:46 PM

Exactly. Imagine how it feels to have 4+ years of hard work and dedication for nothing - 4 years that can't be brought back and seem like a waste. She has every right to feel upset, though granted her reaction is a bit OTT.. but it could have been much worse.

For me, the most embarrassing moment is when that drunk spectator heckled Usain Bolt (saying that he wasn't going to win :oh:) and tried to throw a glass bottle at him just before the 100m final.

tennisbear7
Aug 6th, 2012, 01:49 PM

:haha: Buddy, compared to these athletes you haven't worked a day in your life. You have no right to judge, and you are certainly mistaken if you think your opinion matters so much so as to open a thread. :lol::tape:

Sammo
Aug 6th, 2012, 01:53 PM
:haha: Buddy, compared to these athletes you haven't worked a day in your life. You have no right to judge, and you are certainly mistaken if you think your opinion matters so much so as to open a thread. :lol::tape:

Yes because opening a thread is even more important than publishing an article in the New York Times.

kwilliams
Aug 6th, 2012, 01:56 PM
In all honestly, I can understand it...but I was also a litte embarassed for her. I'm almost certain she'll regret not doing in behind closed door. In saying that, if I was in her position I probably would have been hysteric aswell.

...Don't forget, this was probably her last chance, she is 37.

Agreed. You can't help but feel for people who work and train so hard - who live and breathe their sport and then fall short when it matters most.

Hooooowwwever, flinging yourself to the ground like a rag doll is something you're probably going to look back on and cringe, at least a little. The reaction of her competitor kinda said it all. She was trying to console her but as soon as she did that she bolted!

People will empathise much more with tears or exclamations of frustration, rather than hysterics. I realise she was just in the moment and not looking for sympathy but it's not so unusual for someone to feel a bit bemused or uncomfortable watching that.

Anyway, I hope it helped her to work through it or to start working through it.

nevetssllim
Aug 6th, 2012, 01:57 PM
:weirdo: She's 37 and has fought back from two career threatening injuries, one of which was sustained at a very advanced age. I can't imagine how hard she's worked to get herself back into shape. She retires this year and an Olympic medal was the only thing keeping her going so I can fully understand her reaction.

Pops Maellard
Aug 6th, 2012, 02:08 PM
As much as you can sympathize, this is rather cringeworthy :tears:.

Dani12
Aug 6th, 2012, 02:09 PM
o6qIpAa6sJ0

:awww:

Sammo
Aug 6th, 2012, 02:14 PM
As much as you can sympathize, this is rather cringeworthy :tears:.

Exactly! I felt sorry for her too but come on, that was too much.

ElusiveChanteuse
Aug 6th, 2012, 02:15 PM
Sally :worship:

tennisbear7
Aug 6th, 2012, 02:28 PM
Sally :tear: She knows how hard these athletes have to work, and how much they have to sacrifice. Get the gold Sally. :hearts:

tennismaster8820
Aug 6th, 2012, 02:32 PM
Very sad moment, only embarrassing for those who do not understand it.

eck
Aug 6th, 2012, 02:49 PM
You'd have to feel for her. Her last chance to medal ever pretty much wiped out in 13+ secs. 4 years of hard work post Beijing and it came down to this.
She apparently had the second best time this season too, so I think that makes it harder to swallow this.

Mary Cherry.
Aug 6th, 2012, 03:45 PM
Of course it's impossible not to sympathise with her given her situation, but I've seen little kids in supermarkets have the exact same reaction when their mum won't buy them a packet of sweets.

Mikey.
Aug 6th, 2012, 03:48 PM
Seriously, it is sad that she had to end her Olympic career that way but I couldn't help but laugh when I saw it. :crying2: DEAD at how Lolo was like erm... okay then and walked off.

o6qIpAa6sJ0

That was really sweet. :tears:

Dominic
Aug 6th, 2012, 04:16 PM
I sympathize with her but that is a bit much indeed.

dybbuk
Aug 6th, 2012, 04:19 PM
It's possible to both feel sorry for her and feel embarrassed for her. This is a grown woman who threw herself on the ground and threw a tantrum, with feet kicking and everything. :o Lolo was clearly freaked out when she did that and basically ran away.

Stamp Paid
Aug 6th, 2012, 04:35 PM
Thats all she did? I thought she was rolling around on the track or something.
You never know what people have at stake in their lives.

nevetssllim
Aug 6th, 2012, 04:44 PM
And the video didn't show the race either. She clipped a hurdle and completely fell out of contention. Her reaction was out of fury for making such a rudimentary error, not because she lost.

Valanga
Aug 6th, 2012, 04:47 PM
Well done for Sally interrupting the interview to console her fellow athlete.

MaBaker
Aug 6th, 2012, 05:04 PM
Did she try to break her leg by jumping on it? Weird. Though she was probably beyond frustrated.

Nicolás89
Aug 6th, 2012, 06:12 PM

I can't.

harloo
Aug 6th, 2012, 06:16 PM
That is so sad. Her reaction wasn't embarrassing in the least bit when you consider the training and preparation that goes into Track and Field. The compensation isn't even that great in most Olympic sports and to have to wait another 4 years to win a Gold Medal is devastating. This was probably her last chance due to age and she failed in the 1st round.

Tyson Gay broke down in tears in the press conference after he lost the 100m final. After missing Beijing because of hip surgery he recovered and gave it one last shot but couldn't nab a medal. He has never won an Olympic medal and the 100m race was it for him. If you don't understand how much that hurts you're heartless.

Stamp Paid
Aug 6th, 2012, 06:55 PM
And still can't at Sammo ... you really don't have a heart I guess :sobbing:No heart, no friends, no life, etc.

gentenaire
Aug 6th, 2012, 07:14 PM
That is so sad. Her reaction wasn't embarrassing in the least bit when you consider the training and preparation that goes into Track and Field. The compensation isn't even that great in most Olympic sports and to have to wait another 4 years to win a Gold Medal is devastating. This was probably her last chance due to age and she failed in the 1st round.

Tyson Gay broke down in tears in the press conference after he lost the 100m final. After missing Beijing because of hip surgery he recovered and gave it one last shot but couldn't nab a medal. He has never won an Olympic medal and the 100m race was it for him. If you don't understand how much that hurts you're heartless.

For Gay it must sting especially hard considering who won bronze. I really feel for him.

And I agree with you, her reaction was perfectly natural.

Sammo
Aug 6th, 2012, 07:26 PM
No heart, no friends, no life, etc.

Pathetic. I used to tell people like you that you had to have a very miserable life to make such statementes, but then I realized that it's not about their lives, it's about them being miserable people. Congratulations about inaugurating my ignore list, I can stand annoying trolls like Queenpova, I can't stand moral scum.

Melange
Aug 6th, 2012, 08:32 PM
Sally

Melange
Aug 6th, 2012, 08:36 PM
Pathetic. I used to tell people like you that you had to have a very miserable life to make such statementes, but then I realized that it's not about their lives, it's about them being miserable people. Congratulations about inaugurating my ignore list, I can stand annoying trolls like Queenpova, I can't stand moral scum.

:tears:

Stamp Paid
Aug 6th, 2012, 08:40 PM
:tears::crying2:

Mixal
Aug 6th, 2012, 08:57 PM

Oh boy.

JN
Aug 6th, 2012, 10:02 PM
Her emotions got the best of her for a moment and she immediately regrouped. What's the big deal? :shrug:

edificio
Aug 6th, 2012, 11:07 PM
She was a bit dramatic, but it really didn't go on that long, so...I'll cut her some slack. Pearson was really quite endearing in that other clip.

Chance
Aug 7th, 2012, 10:24 AM

I agree. I really felt for her..In that moment she broke down, it's understandable. I hate when people tells others on 'how to act' in situations like that.... with that I laughed when Roger lost to Nadal at the AO final and was crying like a baby- suck it up man!

Charlatan
Aug 7th, 2012, 08:05 PM
Spammo strikes again

Mr.Sharapova
Aug 7th, 2012, 08:31 PM
o6qIpAa6sJ0

:worship: Love Sally :worship:.

edificio
Aug 7th, 2012, 08:39 PM
Lolo Jones came in fourth, Sammo. :\

Cilla
Aug 7th, 2012, 08:45 PM
o6qIpAa6sJ0

That's so nice of Sally.

Melange
Aug 7th, 2012, 08:50 PM
Lolo is nicer and better looking

CatTs
Aug 8th, 2012, 10:34 PM
Well, it's not the most embarrassing moment probably but there's no point in such overreaction. She just harms herself, her family and fans with this drama. Get over it, girl. Imagine if Liu Xiang had hysterics after he injured his ankle at the very first barrier. No, it's not okay.
I can only wish her best in future. :shrug: She's certainly not the only one who couldn't get a medal because of "bad luck". One emotional girl. Understand you, Sammo.

pla
Aug 9th, 2012, 12:05 AM
Reading couple of posts about this video, I can't help but wonder what is the age of certain posters. I guess with age and life experience comes also acceptance that people have difficult moments in their life where their own expectations, hard work and dreams have been shattered and with this come some type of reactions.

Nothing embarrassing really.

nevetssllim
Aug 9th, 2012, 12:11 AM
Well, it's not the most embarrassing moment probably but there's no point in such overreaction. She just harms herself, her family and fans with this drama. Get over it, girl. Imagine if Liu Xiang had hysterics after he injured his ankle at the very first barrier. No, it's not okay.
I can only wish her best in future. :shrug: She's certainly not the only one who couldn't get a medal because of "bad luck". One emotional girl. Understand you, Sammo.

A mess.

CatTs
Aug 9th, 2012, 12:13 AM
Don't understand what age has to do with it.

CatTs
Aug 9th, 2012, 12:15 AM
A mess.

If it's about my level of English I'll have to agree :smash:.