PDA

View Full Version : Another Europe Travel Thread

shap_half
Jul 27th, 2012, 11:01 PM
Hello, friends.

So it's looking like I'll be headed to Madrid in the end of August (to cover an event for work). However, I'm doing a freelance project that ends on the 17th so I'm looking into arranging to leave for Europe that very night and just hanging out until I need to be in Madrid on the 30th. So I'm just trying to figure out where to go. I was thinking of heading up to the northern territories of Spain, aka the Basque country. I'm also thinking about heading to Porto, as I've never been, and I love Portugal. But I'm open to all sorts of ideas so please do chime in. I probably wouldn't want to do more than 2 separate destinations as I'll only have less than two weeks. Three if it's an easy transfer.

Just looking for some ideas and suggestions.

Thanks!

Sam L
Jul 30th, 2012, 06:07 AM
Hello, friends.

So it's looking like I'll be headed to Madrid in the end of August (to cover an event for work). However, I'm doing a freelance project that ends on the 17th so I'm looking into arranging to leave for Europe that very night and just hanging out until I need to be in Madrid on the 30th. So I'm just trying to figure out where to go. I was thinking of heading up to the northern territories of Spain, aka the Basque country. I'm also thinking about heading to Porto, as I've never been, and I love Portugal. But I'm open to all sorts of ideas so please do chime in. I probably wouldn't want to do more than 2 separate destinations as I'll only have less than two weeks. Three if it's an easy transfer.

Just looking for some ideas and suggestions.

Thanks!

Sorry can't help you there but bump. I've always wanted to go to Northern Spain also and Madrid.

BTW, I've sent you a PM.

LoveFifteen
Jul 30th, 2012, 05:01 PM
I've been to Basque Country. San Sebastian is a really nice town. It's on the coast, and Spain should be really hot in August. You'll be able to swim and enjoy the beach. The view of the water from the hills is quite impressive. Also, they have good food there and fancy restaurants there. Bilbao is very close which has cultural worth, but it's not the most beautiful city ever.

If you head to Porto instead, you could stop in Salamanca on the way. It's not my fave city in Spain, but it has a lot of history and some interesting architecture.

Just considering that the weather might be extremely hot, I would prefer to go north of Madrid and get near the sea.

best of luck!

shap_half
Jul 30th, 2012, 05:29 PM
Thanks everyone. Now I'm considering Budapest, too!