PDA

View Full Version : Hard Court Season - Rogers Cup in Montreal

MashaFan01
Aug 5th, 2012, 06:58 PM
Link: Rogers Cup - Montreal (http://www.rogerscup.com/women/english/home.php)

**mashafierce**
Aug 5th, 2012, 07:11 PM
go hardcourtpova

perseus2006
Aug 5th, 2012, 09:05 PM
Montreal should be a good tourny! Pova will be jet lagged, a lot worse for wear from the massive Pity Party, uncomfortable on HC and more interested in showing off her Silver Medal than getting to work playing tennis.

Hogg will earn his keep if he can get her to focus enough to win the first match.

killerqueen
Aug 5th, 2012, 10:32 PM
Took me so long to remember who beat Maria here last year. Completely forgot that it was my very own GalinaGoddess! :hearts:/:fiery:

Hoping that she gets a better result this time, if she actually shows up! :)

JamieOwen3
Aug 5th, 2012, 10:37 PM
Go slay Maria :hearts: Get them points.

18majors
Aug 5th, 2012, 11:20 PM
Let's go, Maria!

killerqueen
Aug 5th, 2012, 11:34 PM
Is Maria going to be seeded second or third here? I'd have thought 3rd, but if the draw is at 1pm, the new rankings would probably be released by then...

18majors
Aug 6th, 2012, 12:40 AM
Took me so long to remember who beat Maria here last year. Completely forgot that it was my very own GalinaGoddess! :hearts:/:fiery:

Hoping that she gets a better result this time, if she actually shows up! :)

Galina beat both Bartoli and Maria convincingly last year. Wonder if Maria will beat Galina this year if Galina is qualified into MD.

My hunch is that Maria will beat Galina this year, just like she finally beat Kirilenko in 2 sets at 2012 OG.

MiiMo
Aug 6th, 2012, 02:11 AM
Well, Sharapova played extermely bad in Toronto last year due to windy conditions, don't know how the weather will be this year at Montreal, hope it suits her better and that she'll go deep.
This is a good occasion for her to take back world number one spot, and, to save us from Agg1e (Please, let this never happen Mar1a) !

Stonerpova
Aug 6th, 2012, 03:11 AM
Why on earth is she playing? She's gotta be drained.

NashaP
Aug 6th, 2012, 03:32 AM
Maria should withdraw and just focus on Cinni instead. She's gonna be mentally and physically drained after the Olympics. I don't want her to crash out in r3 or r4 of us open. She should practice like hell on the hardcourts and try to go deep in cinni and I think she will be good for US open.

Valkyre
Aug 6th, 2012, 07:56 AM
She can start making up points now actually :)

Toronto is one of the tournaments Maria did not go so well last year, so here is hoping she will go further this time. Although it is going to be hard, she has been playing lots of tennis. Davai!

claypova
Aug 6th, 2012, 08:13 AM
Maria is playing Montreal? :confused:

when does the draw come out?

SilverSlam
Aug 6th, 2012, 09:37 AM
1PM on Monday, so today, but 1PM their time....

So, probably Tuesday for us in Aus :rolleyes:

But she wouldn't have to play until Thursday, plenty of time to settle down and focus.

Trih
Aug 6th, 2012, 09:48 AM
1PM Montreal time is 7h from now. :p I'd really like to see the draws, I just hope Maria is not tired from Olympics, but I'm sure if she decided to play she is fit for it. :)
I see only Federer and Serena aren't playing Toronto and Montreal, all the other top players are going, so I guess it's ok.

Valkyre
Aug 6th, 2012, 10:11 AM
1PM Montreal time is 7h from now. :p I'd really like to see the draws, I just hope Maria is not tired from Olympics, but I'm sure if she decided to play she is fit for it. :)
I see only Federer and Serena aren't playing Toronto and Montreal, all the other top players are going, so I guess it's ok.

Rafa is out as well due to the knee issue, although I am pretty sure he needs to rest. Interesting that Serena is skipping this one and attended the Stanford one... I would assume he would do it the other way around.

Whatever the case go Maria! :)

Mr.Sharapova
Aug 6th, 2012, 10:15 AM
Lets do this Maria :cheer:. Get this title gurl :angel:.

JoPova
Aug 6th, 2012, 10:20 AM
I'm sick and tired of the Olympics! :o I'm glad she got a medal, but I can't ignore what happened that day. So I have mixed feeling about this experience at the moment! :hysteric: I'm sure I'll appreciate the good part of it more in the future!

Let's focus on this new tournament! It's interesting because Serena's not playing, so we know that she won't be straight-setting every player to take the title! :lol: Maria and Vika need to do well here! They have to save the #1 ranking from Radwanska! :hysteric:

Mr.Sharapova
Aug 6th, 2012, 10:22 AM
This is the best season Maria had to date:shrug:. To slam finals back to back, winning at Roland Garros, silver medal and also 2 more titles at Stuttgart and Rome. More titles to come this year, I just know it.

Get that USO girl :rocker2:.

gc-spurs
Aug 6th, 2012, 10:22 AM
USO Series is so hard to skip for many players because it's really lucrative.

Trih
Aug 6th, 2012, 10:25 AM
Rafa is out as well due to the knee issue, although I am pretty sure he needs to rest. Interesting that Serena is skipping this one and attended the Stanford one... I would assume he would do it the other way around.

Whatever the case go Maria! :)

He, who? Didn't get it :unsure: BTW it's understandable Serena had her title to defend in Stanford, as Maria has hers in Cincinnati, that's why I was wondering if she's playing both tournaments before USO. But if she does good enough in Montreal, plus the points from OG, she'll probably have the same points even if she doesn't play Cincy, right?

gc-spurs
Aug 6th, 2012, 10:31 AM
I don't think she'll skip Cincy, I think she genuinely likes those urns that tournament. Plus she normally plays 3 tournaments before USO so schedule wise is probably just replacing Stanford with the Olympics. Tournament number wise, she's up to 11 including a no show in Charleston so if she plays 2 US tournaments, USO, 2 Asians that brings her tally up to 16 (but really 15) which is a normal year for her. Not to mention she seems quite fit this year- both in match and over hte long haul, as seen in the three set record and the consistently getting far in each tournament.

That said I may wake up tomorrow to see she's withdrawn from toronto.

Trih
Aug 6th, 2012, 10:34 AM
I don't think she'll skip Cincy, I think she genuinely likes those urns that tournament. Plus she normally plays 3 tournaments before USO so schedule wise is probably just replacing Stanford with the Olympics. Not to mention she seems quite fit this year- both in match and over hte long haul, as seen in the three set record and the consistently getting far in each tournament.

:haha:

Your post gave me back a lot of optimism! :hug: :cheer:

JoPova
Aug 6th, 2012, 10:56 AM
I don't think she'll skip Cincy, I think she genuinely likes those urns that tournament. Plus she normally plays 3 tournaments before USO so schedule wise is probably just replacing Stanford with the Olympics. Tournament number wise, she's up to 11 including a no show in Charleston so if she plays 2 US tournaments, USO, 2 Asians that brings her tally up to 16 (but really 15) which is a normal year for her. Not to mention she seems quite fit this year- both in match and over hte long haul, as seen in the three set record and the consistently getting far in each tournament.

That said I may wake up tomorrow to see she's withdrawn from toronto.

Serena's playing Cincy though! :scared:

Marilyn Monheaux
Aug 6th, 2012, 10:57 AM

That said I may wake up tomorrow to see she's withdrawn from toronto Montreal.

Montreal sucks. :o

Marilyn Monheaux
Aug 6th, 2012, 10:58 AM
Serena's playing Cincy though! :scared:

Serena is playing New York as well!! ZOMFG!!! They could play each other again!! BOMBSHELL!!!!!!!!!!!!!

JoPova
Aug 6th, 2012, 11:03 AM
Serena is playing New York as well!! ZOMFG!!! They could play each other again!! BOMBSHELL!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I know! :hysteric:

perseus2006
Aug 6th, 2012, 11:48 AM
Montreal is a fantastic city! Pova's really going to enjoy it for the Fine Dining, wines, French inspired menus and exquisite service. It takes 3 to 4 hours to eat dinner! Pova needs early matches.

I regret I cannot be in Montreal. Should have planned this summer better!

Valkyre
Aug 6th, 2012, 11:49 AM
He, who? Didn't get it :unsure: BTW it's understandable Serena had her title to defend in Stanford, as Maria has hers in Cincinnati, that's why I was wondering if she's playing both tournaments before USO. But if she does good enough in Montreal, plus the points from OG, she'll probably have the same points even if she doesn't play Cincy, right?

Nadal! He pulled out of Rogers Cup.

Also, if I recall correctly Serena won last year in rogers cup that is why I find it interesting that she wanted to defend a small tournament like stansford and not a bigger one like Rogers cup.

Trih
Aug 6th, 2012, 11:57 AM
Oh, I wasn't considering Nadal because he already didn't play OG because of the knee and I didn't expect him to be in any tournament before USO. And I didn't remember Serena won Rogers Cup in 2011, but like Maria I don't think she (and should) care about winning points for the ranking, like Radwanska seem to do :oh:, but only focus on big objectives, AKA slams. :p

Shivank17
Aug 6th, 2012, 12:12 PM
Isn't this the first time she will be back at Montreal(not Toronto) after 2008?

**mashafierce**
Aug 6th, 2012, 12:13 PM
Imagine Maria winning Rogers cup and Serena winning Cincy.Anyway I don't want her to get tired mentally or physically playing the US series .I really want her to win USO this year

18majors
Aug 6th, 2012, 01:14 PM
Isn't this the first time she will be back at Montreal(not Toronto) after 2008?

Yes, but I forgot why she didn't play Montreal after collapsining against Clijsters at Cincy final.

Marilyn Monheaux
Aug 6th, 2012, 01:15 PM
Yes, but I forgot why she didn't play Montreal after collapsining against Clijsters at Cincy final.

She hurt her ankle during the final...

18majors
Aug 6th, 2012, 01:15 PM
Imagine Maria winning Rogers cup and Serena Cincy.Anyway I don't want her to get tired mentally or physically playing the US series .I really want her to win USO this year

Hope Maria will play Serena at Cincy before USO.

AniaSharapova
Aug 6th, 2012, 04:42 PM
From Charles BlouinGascon twitter:

@CeeeBG
None other than Maria Sharapova is due on court 4 from noon to 2 p.m. But she's still late.

MM_1257
Aug 6th, 2012, 04:50 PM
Myles tweeted that Mash is Montreal but didn't come to her practice at noone.
Hehe, tired I guess.
I am having doubts she'll actually play.

JoPova
Aug 6th, 2012, 04:59 PM
She needs rest! It's a long flight after all! :shrug: I think she'll play a couple of matches at least!

pedropt
Aug 6th, 2012, 05:17 PM
Potential QFs- Azarenka-Kvitova, Sharapova-Wozniacki, Kerber-Stosur, Errani-Radwanska

NID :o

Trih
Aug 6th, 2012, 05:21 PM
I dare to say Vika got the best draw :lol: Petra on northamerican hardcourts = :sobbing: :help:
Ok Queen Vulture is easy too :facepalm:

JoPova
Aug 6th, 2012, 05:22 PM
The span of time when Radwanska got difficult draws lasted one tournament: RG. Now it's back to her usual dream draws! :haha: She's so getting that #1 ranking! :faceaplm:

Mistress of Evil
Aug 6th, 2012, 05:32 PM
https://p.twimg.com/Azoa0d8CIAAlSUE.jpg:large

Still not convinced she will actually play, we will see.

JoPova
Aug 6th, 2012, 05:37 PM
Mchale is tough! I hoped for an easier second round opponent! Oh well! I want her to meet Jelena again, but I have my doubts that Jelena will beat either Wozniak or Hantuchova! :lol:

Mr.Sharapova
Aug 6th, 2012, 05:42 PM
Maria will play here :shrug:. She should do well with this draw if she plays like she did at the Olympics cause she played Amazing at the Olympics bar that final. QF vs Wozniacki-SF vs Azarenka :angel:.

18majors
Aug 6th, 2012, 06:21 PM
Stephanie Myles‏@OpenCourt

Maria

@MM_12 I'd you're coming east to west it's usually the opposite. Up too early still on Europe time. Prob won't play till Thurs anyway

Fighterpova
Aug 6th, 2012, 06:23 PM
Her draw :help:

I couldn't stand yet another beatdown(by Azarenka) :o

Please play well :)

killerqueen
Aug 6th, 2012, 06:34 PM
Nadal! He pulled out of Rogers Cup.

Also, if I recall correctly Serena won last year in rogers cup that is why I find it interesting that she wanted to defend a small tournament like stansford and not a bigger one like Rogers cup.

Apparently Serena said Stanford had more sentimental value, as it's where she first won a title after the horrible time she had after Wimbledon 2010. :)

RenaPova
Aug 6th, 2012, 06:57 PM
I hope Maria is ready to slay. :armed:

jameshazza
Aug 6th, 2012, 08:33 PM
These hard courts are fast no? So I would fancy her chances if she can be fully motivated. If she carries her grass form on to the hard courts she can do very well as she won't have odd and low bounces. McHale will be a test IMO, at least that's who I'm assuming she'll play first. The rest of the players in her quarter are struggling now.

Not sure how I would feel about playing Cinci as well. The season is long and realistically Maria has played and won enough matches this season that she could probably do without any warm up tournaments. Not that she should be thinking like that of course.

I'm still not sure what to expect, I get the feeling she loves playing in Cinci but she won't play 3 weeks straight and I don't want a half-assed showing here considering how amazing and consistent the year has been.

Craig.
Aug 6th, 2012, 08:39 PM
Guys, I have yet to get tickets for the Rogers Cup and I need you guys' help. When do you think they will schedule Maria so I can get tickets for her first match? :hysteric:

Trih
Aug 6th, 2012, 08:47 PM
I think I read somewhere she should play on thursday? :unsure:

18majors
Aug 6th, 2012, 08:48 PM
These hard courts are fast no? So I would fancy her chances if she can be fully motivated. If she carries her grass form on to the hard courts she can do very well as she won't have odd and low bounces. McHale will be a test IMO, at least that's who I'm assuming she'll play first. The rest of the players in her quarter are struggling now.

Not sure how I would feel about playing Cinci as well. The season is long and realistically Maria has played and won enough matches this season that she could probably do without any warm up tournaments. Not that she should be thinking like that of course.

I'm still not sure what to expect, I get the feeling she loves playing in Cinci but she won't play 3 weeks straight and I don't want a half-assed showing here considering how amazing and consistent the year has been.

Don't you think Maria is eager to erase Olympics final with good showings in both Montreal and Cincy?

Playing 3 weeks in a row shouldn't be a big deal, especially now Maria is back to her home turf of North America.

Craig.
Aug 6th, 2012, 08:48 PM
I think I read somewhere she should play on thursday? :unsure:

But what session? :hysteric: I'm thinking she'll play at night, but GAAAAAAAAAAAAH.

18majors
Aug 6th, 2012, 08:51 PM
But what session? :hysteric: I'm thinking she'll play at night, but GAAAAAAAAAAAAH.

Thursday night session would be my guess. Maria played both night sessions last year in Toronto.

Craig.
Aug 6th, 2012, 08:55 PM
Thursday night session would be my guess. Maria played both night sessions last year in Toronto.

Good bet, isn't it? Ok, I'll go with that :hysteric: Thanks guys :yeah:

Trih
Aug 6th, 2012, 09:01 PM

I would really like to help you :tears:

When I bought tickets for Rome (6 months before the tournament lol) I just had to guess where she would play and I picked the CC... When I discovered the day before that she was going to be on the other court I DIED FOR 3 SECONDS :hysteric: but then the next day I found out that my tickets were valid for that court too. So... isn't there such a thing in Rogers Cup? If there are 2 main courts you should be sure she's on one of those, and my guess would be night session for the first rounds they'll keep all the most important players for the night.
Plus, she'll probably play vs McHale, I know it's not USA but I guess she has more attire than some european player: another reason to go for the night session? :p

Craig.
Aug 6th, 2012, 09:04 PM
I would really like to help you :tears:

When I bought tickets for Rome (6 months before the tournament lol) I just had to guess where she would play and I picked the CC... When I discovered the day before that she was going to be on the other court I DIED FOR 3 SECONDS :hysteric: but then the next day I found out that my tickets were valid for that court too. So... isn't there such a thing in Rogers Cup? If there are 2 main courts you should be sure she's on one of those, and my guess would be night session for the first rounds they'll keep all the most important players for the night.

I'm 100% sure she'll be on the Center Court. It's just the day and session that's an issue.

Trih
Aug 6th, 2012, 09:09 PM
Meanwhile Galina has been kicked out from Rezai, we're not having the rematch. :p

Maria Croft
Aug 7th, 2012, 07:38 AM
After her first match it's an excellent draw to the SF's at least.

Hope she isn't too tired, and really goes for it.

Valkyre
Aug 7th, 2012, 07:59 AM
Her draw :help:

I couldn't stand yet another beatdown(by Azarenka) :o

Please play well :)

Once again, I have to say this... one match at a time. Dont consider anything as a given. Maria is not yet in the semi final and Vika isnt herself as well.

In fact I would just advise everyone to hold the expectations to a low... most players are tired coming to Montreal so anything is possible and understandable.

Nothing is written in stone. Maria has lots of matches before she is facing Vika and the same applies to Vika as well and they may not meet at all.

All I hope for is that Maria has enough fuel in the tank to play her best tennis and do well. Davai Maria!

justiceandpeace
Aug 7th, 2012, 08:03 AM
I think Maria will pull out of Montreal probably, but if she plays on she will win it, most people expected her not to win the french open because she won rome but she ended up winning it...so it is possible for Maria to play well two or three weeks in a row...im sure its down to her against Radwanska again...hope maria can get her revenge this time

Tennisvampire
Aug 7th, 2012, 08:49 AM
I can't at how the upper half is so much stronger than the other one :haha: Aga's draw :spit: Oh, and Vika got Sabine in round 3 (provided she passes her first match). Now we'll really get to see the confirmation/denial of the rule that Bine only puts up a fight against Maria (majorly on grass :lol:)

Edit: I just saw that Vika's second round opponent is the winner of Goerges-Paszek... Potentially challenging opponents :angel:

MM_1257
Aug 7th, 2012, 09:16 AM
I think Maria won't play this torunament, if she decides to do it, IMO she won't go too far, she is drained. I expet a Wimby-esque performance.

Valkyre
Aug 7th, 2012, 09:21 AM
I agree myself that if Maria has to skip a tournament this hardcourt season this is the one she should. While Rogers Cup is a place where she can make up loads of points since last year she reached only the 3rd round, we have to see the bigger picture here. And that is the fact that she is going to run out of gas when it comes for Cinci (where she has loads of points to defened) and ofcourse the US Open where she has to be at her absolute best in order to make up some huge points.

I really hope that Thomas and Maria know best what they need to do, but it looks like there is a lot of tennis for Maria and I dont know what that means. Whatever the case they must know better than we do. :) DAVAI!

AniaSharapova
Aug 7th, 2012, 10:02 AM
I think Maria won't play this torunament, if she decides to do it, IMO she won't go too far, she is drained. I expet a Wimby-esque performance.

Agree. Even if she decides to play in Montreal she'll be tired after London and her performance in Canada will be something what we saw at Wimbledon. I hope she'll skip this tournament because I really don't wanna see her beaten by Wozniacki or Vulture. Also she should rest well and prepare herself for Cincy and defend title.

justiceandpeace
Aug 7th, 2012, 11:40 AM
But cincy awards the same number of pts as montreal so there's no difference to which tournament maria plays...isn't it? she has a good chance of increasing her pts and possibly taking the year end no.1 since she has little points to defend at the us open and basd on her level of play right now it's more than possible to defend cincy/gain points at montreal...i just want her to win the us open and the yec

MM_1257
Aug 7th, 2012, 11:45 AM
Maria does not play for points, when she plays she tries to do her best. And if she is too tired then she usually doesn't play. She has never been a player playing for points, she is one of those who have a schedule with fewest no. of tournaments per year. Winning the USO?? well that is a far fetched goal. First we have to see in what form she will be up until then + she has been underperforming in USO for quite some years now.

perseus2006
Aug 7th, 2012, 12:01 PM
I believe Pova will play Montreal.

Hogg seems to have helped Pova with the endurance and recovery issues. She's a tough girl these days! Note her Clay Season performance, 3-Set Record and her occassional comments about match to match and tournament to tournament recovery and conditioning.

I believe Pova's plans include the Roger's Cup Trophy...

**mashafierce**
Aug 7th, 2012, 12:03 PM
I agree myself that if Maria has to skip a tournament this hardcourt season this is the one she should. While Rogers Cup is a place where she can make up loads of points since last year she reached only the 3rd round, we have to see the bigger picture here. And that is the fact that she is going to run out of gas when it comes for Cinci (where she has loads of points to defened) and ofcourse the US Open where she has to be at her absolute best in order to make up some huge points.

I really hope that Thomas and Maria know best what they need to do, but it looks like there is a lot of tennis for Maria and I dont know what that means. Whatever the case they must know better than we do. :) DAVAI!

I agree but given the fact that Maria played as many tournaments during the clay season I think she can handle it.Of course she has been playing a lot of tennis lately and it's really surprising to me.I think she's going to do whatever it takes to be in great shape for USO.She doesn't really care about points she cares about slams.

Kon.
Aug 7th, 2012, 12:18 PM
I think she will play.
And when Maria plays she plays to win. I'd love to see this trophy added to her collection.

Valkyre
Aug 7th, 2012, 12:33 PM
I agree but given the fact that Maria played as many tournaments during the clay season I think she can handle it.Of course she has been playing a lot of tennis lately and it's really surprising to me.I think she's going to do whatever it takes to be in great shape for USO.She doesn't really care about points she cares about slams.

I agree with what you are saying and hopefully that is how things are. But the clay season only a few month into this year, now we are deep into the tour, Maria has many matches/tournaments and all this takes a toll on an athlete. In any case it seems she is definetely going to play, since the draw is already out and Maria would have said something if she wasnt supposed to participate.

All in all I think she and Thomas know best so we are ok. ;)

Trih
Aug 7th, 2012, 12:35 PM
I just realized. We should add the Silver Medal in the trophy collection thread! :hearts:

perseus2006
Aug 7th, 2012, 12:41 PM
According to TBE, Pova trails Vika by 30 points with 2011 Canada Open points out. Pova can get to #1 again by going deeper in Montreal than Vika!!! It's not all that important, but it's would be nice.

claypova
Aug 7th, 2012, 12:43 PM
According to TBE, Pova trails Vika by 30 points with 2011 Canada Open points out. Pova can get to #1 again by going deeper in Montreal than Vika!!! It's not all that important, but it's would be nice.

THIS! and if Maria defends the Cincy's points, then she has a good chance of ending the year as number 1 :oh:

claypova
Aug 7th, 2012, 12:44 PM
I just realized. We should add the Silver Medal in the trophy collection thread! :hearts:

But she didn't exactly win the tournament, so i don't think it counts as a title :sad:

Marilyn Monheaux
Aug 7th, 2012, 12:49 PM
I don't want Maria to reclaim the No.1 ranking before the US Open. :o We all know she plays shite whenever she's the top ranked player in the world. :o Save that ish for after the Open. :o

Maria rocks
Aug 7th, 2012, 12:55 PM
Why on earth is she playing? She's gotta be drained.

If Maria didn't feel right she wouldn't play. Im not worried if she wins this tournament though. Surely the priority is to successfully defend her Cinci title ahead of the US Open.

Shivank17
Aug 7th, 2012, 01:30 PM
I don't want Maria to reclaim the No.1 ranking before the US Open. :o We all know she plays shite whenever she's the top ranked player in the world. :o Save that ish for after the Open. :o

exactly. :lol:

I just want her and even Vika to get enough points to prevent Queen Vulture from becoming No.1 :tape:

Feyd
Aug 7th, 2012, 01:35 PM
If Maria didn't feel right she wouldn't play. Im not worried if she wins this tournament though. Surely the priority is to successfully defend her Cinci title ahead of the US Open.

Well, Serena is in Cinci too, may be it is just better to go for Montreal and tank Cinci instead. :lol:

MM_1257
Aug 7th, 2012, 03:17 PM
Masha's practicing now... There was a pic of her heading to practice on twitter.

**mashafierce**
Aug 7th, 2012, 04:11 PM
Don't you guys think that this year she is much more devoted to tennis?

Craig.
Aug 7th, 2012, 05:51 PM
I can't believe Maria is actually in my city.

Trih
Aug 7th, 2012, 06:03 PM
But she didn't exactly win the tournament, so i don't think it counts as a title :sad:
I know :tears: but in my eyes Olympics are different to any other tournament, like Roger said:"I didn't lose gold, I won silver." ;)
I know right? :lol: That's what I thought when I was in Rome (even if I was 600 km from home), it was like "Oh my god, she's here in the same city I am. SOMEWHERE, but she is!", I just can only imagine how it is when it's in *YOUR* city. :hearts:

18majors
Aug 7th, 2012, 07:05 PM

She will be in my city for 3 weeks during USO.

Mr.Sharapova
Aug 7th, 2012, 07:16 PM
The closest that I've been near Maria was in 2008 when she played Rome and I was in Rome at that time :sobbing:.

gc-spurs
Aug 7th, 2012, 07:26 PM
Maria was in my city... but I was in another country.

perseus2006
Aug 7th, 2012, 09:37 PM
If the entire SS were to assemble irl, Montreal would be the ideal place to do it.

But in this less than ideal universe we inhabit, we will have to settle for posting about tennis in Montreal.

Looking forward to Paszek terrorizing Vika.

Do this, Pova!

18majors
Aug 7th, 2012, 09:58 PM
It's confirmed that Maria won't play until Thursday.

http://www.flashscore.com/tennis/

Stonerpova
Aug 7th, 2012, 10:32 PM
Finally took a gander at the draw and I like what I'm seeing. McHale is her biggest obstacle until the semis where she'll likely get Azarenka. If Maria's gonna lose I'd rather her do it in the semis.

perseus2006
Aug 8th, 2012, 01:21 AM
I posted a while ago that Pova can regain #1 by earning more than 30 points over Vika at Montreal.

That could be a very short lived tenure at #1. Next week at Cinci, Pova loses 900 points from 2011 Cinci. Vika did not play so she can only gain points at Cinci.

Pova needs to do very well at both Montreal and Cinci to stay in the neighborhood of #1. At this point, It can be said that Vika has a 900 point advantage going into the USO.

ARad can creep into the #1 Rank picture by doing well at Montreal, Cinci and New Haven.

Neither Vika, ARad nor Pova have much to defend at the USO. If Pova can stay in the picture, the USO could be an exciting race to see who is #1 going into Asia.

pedropt
Aug 8th, 2012, 01:25 AM
^ Azarenka is not playing Cincinnati ;)

Stonerpova
Aug 8th, 2012, 01:27 AM

Excellent. We don't want her :lol:

gc-spurs
Aug 8th, 2012, 10:22 AM

No Urnz for Azza!

fanofmaria
Aug 8th, 2012, 01:04 PM
I personally don't like Maria playing this week. I think she needs down time to be fresh for the USO. I want a Chillpova week for her....;)

Advantage Me
Aug 8th, 2012, 01:08 PM
It used to be Vika, Maria and Petra in the race. Poor Petra is now lagging behind.

Mr.Sharapova
Aug 8th, 2012, 01:19 PM
Petra will be left even more behind for the next three or four months :tape: US tournaments are up next :lol:.

Shivank17
Aug 8th, 2012, 01:22 PM
Then she will probably turn GOAT in the indoor tourneys again :lol: I like Petra as a player, but boy when she's off. :tape: I really hope we have a top 4 like Maria, Vika, Rena and Petra, would be perfect.

Crux Squall
Aug 8th, 2012, 03:18 PM
From twitter: Sharapova has
cancelled her practice on Centre court at 11am.
#CoupeRogers

AniaSharapova
Aug 8th, 2012, 03:20 PM
I personally don't like Maria playing this week. I think she needs down time to be fresh for the USO. I want a Chillpova week for her....;)

When I found out that she'll be playing in Montreal in this week I thought the same but on the other hand she's smart and experienced player. Also she has great team around her. I'm sure they know what they're doing. She doesn't play for money or points and she's not type of person who someone could forced to play so I think that she's feeling enough good to give all fight and best in Montreal.

jameshazza
Aug 8th, 2012, 03:40 PM
Maybe a couple of weeks of solid practice before the USO would be better? That's assuming she has a deep run here. If she doesn't we'll see her in Cinci.

MM_1257
Aug 8th, 2012, 04:15 PM
Maria out of Rogers Cup. Check twitter. Told ya so.
Sharapova had to withdraw because of a very bad stomach virus which has been bothering her since her stay in London.
Not sure if I believe the virus thing..

SilverSlam
Aug 8th, 2012, 04:22 PM

Not for long, I'd go to the airport and wait for her to leave :devil:

Everybody's gotta leave sometime.

karub
Aug 8th, 2012, 04:24 PM
Maria Sharapova has withdrawn from Rogers Cup because of a stomach virus via @Rogers Cup twitter.

MM_1257
Aug 8th, 2012, 04:24 PM
I just attacked Matt Cronin on twitter, I am not normal. LOL

masha122
Aug 8th, 2012, 04:27 PM
Matt Cronin Matt Cronin ‏@TennisReporters

Sharapova out of Montreal w/ "very bad stomach virus" got in London. She's told me everytime she plays in or 4 Russia gets sick.Again

i think it might be true cause she looked pale in those practice pics ; or she isn't feeling good and just want to get away with an excuse ; she need to rest i guess i want her to be fresh for the us open

Mr.Sharapova
Aug 8th, 2012, 04:28 PM
She withdrew :facepalm:. Fuck this, have fun getting another beatdown in Cincinnati Maria :sobbing:.

MM_1257
Aug 8th, 2012, 04:32 PM
i think it might be true cause she looked pale in those practice pics ; or she isn't feeling good and just want to get away with an excuse ; she need to rest i guess i want her to be fresh for the us open

You think she'd go to the media pressers if she was ill yesterday?? She is not ill since London... If she got ill, it was in Montreal.

Trih
Aug 8th, 2012, 04:37 PM
Whoa :[ I just came back home and saw the news. I don't think she would go in Montreal if she really was ill since London, seems more like an excuse to rest after OG. :p

masha122
Aug 8th, 2012, 04:37 PM
You think she'd go to the media pressers if she was ill yesterday?? She is not ill since London... If she got ill, it was in Montreal.

yes may be , i think she just wants to get away from this tourney :rolleyes:

masha122
Aug 8th, 2012, 04:40 PM
Matt Cronin ‏@TennisReporters

Not excuse 4 being smoked by Serena but Sharapova camps says Maria got stomach virus night before Olympic final. Is very weak.

Marilyn Monheaux
Aug 8th, 2012, 04:44 PM
Dunno if I believe the stomach virus thing...
Does she still get a (permanent) zero pointer for withdrawing a day before her match?

ETA: Poor Craig. :awww: :hug:

MM_1257
Aug 8th, 2012, 04:46 PM
‏@TennisReporters
Not excuse 4 being smoked by Serena but Sharapova camps says Maria got stomach virus night before Olympic final. Is very weak.
Yeah right... And the next night she went out to eat in a restaurant... Please... Maria PR be more smart.

gc-spurs
Aug 8th, 2012, 04:46 PM
Gear up for Cincy. I reckon she would've pulled up to Canada seeing how she felt, but would have pulled out much easier than if she hadn't just come off a harrowing week in London.

AniaSharapova
Aug 8th, 2012, 04:47 PM
Whoa :[ I just came back home and saw the news. I don't think she would go in Montreal if she really was ill since London, seems more like an excuse to rest after OG. :p

Agree. I think that stomach virus is just excuse to rest. She came to Montreal to check out how she feels during training and probably decided that she's not ready for next tournament. Good decision IMO.

Trih
Anyway even if I'm not happy about a withdraw, I think it's better for her to not play matches so soon after a long travel and having to adapt from cold in London to a very hot northamerican summer. That was a thing also the commentators said during the finals; they were not surprised of Federer and some others withdraw from Toronto.
I'm just very sad because I don't get to see Maria play until USO because I'll be away from 14 to 29 and I'll miss Cincy too. :sad:
But they know better about what's best for her, so all I wish is for her to stay ok and be prepared for New York. :)

gc-spurs
Dunno if I believe the stomach virus thing...
Does she still get a (permanent) zero pointer for withdrawing a day before her match?

ETA: Poor Craig. :awww: :hug:

Stomach virus is a good one to pull cause what they gonna do, watch you shit?

Trih
Aug 8th, 2012, 04:48 PM
Yeah right... And the next night she went out to eat in a restaurant... Please... Maria PR be more smart.
Their PR not being smart is good for us imho... it leaves us with a lot of doubts about the virus being real, and that's a relief. :lol:
Agree. I think that stomach virus is just excuse to rest. She came to Montreal to check out how she feels during training and probably decided that she's not ready for next tournament. Good decision IMO.
MTE. :angel:

MM_1257
Aug 8th, 2012, 04:49 PM
Stomach virus is a good one to pull cause what they gonna do, watch you shit?

MTE... The excuse people usually used in school when they skipped classes. :p

Marilyn Monheaux
Gear up for Cincy. I reckon she would've pulled up to Canada seeing how she felt, but would have pulled out much easier than if she hadn't just come off a harrowing week in London.

The only reason why she even made it to Canada was to collect the appearance fee... :p

Mistress of Evil
Gosh, so she is actually sick. :crying2: Shall your Cincinnati GOATness, next week babe? :bounce:

Trih
Aug 8th, 2012, 04:50 PM
And poor Craig too! :[ :tears:

gc-spurs
Aug 8th, 2012, 04:54 PM
MTE... The excuse people usually used in school when they skipped classes. :p

Used it to get out of work to play sport a few times myself. They can't tell looking at you and they won't ask you questions about shitting.

MM_1257
Aug 8th, 2012, 05:00 PM
The only reason why she even made it to Canada was to collect the appearance fee... :p

:angel:
Smart... :drool: http://i46.tinypic.com/14j9f8j.jpg

Trih
Aug 8th, 2012, 05:01 PM
Watching DelPo in Toronto and he doesn't really look in form too... I guess we won't see a great Rogers Cup by who went deep in the OG...

gc-spurs
Aug 8th, 2012, 05:03 PM
Pseudo Maria ‏@PseudoMaria
I'm sorry I had to withdraw from the Rogers Cup. My stomach has been having problems since I ate that bagel Serena served me in the finals.

Trih
Aug 8th, 2012, 05:04 PM
Watching DelPo in Toronto and he doesn't really look in form too... I guess we won't see a great Rogers Cup by who went deep in the OG...

Aaaaaaaaaaaand he just lost in 2 sets to Stepanek. :rolleyes:

I'm somehow more and more comforted by the fact that Maria withdrew. :p

gc-spurs
Aug 8th, 2012, 05:04 PM
Also, its good for us so we can focus on Olympic viewing. Slash I don't care atm cause I'm still so cut up about the hockey.

jameshazza
Aug 8th, 2012, 05:05 PM
Well she was going to withdraw from one right?

Stonerpova
Aug 8th, 2012, 05:06 PM
At least she'll still play Cincy :cheer:

Which means I'm buying my tix today :lol:

Shivank17
Aug 8th, 2012, 05:08 PM
Kinda expected. :lol: Good, she needs rest anyway.

Poor Craig. :hug:

perseus2006
Aug 8th, 2012, 05:47 PM
Well, Damn.

Change the title to Cinci and lets keep going!

Kon.
Aug 8th, 2012, 05:49 PM
She probably did what's the best for her.
Get some rest Maria.

Craigster :hug: Go stalk her at the airport :lol:

**mashafierce**
Aug 8th, 2012, 06:08 PM
Yes I am actually happy for the withdrawal

pedropt
Aug 8th, 2012, 06:26 PM
Rest up girl! :hug:

C. Drone
Aug 8th, 2012, 07:00 PM
Matt Cronin ‏@TennisReporters

Cronin loves twisting words. He cant do much else anyway.

:hug: who had tickets.

zigga
Aug 8th, 2012, 08:39 PM
Now she'll have a well deserved rest :)
On to Cincy :cheer:

heelsrule1988
Aug 8th, 2012, 08:42 PM
^ That's why I'm actually not too bummed out about this. It stinks that she's sick, of course... but this will give Maria a crucial week of rest that she needs leading up to the US Open.

Craig.
Aug 8th, 2012, 08:48 PM
Fuck this shit.

AniaSharapova
Aug 8th, 2012, 09:01 PM
Cincy is already in next week so It won't be long break for Maria and for us :)

Cherry.
Aug 8th, 2012, 09:11 PM
Fuck this shit.:hug:

Kitten63
Aug 8th, 2012, 10:32 PM
She needs the rest so good decision.

Craig :hug:

Mr.Sharapova
Aug 8th, 2012, 10:59 PM
Maria has always performed well at Cincy so a Maria-Rena match there would be good for her ahead of the USO me thinks :oh:.

Andy.
Aug 8th, 2012, 11:39 PM
Stomach Virus LOL ;) Craig :awww::hug:

JamieOwen3
Aug 8th, 2012, 11:40 PM
She caught Serenitus :sobbing:

nelsondan
Aug 9th, 2012, 12:39 AM
This must seem hopelessly naive and idiotic of me, but I am seriously considering taking her at her word. She has been all out since before Germany. I think it will take at least ten days to completely recover and seem like herself.

Break My Rapture
Aug 9th, 2012, 01:14 AM
Fuck this shit.
:sad: :hug:

Don't you just hate that feeling when you're looking forward to something, and then it gets delayed or will never happen? It happens to me ALL THE TIME. :o

Craig.
Aug 9th, 2012, 01:20 AM
:sad: :hug:

Don't you just hate that feeling when you're looking forward to something, and then it gets delayed or will never happen? It happens to me ALL THE TIME. :o

THAT'S EXACTLY IT.

I envisioned myself there, I mentally prepared myself for it (her coming on court, the cheers, the shrieks, the fistpumps, the standing O at the end, me yelling out "I LOVE YOU MARIA", all of it). I've had the busiest, most exhausting week, but the entire time I was like: It's okay, it'll all be worth it at the end cuz you'll see Maria, just think about that. And what ends up happening? She withdraws. I SO didn't see it coming too. I checked the Rogers Cup website during my break at work today and when I read the news, my heart just sank. I literally just sat there for like an hour on the verge of tears :lol: OMG I'm such a drama queen. Anyways!

MM_1257
Aug 9th, 2012, 01:23 AM
Craig :hug: - happened to me the same this year when I wanted to go to a basketball Euroleague match but then I ended stuck at work and had to miss it...

Break My Rapture
Aug 9th, 2012, 01:25 AM
THAT'S EXACTLY IT.

I envisioned myself there, I mentally prepared myself for it (her coming on court, the cheers, the shrieks, the fistpumps, the standing O at the end, me yelling out "I LOVE YOU MARIA", all of it). I've had the busiest, most exhausting week, but the entire time I was like: It's okay, it'll all be worth it at the end cuz you'll see Maria, just think about that. And what ends up happening? She withdraws. I SO didn't see it coming too. I checked the Rogers Cup website during my break at work today and when I read the news, my heart just sank. I literally just sat there for like an hour on the verge of tears :lol: OMG I'm such a drama queen. Anyways!
I know exactly how you feel. The envisioning and preparing etc. I haven't had it with sports and that stuff but like so many other things.

Reptilia
Aug 9th, 2012, 02:14 AM
Bummer!

perseus2006
Aug 9th, 2012, 03:12 AM
Craig, any chance you can get to Cinci? Cinci as a city has absolutely nothing to compare to Montreal, but perhaps you can see Pova there. She's got to cover some of those 2011 points...

domon17th
Aug 9th, 2012, 03:52 AM
THAT'S EXACTLY IT.

:hug:

Honestly not too surprised and sad that she's not playing. Smart decision IMO.

gc-spurs
Aug 9th, 2012, 06:00 AM
THAT'S EXACTLY IT.

Australian open 2010. Biggest bummer ever. Flew from nz less than 20hrs after flying from Philippines. Got home from the airport after Philippines, saw sets2 and 3. Rage.

You'll still have fun and it will be totes awesome when it does happen.

Mistress of Evil
Aug 9th, 2012, 06:37 AM
Ugh, someone wrote that she even went to the hospital. :o Hopefully, it is something that goes away quickly and she recovers as soon as possible. :awww:

Valkyre
Aug 9th, 2012, 08:05 AM
I wish Maria to get well soon and be ready for Cinci and USO.

MM_1257
Aug 9th, 2012, 09:45 AM
Ugh, someone wrote that she even went to the hospital. :o Hopefully, it is something that goes away quickly and she recovers as soon as possible. :awww:

Where??

Chrissie-fan
Aug 9th, 2012, 09:45 AM
Cronin loves twisting words. He cant do much else anyway.

He once had an "exclusive interview with Caro" that never actually happened. Cronin is basically a nobody who pretends to be a somebody. He's a bit like Bodo really.

Chrissie-fan
Aug 9th, 2012, 09:47 AM

:awww: :hug:

Trih
Aug 9th, 2012, 09:47 AM
He once had an "exclusive interview with Caro" that never actually happened. Cronin is basically a nobody who pretends to be a somebody. He's a bit like Bodo really.

Lol really? And I thought he was well informed, following his tweets...

Queenpova
Aug 9th, 2012, 10:12 AM
I'd love for Aga to become #1. Let the bashing begin :oh:

Chrissie-fan
Aug 9th, 2012, 10:18 AM
From the Caro forum. See from posts 1493 to 1500. ;)

http://www.tennisforum.com/showthread.php?t=347308&highlight=matt+cronin&page=100

MM_1257
Aug 9th, 2012, 10:27 AM

:eek::eek::eek: Really?? And yet I talk all sorts of things with him and rely on his info. :eek:

Chrissie-fan
Aug 9th, 2012, 10:29 AM
:eek::eek::eek: Really?? And yet I talk all sorts of things with him and rely on his info. :eek:
Well, perhaps Caro fans are just suspicious of him because he's always so negative about her. That would make her talking to him pretty unlikely.

Trih
Aug 9th, 2012, 10:30 AM
Now I just wonder if Maria *ACTUALLY* "told" him about her virus, or he just read it on someone else's interview? :rolleyes:

gc-spurs
Aug 9th, 2012, 10:37 AM
Well, perhaps Caro fans are just suspicious of him because he's always so negative about her. That would make her talking to him pretty unlikely.

Yeah he is pretty critical of Caro. I never really notice cause I'm not a fan of hers, but if you were he'd be pretty fucking annoying.

I for one don't mind him. He's kind of easy on Maria and tweets good press conference quotes.

MM_1257
Aug 9th, 2012, 10:38 AM
Now we can start wondering everything we read... We can ask ourselves also the question if Maria really exists or is just a hologram projection of cosmic forces. :lol: :p
Myles has quote from Masha:
Hereís what she had to say in a just-completed conference call (presumably from her downtown hotel). "Itís unfortunate I had to withdraw late this morning, from the stomach illness Iíve had the last couple of days. I came to Montreal hoping I would recover but this morning I was still not very well, so was not able to practice, which is not the best preparation in order to compete tomorrow. Itís very unfortunate. I was very much looking forward to playing here in front of my fans, but thereís always a next time and I hope that time will come soon."
About it being related to the short turnaround after the Olympics.
"In my particular situation I think it was just a coincidence. Obviously if my stomach was healthy enough to play I was already here, ready to play. Itís a very quick turnaround after very big events in the last couple of months, for all of us. We want to have the best preparation we can for the U.S. Open. This is a very important tournament for us. I was here, ready to play the tournament. You just have to make the best decision for your body."
Is there anything that could have been done with the schedule?
"I think this year we didnít have much choice. Itís once in four years that we have the Olympics, itís one of those things. We have so many events during the year already, but of course we all want to be part of the Olympics as well. Everyoneís situation is different. But I donít think anything could have been done in terms of scheduling. I havenít had something like this since I can remember, so for me itís something different. I was hoping I would recover faster than I did, but Iím certainly not ready to compete yet. Itís just a matter of a few days, just obviously I would have to start the tournament (Thursday), and for this particular tournamen Iím just not ready.I started feeling it a few days ago,. I felt something the day before (the Olympic gold-medal match against Serena Williams), but it wasnít as bad as itís been the last couple of days.Ē

Trih
Aug 9th, 2012, 10:41 AM
Yeah it's what is written in her website in the article about her withdrawal, at least we can rely on that :lol:

MM_1257
Aug 9th, 2012, 10:47 AM
Yeah it's what is written in her website in the article about her withdrawal, at least we can rely on that :lol:

No we can't. TeamPova could be lying aswell. :p ;) :p :lol: You know, like they are about certain things. *cough cough* :angel:
The site still has "Olympics 2012 - Representing Russia" on it... Or is my browser having an old version of the site??

Chrissie-fan
Aug 9th, 2012, 11:07 AM
Yeah he is pretty critical of Caro. I never really notice cause I'm not a fan of hers, but if you were he'd be pretty fucking annoying.

I for one don't mind him. He's kind of easy on Maria and tweets good press conference quotes.
Well, at the end of the day I guess it doesn't really matter where he gets his info from as long as it's reliable. ;)

Queenpova
Aug 9th, 2012, 11:35 AM
chrissie-fan is so nice but my dislike for Caro comes from:

A) Her game style. Very unappealing, has no variety, just push push push.
B) Her personality: tries too hard, reminds me of those 11 year old kids who do things thinking they're funny but fail miserably (example: the balloon thing with maria, the nadal press conference parody)
C) Her on court behavior: her match against Kanepi in RG where she was extremly rude to the umpire "Have you gone to school??", her ridiculous argument in Miami in match point :spit: "LET HAAAR CHALLENGEEEEEEE" and more I cant remember right now. Off court she tries to be miss sunshine but her true colors come out on court

Break My Rapture
Aug 9th, 2012, 12:10 PM
I for some reason cannot remember, but why didn't Maria play Montrťal in 2010? Was it after Cincy?

RenaPova
Aug 9th, 2012, 12:13 PM
I for some reason cannot remember, but why didn't Maria play Montrťal in 2010? Was it after Cincy?

I think it was after Cincinnati that year and I think got an ankle or heel injury or something similar during Cincinnati, I don't remember very well myself either though so I may be wrong.

Chrissie-fan
Aug 9th, 2012, 12:17 PM

B) Her personality: tries too hard, reminds me of those 11 year old kids who do things thinking they're funny but fail miserably (example: the balloon thing with maria, the nadal press conference parody)
C) Her on court behavior: her match against Kanepi in RG where she was extremly rude to the umpire "Have you gone to school??", her ridiculous argument in Miami in match point :spit: "LET HAAAR CHALLENGEEEEEEE" and more I cant remember right now. Off court she tries to be miss sunshine but her true colors come out on court
Well, I can't really comment on this since some (understandably) object to the fact that there's been so much Caro talk here lately, and I guess that I'm the main reason for that. But I don't think that it's very likely that we'll change each others minds anyway, so let's just agree to disagree. :)

Break My Rapture
Aug 9th, 2012, 12:34 PM
I think it was after Cincinnati that year and I think got an ankle or heel injury or something similar during Cincinnati, I don't remember very well myself either though so I may be wrong.
Right! She hurt her foot in that 3rd set that should have never happened against Kim in the Cincy final. Probs also mentally drained from losing that.

RenaPova
Aug 9th, 2012, 12:35 PM
Right! She hurt her foot in that 3rd set that should have never happened against Kim the Devil in the Cincy final. Probs also mentally drained from losing that.

That match. :o

I'm just glad she got her revenge at the Olympics. :angel:

cautiouslip
Aug 9th, 2012, 12:41 PM

reading that made me :lol:

But I agree with all of this. I was just watching highlights of her Match against Sharapova at US open 2010 and I gather that this was around about her peak and the points are just so boring to watch! Maria having to hit a hundred winners to win a point but Caro giving nothing in return

MM_1257
Aug 9th, 2012, 12:43 PM
This is not Caro thread... Go to OT thread to tell why you like/dislike Caro. :sobbing:

perseus2006
Aug 9th, 2012, 01:27 PM
Queenpova,

You have a serious personality disorder. You are worse than abesky. I wish you would go whereever he went and support Rodionova or whatever:

1. You never make a positive post about any player, poster or thing.

2. Your hate-mongering threads and posts on GM drag down the reputation of the entire Pova fan base and give good reason for some to revile it.

3. Your posts are trite, unoriginal regurgitations of what other hate-mongering posters have previously written.

I so wish you would just go away.

Queenpova
Aug 9th, 2012, 01:51 PM
Queenpova,

You have a serious personality disorder. You are worse than abesky. I wish you would go whereever he went and support Rodionova or whatever:

1. You never make a positive post about any player, poster or thing.

2. Your hate-mongering threads and posts on GM drag down the reputation of the entire Pova fan base and give good reason for some to revile it.

3. Your posts are trite, unoriginal regurgitations of what other hate-mongering posters have previously written.

I so wish you would just go away.
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ltnehx1t6U1r4ghkoo1_500.gif

Dont address me again, I dont use haters like you. Please I'll give you 15 dollars so you can get a life and stop stalking me.

Mistress of Evil
Aug 9th, 2012, 02:45 PM
Bitch, you are the one who needs OUT. Intentional or unintentional I don't care you are pathetic in both cases so make yourself disappear. Weren't you not showing your face till US OPEN so get out!

Queenpova
Aug 9th, 2012, 02:47 PM
Bitch, you are the one who needs OUT. Intentional or unintentional I don't care you are pathetic in both cases so make yourself disappear. Weren't you not showing your face till US OPEN so get out!

Why are Maria haters so obsessed with me. :confused:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v492/coconutsodas/anime/2dbvsz6.gif

lefty24
Aug 9th, 2012, 04:14 PM
Why are Maria haters so obsessed with me. :confused:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v492/coconutsodas/anime/2dbvsz6.gif

We're not obsessed with you, you're just extremely annoying and irrational and you give us a bad name.

WowWow
Aug 9th, 2012, 07:14 PM
I don't think Queenpova gives Maria fans a bad name. Some other users do. From what I've seen Queenpova is not disrespectful of other players* (I could be wrong here, I don't read everything to be honest).

*I'm not counting Radwanska, though lol

Trih
Aug 9th, 2012, 07:24 PM
It's not because he's disrispectful of other players but because of his posts towards Maria on GM. The fact is, I'm still not sure if trolling or what :lol:

WowWow
Aug 9th, 2012, 07:41 PM
It's not because he's disrispectful of other players but because of his posts towards Maria on GM. The fact is, I'm still not sure if trolling or what :lol:

what do you mean?

Trih
Aug 9th, 2012, 07:45 PM
Some of his posts about Maria on GM, where he's more making the haters happy and making the other fans hate us all. :p
I can't tell if he wants to troll them, or rather being serious and trying too hard supporting Masha. :shrug:

WowWow
Aug 9th, 2012, 08:04 PM
Some of his posts about Maria on GM, where he's more making the haters happy and making the other fans hate us all. :p
I can't tell if he wants to troll them, or rather being serious and trying too hard supporting Masha. :shrug:

I just see him as a hard core Maria fan. The trolling can be cute sometimes. I thought his gifs during the Olympics matches were hilarious. I don't know. You could be right, though.
I'm not that engaged in those fights on GM to know the whole truth lol
I don't think Queenpova is the reason other fans hate Maria's fans.
There are other Maria stans on here that are way more annoying than him, that much I know.

MM_1257
Aug 9th, 2012, 08:32 PM
Why is this now a war between Maria fans? :sobbing:

Trih
Aug 9th, 2012, 08:56 PM
It's not a war from me :lol: it's just Queenpova sometimes goes too far on GM imho :p but it's not that bad, don't worry.
People who really really ruin us with some stupid posts, don't even post on SS. :shrug:
It's all fine. :angel:

WowWow
Aug 9th, 2012, 08:59 PM
It's not a war from me :lol: it's just Queenpova sometimes goes too far on GM imho :p but it's not that bad, don't worry.
People who really really ruin us with some stupid posts, don't even post on SS. :shrug:
It's all fine. :angel:

:yeah:

Queenpova
Aug 9th, 2012, 09:11 PM
We're not obsessed with you, you're just extremely annoying and irrational and you give us a bad name.

LMAO. Bitch, you like Justin Bieber & Miley Cyrus, NEVER judge anyone please. You give a horrible name to yourself. And wait a moment, arent the people who wished death/injuries on serena the ones who make Maria's fan base look bad (AND YOU WERE ONE OF THOSE, THE IRONY!).

Why do people even care about me? people who have a life sure dont.

95% of the reps I get are positive, must say something.

Mr.Sharapova
Aug 9th, 2012, 09:35 PM
Why does everybody hate on Queenpova :awww:, he is a troll but a good one :awww:. I find him funny :yeah:.

Mr.Sharapova
Aug 9th, 2012, 09:36 PM
Why is this now a war between Maria fans? :sobbing:

Drama Queen alert :baby:

JamieOwen3
Aug 9th, 2012, 09:47 PM
You should all take a valume :lol: That's big coming from moi :p

Queenpova
Aug 9th, 2012, 10:09 PM
stupid rain! i wanted to see vika-paszek.

Trih
Aug 9th, 2012, 10:13 PM
I couldn't see Vika-Paszek anyway (ES was going to show it tomorrow morning) but I was curious to see Eugenie Bouchard...

Queenpova
Aug 9th, 2012, 10:15 PM
I couldn't see Vika-Paszek anyway (ES was going to show it tomorrow morning) but I was curious to see Eugenie Bouchard...

Are they still? sounds good to me.

Nevermind, they wont even get to play probably

Trih
Aug 9th, 2012, 10:18 PM
ES said they are coming back with an update on weather in 12 minutes, if it's still raining they will do another at 1AM. If it's raining again they'll give up. :lol:

MM_1257
Aug 9th, 2012, 10:36 PM
Drama Queen alert :baby:

Yes, and proud of it! :p:o

Trih
Aug 9th, 2012, 10:40 PM
In Montreal it's raining nonstop, no chance to see tennis tonight.

Craig.
Aug 9th, 2012, 10:46 PM
Don't expect to see any tennis tonight guys, it's raining ridiculously here at the moment.

Shivank17
Aug 10th, 2012, 05:00 AM
Well, so the pull out decision turned out to be a good one at the end of the day. :lol: As much as I wanted to watch her since I have an extended weekend but well nevermind, on wards to Cincinnati!

gc-spurs
Aug 10th, 2012, 07:43 AM
You should all take a valume :lol: That's big coming from moi :p

Omg you mean Valium.

Pretty sure you just Sugarcoded

Valkyre
Aug 10th, 2012, 07:46 AM
Was waiting to watch djoker and that stupid rain effed up everything... Bah! lost 3 hours of perfect sleep for nothing...

JamieOwen3
Aug 10th, 2012, 08:52 AM
Maria umm on your US Open run in a few weeks

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m8edpnx0RD1rn9edb.gif

Reverse psychoshit.

Trih
Aug 10th, 2012, 09:23 AM
Omg you mean Valium.

I'd say Sugarcoded & Quarterzoned! :lol:

gc-spurs
Aug 10th, 2012, 09:27 AM
Hahaha that's right! Famous SS derps.

JamieOwen3
Aug 10th, 2012, 10:06 AM
:p Yes u knew what I meant I just crossed the words Valium and Volume :lol: I still stand by that valium

Andy.
Aug 10th, 2012, 10:19 AM

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lm5v2uzZQ01qewmu6o1_r2_500.gif

:lol:

Shivank17
Aug 10th, 2012, 10:28 AM

gc-spurs
Aug 10th, 2012, 11:25 AM
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lm5v2uzZQ01qewmu6o1_r2_500.gif

You!

Mistress of Evil
Aug 10th, 2012, 11:54 AM
Omg you mean Valium.

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m4vd93A91F1r3zat8.gif

domon17th
Aug 11th, 2012, 05:15 AM
Omg you mean Valium.

:sobbing:

'You must spread some Reputation around before giving back to gc-spurs again'

WowWow
Aug 11th, 2012, 08:07 AM
I don't think Queenpova gives Maria fans a bad name. Some other users do. From what I've seen Queenpova is not disrespectful of other players* (I could be wrong here, I don't read everything to be honest).

*I'm not counting Radwanska, though lol

Yup. I was wrong.

lefty24
Aug 12th, 2012, 12:59 AM
LMAO. Bitch, you like Justin Bieber & Miley Cyrus, NEVER judge anyone please. You give a horrible name to yourself. And wait a moment, arent the people who wished death/injuries on serena the ones who make Maria's fan base look bad (AND YOU WERE ONE OF THOSE, THE IRONY!).

Why do people even care about me? people who have a life sure dont.

95% of the reps I get are positive, must say something.
I never said you were the only one that made Maria fans look bad.

I did not comment once in the live scoring thread during the final. Please show me the post where I wished Serena would get injured.

and I have no shame in loving Miley and Justin. Miley helped me through a lot of tough stuff in my life and I love her fashion sense.

and Bieber has some good songs. :shrug:

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m4vd93A91F1r3zat8.gif

I don't think you'll ever live that down. :lol:

And I love that gif. :hearts:

Shivank17
Aug 12th, 2012, 08:27 AM
How does liking someone reflect who you are?! Queenpova :facepalm: :o

Mrs. Dimitrova
Aug 12th, 2012, 08:52 AM
Lefty :hug:

Marilyn Monheaux
Aug 12th, 2012, 09:23 AM
Lefty > Queenpova

Trih
Aug 12th, 2012, 09:27 AM
Admins should change his nickname in Trollpova. :angel:

MM_1257
Aug 12th, 2012, 11:59 AM
This forum is a mess... And stop attacking Lefty on personal level, she can like/listen to whoever she wants.

Queenpova
Aug 12th, 2012, 12:03 PM
Admins should change his nickname in Trollpova. :angel:

Why are you so obsessed? :facepalm:

Again, I dont attack anyone unless they attack me first.

Trih
Aug 12th, 2012, 12:17 PM
Why are you so obsessed? :facepalm:

Again, I dont attack anyone unless they attack me first.

I'm not obsessed :lol: but reading you on GM doesn't leave many doubts, honestly I never know when to take you seriously or not. :shrug:

JamieOwen3
Aug 12th, 2012, 12:18 PM
Anyone else watch TEEN WOLF?

Queenpova
Aug 12th, 2012, 12:26 PM
I'm not obsessed :lol: but reading you on GM doesn't leave many doubts, honestly I never know when to take you seriously or not. :shrug:

Post receipts of my trolling.

Trih
Aug 12th, 2012, 12:37 PM
I have to link your posts from 10 mins ago? :o