PDA

View Full Version : Mirjana: 2012 American summer

Pages : [1] 2 3

ajmo!
Jul 22nd, 2012, 04:21 PM
Time for new thread, I believe.
So Mirjana will start with Citi Open, probably MD since she's now 1st or 2nd alt.
Then Montreal and probably Western & Southern Open.

mikireturns
Jul 22nd, 2012, 05:27 PM
Thanks for the new thread, Ajmo.

I am glad La Mikica entered qualifying for CITI, because we have all seen how well being 1 spot outside the main draw has totally f'ed her schedule this year.

WhatTheDeuce
Jul 23rd, 2012, 10:21 PM
Montreal :hearts: Can't wait! Will she be an MD entry there or Q?

ajmo!
Jul 24th, 2012, 09:19 AM
She is far way from MD, 50+ in alts so I don't see it happening. But who knows with Olympic Games. She entered QD.

mikireturns
Jul 24th, 2012, 05:17 PM
She is far way from MD, 50+ in alts so I don't see it happening. But who knows with Olympic Games. She entered QD.

Canadian Open always gets a strong field. With Miki is Qs, WTD will likely be able to attend weekend qualifying rounds for free or a very minimal fee, and ~ALSO~ see Miki play when she fights her way to the main draw ;)

I'm eager to see what sort of focus and drive Miki brings to the courts after her big breakthrough at Wimby and then a full month off from singles competition!

Let's hope she returns fresher and more determined than ever. We now know she can beat the best and play Top 10-level tennis (the poise and stats of the Bartoli win we're SO Top 10), and Miki knows it too.

Get pics galore, WTD, and have fun.

WhatTheDeuce
Jul 24th, 2012, 09:54 PM
Canadian Open always gets a strong field. With Miki is Qs, WTD will likely be able to attend weekend qualifying rounds for free or a very minimal fee, and ~ALSO~ see Miki play when she fights her way to the main draw ;)

Get pics galore, WTD, and have fun.
It's almost even better that she's playing Q, I'll see her really up close for basically nothing, as you said. :hearts: I really hope I can get a picture with her and talk to her a bit, let her know what an inspiration she is. I'm quite excited. http://i51.tinypic.com/11i0ccw.gif

And pics will definitely happen! ;)

DokDi
Jul 25th, 2012, 09:06 AM
Good luck in Citi Open Mirjana! :hearts:

Regards from Macedonia. :cool:

SERVivor
Jul 25th, 2012, 05:28 PM
I'll attend the Citi Open either qualifying or main draw, whichever she plays. I'll get some photos. Qualifying at the CITI costs $20 but whatever it's still worth it. I'll probably wimp out as far as talking to her and getting a photo with her, but I may try. When I attended the U.S. Open qualifying in 2010 when she played Dazekavich( spelling?), she walked right by me to take a bathroom break during the match. After the match, she was surrounded by well wishers.

qwertytx
Jul 25th, 2012, 09:44 PM
I'll attend the Citi Open either qualifying or main draw, whichever she plays. I'll get some photos. Qualifying at the CITI costs $20 but whatever it's still worth it. I'll probably wimp out as far as talking to her and getting a photo with her, but I may try. When I attended the U.S. Open qualifying in 2010 when she played Dazekavich( spelling?), she walked right by me to take a bathroom break during the match. After the match, she was surrounded by well wishers.

I'm sure she would be extremely flattered to know she has fans like you who attended qualifying just to see her. Someone who has struggled like she has would appreciate all the support.

mikireturns
Jul 26th, 2012, 03:08 PM

Miki is not a shy person, but she does not seem to be a person who aggressively draws attention to herself, either. I would say that, at these events, she is demure, friendly, but very focused. A big ol' sweetie-pie, really. I mean, she can be sitting on an aluminum set of bleachers at a 25K event and she can be sitting right behind you with her coach, and you can have a little conversation with her. That is much more difficult at the bigger WTA events, where the players are obliged to hustle off the courts after their matches and into areas designated for their use alone.

At the Challenger events, you can literally lean over the fence and say, "Well done, Mirjana!" and she will stop to say hello for a minute. Gosh, at that Challenger in Ft. Walton a few years ago, any fan could waltz into the club and look at the draw board, and ... There's Miki looking at it too. That occurred with me, just after she had beaten Begu, and I stood next to her for a bit, told her what a good job she had done in the match, and she laughed her little laugh and said, "Thanks. It felt really good, especially because she killed me two weeks ago."

We passed a few other remarks, but I didn't hang around; I thought it odd that just anyone could have such close clubhouse access to the players (but I emphasize again ... That was awful Ft. Walton Beach's club).

Best thing is to get there early and watch the practice courts -- you'll see Miki and, if you smile and offer her polite well wishes, she will respond ~after~ her practice routine. She will take a photo with you, if the timing is appropriate. If she wins, she will be very happy and will appreciate fan support, big time. So many of these players have got great attitudes. For example, you can't help cheering for Olga Savchuk, she's so funny and full of grit on the court, and she notices who cheers for her. She will come up to YOU after a match and crack jokes.

Have fun, both of you. For $20, you'll see some great tennis and competition up close. If Miki is in form, you'll be mightily impressed by her game and power, I assure you. :lick:

qwertytx
Jul 26th, 2012, 11:13 PM
Lucic not it Citi Q

mikireturns
Jul 27th, 2012, 12:13 AM
Lucic not it Citi Q

Most unquestionably she made the main draw. With MD play at this event beginning on Sunday, there were still a couple of players in Baku, set for the semifinals. There's no way they could guarantee a turnaround.

This field is like some 75Ks we've seen. Hope Miki is hungry. Hope her draw is kind, but that's almost a pointless wish.

GL, Miki!

ajmo!
Jul 27th, 2012, 11:25 AM
Still, much stronger than Baku. Cohen in final there.
There are many players that had some great results this year in the draw. Besides already standardly good Barthel, Benesova, King, Oprandi, Pavljucenkova, Scheepers there are also some girls that had big results this year like Oudin(won Brimingham), Davis(R3 in French Open), Coco(final in Stanford).
This will be stronger tournament than it may seem, I feel.

SERVivor
Jul 27th, 2012, 03:28 PM
I already bought my ticket to Sat. session thinking she would play. Maybe I'll see her on the practice court. The tournament website doesn't say anything about qualifying starting today (Friday), but it does say the main draw starts Sunday. I have a feeling most/all of the Sunday matches will be women's matches and that Mirjana will play Sunday or Monday at the latest. I also want to see Paul Henri Mathieu, so I will get a ticket for Sunday, and may do so for Monday. Yikes, this is adding up. LOL.

WhatTheDeuce
Jul 27th, 2012, 04:17 PM
PHM :hearts:

ajmo!
Jul 27th, 2012, 05:24 PM
Mirjana vs. Q
Hope not Rezai or Davis.

croat123
Jul 27th, 2012, 07:18 PM
Good luck!!

ajmo!
Jul 28th, 2012, 07:00 PM
Mirjana not in doubles draw. And it's funny how week it is. :(

Pebbles
Jul 28th, 2012, 07:45 PM
Good luck Miki, do some damage :yeah:

mikireturns
Jul 29th, 2012, 03:01 AM
Miki plays Larcher de Brito, the most horrid and eardrum-perforating screamer in the game.

She plays tomorrow at 2PM EST, on Court 1.

She does not have the consistency or the power to take Miki out if she is prepared and focused.

She may fry Miki's brains with the screams, but ...

GL, Miki! Get some good stuff going. Serve big and wait for your opps.

SERVivor
Jul 29th, 2012, 01:43 PM
I attended the tournament yesterday. Mostly, I watched men's qualifing from the center court and grandstand 1, but around 5 pm I went to the other side of the facility where the practice courts are, as well as grandstand 2 and courts 1 and 2. I saw a bunch of WTA players practicing, but Mirjana was not among them. I guess she practiced earlier in the day. I recognized Barboro Strychova. She actually has a pretty good body. But, I'll digress. Then, I watched the end of the second set on grandstand 2 of Jennifer Elie v. Lauren Davis. I honestly had never heard of Elie before. She was down a set and at it was 2-2 in the second. Davis cramped up and then got broken. I heard later she lost in three sets. Davis didn't look very powerfull, but wasn't very consistent either, at least of what I saw. I thought, how did Mirjana lose to her. But, I think Davis just had a bad day yesterday. I recognized Sesil Karanacheva in the bleachers. I say bleachers because all of the seating, save for the center court, is bleacher type seating, even the two grandstands. Sesil was rooting for Jennifer Elie for some reason, maybe the same coach or something?

Court 1, where Mirjina is playing today, has very limited seating, with just 10 or so rows of bleachers on one side. and no seating on the other side. I will be very close to the action and might wear ear plugs, thanks for the heads up MikiReturns on De Brito. I'll take some photos and post them later.

mikireturns
Jul 29th, 2012, 04:12 PM
Thanks for the report from site! It'll be great to get your impressions of Miki performing "live". I'm eager to see how she's looking, moving, playing.

Can't believe it has been an entire month since she played a singles match!

Hopefully she has been working extra hard to keep her range in practice. She still has a HUGE win on her docket this year, and mentally can do something with that.

Have fun! Wear earplugs indeed. MLDB at full squeal would make Azarenka complain. Most harrowing, point-hindering grunt in tennis, MLDB. But people are sick of those totally unnatural grunts, so maybe the crowd (all 15 or 20 of you?) can give her dirty looks.

Cheer for Miki ... She likes to show her good stuff when she knows someone is really in her corner!

mikireturns
Jul 29th, 2012, 06:33 PM
Oh NO! About to get a breadstick from MLDB.

If she can't see her way to doing damage in a WTA draw this weak, with such an opportunity, one really has to wonder why she has mismanaged her opportunities so badly, when those opportunities arise.

It becomes more and more clear to me that she is not likely to play next year.

Not even being competitive with MLDB on a hard court?

Get it together, Mirjana ... This lack of focus and prep is inexcusable, given your proven grit elsewhere this year against much better players.

mikireturns
Jul 29th, 2012, 06:36 PM
Well, rusty but starting to show some fight. SERVIVOR might get to ride the "Lucic Roller Coaster" in person. Are paramedics handy? ;-D

mikireturns
Jul 29th, 2012, 06:46 PM
HUGE hold to start the set, saving 2 BPs, with 2 aces in the game and 6 overall. This is so winnable, Miki -- sink your teeth into it.

MLDB is not that good and she makes a lot of errors. Go to it and get control of this match. Big serves. Pull her wide. Move forward. Use your opps. Don't RUSH.

mikireturns
Jul 29th, 2012, 06:59 PM
Breaks for 3-1 in the 2nd set. She has found her range and knows she can certainly do this.

"REMEMBER BARTOLI ... YOU ~Are~ THAT GOOD, MIKI!"

Fight and focus and keep your poise!

mikireturns
Jul 29th, 2012, 07:14 PM
13 aces for Miki? Someone has been working on their serve. Keep it up, Miki!

A serve like that will make MLDB think, and those won't be good thoughts.

Go, Miki!

mikireturns
Jul 29th, 2012, 07:16 PM
Get OUT! Match suspended due to heat?

Well, we don't want Miki to fall over, but SHE's got the momentum now!!!!

mikireturns
Jul 29th, 2012, 07:18 PM
Benesova and Chang are still playing on grandstand. Maybe it's just a heat break, according to WTA rules. SERVIVOR, can you shed any light from courtside?

ajmo!
Jul 29th, 2012, 07:24 PM
Normal break, same was last week in Baku.
Hope she wins it.

ajmo!
Jul 29th, 2012, 07:30 PM
2 BP's! Please break!

ajmo!
Jul 29th, 2012, 07:31 PM
Gone. But 3rd is here

ajmo!
Jul 29th, 2012, 07:32 PM
4th

ajmo!
Jul 29th, 2012, 07:34 PM
Musquito saves 4 BPs and leads 2-1 in third

Queenpova
Jul 29th, 2012, 08:51 PM
wtf

http://h8.abload.de/img/yeahcryc662t.gif

WhatTheDeuce
Jul 29th, 2012, 09:12 PM
:sad:

Pebbles
Jul 29th, 2012, 10:49 PM
Such a disappointing result. Her schedule as already mentioned has been questionable, after her successes at Wimbledon you would've thought the last thing she would want to do is not play another tournament for a month. Big opportunity blown here.

mikireturns
Jul 29th, 2012, 11:25 PM
Okay, I've got my little venting about Miki out of my system -- no sense to be down on her entirely.

The fact is, she shook off the rust ring down 1-5 and proceeded to win 10 of the next 14 games, firing 13 aces and taking solid control of the match.

We all know she wasn't bringing that kind of firepower after crappy starts in Australia, Indian Wells, Miami, and other places this year.

She was playing some Bib Babe tennis and had control at her fingertips with 4BPs at 1-1 in the third.

Then she got sulky and foolish -- the old Miki. If only she had shrugged it off and kept her head she would not have finished so embarrassingly.

God, these women are such headcases. All of them.

But if Miki can lose a match firing 13 aces, I have to believe (and she has to believe) she can get her ass in gear.

DUMB DUMB DUMB not to have entered quallies in Carlsbad.

Blown opportunity? Oh, wow ... HUGE stupid loss.

Can she still recover her head? Yes.

But she has to do it fast or I see her pro experience deteriorating in a flash.

Beat yourself up a little and kick some ass in Montreal, Miki. Bonne chance!

SERVivor
Jul 30th, 2012, 01:09 AM
I enjoyed watching Mirjana play today. She looked physically fit - no tape anywhere. Mentally fit? Not so sure, especially in the third set. Here are my notes:

First Set:

Mirjana has trouble extending the rallies past two or three shots without making unforced errors. She quickly falls behind 1-4. Then, she asks to speak with her coach. Good move. The talk doesn't appear to pay immediate dividends. She is broken for 1-5. Lucic makes De Brito play in the next game and is able to get one break back. De Brito leads 5-2. Lucic to serve. Lucic hits a couple of aces and her first serve is good this game. 5-3 De Brito. De Brito to serve. At 40-30, Lucic misses a return of a soft second serve. Set to De Brito.

Second Set:

Lucic to serve first. She looks composed and methodical on serve, not rushing at all. They have a couple of long rallies this game which Lucic wins. Both are hitting with power, but Lucic hits harder.
1-0 Lucic. Lucic has two break points in the next game but doesn't convert. At 15-40 De Brito wins a good rally. At 30-40, Lucic misses the return of serve.
1-1. Lucic is not making De Brito move much. She's hitting hard, but De Brito is usually in position.
15-30. Lucic hits a great drop shot winner. 30-30. She hits another drop shot winner. 40-30. She holds.
2-1 Lucic. De Brito to serve. 30-40. Lucic misses another BP opportunity. Lucic hits another great drop shot unreturnable. Ad. Lucic. Lucic breaks!
3-1 Lucic. Lucic hits an awsome forehand winner. 30-30 after a great De Brito return. Lucic holds though.
4-1 Lucic. De Brito serves. Lucic plays a poor return game. Several unforced errors.
4-2 Lucic. 40-0 Lucic. First serve is looking good.
5-2 Lucic. De Brito to serve. 30-40. Set point for Lucic. Again, Lucic fails to break.
5-3 Lucic. Lucic's first serve again effective in this game. She is getting alot of free points on her serve in this set. Lucic holds. Second set for Lucic.

Lucic played much better this set. The first serve was effective and she made few unforced errors, and alot of winners. There were more long rallies, and Lucic won most of them. Her forehand is HUGE in this set. It appeared to be as hard as some of the ATP players I saw. She pushed De Brito back behind the baseline quite often. That's why the drop shot became effective. She hit six or seven dropshots in this set, winning the point each time.

After the second set, Lucic takes a very long break, over ten minutes. It seems strange since all the momentum is with her.

Third Set:

They each hold serve. 1-1. De Brito to serve. Great forehands by Lucic to make it 15-40. Lucic is not aggressive on the ensuing two break points. She gets the serve back but doesn't move De Brito at all and actually looks like she is waiting for De Brito to miss. It doesn't happen. She gets two more break points and plays the same way. Four missed BP opportunities. De Brito holds.
2-1 De Brito. Lucic to serve. Lucic misses a pretty easy forehand put away after De Brito somehow returned a crushing Lucic forehand. 0-15. Lucic dominates a rally but misses the overhead. 0-30. She should have won these two points. Lucic is broken.
3-1 De Brito. Lucic seems to check out mentally at this point. She sprays the ball like the first set and in about 10 minutes, the score goes from 1-1 BP for Lucic, to 5-1 De Brito.
5-1 De Brito. Lucic gets to Deuce by crushing a few weak De Brito second serves. Where were these returns on all the BP's earlier in the set? De Brito holds. Match over.

If Miki had broken at 1-1 in the third, I'm pretty sure she would have won the match as she had the momentum. She appeared to let the four missed BP's at 1-1 affect her mentally as she missed an array of shots after that. It was disapointing to see her crack mentally. She could have said, hey I'm still on serve but I guess that didn't happen. I think the problem with all the missed BP's was simply not playing them agressively enough. It's like she plays too aggressively at times, hones it in for awhile and strikes a balance, gets back in the match, then doesn't play aggressively enough when she is about to assert control, then plays too aggresively again and is done. It's like a yo-yo.

mikireturns
Jul 30th, 2012, 02:07 AM
^
GREAT summary, Servivor. Thank you very much for taking the time to share this in such detail.

Interesting that Miki got really tight on the crucial BP returns and forgot to attack. Even one big swing and a prayer on a return in that game would have been better than losing all four points.

She hit 13 aces in that match and had the momentum. It's clear she was able to bring big tennis and I'm glad you noticed that her best stuff came when she was being methodical, not rushing, going to the towel for that extra few seconds of focus and displacement activity.

She caved mentally in the key game when she ought to have taken a few more seconds, focused, made de Brito think about those serves and just hauled off some big aggressive returns.

Her return game is a massive liability, especially on the 2nd serve return. Her percentages are dismal for a girl with such power.

Only encouraging thing: 13 aces and she "should" have won.

Girlfriend needs a sit down with the coach on her return game, focus exercises, and she needs matches.

Thanks again ... That was great. Win or lose, glad you got to see her play in person.

WhatTheDeuce
Jul 30th, 2012, 02:26 AM
Great report, Servivor! Appreciate it :)

Everyone send good vibes for Canada :oh: More than one match would be dandy...:p

ajmo!
Jul 30th, 2012, 09:24 AM
Nice report :yeah:
Seems like she is in form(even though she that 3rd set 6-1) and I'm looking foward to next matches.
Who cares about crapy Washington anyway? GL Miki in Canada, I feel there will be many upsets.

mikireturns
Jul 31st, 2012, 10:34 AM
Nice report :yeah:
Seems like she is in form(even though she that 3rd set 6-1) and I'm looking foward to next matches.
Who cares about crapy Washington anyway? GL Miki in Canada, I feel there will be many upsets.

Yeah, well, Ajmo, I luv ya, baby, and agree that we must look for more upsets, but let's face facts:

Mirjana really screwed the fuckin' pooch on this one.

Look at all the obstacles in her side of the draw that are gone. She could have gone to the final and WON this shit event.

Sorry, but if you don't win when a match and a whole tournament literally open-up for you to WIN, then when, exactly, are you going to win?

Yeah, Miki has some form with 13 aces, but still loses in the first round of the most lame, winnable WTA event of the year?

For the sake of WTD, I hope she can get through qualifying in Montreal.

Miki = BAD career decisions even after she has a breakthrough.

Apparently, if you threw a tournament trophy at Miki these days, she would throw it back to you like a hot potato.

GL Miki, but if you can't rise to the easiest occasion, when exactly are you going to rise at all?

WhatTheDeuce
Jul 31st, 2012, 01:06 PM
Do you guys think she reads this board/forum?

ajmo!
Jul 31st, 2012, 04:32 PM
We surely are biggest ''support'' group she has that isn't connected to her(I mean friends, family). And surely biggest support group online.
I guess she knows about this forum and maybe even reads this at times.

WhatTheDeuce
Jul 31st, 2012, 05:53 PM
I just hope she doesn't read it and get discouraged or offended by the comments or anything like that...

ajmo!
Jul 31st, 2012, 06:53 PM
Mirjana is strong lady. She's been trough alot in her life, some stupid posts can't discourage such a person. But offend? Surely.

MLF
Jul 31st, 2012, 09:14 PM
We surely are biggest ''support'' group she has that isn't connected to her(I mean friends, family). And surely biggest support group online

I'm not sure Mirjana would consider everyone on here a support group. Of course we shouldn't say we're happy when she loses or misses an opportunity. Nobody feels worse than the player. However, some of the phrasing is a little dubious, borderline offensive and it's important to support a player even with the losses.

The person who knows Miki best on here doesn't even post here anymore due to the nature of a lot of posts. I share the occasional bit of knowledge via pm. I don't want to say too much but there is a particular poster who the Lucic family are aware of and do not wish to be present at Mirjana's matches.

mikireturns
Jul 31st, 2012, 11:39 PM
I'm not sure Mirjana would consider everyone on here a support group. Of course we shouldn't say we're happy when she loses or misses an opportunity. Nobody feels worse than the player. However, some of the phrasing is a little dubious, borderline offensive and it's important to support a player even with the losses.

The person who knows Miki best on here doesn't even post here anymore due to the nature of a lot of posts. I share the occasional bit of knowledge via pm. I don't want to say too much but there is a particular poster who the Lucic family are aware of and do not wish to be present at Mirjana's matches.

Oh please. Get out the violin and cue the dramatic "spooky music" because MLF, the Queen, is descending the staircase to grace us all with her Norma Desmond presence.

First, some facts, and then I'll deal with MLF, who probably prepares himself to peruse the Miki fan-forum by putting on a rhinestone tiara, an ermine wrap, buying himself a dozen black roses, and whimpering through an entire box of Kleenex.

You disgrace every fan here, MLF ... with passive aggressive complex. More about that, later, though.

This is a fan forum.

It's for fans.

Do the players know that various fan forums exist? Certainly. Do they frequent them?

NO.

Anyone who ACTUALLY plays tennis and is involved in the global tennis community, and attends tournaments, will tell you the simplest of truths.

Namely, the players, particularly the top players, work hard to avoid all of their press as a rule, because the game is so exceedingly mental.

Regarding these particular fan forums, Olga Savchuk (a total riot of a girl) told me point blank two years ago: : "No, no no. The young ones coming up, they like these forums, then they run away like babies burning these hands on stovetop. They learn. Facebook. Everyone Facebook. You read online only when you win. Never the bad times. Never before big match, sure. Nothing. Everbody know that.

That's verbatim. And that is also BY FAR the pervasively understood buzz on the tour, for anyone who has had any remote contact with competitive tennis and the inner-workings of the game--not only attending events, but actually competing, writing in any number of mediums, etc.

The overarching point is that these are forums for fans to utilize: to cheer; to rant; to vent; etc. -- far different from the press circles, far different from Facebook, far different from blogging, far different from any other sphere.

We have all taken the roller coaster with Mirjana, but if there is a place to do it, this [I]is the place. AJMO, Croat 123, me, WTD ... everyone has vented their disappointments and hopes about Miki's career on this thread because that is what it is for. We all have examples of being too excited or too disappointed with Mirjana's results, and these can be cited easily.

That's okay.

I am here because I think Mirjana is a fabulous mess -- an inspirationally wonderful lady with a great back-story, an "animated" and unusual family (try disputing that in the world of humans, MLF), and an explosive game that is fun to follow because, given her power and her explosiveness ... you never do know when or if she might truly break out and do something amazing.

Moreover, I play the game, competitively. Amateur events, but USTA rated and ranked, and it really IS the "sport of a lifetime." Tennis is great.

I do not judge fans who do not play, who cannot play, or who have never perhaps ventured from their drab oubliettes to actually attend a real tennis match (ring any bells, MLF?)

I'll go out on a limb, but I think that the freedom to vent about the players we follow is one of the big reasons all of us come here to express ourselves.

Knowing that the seasoned players avoid these spots is helpful. One can easily discern the difference between normal cheering/venting about results and effective reporting, which you would find in the press, and on blogs, such as mine, which has maintained a solid, encouraging, uplifting, realistic and WELL-WRITTEN document of Mirjana's comeback journey for over two years.

No one else has done that for her.

Not even the "person who knows Miki best" (which is a load of f'ing crap) and who doesn't do jack for her. Oh yeah, certain "other" alleged talents who "know Mirjana best of all" have perhaps launched a one-page attempt to document her progress, and these projects were abandoned for who knows what tawdry reasons. NOTHING.

As for my writing on my Mirjana blog, well, the writing speaks for itself. Like or dislike it. Up to you. Mirjana's mother really likes it, and I don't see you writing well-calibrated bits about Miki, MLF.

But the fan-forum issue is a separate issue entirely, the free-expression fan forum.

Can we be too critical on these forums? Absolutely. And in a minute, I am about to get VERY critical, but not about Mirjana. I reconfigure and edit some of my posts on this forum so that they are reasoned, rather than reactionary. None of us have to do that.

We're here as fans.

I appreciate the insight that I encounter from other fans about the game in general, about Mirjana's game, and frankly the privilege of just batting a few "tennis thoughts" about ... because that is what this forum is designed for. Great people, for the most part. I like AJMO's sharp, concise comments. That is his style. I like Croat 123s angst and good match commentary--that is fun to experience as a fellow fan. Servivor's, too. Most everyone. I like WTD just because I get to see some awesome "Britney Face" whenever he posts, but also because the commentary is germaine to Mirjana's exploits.

THAT'S the point.

Heaven help Mirjana if she sits and reads her fan boards:

MIRJANA: "WHY? Why does Ajmo say I must retire now and this other one say I am a wreck and the Mikireturn person say I lay egg on the courts? WHY?? I am no chicken, I am only one woman, trying my best? Where are those truly creepy morons like MLF who blow smoke up my ass and pretend to know about tennis, I want THEM!"

Sorry. The line has been crossed.

This is a very worthy group of diehards, and now, MLF, you are going to get the woodshed spanking you've been begging for.

You show up here, on these forums, like a fluttering sissy, replete with innuendoes and insinuations. Like a demented butterfly, honoring us with your non-cited "inside information."

Mirjana's dog died.

Does she know you dropped that bit of very personal information on a public forum?

I think not.

You, MLF, sitting like a malignant little shithouse spider in some raunchy flat in the UK, offer this forum only condescension disguised as "real info."

Have you attended one or any of Mirjana's matches?

Do they let you out in public to do so?

If not, you had damned well be very careful about your "I'm in THICK with the Lucic Family and I Know Who They Want Courtside!" bullshit.

First, you are stuck in some dingy basement gnawing on the yellowed fingertips of your unwarranted arrogance.

Clearly, you are in league with the "person who knows Miki best and who will not post here anymore."

Good, the two of you make a fine pair. USELESS.

If you have an issue to bring, don't bring it out in little opportunistic, sissified poofs out of your ass, MLF. Bring it! Don't beat around the bush!

Proof.

Don't mince into the forum like a whiny chorus-girl and do a little dance and then scuttle back to your rancid hole after dropping everyone your equivalent of "treats."

Bring this proof to light for everyone. Seriously ... you passive aggressive piece of perfidious prissiness.

Let us know what happened the last time you had dinner with the Lucic clan.

Please, grace us.

This is a fan forum ... we all share our opinions and experiences, here.

Feel free.

My experience with Mirjana is a great combo of documented journalism and "being a fan" since 1997, documented. I have only ever shook her hand and wished well like a normal tennis fan, when I have PAID TO attend many tournaments, not only for her, but for other players I lke and tennis in general. Believe me, I write a lot more about Roger Federer than I do about Mirjana, but I champion Mirjana's journey.

If I am too passionate on this forum, then kiss my ass.

But don't buy into the tepid idiocy of repressed Anglican twits who just flutter-in and "pose" for the rest of us like crusty old dowagers holding silken hankies up to their collars, when they don't know anything. Like we should all bow down. MLF hasn't even played tennis or attended an event, which is okay -- not everyone can. But if you're going to be a slandering mealy-mouthed little namby-pamby queenie-pie, then you had better have some serious shit to back it up.

I ain't kiddin.'

Even for you, MLF, being a certified asshole, your insinuations--wherever they were directed--were exceedingly uncool.

"I don't want to say too much" ... what a complete dilettante.

WhatTheDeuce
Aug 1st, 2012, 01:24 AM
I don't want to say too much but there is a particular poster who the Lucic family are aware of and do not wish to be present at Mirjana's matches.
:eek:

networthy
Aug 2nd, 2012, 05:25 AM
I don't want to say too much but there is a particular poster who the Lucic family are aware of and do not wish to be present at Mirjana's matches.

:eek: :eek: :eek:

qwertytx
Aug 2nd, 2012, 05:56 AM
Well... here's my two cents...

I think Miki has a problem focusing in matches that she should win. What I saw from her Wimbledon matches was that she was striking the ball confidently and really preparing for each upcoming point. When she plays someone like a MLDB, it's almost as if she is annoyed with herself that the match is close then really comes off the rails. While her game is exciting, it is frustrating, as a fan, that she cannot (or will not) adjust her game and play safer shots when her timing is a bit off.

mikireturns
Aug 2nd, 2012, 06:28 AM
:eek: :eek: :eek:

Yeah, great, networthy. You needed three spooky avatars to express yourself about a situation wherein someone (most pathetically) is starting a completely untrue online rumor because, frankly, it is easy to do.

Most unfortunate. Good grief, if humans are that gullible, then we get what we deserve.

I am still waiting for MLF's revelation. Oh, WHO? little sissy-puss? WHO?

A huge accusation/implication. Back it up.

Yeah.

Thank heaven I have really glorious and aggressive attorneys.

Which brings up the point: How lame is it to be treated so horribly by such a fool. On a freakin' fan thread. I don't denigrate the fan thread because I have enjoyed it and I am not going to underscore the people I have enjoyed. Already done it.

But no one deserves slanderous treatment, no matter how weird the Lucic family might be, and no matter how unbelievably goofy her fan-circle might be.

Tennis? Mirjana will go through her paces in Montreal. For the sake of pleasant people I have liked on this fan thread, I hope WTD has a great time and gets a chance to see multiple matches.

Beyond that ... best to everyone.

I'll be watching joyfully and gaily from afar! Hee hee.

SERVivor
Aug 3rd, 2012, 09:34 PM
She plays a Canadian WC in the first round of Montreal Qualifying with likely opponents Kai Chen of Tawain and Barboro Strykova in the ensuing rounds.

ajmo!
Aug 3rd, 2012, 10:47 PM
Not easy, but GL Mirjana.

WhatTheDeuce
Aug 3rd, 2012, 11:13 PM
So excited. :hearts: Gonna be the only one there cheering for Miki :D I hope she's not on Centre, the second biggest court (National Bank) is more intimate. Really hope she's scheduled there!

ajmo!
Aug 3rd, 2012, 11:22 PM
She's playing Canadian so you never know, but there are some more exciting matches so I doubt.

kfh_9118
Aug 4th, 2012, 10:56 AM
good luck in Montreal Q1, Miki

Hele.
Aug 4th, 2012, 03:09 PM
Good luck! :bounce:

WhatTheDeuce
Aug 4th, 2012, 04:17 PM
Watching Miki practice with a Canadian girl right now, she's hitting the ball beautifully and looking in good spirits. I wished her good luck and she smiled and said thank you :hearts: Pics and videos later.

ajmo!
Aug 4th, 2012, 04:45 PM
Great, so happy for you. :)

WhatTheDeuce
Aug 4th, 2012, 04:54 PM
Got a picture with her :hearts: and told her she's a huge inspiration - she seemed really touched, was a great moment. :D

Pebbles
Aug 4th, 2012, 04:56 PM
That's so lovely! :) very glad that you have this chance to meet her WTD.

tennismaster8820
Aug 4th, 2012, 05:01 PM
Got a picture with her :hearts: and told her she's a huge inspiration - she seemed really touched, was a great moment. :D

:cool:
Great moment! :)

ajmo!
Aug 4th, 2012, 07:49 PM
Mirjana having alot of problems with this nobody. Only 2 points won on return of first serve.
Play Miki!

WhatTheDeuce
Aug 4th, 2012, 07:55 PM
Mirjana in control of everything, making winners and errors. Other girl has noting to hurt her with. If she continues playing at this 60-70% level she will be fine...

markdelaney
Aug 4th, 2012, 08:07 PM
These double faults are alarming. 9 already and only in her 7th service game

ajmo!
Aug 4th, 2012, 08:25 PM
She won and that's what matters. But I did expect something like 61 61. GL in QR2

Pebbles
Aug 4th, 2012, 08:51 PM
Back to winning ways :yeah:

xcrtbckhnd
Aug 4th, 2012, 09:56 PM
Keep going Miki!!!!

WhatTheDeuce
Aug 4th, 2012, 10:45 PM
I will upload pics and videos as soon as I can, hopefully tonight. As far as the match today: Miki's serve was kind of erratic but luckily she offset those 10 doubles with 6 aces and plenty of unreturnables. The young Canadian girl doubled quite a bit herself and she basically tried hitting with Mirjana to no avail, the match was never in doubt, even when Miki was in a bad patch. I must say, it was quite a sight to watch her hit groundstrokes up close, she hits SO flat and hard, it's really amazing. Literally ZERO revolutions on the ball as it travels across the net, just really spectacular & effortless power. The only girl I saw today who came close in terms of weight of shot is Rezai. Really looking forward to seeing her again tomorrow!

Other random notes:

- Every time she made a mistake in practice she would blurt this cute little expression, something to the effect of HOPPALAI! or something :sobbing: It was kind of hilarious. You may hear it in one of the videos, not really sure.

- During her match, she got quite angry at herself a few times for letting it stay as close as it did, at one point she failed to get into proper position for a groundstroke and she yelled at her coach "Where the hell am I? I don't get where I am. Where am I?!?!"

I hope I can talk to her more tomorrow and try to have a conversation beyond "good luck" and "you're an inspiration, thanks so much for everything," etc. I'll ask her if she's had a chance to see the city or something, who knows. At this point she knows my face, which is super awesome. :D

WhatTheDeuce
Aug 4th, 2012, 11:09 PM
Photos from today: http://s107.photobucket.com/albums/m305/dlandy22/Rogers%20Cup%202012/

SERVivor
Aug 4th, 2012, 11:45 PM
Nice photos whatthedeuce. glad you had fun today. I believe Chang will be a tough opponent tomorrow. She has beaten Benesova and Craybas and played Pavlychenkova close in the last week. Mirjana needs to play well to win tomorrow. She can do it.

WhatTheDeuce
Aug 5th, 2012, 12:35 AM
Videos from today:

cLr5YckV6TU

iBljZnn1ZK8

Ul4ASDjc4KM

NDN2MdkIG18

2xPRsDNCbtI

vLGx1BXUQT0

zXQNu8u7fTc

WqZ2bMXDV7E

kP7gEFdmdCE

ajmo!
Aug 5th, 2012, 08:45 AM
she's so nice, honest smiles :)

markdelaney
Aug 5th, 2012, 08:45 AM
The videos are great. Thanks so much for sharing them.

ajmo!
Aug 5th, 2012, 08:48 AM
Yup, thanks. :worship:

WhatTheDeuce
Aug 5th, 2012, 08:41 PM
Great start for Miki, no errors at all yet.

xcrtbckhnd
Aug 5th, 2012, 08:48 PM
Good job so far! 4-1 up

Queenpova
Aug 5th, 2012, 08:51 PM
any stream?

WhatTheDeuce
Aug 5th, 2012, 09:01 PM
6-2 first set. Very classy and clean match so far, Chang can't handle the pace.

croat123
Aug 5th, 2012, 09:25 PM
6-2 6-1 :eek:
very impressive scoreline, she'll be happy with this :D
also happy that WTD is getting to see miki playing so well!

Pebbles
Aug 5th, 2012, 09:41 PM
great job Mirjana :yeah:

SERVivor
Aug 5th, 2012, 09:48 PM
rematch against De Brito tomorrow. Both seem to playing well. Mirjana just needs to be aggressive on the break points this time.

xcrtbckhnd
Aug 5th, 2012, 09:57 PM
WD and gl next round Miki!!

ajmo!
Aug 5th, 2012, 11:23 PM
:eek: Amazing scoreline. Surely this girl can be dangerous on HC's.
MLDB again? Huh, go Miki!

ajmo!
Aug 6th, 2012, 10:02 AM
http://www.wtatennis.com/gallery/20120806/washington-dc-gallery-magdas-lucky-duck_2256674_2872763?imageNo=2#picture

http://www.wtatennis.com/gallery/20120806/washington-dc-gallery-magdas-lucky-duck_2256674_2872763?imageNo=7#picture

http://www.wtatennis.com/gallery/20120806/washington-dc-gallery-magdas-lucky-duck_2256674_2872763?imageNo=9#picture

http://www.wtatennis.com/gallery/20120806/washington-dc-gallery-magdas-lucky-duck_2256674_2872763?imageNo=10#picture :inlove:

ajmo!
Aug 6th, 2012, 10:06 AM
Mirjana is the only one dressed properly for White House.
All other look like they are on a school trip.

Sammo
Aug 6th, 2012, 10:07 AM
Destroy De Grito

kuroishijin
Aug 6th, 2012, 11:00 AM
Mirjana is the only one dressed properly for White House.
All other look like they are on a school trip.

She looks amazing!!!

networthy
Aug 6th, 2012, 05:50 PM
Mirjana just broke to lead 3-2 against De Brito

networthy
Aug 6th, 2012, 05:59 PM
Mirjana held after a long game to go up 4-2

networthy
Aug 6th, 2012, 06:00 PM
Quick service game for Mirjana to go up 5-2.

C'mon, one more game...

croat123
Aug 6th, 2012, 06:24 PM
6-2 0-5 come on miki...

markdelaney
Aug 6th, 2012, 06:26 PM
Awful second set. Went 5-0 down with only 3 points ! Hope she can recover for the final set now !

networthy
Aug 6th, 2012, 06:27 PM
Lost the set 1-6. What happened? Either Mirjana had a complete meltdown in set 2 or De Brito stepped up her game a few notches.

Set 1 points W/L: 34-24
Set 2 points W/L: 9-27 :help:

croat123
Aug 6th, 2012, 06:27 PM
6-2 1-6 :rolleyes:

markdelaney
Aug 6th, 2012, 06:32 PM
0-40 back to Deuce . 4 BP saved. This is a huge game !

markdelaney
Aug 6th, 2012, 06:32 PM
and holds, saving 4 BP . 1-0 final set !

networthy
Aug 6th, 2012, 06:40 PM
Mirjana seems to be righting herself. Up 2-1 and 12-8 in points.

Is this going to be another Lucic drama?

tennismaster8820
Aug 6th, 2012, 06:50 PM
Important hold for 3-2 lead! :)

networthy
Aug 6th, 2012, 06:57 PM
De Brito holds, then breaks to go up 4-3.

At this point I'm praying for a Lucic drama!

croat123
Aug 6th, 2012, 07:02 PM
she won't break :sad:

croat123
Aug 6th, 2012, 07:06 PM
exact same result as last time :sad:

ajmo!
Aug 6th, 2012, 09:40 PM
I didn't see this coming after r2. No chance for LL spot?

markdelaney
Aug 6th, 2012, 10:04 PM
I didn't see this coming after r2. No chance for LL spot?

There is one LL spot in the draw. How do they draw it ? Is it from the highest 4 who Lost in the final QR, If so, she isn't one of them !

croat123
Aug 7th, 2012, 04:12 AM
That's only the case in itf. I think it's based on the rankings in wta

ajmo!
Aug 8th, 2012, 05:58 PM
Yes, radwanska and Voskoboeva got LL spots.

Queenpova
Aug 8th, 2012, 07:32 PM
wimbledon was a fluke huh?

ajmo!
Aug 8th, 2012, 07:47 PM
She'll play good tennis in NY, I believe.

qwertytx
Aug 8th, 2012, 11:41 PM
wimbledon was a fluke huh?

On grass you can give the ball a good whack and chances are it isn't coming back, and other surfaces that isn't the case. It's sad because I'm starting to believe that I think she is better than she actually is. The difference in quality between when she plays well and when she plays poorly is far too drastic. Yes, she can blast someone off the court, and she makes a great highlight reel, but you can't win matches when nearly half the points end with an error off your racquet.

ajmo!
Aug 11th, 2012, 08:12 AM
Cincinnati QR1: U.Radwanska :scared:
And even if she wins somehow, R2 Robson. :(

markdelaney
Aug 11th, 2012, 10:05 PM
and we're underway.... 0-15 15-15 30-15 30-30 (DF) 40-30 (Ace on Second Serve) HOLDS 1-0 Mirjana

markdelaney
Aug 11th, 2012, 10:10 PM
Radwanksa Holds after Deuce (2 DF) 1-1

markdelaney
Aug 11th, 2012, 10:15 PM
Mirjana broken to 30 . 1-2

markdelaney
Aug 11th, 2012, 10:18 PM
Radwanska holds to 30 3-1

markdelaney
Aug 11th, 2012, 10:20 PM
Mirjana holds to 15 2-3

markdelaney
Aug 11th, 2012, 10:23 PM
Radwanksa holds to love 4-2

markdelaney
Aug 11th, 2012, 10:27 PM
Mirjana loses serve from 40-0 2-5

markdelaney
Aug 11th, 2012, 10:31 PM
First set 6-2. Radwanska wins 9 of the last 10 points

markdelaney
Aug 11th, 2012, 10:40 PM
and now throws in 4 DF in 6 points after having game point to lose first game, second set.

markdelaney
Aug 11th, 2012, 10:42 PM
Radwanska Holds to love 6-2 2-0

markdelaney
Aug 11th, 2012, 10:45 PM
Mirjana holds to 30. 2-6 1-2

Hele.
Aug 12th, 2012, 08:53 AM
2-6 2-6 :sad:

croat123
Aug 12th, 2012, 12:05 PM
very bad...

ajmo!
Aug 17th, 2012, 08:13 AM
Bad loses. She should have played some challengers, she clearly was ready to win big points there( 3 matches in Montreal suggest that).
Anyway this is her road to Dallas MD:

(3)Mirjana Lucic (CRO) v (wc)Roxanne Ellison (USA)
Elizabeth Lumpkin (USA) v (6)Jennifer Elie (USA)

networthy
Aug 17th, 2012, 08:46 AM
Mirjana better not blow this most amazing chance to qualify for a WTA MD.

Ellison, at 22 yo, has never had a singles ranking. Elie, at 25 yo, has a CH singles ranking of #311 (currently 335). And Lumpkin, at 26 yo, has a CH singles ranking of #443 (currently 516).

ajmo!
Aug 17th, 2012, 11:49 AM
Well Elie had some good matches lately so I wouldn't be shocked if it happens.
The most important is that she does well in NY.

croat123
Aug 18th, 2012, 01:04 AM
She won 1 and 2 :)

SERVivor
Aug 18th, 2012, 02:29 PM
Elie and Lumpkins have to finsh their match it's 4-3 Lumpkins in the third set. Based on that, Mirjana should be able to beat either of them, although I'd prefer she play Lumpkins she has the worse ranking.

croat123
Aug 18th, 2012, 03:34 PM
Yes, looking good. Hope she doesn't draw kerber if she makes it.

Hele.
Aug 18th, 2012, 04:30 PM
Yes, looking good. Hope she doesn't draw kerber if she makes it.

If Kerber wins today in Cincinnati that maybe wouldn't be bad, because I don't think she will bother herself with playing international event if she wins a lot of pts there, so Miki might play LL then. :shrug:

croat123
Aug 18th, 2012, 06:47 PM
That's true. She really needs at least two more wins this week!

croat123
Aug 18th, 2012, 07:05 PM
Playing doubles!
Bertens/Rus v Bhargava/Krywacz
Czink/Lucic v (3)Gajdosova/Zakopalova
Dekmeijere/Falconi v Jurak/Marosi
(wc)Harman/Kalhorn v (2)Begu/Cornet

ajmo!
Aug 18th, 2012, 07:56 PM
Great to see it, but really not the best draw. Both Zakopalova and Gajdosova play doubles all the time.
there were many walking byes in the draw like Elisson/Elisson, Lumpkin/schnak, Elie/Muhamed, Brengson/Wembles-Smith, Bhargava/Krywacz, Harman/Kalhorn.

croat123
Aug 19th, 2012, 12:23 AM
Looks like rain....

croat123
Aug 19th, 2012, 01:12 AM
Play cancelled for the day

networthy
Aug 19th, 2012, 05:38 AM
I doubt that Kerber, having reached the final in Cincinnati, will bother with Dallas. In that case, the Q placements in the MD would be against a LL, another Q, Begu, Falconi and Voskoboeva.

Mirjana has an excellent chance to make the MD, especially if there's a LL spot. Once in the MD, she would have a decent chance to win her R1 match.

Good luck!

networthy
Aug 19th, 2012, 08:17 PM
Elie and Lumpkins have to finsh their match it's 4-3 Lumpkins in the third set. Based on that, Mirjana should be able to beat either of them, although I'd prefer she play Lumpkins she has the worse ranking.

Lumpkin (#516) beat Elie (#335).

It's not often a player has to get past #516 to qualify for a WTA MD. Mirjana better not blow this :armed:

Play is about to start.

croat123
Aug 19th, 2012, 08:37 PM
Miki 1-0*

markdelaney
Aug 19th, 2012, 08:37 PM
Serving first, went 40-0, pulled back to Deuce, then holds 1-0

networthy
Aug 19th, 2012, 08:39 PM
Mirjana taken to deuce on her serve in the first game :facepalm:

croat123
Aug 19th, 2012, 08:39 PM
2bps for Miki...come on

croat123
Aug 19th, 2012, 08:40 PM
Miki 2*-0

networthy
Aug 19th, 2012, 08:41 PM
Mirjana breaks to go up 20

croat123
Aug 19th, 2012, 08:44 PM
Miki 3-0*

croat123
Aug 19th, 2012, 08:47 PM
BP Miki

croat123
Aug 19th, 2012, 08:47 PM
Miki 4*-0

croat123
Aug 19th, 2012, 08:52 PM
BP Lumpkin
4-1* Miki
didn't drop a first serve point till 30-30 and then lost two in a row

croat123
Aug 19th, 2012, 08:55 PM
BP Miki, take it

croat123
Aug 19th, 2012, 08:56 PM
Miki 5*-1

croat123
Aug 19th, 2012, 08:59 PM
6-1 :)

networthy
Aug 19th, 2012, 09:00 PM
Mirjana takes the first set, 61, in under 26 minutes.

networthy
Aug 19th, 2012, 09:00 PM
...but she gave up 16 points (more than two per game), which seems like a lot against a player of Lumpkin's caliber.

croat123
Aug 19th, 2012, 09:06 PM
6-1 0*-1

croat123
Aug 19th, 2012, 09:08 PM
...but she gave up 16 points (more than two per game), which seems like a lot against a player of Lumpkin's caliber.
i agree. however, it's hard to gauge how much effort she is putting into this match

croat123
Aug 19th, 2012, 09:09 PM
6-1 1-1*

croat123
Aug 19th, 2012, 09:12 PM
2BP Miki

croat123
Aug 19th, 2012, 09:13 PM
wasted

networthy
Aug 19th, 2012, 09:15 PM

It's now up to 27 points in nine games. That's three points per game :facepalm:

markdelaney
Aug 19th, 2012, 09:19 PM
It's now up to 27 points in nine games. That's three points per game :facepalm:

I expect 24 of them are unforced errors. She's now f***** up and gone 1-3 down

croat123
Aug 19th, 2012, 09:20 PM
BP Miki

croat123
Aug 19th, 2012, 09:21 PM
breaks back

croat123
Aug 19th, 2012, 09:36 PM
6-1 4*-3

croat123
Aug 19th, 2012, 09:39 PM
40-0 to duece :o

croat123
Aug 19th, 2012, 09:40 PM
6-1 5-3*
just break and get this over with :)

croat123
Aug 19th, 2012, 09:45 PM
6-1 5*-4

croat123
Aug 19th, 2012, 09:47 PM
ace 2MP

croat123
Aug 19th, 2012, 09:48 PM
GSM 6-1 6-4
please play better..

networthy
Aug 19th, 2012, 09:51 PM
Phew, Mirjana did it--but somehow managed to lose three points (exactly) per game to a player ranked outside the top 500 :facepalm: :rolleyes: :banghead:

Good luck in the MD. If she shows up with today's form, she's going to need it.

frenchie
Aug 19th, 2012, 10:08 PM
I hope for a good placement in the draw

Kerber might withdraw. She looked dead against Li today.

networthy
Aug 19th, 2012, 11:31 PM
I hope for a good placement in the draw

Kerber might withdraw. She looked dead against Li today.

Wouldn't you know it, Mirjana drew Kerber.

This could be either very bad (if Kerber plays) or very good (if she withdraws, in which case Mirjana gets a LL: Czink, Dabrowski, Lumpkin or Webley-Smith).

Knowing Mirjana's luck, Kerber will probably decide she needs a little more preparation before the USO :hysteric:

croat123
Aug 19th, 2012, 11:33 PM
yeah, i'm afraid kerber will play. they could play the match on tuesday to give her more time to rest

croat123
Aug 19th, 2012, 11:46 PM
https://twitter.com/SI_BTBaseline/status/237317736630468609

Kerber will head to Dallas for a few more matches. Asked her if she'd rather take the week off, "It's tough to say." #cincytennis

xcrtbckhnd
Aug 19th, 2012, 11:55 PM
Awful luck with the draw but good job qualifying. Kerber's game is a nightmare for Miki.

croat123
Aug 20th, 2012, 01:38 AM
center court 8:30pm tomorrow

networthy
Aug 20th, 2012, 02:49 AM
Just watch: Kerber will decide she needs *just one more* match for her USO preparation and is already planning to tank her R2 match :hysteric:

SERVivor
Aug 20th, 2012, 03:55 AM
Kerber has already had plenty of match preparation for the U.S. Open. She is heading to Dallas for one reason - The tournament is paying her big $$ i.e. an appearance fee. The website is touting having "A Wimbledon Semi Finalist." Hopefully Kerber will be tired from all the matches and travel and will put in a minimal effort tomorrow against Mirjana. I've seen it happen many times when a player gets a big appearance fee and really doesn't want/need to play.

networthy
Aug 20th, 2012, 08:43 AM
By the way, if I'm not mistaken, Mirjana at this point has 521 countable points for 2012. Even if she doesn't earn another point, she'll finish the year no lower than around #135.

ajmo!
Aug 20th, 2012, 09:13 AM
Such a bad draw, oh... In both singles and doubles.

ajmo!
Aug 20th, 2012, 09:21 AM
And Kerber is just pathetic. To say she'll come and play a match or two is anything but real sport.
Hope Miki keeps her focus because this b.itch must be tired.

markdelaney
Aug 20th, 2012, 09:49 AM
Voskoboeva has lost 9 of her last 11 matches
Begu only plays well on clay
Falconi lost 6-4 6-0 last week to an unranked 15 year old
Kerber has won 53 matches this year

and who does she draw..........

ajmo!
Aug 20th, 2012, 01:05 PM
just like always, just like last year in dallas..
but if she loses to kerber it will be much easier to handle it than if she lost to begu or falconi

qwertytx
Aug 20th, 2012, 02:31 PM
Bad luck, but honestly she hasn't made much of her good draws this year either. At least she got a couple of match wins under her belt.

croat123
Aug 20th, 2012, 03:48 PM
She'll play US Open doubles with Foretz :)

ajmo!
Aug 20th, 2012, 06:53 PM
It would be really nice to get some interview with her just to know her plans for the future.

WhatTheDeuce
Aug 20th, 2012, 10:55 PM
Kerber withdrew apparently...:shrug:

croat123
Aug 21st, 2012, 01:09 AM
she'll play wembley-smith instead...

croat123
Aug 21st, 2012, 01:29 AM
jankovic-shvedova is going to take ages...

networthy
Aug 21st, 2012, 02:33 AM
she'll play wembley-smith instead...

W-S is barely in the top 400. She needed 10 games to beat Stevenson and lost 2 and 1 to Dellacqua. Mirjana better win this! :armed:

networthy
Aug 21st, 2012, 02:46 AM
jankovic-shvedova is going to take ages...

7-6(7), 6-7(4)...

2.5 hours and they still have a full set to play. Watch this become the longest womens' match in recent history.

:groan:

networthy
Aug 21st, 2012, 03:28 AM
The players are now warming up

networthy
Aug 21st, 2012, 03:37 AM
Taken to deuce but Mirjana holds serve to go up 10

networthy
Aug 21st, 2012, 03:40 AM
Mirjana breaks at 30. Now 20

networthy
Aug 21st, 2012, 03:42 AM
Lightning-fast service hold at love. Mirjana up 30

networthy
Aug 21st, 2012, 03:45 AM
W-S holds at 30. It's now 31

networthy
Aug 21st, 2012, 03:48 AM
Easy hold at 15 for Mirjana. She's looking confident, as W-S looks outclassed.

Mirjana up 4-1.

networthy
Aug 21st, 2012, 03:53 AM
Mirjana breaks after the first deuce to go up 5-1.

W-S is having some success when her first serve goes in but otherwise doesn't have anything with which to hurt Mirjana.

networthy
Aug 21st, 2012, 03:57 AM
Mirjana holds at 30 to win the first set 6-1, in just 22 minutes.

W-S looks completely outclassed. Let's hope this continues in set 2.

networthy
Aug 21st, 2012, 04:00 AM
W-S holds at love to win the first game of the second set.

After just four points, W-S has as many games in the second set as she did in the whole of the first set.

networthy
Aug 21st, 2012, 04:02 AM
ML holds at 15. 1-1

networthy
Aug 21st, 2012, 04:06 AM
ML breaks after the first deuce to go up 2-1.

Come on, Mirjana--just four more games...

networthy
Aug 21st, 2012, 04:08 AM
Mirjana holds at love. Up 3-1

networthy
Aug 21st, 2012, 04:10 AM
W-S returns the favor by also holding at love. 3-2

It's a terrible match, btw, quality-wise, with lots of UEs, few winners and even fewer rallies.

networthy
Aug 21st, 2012, 04:15 AM
W-S was close, at deuce, to evening the set but Mirjana pulled through, including with a lucky netcord shot on game point. She's up 4-2.

Just eight more points...

networthy
Aug 21st, 2012, 04:18 AM
Breaks at 30, goes up 5-2. Almost there!

networthy
Aug 21st, 2012, 04:21 AM
Holds at love, wins easily 61 62 in just 46 minutes :yeah:

She picks up $3,100 and another 30 points.

networthy
Aug 21st, 2012, 04:25 AM
By the way, if I'm not mistaken, Mirjana at this point has 521 countable points for 2012. Even if she doesn't earn another point, she'll finish the year no lower than around #135.

After today's win, make that ~120-125.

networthy
Aug 21st, 2012, 04:27 AM
In R2 Mirjana plays Jovanovski (#87), who got in with a WC.

Mirjana has had a ridiculously easy draw so far and now has a decent chance to reach the QF. Good luck!

SERVivor
Aug 21st, 2012, 05:02 AM
Mirjana has really had good luck this week with an easy qualifying draw and playing a LL in the first round while taking over Kerber's #1 seed draw. But, she's done her job and has now won three matches very easily and only had to put in about 3 hours of court time. She should be fresh for Jovanovski. That should be a good match - Jovanovski can be inconsistent but can also produce good tennis at times. She won the hard court tournament in Azabajan last month, athough with an admittidly crappy field. Mirjana has a real shot at the QF.

kuroishijin
Aug 21st, 2012, 06:59 AM
Wow it is so nice to see this development :bounce:.

Match against Jovanovski should be very, very interesting. She is good match up for Miki, we would see plenty of winners and errors flying around from both girls :p, it is for sure winnable, go Miki!

networthy
Aug 21st, 2012, 07:38 AM
Mirjana plays both her singles and doubles match tomorrow. Good luck--especially in singles!

ajmo!
Aug 21st, 2012, 07:47 AM
Good to se that she won and also had luck with draw.
I thought that at WTA LL is the highest player who lost in Q? :confused:
And Czink should still be in Dallas because she has doubles with Miki.

croat123
Aug 21st, 2012, 11:38 AM
well, finally had a chance to watch miki win a match on stream (would have been the first time since i don't even remember when...i think one of the challengers in florida that was streamed), but jankovic played a marathon and i had to get up at 6am :p

can't watch today either :(

ajmo!
Aug 21st, 2012, 01:00 PM
Hope maybe somebody posts at least highlights somewhere.

rucolo
Aug 21st, 2012, 01:43 PM
Mirjana into Dallas R2 ! :cheer:

Thank you for withdrawing, Angelique :kiss:

WhatTheDeuce
Aug 21st, 2012, 04:22 PM
I didn't realize this event was streamed. =/

Good luck today Miki!

Hele.
Aug 21st, 2012, 05:34 PM
I know the opponents are not first class, but it is so amazing to see Miki winning 3 matches so easily! :hearts:

SERVivor
Aug 21st, 2012, 06:47 PM
tonights match on Grandstand will also be livestreamed on livescorehunter.com

ajmo!
Aug 21st, 2012, 07:49 PM
So both her matches will be streamed? Man, I wish I could watch her play. :/

WhatTheDeuce
Aug 21st, 2012, 11:22 PM
Why is her match not listed on LSH? :sobbing:

tennismaster8820
Aug 21st, 2012, 11:25 PM
^^
:o Yesterday all matches on all courts were streamed. :(
Why not today????

SERVivor
Aug 21st, 2012, 11:31 PM
It was listed earlier today. I don't know what happened. They seem to be livestreaming center court and grand stand 2, but not grand stand 1.

SERVivor
Aug 22nd, 2012, 12:09 AM
by the scoring, this match looks to be very competitive and exciting. Meanwhile Wozniak/Bourchard is boring the hell out me on the livestream on grandstand 2

SERVivor
Aug 22nd, 2012, 12:34 AM
crap double fault at 5-5 in the tiebreak. set point for Jovanovski. Wow. a 1hr 5 minute first set!. Damn, I wish I could have seen it

markdelaney
Aug 22nd, 2012, 12:35 AM
absolutely effing useless double faulting at 5-5 in the tie-break and losing it 7-5, having won 1 point more in the set

SERVivor
Aug 22nd, 2012, 12:35 AM
she let Jovanovski win too many second serve points. Mijana sure had her chances. disapointing to lose such a long set. it will be very hard to regroup after that.

SERVivor
Aug 22nd, 2012, 12:37 AM
Mirjana lost 3 or 4 points on serve in the tiebreak after cruising on serve the last few times. she also didn't get a high first serve percentage in the tie break.

SERVivor
Aug 22nd, 2012, 12:39 AM
easy first service game with 60% first serve percentage to start the second set. She could have used that type of serving in the tiebreak. lol.

SERVivor
Aug 22nd, 2012, 12:45 AM
double faults creeping in

SERVivor
Aug 22nd, 2012, 12:45 AM
Jovanovski gets the first break.

ajmo!
Aug 22nd, 2012, 08:06 AM
Also lost doubles. After they didn't convert set point in set 1 they lost 7 games in arow. :(

kuroishijin
Aug 22nd, 2012, 08:21 AM
Well good luck next time.

NaNaSlam
Aug 22nd, 2012, 10:49 AM
honestly she should retire :(

SERVivor
Aug 22nd, 2012, 11:34 PM
honestly she should retire :(

that's a little harsh. She's stil in the top 100

ajmo!
Aug 23rd, 2012, 07:37 AM
I'm a bit unhappy that she didn't fought in doubles and after 5-3 lost 5-7 0-6. But singles were ok.. She should have been more focused in tb and at the start of the second set but she played solid I believe.

ajmo!
Aug 23rd, 2012, 04:29 PM
martinez sanchez in r1 if i saw well..serena in r2

WhatTheDeuce
Aug 23rd, 2012, 05:26 PM
martinez sanchez in r1 if i saw well..serena in r2
US TV coverage if she makes R2 :)

frenchie
Aug 23rd, 2012, 08:24 PM
not a bad draw for a 1st round

I hope she targets Martinez Sanchez' FH!

That girl has a ridiculous grunt also.

Sammo
Aug 23rd, 2012, 09:58 PM
Martinez Sanchez huh? She's in pretty bad shape, very winnable 1st round, it's in Mirjana's racquet.

networthy
Aug 24th, 2012, 04:53 AM
Mirjana's draw could have been much, much worse (see Martic, Petra). M-S has a CH singles ranking of 19 but is currently behind Mirjana in the rankings, at 110.

Mirjana has a chance. She already beat M-S this year, though it was a close three-setter, 4-6 7-5 6-4. Let's hope Mirjana has one of her good days.

qwertytx
Aug 24th, 2012, 05:43 AM
It isn't a bad draw to me. She would probably have to play a seed in R1 or R2, and her current form isn't great so at least she has a winnable R1. That's a good amount of points and prize money if she wins.

croat123
Aug 24th, 2012, 11:28 AM
Exactly. Winnable first round.

ajmo!
Aug 24th, 2012, 12:11 PM
Erakovic was worse draw(last year) and she was not in any form and she did it. Hope she can defend her points.

rucolo
Aug 24th, 2012, 01:03 PM
Nice US Open R1 draw for Mirjana. Could have been much worse really ;)

I want R2 Mirjana vs Serena so much. The last meeting was Wimbledon 1998 :eek:

SERVivor
Aug 24th, 2012, 05:00 PM
Martinez-Sanchez is basically a doubles specialist now. Kind of silimar to Dulko situation. I expect a competitive match, but Mirjana has had more hard court singles preparation. I'd love to see her play Williams in round 2 but she'd have to play lights out tennis to make it competitive. Back in '98 they were both teen age hot shots and were on a similar level.

qwertytx
Aug 24th, 2012, 10:53 PM
Martinez-Sanchez is basically a doubles specialist now. Kind of silimar to Dulko situation. I expect a competitive match, but Mirjana has had more hard court singles preparation. I'd love to see her play Williams in round 2 but she'd have to play lights out tennis to make it competitive. Back in '98 they were both teen age hot shots and were on a similar level.

It would be tough against Serena. I don't think Miki has enough variety to take advantage if Serena has an off day. Regardless, I'd be thrilled if they played because it would mean Miki won R1.

ajmo!
Aug 25th, 2012, 06:24 PM
http://www.vecernji.hr/slika-640x348/vijesti/mirjana-lucic-zasjenila-sve-tenisacice-new-yorku-slika-595725
mirjana again star at us open pary.. hope we get some better pics soon

ajmo!
Aug 25th, 2012, 06:27 PM
http://www1.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/13th+Annual+BNP+PARIBAS+TASTE+TENNIS+Benefitting+F NffwCDw8uOl.jpg
http://www3.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/13th+Annual+BNP+PARIBAS+TASTE+TENNIS+Benefitting+c IrXQZrQhiNl.jpg
http://www3.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/13th+Annual+BNP+PARIBAS+TASTE+TENNIS+Benefitting+m h4QC7m1Dyll.jpg
http://www2.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/Mirjana+Lucic+13th+Annual+BNP+PARIBAS+TASTE+4kUS6Z b-N4dl.jpg

ajmo!
Aug 25th, 2012, 06:32 PM
It was actually taste of tennis party..little interview with mirjana:

Mirjana Lucic

Kait - If you were to have dinner with any 3 people alive or dead who would they be?

Lucic - That is a tough question! One of them for sure is if I could have one more time with my grandpa who died a couple of years ago, so he would be definitely one of them. I can’t really think of 2 more people!

Kait - Well, where would you take your granddad?

Lucic - I would like to have dinner together with my family - with my mom, my sisters and brothers, and my husband. He never got to meet my husband so that would nice.

Kait - Would you cook?

Lucic - Absolutely! Porcini Risotto is one of my favorite things that I cook and it’s really amazing. My family loves it so I think that would probably be the first dish.

little video with miki http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r89a8qoXZcE